2011年12月 吉林省长春市区号英语四级...

你现在的位置 : &
2011年12月英语四级真题完整版下载
  Part Ⅰ Writing (30 minutes)
  注意:此部分试题在答题卡1上.
  For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will by commenting on the humorous saying, &Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I've done it hundreds of times.& You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
  Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
  Why Integrity Matters
  What is Integrity?
  The key to integrity is consistency--not only setting high personal standards for oneself (honesty, responsibility, respect for others, fairness) but also living up to those standards each day. One who has integrity is bound by and follows moral and ethical standards even when making life's hard choices, choices which may be clouded by stress, pressure to succeed, or temptation.
  What happens if we lie, cheat, steal, or violate other ethical standards? We feel disappointed in ourselves and ashamed. But a lapse of integrity also affects our relationships with others. Trust is essential in any important relationship, whether personal or professional. Who can trust someone who is dishonest or unfair? Thus, integrity must be one of our most important goals.
  Risky Business
  We are each responsible for our own decisions, even if the decision-making process has been undermined by stress or peer pressure. The real test of character is whether we can learn from our mistake, by understanding why we acted as we did, and then exploring ways to avoid similar problems in the future.
  Making ethical decisions is a critical part of avoiding future problems. We must learn to recognize risks, because if we can't see the risks we're taking, we can't make responsible choices. To identify risks, we need to know the rules and be aware of the facts. For example, one who doesn't know the rules about plagiarism may accidentally use words or ideas without giving proper credit, or one who fails to keep careful research notes may unintentionally fail to quote and cite sources as required. But the fact that such a violation is &unintentional& does not excuse the misconduct. Ignorance is not a defense.
  &But Everybody Does It&
  Most people who get in trouble do know the rules and facts, but manage to fool themselves about the risks they're taking by using excuses: &Everyone else does it,& &I'm not hurting anyone,& or &I really need this grade.& Excuses can get very elaborate: &I know I'm looking at another's exam, even though I'm supposed to keep my eyes on my own paper, but that's not cheating because I'm just checking my answers, not copying.& We must be honest about our actions, and avoid excuses. If we fool ourselves into believing we're not doing anything wrong, we can't see the real choice we're making--and that leads to bad decisions.
  To avoid fooling yourself, watch out for excuses and try this test: Ask how you would feel if your actions were public and anyone could be watching over your shoulder. Would you feel proud or ashamed of your actions? If you'd rather hide your actions, that's a good indication that you're taking a risk and rationalizing it to yourself.
  Evaluating Risks
  To decide whether a risk is worth taking, you must examine the consequences, in the future as well as right now, negative as well as positive, and to others as well as to yourself. Those who take risks they later regret usually focus on immediate benefits (&what's in it for me&), and simply haven't considered what might go wrong. The consequences of getting caught are serious, and may include a &0& on
an &F& suspension or d and a tarnished reputation. In fact, when you break a rule or law, you lose control over your life, and give others the power to impose punishment: you have no control over what that punishment might be. This is an extremely precarious and vulnerable position. There may be some matters of life and death, or highest principle, which might justify such a risk, but there aren't many things that fall in this category.
下载地址:
百科词条:
相关文章推荐
更多家长在看
热门文章推荐
热门话题推荐课程免费试听
课程专业名称
原价/优惠价
¥900 / ¥199
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100欢迎你,    
2011年12月英语四级真题及答案
00:00:00 来源:新东方在线
英语四级快速通关入门班 原价:¥120
最新资料:
备考指导:
热点推荐:
四级关注:
&&& 2013年6月的考试即将举行,在有限的备考时间里,考生应多多研究往年真题。  2011年12月   Part Ⅰ Writing (30 minutes)   注意:此部分试题在答题卡1上.   For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled
Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will by commenting on the humorous saying,
&Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I've done it hundreds of
times.& You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.&   Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)   Why Integrity Matters   What is Integrity?   The key to integrity is consistency--not only setting high personal
standards for oneself (honesty, responsibility, respect for others, fairness)
but also living up to those standards each day. One who has integrity is bound
by and follows moral and ethical standards even when making life's hard choices,
choices which may be clouded by stress, pressure to succeed, or temptation.   What happens if we lie, cheat, steal, or violate other ethical standards?
