To regain their_____after an exhausting game,the players lay in the lemongrasss.

高中英语名词语法复习高考英语课件预览
您所在的位置:&& &&
语法专题(一)名&词名词要点精讲名词是高考的热点和难点。从语法和词汇两个方面来考察其用法,在单项选择、完形、改错中都可感知高考中名词的考查点。专有名词主要是指人名、地名或某类人或事物的名称,如Beijing,China等。普通名词是一类人或东西或是一个抽象概念的名词,如:book,sadness等。名词专有名词(Proper&Nouns)普通名词(Common&Nouns)个体名词(Individual&Nouns)集体名词(Collective&Nouns)物质名词(Material&Nouns)抽象名词(Abstract&Nouns)不可数名词(Uncountable&Nouns)可数名词(Countable&Nouns)&&&&&&个体名词和集体名词可以用数目来计算,称为可数名词(Countable&Nouns),物质名词和抽象名词一般无法用数目计算,称为不可数名词(Uncountable&Nouns)。Proper&Nouns:指人名、地名及某些人和事物专有的名称Eg:&D&B&AE&M&New&Year’s&Day注意:专有名词的第一个字母要大写 Common&Nouns:一类人或东西或是一个抽象概念的名词1.&Individual&Nouns:&指作为个体而存在的人或东西可以指具体的人或物。Eg:&&a&&apartments也可指抽象东西。Eg:&a&&fairy&&a&dream2.&Collective&Nouns:&表示若干个个体组成的集合体Eg:&&&&&&&&public集体名词有时作单数看待,有时作复数看。一般来说,视为整体时作单数看,突出它的成员时作复数看。His&family&_____&not&large.&(be)Cf:&His&family&______&all&music&lovers.&(be)在一些情况下,集体名词后单复数动词都可以用,没什么差别。Eg:&The&audience&was&(were)&excited&by&the&show.isare有少数集体名词通常用作单数。Eg:&The&gang&is&being&hunted&by&the&police.Our&company&is&sending&him&to&work&in&Berlin.个别集体名词则多作复数看待。Eg:&The&police&are&looking&for&him.3.&Material&Nouns:&指无法分为个体的物质。Eg:&&&&&&&&&&soil一般来说,物质名词是不可数的,因而没有复数形式。但有一些特殊情况:1)&有些物质名词可用作可数名词,表示“一份”、“一杯”、“一种”Eg:&Two&strong&black&coffees,&please.&(&两份)Three&beers,&please.&(三杯)It&was&a&special&tea.&(一种)2)个别物质名词的复数形式可以表示特别的意义。Eg:&rains&(雨季)sands&&(沙滩)&&snows&(积雪)waters(海域)…4.Abstract&Nouns:表示动作、状态、品质、感情等抽象概念Eg:&&&&&&&&&truth,etc.多数情况下,这种名词常用于单数形式,不加任何冠词。Eg:&He’s&learning&French&for&fun.I&wish&you&good&luck.抽象名词转化为可数名词。Failure&is&the&mother&of&success.&(失败与成功在此为抽象概念)As&a&teacher&,&she&is&a&success,&but&as&a&mother,&she&is&a&failure&because&she&devotes&little&time&to&looking&after&her&child.(成功者,失败者,可数)名词的数不可数名词一般没有单复数之分,它包括抽象名词、物质名词和专有名词。例如:health,&advice,&glass,&wood,&English,&America不可数名词作主语,谓语动词须用单数形式。可数名词有单、复数之分。可数名词的复数形式有以下几种:Notes:*1:stomachstomachs*2:以元音+y或以专有名词+y结尾的名词,直接在词尾加-s.Eg:&&Henrys*3:&以元音+o eg:&&studios以oo结尾&&&&&&&&&&eg:&&kangaroos一些外来词(特别是音乐方面的词)&eg:&pianos一些缩写词&&&&&&eg:&&&memos一些专有名词&&eg:&E&Filipinos直接在词尾加-s.*4:以f/fe结尾只加-s的词:&&&&chiefshandkerchief(手帕,手绢)的复数形式两者都可以。单复数相同的情况:&&&&&&CJapanese以及由汉语音译表示度量衡、货币等单位的名词。 Eg:&yuan,&jiao,&fen,&&jin,&&mu只有复数形式的情况:trousers(裤子);&glasses(眼镜);&compasses(圆规)&&&&&&&&&a&pair&of&&&&&cattle复合名词的复数形式:1.词末+-s&:&film-goers&;&forget-me-nots&2.主体名词变为复数形式:lookers-&editors-in-sons-in-law3.两个组成部分皆变为复数:women&&men&cooks*&这种形式的第一个名词必须是man或woman不规则复数:有些外来词的不规则复数形式:有些名词可以兼作可数名词和不可数名词。glass&(&玻璃&)copper&(&铜&)tin&(&锡&)paper&(&纸&)iron&(铁&&)wood&(&木头&)gold&(金子&&)youth&(青春&&)power&(&力量&)beauty&(&美&)pleasure(&愉快&)relation(关系)a&glass&(&玻璃杯&)a&&copper&(&铜币/板&)a&tin&(&罐头&)a&paper&(&报纸,证件,论文&)an&iron&(熨斗&&)a&wood&(&树林&)a&gold&(金牌&&)a&youth&(年青人&&)a&power&(&大国&)a&beauty&(&美人,美的东西&)a&pleasure(&使人感到愉快的事&)a&relation(亲戚)英语中有许多对词,一个可数,一个不可数。a&poem(一首诗&)a&machine(一台机器&)a&job(一件工作&)a&laugh(一个笑声&)a&permit(许可证&)a&garment&(一件衣裳&)a&bag(case)&(一件行李&)a&loaf&(一只面包&)a&hair(一根头发&)poetry(诗歌总称&)machinery(机器总称&)work(工作&)laughter(笑声&)permission(允许&)clothing(衣裳总称&)luggage,&baggage(行李&)bread(面包&)hair(&头发)几个名词的特殊用法hair_______________.&(他的头发是白的。)______________________.&(他有几根白的头发。)His&hair&is&whiteHe&has&a&few&grey&hairsfruit&The&fruit&is&sweet.&He&likes&pears,&peaches,&grapes&and&other&fruits.policeThe&police&_______&searching&for&the&murderer.weredozen,&scoretwo&(many,&several)&dozen&pencilsthree&_________&them&/&these&pencilsdozens&of&studentstwo&score&of&studentsscores&of&peopledozen&ofword(消息,通知),&man(人类),前面不加冠词,也不用复数形式,谓语用单数。名词的格所有格的形式:&&&一般的名词所有格在后面加&’s,如:&&&&Mary’s&book&&&以&–s&结尾的复数名词所有格在后面仅加&’,如:&&&&&Teachers’&Day,&the&students’&reading-room&&&以&–s&结尾的专有名词所有格,如:&&&Engels’s&works&或Engels’&works’s&结尾的所有格形式多用于有生命的东西的名词。但有时其它的名词也可以,如:today’s&newspaper,&fifteen&minutes’&ride等与时间有关的名词。凡不能加&’s&构成所有格的名词,都可以与&of&结成短语,来表示所有格关系。就是有生命的东西的名词也可如此,特别是当这个名词有较长的定语时。如:&&&Do&you&know&the&name&of&the&girl&standing&at&the&gate?一个名词所有格所修饰的词,如果前面已经提到,往往可以省略,避免前后重复。如:&&&&&&This&is&not&my&pen,&but&Mary’s.有时某些&’s&结尾的所有格形式可以表示地点,如某人的家或店铺、教堂等:&&We&can&meet&at&Mary’s.&&He&went&to&his&sister’s&for&dinner&yesterday.&&I&had&the&dress&made&at&the&tailor’s&at&the&corner&of&the&street.&&Last&week&we&visited&St.&Paul’s.