求译+析(One of the reasons in the sunthat made it cool for him)...

谁知道It was made of sticks.的翻译_百度作业帮
谁知道It was made of sticks.的翻译
谁知道It was made of sticks.的翻译
它是由枝条制成的.
What was it made of 它是用什么材料制造的? 它是什么制造的? 希望能帮到你 它是由什么做成的?
它是由枝条制成的
它之前是由枝条做成的。求高考英语疑难句翻译资料_百度知道
求高考英语疑难句翻译资料
如题,求高考英语疑难句翻译资料(要多一些)
谢1楼的,是要英语长句(难句)翻译的对照资料, 但我不是想要语法讲解资料;。抱歉不能给分了
提问者采纳
在那时,知识产权很容易受到保护,确切感受到装饰他们自己的房子中获得的经验.
实例..It is either reflected or absorbed by the gases in the upper atmosphere..The Internet.Intellectual property rights:The research said that .cannot be as effective as codeine
B:第一句主干结构为she felt like ,找不到时间照顾家庭.Shoppers may find themselves lost in the broad range of items,found in cocoa.Free downloading?
A,在他们当中: 69,who have just completed an art gallery for the city.He disliked his teachers、电影.There were too many subjects in his secondary school:刚刚为这座城市建成艺术画廊的约克姆和贝尔.
D,结果是好像防晒剂的使用者患皮肤癌更常见.E is______,而更多的女性则从事需要语言技能的工作,又有复杂主语.be more important than anyone else
D,男性做的是像狩猎这样的需要空间技能的工作?
A.:我们越忙,剩下的70%使地球的表面温暖.
C.There are now 300..It makes IP rights harder to protect。
A。然而。 either ,the + 比较级”的结构。
实例:大脑这些差异也解释了这样的事实.
简析:36: 53:句中有“The + 比较级,films。然而.seldom use sunscreen
B.His parents no longer supported him,and to be unable to find time to relax—this has become the model of a successful life。由于羞怯和觉得无地位的缘故,ending in the shopper giving up and walking away.Easy access to a wide range of everyday goods leads to a sense of powerlessness in many people,原因是她的六个兄弟和她的父亲都想控制她.To be unavailable to our friends and family.
C.(NMET 2008湖南卷B篇)
简析.The busier we are,we imagine。
译文,v-ing式作结果状语以及定语从句.As a result,他们可能认为是炎热的缘故..
7.It prevents the production of artwork,000名成员,这已经成为了成功生活的模式,还有一介词 + 关系代词(among whom)引导的定语从句,在其中又有一个that引导的定语从句,找不到自己放松的时间,并且它是世界上最大的青少年环保组织.
译文,in summer,can be downloaded today free of charge using the Internet.can be harmful to people’s health
C.Which of the following do you agree with according to the fourth paragraph。第三句主干结构为,because从句中有一个插入成份。这种现象也可以追溯到我们的祖先时代;第二个句子中有一个定语从句,books and artwork.This is what makes you slow down and feel sleepy.These brain differences also explain the fact that more men take up jobs that require good spatial skills。
译文,as well as her father.Only a small part of the Sun’s energy reaches the Earth’s surface because most of it is______:句子中含有两个定语从句?
4,she often felt like she had “seven fathers,what has “taken the world by storm”.
C.What can we learn about Poe、不知所措..(NMET 2008重庆卷E篇)
简析,其后的to her request for help为后置定语,or just buying an unsuitable item(商品) that is not really wanted.。
实例:夹杂定语从句和形式宾语结构,就是她拥有“七个父亲”.are more in danger of skin cancer
B.Our ancestors needed more spatial skills:Yocum and Bell feel that the experience has influenced their work.
(NMET 2008 四川卷C篇)
简析.Despite her love of reading,也就是说.Their study found that theobromine.It does not affect the way we understand IP rights,对我们自己而言。在到达低层大气的能量中,还有复杂的不定式结构.
B,“while coughing is not necessarily harmful(有害的) it can have a major effect on the quality of life and” this discovery could be a huge step forward in treating this problem.The weather becomes a lot warmer.
(NMET 2008 山东卷D篇)
简析,she retreated(躲避) into books。第一句的主体结构为,其中第一个that引导一个宾语从句.The remaining 70% warms the surface of the planet,including songs.,has influenced their work.
D。注意more women之后省去了与前半句中相同的take up jobs that require ,其疗效又比可卡因几乎高三分之一,a successful person is one who is believed to ____ ,v-ing式作定语,可是在小学她的成绩不佳.Feeling shy and unimportant。
译文.because ,they may think it is the heat:“这种发现可能在治咳史上向前迈了一大步”:63.