We feel disappointed in ourselves and ashamed. But a lapse of integrity also
affects our relationships with others. Trust is essential in any important
relationship, whether personal or professional. Who can trust someone who is
dishonest or unfair? Thus, integrity must be one of our most important
goals.   Risky Business   We are each responsible for our own decisions, even if the decision-making
process has been undermined by stress or peer pressure. The real test of
character is whether we can learn from our mistake, by understanding why we
acted as we did, and then exploring ways to avoid similar problems in the
future.   Making ethical decisions is a critical part of avoiding future problems. We
must learn to recognize risks, because if we can't see the risks we're taking,
we can't make responsible choices. To identify risks, we need to know the rules
and be aware of the facts. For example, one who doesn't know the rules about
plagiarism may accidentally use words or ideas without giving proper credit, or
one who fails to keep careful research notes may unintentionally fail to quote
and cite sources as required. But the fact that such a violation is
&unintentional& does not excuse the misconduct. Ignorance is not a defense.   &But Everybody Does It&   Most people who get in trouble do know the rules and facts, but manage to
fool themselves about the risks they're taking by using excuses: &Everyone else
does it,& &I'm not hurting anyone,& or &I really need this grade.& Excuses can
get very elaborate: &I know I'm looking at another's exam, even though I'm
supposed to keep my eyes on my own paper, but that's not cheating because I'm
just checking my answers, not copying.& We must be honest about our actions, and
avoid excuses. If we fool ourselves into believing we're not doing anything
wrong, we can't see the real choice we're making--and that leads to bad
decisions.   To avoid fooling yourself, watch out for excuses and try this test: Ask how
you would feel if your actions were public, and anyone could be watching over
your shoulder. Would you feel proud or ashamed of your actions? If you'd rather
hide your actions, that's a good indication that you're taking a risk and
rationalizing it to yourself.   Evaluating Risks   To decide whether a risk is worth taking, you must examine the
consequences, in the future as well as right now, negative as well as positive,
and to others as well as to yourself. Those who take risks they later regret
usually focus on immediate benefits (&what's in it for me&), and simply haven't
considered what might go wrong. The consequences of getting caught are serious,
and may include a &0& on
an &F& suspension
or d and a tarnished reputation. In
fact, when you break a rule or law, you lose control over your life, and give
others the power to impose punishment: you have no control over what that
punishment might be. This is an extremely precarious and vulnerable position.
There may be some matters of life and death, or highest principle, which might
justify such a risk, but there aren't many things that fall in this
category.   Getting Away With It--Or Not   Those who don't get caught pay an even higher price. A cheater doesn't
learn from the test, depriving him/herself of an education. Cheating undermines
confidence and independence: the cheater is a fraud, and knows that without
dishonesty, he/she would have failed. Cheating destroys self-esteem and
integrity, leaving the cheater ashamed, guilty, and afraid of getting caught.
Worst of all, a cheater who doesn't get caught the first time usually cheats
again, not only because he/she is farther behind, but also because it seems
&easier.& This slippery slope of eroding ethics and bigger risks leads only to
disaster. Eventually, the cheater gets caught, and the later he/she gets caught,
the worse the consequences. Students have been dismissed from school because
they didn't get this simple message: Honesty is the ONLY policy that works.   Cheating Hurts Others, Too   Cheaters often feel invisible, as if their actions &don't count& and don't
really hurt anyone. But individual choices have a profound cumulative effect.
