I work in ar.i.s factoryy...

A I work in a major U.S.factory.We make refrigerators.Four thousand five hundred new refrigerator——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
A I work in a major U.S.factory.We make refrigerators.Four thousand five hundred new refrigerators every day.It is a union workshop and it’s gradually shrinking as many blue collar factories seem to be but that is not what this story is about.This story is about one man who works in this huge factory. I’ve seen him around for years but never paid much attention.He always seemed just a little odd.A little short A little...scruffy .Always the same old red ball cap.And always a garbage bag in one hand.He walks around this big old factory on his breaks and his lunch time collecting aluminum (铝) cans.Day after day, month after month on hot days and cold days.Over the years I’ve followed him as he walked to his old pickup truck on the coldest day with snow blowing and everyone with their collars turned up and their hands in their pockets.He would be there with a 40 gallon garbage bag full of aluminum cans.He’d toss it into the back of his truck and jump in and I’d reach my car and jump in and we’d all race to the exit of this big half empty parking lot. Today I was working on a broken machine in this factory and the can man came by with his bag picking up cans.Our manager was standing there because the machine I was working on had been “down for a couple of hours and he was getting worried that we might run out of the parts for one of the assembly lines.I was finishing and I stood up just as the manager asked the can man what he did with all those cans.I’d never thought to ask him that question because I always just assumed he cashed them at the recycle center.The can man said: “I give them to my neighbor.He’s disabled and can’t hold a job. I blurted out: “You mean you’ve been collecting all those cans for all these years to give to your neighbor? “It isn’t much, he said, “but I give them to him.He can’t hold a job. Right then and there in that factory I found myself staring at him.He was wearing a T-shirt and an old red ball cap and he had a garbage bag full of aluminum cans in his hand! I don’t even know his name, but I thank him for the lesson he’s taught me. 41.It can be inferred from the passage that . A.the author didn’t like the way the can man collected cans B.making friends at work was not encouraged C.the author drove a very old pickup truck D.aluminum cans could be recycled 42.What’s the possible meaning of the underlined phrase “blurted out in the last paragraph? A.said suddenly without thinking much B.screamed at somebody in anger C.spoke in a low voice thoughtfully D.shouted to somebody cheerfully 43.Which of the following is true according to the passage? A.The boss was angry seeing the man picking up cans in his factory. B.The boss thought the can man sold the cans for extra money. C.The boss was worried because he might be short of cans. D.People turned up their collars to protect themselves from cold. 44.What lesson does the author learn from the story? A.Never judge a person by his appearance. B.Don’t work in a factory as a blue collar worker. C.Always treat neighbors as family members. D.Kindness is from the bottom of one’s heart. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
  I work in a major U.S.factory.We make refrigerators.Four thousand five hundred new refrigerators every day.It is a union workshop and it's gradually shrinking as many blue collar factories seem to be but that is not what this story is about.This story is about one man who works in this huge factory.
  I've seen him around for years but never paid much attention.He always seemed just a little odd.A little short A little…scruffy(肮脏的).Always the same old red ball cap.And always a garbage bag in one hand.He walks around this big old factory on his breaks and his lunch time collecting aluminum(铝)cans.Day after day, month after month on hot days and cold days.Over the years I've followed him as he walked to his old pickup truck on the coldest day with snow blowing and everyone with their collars turned up and their hands in their pockets.He would be there with a 40 gallon garbage bag full of aluminum cans.He'd toss it into the back of his truck and jump in and I'd reach my car and jump in and we'd all race to the exit of this big half empty parking lot.
  Today I was working on a broken machine in this factory and the can man came by with his bag picking up cans.Our manager was standing there because the machine I was working on had been “down” for a couple of hours and he was getting worried that we might run out of the parts for one of the assembly(装配)lines.I was finishing and I stood up just as the manager asked the can man what he did with all those cans.I'd never thought to ask him that question because I always just assumed he cashed them at the recycle center.The can man said:“I give them to my neighbor.He's disabled and can't hold a job.” I blurted out:“You mean you've been collecting all those cans for all these years to give to your neighbor?” “It isn't much,” he said, “but I give them to him.He can't hold a job.” Right then and there in that factory I found myself staring at him.He was wearing a T-shirt and an old red ball cap and he had a garbage bag full of aluminum cans in his hand! I don't even know his name, but I thank him for the lesson he's taught me.
It can be inferred from the passage that ________.
the author didn't like the way the can man collected cans
making friends at work was not encouraged
the author drove a very old pickup truck
aluminum cans could be recycled
What's the possible meaning of the underlined phrase “blurted out” in the last paragraph?
said suddenly without thinking much
screamed at somebody in anger
spoke in a low voice thoughtfully
shouted to somebody cheerfully
Which of the following is true according to the passage?
The boss was angry seeing the man picking up cans in his factory.
The boss thought the can man sold the cans for extra money.
The boss was worried because he might be short of cans.
People turned up their collars to protect themselves from cold.
What lesson does the author learn from the story?
Always treat neighbors as family members.
Don't work in a factory as a blue collar worker.
Never judge a person by his appearance.
Kindness is from the bottom of one's heart.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!以下试题来自:
单项选择题If I wor it is not ______ for me to gain much experience.A.weeklyB.friendlyC.likelyD.lively
为您推荐的考试题库
你可能感兴趣的试题
1A.put awayB.turn onC.make upD.break out2A.are repairedB.have been repairedC.were repairedD.will be repaired3A.will stopB.stopsC.stoppedD.is stopping4A.speakB.lookC.tellD.show
热门相关试卷
最新相关试卷I work in a factory. My designation is | Legal Advice
Your browser doesn't support JavaScript or JavaScript support has been disabled. You must enable JavaScript to use this application.
I work in a factory. My designation is System administrator there. My rank told to me as per my employer was Highly Skilled as labour laws has no separate department for System Administrators. I asked my HR about it but he had no answer as to why System Administrator is not written on my salary slip. I requested him to change my rank to System Administrator and he did it on my request but my real rank was still Highly Skilled. Now as per the latest announcement from Haryana Govt the scale of highly skilled persons has raised but my employer has demoted me to Skilled A rank salary saying that haryana govt has given specified this salary for System Administrators which I have not found anywhere. Please please help me what should I do?
1 Answer from Attorneys
Dear Sir / Madam,
Your appointment in the Highly Skilled category as a Systems Administrator is primarily governed by the Factories Act, 1948 and amendments and revisions from time to time thereafter. In order to establish who is right, you should obtain an official copy of the gazette / notification by the Haryana Government as contained below so as to know the exact applicable salary grade and pay scale pertaining to your position as in the following link
and settle the issue :
http://innov.in/notifications/Nov 15/Minimum Wages-Haryana-wef 1st Nov 2015.pdf
As a guide or benchmark, a Systems Administrator is entitled to a pay scale which is not less than twice the pay scale applicable to a graduate Data Entry Operator.
Related Questions & Answers
Looking for something else?
