whole cocktail drugsof c...

The Museum of the American Cocktail — National Food & Beverage Foundation<: Customer Reviews: Life Extension Two-Per-Day Tablets, 120 Count
4.4 out of 5 stars71bySize: 120|Price:$15.99+ Free shippingYour rating()Rate this item
This page works best with JavaScript. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. You can still see all customer reviews for the product.
Top positive review&&#32;
81 people found this helpful
5.0 out of 5 starsCost-effective replacement of a whole cocktail of other supplementsByJ. S. CarrI bought this initially because I have read many wonderful, wonderful things about Life Extension's quality, both in terms of the amounts of vitamins and also in terms of the actual bioavailability of the nutrients. I had been taking a supermarket multi as well as D and B vitamins.When I got this supplement and looked at the amounts my jaw dropped. This multi- not only puts my old multi- to shame (which I expected) but also has 2000 IU of D built right in so I no longer need the additional D vitamin I had been taking to get 2000 IU for my immune system (I work at a desk not to mention I live in Michigan...). It also contains MORE B6 and B12 (a LOT more) than the B vitamin I had been taking. Wow!This leads me to my last nice surprise: While I expected to pay more per dose than I was for my supermarket multi (better vitamin, so duh!) it turns out this costs significantly LESS for a day's vitamins. Plus I am confident that with Life Extension's reputation as one of (if not the) highest quality brands that this is a better source.So with this multi- you get a better rounded set of vitamins with fewer pills and less money than it would otherwise take, and all from a top-tier source. What's not to like?From the label:Serving Size 2 Tablets, Servings per Container 60Vitamin, Amount, % Daily Value------------------------------Vitamin A (as 90% beta-carotene and 10% acetate), 5000 IU, 100%Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, niacinamide, and calcium ascorbates), 500 mg, 833%Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol), 2000 IU, 500%Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate), 200 IU, 667%Thiamin (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl), 75 mg, 5000%Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 50 mg, 2941%Niacin (as niacinamide and niacinamide ascorbate), 50 mg, 250%Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 75 mg, 3750%Folate [from (Citrus limon) extract (peel)], 400 mcg, 100%Vitamin B12 ((as cyanocobalamin), 300 mcg, 5000%Biotin, 300 mcg, 100%Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate), 100 mg, 1000%Calcium (from D-calcium pantothenate and calcium ascorbate), 12 mg, 1%Iodine (from Atlantic kelp), 150 mcg, 100%Magnesium (as magnesium oxide), 100 mg, 25%Zinc (as OptiZinc(R) zinc monomethiunine), 30 mg, 200%Selenium (as L-selenomethionine and sodium selenate), 200 mcg, 286%Manganese (as manganese gluconate), 2 mg, 100%Chromium [as Crominex(R) 3+ chromium stabilized with (Capros(R) standardized Phyllanthus emblica extract (fruit) and PrimaVie(tm) purified and standardized Shilajit)], 200 mcg, 167%Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate), 100 mcg, 133%-----------------Boron (as boron amino acid chelate), 3 mg, **Choline (as choline bitartrate), 20 mg, **Inositol, 50 mg, **Biolut(tm) Marigold Extract (Tagetes erecta) (flowers) [std. to 5 mg trans-lutein and 155 mcg trans-zeaxanthin], 11.12 mg **Lycopene (from Lyc-O-Mato(tm) natural tomato extract), 2 mg, **PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), 30 mg, **-----------------** Daily Value not established
Top critical review&&#32;
One person found this helpful
1.0 out of 5 starsAwful smell and taste!!!ByBrian BedfordThese vitamins stink so bad they smell even before you open the seal. Then you burp that horrid taste. I don't know if they are any good because I can't get past the smell and awful taste. I've taken the LE vitamin D3 and those were just fine, but these are being returned!!