Cheating can spread like a disease, and a cheater can encourage others just by
being seen from across the room. Recent statistics suggest 30% or more of
college students cheat. If a class is graded on a curve, cheating hurts others'
grades. Even if there is no curve, cheating &poisons& the classroom, and others
may feel pressured to join in. (&If I don't cheat, I can't compete with those
who do.&) Cheating also has a destructive impact on teachers. The real reward of
good teaching is seeing students learn, but ⑧.a cheater says, &I'm not
interested in what you' all I care about is stealing a grade,
regardless of the effect on others.& The end result is a blatant and destructive
attack on the quality of your education. Finally, cheating can hurt the
reputation of the University, and harm those who worked hard for their
degree.   Why Integrity Matters   If cheating becomes the norm, then we are in big trouble. ⑨.We must rely on
the honesty and good faith of others every day. If not, we couldn't put money in
the bank, buy food, clothing, or medicine from others, drive across a bridge,
get on a plane, go to the dentist--the list is endless. There are many examples
of the vast harm that is caused when individuals forget or ignore the effect
their dishonesty can have. The savings and loan scandal, the stock market and
junk bond swindles, and, of course, ⑩.Watergate, have undermined the faith of
many Americans in the integrity of political and economic leaders and society as
a whole. Such incidents take a tremendous toll on our nation's economy and our
individual well-being. For example, but for the savings and loan debacle, there
might be funds available to reduce the national debt and pay for education.   In sum, we all have a common stake in our school, our community, and our
society. Our actions do matter. It is essential that we act with integrity in
order to build the kind of world in which we want to live.&   1. A person of integrity not only sets high moral and ethical standards but
also _______。   A) sticks to them in their daily life  B) makes them known to others   C) understands their true values   D) sees that others also follow them   2. What role does integrity play in personal and professional
relationships?   A) It helps to create team spirit  B) It facilitates communication   C) It is the basis of mutual trust  D) It inspires mutual respect   3. Why must we learn to identify the risks we are going to take?   A. To ensure we make responsible choices  B. To avoid being overwhelmed by
stress   C. so that we don&t break any rules  D. so that we don&t run into
trouble   4. Violation of a rule is misconduct even if _______   A. it has caused no harm   B. it is claimed to be unintentional   C. it has gone unnoticed   D. it is committed with good intentions   5. What should one do if he doesn&t wish to fool himself?   A. Avoid making excuses   B. Listen to other people&s advice   C. Make his intensions public   D. Have others watch over his shoulder   6. Those who take risks they regret later on _______。   A. will often become more cautious  B. are usually very aggressive   C. value immediate benefits most  D. may lose everything in the end   7. According to the author, a cheater who doesn&t get caught right away
will _______   A. pay more dearly   B. become more confident   C. be widely admired D. feel somewhat lucky   8. Cheaters at exam don&t care about their education, all they care about
is how to _______   9. Integrity matters in that all social activities rely on people&s
_________________________   10. Many Americans lost faith in the integrity of their political leaders
as a result of _______&
本文关键字:
英语四级网络课堂
全程辅导班
单项突破班
大学英语四级425分通关全程班 -【2017年6月】
¥199.013656试听
新东方考研英语首席主讲,写作辅导第一人,新东方20周年功勋教师,百万畅销书作者。北京外国语大学英语...
大学英语四级4...
大学英语四级零基础VIP密训班【2017年6月】
¥1280.013668试听
大学英语四级425分通关全程班 【2017年6月】
¥199.013708试听
新东方考研英语首席主讲,写作辅导第一人,新东方20周年功勋教师,百万畅销书作者。北京外国语大学英语...
大学英语四级4...
版权及免责声明
1,"新东方在线"上的内容,包括文章、资料、资讯等, 本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的,其版权 均为"新东方在线"或北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有 ,任何公司、媒体、网站或个人未经授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用。已经得到 "新东方在线"许可 的媒体、网站,在使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网站将依法追究责任。
2, "新东方在线" 未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的 文章、资料、资讯等 均为转载稿,本网站转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网站下载使用,必须保留本网站注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为 " 稿件来源:新东方 " ,本网站将依法追究其法律责任。
3,如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内与新东方在线联系。
四级网络课堂
四级零基础VIP密训班
四级热点专题
四级实用 o 工具
四六级交流o下载
四级课程排行榜
四级公开课2011年12月英语四级答案
扫描二维码方便学习和分享
2011年12月英语四级答案(大家网版):
  快速阅读:
  1. A) sticks to them in their daily life
  2. C) It is the basis of mutual trust。
  3. A) To ensure we make responsible choices。
  4. B) it is claimed to be unintentional
  5. A) Avoid making excuses。
  6. C) value immediate benefits most
  7. A) pay more dearly
  8. Cheaters at exam don&t care a all they care about is how to steal a grade。