Get Free Legal Advice
Ask Free Legal Question
Search Past Answers
Afghanistan
Aland Islands
American Samoa
Antarctica
Antigua and Barbuda
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Bosnia and Herzegowina
Bouvet Island
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Brunei Darussalam
Burkina Faso
Cape Verde
Cayman Islands
Central African Republic
Christmas Island
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Cook Islands
Costa Rica
Cote D'ivoire
Czech Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Dominican Republic
East Timor
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Faroe Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
France, Metropolitan
French Guiana
French Polynesia
French Southern Territories
Guadeloupe
Guinea-Bissau
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Kazakhstan
Korea (North)
Korea (South)
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Marshall Islands
Martinique
Mauritania
Montserrat
Mozambique
Netherlands
Netherlands Antilles
New Caledonia
New Zealand (Aotearoa)
Norfolk Island
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestinian Territory
Papua New Guinea
Philippines
Puerto Rico
Russian Federation
S. Georgia and S. Sandwich Islands
Saint Lucia
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Serbia and Montenegro
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Solomon Islands
South Africa
St. Helena
St. Kitts And Nevis
St. Pierre and Miquelon
St. Vincent And The Greadines
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Switzerland
Syrian Arab Republic
Tajikistan
Tanzania, United Republic of
Timor-Leste
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkmenistan
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
United States Minor Outlying Islands
United States Virgin Islands
USSR (former)
Uzbekistan
Vatican City State
Wallis And Futuna Islands
Western Sahara
Yugoslavia
All States
California
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Massachusetts
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Virgin Islands
Washington
West Virginia
Area of Law
All Areas of Law
Administrative Law
Admiralty Law
Appeals and Writs
Aviation Law
Banking Law
Bankruptcy Law
Business Law
Civil Rights Law
Computer & Technology Law
Constitutional Law
Construction Law
Consumer Law
Credit, Debt and Collections Law
Criminal Law
Disability Discrimination Law (ADA)
Drunk Driving & DUI Law
Education Law
Entertainment & Sport Law
Environmental Law
Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption
Family Medical Leave Act
Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation
General Civil Litigation
Health Care Law
Immigration Law
Insurance Law
Intellectual Property
International Law
Investment Law
Juvenile Dependency
Labor and Employment Law
Landlord & Tenants
Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Legal Malpractice Law
Medical Malpractice Law
Military Law
Native American Law
Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender)
Personal Injury Law and Tort Law
Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates
Products Liability
Real Estate and Real Property
Securities Law
Sexual Harassment Law
Social Security Law
Tax and Taxation Law
Telecommunications Law
Traffic Law
Veterans Law
Workers' Compensation Law
Find an Attorney
Attorney name
City and State or ZIP
Find Attorney
Get Free Legal Advice
10,200 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.
Ask Free Legal Question
Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms
Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99
Featured Attorneys
Are you an Attorney?
Earn additional revenue and grow your business.
Legal Questions
Services & Resources
Information
& WebsiteBroker, Inc.
73700 Dinah Shore Dr. Suite 104, Palm Desert, California 92211My name is Ralph and I am 42 years old. I work in a factory that I enjoy very much. On May 27, 1999, I was working on an automatic machine. While working my hand was pulled into the machine and my middle finger on my right hand was ripped off. I had surgery to replace what was left of the finger and now I have a finger that is almost as long as my index finger. Over the years I have been very blessed for a full and healthy life. Most of all, blessed for having my wife. We have grown together and grown in our faith. Life is going to go on with or without my finger. I was not going to let this take over my life and I pushed to go back to work and got light duty. This was where my lesson began. When I returned to work, I started getting comments and some teasing from people asking me if it was worth losing my finger over a pack of cigarettes. Someone started a rumor that I had dropped a pack of cigarettes and reached down to pick them up and that is how I lost my finger. This is not true. This rumor hurt more than losing my finger in that machine. Everyone was called in to a meeting to resolve this matter and get the story straight. I had to share my lesson.We can ruin a person’s life by just a few bad words. There is an old saying that I will never forget: “Words and water are easily poured, but impossible to recover.” So please remember to watch what you say. 【小题1】According to the author, his index finger on his right hand is almost as long as ________.A.his middle finger on his right handB.his middle finger on his left handC.his thumb on his right handD.his thumb on his left hand【小题2】From the second paragraph, we know that the author ________.A.was not happy with a short fingerB.had a good relationship with his wife C.didn’t want to work any more in the factoryD.wanted to find an important job【小题3】The rumour about the author is that he lost his finger ________.A.when he was picking up a pack of cigarettes that had fallen into the machineB.because he was not careful and smoked when running the machineC.because he was too sleepy to operate the machine properlyD.when he was reaching down to fix something wrong in the machine【小题4】Which of the following can match the underlined sentence in the last paragraph?A.Nothing is really beautiful but truth.B.Bad words are meaningless.C.Lies having short legs can do harm.D.Words cut deeper than swords. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:My name is Ralph and I am 42 years old. I work in a factory that I enjoy very much. On May 27, 1999, I was working on an automatic machine. While working my hand was pulled into the machine and my middle finger on my right hand was ripped off. I had surgery to replace what was left of the finger and now I have a finger that is almost as long as my index finger. Over the years I have been very blessed for a full and healthy life. Most of all, blessed for having my wife. We have grown together and grown in our faith. Life is going to go on with or without my finger. I was not going to let this take over my life and I pushed to go back to work and got light duty. This was where my lesson began. When I returned to work, I started getting comments and some teasing from people asking me if it was worth losing my finger over a pack of cigarettes. Someone started a rumor that I had dropped a pack of cigarettes and reached down to pick them up and that is how I lost my finger. This is not true. This rumor hurt more than losing my finger in that machine. Everyone was called in to a meeting to resolve this matter and get the story straight. I had to share my lesson.We can ruin a person’s life by just a few bad words. There is an old saying that I will never forget: “Words and water are easily poured, but impossible to recover.” So please remember to watch what you say. 【小题1】According to the author, his index finger on his right hand is almost as long as ________.A.his middle finger on his right handB.his middle finger on his left handC.his thumb on his right handD.his thumb on his left hand【小题2】From the second paragraph, we know that the author ________.A.was not happy with a short fingerB.had a good relationship with his wife C.didn’t want to work any more in the factoryD.wanted to find an important job【小题3】The rumour about the author is that he lost his finger ________.A.when he was picking up a pack of cigarettes that had fallen into the machineB.because he was not careful and smoked when running the machineC.because he was too sleepy to operate the machine properlyD.when he was reaching down to fix something wrong in the machine【小题4】Which of the following can match the underlined sentence in the last paragraph?A.Nothing is really beautiful but truth.B.Bad words are meaningless.C.Lies having short legs can do harm.D.Words cut deeper than swords.My name is Ralph and I am 42 years old. I work in a factory that I enjoy very much. On May 27, 1999, I was working on an automatic machine. While working my hand was pulled into the machine and my middle finger on my right hand was ripped off. I had surgery to replace what was left of the finger and now I have a finger that is almost as long as my index finger. Over the years I have been very blessed for a full and healthy life. Most of all, blessed for having my wife. We have grown together and grown in our faith. Life is going to go on with or without my finger. I was not going to let this take over my life and I pushed to go back to work and got light duty. This was where my lesson began. When I returned to work, I started getting comments and some teasing from people asking me if it was worth losing my finger over a pack of cigarettes. Someone started a rumor that I had dropped a pack of cigarettes and reached down to pick them up and that is how I lost my finger. This is not true. This rumor hurt more than losing my finger in that machine. Everyone was called in to a meeting to resolve this matter and get the story straight. I had to share my lesson.We can ruin a person’s life by just a few bad words. There is an old saying that I will never forget: “Words and water are easily poured, but impossible to recover.” So please remember to watch what you say. 【小题1】According to the author, his index finger on his right hand is almost as long as ________.A.his middle finger on his right handB.his middle finger on his left handC.his thumb on his right handD.his thumb on his left hand【小题2】From the second paragraph, we know that the author ________.A.was not happy with a short fingerB.had a good relationship with his wife C.didn’t want to work any more in the factoryD.wanted to find an important job【小题3】The rumour about the author is that he lost his finger ________.A.when he was picking up a pack of cigarettes that had fallen into the machineB.because he was not careful and smoked when running the machineC.because he was too sleepy to operate the machine properlyD.when he was reaching down to fix something wrong in the machine【小题4】Which of the following can match the underlined sentence in the last paragraph?A.Nothing is really beautiful but truth.B.Bad words are meaningless.C.Lies having short legs can do harm.D.Words cut deeper than swords.科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】A【小题2】B【小题3】A【小题4】D解析【小题1】推理题,由第一段第三行While working my hand was pulled into the machine and my middle finger on my right hand was ripped off.可知选A【小题2】推理题,由第二段第二行blessed for having my wife. We have grown together and grown in our faith. Life is going to go on with or without my finger.可知选B【小题3】细节题,由第三段的第三行Someone started a rumor that I had dropped a pack of cigarettes and reached down to pick可知选A【小题4】推理题,根据句子的意思,“有些不好的话很伤人”可知选D知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 r.i.s factory 的文章

随机推荐