名词所有格(The&Possessive&Case&of&Nouns)some&patterns:I’ll&take&the&risk&for&friendship’s&sake.She&was&at&her&wit’s&end.Now&they&could&sing&at&their&heart’s&content.We&should&get&the&children&out&of&harm’s&way.We&had&best&keep&them&at&arm’s&length.For&goodness’&sake,stop&arguing.Jane&got&the&money’s&worth&out&of&the&coat.&(为了友谊)(黔驴技穷)(尽情地)(不受损害)(保持距离)(看在上帝的份上)(很合算)名词在句子中可作主语、宾语、表语、定语、补语等。名词作定语时,需注意:&an&enemy&soldier&&&&&&&several&_______________&a&boy&student&&&&&&&&&&&&&three&____________&a&man&teacher&&&&&&&&&&&&three&_____________&a&woman&doctor&&&&&&three&______________&___________&(一家鞋店)名词在句子中的作用enemy&soldiersboy&studentsmen&teacherswomen&doctorsa&shoe&storeheart&trouble&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&snow&mountain&hearty&welcome&&&&&&&&&&&&&snowy&table-cloth&rain&drops&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&stone&house&rainy&season&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&stony&heart&rose&garden&rosy&face&gold&ring&golden&sunshine/times/age/wedding用名词作定语和用形容词作定语的比较:1.&_______&turn&green&in&spring.&A.&Leaf&&&&&&&B.&Leafs&&&&&C.&Leave&&&&D.&Leaves2.&He&dropped&the&_______&and&broke&it.&A.&cup&of&coffee&&&&&&&B.&coffee’s&cup&C.&cup&for&coffee&&&&&&&D.&coffee&cup3.&I&need&_______&cloth,&for&I’m&going&to&make&&&&_______&clothes.&A.&a&lot&&many&&&&&&&&&B.&&much&&&&&&&&C.&&many&&&&&&&&&&&D.&&a&lot历年高考试题4.&He&gained&his&_______&by&printing&_______&of&famous&writers. &&A.&&work&&&&&&&B.&&works&&&&&&C.&&work&&&&&&D.&&works5.&Many&countries&are&increasing&their&use&of&natural&gas,&wind&and&other&forms&of&_______.&&&&A.&energy&&&B.&source&&C.&power&&D.&material&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&6.&You’ll&find&this&map&of&great&_______&in&helping&you&to&get&round&London.&&A.&price&&&&&B.&cost&&&C.&value&&&D.&usefulness7.&----&Who&did&you&spend&last&weekend&with?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&----&_______&.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&Palmer’s&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&The&Palmers’&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&The&Palmers&&&&&&&&D.&The&Palmer’s8.&My&parents&always&let&me&have&my&own&&&&&_______&of&living.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&way&&&&&B.&method&&&&C.&manner&&&&D.&fashion9.&The&lion&is&considered&the&king&of&the&forest&&&&as&it&is&a(n)&_______&of&courage&and&power.&A.&example&&&&&B.&sign&&&&&&C.&mark&&&&&D.&symbol&10.&We&volunteered&to&collect&money&to&help&the&_______&of&the&earthquake.&&&&&&A.&victims&&&&B.&folks&&&&C.&fellows&&&&D.&villagers11.&If&you&don’t&take&away&all&your&things&from&&&the&desk,&there&won’t&be&enough&_______&for&&&my&stationery.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&area&&&&&&&B.&place&&&&&&C.&room&&&&&&D.&surface12.&It&is&widely&accepted&that&young&babies&&&&&learn&to&do&things&because&certain&acts&lead&&&&to&_______&.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&rewards&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&prizes&&&&&&&&C.&awards&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&results13.&In&the&botanic&garden&we&can&find&a(n)&&&&&_______&of&plants&that&range&from&tall&trees&&&&to&small&flowers.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&species&&&&B.&group&&&&C.&amount&&&&D.&variety14.&----&Can&you&shoot&that&bird&at&the&top&of&&&&&&the&tree?&&&&&&----&No,&it’s&out&of&_______&. A.&range&&&&&B.&reach&&&&C.&control&&&&&D.&distance15.&The&life&of&&London&is&made&up&of&&many&&&&&&&different&_______&.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.&elements&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&sections&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&material&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&realities16.&For&the&sake&of&her&daughter’s&health,&she&&&&&decided&to&move&to&a&warm&_______&.&&&&&&A.&weather&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&temperature&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&season&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&climate17.&To&regain&their&______&after&an&exhausting&game,&the&players&lay&in&the&grass.&&&A.&force&&&&&B.&energy&&&&&C.&power&&&&&D.&health18.&I&saw&Bob&play&the&piano&at&John’s&party&&&&and&on&that&_______&he&was&simply&brilliant.&&&&&A.&scene&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&circumstance&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&occasion&&&&&&&&&&&D.