1.the girl all her flowers before time beganit began to rain A would sell B has sold C sold D had sold

阅读理解 All over my garden I've planted nothing but roses, because I especially love the flower.A close friend came for a visit the other day.I told her that she should pick a bunch of roses to beauti 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
  All over my garden I've planted nothing but roses, because I especially love the flower.A close friend came for a visit the other day.I told her that she should pick a bunch of roses to beautify her bedroom.I promised that the smell of the roses would be wafted far, far away.
  That girl friend of mine, walking into the garden in high spirits, smelt here and there, but in the end she didn't pick a single rose.I said that she cou I told her that I was not a flower farmer and didn't make a living out of them.Saying so, I raised the scissors for the sacrifice of the flowers, but she stopped me, crying no, no, no!
  To cut such beautiful roses would hurt one, she said.With her hands seizing at my sleeves, she told me that by no means should they be cut.Roses are the smiling face of the earth, and who could be so iron-hearted as to destroy such a charming smile?
  My mind was shocked:the ugly earth, the tough earth, the plain earth-it is for the reason of that smile that it wins the care and pity of people.
The writer plants nothing but roses in her garden probably because ________.
she can make money out of them
her friends like them
she enjoys the roses very much
the roses sell well
The underlined word “wafted” in Paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to “________”.
thrown away
Why did the writer's close friend refuse to pick a single rose?
Because the roses were not beautiful.
Because she loved the roses very much.
Because she did not like this kind of roses.
Because the writer did not want to give her any.
What is the best title for the passage?
The Pity of People to the Roses
A Lover of Flowers
A Lovely Rose Garden
The Smiling Face of the Earth
答案:1.C;2.A;3.B;4.D;
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:名师伴读高中英语二年级上
  New York , May 25?  
Millions of volunteers (志愿者)joined in a long chain spreading 4 125 miles across the world's richest nation Sunday and burst into songs , reaching the highest
development in the Hands Across America road to raise 50 million for the nation's homeless and hungry.  
  The chain began with a 6-year-old homeless girl named Amy in New York's Buttery Park. It spread across 16 states and Washington,
D.C. where it crossed the White House  
to the Queen Mary's port in California. The last people in the line were Bill and Mary Jones and their five
small children, who lived in a family shelter (收容所) for the homeless in Venice, California.  
  The chain was not unbroken some gaps were planned for safety, others opened where there were not enough people to cover the ground. But along most of the route, the healthy joined the sick, beautiful film stars , homeless beggars , wealthy artists , poor children and President and Mrs Regan
all took places in the long line.  
1.What is the main idea of the passage?  
[  ]  
A.Millions of volunteers support the poor.  
B.The longest line is waiting for support.  
C.The homeless and poor need help.  
D.The richest nation faces the problem.  
2.The underlined word “raise” in the first paragraph means _______.  
[  ]  
A.try to lift  
B.manage to collect  
C.bring up  
D.join up  
3.From the article, we know that the volunteers were made up of ________.  
[  ]  
A.both the homeless and the poor  
B.the government officials, including President Regan  
C.people in every field  
D.people of 16 states except Amy  
4.What do you think of the people in the chain spreading 4 125 miles?  
[  ]  
A.They were hand in hand.  
B.They were in good order.  
C.They were troublesome.  
D.They were planned for safety.  
5.Although the United States is a developed country, ________.  
[  ]  
A.there is still a rebellion sometimes.  
B.there is still many people waiting for jobs  
C.there are still some family shelters  
D.there are still many social problems to be solved.
  New York , May 25?  
Millions of volunteers (志愿者)joined in a long chain spreading 4 125 miles across the world's richest nation Sunday and burst into songs , reaching the highest
development in the Hands Across America road to raise 50 million for the nation's homeless and hungry.  
  The chain began with a 6-year-old homeless girl named Amy in New York's Buttery Park. It spread across 16 states and Washington,
D.C. where it crossed the White House  
to the Queen Mary's port in California. The last people in the line were Bill and Mary Jones and their five
small children, who lived in a family shelter (收容所) for the homeless in Venice, California.  
  The chain was not unbroken some gaps were planned for safety, others opened where there were not enough people to cover the ground. But along most of the route, the healthy joined the sick, beautiful film stars , homeless beggars , wealthy artists , poor children and President and Mrs Regan
all took places in the long line.  
