he had his cameradriving less...

Can you imagine the great difficulty he had his driving test last week?A.passB.to passC.passingD.passed 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Can you imagine the great difficulty he had ________ his driving test last week?A.passB.to passC.passingD.passed
C试题分析:本题实际上考察的是固定句式:have some difficulty in doing sth做某事有困难;本句中把名词difficulty放在了前面,作为先行词,后面使用定语从句修饰先行词,在difficulty后面省略了that,that指代先行词作为动词had的宾语。句义:你能想象上个星期他通过驾驶考试的困难吗?故C正确。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:单选题
---I had practiced my spoken English, but still failed in the oral test. ---Don’t be discouraged. _____ and you will surely pass it. A.Make a bit more effortB.To make a bit more C.Making a bit more effortD.If you make a bit more effort
—Nancy, have you gone over your lessons after school? — Not yet. — Please remember: __________A.Many hands make light work.B.Rome wasn’t built in a day.C.Great minds think alike.D.Make hay while the sun shines
_____ playing dumb with teachers. They know very well their students.A.It’s no useB.There is no doubtC.It’s no wonderD.There is no need
Stand over there ______ you will get a better view of the whole city.A.orB.thoughC.butD.and
“It isn’t the first time I ________ at home,” he said frankly.A.had spoiledB.have spoiledC.had been spoiledD.have been spoiled
Nowadays we take___ exercise a day as we need because of widely used automobiles.A.less than halfB.less than as half asC.less than half as muchD.half less than
Will future scientific discoveries ______ for us to live a much longer life?A.be made possibleB.make possibleC.make it possibleD.be made it possible
— Oh, how depressed! I’m bound to lose to him in tomorrow’s competition. —Cheer up! In fact, he is _________ than you.A.not more nervousB.no more nervousC.no less nervousD.a little less nervous
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号A driver died when his 4×4 was swept away by a flash flood as he tried to cross a ford during torrential storms.
The man’s Mitsubishi Shogun was swamped by the torrent and dragged downstream in the village of Chew Stoke, Somerset, on Thursday night.
Police and fire crews rushed to the scene and pulled the man out through the sunroof but he had suffered a cardiac arrest and was unconscious.
Police stand watch at the river where a man died after his Mitsubishi, pictured, was washed away in torrential rain
The man’s Mitsubishi Shogun lies empty after it was swamped by the torrent and dragged downstream in the village of Chew Stoke, Somerset
Paramedics attempted to resuscitate him at the scene but he died during the journey to the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
It was the second vehicle to be swept away by the torrent within 24 hours after the driver of a 4×4 had to be rescued by residents the previous day.
Chew Stoke residents said they believed the man was simply visiting the village as locals are “well aware” of the risks.
Grandmother Cynthia Troup, who has lived in the village for 38 years with her husband Andrew, said: “As locals we treat the ford with respect, we would never drive through it when the river levels are like this.
“We don’t go over it when it is too deep and often on a very wet day it will be. I’m pretty sure it was not somebody local because they would have known.
“I’ve head it was a relative of somebody local in the village.
“The whole community is in a bit of shock. It is a real trauma I think and it will take a long time to get over.”
The ford in Chew Stoke where the driver was caught up in flash floods on Thursday night
This Google maps shows the ford where the driver was washed into a river (left) at Chew Stoke, Somerset and the point where his car got stuck under a bridge (right)
David Smith, 76, who lives next to the ford in Pilgrims Way, had to rescue another 4×4 from the water just hours before the tragedy.
He said: “A Land Rover came past and I flagged him down and suggested he ought not to try and cross the ford but he did and got swept away in the middle of it.
“Fortunately his vehicle was caught by one of the bollards on the road and he was able to climb out of the window onto the roof.
“So we tied a rope around him from my garden just in case he was swept away and sort of secured him until the fire brigade arrived 20 minutes later.
“Fortunately he was rescued, it was a crazy, crazy thing to do.”
The victim’s car was today still abandoned under a small wooden pedestrian bridge, with a window on the driver’s side open.
A marked police presence had cordoned off the area in the middle of a group of houses and fire and rescue personnel were also present.
An abandoned car sits in floodwater near Redmarley , Gloucestershire, today after floods hit the south west
The scene at Tewkesbury Abbey this morning, as it is once again surrounded by floodwaters
Mr Smith added: “This is the first time we have experienced this sort of flooding. My garage has been flooded twice in 48 hours and we are 4ft above the road line.
“We are flooded regularly – you would expect that because there is a ford here – but nothing like the last few months, this year has been particularly wet.
“Because the river has three entry points into the road and they sort of come together and cause quite substantial flooding.