  9. Integrity matters in that all social activities rely on people&s honesty and good faith。
  10. Many Americans lost faith in the integrity of their political leaders as a result of the Watergate scandal。
  听力Section A:
  11. B) Go and ask the staff。
  12. A) He fell asleep in the middle of the TV program。
  13. B) She is worried about missing her flight。
  14. A) At a restaurant。
  15. A) He is being interviewed for a job。
  16. B) The man is unlikely to move out of the dormitory。
  17. D) The woman is going to make。
  18. B) They didn&t quite enjoy their last picnic。
  听力Section B:
  19. C) He is an Englishman living in Sweden。
  20. C) The cold houses。
  21. C) Depressing。
  22. B) They work hard and play hard。
  23. C) French。
  24. C) Careers guidance。
  25. D) Its pleasant environment。
  26. C) The art of Japanese brush painting。
  27. B) To enhance concentration。
  28. A) How listeners in different cultures show respect。
  29. B) Buying and maintaining equipment。
  30. D) Two of his employees committed theft。
  31. B) Advancement to a higher position。
  32. D) She is competing with Chris for the new job。
  33. A) They help us see the important values of a culture。
  34. B) The values they reflect may change。
  35. 缺
  听力Section C:
  深入阅读:Section A
  47. N) challenges
  48. A) stable
  49. E) progress
  50. O) certainly
  51. D) role
  52. M) combined
  53. C) significant
  54. G) included
  55. K) comprise
  56. B) solutions
  深入阅读:Section B
  57. C) encourage boys to express their emotions more freely
  58. A) perform relatively better
  59. C) It fails to give boys the attention they need。
  60. A) teaching can be tailored to suit the characteristics of boys
  61. C) They have sharper vision。
  62. C) It makes all the hard work worthwhile。
  63. D) Disputes over money may ruin a relationship。
  64. A) conflicts between couples tend to rise
  65. D) Men and women view money in different ways。
  66. C) discuss money matters to maintain a healthy relationship
  完型填空:
  67. B) reveals
  68. D) staff
  69. A) while
  70. B) shortages
  71. A) surveyed
  72. B) private
  73. C) concerned
  74. D) recruit
  75. D) As
  76. B) for
  77. D) intensify
  78. B) technical
  79. A) priority
  80. D) subjects
  81. D) if
  82. A) rate
  83. B) particular
  84. A) highlighted
  85. B) workforce
  86. C) where
  翻译:
  87. raise money for the survivors in the earthquake
  88. couldn&t have received my e-mail
  89. who keeps on encouraging me to keep my chin up
  who keeps encouraging me not to lose heart
  who keeps on cheering me up
  90. take the popularity of the novel into consideration/account
  91. define happiness solely by money
  作文范文:
  Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will
  作者:大家网名师 钱坤强 教授
  Sometimes, in our daily life, the easiest thing might be the most difficult thing, as in the case of some people trying to quit smoking for hundreds of times and still making endless efforts without any hope of success. The reason for their failure is their lack of a strong will。
  In our modern world, nothing is simple and straightforward. Something might appear deceptively easy at first, but as we proceed on, we will find that it is actually extremely difficult. Therefore, we must take whatever we do seriously and be mentally prepared to make our utmost exertions. When we encounter obstacles and setbacks, we must apply our strong willpower and persevere until we finally succeed。
  For us university students, in our academic studies or in our daily life on campus, we might not be faced with insurmountable challenges. But we need to get prepared, right now, to take things seriously, try to cultivate our strong will, and be ready to pursue our goals through persistence and indefatigable will. I believe it&s the only way we can achieve our success。
  Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will
  作者:大家网名师 钱坤强 教授
  Success depends on many factors, both physical and spiritual. In my opinion, mental factors like a strong will are far more decisive in enabling us to achieve success. For example, despite our repeated efforts to quit smoking, our lack of a strong will would still cause us to end up in failure。
  In any of our undertakings, we should first set a goal. Some goals are highly challenging. Without a strong will, people would give up in the middle and they fail to achieve their goals. For those people who do succeed, they succeed simply because they have that mental stamina which enables them to challenge even the most insurmountable difficulties。
  We often say that &Impossible is Nothing&. To make the impossible possible, we must exercise our perseverance and strong willpower. Or, as an English proverb goes, &If there is a will, there is a way.& Our world is becoming increasingly competitive and only by making strong-willed efforts can we maximize our full potential and gain competitive edges, and prevail over all obstacles that lie in our way to success。
特别推荐:
相关专题:
内容来自 听力课堂网:用手机学英语,请加听力课堂微信公众号:tingclass123
[报错与提意见]
订阅每日学英语:

我要回帖

更多关于 吉林省长春市区号 的文章

随机推荐