A.She donated billboard across the country,表语为among the problems with .can be free from the harm of the sun
D.、匆匆而去.According to paragraph 2.Their body temperature becomes lower:73.(NMET2008江西卷D篇)
简析,也就是说.However.People with fair skin and freckles______:第一句中包含一个that引导的同位语从句.,你的体温开始呈下降的趋势.be more talented than other people
C,真正的原因在于他们身体的内部,宾语从句中又含有一个倒装结构.Women may have stronger feelings than men。彼得&#8226.It has also given these architects a chance to show how they can make more out of less.
D,tried to control her,” said Professor Peter Barnes.) in 1989.
B。现在这个组织在全世界有300.
70.often expose themselves to the sun
12.)和状语(without paying .reflected by the gases in the upper atmosphere
C.Kids F,focusing on the inside rather than the outside.The endless choice gives birth to anxiety in people’s lives:73..
译文,她常常有一种感觉:这种发现可能有助于找到更有效的治咳方式.It’s cool for boys of his age not to care about studies,复杂主语.or连结的是并列结构.,把装饰的注意力放在房子的里面而不是外面对他们的工作产生了影响,宾语从句中有一过去分词短语found in cocoa作定语.Yocum and Bell,among whom women needed speech skills to take care of their babies and men needed spatial skills to hunt.A.She had seven brothers.&#47,films and books,a lot of IP.
B.a project of litter recycling
实例.People are likely to find themselves overcome by business persuasion.
A.a campaign launched by President Bush
D:59:来自太阳的大部分能量都不会到达地球的表面:44.absorbed by the clouds in the lower atmosphere
C,其中第二句中承前省略了主语kids FACE.(NMET 2008 辽宁卷C篇)
简析.She was too shy to go to school。同时这使这两位建筑师有了一次机会去展示他们是如何以较少的钱做更多的事,在你醒来大约八个小时之后。第二句中v-ing作状语表原因,the real reason lies inside their bodies,比如皮肤白皙和有雀斑的人。
实例,一个时间状语从句和一个what引导的表语从句.的一个主语从句.At that time —about eight hours after you wake up—your body temperature goes down.It may all go back to our ancestors(祖先),30% is reflected by clouds or the Earth’s surface.
(NMET2008全国 ll D篇)
译文,或者仅仅买了一件并非真正需要的不合适的商品.a program to help students with writing
B,according to one research.They may think that eating lunch is the cause of the sleepiness:第一个句子中有一个宾语从句.lost in the upper and lower atmosphere
译文.Why do more choices of goods give rise to anxiety:人们对她请求帮助的反应如此强烈以至于波建立了一个为了更洁净环境的孩子的组织。我们无空帮助朋友。主语的中心语为The response.(NMET 2008天津卷A篇)
简析.Which of the following is TRUE about Cisneros in her childhood?
6。买像咖啡壶这样最基本的东西也不是那么简单了.Companies and advertisers are often misleading about the range of choice:句中夹杂两个宾语从句,for example—are more likely to use sunscreen.
B.According to Professor Barnes.(NMET 2008 江苏卷B篇)
简析。尽管她酷爱读书?
A,她总是埋头苦读:第一句中夹杂有一个结果状语从句:作为家庭七个孩子中唯一的女孩:无穷尽的选择给人们的生活带来了无尽的烦恼,早期研究带来的问题之一是他们没有考虑到那些最有可能患皮肤癌人,000 members of Kids FACE worldwide and is the world’s largest youth environmental organization.She joined the National Park Service。
译文,还有一个非限制性定语从句:研究员们说.be able to work without stress
B:第一句的主体结构为.Much of the energy that comes from the Sun never reaches the Earth’s surface.More women take up jobs requiring speech skills
C:他们可能认为吃午饭是他们困乏的原因..What do we know about the Internet according to the passage。
实例,she did not do well in elementary school because she was too shy to participate,” because her six brothers,不关心自己的学习是一种酷的标志的原因之一是受到他的同龄人的影响.The response to her request for help was so huge that Poe established Kids For A Cleaner Environment (Kids F.used to evaporate water from the oceans and lakes
3.As the only girl in a family of seven children。破折号间内容为插入语.(NMET 2008福建卷E篇)
简析,面对触手可及的一系列的日常用品却感到眼花了乱.
B.Why do people feel sleepy in the early afternoon according to the text。
译文.,v-ing式作定语(including .A.
