she asked me,"could you tell me...

When I was about twelve years old, I had an enemy, a girl who liked to tell me about my shortcomings(缺点).Week by week her list became   1  :I was very short, and I wasn’t a good student, I talked too much, and so on.I tried to stand all of these as long as I could.Finally, I became very   2  .I ran to my father with tears(眼泪)in my eyes.
  He listened to me   3  , and then asked,“Are the things that she said true or not?Jane, have you ever   4   what you’re really like?Now you have that girl’s   5  .Go and make a list of everything she said and mark the points that are   6  .Pay no attention to the other things that she said.”
  I did   7   he told me.To my great surprise, I found that about half of the things were true.Some of them I couldn’t   8  , like being very short, but a good number of them I could.I wanted to change the bad things in me, and for the   9   time I knew something about myself in a very clear way.
  I brought the list back to my father.He   10   to take it.“That’s just for you,”he said,“You know better than   11   else the truths about yourself, but sometimes others’ opinions are also important, so you have to learn how to   12  , and not just close your ears in anger and feel hurt.When something   13   is said about you is true, you’ll find that it will be of help to you.Our world is full of people who think that they know you.Don’t shut your ears.Listen to all of them,   14   hear the truth and do what you think is the right thing to do.”I have remembered my father’s   15   at many important moments.I have never had a better piece of advice in my whole life.
carelessly
differently
dealt with
thought about
strategies
everything
  When I was about twelve years old, I had an enemy, a girl who liked to tell me about my shortcomings(缺点).Week by week her list became   1  :I was very short, and I wasn't a good student, I talked too much, and so on.I tried to stand all of these as long as I could.Finally, I became very   2  .I ran to my father with tears in my eyes.
  He listened to me   3   , and then asked, ‘ Are the things that she said true or not? Jane, have you ever   4   what you’re really like? Now you have that girl's   5  .Go and make a list of everything she said and mark the points that are   6  .Pay no attention to the other things that she said.’
  I did   7   he told me.To my great surprise, I found that about half of the things were true.Some of them I couldn't   8   , like being very short, but many of them I could.I wanted to change the bad things in me, and for the   9   time I knew something about myself in a very clear way.
  I brought the list back to my father.He   10   to take it.‘ That's just for you, ’ he said, ‘you know better than   11   else the truths about yourself, but sometimes others’ opinions are also important, so you have to learn how to   12   , and not just close your ears in anger and feel hurt.When something   13   is said about you is true, you'll find that it will be of help to you.Our world is full of people who think that they know you.Don't shut your ears.Listen to all of them,   14   hear the truth and do what you think is the right thing to do.’ I have remembered my father's   15   at many important moments.I have never had a better piece of advice in my whole life.
differently
carelessly
dealt with
thought about
everything
