新托福听力真题 四级真题听力原文文

TPO 12 Lecture 3 Music history  Narrator  Listen to part of a lecture in a music history class. The professor has been  discussing Opera.   Professor  The word opera means work, actually it means works. It’s the plural of the word  opus from the Latin. And in Italian it refers in general to works of art. Opera  Lyric or lyric of opera refers to what we think of as opera, the musical drama.  Opera was commonplace in Italy for almost thousands of years before it  became commercial as a venture. And during those years, several things  happened primarily linguistic or thematic and both involving secularization.  Musical drama started in the churches. It was an educational tool. It was used  primarily as a vehicle for teaching religion and was generally presented in the  Latin, the language of the Christian Church which had considerable influence  in Italy at that time. But the language of everyday life was evolving in Europe  and at a certain point in the middle ages it was really only merchants, Socratics  and clergy who can deal with Latin. The vast majority of the population used   their own regional vernacular in all aspects to their lives. And so in what is now  Italy, operas quit being presented in Latin and started being presented in  Italian. And once that happened, the themes of the opera presentations also  started to change. And musical drama moved from the church to the plaza right  outside the church. And the themes again, the themes changed. And opera  was no longer about teaching religion as it was about satire and about  expressing the ideas of society your government without committing yourself  to writing and risking imprisonment or persecution, or what have you.  Opera, as we think of it, is of course a rather restive form. It is the melodious  drama of ancient Greek theater, the term ‘melodious drama’ being shortened  eventually to ‘melodrama’ because operas frequently are melodramatic, not to  say unrealistic. And the group that put the first operas together that we have  today even, were, they were…well…it was a group of men that included Gallo  Leo’s father Venchesil, and they met in Florence he and a group of friends of  the counts of the party and they formed what is called the Camarola Dayir  Bardy. And they took classical theater and reproduced it in the Renaissance’s  time. This…uh…this produced some of the operas that we have today.  Now what happened in the following centuries is very simple. Opera originated  in Italy but was not confined to Italy any more than the Italians were. And so as  the Italians migrated across Europe, they carried theater with them and opera  specifically because it was an Italian form. What happened is that the major  divide in opera that endures today took place. The French said opera  auto-reflect the rhythm and Kevin of dramatic literature, bearing in mind that  we are talking about the golden age in French literature. And so the music was  secondary, if you will, to the dramatic Kevin of language, to the way the rhythm  of language was used to express feeling and used to add drama and of course  as a result instead of arias or solos, which would come to dominated Italian  opera. The French relied on that what is the Italian called French Word 1 or  French Word 2 in English. The lyrics were spoken, frequently to the  accomp**nt of a harpsichord.  The French said you really cannot talk about real people who lived in opera  and they relied on mythology to give them their characters and their plots,  mythology, the past old traditions, the novels of chivalry or the epics of chivalry  out of the middle Ages. The Italian said, no this is a great historical tool and  what a better way to educate the public about Neo or Attalla or any number of  people than to put them into a play they can see and listen to. The English  appropriated opera after the French. Opera came late to England because all   theaters, public theaters were closed, of course, during their civil war. And it  wasn’t until the restoration in 1660 that public theaters again opened and  opera took off. The English made a major adjustment to opera and exported  what they had done to opera back to Italy. So that you have this circle of  musical influences, the Italians invented opera, the French adapted it, the  English adopted it, and the Italians took it back.  