5。实例,现在许多知识产权包括歌曲。
实例.can be a more effective cure for coughs
2:对他来说:目前:更多的男性从事空间技能的工作。在因特网上公布了他们的研究成果的伦敦皇家大学的研究员们说道。
译文.:在那个时代.Professionals find it hard to decide on a suitable product.C.They sleep too little at night,while more women speech skills,女性做的是照看孩子这样的需要语言技能的工作,两个宾语从句(分别由that及how引导),feel that the experience from decoration of their building,其中主语为that they often ,有30%的能量被云层或地球的表面所反射,这种能量或者被上层大气中的气体反射或吸收.
A,我们越重要.One of the reasons that made it cool for him not to care was the power of his peer(同龄人) group.Of the energy that reaches the lower atmosphere,而且我们也以为在其他人看来.(NMET 2008湖北卷D篇)
9.is that they failed to ,可卡因是最佳的止咳药物.be busy working without time to rest
11:74:句中有since引导的原因状语从句。
实例.got inspiration from decorating their old building
D.benefited a lot from pulling down the roof
B.It can be inferred from the passage that Yocum and Bell______,to others.However.,据一项研究表明,第二句是由and并列的两个简单句.
The Imperial College London researchers who published their results online said the discovery could lead to more effective cough treatment.,the more important we seem to ourselves and.They eat too much for lunch。对许多人而言.The large number of songs,因为不付费想得到知识产权是很困难的;巴恩斯教授说道。可是皮肤白皙的和有雀斑的人最有可能使用防晒剂.because .C.
8。或者在夏天,这是解题的关键.She felt herself a nobody,v-ing式作主语:she didn’t ,theobromine______,it may appear that sunscreen users get cancer more often.It sells songs and films.Buying something as basic as a coffee pot is not exactly simple.(NMET 2008陕西卷E篇)
简析.a club of environmental protection
73。这就是使你行动迟缓并且感到困乏的原因、书籍和艺术品通过使用因特网都可以免费下载.In those days。
译文.turned more old buildings into art galleries
C:该句中有一个who引导的定语从句.cannot be separated from chocolate
D.She got positive responses for her efforts
D,可是他们的研究发现在可可粉中包含的可可碱.
A,句首内容为状语.The researchers said that among the problems with some earlier studies is that they often failed to take into account those people most at risk for skin cancer—people with fair skin and freckles(雀斑):句子中夹杂着固定短语: 60,was nearly a third more effective in stopping coughs than codeine。
实例,IP rights were easily protected since it was very difficult to obtain intellectual property without paying for it.Or...
A.Young boys may be stronger than young girls,which was considered the best cough medicine at present.Why did Tom give up studying.,结果是购物者只好放弃选择。
译文.According to Paragraph 4.E;using the Internet).She was awarded a prize in Brazil,因为她太害羞而不能积极地参与.She did not have any good teachers08年高考英语阅读长难句解析
提问者评价
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
高考英语的相关知识
其他3条回答
1. 您能举例讲一讲介词beyond的用法吗?
答:beyond一词是近年介词考查的热点。看看下面几个例句:
a. Beyond the mountains was the border territory. (beyond 在…另一边;越过…)
b. The disco went on beyond midnight. (beyond迟于…; 过了…以后)
c. Inflation has now risen beyond the level of 5%.(beyond超出…的范围; 非…所及)
d. Algebra was always beyond me.(be beyond sb. 对某人来说太难)
2. ______I haven’t had any success. ______, I’ll keep trying.
A. B However
C. A However
D. S However
答: 选D. so far迄今为止, 到目前为止. but是连词, however是副词. 这里要用表示转折意义的副词.
3. ---I usually go there by train...
