season in the sunn was beginni...

The sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly before the deadly disaster of the typhoon. Bernadette Tenegra, a 44-year-old high school teacher, was in her
which was on the bank of a river. The Tenegra family
together in their shelter to keep away from the storm. They thought that the powerful storm would die out soon as it did
.So they were just hanging on there.But things didn’t happen
they had thought, the water rose with a frightening speed and their
house fell down, sweeping away the occupants (居住者),including Tenegra’s husband and her other daughter. They were able to struggle to
, but the 6-year-old Tenegra was
against the strong wind and water, along with sharp deadly debris(残骸). Bernadette made her way to the child and was holding her and kept
her to keep on.“I crawled(爬) over to her, and I tried to pull her up. But she was too
and wasn’t able to make it. It seemed she had already
, ” Tenegra said,
crying. “I screamed but it didn’t work."The mother said
that she would never forget the last words of her daughter before
, “Ma, just let go, just let go. Save
. I love you forever.“Yolanda” , the super typhoon destroyed a great number of houses and buildings. The 6-year- old Tenegra
her life. She has just seen a small part of this wonderful world
that short lifetime, while the whole world witnessed all the beauty of her.
C.building
A.marched
C.arranged
D.collected
A.in the past
B.in the day
C.in the end
D.in the future
A.strength
D.difficulty
A.fighting
B.beating
C.touching
D.preventing
A.inviting
B.ordering
C.training
D.telling
C.impatient
D.careless
A.given hack
B.given away
C.given up
D.given off
A.excitedly
C.angrily
D.confidently
A.arrival
B.yourself
C.himself
D.herself
D.changed
小题1:D小题2:B小题3:A小题4:C小题5:A小题6:C小题7:A小题8:D小题9:B小题10:C小题11:B小题12:D小题13:B小题14:A小题15:C
试题分析:本文叙述了台风发生了,Tenegra 一家人为了躲避暴风雨而呆在河边的避难所里。台风突然以惊人的速度到来,刮倒了避难所,雨水冲走了里面的居住者。6岁的Tenegra正在同强大风和水作斗争。她的母亲想把她拉出来,但是Tenegra放弃了,她想让她的母亲自己救自己。最后她失去了生命。台风Yolanda摧毁了许多房屋和建筑物。小题1:考查名词及语境的理解。A. family
家庭;B. school 学校;C. building
建筑物;D. home家。句意:一位40岁的中学教师Bernadette Tenegra,在河边的家里。根据The Tenegra family _ 17
together in their shelter to keep away from the storm.可知他的家人待的地方应是他的家。故选D。小题2:考查动词及语境的理解。A. marched
前进;B. stayed停留;C. arranged
安排;D. collected收集。句意:Tenegra一家为了躲避暴风雨而呆在家里。根据to keep away from the storm.可知他们在躲避暴风雨,故呆在家里。故选B。小题3:考查介词短语及语境的理解。A. in the past在过去;
B. in the day
在白天;C. in the end
D. in the future将来。句意:他们以为强大的暴风雨会像以前一样很快就减弱。 根据did可知此处指的是过去,故用短语in the past。故选A。小题4:考查连词及语境的理解。A. while在......期间;
在......之前;C. as 正如,正像;D. since自从。句意:但是事情没有像他们所想的那样发生。as they had thought正如他们所想的。故选C。小题5:考查形容词及语境的理解。A. wooden木制的; B. golden金的; C. hidden 隐藏的;D. modern现代的。句意:河水以惊人的速度升起来,他们木制的避难所倒下了。根据 in their shelter可知此处他们的避难所应是木制的。故选A。小题6:考查名词及语境的理解。A. strength力量;
B. warmth温暖; C. safety
安全;D. difficulty困难。句意:他们能够努力获得安全。根据their
house fell down, sweeping away the occupants (居住者),可知他们的避难所倒了,河水冲走了里面的居住者,因此他们应是为努力获得安全。故选C。小题7:考查动词及语境的理解。A. fighting打架;
B. beating 拍;C. touching触碰;
D. preventing阻止;句意:但是6岁的Tenegra正在同强大风和水作斗争。fight against同......作斗争。故选A。小题8:考查动词及语境的理解。A. inviting邀请;
B. ordering命令;
C. training 训练;D. telling告诉。句意:Bernadette挣扎着跑向那个孩子,握着她的手,一直告诉她要继续坚持。tell sb. to do sth. 告诉某人做某事。故选D。小题9:考查形容词及语境的理解。A. sleepy困倦的; B. weak 虚弱的;C. impatient
