A lof people think e10 a22...

Chinese people think a lot about food…(完形填空及答案)_英语完形填空_漠阳资源网
最新公告:
&&没有公告
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
Chinese&people&think&a&lot&about&food…(完形填空及答案)
&&&热&&&&&★★★
Chinese&people&think&a&lot&about&food…(完形填空及答案)
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 15:00:37
(山西省山大附中2010届高三12月月考)Chinese people think a lot about food.In fact,I think that they are sometimes obsessed(痴迷) with it.My first experience of this&& 16&& of Chinese culture came at a banquet during a trip to Beijing in 1998.I had eaten Chinese food often,but I could not have& 17& how fabulous(丰盛的)a real Chinese banquet could be.The first six or seven dishes seemed to& 18& the table, with plates dangerously&& 19& one on top of another.I thought this vast&&& 20& of food was the total number of dishes to be served,and I started eating&&& 21& .Everyone else just&& 22& a bit of each dish and then put their chopsticks down,continuing to chat.“They can't have very big appetites,” I thought.To my surprise,more dishes&& 23& ,plus soups,side dishes,and desserts.There was enough to feed a whole army.No&& 24& my fellow guests had had only a few& 25& of each dish;they knew what was still to come.But I was already so&& 26& that I could only&&& 27& as the banquet continued.Another aspect of“food culture”is that the Chinese seem to eat almost every part of every animal――much to the&&& 28&& of many westerners.Stomach,ears,tongue,tail,hoof and lungs are all likely to&& 29&& on the dinner table in front of you.The first time I saw a three-year-old kid& 30&& chewing a chicken's head I had bad dreams for weeks.These days I enjoy that sort of food myself. 31& ,there are other kinds of foods that have taken longer for me to& 32& .The infamous(臭名昭著的) choudoufu is a(n)&& 33& .(The name says it all:“stinky tofu”.) Just when I got used to it,& I found another& 34& on a trip to Hunan:deep-fried choudoufu,a horrible black substance that looked and&&& 35& about as appetizing as a burnt tennis shoe.Maybe I'll get used to that, too―some day.16.A.problem&&&&&&& B.aspect&&&&&&&&&& C.situation&&& D.appearance17.A.introduced&&&&& B.distinguished&&&& C.imagined&&& D.instructed18.A.fill&&&&&&&&&&& B.destroy&&&&&&&&& C.furnish&&&&& D.evaluated19.A.decorated&&&&& B.furnished&&&&&&&& C.balanced&&&& D.measured20.A.preparation&&&& B.wave&&&&&&&&&&& C.quality&&&&& D.pleasure21.A.hurriedly&&&&&& B.secretly&&&&&&&&& C.gladly&&&&& D.greedily22.A.looked&&&&&&&& B.tested&&&&&&&&&& C.tasted&&&&&& D.checked23.A.disappeared&&& B.arrived&&&&&&&&&& C.escaped&&&& D.charged24.A.wonder&&&&&&& B.doubt&&&&&&&&&&& C.use&&&&&&&& D.problem25.A.sights&&&&&&&& B.examinations&&&& C.appreciations&&& D.bits26.A.hungry&&&&&&& B.angry&&&&&&&&&& C.full&&&&&&&&&&&& D.disappointed27.A.complain&&&&& B.classified&&&&&&& C.wait&&&&&&&&&&&& D.watch28.A.taste&&&&&&&& B.horror&&&&&&&&& C.belief&&&&&&&&&&& D.nature29.A.put up&&&&&&& B.pick up&&&&&&&& C.make up&&&&&&&&& D.end up30.A.generally&&&& B.regretfully&&&&&&& C.cheerfully&&&&&&& D.helplessly31.A.Therefore&&&& B.However&&&&&&& C.Somehow&&&&&&& D.Besides32.A.refuse&&&&&&& B.adopt&&&&&&&&& C.accept&&&&&&&&&& D.cook33.A.example&&&&&& B.excuse&&&&&&& C.reason&&&&&&&&&& D.cause34.A.experience&&& B.variety&&&&&&&& C.beauty&&&&&&&&&& D.interest35.A.fried&&&&&&&& B.advertised&&&&& C.sold&&&&&&&&&&&& D.smelled答案& 16―20 BCACB 21―25 DCBAD& 26―30CDBDC& 31―35 BCABD
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一个文章: 下一个文章:
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)A lot of people think that a confident person is someone who
not liable to error in judgment or action
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码critical thinking Flashcards -
Please sign in to share these flashcards. We'll bring you back here when you are done.
We weren't able to detect the audio language on your flashcards. Please select the correct language below.
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Japanese, Romaji
Math / Symbols
Azerbaijani
Belarusian
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Indonesian
Japanese, Romaji
Lithuanian
Luba-Kasai
Luxembourgish
Macedonian
Marshallese
Math / Symbols
Other / Unknown
Portuguese
Tohono O'odham
Vietnamese
Western Frisian
audio not yet available for this language
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Japanese, Romaji
Math / Symbols
Azerbaijani
Belarusian
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Indonesian
Japanese, Romaji
Lithuanian
Luba-Kasai
Luxembourgish
Macedonian
Marshallese
Math / Symbols
Other / Unknown
Portuguese
Tohono O'odham
Vietnamese
Western Frisian
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Japanese, Romaji
Math / Symbols
Azerbaijani
Belarusian
Chinese, Pinyin
Chinese, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional
Indonesian
Japanese, Romaji
Lithuanian
Luba-Kasai
Luxembourgish
Macedonian
Marshallese
Math / Symbols
Other / Unknown
Portuguese
Tohono O'odham
Vietnamese
Western Frisian
Save changes
&&&critical thinking
Critical Thinking
Please sign in to add to folders.
You have created 2 folders. Please upgrade to Cram Premium to create hundreds of folders!
Toggle Off
Alphabetize
Toggle Off
Front First
Toggle Off
Both Sides
Toggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
Play button
Play button
Click to flip
Click or Press Spacebar to Begin &
26 Cards in this Set
3rd side (hint)
arthritis pain & weather
No study using objective measures of inflammation has found positive results
Studies using subjective measures of pain have been conflicting: effects of barometric pressure, humidity, time delay on pain
Studies (2 bullets)
The &Mozart Effect&
Belief listening to classical music will improve intelligence of children, unlock one's creative spirit, heal one's body.
Actual study showed IQ points raised only 8-9 points, only if tested immediately.
Example of pseudoscience
Source Amnesia/Cryptomnesia
Brain stores factual data somewhat differently than the info about where, how and from whom we learned.
People believe they are repeating reliable scientific findings when they aren't.
Brain imaging techniques
EEG - electroencephalogram
CAT - computerized axial tomography
PET - positron emission tomography
fMRI - functional magnetic resonance imaging
MEG - magnetoencephalography
rCBF - regional cerebral bloodflow
meg pet cat every Friday regularly
Localization of Function
Unique psychological process are handled in different anatomical regions.
Cerebellum does not function as a homogenous unit.
LoF vs ____________
Modern research is on the side of localizationists.
Clinical neurologists first to recognize that LoF exists.
definition
cerebellum
modern research
who was first to recognize LoF exists?
Mass Action
The idea that the brain functions holistically in virtually every act.
Most supporters of the 10% notion implicitly adopt some version of the mass action position.
Debate between ______ & mass action
definition
Cortical Specialization
Definition: Systematically mapping the cortex
Method: stimulate different parts of exposed brain in conscious neurological patient to get subjective reactions.
Result: Confirmed the brain allocates different tasks to different regions of its anatomy
Real life uses: Development of technologies such as sensory prosthesis for the blind
Definition
Real Life Uses
Muscle Atrophy & 10% Myth
Muscles atrophy from disuse and so do brain circuits.
Neural systems that are underutilized early in life either fail to develop or deteriorate permanently.
Remedial Stimulation later in life will not completely overcome the resulting behavioral deficits
Result: if the brain had the idle capacity as suggested by 10% myth it is likely the neurons supposedly held in reserve would be useless by the time they were called into service.
white matter
supporting glial cells in brain
Grey matter
neurons - do mental work
silent/association cortex
formerly known as silent cortex
large non motor, non sensory areas of brain
known as association cortex now, responsible for uniquely human characteristics: language, mental imagery, abstract thought
reliability
if a test is reliable, you are going to get the same or close to the same results every time you administer
graphology
analyzing people's handwriting too determine personality traits or other attributes.
spacing, slant & pressure on paper
Barnum effect
people's tendency to accept vague, general statements as accurate descriptions of their own personalities.
Creating pseudoscience: 9 propaganda tactics
1. Create a phantom - something seems obtainable but isn't (speak to dead)
2. Set a rationalization trap - get the person committed to the cause as soon as possible (cult culture)
3. Manufacture source credibility and sincerity - Create a generally powerful authority, one people would be nuts if they didn't believe (guru, leader, mystic, lord, etc)
4. Establish a granfalloon - A proud and meaningless association of human beings (group of people &clique& - think they're better than the &out-group&)
5. Use self-generated persuasion - the subtle design of the situation so that the targets persuade themselves
6. Construct vivid appeals - a vivid presentation is likely to be very memorable and hard to refute
7. Use pre-persuasion - defining the situation or setting the stage so you win, and sometimes without raising so much as a valid argument
8. Frequently use heuristics and commonplaces - they are widely accepted and thus induce little thought about whether the rule or argument is appropriate
-heuristic: if-then rules or norms that are widely accepted
-commonplace: widely accepted beliefs that can serve the basis of an appeal
9. Attack opponents through innuendo and character assassination - best defense is a good offense
Foot-in-the-door technique
Start with a small request then a large request -ex. vitamin sample then vitamin regime
Source credibility as an effective propaganda device
1. People tend to process persuasive messages in a half-mindless state (not motivated to think, don't have time to consider, lack abilities to understand the issues) - presence of a credible source can lead one to quickly infer the message has merit and should be accepted.
2. source credibility can stop questioning
Creation of a shared social identity (6 points)
1. rituals and symbols - not only create an identity, but provide items for sale at a profit
2. jargon and beliefs - only the in-group understands and accepts them
3. shared goals - define the group and motivate action as believers attempt to reach them
4. shared feelings - aid in the 'we' feeling
5. specialized information - helps the target feel special because he or she is &in the know&
6. enemies - pseudoscientists need scapegoats to blame for your problems and failures
3 steps to pre-persuasion
1. establish the nature of the issue
2. set expectations - expectations lead us to interpret ambiguous information that supports an original hypothesis
3. specify the decision criteria
The scarcity heuristic
if it's rare it's valuable - expensive psychic phone line
the consensus or bandwagon heuristic
if everyone agrees it must be true
the message length heuristic
if the message is long it is strong
the representative heuristic
if an object resembles another (on some salient dimension) then they act similarly - homeopathy is based on the notion that small amount of substances that can cause a disease's symptoms will cure the disease
the natural commonplace
what is natural is good and what is made by humans is bad
the goddess-within commonplace
humans have a spiritual side that is neglected by modern materialistic science
the science commonplace
pseudosciences use the word &science& in a contradictory manner
Ready To Get Started?一键安装桌面版,查词翻译快三倍
选择要添加的生词本
词霸Android版
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
创建新的生词本