Schooling and education The agents of education can range from a revered grandparents to the people debating politics on the radio,from a child to a distinguished scientist. 上学与教育 传播教育的媒介可以是令人尊敬的祖父祖母或在收音机(节目)里辩论政治的的人,也可以是孩子或杰出的科学家。
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁小题1:D小题2:A小题3:D小题4:C小题5:C小题6:D小题7:A小题8:A小题9:B小题10:C小题11:B小题12:D小题13:A小题14:A小题15:B小题16:C小题17:B小题18:C小题19:B小题20:D试题分析:本文讲述的是作者的母亲为了教育自己智力发展有障碍的儿子所作出的种种努力,在上下文中可以感受到作者对母亲深深的感激之情。小题1:D 上下文串联。根据文章最后一句become something可知D正确。Something重要人物。小题2:A 固定搭配。Put one’s mind to sth努力做某事;如果我努力,我能够做到的。小题3:D 副词辨析。A顺利地B强烈地C频繁地D容易地;我努力完成一些别的孩子很容易就完成的事情。小题4:C 形容词辨析。A平均的B普通的C正常的D常见的;我说话的复数和正常的孩子说话方式不一样。小题5:C 副词辨析。A/D仅仅B曾经C甚至;甚至在老师的帮助下我的阅读能力也很差。小题6:D 动词辨析。A听见B写C读D理解;我的发言很难理解,以上的叙述都说明我智力发展有问题。小题7:A 名词辨析。A水平B长度C速度D程度;我的写作也不是我应该达到的水平。小题8:A 名词辨析。A问题B借口C担心D责任;辨别左右弹手指对我来说都是难题。小题9:B 动词辨析。A遭受B观察C去除D容忍;妈妈观察到我的所有这些难题,决定要帮助我改变现状。小题10:C 动词辨析。A学习B发现C改变D保持;妈妈观察到我的所有这些难题,决定要帮助我改变现状。小题11:B 动词辨析。A战斗B挣扎C罢工D挑战;妈妈不想看着我在挣扎。小题12:D 动词辨析。A打断B打扰C使…害怕D困扰;我们解决了一些困扰我的问题。小题13:A 动词辨析。A教育B给予C支持D提醒;每天她花很多时间来教育我一些我应该知道的问题。小题14:A 上下文串联。如果没有我的妈妈,我就不会到我现在的水平。小题15:B 名词辨析。A信息B建议C诺言D期待;另外妈妈还给我一些生活的建议。小题16:C 连词辨析。她对我的期待值很高,因为她知道我能够做到。上下文存在着因果关系。小题17:B 短语辨析。A建立,成立B放弃C推动D查找;妈妈从来都没有放弃我。小题18:C 形容词辨析。A富有的B著名的C成功的D强大的;如果我继续接受她的领导,我会成为成功的人。小题19:B 名词辨析。A训练B分数C实验D能力;妈妈鼓励我为了得到高分而努力学习,最后进入大学。小题20:D 上下文串联。根据文章第二段内容可知妈妈是利用自己作为老师的天赋在教育着我。点评:本文讲述的是作者的母亲为了教育自己智力发展有障碍的儿子所作出的种种努力,在上下文中可以感受到作者对母亲深深的感激之情。本文主要是测试学生综合运用语言的能力,即从语篇的角度综合测试阅读理解能力、词汇的掌握和对英语习惯用语的熟悉程度、以及语法规则的灵活运用。考生做题时必须时刻从上下文考虑,不应该只看到所添的词在短语或句子内是否可行。因此,在做题时最好将全文通读一下,了解了全文的意思以后再作答。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
When I was a sixth grader, kids were separating into groups, but I wasn't sure where I belonged. Our teacher gave us a task called "secret friends" for the coming week.We were supposed to do nice things&& 1&&our friends without letting them know who was doing it.We could leave&& 2&&notes or cards either on their desks or in their backpacks.Before doing the task, with our eyes closed, from a basket, we&& 3&&a name of a classmate who we were to secretly befriend over the next five days. Soon, the task was turned into a competition of giving&& 4&&instead of notes.Everyone was getting cool presents except me.My friend followed the teacher's&& 5&&without a fault.I received nothing but handmade cards with nice words about me. On the last morning, I finally got a package.When I &&6&&it, the girls around all&& 7&.It was perfumed powder, an "old lady" gift.My face went red. I tried to forget about the&& 8&&gift, but when the same girls&& 9&&it again during the break in the bathroom, I joined in, "How stupid! My grandmother wouldn't &&10&&want it." The girls laughed at my &&11&&and filed out of the bathroom.Washing my hands, I let the water run through my fingers& 12&&&&I thought about my words.It wasn't&& 13&&like me to say things like that. "I'm your secret friend." It was Rochelle." I' m sorry about the gift," she whispered to me, tears &&14&&&down her face. From a poor family, she was a&& 15&&at school for those with rich parents.Yet she just took all the &&16&&and the horrible treatment silently. I was sick to my stomach as my&& 17&&words ran through my mind.She had heard everything.How could I have been so cruel? Later I learned she had felt bad all week about not being able to leave me any cool present and her mum had given up her only luxury(奢侈品) And I had &&18 &everything for her. I told her that I had only said those things to try to&& 19&&. "We aren't that different from each other, are we?" She smiled &&20&.Her simple words, spoken from her heart, found their way straight into mine.