Shewhat does she meanay some mean things to him.

by Eric Charles
My boyfriend and I have been going out for about three months now. We’ve already had sex and I think we took it way too fast.
He says he wants to be with me forever and that he loves me- I mean, could see us being like that but does he really mean it or is he just saying what he thinks I want to hear?
He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me, but sometimes he won’t call or text the whole day. It makes me feel unloved but I don’t know how to let him know that without him getting mad. He’s like “Oh yeah, I’ll text you tomorrow.” Then he doesn’t! It makes me angry but I don’t want to be like “Why didn’t you text me?!?”
How do I know if he really means what he’s saying or if he’s full of it?
Read our guy’s response after the jump!
As far as what you’re asking goes, it sounds to me like “young love”. I don’t mean that to be insulting – it is a nice thing. But the reason I say it is that it’s something I would have said years ago in an early relationship. And when I said it, I would have meant it…
Thing is though, as I had more relationships – more falling in love and then eventually the break-up, more ups, more downs, more experience – my perspective changed and the way I was in relationships changed too… for the better. Sure, people get jaded by breakups, sometimes for a month, sometimes for several months (or longer), but the ups and the downs of relationships are both really good things.
My point is that in the moments he’s with you, he probably does mean it. At the same time, love does not mean that you should expect him to pick up the phone all the time or text you constantly. Guys, lovable as we can be, usually like to use the phone to make a plan and that’s that. We don’t like chit-chat if it’s not towards a purpose – just not how we’re wired. I would say that if he says he’s going to text or call you, he should do that… But just because somebody should do something doesn’t mean they will, for whatever reason.
My feeling is that you should take this as an opportunity to learn how to deal with this sort of thing… It’s not the last time that it will happen and I can tell you that as good as I try to be, I’ll occasionally do what you’re talking about… Doesn’t mean I don’t love my girl, just means… well… I’m busy! ?
But be that as it may, it does bother you and my bet is that you are trying to figure out a way to address it without making him defensive or damaging the relationship.
First and foremost, get a handle about how you feel about it. A trap that I see a lot of couples fall into is that one person is annoyed by what the other one is doing, but instead of figuring out a constructive way to address it, they just hold resentment towards the other person to a degree.
When I say address it, I don’t necessarily mean talking it out. Sometimes that’s the best way to go and I’ll share my thoughts on that in a moment, but sometimes half the issue is how you feel about it and think about it. Do the other person a favor and at least look at the way you’re acting and handling the situation too. In this scenario, I’m not pointing any fingers, I’m just saying it’s a smart thing to do because it will give you insight into how you are and clarity on the whole situation.
Generally speaking, I think it’s destructive in a relationship to think about things in terms of what someone is doing right or wrong (whether it’s you or the guy you’re with.) It’s better to just think about what’s happening and where you’re coming from in all of it.
Some things to consider: Personally, in a relationship, if someone doesn’t do what I expect them to do, I usually forgive them… the first time… maybe the first couple of times. But when they consistently do the same thing and it is something that just doesn’t work for me and I feel like it’s reasonable for me to expect it, I do bring it up.
I would say it should be as simple as, “OK, you’re doing this and it makes me feel this way (whatever it is you feel) and it makes me think this… Can you give me a reason that would help me understand why this keeps happening?” And let him talk… I would say go for understanding, don’t go for resolution. When you put it to him like that, you’re not blaming him, you’re just telling him how you feel and asking for an explanation you can understand. He won’t get defensive if you put it in these terms.
On the other hand, you definitely do NOT want to come from a place of blaming, assuming or attacking. It sounds obvious when I write it out, but in real life, you do need to keep clear on where you’re coming from. Understanding is a good spot.
Adding to this point, I would also avoid words like “never” and “always” when it comes to things he does. Let me tell you, nothing makes me angrier faster than having a woman tell me I “always” do something (whatever it is) wrong or that I “never” do something (whatever it is) right. Avoid those words and you’ll have much fewer arguments.
There’s nothing wrong with sharing how you feel with a guy. In fact, if you tell a guy what he’s doing that you don’t like and how it makes you feel, that’s one of the best ways to help the guy get where you’re coming from. I would say a good rule is to never assume your guy knows the things he’s “supposed” to know or “should” know without you telling him. Again, you’ll avoid a lot of arguments.
Now, I want to make a point here because this is usually the place where jaded women will say, “Of course not! Stupid men don’t know anything!” To that point, guys know plenty and we really do our best. But guess what… what made our last girlfriend happy sometimes is totally different from what makes you happy. And smart guys know the best thing is never to assume we know what a woman wants… we want women to give us clues that are extremely visible-from-space obvious. And no, “clues” to a guy does not include a facial expression, voice tone or some kind of hint. Clues means basically a roadmap.
Bottom line: If you show your boyfriend exactly how to make you happy, he will do his best to do it. To a man, a woman who is thoroughly happy with him is a beautiful woman.
