sometimes my mother was ill...

小题1:A小题2:D小题3:B小题4:C试题分析:文章回忆了作者的父亲为了养家糊口,积劳成疾,最后死于心脏病的故事,从中我们可以总结出一个道理:勇敢面对困难,不要屈服。小题1:推理题。根据第二段第一句Wave to daddy!" she'd shout. Four little hands would shoot into the air.说中的4个小手明连我在内一共有4个孩子,那么我最有可能有3个兄弟姐妹。故A正确。小题2:推理题。根据第三段2,3行That night, I looked at my father, covered in sweat and coal, and for the first time I knew why he was so often angry for no reason.可知父亲工作的时候,浑身大汗。那么应该是从事于体力活动。故D正确。小题3:推理题。根据第四段第2行At every station, he described the job and the danger.It was like listening to a foreign language.可知当父亲向我解释他的工作和所遇见的危险的时候,这些问题对我就像是外语。说明我不能理解父亲。故B正确。小题4:推理题。根据文章最后两行I gave her the hard hat Toby handed to me as I left, and this notes: " Whenever you feel something difficult, put this on, look in the mirror, and remember your roots."说明我想用hat来鼓励我的女儿勇敢面对困难,不要屈服。故C正确。点评:答题前一定要读懂全文,弄清文章要表达的思想,注意前后段落之间的关系。答题中,一定要认真分析,进行推理。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
It was 4 o'clock in the morning, when I received the phone call.“This is the emergency room calling and your son was just & 36& in with severe burns on his&face, neck and arms. We have called for a(n)& 37& and are going to fly him to the burn unit in&Seattle.” Seattle was 350 miles from his college, so we knew immediately this was& 38&&. The doctor described the& 39&, which caused the burns. At 6 am, our son and his friends decided to barbecue hamburgers in the courtyard of their apartment. When they &&40&&the charcoal(木炭),it burst into flames because they had sprayed too much gasoline(petrol).The flames& 41& my son’s shirt tail and shot from his waist to well over his head.&&42&, one of the boys was quick-minded, grasped my son, and& 43& him on the grass. While it saved his life, it was not in &44&& to save him from severe burns and the terrible scars(伤疤). After he& 45& from the treatments, the doctors told him they would not do plastic surgery(整容)for 6 months& 46& it takes that long for the skin to stop shrinking and wrinkling. So, he had to return to college with scars typical of severe burns. When I was a child, my mother told my sister, who had a 10-inch very& 47 &scar on her&arm, “Nancy, if you ignore the scar, other people will ignore it. It does not mean they will not&& 48& it, but it means it will not matter to them if it doesn’t matter to you.” I & 49 & this wisdom on to my son. He took my advice to &50 & and returned to school with his head held high--glad he was alive. By the end of the six-month waiting period, he decided that the scars did not& 51&. So he made the& 52 & to give up any plastic surgery.&We all have “scars” that we believe& 53& people to keep away from us. And we spend a lot of time thinking that if only we looked differently, or dressed differently, people would like us better.&&But you see, people will only judge you by your looks, or your clothes, if you are judging&yourself by these same& 54 &standards. Put your imperfections out of your mind and concentrate on what you value& 55 & yourself, and your beauty will shine through. 小题1:A.broughtB.givenC.turnedD.showed小题2:A.doctorB.hospitalC.aircraftD.ambulance小题3:A.seriousB.terribleC.dangerousD.important小题4:A.eventB.processC.reasonD.accident小题5:A.gotB.litC.burned  D.moved小题6:A.tookB.held  C.caught   D.attracted小题7:A.FortunatelyB.SurprisinglyC.HappilyD.Slowly小题8:A.PushedB.threwC.droppedD.rolled小题9:A.shapeB.placeC.factD.time小题10:A.benefitedB.recoveredC.sufferedD.relaxed小题11:A.ifB.whileC.becauseD.although小题12:A.normalB.violentC.obviousD.popular小题13:A.mentionB.noticeC.laughD.hide小题14:A.sentB.keptC.handedD.passed小题15:A.heartB.lifeC.practiceD.considerate小题16:A.growB.matterC.existD.appeal小题17:A.mistakeB.effortC.decisionD.request小题18:A.inviteB.causeC.allowD.Remind小题19:A.falseB.strictC.moralD.general小题20:A.byB.overC.beyondD.within
题型:阅读理解
