he has goneno friends h...

CHARTS & TRENDS
Kind and lazy Jenya comes to Moscow from small village in Belarus for earnings... Criminal incident unexpectedly separates Jenya from companions and leaves him alone without money and documents. He has no friends or relatives in this big and hostile city and he is about to end as a homeless bum... But suddenly a miracle happens with Jenya: a strange old man brought homeless Jenya to his flat and let him stay. Soon Jenya is invited to join a strange fight the old man is engaged in: a fight against evil, that spoils life in Moscow. Jenya willingly participates in the old man's undertakings, until he meets the old man's daughter who reveals Jenya a horrible truth of her father.
- Written by
It looks like we don't have any Synopsis for this title yet.
Be the first to contribute! Just click the "Edit page" button at the bottom of the page
or learn more in the
Contribute to This Page
Explore More
Share this page:
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users
a list of 36 titles
created 31&Mar&2011
a list of 3833 titles
created 22&Nov&2011
a list of 24 titles
created 18&Feb&2012
a list of 85 titles
created 10&Mar&2013
a list of 461 titles
created 26&Aug&2014He has no friends here[同义]
He doesn't have a friend here .
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
He doesn't have any friends here
He doesn't have any friend here.
He doesn't have any friend here.
扫描下载二维码<: Customer Reviews: Act of Will
4.6 out of 5 stars243 star0%1 star0%byFormat: Hardcover|Your rating()Rate this item
This page works best with JavaScript. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. You can still see all customer reviews for the product.
Top positive review&&#32;
11 people found this helpful
4.0 out of 5 starsThat was a LOT of fun!ByN. FinneyAct of Will was the most fun I had reading a 'high fantasy' novel in a long time. A.J. Hartley turns the genre on its ear, as Will, an impoverished actor for whom all the world really is a stage takes off on a wild adventure with a group of noble adventurers. Their nobility stymies him, the idea of magic leaves him incredulous, but his limited resources and the pursuit of the Empire's soldiers forces him to throw in his lot with them. I am a pretty jaded reader of these types of novels, and rarely find one that keeps my attention AND makes me laugh out loud. This one did both.
Top critical review&&#32;
3 people found this helpful
2.0 out of 5 starsPromising start, good writing, uninteresting storyByPeter AhlstromI really wanted to like this book. I received it as a gift and didn't read any of the cover copy before plowing in, and I loved the first 20 pages. The central conceit that the novel is translated from an old manuscript in an unknown language is not a new one, but the description of this was well executed. That got my hopes up. And then the first-person introduction of Will Hawthorne is great. I loved his voice from the first paragraph, and the first scene where he's nearly arrested on-stage by soldiers who are going to burn down his theater had me itching for more.But then nothing happened.Okay, that's an overstatement, but I was bored by the central plot. When Will met up with a handful of people calling themselves "adventurers" I suspected I was in trouble. That's not a word I expect to find outside of D&D. D&D is great in its place, but I have trouble suspending my disbelief in a world where people describe themselves with that term. These characters were also rather flat and didn't get fleshed out much throughout the book.After they fled Will's home city, the several chapters it took them to cross a very nondescript desert were not a good sign. Nor was Will's refusal to acknowledge the magic he had seen with his own eyes.The magic is also of a very plain variety. The protagonists use magic about six times in the book, and it's just a minorly effective offensive weapon. The villains use one very restricted form of magic and never do anything particularly creative with it.I'm giving this two stars because of the voice and the writing style, which were both quite good. But a narrative voice and a central character cannot exist in a vacuum. For example, there was this scene where Will becomes a snake-oil salesman in order to get some money...and there was no fallout from that at all. The adventurers patted him on the back and said good job, and none of the people he bilked seemed to get upset. Huh? It was an amusing scene to read, but I couldn't suspend my disbelief. They stayed in town a couple of days after that and didn't get run out on a rail?There were also various missed opportunities, such as a Big Brother Is Watching-type culture that was explored for about five pages before everyone agreed it was creepy and moved on. It felt either underdeveloped or in the wrong book entirely. The end was also by-the-numbers. They defeated the bad guys, and not in a clever way. And the author apparently balked at killing off a character when it would have been meaningful. (At least, had it been led up to dramatically. As it was, I cared little about the character either way.)So after a promising start, the story was boring and uninteresting. There may be a market for sword & rather-little-sorcery books such as this one, but I'm apparently not in that market.
