【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0.1 点,】
资料概述与简介
津中、广实2013级高二年级联考
英语学科试卷
(总分150分
时间120分钟 )
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)
(1.5*5=7.5分)
Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a bookstore
B. In a classroom
C. In a library
How will the man make a phone call?
A. By using his mobile phone.
B. By using the public phone.
C. By using the woman’s mobile phone.
What is the man’s brother probably like?
A.Easy-going
B. Pessimistic
C. Optimistic
What may the man do next?
A. Cook at home.
B. Order some food.
C. Find some phone numbers.
What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
B. A place
C. The train
第二节(1.5*15=22.5分)
听下面5段对话或对白,每段对话或对白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置,听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题。每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6断材料,回答第6、7题。
When will the woman check out?
A. This Friday
B. Next Monday
C. Next Tuesday
How far is it from the subway station to the hotel?
A. About a five-minute walk
B. Aout a ten-minute walk.
C. About a fifteen-minute walk.
听第7段材料,回答第8、9题
Why were there no photos on the first two days?
A. The camera was stolen.
B . The camera was broken.
C. The camera was left in the taxi.
What was the weather probably like there?
A. Cloudy most days.
B. Very hot most days.
C. Rainy most days.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
Who is Mary?
A. The woman’s neighbor.
B. The woman’s colleague.
C. The woman’s friend.
How old is Mary now?
What do we know about Mary and the woman?
A. They often went out to eat.
B. They went to a movie once a month.
C. They often did outdoor activities on weekdays.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
How much of the book has the woman read?
A. Just the beginning.
B. About one third.
C. Most of it.
What was Arthur Miller’s life like when he was a boy?
A. He didn’t enjoy reading.
B. He liked playing football.
C. He didn’t like helping his father.
What play does the woman like best?
A. Death of a Salesman.
B. All My Sons.
C. The Price.
Why will the man call Adam?
A. To complain about the woman.
B. To ask about Arthur Miller.
C. To ask to borrow the book.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
What is the talk mainly about?
A. Energy-saving actions.
B. Public bicycles.
C. Future houses.
What was the new law about in Davis?
A. New houses should be built properly.
B. New houses should have central heating.
C. Air conditioning should be natural gas.
How long in all are the city’s bicycle paths in Davis now?
A. 24 miles
B. 36 miles
C. 48 miles
What caused the increase of small cars?
A. Fewer roads.
B. Free city transportation.
C. The reduction of parking spaces.
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
(2*15=30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。
There are three branches of medicine. One is called “doctor medicine,” or “scientific medicine.” Scientific doctors try to observe sicknesses, look for logical patterns, and then find out how the human body works. From there they figure out what treatments may work. This kind of medicine is believed to date from the 4th century BC. Although nowadays it is successful, in the ancient world this approach probably did not cure many patients.
A second kind of medicine is called “natural cures,” or “folk medicine,” in which less educated people try to cure sicknesses with various herbs. These folk healers (治愈) also use observation and logic, but they are not so aware of it. They try things until they find something that seems to work, and then they keep doing that. Folk medicine became popular long before the development of scientific medicine and was more successful in ancient times than doctor medicine.
The third kind is called “ health spas,” or “ faith healing”. Sometimes this may be as simple as touching the holy man and being immediately healed. Other times, a magician (咒语) may make you a magic charm(符咒), or say a spell to cure you. Some religious groups organize special healing shrines (圣地) for the sick. In these places people rest, get plenty of sleep, eat healthy food, drink water instead of wine, and exercise in various ways. They also talk to the priests and pray to the gods. If you are feeling depressed or you have been working too hard, going to these places may be just the right thing to make you feel better.
21. From the passage, we can know doctor medicine________.
A. has a longer history than folk medicine
B. bases its treatments on observation and logic
C. has been practiced for around 1,600 years
D. was very successful in curing sicknesses in ancient times
22.According to the passage, which of the following is NOT used in health spas?