&situation19.&It&can’t&be&a(n)&_______&that&four&jewelry&&&stores&were&robbed&in&one&night.&&&&&&&A.&coincidence&&&&&&&&B.&accident&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&incident&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&chance20.&According&to&the&recent&research,&heavy&&&&&coffee&&drink&&and&&heart&&attack&&is&&not&&&&necessarily&_______&and&effect.&&&&A.&reason&&&&&&B.&impact&&&&&&C.&fact&&&&&&D.&cause&&&&&&&21.&----&I’m&sorry&I&stepped&outside&for&a&&&&&&&&&&&&&smoke.&I&was&very&tired.&&&&&&----&There&is&no&_______&for&this&while&you&&&&&&&&&&&&are&on&duty.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.reason&&&B.excuse&&&C.cause&&&D.explanation22.&The&&manager&&has&&got&a&good&&business&&&&&&________&so&the&company&is&doing&well.&&&&&&&&A.idea &&&&&&&&&&&B.sense &&&&&&C.thought &&&D.thinking23.&Don’t&leave&matches&or&cigarettes&on&the&table&within&______&of&little&children.&&A.&hand&&&&&B.&reach&&&&&&C.&space&&&&&D.&distance24.&The&&environmentalists&&and&&wild&&goats’&&&&_______&on&the&vast&grasslands&was&a&good&indication&of&the&better&environment.&&&&A.&escape&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&absence&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&attendance&&&&&&&&&D.&appearance25.&The&village&is&far&away&from&here&indeed.&&&&&&&It‘s&_____&walk.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&????&A&.&a&four&hour????????????????&B.&a&four&hours????&C.&a&four-hours?????????????&??D.&a&four&hours’26.&I&have&read&the&material&several&times&but&&&&&&it&doesnt&make&any&________&to&me.&?????&A.&meaning?&?&&&&&?B.&importance&??&&&&&&C.&sense?&?&&&&&&&&&&&D.&significance&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
本篇只是预览,内容不完整,要查看全部内容请点击如下:
| 备案:浙ICP备号-1
CopyRight 2006- All Rights Reserved→ 点击收起菜单&&
高考冲刺英语
高考英语总复习词汇(上海卷)
明日东方科技有限公司&& 发布时间:
来源:新世纪
[全真试题]
1. In the botanic garden we can find a (n) _____ of plants that range from tall trees to small flowers. 01
A. species B. group C. amount D. variety
2. &Can you shoot that bird at the top of the tree?
--No, it&s out of _____. 01
A. range B. reach C. control D. distance
3. Her son, to whom she was so _____, went abroad ten years ago. 01
A. loved B. cared C. devoted D. affected
4. Go and join in the party. _____ it to me to do the washing-up. 02
A. Get B. Remain C. Leave D. Send
5. To regain their _____ after an exhausting game, the players lay in the grass. 02
A. force B. energy C. power D. health
6. According to the recent research, heavy coffee drinking and heart disease is not necessarily _____ and effect. 02
A. reason B. impact C. fact D. cause
7. Every new _____ has the possibility of making or losing money. 02
A. event B. venture C. adventure D. expectation
8. The shopkeeper gave us _____ we got 9 kilos instead of 10 kilos. 02
A. scarce B. short C. light D. slight
9. Some passengers complain that it is usually _____ so long to fill in travel insurance documents. 03
A. costs B. takes C. spends D. spares
10. &I don&t think it&s my _____ that the TV blew up. I just turned it on, that&s all,& said the boy. 03
A. error B. mistake C. fault D. duty
11. Tony is _____ the guidebook, looking for information about Japan, where will travel soon. 03
A. tracing B. skipping C. inspecting D. scanning
12. Hospital staff burst into cheers after doctors completed a 20-hours operation to have _____ one-year-old twins at the head. 04
A. isolated B. separated C. divided D. removed
13. Some people like dirking coffee, for it has _____ effects. 04
A. promoting B. stimulating C. enhancing D. encouraging
[巩固与提高]
1. Take my _____ young man, and don&t drive so fast.
A. emphasis B. notice C. lesson D. advice
2. When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of _____.
A. reach B. hand C. hold D. place
3. He is really like a gentleman and he usually _____ the door open to let the ladies go first.
A. holds B. leaves C. keeps D. makes
4. They spent the afternoon _____ blackberries in the wood.
A. picking B. selecting C. electing D. gaining
5. The children are curious about who _____ the world.
A. made B. formed C. created D. produced
6. I held the little bird in my hand and felt it heart _____.
A. driving B. striking C. beating D. knocking
7. _____ in the blanket in such weather, the little boy kept crying.