It was a winter morning, just a couple of weeks before Christmas 2005. While most people were warming up their cars, Trevor, my husband, had to get up early to ride his bike four kilometers away from home to work. On arrival, he parked his bike outside the back door as he usually does. After putting in 10 hours of labor, he returned to find his bike gone. The bike, a black Kona 18 speed, was our only transport. Trevor used it to get to work, putting in 60-hour weeks to support his young family. And the bike was also used to get groceries(食品杂货), saving us from having to walk along long distances from where we live. I was so sad that someone would steal our bike that I wrote to the newspaper and told them our story. Shortly after that, several people in our area offered to help. One wonderful stranger even bought a bike, then called my husband to pick it up. Once again my husband had a way to get to and from his job. It really is an honor that a complete stranger would go out of their way for someone they have never met before. People say that a smile can be passed from one person to another, but acts of kindness from strangers are even more so. This experience has had a spreading effect in our lives because it strengthened our faith in humanity(人性) as a whole. And it has influenced us to be more mindful of ways we, too, can share with others. No matter how big or how small, an act of kindness shows that someone cares. And the results can be everlasting.小题1:Why was the bike so important to the couple?A.They used it for work and daily life.B.It was their only possession(财产).C.It was a nice Kona 18 speed.D.The man‘s job was bike racing.小题2:We can infer from the passage that __________.A.the couple worked 60 hours a weekB.people were busy before ChristmasC.the stranger brought over the bikeD.life was hard for the young family小题3:How did people get to know the couple’s problem?A.From a stranger.B.From a newspaper.C.From TV newsD.From radio broadcasts.小题4:What do the couple learn from their experience?A.Strangers are usually of little help.B.One should take care of their bike.C.News reports make people famous.D.An act of kindness can mean a lot.小题5:From this story, we can see humanity is __________.A.selfishB.commercialC.kindD.cold-hearted
June was lying by the Olympic size swimming pool in her new swimsuit. She was really hot and dived into the water. &&&1&&&else was in the pool. The refreshing water cooled her body immediately, which &&2 &&&her to continue doing some laps there. Not having swum in the past several years and being a bit out of&&3 &&, June began to tire &&4 &&. “Ah, no pains, no gains,” June thought to herself. June &&&5 &&&to swim, realizing her head was &&&6&&. Breathing became&& 7&&. Her sight wasn’t so &&8 &&. She saw the lifeguard and a couple others around the pool. She did not want to bother anyone. She continued.She found &&&9 &&&in the middle of the pool. Deciding not to ask for help, she continued to swim.&&10 &&, she made it to the other side of the pool. Sickness, weakness and exhaustion(精疲力竭)&&11 &&&it difficult for June to get out of the pool.&&12&&&she stood, her body slowly shook back and forth, losing her &&&13&&.Realizing she needed help but &&&14&&&to even say anything, she&&&15 &&&&the pool side and stood there. Several minutes later she had enough energy to only pull her body up out of the pool.&&16&&&at the side of the pool with her feet in the water she felt that someone was &&17&&&at her. It was the &&&18 &&. June was just able to &&&19 &&&her hand, telling him she was okay.Have you ever found yourself in a(n)&&20&&&where you’re in trouble and you don’t ask for help? There is nothing wrong in asking for help. June could have drowned. However, we all have the tendency, as June did.小题1:A.Someone B.EveryoneC.Anyone D.No one小题2:A.encouraged B.advised C.allowed D.forced小题3:A.shapeB.time C.mindD.fashion小题4:A.hardly B.falselyC.easilyD.unexpectedly小题5:A.remained B.stopped C.happened D.continued小题6:A.sufferedB.hurt C.suffering D.hurting小题7:A.looseB.difficultC.easyD.tight小题8:A.sure B.clean C.clear D.poor小题9:A.one B.it C.herselfD.her小题10:A.Lastly B.Finally C.Suddenly D.Surprisingly小题11:A.found B.madeC.let D.felt小题12:A.Since B.As C.Until D.Unless小题13:A.balanceB.courage C.chance D.life小题14:A.readyB.unableC.proud D.afraid小题15:A.came across B.lay on C.leaned against D.fought with小题16:A.JumpingB.Standing C.SittingD.Walking小题17:A.laughing B.staring C.glimpsing D.shrugging小题18:A.policemanB.lifeguardC.doctorD.nurse小题19:A.hold B.lend C.waveD.move小题20:A.situationB.condition C.atmosphereD.environment