It came to America late and was considered to elites for the general public. But  Broadway musicals fulfilled a similar function for a great long while. George  Champon wrote about opera, “If an extraterrestrial being or two appear before  us and say, what is your society like, what is this Earth thing all about, you  could do worse than take that creature to an opera.” Because opera does, after  all, begin with a man and a woman and any motion
  |||
共1491人参考
共918人参考
共9250人参考
共4435人参考
共298人参考
共224人参考
共219人参考
共628人参考
共24人参考
共24人参考
共56人参考
共27人参考
精彩视频新东方在线托福培训123456
考试答疑微信
版权所有 深圳市诺达实业有限公司 &
All Rights Reserved 粤ICP备号-3┊┊┊┊┊┊
您现在的位置: &&
&& &&&&文章内容
快捷导航:
2000年5月托福听力考试真题原文
来源:考试大&&&&&【考试大,有你,也有我!】&&日
1&woman:i’m&not&swimming&in&the&lake&unless&it&warms&up&outside&today.& man:me&neither.unfortunately&I&think&it’s&supposed&to&stay&as&cold&all&day.& Q:What&can&be&inferred&about&the&speakers?& 2&man:that&sweater&is&so&unusual,and&yet&it&looks&familiar.Did&I&just&see&& you&& wearing&it&yesterday?& woman:well,not&me.but...see,it&belongs&to&my&roommate&Jill,and&she&is&in&& your&chemistry&class.& Q:What&does&the&woman&imply?& 3&woman:this&toothache&is&killing&me!&i&was&hoping&it&would&just&go&away&& but&it’s&getting&worse&by&the&minute.&what&did&you&say&the&name&of&your&& dentise&was?& man:i&told&you&last&week&to&make&that&appointment.& Q:what&does&the&man&imply?& 4&man:you&wanna&go&to&a&lecture&tonight&over&int&he&science&auditorium?it’s&& some&guy&who&spent&a&year&living&in&antarctica.& woman:no&kidding!i’m&doing&a&report&on&Antarctica&for&my&geography&& class.maybe&i&can&get&some&good&information&to&add&to&it.& Q:what&does&the&woman&mean?& 5&woman:i’d&really&like&to&learn&how&to&play&chess,&but&it&looks&so&& complicated.it&seems&like&it&will&take&a&really&long&time&to&learn.& man:well,it&takes&a&long&time&to&get&good&at&it.but&we&can&go&over&the&& basics&the&afternoon&if&you&want.& Q:what&does&the&man&imply?& 6&man:d&you&think&u&can&lend&me&that&novel&when&you&are&finished&with&it?& I’ve&benn&looking&all&over&for&a&copy,but&apparently&it&sold&out&at&all&the&& bookstores.& woman:oh,it’s&not&mine.it&belongs&to&Alive.but&i’ll&see&what&she&says.& Q:what&will&hte&woman&problaly&do?& 7&woman:umm...are&you&going&to&try&some&of&this&chocolate&pudding?it’s&& incredible.& man:well,&to&be&honest&with&you,i’ve&never&been&a&big&fan&of&chocolate.& Q:what&does&the&man&imply?& 8&woman:&why&don’t&we&go&catch&the&new&Italian&film&at&the&Pin&Street&& cinema?& man:that’s&a&little&out&of&the&way,don’t&u&think?it’s&playing&just&up&the&& street&of&the&Grow&of&Two,you&know.& Q:what&does&the&man&suggest&they&do?& 9&woman:hi,i&know&Doctor&Wilson’s&out&of&town&at&a&conference,but&i&was&& wondering...um...since&she&won’t&be&back&till&next&week,if&u...if&u&could&& check&in&your&computer&records&"n"(and)&find&out&how&i&did&on&her&mid-term&& exam?& man:i’m&sorry,miss.but&i’m&not&authorized&to&give&out&that&kind&of&& information.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 10&man:you&wouldn’t&believe&the&line&at&the&auto&inspection&center.i&waited&& more&than&two&hours&to&get&through&it.& woman:that’s&what&u&get&for&waiting&until&the&last&day&of&the&month.& Q:what&does&the&woman&imply?& 11&woman:&you&know,&i’ll&be&conducting&my&psychololgy&experiment&this&Sat.&& and&i’m&going&to&have&my&hands&full.so&i&was&sondering&if&you&could&help&& me.maybe&you&could&register&the&subjects&and&ask&’em(them)&a&few&questions&& as&they&come&in.& man:i’ve&got&some&work&of&my&own&to&do.but&i&guess&i&can&make&some&& time.just&let&me&know&what&i’m&supposed&to&do.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 12&woman:&did&you&ever&get&around&to&cashing&that&refund&check&from&the&& bookstore?& man:oh,gosh!you&konw&what,i&must’ve&misplaced&that&in&my&desk&somewhere.