A. Magic power
B. Various herbs
C. Religious
D. A healthy life style.
23. What’s the author’s primary purpose of writing this passage?
A. To show the key role religion plays in medical treatments.
B. To argue for the importance of medicine in health care.
C. To describe different types of medicine.
D. To compare the educational background of three different types of patients.
The current Toyota logo consists of three ovals(椭圆形):the two perpendicular(垂直的)ovals represent a relationship of trust between the customer and Toyota. These ovals combine to symbolize the letter “T” for Toyota. The space in the background implies a global expansion of Toyota’s technology and unlimited potential for the future. The first engine of Toyota Corporate was produced in 1934(The Type A).
The Hyundai Motor Company(HMC),formed in 1967,is a South Korean company manufacturing automobiles. Their automobiles are available in many countries around the globe. In 2003 it was South Korea’s largest car maker and the world’s seventh largest car maker. The Hyundai logo appears to be an H(symbolizing Hyundai).The oval shape indicates the company’s global expansion and the ‘H’ is symbolic of two people(specifically the company and customer) shaking hands.
The Rolls Royce logo consisting of the two Rs clearly stands for Rolls and Royce, the two founders of this car manufacturing company.
In 1884 Frederick Henry Royce started an electrical and mechanical business. He made his first car, a “Royce”, in his Manchester factory in 1904.He was introduced to Charles Stewart Rolls in a Manchester hotel on May 4 that year, and the pair agreed a deal where Royce would manufacture cars, to be sold by Rolls. A clause was added to the contract, saying the cars would be called “Rolls Royce”.
The Mercedes-Benz logo represents one of the most famous brands in the world. The Benz logo is a three-pointed star that represents its domination of the land, the sea, and the air. The famous three-pointed star was designed by Gottlieb Daimler to show the ability of his motors for land, air and sea usage. It was first seen on a Daimler in 1909,and was combined with the Benz laurel wreath(桂冠) in 1926 to symbolize the union of the two firms.
24.Which of the following companies was founded by a car maker and a car seller?
A. Toyota. B.. Rolls Royce
C. Hyundai.
D. Mercedes-Benz.
25. Which company’s logo is a symbol of two people shaking hands?
A. Rolls Royce’s.
B. Toyota’s.
C. Mercedes-Benz’s
D. Hyundai’s
According to the text, ______.
A. Rolls Royce was founded in 1884
B. Toyota is having difficulty expanding its technology
C. Hyundai has the same long history as Mercedes-Benz
D. Mercedes-Benz originally produced motors
27.According to the text,    has the longest history of the four car companies.
A. Hyundai B. Toyota
C .Rolls Royce D. Mercedes-Benz
Do you find getting up in the morning so difficult that its painful? This might be called laziness, but Dr. Kleitman has a new explanation. He has proved that everyone has a daily energy cycle.
During the hours when you labor through your work you may say that youre "hot". Thats true. The time of day when you feel most energetic is when your cycle of body temperature is at its peak. For some people the peak comes during the forenoon. For others it comes in the afternoon or evening. No one has discovered why this is so, but it leads to such familiar monologues (自言自语) as: "Get up, John! Youll be late for work again!" The possible explanation to the trouble is that John is at his temperature-and-energy peak in the evening. Much family quarrelling ends when husbands and wives realize the meaning of these energy cycles , and which cycle each member of the family has. You cant change your energy cycle, but you can learn to make your life fit it better. Habit can help, Dr. Kleitman believes. Maybe youre sleepy in the evening but feel you must stay up late anyway. Counteract (对抗) your cycle to some extent by habitually staying up later than you want to. If your energy is low in the morning but you have an important job to do early in the day, get up earlier than your usual hour. This wont change your cycle, but youll get up steam (鼓起干劲) and work better at your low point.
Get off to a slow start which saves your energy. Get up with a leisurely yawn and stretch. Sit on the edge of the bed a minute before putting your feet on the floor. Avoid the troublesome search for clean clothes by laying them out the night before. Whenever possible, do routine work in the afternoon and save tasks requiring more energy or concentration for your sharper hours.