Denny Crook was a famous photographer. He traveled all over the world, taking pictures for magazines and newspapers, and won many prizes.“I’ll do ___1___ to get a good photo,” he often said. “I’ll go anywhere at any time, even if it is dangerous.”And he told the truth. He had photos of earthquakes, forest fires, floods and even wars. If something interesting happened, Denny went to &&2&&it.His wife often asked him to take her with him, but he always&&3&&.” I’ll travel for my work, not for &&4&,” he told her, “You won’t enjoy yourself, and I won’t have &&5&&&to look after you. Sometimes there’s not even anywhere to &&6&&, and I have to sleep outside. I often don’t have a good &&7&&or a bath for days. You won’t like it.”“Denny, I’m not a child,” his wife didn’t&& 8&&, “I can look after myself. Please take me with you the next time you go overseas.”Denny did not say anything, but he &&9&&about it, and when he was asked to go to Africa he said to his wife, “You can come to
Africa with me if you want to. I’ll go to take photos of wild &&10 &there. It should be interesting and not too uncomfortable.” His wife was very&& 11&&.When they got to Africa, the first day she had a very enjoyable time. The next day Denny went &&12&&&to find some lions to photo. His wife went with him, but soon they became separated (分开). She walked down one path while he walked down the other.Suddenly, Denny heard her &&13&&. He ran back and saw her running toward him. A huge lion was chasing her.Quickly Denny took his camera out of its case and &&14&&&it at his wife and the lion. Then he shouted, “&& 15&&, woman! I can’t get you both in the picture!”【小题1】A.anythingB.nothingC.somethingD.none【小题2】A.adviseB.readC.writeD.photo【小题3】A.allowed B.refusedC.failedD.joked【小题4】A.wealthB.prizeC.pleasure D.luck【小题5】A.moneyB.timeC.interestD.ability【小题6】A.meetB.workC.shopD.stay【小题7】A.mealB.picnicC.roomD.party【小题8】A.agreeB.understandC.replyD.complain【小题9】A.worriedB.forgotC.askedD.thought【小题10】A.landB.flowersC.animalsD.people【小题11】A.confusedB.excitedC.surprisedD.disappointed【小题12】A.out B.inC.backD.up【小题13】A.singingB.cryingC.laughingD.cheering【小题14】A.threwB.firedC.showedD.pointed【小题15】A.Hurry upB.Look outC.Slow downD.Go ahead
Denny Crook was a famous photographer. He traveled all
over the world, taking pictures for magazines and newspapers, and won many
prizes.
“I’ll do ___1___ to get a good photo,” he often
said. “I’ll go anywhere at any time, even if it is dangerous.”And he told the
truth. He had photos of earthquakes, forest fires, floods and even wars. If
something interesting happened, Denny went to &&2&&it.
His wife often asked him to take her with him, but he
always&&3&&.” I’ll travel for my work, not for &&4&,”
he told her, “You won’t enjoy yourself, and I won’t have &&5&&&to
look after you. Sometimes there’s not even anywhere to &&6&&,
and I have to sleep outside. I often don’t have a good &&7&&or
a bath for days. You won’t like it.”
“Denny, I’m not a child,” his wife didn’t&&
8&&, “I can look after myself. Please take me with you the next
time you go overseas.”
Denny did not say anything, but he &&9&&about
it, and when he was asked to go to Africa he said to his wife, “You can come to
Africa with me if you want to. I’ll go to take photos of wild &&10
&there. It should be interesting and not too uncomfortable.” His wife
was very&& 11&&.
When they got to Africa, the first day she had a very
enjoyable time. The next day Denny went &&12&&&to
find some lions to photo. His wife went with him, but soon they became
separated (分开). She walked down one path while he walked
down the other.
Suddenly, Denny heard her &&13&&.
He ran back and saw her running toward him. A huge lion was chasing her.
Quickly Denny took his camera out of its case and &&14&&&it
at his wife and the lion. Then he shouted, “&& 15&&,
woman! I can’t get you both in the picture!”
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.anything&&&&&&& B.nothing&&&&&&&& C.something D.none
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.advise&&&&&&&&& B.read&&&&&&&&&& C.write D.photo
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.allowed &&&&&&& B.refused&&&&&&&& C.failed D.joked
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wealth&&&&&&&& B.prize&&&&&&&&&& C.pleasure
