Kennet school days是个怎样的...

114网址导航Welcome to Kennet School
Welcome to Kennet School website, packed with information for visitors and containing a wealth of material for learners. Kennet School became an academy on 1 April 2011 and sponsor of&, in January 2014. I have the privilege of being Executive Head across both schools. &The best way of giving you a flavour of Kennet School, in particular, is to quote from the Ofsted report from May 2016.& Kennet is "Outstanding". You can &but below are a few more quotes:&Standards are high. Pupils’ achievements across a range of subjects place the school in the top 5% of all schools nationally for pupil progress.Pupils who are disadvantaged and those who have special educational needs or disability make outstanding progress given their starting points. Their progress is significantly better than that of other pupils nationally.Teachers demonstrate exceptional subject knowledge, excellent planning and effective questioning as well as providing&valuable feedback which reinforces pupils’ understanding and leads to their outstanding progress.Pupils are safe in the school and they feel safe. The school’s ‘house’ system is highly regarded.&Pupils’ academic success and personal welfare are equal priorities for all staff. The work that the school does to keep its pupils safe is excellent.Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary and their attendance is above average and improving. Pupils engage enthusiastically in lessons and show respect and tolerance for each other.This report confirms the fact that the school was in the top 4% of schools nationally, for progress at GCSE 2015 and we confidently expect more outstanding results in the near and distant future.&Kennet School is not complacent nor does it compare itself with other schools. I am confident that we will, with the support of our community, continue to thrive and prosper.&We are ambitious for our pupils and I trust that your child and you wish to be part of the success story which is Kennet School.P G Dick OBE JP DL,&Headmaster
Information for parents
&&&&&&&&&&&
Interested in joining&our school?&Watch our video or download our school&prospectuses&by simply clicking on&the relevant buttons below:&&
Access Frog - our VLE
Sixth Form Opening Eveningfor prospective&students and parents&Thursday 24 November pm(Headmaster’s&speech at 7pm)&Have you&considered joining a Sixth Form with:a proven track&record of academic success, which ensures all students develop to their&individual&potential?a wide range of&subjects and courses to suit all learners?a superb Sixth&Form Centre and excellent facilities?Come and witness&the brilliance of&Kennet School!
Latest news
&Upcoming events
Year 7 tutor/parents' meetings (to 21 October)
Year 13 progress check home
House Drama (7:30pm)
Art Exhibtion (7:30pm)
Non-uniform day
Half term (24-28 October)
Staff Training Day (no pupils)
Pupils return
PTA Year 7 Halloween Disco (7-9pm, Hall)
Year 11 Consultation Evening (5pm)
PTA Quiz Night
Year 10 progress checks home
eSafety Parents's Meeting (7pm)
Year 13 consultation evening (5pm)
Year 12 progress check home
:&To enable everyone to have full access to our school website, no matter what difficulties or impairments they may have, please check the
for useful information.
Kennet School, Stoney Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 4LL & & Telephone: && &&Email: