the university of kentN...

UNC Admissions -University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill | Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Name: Nicholas Hastings
Hometown: Shelby, NC
Major: Sociology, minor in Chemistry
I love to just sit in the Pit and see the diversity and happiness that is UNC.
You can always find me in my favorite study spot, Davis library.
My experiences with the Psychology Department have been phenomenal.
I plan to attend medical school upon graduation, and UNC has already helped me so much with this journey.
Andrea Orengo is passionate about environmental science and social work — and you might also see her teaching a spin class at Campus Rec.
Pre-dental student Celeste Kendrick gives back through .
Dale Bass is super into politics, and actually interned for former N.C. Senator Kay Hagan in Washington, D.C.
Nicholas believes that Dr. Tanya Shields’ Women and Gender Studies 101 class should be a requirement for everyone. It was that life-changing for him.
Club Baseball teammate Grant Cabell bala he’s also a member of the , an acapella group.
Professor Heather Knorr is helpful for finding meaningful ways to practice Spanish, from volunteering at the hospital as a translator to ESL tutoring at local elementary schools.
Helen Wang studied abroad in Milan through a Business School exchange program.
English major Rachel Nulty found the perfect study abroad program in Florence, Italy.
High school best friend and first year roommate Eli Bowling is incredibly resilient and strong.
Emily Morgan is a passionate advocate for the Crohn’s National Disease group and funding research for the disease.
Friend and mentor Jasmine Martin shares Nicholas’ passion for Dance Marathon, a group on campus that raises money for pediatric cancer research.
Nicholas swears by Davis Library. A few hours of studying there, and he’s ready for anything.
Connor Dorm, home to fun events like Connorstock and volleyball tournaments, was home for his first two years at UNC.
An avid baseball fan, Nicholas also plays for the Club Baseball team at UNC.
Nicholas helped co-found the
of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) with some of his best friends.
If I’ve learned anything from my time at Carolina, it’s just say “yes” to any opportunity....
Are you an admitted student interested in taking a gap year and enriching your life before...
With February being Black History Month, now is the perfect time to explore how the UNC...
Information and FAQs just for parents of prospective college students.
Each year, we travel across the state, country, and world to meet with students and families just like you.
Visit this page to learn more about how credits you've earned at other institutions might transfer to UNC.North American UniversityDepartment of Chemistry
Samulski Awarded
Carolina Chemistry Professor Emeritus and Chair of the Department of Applied Physical Sciences, Edward Samulski, has been awarded the Herman F. Mark Polymer Chemistry award for 2017...
Lifetime Achievement Award
Kenan Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biophysics, , has been awarded the prestigious 2017...
Chemical Education Research
Organic Chemistry is a required course for programs in chemistry, biology, and many health science careers. It has historically been considered...
Electronic Excitation under Proton Irradiation
Published in Scientific Reports, Dr. Kyle Reeves and Professor
report their theoretical study of electronic excitation dynamics in liquid water under proton...
Nicewicz Awarded
has been awarded the prestigious "Hirata Award" by the University of Nagoya...
Nanobubbles and Cavitation
Collapse of bubbles, microscopic or nanoscopic, due to their interaction with the impinging pressure wave produces a jet of particles moving in the direction...
Dynamic Electron Transfer
Excited-state electron-transfer reactions are of essential importance as they provide a means to convert solar energy into stored potential energy and...
Young Investigator Award
Assistant Professor
has been awarded the "2016 Eli Lilly and Company Young Investigator Award in Analytical Chemistry.”
Bo Li in endeavors
Bo Li, Assistant Professor with Carolina Chemistry, was featured in the "Women in Science Wednesday" section, in a recent issue of endeavors, the University's online magazine of research and creative activity...
Undergraduate Research
Josh Gray is a junior chemistry major who has been doing analytical research with the Wightman Group for two semesters developing an electrochemical data analysis method and will present his findings at the 2017 Southeastern Undergraduate Research Conference in Columbia, South Carolina.
Last summer, Josh did NSF-funded research in bioengineering at Georgia Tech. He also volunteers as an EMT in Carrboro, plays the piano, and is pursuing a second degree in mathematics and a minor in hispanic studies.&
Undergraduate Research
Hannah Starr, a senior chemistry major, has been an undergraduate researcher in the Dempsey lab since the end of her sophomore year. Her research projects include: synthesizing high quality PbS quantum dots for solar cells made by the Lopez lab in the Physics D and monitoring ligand exchange reactions on the surface of PbS quantum dots. In addition to research, Hannah has been very involved in the Department Mentor Program, and she serves on several committees within the Chemistry Department.
Department of Chemistry
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Campus Box 3290
Chapel Hill, NC
919-843-7100
At the Department of Chemistry, we feel strongly that diversity is crucial to our pursuit of academic excellence, and we are deeply committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community. We support UNC's policy, which "affirms the University's commitment to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status."The University of North Dakota (StudentsReview) - Comments, Reviews and Advice, Student Life at The University of North Dakota

我要回帖

更多关于 university of kent 的文章

随机推荐