TopMost recentTopFilter by:
ByI bought this initially because I have read many wonderful, wonderful things about Life Extension's quality, both in terms of the amounts of vitamins and also in terms of the actual bioavailability of the nutrients. I had been taking a supermarket multi as well as D and B vitamins.When I got this supplement and looked at the amounts my jaw dropped. This multi- not only puts my old multi- to shame (which I expected) but also has 2000 IU of D built right in so I no longer need the additional D vitamin I had been taking to get 2000 IU for my immune system (I work at a desk not to mention I live in Michigan...). It also contains MORE B6 and B12 (a LOT more) than the B vitamin I had been taking. Wow!This leads me to my last nice surprise: While I expected to pay more per dose than I was for my supermarket multi (better vitamin, so duh!) it turns out this costs significantly LESS for a day's vitamins. Plus I am confident that with Life Extension's reputation as one of (if not the) highest quality brands that this is a better source.So with this multi- you get a better rounded set of vitamins with fewer pills and less money than it would otherwise take, and all from a top-tier source. What's not to like?From the label:Serving Size 2 Tablets, Servings per Container 60Vitamin, Amount, % Daily Value------------------------------Vitamin A (as 90% beta-carotene and 10% acetate), 5000 IU, 100%Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, niacinamide, and calcium ascorbates), 500 mg, 833%Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol), 2000 IU, 500%Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate), 200 IU, 667%Thiamin (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl), 75 mg, 5000%Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 50 mg, 2941%Niacin (as niacinamide and niacinamide ascorbate), 50 mg, 250%Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 75 mg, 3750%Folate [from (Citrus limon) extract (peel)], 400 mcg, 100%Vitamin B12 ((as cyanocobalamin), 300 mcg, 5000%Biotin, 300 mcg, 100%Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate), 100 mg, 1000%Calcium (from D-calcium pantothenate and calcium ascorbate), 12 mg, 1%Iodine (from Atlantic kelp), 150 mcg, 100%Magnesium (as magnesium oxide), 100 mg, 25%Zinc (as OptiZinc(R) zinc monomethiunine), 30 mg, 200%Selenium (as L-selenomethionine and sodium selenate), 200 mcg, 286%Manganese (as manganese gluconate), 2 mg, 100%Chromium [as Crominex(R) 3+ chromium stabilized with (Capros(R) standardized Phyllanthus emblica extract (fruit) and PrimaVie(tm) purified and standardized Shilajit)], 200 mcg, 167%Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate), 100 mcg, 133%-----------------Boron (as boron amino acid chelate), 3 mg, **Choline (as choline bitartrate), 20 mg, **Inositol, 50 mg, **Biolut(tm) Marigold Extract (Tagetes erecta) (flowers) [std. to 5 mg trans-lutein and 155 mcg trans-zeaxanthin], 11.12 mg **Lycopene (from Lyc-O-Mato(tm) natural tomato extract), 2 mg, **PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), 30 mg, **-----------------** Daily Value not establishedSort by:
ByI've always taken a multi vitamin. I cannot afford the Life Extension 9 per day product, but next to that, this is the best multi on the market.It covers all the basics and adds some extras that most major multi's are lacking, like (expensive!) Alpha Lipoic Acid, iodine, and a medically significant dose of Vitamin D. It's very high in B vitamins, obviating the need for additional B-complex, and has a good mix of different kinds of vitamin C.It cannot be be beat for the price, and I trust the Life Extension foundation's quality. They don't use questionable ingredients from cheap sources. They research all of their ingredients and deliver a product that I'm confident is of excellent quality.I only take vitamins 5 days per week. It's unclear whether taking them daily for year and years without a break is a good idea. One of these bottles lasts well over two months, so it's only $8 per month or less, which is a fantastic bargain.It's fabulous that the LEF came out with a product that is affordable and high quality for those of us who cannot obtain their more famous multi-vitamin formula. This is the multi I recommend to all of my family and friends. For the price, it really can't be beat!Oh! And I strongly prefer the capsules over the tablets, not just in this vitamin but in all vitamins, because capsules are much easier to breakdown and then absorb in the stomach. Also, my husband hated the size and smell of the tablets, which were much larger than the capsules. The capsules don't have the strong off-putting vitamin smell. But they also cost a tiny bit more than the tablets.Sort by:
ByI think this is a great product. The dose of ALL vitamins is much higher than the dose of ANY other brand, Mega Man, one per day, centrum. The dose of vitamins in those brands is a small fraction of what you get with the two per day.Sort by:
By|Life Extension is THE BEST company. I was thrilled to find on Amazon. I am a member of Life Extension and sometimes want to save on my shipping. I prefer the caps but pills work just as well. I recommend all LET supplements and saving on shipping with Amazon. Do not hesitate to purchase and save a few dollars!!!Sort by:
By|These vitamins blow anything that they sell at target out of the water (i love target).
Ever since I discovered these about 3 years ago, i haven't really gotten sick much.
They're kinda big, but it's pretty normal for a multivitamin.