小题1:A.behindB.likeC.throughD.for小题2:A.convincingB.rewardingC.encouragingD.reminding小题3:A.draggedB.pickedC.foundD.drew小题4:A.chancesB.giftsC.hopeD.help小题5:A.guidanceB.admissionC.directionsD.patterns小题6:A.discoveredB.heldC.graspedD.opened小题7:A.blamedB.commented C.laughedD.shouted小题8:A.specialB.embarrassingC.worryingD.delicate小题9:A.mentionedB.suggestedC.showedD.saw小题10:A.justB.onlyC.evenD.ever小题11:A.remarksB.reactionsC.sufferingD.feeling小题12:A.ifB.becauseC.sinceD.as小题13:A.exactlyB.necessarilyC.normallyD.perfectly小题14:A.dashingB.streamingC.smoothingD.getting小题15:A.goalB.wonderC.centreD.target小题16:A.challengeB.ignoringC.teasingD.puzzle小题17:A.powerfulB.scaryC.tenseD.hurtful小题18:A.ruinedB.disturbedC.changedD.broken小题19:A.turn offB.fit inC.get inD.show off小题20:A.optimistically B.honestlyC.persuasivelyD.understandingly
The Pecan ThiefWhen I was six years old, I was visiting my grandfather's farm in Kansas. Grandpa had sent me into the &&36&&to gather pecans for us to enjoy later.Pecan picking was really &&37&&work and my little basket was only half full. I wasn't about to &&38&&Grandpa down. Just then something caught my &&39&&. A large brown squirrel was a few feet away.& I watched as he picked up a pecan, hurried to a tree and &&40&&in a large hole in the trunk. A moment later the squirrel &&41&&out and climbed down to the ground to pick up another nut. Once again, he took the pecan back to his hiding place.Not so &&42&&anymore, I thought. I dashed over to the tree and looked into the hole. It was &&43&&with pecans! Golden pecans were right there for taking. This was my &&44&. Handful by handful, I scooped all of those pecans into my basket. Now it was full! I was so &&45&&of myself. I couldn't wait to show Grandpa all the pecans. &&46&, I ran back and shouted, “Look at all the pecans!” He looked into the basket and said, “Well, well, how did you find so many ? ” I told him how I'd &&47&&the squirrel and taken the pecans from his hiding place.Grandpa congratulated me on how smart I'd been in observing the squirrel and his habits. Then he did something that &&48&&me. He handed the basket back to me and put his arm gently &&49&&my shoulders.“That squirrel worked very hard to gather his winter &&50&&of food, ” he said. “Now that all of his pecans are gone, don't you think that little squirrel will &&51&&the cold winter? ”“I didn't think about that,” I said.“I know, ” Grandpa said. “But a good man should never take &&52&&of someone else's hard work.”Suddenly I felt a bit &&53&. The image of the starving squirrel wouldn't &&54&&my mind. There was only one thing I could do. I carried the basket back to the tree and poured all the nuts into the hole.I didn't eat any pecans that night, but I had something much more filling—the &&55&&of knowing I had done just the right thing.小题1:A.woodsB.roomsC.holesD.roads小题2:A.dirtyB.hardC.lightD.easy小题3:A.settleB.letC.haveD.keep小题4:A.sweaterB.basketC.handD.eye小题5:A.joinedB.livedC.disappeared D.discovered小题6:A.heldB.jumpedC.stoodD.found小题7:A.secretB.strangeC.anxiousD.patient小题8:A.filledB.coveredC.rebuiltD.decorated小题9:A.timeB.choiceC.achievementD.chance小题10:A.afraidB.ashamedC.proudD.careful小题11:A.OtherwiseB.HoweverC.ThereforeD.Besides小题12:A.followedB.drivenC.protectedD.caught小题13:A.annoyedB.satisfiedC.delightedD.surprised小题14:A.offB.besideC.aroundD.over小题15:A.costB.supplyC.supportD.preparation小题16:A.escapeB.spendC.fleeD.survive小题17:A.placeB.noticeC.chargeD.advantage小题18:A.unconfidentB.guiltyC.embarrassedD.nervous小题19:A.leaveB.openC.crossD.occupy小题20:A.inspirationB.expectationC.satisfactionD.impression
Sam’s uncle had an old bird which sat in its cage all day. One day his uncle said, “It is too expensive to &1&&that bird. We will get rid of it.” But Sam wanted to &&2 &&the bird.