“The speed of the water was quite horrendous, it really was, I’d seen nothing like it.”
Petra Lowe, 43, said another local resident had spotted the car wedged under the bridge and called the emergency services at around 9pm.
She said: “Somebody in the village was out with their son and realised that the car was stuck but I don’t think at the time they knew there was anybody in the car.
“Then they realised there was and they alerted emergency services. We live just up around the corner and we could hear an awful lot of commotion.
“He was alive when he came out of the car I think but by the time he got to hospital he had died.
“Due to the bridge they couldn’t get out of the car, so however the car was fixed they couldn’t actually get out. It is absolutely horrendous.”
She added that she thought that the woman who found the vehicle knew the victim.
“I don’t know if he was local but I have the feeling, by the way everybody is, that whoever found him knew who it was.
“The thing is we have seen someone swim from a car last year and it’s frightening people still try and drive through.
“Very quickly you are taken away and if you don’t realise what the current is like it is very dangerous.”
A spokesman for Great Western Ambulance Service said: “The man was released from the car. At that point he was in cardiac arrest, unconscious and not breathing.
“A decision was made to attempt resuscitation. Advanced resuscitation techniques began and continued en route to hospital.
“During the journey it was recognised that life was extinct.”
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said formal identification of the victim had not yet taken place.
He added: “We are still down at the scene sorting out the recovery of the vehicle. We do not have any details to release about the victim at this time.
“We are trying to work out the circumstances surrounding the death and would ask anyone with information to contact us on 101.”
Stormy weather caused havoc across Somerset, Wiltshire, Bristol, Devon and Cornwall, with roads blocked by floods, rubble, fallen trees and power cables.
Rail passengers, who have been hit with delays across the country, have been warned to expect further transport chaos.
In Bath,a landslip blocked Upper Camden Place, while Pulteney Weir disappeared under the huge volume of water.
Cheddar Gorge was also closed, as drivers were getting punctures in their tyres caused by stones washed into the road.
Kelvin Packer, highways manager at Bath and North East Somerset council, said it had been “a battle” to keep roads open across the region.
Western Power Distribution confirmed 2,500 customers in the South West and 500 in Wales were without power due to high winds bringing down power lines.
Around 90 flood warnings were issued for rivers as well as more than 200 less serious flood alerts.
The Met Office said some areas saw up to 60mm of rain on Thursday, causing river levels to rise and flooding.
Forecasters are predicting more heavy rain and gales for the weekend and Monday in the Bristol area.
Strong winds – which reached more than 40mph on Thursday – are expected to return on Saturday.
Emergency services initially struggled to discover the 4×4 car the elderly victim was driving – as it was completely submerged.
Duncan Massey, from Avon and Somerset Search and Rescue, said: “It was quite difficult trying to find and locate him.
“We knew where the car was in the water but we couldn’t access it. It was just dark, flooded and the car had been swept away.
“We were just desperately trying to find where this person was.
“The fire and rescue service were here with boats and waders and swimming people just trying to find where he was and rescue him as best we could.
“The water now would be up to my waist, access was terrible and the water was like a raging torrent.
“It was nearly impossible to get into the water and it was very, very deep and very swift flowing and dark.
“It was gruelling, absolutely gruelling. It was cold, wet and the middle of November. Not ideal conditions for a rescue.
“It is always horrible and you feel for the family, the relatives and the people who do they best they can to try and rescue.”
Related posts:
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.
Privacy guaranteed. We never share your info.
How do I become a nurse practitioner? If you’re wondering,…
With January being prime time for booking your next holiday,…
To coincide with one of the most auspicious months of…
We at GameVillage ensure that every month, amidst all the…
Did you know that an employee’s emotional intelligence greatly influences…
Among the many executives who have been leading the mobile…
Nevis is delighted to welcome Prince Harry back to the island where he holidayed as a boy with his mother, Princess Diana
Baroness Caroline Cox, U.S Bishop Stuart Ruch III, and Humanitarian…
Earlier this month, a lowlife thief was caught on CCTV wandering into a corner shop and stealing the tin containing ?35 of donations intended for injured servicemen
2017 SWNS. All rights reserved.完形填空。
I have been seeing more and more patients who want to run away from city life, air pollution, and illnesses which they suspect (怀疑)
from polluted environments and bad food. One professional man, for example,
that he and his wife had moved to a suburban community and drove to work over the
20 years-they went to separate places and drove two cars. They were driving to a city
grew out to meet them. The population grew larger. When they started driving, his journey
less than 30 20 years later, the trip each way had 60 sometimes,when the traffic
bad, they each
90 minutes or more in the car, one-way. Both had become progressively ill. Both decided they
to a small town and never drive again.