不耐心的;D. careless粗心的。句意:但是她太虚弱了,动不了。根据wasn’t able to make it.可知她动不了,故说明她太虚弱了。故选B。小题10:考查动词短语及语境的理解。A. given back
归还;B. given away 分发;C. given up放弃; D. given off散发。句意:似乎她已经放弃了。根据Ma, just let go, just let go. 可知她让她的妈妈放手,说明她似乎放弃了生存。故选C。小题11:考查副词及语境的理解。A. excitedly 兴奋地;B. sadly
C. angrily 生气地;
D. confidently自信地。句意:这位母亲伤心地说,她将不会忘记她女儿最后的话。结合上下文,可知失去了自己的女儿,因此此处应是伤心的。故选B。小题12:考查名词及语境的理解。A. arrival 到达;
选择;D. death死亡。句意:这位母亲伤心地说,她将不会忘记她女儿死之前最后的话。根据the last words of her daughter可知此处指她女儿最后的话,因此是她女儿死了。故选D。小题13:考查代词及语境的理解。A. myself我自己;
B. yourself 你自己;C. himself 他自己;D. herself她自己。句意:救你自己。结合上下文,可知此处她的女儿放弃了,不让她的母亲救她,而是让母亲自己救自己。故选B。小题14:考查动词及语境的理解。A. lost 失去;
D. changed改变。句意:6岁的Tenegra失去了生命。根据The mother said
that she would never forget the last words of her daughter before
, 可知Tenegra失去了生命。lose one’s life失去了生命。故选A。小题15:考查介词及语境的理解。A. above
在......上面;B. below 在......下面;
在......期间;D. beyond超过。句意:在她短暂的生命期间,她只看到了这个精彩世界的一部分,during that short lifetime在那短暂的生命期间。故选C。
试题“The sky was clear and the...”;主要考察你对
等知识点的理解。
根据汉语提示完成句子
1. 这个八岁的小女孩酷爱弹钢琴,以至于她已经坚持练习三年了.
The eight-year-old girl likes playing the piano __________ __________ __________ she
has kept practising for three years. 2. 请不要炫耀你的新MP4了,事实上我们都知道了.
Please stop __________ __________ your new MP4! __________ we all know about it. 3. 你认为这种款式的衣服受到大多数青少年的欢迎吗?
Do you think this type of clothes __________ __________ __________ most teenagers?4. 孙先生因病没来上班,所以你要代替他飞往南京.
Mr. Sun didn"t come to work __________ __________ illness. So you will fly to Nanjing
__________ __________ him. 5. 最终他成功地通过了期末考试.
He __________ __________ __________ the final exam.
根据汉语和英语提示完成句子。
Ben fell into the_________(湖)when he was running along it.2.
Don"t_________ (忘记)your friends when you become rich.3.
It"s very_________(重要的)to teach children about road safely.4.
My father was not_________(生气的)with me at all.5.
1 want to_________(喝)some coffee now.6.
Though my brother is very young, he is an_________(工程师)now.7.
I hope I can fly in the sky one day, s0 1 want to be a_________(宇航员).8.
My house is not big, but it is_________(舒适的).9.
Vivian likes to listen to the_________(收音机)in the evening.10.
Many workers are_________(建造)a hospital.11.
There are many_________(座位)in the theater.12.
It was the _________(最差的)speech he had ever made.13.
There are_________(超过)40 students in the library.14.
We"re going to learn_________(课)Six today.15.
There"s going to be a football_________(比赛)next week.16.
Thank you very much for the_________(邀请).17.
It rained three_________(整整)days.18.
His father is leaving for Beijing_________(明天).19.
_________(虽然)I may fail again,1 will try lt.20.
"Calm" and "wild" have_________(相反的)meanings.21.
We should never_________(笑)at others" mistakes.22.
It is_________(需要)for older people to understand the young.23.
We can get much more_________(信息)on the Internet.24.
How much is this T-shirt?
一It"s_________(八十)yuan.25. The bus_________(车站)is on the left of this street.26.
Miss Gao is our_________(化学)teacher.
She is very kind.27.
The library is on the _________(对面的)side of the road from the school.28. After you take the_________(药),you"ll feel better soon.29. The_________(读者)want to get the writer"s autograph.30.
He wants to be a scientist in the_________(将来).