A. Enclosed B. Wrapped C. Covered D. Banded
8. When I saw Rosie, I stopped and smiled but she _____ me and walked on.
A. missed B. neglected C. ignored D. overlooked
9. Does anyone _____ the plans we have made?
A. oppose B. object C. deny D. refuse
10. During the Gulf War (海湾战争) in 1991, the Iraqi armies _____ heavy losses.
A. received B. suffered C. accepted D. occurred
11. We are going to _____ our house by building another room onto it.
A. increase B. enlarge C. spread D. stretch
12. People can show their personalities in the colors and _____ of the clothes they choose.
A. forms B. kinds C. styles D. types
13. Being in a leading position, one must base his decisions on actual facts instead of on _____ likes and dislikes.
A. human B. private C. personal D. own
14. He ran down the beach and _____ into the sea.
A. sank B. headed C. bathed D. plunged
15. When we do a good job, the boss _____ us with special gifts.
A. awarded B. offered C. affords D. rewards
16. I feel _____ of his being able to buy a new car.
A. jealous B. unfair C. greedy D. mean
17. The boy _____ that the wallet was his, and he was telling the truth.
A. announced B. declared C. claimed D. reported
18. Lucy is a girl who is hard to please. She is _____ about everything.
A. special B. especial C. peculiar D. particular
19. Don&t bother me and today I have no _____ for jokes.
A. feeling B. mood C. emotion D. sense
20. Yesterday I had a bad toothache and I had to take some pills to _____ the pain.
A. prevent B. avoid C. kill D. escape
21. When I saw Rosie, I stopped and smiled but she _____ me and walked on.
A. missed B. neglected C. ignored D. overlooked
22. My uncle has lost his wallet with 3000 yuan in it, and I am going to say something to _____ him.
A. release B. comfort C. amuse D. entertain
23. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as _____ sicknesses.
A. normal B. regular C. average D. ordinary
24. According to yesterday&s newspaper, a(n) _____ family of city residents in this country owns about 80,000 yuan in the banks.
A. general B. common C. average D. usual
25. Mrs. Brown found herself lost because she could find no _____ of the hotel when she had walked twenty minutes.
A. mark B. feature C. sign D. symbol
26. The manager _____ one of the hotel servants of stealing the money.
A. blamed B. accused C. scolded D. charged
27. This hotel _____ $60 for a single room with bath.
A. claims B. demands C. prices D. charges
28. The water could not flow freely because the pipe was _____.
A. blocked B. trapped C. loaded D. forced
29. The ship &Titanic& was _____ when it hit into an iceberg.
A. wounded B. sunk C. wrecked D. failed
30. Every car or trunk usually carries a (n) _____ wheel whenever it goes.
A. additional B. extra C. extraordinary D. spare
31. The government is trying to do something to _____ better understanding between the two countries.
A. raise B. promote C. heighten D. increase
32. Lucy seldom talks to others and no one knows why she always _____ herself from the people around.
A. isolates B. separates C. prevents D. resists
33. The actual cost of building was much higher than our original _____.
A. estimate B. plan C. judgment D. consideration
34. A power failure completely _____ the cake she was baking.
A. damaged B. weakened C. spoiled D. injured
35. In this time of economic reform, our state of mind should keep _____ with the rapid changes of the economic system.
A. pace B. touch C. progress D. step
36. She was so _____ in her job that she didn't hear anybody knocking at the door.
A. attracted B. absorbed C. included D. concentrated
37. Although I like the appearance of the house, what really made me decide to buy it was the beautiful _____ through the window.
A. vision B. look C. picture D. view
38. How can you ______ for your absence from the symposium (专题讨论会) about environmental protection this morning?
A. reason B. excuse C. account D. explain
39. Though I knew these are words of Latin _____, I didn&t quite know their meanings until I looked them up in the dictionary.
A. origin B. source C. resource D. way
40. The ring has been in my husband&s family for three _____, so I decided to give it to my daughter-in-law.
A. people B. offspring C. children D. generations
41. Without the accident, you could never have imagined his _____ for dealing the difficult situation.
A. ability B. capacity C. management D. capability
42. At last the rescue team came, with only three of the _____ surviving the shipwreck.
A. group B. crew C. member D. crowd
43. The _____ of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games is &Green Olympics, High-tech Olympics and People&s Olympics.&
A. theme B. topic C. spirit D. subject
44. It took him several months to _____ the wild horse.
A. tend B. cultivate C. breed D. tame
45. Anger, joy, sorrow and excitement are human beings& basic _____.
A. psychologies B. minds C. desires D. emotions
46. The police haven&t been _____ in the case that a woman put itching powder in the shoes in order to take revenge on her husband who had fallen in love with another woman.