The decision
drive one or more cars every day, long distances
may have been a common one
working people in North America in the last 40 years. Cities
larger. The development of suburbs often placed homes
13 massive road construction encouraged people
cars. It was clear to this couple(夫妇) that
had been a terrible mistake and they should stop driving to work.
(
)2.A. explained(
)3.A. other(
)4.A. that(
)5.A. took(
)6.A. were(
)7.A. took(
)8.A. moved(
)9.A. for(
)10.A. to drive(
)11.A. between(
)12.A. were(
)13.A. near(
)14.A. to drive(
)15.A. there

B. returnB. toldB. passingB. whoB. spentB. wasB. costB. movesB. toB. drivingB. duringB. turnedB. next to B. drivingB. they
C. causeC. complainedC. pastC. whereC. costC. hadC. wentC. has been movingC. withC. workingC. amongC. grewC. far fromC. driveC. one
D. comeD. worriedD. followingD. it D. wentD. would beD. spentD. would moveD. of D. to work D. againstD. lookedD. far awayD. would driveD. it - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:完形填空。
I have been seeing more and more patients who want to run away from city life, air pollution, and illnesses which they suspect (怀疑)
that he and his wife had moved to a suburban community and drove to work over the
20 years-they went to separate places and drove two cars. They were driving to a city
grew out to meet them. The population grew larger. When they started driving, his journey
less than 30 20 years later, the trip each way had 60 sometimes,when the traffic
bad, they each
90 minutes or more in the car, one-way. Both had become progressively ill. Both decided they
The decision
13 massive road construction encouraged people
(
)2.A. explained(
)3.A. other(
)4.A. that(
)5.A. took(
)6.A. were(
)7.A. took(
)8.A. moved(
)9.A. for(
)10.A. to drive(
)11.A. between(
)12.A. were(
)13.A. near(
)14.A. to drive(
)15.A. there

B. returnB. toldB. passingB. whoB. spentB. wasB. costB. movesB. toB. drivingB. duringB. turnedB. next to B. drivingB. they
C. causeC. complainedC. pastC. whereC. costC. hadC. wentC. has been movingC. withC. workingC. amongC. grewC. far fromC. driveC. one
D. comeD. worriedD. followingD. it D. wentD. would beD. spentD. would moveD. of D. to work D. againstD. lookedD. far awayD. would driveD. it完形填空。
bad, they each
The decision
massive road construction encouraged people
(
)2.A. explained(
)3.A. other(
)4.A. that(
)5.A. took(
)6.A. were(
)7.A. took(
)8.A. moved(
)9.A. for(
)10.A. to drive(
)11.A. between(
)12.A. were(
)13.A. near(
)14.A. to drive(
)15.A. there

D. comeD. worriedD. followingD. it D. wentD. would beD. spentD. would moveD. of D. to work D. againstD. lookedD. far awayD. would driveD. it科目:最佳答案1-5 DACAA6-10 BDDBD11-15 CCCAD解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心One Sunday morning, when I was driving along a road, I saw something I couldn’t believe. A little girl, who was less than two years old, was pushing her stroller (婴儿车) across the road. The traffic was not heavy that morning.I stopped my car at once and ran toward her. This little girl knew enough to run from a stranger. I tried to catch her in order that I could get her out of the road.Suddenly her father came running down a hill across the road from where I had parked my car. He ran right to her and caught her up, saying “bad girl” to her. I picked up the stroller and gave it to him. The father grabbed the stroller and walked toward where he came from without a word.I went back and sat in my car for a few minutes with my son. My hands were shaking and tears were about to run out of my eyes. “Do you feel cold, Mom?” asked my son. I just shook my head.After this happened, I thought about how thankful I am. Even though the father didn’t say “Thank you”, I feel that I did something good. Doing something for someone else is pleasing, even when it’s only a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I didn’t really “save” her, but I feel like it was important that I happened to be there. It is sad that I was the only one who stopped. It really made me a little disappointed that no one else stopped to help.【小题1】 The little girl ran away from the author because _____.A.she wanted to look for her fatherB.she wanted to stay on the roadC.she needed to catch her strollerD.she didn’t know the author at all【小题2】When the author saw the little girl, _____.A.there weren’t many cars on the roadB.the girl feared to go across the roadC.the girl had lost her wayD.she was driving to work in a hurry【小题3】 What can we learn from the passage?A.The author shared her experience with her son.B.The author felt sad that no one else helped the girl.C.The girl’s father didn’t like the girl at all.D.The girl’s father had wanted to thank the author.【小题4】Why were the author’s hands shaking?A.Because the weather was very cold at that time.B.Because she failed to be understood by the girl’s father. C.Because she was not feeling well. D.Because she was too excited to keep calm. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:One Sunday morning, when I was driving along a road, I saw something I couldn’t believe. A little girl, who was less than two years old, was pushing her stroller (婴儿车) across the road. The traffic was not heavy that morning.I stopped my car at once and ran toward her. This little girl knew enough to run from a stranger. I tried to catch her in order that I could get her out of the road.Suddenly her father came running down a hill across the road from where I had parked my car. He ran right to her and caught her up, saying “bad girl” to her. I picked up the stroller and gave it to him. The father grabbed the stroller and walked toward where he came from without a word.I went back and sat in my car for a few minutes with my son. My hands were shaking and tears were about to run out of my eyes. “Do you feel cold, Mom?” asked my son. I just shook my head.After this happened, I thought about how thankful I am. Even though the father didn’t say “Thank you”, I feel that I did something good. Doing something for someone else is pleasing, even when it’s only a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I didn’t really “save” her, but I feel like it was important that I happened to be there. It is sad that I was the only one who stopped. It really made me a little disappointed that no one else stopped to help.【小题1】 The little girl ran away from the author because _____.A.she wanted to look for her fatherB.she wanted to stay on the roadC.she needed to catch her strollerD.she didn’t know the author at all【小题2】When the author saw the little girl, _____.A.there weren’t many cars on the roadB.the girl feared to go across the roadC.the girl had lost her wayD.she was driving to work in a hurry【小题3】 What can we learn from the passage?A.The author shared her experience with her son.B.The author felt sad that no one else helped the girl.C.The girl’s father didn’t like the girl at all.D.The girl’s father had wanted to thank the author.【小题4】Why were the author’s hands shaking?A.Because the weather was very cold at that time.B.Because she failed to be understood by the girl’s father. C.Because she was not feeling well. D.Because she was too excited to keep calm.One Sunday morning, when I was driving along a road, I saw something I couldn’t believe. A little girl, who was less than two years old, was pushing her stroller (婴儿车) across the road. The traffic was not heavy that morning.I stopped my car at once and ran toward her. This little girl knew enough to run from a stranger. I tried to catch her in order that I could get her out of the road.Suddenly her father came running down a hill across the road from where I had parked my car. He ran right to her and caught her up, saying “bad girl” to her. I picked up the stroller and gave it to him. The father grabbed the stroller and walked toward where he came from without a word.I went back and sat in my car for a few minutes with my son. My hands were shaking and tears were about to run out of my eyes. “Do you feel cold, Mom?” asked my son. I just shook my head.After this happened, I thought about how thankful I am. Even though the father didn’t say “Thank you”, I feel that I did something good. Doing something for someone else is pleasing, even when it’s only a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I didn’t really “save” her, but I feel like it was important that I happened to be there. It is sad that I was the only one who stopped. It really made me a little disappointed that no one else stopped to help.【小题1】 The little girl ran away from the author because _____.A.she wanted to look for her fatherB.she wanted to stay on the roadC.she needed to catch her strollerD.she didn’t know the author at all【小题2】When the author saw the little girl, _____.A.there weren’t many cars on the roadB.the girl feared to go across the roadC.the girl had lost her wayD.she was driving to work in a hurry【小题3】 What can we learn from the passage?A.The author shared her experience with her son.B.The author felt sad that no one else helped the girl.C.The girl’s father didn’t like the girl at all.D.The girl’s father had wanted to thank the author.【小题4】Why were the author’s hands shaking?A.Because the weather was very cold at that time.B.Because she failed to be understood by the girl’s father. C.Because she was not feeling well. D.Because she was too excited to keep calm.科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】D 【小题2】A【小题3】B【小题4】B解析试题分析:不到两岁的小女孩独自推着婴儿车过马路,作者伸手相助,但却遭到小女孩父亲的误解。【小题1】推理判断题。根据文章第二段的“This little girl knew enough to run from a stranger.”可知,小女孩之所以要跑开是因为她不认识作者。选D。【小题2】细节理解题。根据文章第一段的“It was Sunday morning and traffic was not heavy.”可知:路上没有很多的车辆,A项的描述正确。【小题3】推理判断题。根据最后一段可知,It is sad that I was the only one who stopped.尽管作者没有能够真正救下这个小女孩,但她让事情没有往坏的方面发展,并且她对别人的漠然感到难过,选B。【小题4】推理判断题。根据第三段可知,小女孩的父亲误解了作者在公路上追逐小女孩的行为,所以作者感到非常委屈,气得双手发抖。故选B项。考点:考查故事类短文知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 he had his camera 的文章

随机推荐