My father was in the navy, which meant that my mother was married to both my father and the sea. As was often the case, we had to pack our belongings into boxes and &&36&&&those we had grown to love. We would arrive at our new home and find ourselves once again &&37&&at the pier(码头)waving good-bye to my father as his &&38 &&pulled him away from us. My mother would turn my brother and me around before the ship was out of &&39&, wipe our tears, and take us back home to start the process of &&40 &&in the new environment again.Throughout the years of changing &&41 &, schools and friends, there remained one constant in my childhood — my mother. For both my &&&42&&and me, she was the cook, maid and teacher. She played these roles while &&43&&some type of part-time job. Leaving a promising career is just one of the &&44&&which my mother made for my family as we moved around the world with our father every three years or so. &&45&&she had to deal with only a small budget, my mother &&46&&managed to make each house to be the very home that is safe and &&47&.This probably sounds like a depressing way to live, &&48&&with two small children: “single” parenthood, short-term friendships, and the inability to &&49 &&a career or establish a home. But it was not for my mother. She turned this &&50&&into adventure for us all! Each relocation was a chance to &&51&&another part of the world. My mother greeted each new culture, climate and neighborhood. Each new house was a &&52&&to rearrange furniture, make curtains and &&53&&pictures. Every part-time job was an opportunity to learn something new and work with interesting people.No matter how difficult the life was, she was always having a &&54&&attitude. She always had strength in the face of struggle and change. My mother was so &&55&&all those years of my childhood — she was my island in a sea of change. She is my hero.小题1:A.leave behindB.leave outC.leave offD.leave for小题2:A.livingB.staringC.standingD.going小题3:A.car B.ship C.trainD.plane小题4:A.rangeB.shapeC.sightD.control小题5:A.adaptingB.suitingC.matchingD.fitting小题6:A.namesB.jobs C.addressesD.directions小题7:A.fatherB.classmatesC.brother D.relatives小题8:A.performingB.seekingC.waitingD.applying小题9:A.programsB.sacrificesC.contributionD.cooperation小题10:A.OnceB.WhileC.WhenD.Unless小题11:A.somewhereB.somewhat C.sometimeD.somehow小题12:A.romanticB.comfortableC.mysteriousD.wealthy小题13:A.generallyB.actually C.especiallyD.unfairly小题14:A.desert B.pursueC.affectD.limit小题15:A.lifestyleB.valueC.journey D.opportunity小题16:A.acquireB.exploreC.occupyD.realize小题17:A.loadB.sadnessC.resultD.challenge小题18:A.hangB.draw C.takeD.sell小题19:A.changeable B.cautious C.positiveD.negative小题20:A.experiencedB.braveC.ordinaryD.annoyed
题型:阅读理解
I had applied for the nuclear(核)submarine(潜艇) program, and Admiral Rickover was interviewing me for the job. It was the first time I met Admiral Rickover, and we sat in a large room by ourselves for more than two hours, and he let me choose any subjects I wished to discuss. Very carefully, I chose those about which I knew most at the time – recent events, seamanship, music, literature, naval tactics(海军战术), electronics, gunnery(射击学) – and he began to ask me a lot of questions that were more difficult. Every time after my answers, he soon showed that I knew rather little about the subjects I had chosen.
