Part 2: Immigration forms
&November&2015
&August&2014
&December&2012
&September&2013
&August 2013
&September 2015
Part 3: Information guides
Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below.
Includes instructions:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia,
Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary,
Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia,
Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San
Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
United Kingdom and Vatican City
Includes instructions for:
Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania,
Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia and Ukraine
People’s Republic of China, Special Administrative Region of
Hong Kong and Special Administrative Region of Macau
India, Bhutan and Nepal
Philippines
Australia, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Cook Islands, Federated
States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia,
Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue,
Palau, Papua-New Guinea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Timor-Leste,
Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam
Bangladesh, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea,
Maldives, Mongolia, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Taiwan
Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,
Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama,
Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela
Antigua and Barbuda,
Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada,
Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint
Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago
United States of America, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Saint-Pierre
and Miquelon
Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan,
Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia,
Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates,
Uzbekistan, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon,
Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Union of the Comoros,
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea,
Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory
Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali,
Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo,
Rwanda, Sao Tome & and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra
Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia,
Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
Use the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) form and the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). You can fill them out and save them using a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher. You must also turn JavaScript on.
Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select &Save Target As&&
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 form
Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
Print, sign and date the form.
For best results:
print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
use a laser printer.
Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Other forms:
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
You must include the fee with your application. .
Mail your completed application to the .
How-to video
Find out if you are eligible
Living in Canada tool
Government of Canada activities and initiativesInstitute of Financial Accountants
IFA Centenary
In September 2016, the IFA will be celebrating 100 years.
More information to come about our Centenary event.
IPA and IFA
The world's largest SME-focused accountancy organisation
SMEs & SMPs
IFA commands influence.
Speaking on behalf of small business.
International
IFA operates globally, promoting excellence in financial management.
IFA shares expertise advancing professional business competence.
IFA sparks talent. Nurturing aspiring students to sought-after professionals.
IFA membership
IFA events
IFA qualificationsHow to Claim a Qualifying Relative as a Dependent
What Is a Qualifying Relative?
A Qualifying Relative is a person who meets the IRS requirements to be your
for tax purposes. If someone is your Qualifying Relative, then you can claim them as a dependent on your tax return.
Despite the name, a Qualifying Relative does not necessarily have to be related to you.
Simply use the easy step by step tax educator tool below, and you will find out for sure who a qualifying relative is:
What Are the Qualifying Relative Requirements?
An individual must meet all 4 of these requirements in order to be considered your Qualifying Relative.
Not a Qualifying Child: The individual cannot be your Qualifying Child and cannot be someone else's Qualifying Child. They are a Qualifying Child if they meet all the requirements, whether or not they are claimed as a .
Relationship: The person must either have lived with you for the entire year as a member of the household (a person who is not actually related to you may meet the requirements in this way), or be related to you in one of the following ways: your child, stepchild, grandchild or other descendant of one of your children (or stepchildren or foster children), son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother, sister, half brother, half sister, stepbrother, stepsister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, parent, stepfather, stepmother, father-in-law, mother-in-law, grandparent, and, if related by blood, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew. Remember that a child whom you legally adopted is always considered to be your child. Also note that, for the purposes of this requirement, divorce or death does not change any relationship which was established by
(e.g. son-in-law, daughter-in-law, etc.)
Gross Income: The person must have made less than $4,000 in gross income during 2015.
Support: You must have provided more than half of the individual's total support during the year.
Who Is My Qualifying Relative? Use this FREE Tool to Find out Now!
The tax tool below will help you determine whether or not someone is your Qualifying Relative. Read the question and simply answer with Yes or No and follow the next step until you get the answer you are looking for!
Qualifying Relative Special Cases
Temporary Absences
A person is still considered to be living with you during any period of time when either of you are temporarily away from home due to school, business, military service, medical care, or vacation.
If a Qualifying Relative is placed in a nursing home permanently or indefinitely, they are still considered to be away on a temporary absence.