A. absorbed B. involved C. contained D. included
47. Many doctors are now searching for _____ to cancer treatment.
A. ways B. methods C. measures D. approaches
48. Some old people don't like pop songs because they can't _____ so much noise.
A. resist B. sustain C. tolerate D. undergo
49. In some countries anyone who wants to be a teacher must have a teacher&s _____.
A. diploma B. quality C. document D. license
50. The visiting Japanese prime minister was warmly _____ when he arrived in Beijing.
A. received B. accepted C. treated D. recommended
51. Yantai is one of the areas in China that are famous for _____ apples.
A. manufacturing B. processing C. making D. producing
52. The physics teacher told the students to observe carefully what would happen when a (n) _____ acted on the object.
A. force B. energy C. power D. strength
53. It is announced that a new stock will be _____ in Shanghai Stock Exchange Market (上海证券交易所) tomorrow.
A. published B. issued C. presented D. printed
54. Matter has three _____, solid, liquid and gas.
A. conditions B. aspects C. states D. phenomena
55. What you sent us is just a photo copy. I want to see the _____ copy of your diploma.
A. former B. previous C. original D. suitable
56. Her grandfather is over eighty and he has to wear _____ teeth at meals.
A. artificial B. false C. synthetic D. untrue
57. That everyone will get old and die is the _____ of nature.
A. principle B. regulation C. law D. discipline
58. The bus explosion last week was said to be _____ to a certain terrorist organization.
A. connected B. combined C. related D. linked
59. If you don&t know how to use an English word, the easiest way is to _____ a dictionary.
A. refer B. inquire C. indicate D. consult
60. A large number of teenagers in Shanghai are _____ on playing video games.
A. fascinated B. absorbed C. keen D. fond
61. As some people _____ the plan, I think we need a further discussion.
A. oppose B. object C. argue D. assume
62. After my mother took some pills, he blood pressure returned to _____.
A. usual B. normal C. ordinary D. necessary
63. Little Tom was happy when the teacher patted him _____ on the shoulder and said something to praise him.
A. slightly B. gently C. tenderly D. purposefully
64. Last summer a boy _____ fell from the top of the mountain and died.
A. fortunately B. seriously C. accidentally D. dangerously
65. The police examined everything on the scene, trying to find more _____ to the murder.
A. codes B. contexts C. signs D. clues
66. The germ is _____ small and we can&t see it without a microscope.
A. extremely B. completely C. relatively D. specially
II.近形词
[全真试题]
1. The lessons given by Mr. Smith are always _____ and interesting, 01
A. lovingly B. lovely C. lively D. vividly
2. When climbing the hill John was knocked unconscious by an _____ stone. 01
A. untouched B. unexpected C. unfamiliar D. unbelievable
3. While a person is asleep, a part of his brain is still _____. 01
A. active B. alive C. awake D. aware
[巩固与提高]
1. In Britain, the best season of the year is probably _____ spring.
A. later B. last C. latter D. late
2. A completely new situation will _____ when the examination system comes into existence.
A. arise B. rise C. raise D. arouse
3. It is quite necessary for a qualified teacher to have good manners and _____ knowledge.
A. extensive B. expansive C. intensive D. expensive
4. I hate people who _____ the end of film that you haven't seen before.
A. reveal B. rewrite C. revise D. reverse
5. Though he was born and brought up in America, he can speak _____ Chinese.
A. fluid B. fluent C. float D. flowing
6. It is clear that when the two substance are mixed, a certain kind of energy will be _____.
A. released B. relieved C. replaced D. reflected
7. Computer skill is an important _____ in a career of accounting.
A. advancement B. agreement C. requirement D. arrangement
8. Scientists said that too much _____ to the sun may do some harm to the skin.
A. exposure B. explosion C. exhibition D. expense
9. The newly written novel by the famous writer _____ the dark side of the society.
A. reviewed B. recovered C. revealed D. refreshed
10. As Mr. Pot is always regarded his colleagues (同事) as his _____, they decided to play a practical jokes on him that would make him more humble.
A. seniors B. juniors C. inferiors D. superiors
11. It&s your faulty not to take raincoat with you, so you have no reason to _____.
A. compete B. compare C. complain D. compute
12. Our foreign teacher praised us for not choosing all the videos he had brought and added that we had good _____.
A. eyesight B. outsight C. insight D. sight
13. He was so angry that he _____ him on the face.
A. skipped B. slipped C. spread D. slapped
14. Without any _____, he dashed into the room and took the dog to the safety.
A. conclusion B. prevention C. impression D. hesitation
15. High population densities occur in regions of developed industrialization such as Japan or where lands are fully used for _____ as in Puerto Rico and Java (爪哇).