Sam’s grandfather told him that the bird was once a famous &3 &&bird. Now &4& people knew it. His grandfather took the bird out, and then quickly took his arms away.& The bird opened its huge &&5&&and flew into the sky. After a few minutes, it &6&&with a small rabbit, cut it open and started to &&7&&it. The next morning, Sam asked his uncle out. Sam did 8 &&his grandfather had done, but the bird &9&&to the ground and stood still. Sam’s uncle 10&. Later his grandfather told him that the bird only hunted in late afternoon when light was less &&11 &. Sam asked his uncle to come out before &&12&. This time the bird caught a mouse. His uncle was quiet with &&13 &, but laughed again, “We can’t eat mice, so this bird is &&14 &.” And he sold the bird without telling Sam.Before Sam found the bird was &15 &, two angry men arrived in a car. They 16 &&his uncle and said, the bird couldn’t hunt and they wanted their money back. Sam’s uncle looked&17&&and said, “I have spent it. But… don’t worry!” He 18&&at Sam, “Sam will show you 19 &&to make the bird hunt! It’s a great bird, isn’t it, Sam?” Sam opened the door of the car and took out the &20 &. It flew away and disappeared forever.小题1:A.feedB.buyC.washD.sell小题2:A.knowB.findC.keepD.buy小题3:A.singingB.sleepingC.eatingD.hunting小题4:A.someB.noC.manyD.few小题5:A.mouthB.wingsC.tailD.eyes小题6:A.dealtB.returnedC.metD.parted小题7:A.watchB.searchC.eatD.help小题8:A.asB.forC.sinceD.after小题9:A.fellB.roseC.walkedD.ran小题10:A.shoutedB.criedC.laughedD.nodded小题11:A.attractiveB.pleasantC.poorD.strong小题12:A.bedB.supperC.lunchD.breakfast小题13:A.patienceB.surpriseC.joyD.sadness小题14:A.harmfulB.strangeC.cheapD.useless小题15:A.leavingB.goneC.dyingD.cooked小题16:A.shouted atB.smiled atC.looked afterD.took after小题17:A.impressedB.worriedC.satisfiedD.bored小题18:A.wavedB.pointedC.aimedD.jumped小题19:A.whatB.whyC.whereD.how小题20:A.moneyB.coatC.birdD.everything
My husband has always had a huge affection for older people and has helped out several elderly friends in the past. Mr. Dave &&16 &&the same lake as my husband John for over 15 years.A friendship &&17&&but when Mrs. Dave died five years ago, it left Mr. Dave &&18 &. So John took Mr. Dave fishing with him every time he went. Mr. Dave was very &&19&&for 80 years old and never tired of being with John.A few years later Mr. Dave had a stroke(中风)that paralyzed(麻痹)his right side.He lost his speech and was &&20&&a nursing home. Restricted to his bed and unable to& 21&, Mr. Dave began to suffer from &&22&.This almost broke John’s heart. He finally got &&23&&from the nursing home to take Mr. Dave out for a ride.They were both &&24 &&to be together again but it was very painful for Mr. Dave to be &&25&&into John’s truck. Because he was paralyzed on one side. The &&26&&of that side pulled heavily on his good side.John had gotten his truck a year earlier, a real cowboy Cadillac, &&27&&was the truck of his dreams. But one day he &&28&&it so he could buy a van(厢式货车)that was& 29&&for a wheelchair. The van isn’t sporty or fast but it surely &&30&&Mr. Dave’s pain on their outings. John has made a &&31&&fishing rod that Mr. Dave can use, &&32&&they still go fishing together. Even though Mr. Dave can’t &&33&, he has led the nursing home staff to believe John is his son. I don’t know anyone who would &&34&&their prized possession to help a friend. I hope he can be an example for others to take similar steps to &&35 &&those who are in need.小题1:A.swam B.played C.fished D.visited小题2:A.destroyed B.developed C.disappearedD.increased小题3:A.disabled B.sleepless C.homeless D.alone小题4:A.happy B.energetic C.proud D.powerful小题5:A.put into B.kept away C.locked in D.picked up小题6:A.sleep B.communicate C.eat D.think小题7:A.weakness B.starvation C.depression D.pressure小题8:A.donation B.support C.mercy D.permission小题9:A.sad B.excited C.desperate D.lucky小题10:A.lifted B.invited C.led D.pushed小题11:A.pain B.flesh C.strength D.weight小题12:A.that B.which C.what D.it小题13:A.fixed B.repaired C.remade D.sold小题14:A.created B.equipped C.changed D.decorated小题15:A.overcomes B.removes C.reduces D.relaxes小题16:A.expensive B.beautiful C.strong D.special小题17:A.but B.or C.so D.and小题18:A.walk B.talk C.escape D.hear小题19:A.give up B.put away C.hand in D.keep off小题20:A.impress B.help C.cure D.comfort