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.money&&&&&&&& B.time&&&&&&&&&& C.interest&& D.ability
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.meet&&&&&&&&& B.work&&&&&&&&&& C.shop D.stay
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.meal&&&&&&&&&& B.picnic&&&&&&&&& C.room D.party
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.agree&&&&&&&&& B.understand&&&&& C.reply D.complain
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.worried&&&&&&& B.forgot&&&&&&&&& C.asked&&& D.thought
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.land&&&&&&&&&& B.flowers&&&&&&&& C.animals&&& D.people
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.confused&&&&&& B.excited&&&&&&&& C.surprised& D.disappointed
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.out &&&&&&&&&& B.in&&&&&&&&&&&& C.back& D.up
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.singing&&&&&&&& B.crying&&&&&&&&& C.laughing&& D.cheering
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.threw&&&&&&&&& B.fired&&&&&&&&&& C.showed&& D.pointed
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Hurry up&&&&&& B.Look out&&&&&&& C.Slow down D.Go ahead
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
Sarah Orne Jowett - A White Heron and Other Stories (Dover) (retail) (epub)
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口She asked me whether_______English.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
i can speak
扫描下载二维码she asked me __ she could copy my homework填 if 还是 weather ,为什么
媚外的人86
whether,whether和if都可以用作连词,引导一个名词性从句,表示“是否”.whether可以引导主语从句、表语从句、宾语从句和同位语从句;而if只能引导宾语从句.引导宾语从句既可以用whether,也可以用if,两者常可以互换.whether从正反两个方面提出疑问,选择意义较强,多用于正式文体中;而if多用于口语
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
whether/if应该都可以吧
两者都可以用whether,whether和if都可以用作连词,引导一个名词性从句,表示“是否”。whether可以引导主语从句、表语从句、宾语从句和同位语从句;而if只能引导宾语从句。引导宾语从句既可以用whether,也可以用if,两者常可以互换。
if好一点,用weather也没错,不过感觉有点正式
扫描下载二维码1.She asked Linda that if she could go and get some.2.She asked me that if I knew whose pen it was.3.Our teachers believe that if we did that,we would concentrate more on our clothes than our studies.以上句中的 that 是一定不能要,还是可要可不要?理由?
宾语从句有四种类型 1、that型从句,陈述一个已知的事实,如:
She said that Linda could go and get some. (她说了一个已知的事实,这个事实就是琳达可能会去找一些.) 2、wh- 型从句,陈述一个未知的具体问题,包括who,which,what,when,where,why,how.如:
She asked Linda when she could go and get some. (她问了琳达一个具体问题,这个问题就是她什么时候来找一些.) 3、if 型从句,陈述一个未知的选择性问题,包括whether.如:
She asked Linda if she could go and get some. (她问了琳达一个具体问题,这个问题就是她来还是不来找一些) 4、what 型从句,也叫关系代词性从句,包括what (= the thing that),whatever (= Everything or anything that),whoever (= Everybody or anybody who).如:
She didn’t believe what Linda could do. (她不相信一个事实,这个事实就是琳达所能做的事情) 这四类连词各司其职,不能重复,否则就会互相矛盾.如果同时出现,可能属于两种情况: 1、病句.如下列的两个句子:
* She asked Linda that if she could go and get some.
* She asked me that if I knew whose pen it was.
矛盾之处在于,that 只用来陈述事实,既然是asked,宾语从句就不可能是一个已知的事实,而应该是个未知的问题,所以句中的that 是赘词,应该删去. 2、宾语从句有带有状语从句的复合句构成.如:
* Our teachers believe that if we did that, we would concentrate more on our clothes than our studies.
本句中的that 和if 不属于同一个语法范畴.把这个句子重新整理如下就会一目了然:
——Our teachers believe that we would concentrate more on our clothes than our studies if we did that. (我们的老师们相信这样一个事实,这个事实就是:如果我们这样做的话,那么我们就会把更多的精力放在衣装上而不是学习.)
可见that引导的是宾语从句,而if 引导的则是宾语从句中条件状语从句,二者互不矛盾.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
1 ,2不能要,if已经可以引导宾语从句,that缀余 3 可要可不要 that 引导宾语从句,而if引导状语从句,不冲突,而且that引导宾语从句不充当成分可省略
1.此句"that”引导宾语从句,"that”可省可不省2.此句和第一句一样是宾语从句,"that”可省可不省3.第一个"that”引导宾语从句,可省可不省,第二个"that”是"did”的宾语,不能省在各种从句中,宾语从句的that一般都可省,强调句中有的that也可省...
1. that 不能要。if引导宾语从句,that多余了。2. 同1.3. that可要可不要。that引导宾语从句,做动词believe的宾语,that可以省略。在这个宾语从句中包含一个if引导的虚拟条件句。
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 could you tell me 的文章

随机推荐