A. manufacture B. agriculture C. interculture D. structure
16. If one great airplane _____ into another in the air, 600 lives could be lost.
A. crushed B. crunched C. crashed D. cracked
17. Many visitors come to Israel to _____ an ancient land rich with 4000 years of history.
A. exploit B. expose C. explore D. expand
18. The figures _____ by the local government showed that the area still suffered inadequate teaching resources.
A. recovered B. released C. relieved D. resisted
19. In the shade of last failure, she is by no means of _____ regardless of the agreeable weather.
A. cheerful B. regretful C. grateful D. fearful
20. David Beckham, the charming footballer, had his left foot _____ for about six million US dollars.
A. insured B. assured C. ensured D. unsured
III.单词辨析
[全真试题]
1. A only you can _____ her to give up the foolish idea. 01
A. suggest B. attract C. tempt D. persuade
2. Her brother _____ to leave her in the dark room alone when she disobeyed his order. 01
A. declared B. threatened C. warned D. exclaimed
3. According to the new research gardening is a more _____ exercises for older women than jogging or swimming. 01
A. mental B. physical C. effective D. efficient
4. The life of London is made up of many different _____. 01
A. elements B. sections C. materials D. realities
5. I would be very _____ if you could give me an early reply. 01
A. pleasant B. grateful C. satisfied D. helpful
6. When you turn on the TV set, clear pictures will _____ appear on the screen. 01
A. rapidly B. hurriedly C. lately D. immediately
7. Sugar is not an important element in bread, but flour is _____. 02
A. unique B. essential C. natural D. adequate
8. Mary finally _____ Bruce as her long-life companions. 02
A. received B. accepted C. made D. honoured
9. The secret of his success is that he does everything _____. 02
A. efficiently B. curiously C. anxiously D. sufficiently
10. My grandfather is as _____ as a young man and hates sitting around doing nothing all day. 03
A. enthusiastic B. energetic C. talkative D. sensitive
11. Broadly speaking, I would agree with Shirley, though not _____. 03
A. widely B. thoroughly C. entirely D. extensively
12. Those who change mobile phones frequently will pay a heavy price for being _____. 03
A. graceful B. fashionable C. particular D. feasible
13. Life is tough in city. In order to lose their _____, some people drink alcohol. 03
A. temper B. mood C. consciousness D. pressures
14. The environmentalists and wild goats& _____ on the vast grasslands was a good indication of the better environment. 04
A. escape B. absence C. attendance D. appearance
15. After the trainer was sure that the whale could look after itself, he _____ it into the sea. 04
A. transported B. unloaded C. released D. handled
16. In _____ Chinese culture, marriage decisions were often made by parents for their children. 04
A. traditional B. historic C. remote D. initial
17. The teacher wrote an example on the blackboard to _____ to point. 04
A. illustrate B. suggest C. express D. recognize
18. Most people on this island are recreational fishers, and _____, fishing forms an actual part of their leisure time. 04
A. accidentally B. purposefully C. obviously D. formally
19. Chinese arts have won the _____ of a lot of people outside China. 04
A. enjoyment B. appreciation C. entertainment D. reputation
20. There was such long queue for coffee at the interval that we _____ gave up. 05
A. eventually B. unfortunately C. generously D. purposefully
21. The company is starting a new advertising campaign to _____ new customers to its stores. 05
A. join B. attract C. stick D. transfer
22. He proved himself a true gentleman and the beauty of his _____ was seen at its best when he worked with others. 05
A. temper B. appearance C. talent D. character
23. At times, worrying is a normal, _____ response to a difficult event or situation, a loved one being injured in an accident, for example. 05
A. effective B. individual C. inevitable D. unfavorable
[典型试题]
1. Even if the young man is very good at lots of things we can&t say he is _____. In fact, no one is.
A. generous B. perfect C. splendid D. wonderful
2. I'll look into the matter as soon as possible. Just have a little _____.
A. wait B. time C. patience D. rest
3. Here elder sister was born in the city but has now _____ in the countryside.
A. planted B. fixed C. housed D. settled
4. The traffic policemen&s duty is to _____ order in the streets.
A. observe B. practise C. keep D. gain
5. We all like that teacher because of his nice _____ of humor.
A. principle B. feeling C. sense D. willingness
6. If the millions of calculations had been done by hand, they would have lost their practical _____ by the time they were finished.
A. need B. value C. cost D. result
7. He said the government would do its best to _____ the problem of unemployment.
A. decide B. answer C. solve D. relax
8. In this accident, most people died. Those who _____ were also badly injured.
A. survived B. lived C. suspected D. revised
9. An apple falling on the ground well illustrates the principle of _____.
A. gravity B. attraction C. magnet D. motion
10. The library apologized for any _____ caused by the repairs to it.
A. inconvenience B. discomfort C. change D. effect
11. Listening _____ to what the teacher said, I don&t know what today&s homework is.
A. carefully B. attentively C. absently D. forgetfully
12. The social services are chiefly _____ with the poor, the old and the sick.
A. influenced B. related C. suffered D. concerned
13. I don&t think that car is _____ the money you paid for it.
A. satisfactory B. worth C. deserving D. profitable
14. She closed the window and drew the _____ before switching on the light.
A. shades B. carpets C. curtains D. masks
15. Sea water can be used for various _____ when salt is taken away from it.
A. purposes B. reasons C. effects D. results
16. In my interview with a group of children, I found that a child watched TV for a(n) _____ of two hours a day.
A. average B. time C. period D. length
17. We usually feel comfortable with people ideas and interests _____ to ours.
A. same B. equal C. similar D. familiar
18. I don&t care how hard you are or how much time you spend on the project. I just want you to work _____.
A. diligently B. endlessly C. fortunately D. efficiently
19. It is obvious that boys are more naughty than girls by _____.
A. nature B. character C. action D. attitude
20. Some of the passengers told the reporters about their _____ in the burning train.
A. details B. trips C. events D. experiences
21. A student who listens attentively and take notes in class will surely make a good _____ on his teachers.
A. image B. comment C. impact D. impression
22. The boss is trying to put _____ on his employees by saying that those who cannot obey the rules will be dismissed.
A. pressure B. force C. influence D. impression
23. Many neighbors _____ that they couldn't stand the noise of the machines on the construction sits.
A. complained B. informed C. described D. expressed
24. When he was 18, he was completely _____ and received no money from his family.
A. independent B. confident C. considerate D. thoughtful
25. It is said that tomatoes were _____ into China from South America hundreds of years ago.
A. introduced B. sold C. taken D. spread
26. In this accident, most people died. Those who _____ were also badly injured.
A. survived B. lived C. suspected D. revised
27. The car accident _____ poor Tom of his eyesight.
A. lost B. caught C. deprived D. divided
28. It is the way you do it rather than how much you do it that _____.
A. matters B. impacts C. compels D. compares
29. The explorer got a disease in blood for the _____ of fresh vegetables and fruit.
A. sake B. lack C. ignorance D. knack
30. The newspaper did not mention the _____ of the damage caused by the fire.
A. range B. level C. extent D. quantity
31. The relationship between employers and employees has been studied _____.
A. originally B. extremely C. violently D. intensively
32. The new comers found it impossible to _____ themselves to the dump climate.
A. suit B. adapt C. regulate D. coordinate
33. My camera can be _____ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A. treated B. adjusted C. adopted D. relieved
34. She was complaining that the doctor was _____ too much for the treatment.
A. expending B. offering C. costing D. charging
35. The old couple decided to _____ a boy and a girl to accompany them.
A. adapt B. bring C. receive D. adopt
36. He&s watching TV? He&s _____ to be cleaning his room.
A. known B. supposed C. regarded D. considered
37. John Dewey believed that education should be a preparation for life, that a person learns by doing, and that teaching must _____ the curiosity of children.