Birth or Death
If someone died during the year, but lived with you as a member of your household for the rest of the year, they are considered to have lived with you for the entire year.
If a child was born during the year, but lived with you as a member of your household for the rest of the year, they are also considered to have lived with you all year.
In the case of either birth or death, any related hospital stay is considered a temporary absence.
Income Not Used for Support
Any income that someone receives but does not spend is not counted as part of their own support.
Multiple Support Agreement
If you and one or more other people together provide more than half of a person's support, and that person meets the requirements to be the Qualifying Relative of each of you, you can agree among yourselves who gets to claim the person as a Qualifying Relative. It can be anyone of you who provides more than 10% of the person's support, but only one person can get the exemption. Each of the other people providing support will need to sign a statement agreeing not to claim the exemption for the year. Whoever claims the exemption should keep the signed statements for their records.
If you claim the exemption under such a multiple support agreement, you should attach to your return .
Qualifying Relative Examples
Adult Child
Your son was 24 and single at the end of 2015. He was
and lived at home all year long. He is too old to be your Qualifying Child, but because his income was under $4,000 and you provided more than half of his support for the year, he is your Qualifying Relative and can be claimed as your dependent.
Your mother was retired and had no income all year. She lived on her own, but you provided more than half of her support for the year. She is your Qualifying Relative and you can claim her as a dependent.
Girlfriend or Boyfriend
Your girlfriend lived with you all year and her income was less than $4,000. Her parents provided some support for her, but you provided more than half of her support. She is 19 years old and is not a , so she is not her parents' Qualifying Child. She is your Qualifying Relative and you can claim her as a dependent.
Child of Girlfriend
Your girlfriend's 8-year old son, who is not your child, lived with you and your girlfriend all year. Your girlfriend had no income and you provided more than half of her son's support. He is your Qualifying Relative and you can claim him as a dependent.
In the past, you would not be able to claim your girlfriend's child as a Qualifying Relative because the child was considered to be the Qualifying Child of his or her mother, even if she did not claim the child as a dependent. But the IRS has revised its views and now allows the boyfriend with whom the mother and child live all year to claim the child as a dependent if the parent&s income is so low that she doesn&t .
Ask a Tax Question
Tax Preparation Help
What eFilers are Saying
"Thank you for providing efile. This is the best way to file taxes, ever!!!" Robert, in Maryland
"It's fast and easy to use. I've used e-file since 2005 and I never have a problem using this web site to file my federal and state taxes." Jessica, in Orlando, FL
"I loved that when I was unsure about something things were explained in simple terms so I knew I was correctly filling the form out." Karen, in Virginia
Prepare & efile
Information
Tax Deadlines
Contact us
Close &Close
Close &Close*Included with your
Peter Ould, Eve Tushnet, Lisa Severine Nolland, Sherif Girgis
Should I Attend the Wedding of a Gay Friend or Family Member?
This slideshow is only available for subscribers. Please log in or subscribe to view the slideshow.
Beady Eyes
Peter Ould, Eve Tushnet, Lisa Severine Nolland, Sherif Girgis
All good pastoral theology begins with Jesus. The Gospels give us clear examples of how Jesus interacts with those who lifestyles are not holy. He dines with tax collectors, hangs out with prostitutes, and dares to speak to unclean foreigners. Jesus has absolutely no problem doing things with sinners.
Based on this reasoning, then, we might conclude that Christians should have no problem attending a gay wedding, even if they do not agree with it. Jesus in his pastoral engagements hardly ever judged. Surely as God&s salt and light, we are called to go among unbelievers, live with them, and pray for them through their joys and sorrows in hopes of witnessing for Christ.
But there&s another perspective: Marriage is a God-given ordinance that speaks to more than just the love between two people. Biblical teaching on marriage shows us that the union of a man and woman is the icon of the union of Christ and his church. The Book of Revelation envisions the great wedding feast at the end of time, the union of the Bridegroom and his bride.
So doing marriage incorrectly is an act of idolatry. It&s a rejection of both the ordinance God has given and the meaning of that ordinance. Since the gender of the participants in marriage is important, mixing those sexes up destroys the point marriage was meant to represent. How can a Christian be involved in such a thing?
Like many Christians, I find myself torn on this pressing issue. I describe my perspective as &postgay.& Today, I have a wife and family. Years ago, I decided that my same-sex orientation would not define me. I refused to accept the idea that same-sex attraction validates same-sex behavior. ...
To continue reading, subscribe now. Subscribers have full digital access.
Already a CT subscriber? or
for full digital access.
, Vol. 59, No. 2, Pg 26
Compiled by Matt Reynolds
Matt Reynolds
An expert in religious liberty law explains the Golden State's controversial SB 1146.
Thomas Berg
Jerry B. Jenkins: 'Thrilled as I am that he is where he has always wanted to be, his departure leaves a void in my soul.'
Jeremy Weber
When we partake in communion, we're practicing for something big.
Derek Rishmawy
Email Address
Subscribe to the selected newsletters.
founded 1956
Email Address
Subscribe to the selected newsletters.
Unlock This Article for a FriendTo unlock this article for your friends, use any of the social share buttons on our site, or simply copy the link below.
Share This Article with a FriendTo share this article with your friends, use any of the social share buttons on our site, or simply copy the link below.
To continue reading, subscribe now for full print and digital access.
Already a subscriber? or
to continue reading.Accessibility links
Get Inspired Activity Finder
For more ideas, information and inspiration, visit

我要回帖

更多关于 part of your world 的文章

随机推荐