I am a 31 year old male and I highly recommend these if you want to feel healthier and be healthier.Sort by:
By|This is a great multi for anxiety. It has a calming feeling. I got no breakouts from it.The only downside for me is a blood test confirmed the Vitamin D did not absorb (I had one before and after) despite the 2000 IU dose. (I took less than this before and had high levels).
So I have to add in another supplement.Sort by:
ByThese vitamins seem good in quality. I recently traveled with these vitamins and they made my entire suitcase smell awful, to the point where my sister thought there was something unsanitary in her guest room. We searched the room and realized it was the vitamins. I keep them in my refrigerator and never noticed the odor at home. I use other vitamins from life extension and never encountered such a foul odor (except for krill oil).Sort by:
By|THE best vitamin I have ever taken.
It seems to include very bio-available forms of most nutrients, and I prefer taking one tablet in the morning and one at night rather than those vitamin packets that contain a handful of pills or the one-per-day variety.
I am a repeat customer of this product and have recently convinced my husband to take them, too.Sort by:
By|Good vitamins. Can only tolerate 1 a day though. But have felt better after just taking 1 a day for the last 3 weeks. Life extension puts a out a great quality product and the magazine they send out to their customers is fantastic.Sort by:
By|My holistic doctor ordered that I be taking a twice a day multi-vitamin (for better absorption) and recommended this pharmaceutical-grade brand. I have been very pleased with it so far. I only gave it four stars because of the flavor of the pills themselves. It's terrible. Luckily you just swallow them quickly and it goes away.... But it's bad. Other than that I will order again since there aren't many &#34;twice a day&#34; multi-vitamins out there.Sort by:
Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question.
You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers also viewed these itemsbyLife Extension$16.50byLife Extension$17.00byLife Extension$33.98byLife Extension$33.08Send us feedbackHow can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Sponsored Links&
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.Translations
Proposed pesticide ban gathers scientific support as some experts call for more field studies.
Article tools
Across the globe, hives of honeybees are dying off in a phenomenon known as colony collapse disorder. Among the proposed culprits are pesticides called neonicotinoids, which are supposed to be less harmful to beneficial insects and mammals than the previous generation of chemicals.
Debate over neonicotinoids has become fierce. Conservation groups and politicians in the United Kingdom and Europe have called for a ban on their use, but agricultural organizations have said that farmers will face hardship if that happens. Next Monday, European governments will take a crucial vote on whether to severely restrict or ban three neonicotinoids.
Scientists, meanwhile, are vigorously debating whether the studies on neonicotinoids and the health of honeybees and bumblebees, mostly conducted in laboratory settings, accurately reflect what is happening to bees in the field.
Neonicotinoids, which poison insects by binding to receptors in their nervous systems, have been in use since the late 1990s. They are applied to crop seeds such as maize (corn) and soya beans, and permeate the plants, protecting them from insect pests. But a growing body of research suggests that sublethal exposure to the pesticides in nectar and pollen may be harming bees too — by disrupting their ability to gather pollen, return to their hives and reproduce (see ).
The past year has seen a raft of papers about the effects of neonicotinoid pesticides on bees. Scientists are debating their real-world significance.
20 April 2012: Honeybees in French fields exposed to thiamethoxam show impaired homing back to hives. And bumblebee colonies exposed to “field-realistic levels” of imidacloprid in labs show a decreased growth rate and an 85% reduction in new queen production, compared with controls.
21 October 2012: “Field-level exposure” of bumblebees to imidacloprid and a non-neonicotinoid insecticide impairs foraging, increases worker-bee mortality and reduces colony success.
7 February 2013: “Prolonged exposure” to imidacloprid and another insecticide impairs learning and memory in honeybees.
27 March 2013: Lab study shows that imidacloprid, clothianidin and an organophosphate pesticide block firing of honeybee brain cells, especially when combined.
March 2013:“No clear consistent relationships” seen between neonicotinoid levels and colony mass or production of new queens by bumblebee hives.
In January, the European Food Safety Authority in Parma, Italy, Europe’s food-chain risk-assessment body, concluded that three commonly used neonicotinoids — clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiamethoxam — should not be used where they might end up in crops that attract bees, such as oilseed rape and maize. The European Commission then proposed a two-year ban on the use of these chemicals in such crops. That proposal failed to gain sufficient support last month in a vote by European Union member states, but on 29 April, ministers will vote again.