28. If a person finds getting up early a problem, most probably ________.
A. he is a lazy person
B. he refuses to follow his own energy cycle
C. he is not sure when his energy is low
D. he is at his peak in the afternoon or evening
29. Which of the following may lead to family quarrels according to the passage?
A. Unawareness of energy cycles.
B. Familiar monologues.
C. A change in a family members energy cycle.
D. Attempts to control the energy cycle of other family members.
30. If one wants to work more efficiently at his low point in the morning, he should________.
A . change his energy cycle
B. get up earlier than usual
C. overcome his laziness
D. go to bed earlier
31. You are advised to rise with a yawn and stretch because it will ________.
A. help to keep your energy for the days work
B. help you to control your temper early in the day
C. enable you to concentrate on your routine work
D. keep your energy cycle under control all day
In 1980 Candy Lightner’s 13-year-old daughter was killed by a drunk hit-and-run driver as she walked down a street in California. “I promised myself on the day of my daughter’s death that I would fight to make this needless accident count for something positive in the years ahead,” Candy Lightner later wrote.
The drunk driver received a two-year prison sentence. However, he avoided prison by serving time in a work camp. Ms. Lightner was very angry about that, so she organized Mothers Against Drunk Drivers(MADD),which later changed to Mothers Against Drunk Driving. The aim of her organization was to raise public awareness of the serious nature of drunk driving and to promote tough legislation(立法) against the crime.
Before Ms.Lightner’s MADD, intoxication(醉酒),including drunk driving, was not taken seriously. Intoxication was often used as an excuse for otherwise unacceptable behavior: “I didn’t know what I was doing—I was drunk.”
Candy Lightner appeared on major television shows, spoke before the US Congress, made speeches to professional and business groups, and worked tirelessly for years to change public attitudes, change judicial(审判的)behavior, and promote tough new legislation. Later, Ms. Lightner left MADD because the organization that she herself created was changing its focus. “I didn’t start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started it to deal with the issue of drunk driving.”
The president of the United States awarded her the President’s Volunteer Action Award and she was the subject of the movie “Mothers Against Drunk Drivers: the Candy Lightner Story”.
32.One of the purposes of MADD was to    . .
A. improve drivers driving skills
B. make new laws against crimes
C. tell drivers to avoid drunk driving
D. warn people not to drink alcohol
33.Which way didn’t Ms.Lightner use to achieve her MADD’s goals?
A. Applying for a job with the government
B. Giving a talk to businessmen.
C. Talking on major TV shows.
D. Giving suggestions to the US Congress.
34.We can learn from the passage that   .
A. the drunk driver had not been caught
B. drunk driving wasn’t taken seriously before MADD
C. Candy Lightner played a leading role in a film
D. MADD didn’t get much support from society
35.What can be the best title for the passage?
A. Ways to Prevent Drunk Driving
B. Purposes of Founding MADD
C. New Law Against Drunk Driving
D. Candy Lightner and Her MADD
(2*5=10分)
根据短文内容,选出嫩填入空格处的最佳选项,剩余两项为多余选项。
The secret to losing weight isn’t just watching what’ it’s also about watching what’s in your glass. Popular soft drinks, fruit juices,and energy drinks can be loaded with added sugars and carbohydrates that can damage your weight-loss strategy.
We all know this one, but it’s important to remember that water is the single best choice for effective weight loss. Whether it’s still or sparkling, aim to make water, your go-to beverage choice. (37) Then try adding fresh lemon slices, lime, cucumber, and even a slice of tomato to add flavor without adding many calories.
2. Vegetable juice
Whether in a can bottled,or homemade,vegetable juice is an excellent way to get the fiber and nutrients your body needs to fuel your weight loss.
(38) The veggies will keep you fuller longer and the tangy flavor will keep your taste buds happy.
3. Unsweetened tea
Green tea has been proven to help boost metabolism and speed up weight loss. Try it hot or iced with a bit of honey for a low-sugar sweet drink.
Both are filled with antioxidants,which can help rid your body of toxins.
4. Black coffee
A morning cup of joe or an afternoon iced coffee can help spur your weight loss by providing a boost of caffeine that suppresses hunger. Also, coffee has been shown to stimulate thermogenesis,which heats up the body and boosts metabolism. Just be careful about what you add to your coffee-stick to skim milk and very little sugar.
5.Skim milk
Milk is an excellent source of lean protein,vitamin D, and calcium that can help build your muscles and keep your bones strong.
If you are feeling indulgent,add a little chocolate-low-fat. Chocolate milk is a great option for post-workout muscle recovery.