A. seek B. stimulate C. shape D. secure
38. In developing countries people are _____ into the big cities in great numbers.
A. breaking B. filling C. pouring D. hurrying
39. At first, the speaker was referring to the problem of pollution in the country but halfway in his speech, he suddenly _____ to another subject.
A. committed B. switched C. favoured D. transmitted
40. The tickets _____ you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
A. gives B. grants C. entitles D. credits
41. Though he&d looked through all the reference materials on the subject, he still found it hard to understand this point and her explanation only _____ to his confusion.
A. extended B. amounted C. added D. turned
42. The disease spreads fast by touch before any _____ are noticed.
A. marks B. clues C. symptoms D. characters
43. Since it is raining hard outside, I have no _____ but to stay at home, watching TV.
A. choose B. alternative C. advantage D. adsorption
44. The isolated village seemed to be _____ to visitors as very little was known about it and its inhabitants appeared somewhat hostile (有敌意的) to strangers.
A. inaccessible B. unavailable C. inadaptable D. profitable
45. In preparing scientific reports of laboratory experiments, a student should _____ his findings in logical order and clear language.
A. furnish B. propose C. raise D. present
46. Our company decided to _____ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not been met.
A. destroy B. resist C. assume D. cancel
47. There were beautiful clothes _____ in the shop windows.
A. spread B. displayed C. exposed D. located
48. The manager lost his _____ just because his secretary was ten minutes late.
A. mood B. temper C. mind D. passion
49. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe _____.
A. service B. sentence C. crime D. crisis
50. What he told us about the affair simply doesn&t make any _____.
A. sense B. meaning C. idea D. significance
51. Language can be defined as a tool by which human beings _____ with each other.
A. associate B. communicate C. connect D. respond
52. Sally had prepared her test carefully so that she was sure to pass it on her first _____.
A. intention B. attempt C. purpose D. desire
53. In previous time, when fresh meat was in short _____, pigeons were kept by many households as a source of food.
A. store B. reserve C. supply D. provision
54. Women who don&t go out to work often feel they aren&t working to their full _____.
A. capacity B. strength C. length D. possibility
55. When people become unemployed, it is _____ which is worse than lack of wages.
A. laziness B. poverty C. idleness D. inability
56. It&s difficult to guess what her _____ the news would be.
A. impression B. reaction C. comment D. opinion
57. We'd like to _____ a table for five for dinner this evening.   
A. preserve B. reserve C. retain D. sustain
58. If you want to _____ you goal, you can do nothing but work hard.
A. undertake B. conduct C. perform D. accomplish
59. We all know that hard working and plain living are fine _____ of our Chinese.
A. needs B. manners C. qualities D. actions
60. It was _____ of you to turn away when a stranger wanted to sell a gold watch cheap to you.
A. generous B. sensitive C. unbelievable D. sensible
61. The hero told the students a bullet _____ missed his heart and he was seriously wounded during the Korean War.
A. narrowly B. dangerously C. thoroughly D. clearly
62. Because there was enough evidence to prove he was guilty, the jury (陪审团) claimed that he was _____.
A. lawful B. legal C. innocent D. logical
63. The teachers were busy _____ the papers after the final examinations.
A. reviewing B. correcting C. marking D. developing
64. If you take a(n) _____ attitude towards life you will live happily and longer.
A. positive B. negative C. sensitive D. responsible
65. When the president of the company was asked whether he had cheated in the election, he felt quite _____.
A. shy B. timid C. embarrassed D. refreshed
66. The _____ in his face suggested that he was over seventy.
A. appearance B. expression C. look D. wrinkles
67. We can _____ paint as solid coloring matter mixed with oil or other liquid and used to five color to a surface.
A. regard B. define C. think D. consider
68. After the storm on the island, many people died not only of illness, but of _____.
A. starvation B. danger C. disease D. extinction
69. The revolution of throwing away the old and appreciating the new clothes of high taste _____ the whole country.
A. swept B. winded C. stormed D. cleared
70. Like other cities in the world, American cities also contain the very worst parts of a society such as _____ crime, racial conflict (种族冲突) and poverty.
A. violent B. intense C. common D. light
71. When the couple saw the fire star in their house, Susan trie _____, her husband tried to climb in through the window.
A. later B. previously C. meanwhile D. afterwards
72. He is sure to win the long distance running. He is a man of great _____.
A. patience B. eagerness C. endurance D. willingness
73. The victim could only give a _____ description of what happened during the earthquake as he himself was knocked unconscious by something unknown.
A. clear B. tough C. vague D. detailed
74. _____ quarrels with his wife doesn&t affect his relationship with her. He is a good-tempered husband.