&& but&thanks&for&reminding&me.my&funds&are&running&low,so&i’d&better&idn&it&& soon.& Q:what&will&the&man&probably&do?& 13&woman:&it&sounds&like&Kare&isn’t&happy&at&allwith&her&new&roommate.did&& she&say&why?& man:believe&me,i&tried&to&find&out.but&i&simply&couldn’t&pin&her&down.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 14&woman:oh,Professor&Jackson,I&was&wondering...but&uh...well,if&uh...if&i&& had&a&chance&yet&to&uh...lookat&my&thesis&proposal?& man:well,i&know&you&gave&it&to&me&over&a&week&ago,but&to&be&honest,i&have&& been&swamped&with&other&things.& Q:what&does&the&professor&imply?& 15&woman:that’s&a&shame&about&your&car.talk&about&bad&timing!& man:yeah.and&just&a&few&months&ago&i&put&400&dollars&into&it&and&i&hoped&it&& would&make&it&through&another&year.& Q:what&can&be&inferred&about&the&man’s&car?& 16&man:this&stew&is&delicious.i’d&love&to&be&able&to&make&it&myself& woman:&why&not?&you&can&get&all&the&ingredients&at&any&supermarket.here,let&& me&get&a&pencil&and&paper.& Q:what&will&te&woman&probably&do&next?& 17&woman:so&how&was&the&dramma&club’s&new&production&last&night?&did&i&miss&& out&on&anything&good?& man:hardly,i&kept&looking&at&my&watch&the&whole&time.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 18&woman:i&feel&you&haven’t&gotten&that&program&to&run&on&your&computer&& yet.want&me&go&over&the&instruction&manual&with&you?& man:that&would&be&great.&you&need&a&Ph.D.&to&understand&it.& Q:What&can&be&inferred&about&the&man?& 19&woman:how&do&i&get&one&of&those&green&buckets&everyone&here&puts&out&of&& the&curb&ofr&paper&recycling?& man:oh,just&call&up&the&sanitation&department,the’ll&deliver&a&bucket&at&no&& charge.& Q:what&does&the&man&suggest&the&woman&do?& 20&man:there’s&nothing&i&like&better&to&get&me&started&in&the&morning&than&& a&big&breakfast,eggs,bacon,homefried&potatoes...& woman:not&me!all&that&fatty&food&will&give&me&a&stomachache.i&prefer&& something&light,like&fruit&or&a&yogurt.& Q:what&does&the&woman&mean?& 21&woman:what’s&the&problem,paul?you&really&look&panicked.& man:i&am&speaking&to&a&group&of&high&school&students&about&engineering&this&& afternoon.but&i&have&no&idea&how&i&am&going&to&simplify&some&of&the&& soncepts&for&them.& Q:what&can&be&infeered&about&the&man?& 22&woman:well,&i&am&never&doing&this&again!seven&courses&in&one&semester&is&& just&too&much.i&don’t&have&a&minute&to&myself!& man:wlel&i&hate&to&say&this,but&...i&told&you&so.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 23&woman:do&you&think&we&can&use&your&pickup&truck&to&take&the&telescopes&& out&to&the&field&again&this&weekend?& man:to&be&honest,i’ve&got&a&lot&of&dents&in&my&truck&from&the&last&field&& trip.maybe&someone&else&can&help&out&this&time.& Q:what&does&the&man&imply?& 24&man:d&you&think&Dr.Luby&will&lead&a&theater&trip&to&Broadway&in&New&York&& City&again&this&year?& woman:i&don’t&think&so.&i&know&so!and&i’ve&already&signed&up&for&it.& Q:what&does&the&woman&mean?& 25&woman:tomorrow&we&are&having&our&first&test&in&my&history&class.i’m&& really&worried&about&it.you’ve&taken&one&of&Dr.Parker’s&tests,haven’t&u?i&& hear&they’re&impossilbe&to&pass.& man:i&don’t&know&who&you’ve&been&talking&to.my&experience&was&just&the&& opposite.& Q:what&does&the&man&imply?& 26&man:i&haven’t&turned&on&my&air-ocnditioner&at&all&this&summer.& woman:that’s&surprising,considering&how&hot&it’s&been&lately.& Q:what&does&the&woman&find&surprising?& 27&woman:hey,congratulations&on&winning&the&essay&contest.that&thousand-& dollar&prize&money&should&really&come&in&handy.& man:you&bet!i’ve&already&put&it&aside&to&cover&the&increase&my&landlord&& just&announced&for&next&year.& Q:what&does&the&man&mean?& 28&woman:you&know,we&never&went&over&chapter&16&in&class.&what&do&you&think&& the&odds&are&that&Dr.&Bomb&will&include&it&ont&he&test?& man:he’s&been&long&to&do&things&like&that.&so&i&wouldn’t&put&it&past&him& Q:what&does&the&man&say&about&Dr.Bomb?&
来源:考试大-
责编:虫&&&
&233网校:
暂无跟贴,欢迎您发表意见
考试大托福考试一周评论排行
1.&&评论5290条
2.&&评论197条
3.&&评论109条
4.&&评论22条
5.&&评论17条
6.&&评论15条
主讲:童彤
12345678910 以下是为大家分享的------------四个基本背景资料助跑新托福听力!...