Some scientists say that there is insufficient evidence to implicate these compounds. Ecotoxicologist James Cresswell, who studies pollination at the University of Exeter, UK, says that “one can still equivocate over the evidence” because many of the lab studies that have shown harm may have fed bees unrealistically high doses of neonicotinoids. The problem, he adds, is that data are lacking on what doses bees actually encounter in the field. “Everyone is focused on hazard,” he says. “We know there is hazard there. But risk is a product of hazard and exposure.”
However, David Goulson, a bee researcher at the University of Sussex, UK, thinks that most of the major studies have used realistic doses. “I couldn’t say I am certain these impacts really occur in the field, but it seems to me very likely that they do,” he says.
Even if neonicotinoids are not directly responsible for colony collapse disorder, they could play a part by making bees more susceptible to the parasitic mite Varroa destructor and the parasitic fungus Nosema apis, both prime suspects, adds Christian Krupke, an entomologist at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. He says that, on the basis of current evidence, neonicotinoid use should be restricted immediately as a precaution.
One of the few studies to be conducted in the field served only to stoke the controversy after its release in March. Conducted by an agency within the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), it exposed 20 bumblebee colonies at three sites to crops grown from untreated, clothianidin-treated or imidacloprid-treated seeds. It found “no clear consistent relationships” between pesticide levels and harm to the insects.
DEFRA also reviewed the body of evidence on neonicotinoids and concluded that, although there might be “rare effects of neonicotinoids on bees in the field”, these do not occur under normal circumstances.
Experts lined up to criticize the field study. Neuroscientist Christopher Connolly of the University of Dundee, UK, who has studied the effect of neonicotinoids in bee brains, says that the control colonies themselves were contaminated with the pesticides, and that thiamethoxam was detected in two of the three bee groups tested, even though it was not used in the experiment. Goulson agrees, saying of the study:“In many ways, it was appalling.” No one from DEFRA was available to talk to Nature.
Goulson and others say that intensive environ-mental monitoring of neonicotinoids and long-term field studies of their effects are sorely needed. He points to a 2012 study that found neonicotinoids in dandelions growing near treated crops, suggesting that the pesticides can spread from their intended target. “This debate has focused very heavily on bees. Perhaps we’re missing a slightly bigger picture,” he says. “For 20 years we’ve been using neonicotinoids without really assessing what impact they might be having in the wider environment.”
Journal name:
Date published:
(25 April 2013)
Henry, M. et al. Science 336, 348&#x02013;350 (2012).
Whitehorn, P. R., O’Connor, S., Wackers, F. L. & Goulson, D. Science 336, 351&#x02013;352 (2012).
Gill, R. J., Ramos-Rodriguez, O. & Raine, N. E. Nature 491, 105&#x02013;108 (2012).
Williamson, S. M. & Wright, G. A. J. Exp. Biol.
Palmer, M. J. et al. Nature Commun. 4, 1634 (2013).
Thompson, H. et al. Effects of Neonicotinoid Seed Treatments on Bumble Bee Colonies Under Field Conditions (Food and Environment Research Agency, 2013).
Krupke, C. H., Hunt, G. J., Eitzer, B. D., Andino, G. & Given, K. PLoS ONE 7, e29268 (2012).
For the best commenting experience,
and agree to our . You will be re-directed back to this page where you will see comments updating in real-time and have the ability to recommend comments to other users.
Jim Papadopoulos has spent a lifetime pondering the maths of bikes in motion. Now his work has found fresh momentum.
Top Content - Article Page
Newsletter
The best science news from Nature and beyond, direct to your inbox every day.
Your browser does not support iframes.
Gene-editing technique to treat lung cancer is due to be tested in people in August.
Nearly 100 previously unidentified brain areas revealed by examination of the cerebral cortex.
The soaring popularity of gene editing has made celebrities of the principal investigators who pioneered the field — but their graduate students and postdocs are often overlooked.
Political turmoil spreads to education sector.
This week, the perils of tech in health, tumour fighting bacteria, and the science of what sounds good.
Science jobs from nature jobs
The Collaborative Innovation Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases (CCID)
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
IDG/McGovern Institute for Brain Research at Peking University
Loyola University Chicago
DUKE-NUS Medical school
Science events from nature events
& 52 Upper St, London, United Kingdom

我要回帖

更多关于 cocktail drugs 的文章

随机推荐