A. Frequent B. Occasional C. Usual D. Regular
IV.词组、短语
[全真试题]
1. I&m planning to hold a party in the open air, but I can make no guarantees because it _____ the weather. 01
A. links with B. depends on C. connects to D. decides on
2. Can you make a sentence to _____ the meaning of the phrase? 02
A. show off B. turn out C. bring out D. take in
3. The engine of the ship was out of order and the bad weather _____ the helplessness of the crew at sea. 03
A. added to B. resulted from C. turned out D. made up
4. To keep healthy, Professor Smith _____ cycling as a regular form of exercise after he retired. 04
A. took up B. caught on C. carried out D. made for
[巩固与提高]
1. On the way to Suzhou, the bus we traveled in that day suddenly _____.
A. broke out B. broke off C. broke away D. broke down
2. Why not _____ tennis? It will help you keep fit.
A. take up B. take in C. take on D. take after
3. I say! Have you _____ a single word I have been saying to you?
A. taken in B. taken over C. taken up D. taken off
4. The car engines _____ so much smoke and fume that air is badly polluted.
A. give up B. give away C. give in D. give off
5. Although Jane agreed with me on most points, here was one on which she was unwilling to &_____.
A. give up B. give in C. give back D. give away
6. Can you give me another hint without _____ the answer?
A. giving off B. giving up C. giving away D. giving in
7. It was a minor illness, and she soon _____ it.
A. got round B. got over C. got on with D. got up to
8. The story was so touching that I could hardly _____ my tears.
A. hold on B. hold back C. hold up D. hold out
9. They _____ to climb the mountain yesterday afternoon.
A. set about B. set off C. set out D. set down
10. In what year did Magellan _____ on his voyage around the world?
A. set up B. set back C. set for D. set off
11. I want to buy a new tie to _____ the brown suit.
A. go into B. go with C. go after D. go by
12. The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _____.
A. stand up to B. make up for C. come up with D. put up with
13. The manager needs an assistant that he can _____ to take care of problems in his absence.
A. count on B. count in C. count up D. count out
14. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally _____ because of the bad weather.
A. set off B. broken off C. worn off D. called off
15. The new appointment of our president _____ from the very beginning of next semester.
A. takes effect B. takes part C. takes place D. takes turns
16. Some of the suggestions have been adopted but others have been _____ as they are quite impractical.
A. turned out B. turned against C. turned away D. turned down
17. A well-written composition _____ good choice of words and clear organization.
A. calls on B. calls up C. calls for D. calls off
18. Without my glasses I can hardly _____ what has been written in the letter.
A. make for B. make up C. make out D. make up for
19. Last week I _____ an old friend of mine in the shopping mall.
A. ran off B. ran across C. ran down D. ran over
20. Mr White was told again and again to _____ smoking but he just wouldn&t listen.
A. cut through B. cut down C. cut off D. cut away
21. When the whole area was _____ by the flood, the government sent food there by helicopter(直升飞机).
A. cut away B. cut up C. cut down D. cut off
22. The police are _____ the records of all these involved in the crime.
A. looking into B. looking out C. looking after D. looking on
23. She&s bought a pair of glasses, which she can never _____ when reading books.
A. do with B. do away with C. do up D. do without
24. He _____ some Japanese during his trip to Tokyo.
A. picked off B. picked on C. picked up D. picked out
25. The author was _____ in a small village, as is described in some of his stories.
A. brought out B. brought in C. brought up D. brought about
26. The Greyhound _____ outside of New York Bus Station at 6 p.m. and started for Washington D.C. at 6:20 p.m.
A. pulled up B. pulled on C. pulled down D. pulled on
27. As we all know, X _____ something unknown in math.
A. stands for B. stands out C. stands up D. stands up to
28. She is such a nagging (唠叨的) woman. I wonder how you can _____ her.
A. put up with B. get along C. live up to D. keep up with
29. It was _____ for him to wear T-shirt at the formal party.
A. out of place B. out of question C. out of order D. out of practice
30. You&ll have to buy some new shoes as these are _____.
A. used up B. wasted away C. broken down D. worn out
31. It is commonly believed that hard work _____ success.
A. results in B. comes to C. gets to D. arrives at
32. The student was just about to _____ the question, when suddenly he found the answer.
A. arrive at B. submit to C. work out D. give up
33. Mr. Morgan can be very sad _____, though in public he is extremely cheerful.
A. by himself B. in person C. in private D. as individual
34. Some will run the risk of killing themselves and their families ______ admit they don't know how to mend the lamp that has gone wrong.
A. instead of B. rather than C. in place of D. other than
35. Jack is good, hard-working and intelligent. _____, I can&t speak too highly of him.
A. As a result B. In a word C. In other words D. Above all
36. I feel sure that _____ qualification, ability and experience, you are abundantly suited to the position we have in mind.
A. on account of B. in terms of C. in spite of D. by means of
37. Radio and TV help to keep us informed of what is _____ all over the world.
A. taking out B. going on C. making up D. happening in
38. The young couple _____ ¥2000 every month to pay for their son&s education.
A. set off B. go through C. put aside D. pick up
39. We&d better _____ all the crops before the hurricane comes.
A. put out B. get in C. feed on D. bring about
40. By the time the ambulance arrived, the fainted man had already _____.
A. gone out B. left away C. stayed up D. come to
词汇(Vocabulary)
[全真试题]
01-05:DACCB 06-10:DBBBC 11-13:DBB
[巩固与提高]
01-05:DAAAC 06-10:CBCAB 11-15:BCCDD 16-20:ACDBC
21-25:CBDCC 26-30:BDACD 31-35:BAACA 36-40:BDCAD
41-45:BBADD 46-50:BDCDA 51-55:DABCC 56-60:BCCDC
61-65:ABBCD 66:A
II.近形词
[全真试题]
01-03:CBC