He always looked right into my eyes, and he never smiled. I was saturated with cold sweat. Finally, he asked me a question and I thought it was my turn to show myself off. He said, “How did you stand in your class at Georgia Tech before entering Annapolis as a first year student?” I had done very well, and I threw my chest with pride and answered, “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!” I sat back to wait for the congratulations – which never came. Instead, the question: “Did you do your best?” I started to say, “Yes, sir,” but I remembered who this was, and thought of several of my times at the Academy when I could have learned more about our allies(二战时的同盟国), our enemies, weapons strategy(战略) and so on, so I finally said, “No, Sir, I didn’t always do my best.”He looked at me for a long time, and then turned his chair around to end the interview. He asked one final question, which I have never been able to forget – or to answer. He said, “Why not?” I sat there for a while, shaken, and then slowly left the room.小题1:The passage suggests that ___.A.the atmosphere of the interviews was very seriousB.the author always did his best in doing everythingC.the author and Admiral Rickover were good friendsD.Admiral Rickover knew the author quite well小题2:The word “saturated” in the second paragraph may probably mean ___.A.very satisfiedB.completely wetC.rather sadD.too excited小题3:When the author said: “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!’’ He meant __.A.he did better than most of his classmates at the AcademyB.he had 820 classmates and he was Number thirty-nineC.he was proud that the class he was in was very largeD.in the class only thirty-nine students stood in front of him
When I began planning to move to Auckland to study,my mother was worried about a lack of jobs and cultural differences. Ignoring these&36&,I got there in July, 2010. &37&I arrived,I realized the importance of getting a job &38 &my living experience. Determined to do this __39__ ,I spent several weeks going door-&to-&door for a job,but found __40__ response(回应).One afternoon,I walked into a building to ask _41__ there were my job opportunities. The people there advised me not to continue my job search in that __42__ .As I was about to_43__,a man who had been listening approached me and asked me to wait outside __44__.Nearly ten minutes later,he __45__.He asked me about my plans and encouraged me to stay __46__.Then he offered to take me to Royal Oak to __47__ a job.I was a little surprised,but had a __48__ feeling about him. Along the way,I realized that I had __49__ resumes(简历).Seeing this,the man __50__ at his business partner’s office to make me fifteen __51__ copies. He also gave me some __52__ on dressing and speaking. I handed out my resumes and went home feeling very __53__ .The following day,I received a __54__from a store in Royal Oak offering me a job.It seems that the world always __55__ to you when you need it. And this time,it was a complete stranger who turned out to be a real blessing.小题1:A.doubtsB.concerns C.instructions D.reasons小题2:A.Even ifB.Every timeC.Now that D.Soon after小题3:A.ofB.atC.forD.with小题4:A.on my ownB.on my wayC.by any chanceD.by the day小题5:A.any B.much C.some D.little小题6:A.whyB.whereverC.whetherD.whenever小题7:A.directionB.attitude C.languageD.manner小题8:A.answerB.work C.leaveD.refuse小题9:A.for ever B.at any timeC.as usual D.for a while小题10:A.returnedB.hesitatedC.passedD.regretted小题11:A.silentB.busy C.positive D.comfortable小题12:A.pick outB.search forC.take onD.give up小题13:A.dullB.good C.guiltyD.general小题14:A.made use ofB.taken care ofC.run out ofD.become tired of小题15:A.stopped B.knockedC.glancedD.appeared小题16:A.rightB.more C.formerD.different小题17:A.pressuresB.agreementsC.impressionsD.suggestions小题18:A.lonelyB.funnyC.disappointedD.satisfied小题19:A.callB.tipC.presentD.report小题20:A.turns offB.goes overC.gives backD.looks up
There was a time when I thought my dad didn’t know a thing about being a good father. I couldn’t&& 31&him ever saying the words “I love you.” It seems to me his only purpose in life was to say “__32_ &” to anywhere I wanted to go and anything I wanted to do, including getting a&& 33 .& Some parents bought their kids cars when they got their driver’s licenses. Not my dad ---- he said that I’d have to get a job and buy my own. So that is what I did. I got a job at a very nice restaurant and&& 34&&every penny I could and&& 35&I had enough to buy my car, I did! The day I brought that car home, my dad was the first one I wanted to&& 36& to. “Look, dad, a car of my own. If you ever want a ride, I’ll only&& 37 you five dollars.” I offered with a smile.