TopMost recentTopFilter by:
Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases).
By|Loved this book! It is a real page-turner written by someone who obviously has a love for and a command of the language as well as a deep-seated belief in the power of a great story.I found myself fully engaged in the goings-on from the very first page and devoured every page after that. It is a refreshing treatment of the fantasy genre and I believe that there is something here for every one whether you are a fan of fantasy fiction or not.One of the most enticing things about the story was the real growth you saw in the main character--the hilarious--Will Hawthorne, a man we can all identify with on some level.
It's like a story of noble heroes being told from the point of view of someone just like you and me bringing an insight into the events that make it easier to engage and delight in the story.I highly recommend this book.Product not found. Only products offered on Amazon can be linked.What are product links?In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered . To insert a product link, follow these steps:1. Find the product you want to reference 2. Copy the web address of the product3. Click Insert product link4. Paste the web address in the box5. Click Select6. Selecting the item displayed will insert text that looks like this:
[[ASIN:XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed , this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:You are limited to 10 product links in your review, and your link text may not be longer than 256 characters.Sort by:
By|Will Hawthorne is one of the best anti-heroes I've read in years, and I can't wait to see what he gets up to next! I thoroughly enjoyed Act of Will - it's funny, fast-paced and full of action. Theatre folk will love the protagonist's view on the world - he definitely sees things through the filter of the stage. I enjoyed the psuedo-Elizabethan world Hartley created, melding Shakespearean theatre with the world of fantasy seamlessly. I liked all the supporting characters, but it's totally Will's book, and his progression as a character is as entertaining to watch as the action of the novel. Great fun, looking forward to the sequel!Product not found. Only products offered on Amazon can be linked.What are product links?In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered . To insert a product link, follow these steps:1. Find the product you want to reference 2. Copy the web address of the product3. Click Insert product link4. Paste the web address in the box5. Click Select6. Selecting the item displayed will insert text that looks like this:
7. When your review is displayed , this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:You are limited to 10 product links in your review, and your link text may not be longer than 256 characters.Sort by:
By|I am a fan of all of Hartley's writing.
He is very well versed and it show's in his writing.
Bot &#34;Will&#34; books are great.Product not found. Only products offered on Amazon can be linked.What are product links?In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered . To insert a product link, follow these steps:1. Find the product you want to reference 2. Copy the web address of the product3. Click Insert product link4. Paste the web address in the box5. Click Select6. Selecting the item displayed will insert text that looks like this:
Customers also viewed these itemsbyA. Manette Ansay$13.99byAdam Haslett$26.00byA.J. HartleybyAce AtkinsbyA. Lee Martinez$21.99Need customer service?
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
仁爱湘教版八年级下册英语导学案讲学稿整理版.doc147页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,本文档已强制全文免费阅读,若需下载请自行甄别文档质量。
文档加载中...广告还剩秒
需要金币:200 &&
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
仁爱湘教版八年级下册英语导学案讲学稿整理版
all the smiling
课型:新授
执笔:卢秀荣
审核:初二英语组
年级:八年级
授课时间:
学习目标:
1、 1 、复习和学习表达情感的形容词:
upset, worried, disappointed, unhappy
2 、学习其它新单词和短语:
invited, say
thanks to, silly, smile, none, rich
2、掌握"linking
verb+adj."结构的用法。
You look so excited. I feel disappointed.
That is very exciting. The music sounds wonderful.
3、学习如何表达个人情感。
How are you doing?
Very well, thank you.
Please say thanks to your mom.
How nice! What a shame!
4、能理解谈论个人情感的比较熟悉的话题,获取主要信息。
一、课前准备
师生问候。让学生谈谈寒假生活,鼓励他们用英语表达情感。
T: Welcome
Ss: Thank you.
T: Hi,S1,why are you smiling?
S1: Because I had a good winter holiday.
T: Why all the smiling faces? Boys and girls!
2、画出本课新生词,能猜测它们的汉语意思。试试看!
upset _______ worried __________ disappointed________
unhappy__________invited________ say
thanks to________
silly________ smile_________ none________ rich____________
3、通过预习,你还有哪些疑问?
1、预习情况交流。
2、听录音,跟读,弄清单词的读音。
3、核对预习部分答案。
4、讨论预习中存在的问题。
三、你来试试,好吗?
(一)、词汇城堡:根据句意以及首字母提示写出单词。