Soon it would be the holidays, but before that, there were year exams. All the &&&&in the school had been working hard for some time, reviewing their lessons for the exams. If they didn’t &&&, they would have to retake(重考) them in September. There were usually a few who &&&, but Jane didn’t want to be one of them. She had worked hard all year, &&&&just before the exams she was working so hard that her sister Barbara was &&&&about her. She went to bed too &&&. The night before the first exam, Barbara &&&&that she have an early night and take a &&&&pill. She promised to wake &&&&up in the morning.As she was falling asleep, Jane was afraid that she might oversleep. Her &&&&kept jumping from subject to subject. At last, with the help of &&&, she went to sleep. In no time at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the examination &&&, but she couldn’t answer any of the questions. &&&&around her was writing pages and pages. &&&&she thought hard, she couldn’t find anything to write &&&. She kept looking at her &&&. Time was running out. There was only an hour to go. She started one question, wrote two sentences, &&&&and tried another one. With only half an hour left, she wrote another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started &&&. Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she &&&&up. She was still in bed and it had all been a &&&&dream. A minute later, Barbara called her name.小题1:A.teachersB.studentsC.classmatesD.poets小题2:A.prepareB.missC.gainD.pass小题3:A.succeededB.failedC.endedD.harvested小题4:A.butB.soC.andD.because小题5:A.excitedB.frightenedC.worriedD.satisfied小题6:A.earlyB.lateC.sadlyD.eagerly小题7:A.insistedB.admiredC.orderedD.wished小题8:A.sleepingB.starvingC.excitingD.breathing小题9:A.himB.herC.themD.herself小题10:A.handB.eyeC.mindD.body小题11:A.her sisterB.her parentsC.the lessonsD.the medicine小题12:A.resultB.marksC.deskD.paper小题13:A.The teacherB.The studentsC.No oneD.Everyone小题14:A.IfB.ThoughC.SoD.How小题15:A.withB.aboutC.onD.to小题16:A.watchB.textbookC.sisterD.subject小题17:A.gave upB.put offC.look aroundD.thought over小题18:A.examiningB.drowningC.copyingD.crying小题19:A.raisedB.wokeC.turnedD.cheered小题20:A.niceB.wonderfulC.terribleD.special
Directions:For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A., B, C and D. Fill in each blank with a word or phrase that best fits the context.Girls are born to imagine, particularly those at the age of seventeen or eighteen. &&小题1:&&, I was one of them and sometimes I would go to extremes. I mean I tended to imagine too much. That was exactly what happened this time, &&&小题2:&&&me great embarrassment.I was waiting for my train home at the station when a boy&&小题3:&&at my side. His beautifully-curved face, his fashionable clothing and everything else about him, was so&&小题4:&&that I just couldn’t help looking at him. &What was more exciting was that , he was also stealing some&&小题5:&&&at me, which made me blush(脸红) to the ends of my ears! Still, I tried to be calm and &&&小题6:&&that nothing had happened. However, once again when our eyes met, I could hear my heart beating. I lowered my head to escape his eyes, but my thoroughly red face had made&&&小题7:&&&known .To my pleasant surprise, my imagination came true this time, as the handsome guy was drawing near! “Oh, please! Don’t&&&小题8:&&&.” Look at me. I am so sweaty and sloppy(不整洁的). Please don’t ask for my telephone number. You know I will give it to you without&&小题9:&&&, and that is so unladylike.I was still struggling when he stood right in front of me. “Excuse me…” he said with a slight hesitation. His voice was so nice, but I wish I had not &&小题10:&&it. “I am sorry, but could you please give me my &&小题11:&&back? Yours is over there.” Oh my God! Nothing could have been more &&小题12:&&&when I handed his bag back to him, as shame almost brought me to tears.From that , I drew a big lesson: never imagine too much if someone just gives you a few glances. 小题13:A.GenerallyB.FinallyC.UndoubtedlyD.Recently小题14:A.causingB.leadingC.takingD.helping小题15:A.made upB.grew upC.turned upD.rose up小题16:A.attractiveB.gentleC.uglyD.rude小题17:A.opinionsB.soundsC.smilesD.glances小题18:A.knewB.pretende C.performedD.acted小题19:A.nothingB.everythingC.anythingD.none小题20:A.arriveB.shoutC.approachD.stand小题21:A.hesitationB.concernC.wordsD.enthusiasm小题22:A.heardB.seenC.smeltD.found小题23:A.luggageB.bagC.cupD.glasses小题24:A.embarrassingB.wonderfulC.sorrowfulD.disappointing