“I see,” was all he said.One day, there was something wrong with my father’s truck. So he needed a&& 38&to work. . The sun wasn’t even up when we left the house,&& 39&&it was already getting warm out. It was going to be a(n)&& 40&day. As I dropped my dad off, I&& 41& him, dressed in his work clothes, getting his&& 42& from the trunk of my car. Watching his sun-weathered face, and even from a distance I could tell there were&& 43&&lines than I ever remembered being there before. I realized how hard my dad works for the family. My father is a cement finisher. In that instant, it&& 44&to me that he actually got down on his hands and knees to sweat over hot concrete to make a living for his family. And he did this day in and day out,&& 45& hot it got. Never, not once, had I heard him&& 46& about it. To him we were “worth” it. And never once did he “charge” us for it.When he closed the trunk, his tools set off to the side, he walked over to my window to&& 47& me five dollars. I rolled down the window and said “Good-bye, dad. Keep your five dollars. It’s my&& 48. Don’t work too hard. I love you.” His&& 49 met mine, then glanced away in the direction of his waiting tools, he&& 50& his throat and said, “Oh, and… me, too.”小题1:A.likeB.remember C.forget D.care小题2:A.Sorry B.YesC.NoD.Well小题3:A.car B.friendC.jobD.present小题4:A.spentB.earnedC.keptD.saved小题5:A.whenB.ofC.becauseD.though小题6:A.pay it back B.hand it overC.turn it upD.show it off小题7:A.payB.chargeC.offerD.provide小题8:A.rideB.leaveC.tripD.hurry小题9:A.asB.althoughC.butD.since小题10:A.ordinary B.hotC.work D.special小题11:A.helped B.followedC.leftD.watched小题12:A.toolsB.clothesC.luggageD. bag小题13:A.fewerB.moreC.longerD.deeper小题14:A.happenedB.seemedC.occurredD.appeared小题15:A.whateverB.wheneverC.whereverD.however小题16:A.talkB.complainC.askD.小题17:A.handB.passC.lendD.take小题18:A.help B.adviceC.treatD.reply小题19:A.handsB.smileC.voiceD.eyes小题20:A.cleanedB.wipedC.clearedD.felt
The story of the touchstone(探金石) tells of a man who was told that if he could find the touchstone, its magical powers could give him anything he wanted. It could be found, he was 31&, among the pebbles (卵石) of a beach. All he need to do is& 32 &a stone.If it feels warm, the magical touchstone is 33&.The man rushed to the beach without delay. When he& 34&a pebble that felt cold, he threw it into the sea. He& 35 this practice for weeks. Each pebble felt cold, and each pebble was& 36 thrown into the sea..But one morning, he &37&to take hold of a pebble that felt& 38&, unlike the other stones. The man, who had& 39&noticed the difference, threw it into the sea. He hadn’t &40&to, but he had formed a habit that can be& 41&to break.Any behavior one &&42&is strengthened. Repeated often enough, it becomes a(n)& 43&. A Spanish proverb says, “Habits are first cobwebs (蜘蛛网), then cables (钢索).” It works well for &44&habits that first trap us like a cobweb. And if we continue the behavior, the& 45&grows stronger and can be as difficult to break as a steel cable.& 46&some habits can work in our& 47 , such as patterns of our lives, positive attitudes and healthy ways of thinking. We form our habits, then our habits form us& 48& .When it& 49 habits, practice may not make perfect. But practice will certainly make permanent. So form the habits you want and let them 50&&you into the person you want to be.小题1:A.trickedB.informedC.introducedD.traced小题2:A.look onB.cut intoC.knock downD.pick up小题3:A made&&&&&&&&&&& B. found&&&&&&&&&& C. controlled&&&&&&&&& D. offered小题4:A.knewB.showedC.graspedD.grabbed小题5:A.decidedB.stoppedC.requiredD.continued小题6:A.immediatelyB.frequentlyC.greatlyD.happily小题7:A.triedB.decidedC.hopedD.happened小题8:A.smoothB.roughC.warmD.cold小题9:A.commonlyB.necessarilyC.hardlyD.quickly小题10:A.designedB.determinedC.failedD.meant小题11:A.hardB.easyC.likelyD.sure小题12:A.forgetsB.showsC.adjustsD.repeats小题13:A.addictionB.instructionC.habitD.regret小题14:A.annoyingB.oldC.influentialD.bad小题15:A.lineB.webC.spiritD.feeling小题16:A.ThenB.ThusC.ButD.Because小题17:A.favorB.memoryC.honorD.wish小题18:A.in forceB.in additionC.in returnD.in vain小题19:A.leads toB.comes toC.belongs toD.points to小题20:A.adjustB.formC.transferD.shape
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 my mother was ill 的文章

随机推荐