A. Think water is boring?
B. Don’t forget black and oolong teas,too!
C. To be honest, milk doesn’t cost too much.
D. Remember to drink several cups of water a day.
E. If you can find a low-sodium variety, even better.
F. Here are five tasty ways to drink up without packing on the pounds.
G. Opt for low-fat or skim milk for all of the vitamins without the added fat.
第三部分 英语知识运用(共2节,满分45分)
第一节 完形填空(1.5*20=30分)
There are many kinds of friends. Some are always
you, but don’t understand you. Some say only a few words to you, but understand you. Many people will step in your life, but only
friends leave footprints.
I shall always recall (回忆) the autumn and the girl with the
. She will always bring back the friendship between us. I know she will always be my best friend.
It was the golden season. I could see the
leaves floating with the cool
. In such a season, I liked walking alone in the leaves,
to the sound of them.
Autumn is a
season but life is uninteresting to me. The boring days always get me
. But one day, the sound of a violin
into my ears like a stream (小溪) flowing in the mountains. I was so surprised that I jumped to see what it was. A young girl, standing in the wind, was
in playing her violin.
seen her before. The music was so nice that I listened quietly. Lost in the music, I didn’t know that I had been
there for so long but my existence did not seem to disturb her.
Leaves were still falling. Every day
she played the violin in the corner of the building, I went downstairs to watch her performance. I was the only listener. The autumn seemed no longer lonely and life became
we didn’t know each other, I thought we were already good friends. I believe she also loved me.
Autumn was nearly over. One day, when I was listening carefully, the sound suddenly
. To my astonishment, the girl came over to me.
“You must like violin.” she said.
“Yes. And you play very well. Why did you stop?” I asked.
Suddenly, a
expression appeared on her face and I could feel something unusual.
“I came here to see my grandmother, but now I must leave. I once played very badly. It was your listening every day that
me.” she said.
it was your playing that gave me a meaningful autumn,” I answered, “Let’s be friends.”
The girl smiled, and so did I.
I never heard her play again in my life. I no longer went downstairs to listen like before. Only thick leaves were left behind. But I will always remember the fine figure of the girl. She is like a
—so short, so bright, like a shooting star giving off so much light that it makes the autumn beautiful.
C. against
42. A. humorous
C. innocent
43. A. leaves
44. A. yellow
45. A. wind
46. A. referring
B. listening
D. turning
47. A. lively
D. harvest
49. A. flowed
C. entered
50. A. active
D. interested
51. A. once
D. usually
52. A. waiting
B. stopping
C. hearing
D. standing
53. A. because
54. A. interesting
C. encouraging
D. exciting
55. A. Since
B. However
56. A. stopped
D. changed
57. A. happy
B. surprised
C. strange
58. A. amused
B. excited
C. encouraged
D. concerned
59. A. Actually
B. Generally
C. Normally
D. Apparently
60. A. song
津中、广实2013级高二年级联考英语答案
6-10 CACBC
11-15 CACBA
16-20 CAACC
阅读理解:
完型填空:41-45 DBDAC
46-50 BDCAB
51-55 BDCAC
56-60 ADCAC
61.is celebrated
62.hono(u)r
63.located
64.However
65.Realizing
67.that/who
69.had stolen
70. before
71.was去掉
76.have-had
72.kindly-kind
77.here-there
78.∧to visit
74.which-whose
79.like-as
75.better-good
80.interests-interest
书面表达:
As we all know, literary works play an important role in our life. However, as for the ancient classics, there are different views in our class.
A majority of students think reading ancient classics can help us learn a lot about cultures and customs all over the world as well as cultivate our minds. However, some students hold a different view that the language used in ancient classics is quite different from that used today, which makes them difficult to read. Furthermore, they also think ancient classics are old-fashioned and even boring.
Personally, people can really benefit a lot from reading ancient classics, for they can not only enrich our knowledge but also make us wise. In a word, ancient classics are well worth reading.
W: I’d like to get this textbook, but the cover is damaged. Do you have any other copies?
M: If that is the only copy on the shelf, I’ll give you a discount.
W: What shall we do? I think we are totally lost, and my mobile phone is out of power.
M: My mobile phone has no signal at all. I think I’ll go to the public phone over there and call for some directions.
W: You and your brother have quite different personalities.
M: Yes, we do. A lot of people say that.