Dine with General St. AmourGeneral St. Amour was famous for his bravery, but he was born into the family of a poor peasant. Even when he became a general, he never &&小题1:&&his humble origin(卑微的出身).&While his &&小题2:&&was stationed in his hometown, he invited some of his principal officers to a dinner party at a &&小题3:&. They had just sat down at the table when his father &&小题4:&&to drop in on him. When the guard &&小题5:&&it to the general, he &&小题6:&&rose and told his guests that his father had &&小题7:&.He said that he knew the &&小题8:&&he owed to them, but at the same time he hoped they would& excuse him &&小题9:&&he withdrew (退出) because he would like to &&小题10:&&with his father in another room.Hearing what he said, all the guests present &&小题11:&&that the father should be introduced to them, 小题12:&&that they would be very pleased to see one who was so closely &&小题13:&&to him. But to their&小题14:&, General St. Amour replied, “Ah, no, gentleman. You are &&小题15:&&wrong. I mean my father would find himself so &&小题16:&&in company with so many people who are unsuited to his rank. &&小题17:&, it would deprive(剥夺) us both of the only pleasure of the &&小题18:&&——the natural intercourse(交流) of a parent and his son.”He then &&小题19:&&himself from the table and spent the evening dining with his father.The moral of the story is: you can’t give people &&小题20:&, but you can provide the kind of understanding that makes people keep their pride.小题21:A.forgotB.knewC.mindedD.cared小题22:A.familyB.armyC.companyD.organization小题23:A.parkB.schoolC.restaurantD.cinema小题24:A.agreedB.promisedC.decidedD.happened小题25:A.explainedB.whisperedC.reportedD.shouted小题26:A.stronglyB.immediatelyC.simplyD.suddenly小题27:A.resignedB.startedC.leftD.arrived小题28:A.respectB.understandingC.supportD.love小题29:A.beforeB.untilC.ifD.unless小题30:A.chatB.dineC.walkD.dance小题31:A.demandedB.commandedC.stressedD.requested小题32:A.sayingB.complainingC.admittingD.reminding小题33:A.usedB.opposedC.relatedD.devoted小题34:A.joyB.disappointmentC.excitementD.surprise小题35:A.terriblyB.completelyC.slightlyD.partly小题36:A.embarrassedB.frightenedC.disturbedD.disappointed小题37:A.Above allB.After allC.In additionD.In time小题38:A.partyB.interviewC.appointmentD.discussion小题39:A.defendedB.allowedC.introducedD.excused小题40:A.timeB.moneyC.prideD.confidence
Years ago I had the opportunity to meet a girl who strengthened my understanding of the power of belief. She was __36___ the most powerful person I had ever met. I met Chris for the first time while taking the Dale Carnegie __37___ in California. Our class had already been going for quite some time when ___38___, supported by metal crutches(拐杖), ___39__ herself in. Chris had cerebral palsy(大脑性麻痹). She had much ___40___ in communicating with others. This was not because of ___41___ of desire, but because most of her twenty-one years of life she had been kept in a room with no more than Elvis records and tapes to __42___ her. No one had taken the time to help her develop the ability to ___43___. It was Bonnie, her present caretaker, who ___44___ there was much more to Chris than anyone else could see.
When asked by the instructor what her goal ___45___ the twelve-week course was, Chris struggled to respond and became impatient and ____46___ in the process. For most of her ___47___ nobody would listen to her. The only way she knew to get someone to ___48___ was through temper outbursts(发脾气). With Bonnie as her interpreter, Chris conveyed that her ___49___ was to be able to stand by herself in front of forty-five people and tell us about herself. On the twelfth week, Chris stood in front of the room and ___50___ with us, in her own words, what her life had been like. It was one of the most beautiful and enlightening experiences I had ever ___51____. Though as a girl who had in many ways been ____52___, she believed that she could ___53___ more in her life and she did. And she also had the love and support of forty-five friends, who, just weeks before, had been ____54___ strangers. What we all witnessed through Chris’ courage is that life is ____55___ moment by moment, based on our beliefs, which are related to both our personal and professional direction and have the power to make our wildest dreams come true.小题1:A.luckilyB.probablyC.formallyD.naturally小题2:A.breakB.chanceC.houseD.course小题3:A.someoneB.heC.herselfD.she小题4:A.ranB.rushedC.draggedD.jumped小题5:A.difficultyB.conceptC.disagreementD.suggestion小题6:A.lackB.needC.noticeD.cheer小题7:A.impressB.annoyC.calmD.entertain小题8:A.walkB.pronounceC.communicateD.write小题9:A.knewB.askedC.spokeD.required小题10:A.atB.forC.onD.in小题11:A.angryB.surprisedC.gratefulD.noisy小题12:A.wayB.life C.operationD.process小题13:A.watchB.smileC.listenD.understand小题14:A.classB.goalC.abilityD.reason小题15:A.beganB.agreedC.foundD.shared小题16:A.arguedB.attendedC.witnessedD.accepted小题17:A.found outB.thrown awayC.brought upD.held out小题18:A.giveB.spendC.accomplishD.accompany小题19:A.completeB.necessaryC.enoughD.typical小题20:A.calledB.carriedC.searchedD.created

我要回帖

更多关于 reasons in the sun 的文章

随机推荐