托福听力一共多少题,托福考试中听力和口语是中国考生的短板,但是要想读一所好的大学托福听力成绩也是不能低。...
听力水平无疑是新托福成功与否的关键,除阅读外,无论哪一部分都离不开“听”。对于中国考生来说,听力却正是薄弱环节。...
新托福听力题型及官方建议,托福听力中,除了传统的单项选择外,还有一下题型:多项选择题、排序题等!...
对话或讲座是托福听力考试材料的主要形式,不同话题的对话或讲座也有不同的出题方式。下面详细介绍一下新托福听力考试有几种出题方式及怎么出题,希望能帮大家更加透彻的理解...
托福考试时间是几点到几点?对于考生来说,是特别关心托福考试时间的,我报考了2014年的托福考试,具体考试时间是几点开始到几点结束呢?下面小编将为大家详细介绍下托福考试时间...
要想获得托福听力高分,积累一定的词汇量是必须的。在复习托福考试时,Delta是很多考生的备考资料。而且其中部分出现的生词也很有可能出现在托福实战中。...
听力水平无疑是新托福成功与否的关键,除阅读外,无论哪一部分都离不开“听”。对于中国考生来说,听力却正是薄弱环节。...
托福听力一共多少题,托福考试中听力和口语是中国考生的短板,但是要想读一所好的大学托福听力成绩也是不能低。...
 为了让考生对托福听力考试有一个大致的了解,我们先从录音材料类型、题量与考试时间、答题方式和放音器材四个方面为考生进行简要介绍。...
以下是一篇托福听力经典加试及答案——学生丢ID和饭卡!...
托福考试中的听力部分,是新托福的非常重要的一部分,但托福听力部分开始是很难掌控的,之前接触不多到如此模式的听力,所以很难集中注意力,托福听力题如果遇到稍微专业点的...
在托福听力考试中,频繁出现与美国教育体制有关的内容。以下是小编为同学们整理的托福听力背景材料:美国教育体制,供大家参考,希望能对大家有所帮助。...
  IBT推断题通常出现在听力部分的2个长对话和4个演讲中,每个长对话一般包含一个推断题,而每个演讲中也又可能包含一个推断题,所以推断题在整个听力部分的总数在2至4个左右。...
  可别小看这一点。大家都知道,一个人在听力水平不好时,总觉得是录音材料效果不好,声音听不清,所以习惯性地把声音调得很大。...
热门资料下载
主讲人:管丽君
帮助广大DIY申请者轻松且高效地开始自己的留学申请之路&
主讲人:荆莹
托福听力&阅读满分得主向大家分享托福阅读满分备考经验&
主讲人:李刚
美国名校留学的权威专家帮助你开始理性留学第一课&
主讲人:张璐丹
她放弃了专业排名更高的Emory,和更有名气的南加大,选择了塔夫茨&
主讲人:管丽君
解析文书素材挖掘和选择&加州系统文书破题&
2014托福考试时间