W: You’re easy-going and always optimistic, while your brother is completely the opposite.
W: How about cooking now?
M: I don’t feel like cooking tonight. I want to order some take-out food.
W: But we don’t have the phone numbers of any nearby restaurants.
M: Don’t worry. We can find all the restaurant phone numbers we need here on this website.
M: Have you seen this man?
W: Yes, I have, I mean … er … I saw him just now.
M: You mean he got on the train to London? Has the train left yet?
W: No, it hasn’t.
W: Hello. Is that Ivy Hotel? I’d like to make a reservation.
M: Yes. This is Ivy Hotel. When would you like to come?
W: This Friday, and I’ll stay for four nights.
M: Ok, no problem. We have rooms available then.
W: If I come by subway, how long will it take to walk from the subway station?
M: It’s a very short walk. You can see our hotel as soon as you get out of Exit C of the subway station. It’s just about a five-minute walk to our hotel from there.
W: That’s great.
M: How was your honeymoon, Alisa? Have you got any photos?
W: Yes. But all the photos we took in the first two days are gone.
M: Was there anything wrong with the camera?
W: No. We thought it was stolen, but actually we left it in the taxi. We had to buy a new camera on the third day. Here are some of the pictures we took then.
M: You really saw some very interesting places, and it looks like the weather was lovely.
W: Well, you wouldn’t have said so if you had been there. Though the skies were beautiful and clear, the temperatures were too high most of the time, so we spent a lot of time swimming. We did really enjoy ourselves there.
M: Who is your best friend, Tina?
W: That would have to be Mary. She’s one year younger than me. We’ve been friends since I was 17.
M: How did you meet?
W: We met at a friend’s party five years ago. She performed a dance at the party, and it was so beautiful. I gave a performance at the party too—I sang a song, so we got to know each other there. We talked for a while there at the party, and discovered that we didn’t live all that far from each other. We shared a taxi home after the party and talked happily the whole way.
M: So did you guys get together often after that?
W: Oh, yes. We went to a movie together at least once a week, and we often went out to eat together. On the weekend we would go somewhere outdoors. We both loved outdoor activities.
M: How about after you went to college?
W: Well, we went to the same college, so we stayed best friends even then.
M: Did you go to work at the same company after leaving college?
W: No, but we are still best friends.
M: What are you reading, Sara?
W: A book about Arthur Miller. I’m going to finish it soon.
M: Then you must know a lot about Arthur Miller’s life by now.
W: Yes, this book is really informative.
M: So what was he like as a child?
W: He was a very active boy. He loved doing sports such as football and baseball. When he wasn’t playing outside, he enjoyed reading adventure stories.
M: Didn’t he need to work to help his family?
W: Yes, you’re right. He often worked with his father. He had never studied plays or playwriting before working on his first play, but he finished it within five days.
M: That’s amazing. He really had a gift for creating plays. So what do you think are his best plays?
W: I love Death of a Salesman the best. All My Sons and The Price are also famous. I think they’re his best plays.
M: Can I borrow the book after you finish it?
W: Well, I borrowed it from Adam.
M: Then I’ll call him and ask him tonight.
Today I’m going to talk about what one place now is doing to save energy. The people of Davis, California, have succeeded in cutting their energy use by one-third since 1973. The first energy saving action was taken in the early seventies, when a new law was passed requiring all new houses in Davis to be built so that there would be no unnecessary loss of heat during the winter. New houses were also required to face north or south so that they would not be over-heated by the sun. The law ha since 1976 there has been a 50% reduction in the amount of natural gas and electricity used in heating and air-conditioning. There have also been other energy saving actions in Davis. Buses partially supported by the city transport university students throughout the area. There are 24 miles of bicycle path and today there are twice as many bicycles as cars in the city. By reducing the parking spaces the city has succeeded in reducing the number of cars in the city every day. Another benefit of reducing parking is a greater number of small cars. People are saving gas because they are choosing not to drive or because they are driving fuel-economic cars. Davis has become an energy-saving model for other cities.
该会员上传的其它文档
已有&0&条评论,共有&0&人参与,
网友评论:
合作 / 友情链接

我要回帖

更多关于 pray for the dying 的文章

随机推荐