In fact, I would even be so bold as to say that a man will almost inevitably leave a woman if he does not believe he can make her happy. So this is something you want to be clear on. You want to make sure you let him know when he’s successful and you want to make sure he knows how he can make you happy if he’s doing something that is making you unhappy.
Do not use this in a manipulative way though. It will backfire, don’t try it.
-eric charles
Recent Relationship Forum Activity
1 minute ago
10 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
28 minutes ago
33 minutes ago
54 minutes ago
1 hour, 9 minutes ago
Sign up for ourfree newsletterand get a free chapterof our book,&He's NotThat Complicated&
follow a new modeGet Free Tips to Kick Ass in Business and Life
I just wrapped up a three day visit with my parents here in Los Angeles — we had sooo many laughs and good times.
One of the things I appreciate most about my mom, in particular, is how painfully direct she is.
“I don’t want to go on rides.” “I want that clam chowder — now.” “This show is boring. Let’s go.”
There’s no upset or drama. Just the simple truth of how she feels about any particular subject, in real time.
She’s a living demonstration of the phrase “give it to me straight.” While you may not always like what she has to say, you always know exactly where she stands.
Saying what you mean, directly and plainly, isn’t a skill that comes naturally for many of us.
Especially when it comes to having delicate conversations that involve both business and friendship.
Unfortunately, many of us pretend nothing is wrong (although we’re truly upset inside) or even worse…
Resort to passive aggressive tactics that leave everyone feeling frustrated and misunderstood.
In this brand new episode of MarieTV, learn four simple steps to being more direct with your colleagues and friends so you can tackle tough situations with grace and tact.
Now I’d love to hear from you.
Is there something you’ve been meaning to say to someone, but you haven’t been able to say it in a direct, yet kind, way?
If so, in the comments below use step three from above: Say What You Mean.
Write the “unedited version” of what you want to say (be straight – but respectful) and then write the “cleaned up” version underneath it, in the same comment.
Of course, if you have more to say on the topic of being direct with friends and business partners, I’d love to hear that too.
Thank you, as always, for reading, watching and sharing your experience with our community.
With love,
Diggin' this content? Sign up for updates&It's FREE!
Leave a Comment
Random Quote
Marie’s Most Loved
Most Popular
Find more posts in our
Join 370,000 others upping their business game every week.
You also might enjoyHow do you get a girl to like youUpdated on October 22, 2011WHO'S THAT GIRL
&How can you get a girl to like you? She is the girl of your dreams,every time you see her your heart skips a beat, every thought in your head is about her, you make small scenario's in your head, taking her out, walking hand in hand with her ,talking and laughing with her and even kissing her. The problem is that you don't even know her name,you have never even spoken to her,so how are you going to get her to like you?.There are no hard fast rules when it comes to getting someone to like you, you can try as hard as you like but no matter what everyone is different and everyone has different tastes,she may be the girl of your dreams but you might not even feature in hers. You can't force someone to like you nor can you buy affection from a person,a person will either like you or they wont.Get Her To Notice You TooThe first thing to do is to try and get her to notice you too,if you are passing her in the street smile as you pass and say hi,of course don't make a nuisance of yourself by walking past her every 2 minutes,just in passing, give it a couple of days of saying hi once or twice a day in passing and then the next time you pass pretend to notice something at the other side of the street just as you are passing and see if she says hi to you first.it sounds silly but if she says hi it means she has noticed you.Start a ConversationNow that you know that she has noticed you it's time to start a conversation with her.The next time you pass her on the street after she has initiated the hi, smile and say hi as per usual let her walk past then turn and say &excuse me& when she turns ask her a question pertaining to the street you are in i.e & Do you know where such and such shop is&?.after that try to get into a conversation.Ask Her OutAsking a girl out can go either of 2 ways she will either say yes or no, no doesn't mean yes but sometimes no can mean maybe,if the answer no is followed by &I can't tonight& or what ever night you chose to ask her out on, because &I have to be somewhere else&, is an opening to ask about a different night. but if she says &no im washing my hair that night& or something similar to that it means that she really isn't interested in going out with you and it is time to move on.Advice from a girl to help boys ask them outHow to ask a girl out. Dating advice for boys from a girl who knows.HubpagesYou to could write stories on hubpages and make a little extra money,sign up is free and it only takes about a minute
More in this Series69Do pickuplines really work,pickup line
funny pickup lines
cheesy pickup lines
best pickup lines
bad pickup lines
this page contains a list of the top 10 cheesiest pickup lines
248Asking a girl to go out with you should be easy, Why is it so
difficult?
Recommended Hubs
(jimmythejock)
0by preeti saw
0by Marvilla Pickens
0by Martha Montour
122by James Paterson
554by Jay Rando
0by Shawn Chong
Please rate this article using the scale below. The scale is from 1 to 10, where 10 is the best and 1 is the worst.
Copyright & 2015 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.HubPages& is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, eBay, Google, and others.
(1.73 sec)

我要回帖

更多关于 what does she mean 的文章

随机推荐