高考全年学习规划
该知识易错题
高考英语全年学习规划讲师:李辉
更多高考学习规划:
客服电话:400-676-2300
京ICP证050421号&京ICP备号 &京公安备110-1081940& 网络视听许可证0110531号
旗下成员公司It was nearly dark, the sun was dropping down the mountains far away.阅读理解答案_中考英语阅读_萌芽学习网
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
It&was&nearly&dark,&the&sun&was&dropping&down&the&mountains&far&away.阅读理解答案
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
It&was&nearly&dark,&the&sun&was&dropping&down&the&mountains&far&away.阅读理解答案
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 9:01:46
阅读理解It was nearly dark, the sun was dropping down the mountains far away. Little Tom came back home, with tears in his eyes."What's the matter, Tom How's your trip" his mother asked with a big smile. "I failed. The mountain is so high and full of big or small stones on the way. I still go ahead(向前). But I was tired and it was so late that I had to come back," Tom cried. "It doesn't matter. You are only 14 years old after all. You will have another chance," his mother said. "But, standing at the top of the mountain is my dream !" Tom said. His father came over and asked," Did you see the green trees on your way to the mountain .... Sure, and there are a lot of beautiful flowers by the side of the road ," Tom replied. "Did you hear the birds singing" his father asked. "There were many kinds of birds singing in the trees, and the sound was very sweet," Tom said. "Did you feel the beauty of nature" his father asked. "Yes, the blue sky, the white clouds, the green trees and the colo[1]&&&
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章: 没有了
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)The sun was going down when we arrived at the ground阅读理解附答案_真题_中学数学网
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
最新公告:
&&没有公告
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
The&sun&was&going&down&when&we&arrived&at&the&ground阅读理解附答案
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
The&sun&was&going&down&when&we&arrived&at&the&ground阅读理解附答案
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 12:29:32
The sun was going down when we arrived at the ground floor of the building. I was afraid of going to the top of tall buildings, so I was a little 52 when I walked into a lift. The lift climbed faster and faster 53 we reached the 88th floor. It 54 high up there, but I was not afraid when I stood at the top.The Jin Mao Tower in Shanghai is 420.5 55 high. It is one of the tallest buildings in the world. It 56 in 1999, and it has a fantastic view of Pudong District and the centre of Shanghai. I really like t he tower and I am sure I will visit it again.
答案解析:52.nervous 53 until 54 was 55 metres 56 was built
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章: 没有了
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)分词 试题 The sun was shining brightly, _ everything there_more beautiful.(北京四中网校-〉名师答疑-〉高二-〉英语) 
  欢迎您!

分词 试题 The sun was shining brightly, _ everything there_more beautiful.
  the&sun&was&shining&brightly&,(&&)everything&there&(&&)more&beatuiful.
A.making&/look
B.to&make&/look
C.and&made/look
D.and&making/be&looked
  The sun was shining brightly, _ everything there_more beautiful.
makingmaketoA

我要回帖

更多关于 season in the sun 的文章

随机推荐