1.What is the main idea of the passage?  
[  ]  
A.Millions of volunteers support the poor.  
B.The longest line is waiting for support.  
C.The homeless and poor need help.  
D.The richest nation faces the problem.  
2.The underlined word “raise” in the first paragraph means _______.  
[  ]  
A.try to lift  
B.manage to collect  
C.bring up  
D.join up  
3.From the article, we know that the volunteers were made up of ________.  
[  ]  
A.both the homeless and the poor  
B.the government officials, including President Regan  
C.people in every field  
D.people of 16 states except Amy  
4.What do you think of the people in the chain spreading 4 125 miles?  
[  ]  
A.They were hand in hand.  
B.They were in good order.  
C.They were troublesome.  
D.They were planned for safety.  
5.Although the United States is a developed country, ________.  
[  ]  
A.there is still a rebellion sometimes.  
B.there is still many people waiting for jobs  
C.there are still some family shelters  
D.there are still many social problems to be solved.
来源:福建省泉州五中年高考模拟考试 英语试题
ISC(HS)Reference No.S006864            New South Wales
Student Date of Birth:19/08/1988   Department of Education and Training
                     International Students Centre
Hong Xue              827-839 George Street PO Box 707
60 Waratah Street                Broadway NSW 21007
Croydon Park NSW 2133       Phone:(612)00 302 456
                        Fax:(612)
                 http://www.tafensw.edu.au/international/
WARNING LETTER
Dear Hong Xue,
  As you are aware, your student visa regulations set out a number of conditions applying to your visa.It has come to our attention that you are failing to meet the following conditions:You must maintain accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements that have been approved by your education provider if you:
  ●have not turned 18; and
  ●are not staying in Australia with:
  -a parent
  -a custodian(监护人); or
  -a relative who has been nominated(指定)by your parent or a custodian, is aged at least 21 and is of good character.
  Note:You must not change those arrangements without the written approval of your education provider.
  You must obey the following rules:
  1.During term time you must:
  a)remain in your homestay du
  b)c and
  c)inform your guardian at all times of your whereabouts.
  2.On weekends you must:
  a)have your guardian's permission
  b)inform your guardian of the name, address and phone numbers of people you are visiting.
  3.You must return your guardian's telephone calls.
  This will be your only warning.If you continue to breach(违反)your student visa regulations we will report you to the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs.Such action may lead to the cancellation(取消)of your student visa.Please contact me on(612) or fax(612) if you have questions about your enrolment.
                   Yours sincerely
                   Tracey Carlon
                   Student Advisor
                   International Students Centre
NSW Department of Education and Training
What's the purpose of writing this letter?
To remind the recipient of the conditions for applying for a student visa.
To warn the recipient not to do anything against his student visa regulations again.
To tell the recipient how to contact his student advisor.
To inform the recipient of the student visa regulations.
What can be learned about the recipient from this letter?
He is under 18 and studies in Australia with his parents.
He is required to come home every night according to the rules.
He can stay with his friends on weekends if permitted.
His student Visa has been cancelled.
To which address should the recipient reply if he feels like answering the letter?
Hong Xue at 60 Waratah Street, Croydon Park NSW 2133.
Tracey Carlon at the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs.
Hong Xue at NSW Department of Education and Training.
Tracey Carlon at 827-839 George Street, PO Box 707, Broadway NSW 21007.
来源:浙江省嘉兴一中学年高二10月月考英语试题
  Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel.Green said,“Clearly I am the most important.I am the sign of life and hope.I was chosen for grass, trees and leaves.Without me, all animals would   1  .”
  Blue interrupted,“You only think about the   2  , but consider the sky and the sea.  3   the water that is the basis of life and drawn up by the clouds from the deep sea.Without my peace, you would all be   4  .”
  Yellow chuckled(笑道),“You are all so serious.I bring laughter, fun, and   5   into the world.”
  Orange started next to blow her trumpet,“I am the color of health and strength.I may be   6  , but I am precious for I serve the needs of human life.When I fill the sky   7  , my beauty is so striking that no one gives another   8   to any of you.”
  Red could stand it   9   and he shouted out,“I am the ruler of all of you.I am the color of danger and of bravery.I am willing to   10   truth.I am also the color of passion and of love.”
  Then came Purple and Indigo(深蓝)….
  The colors went on boasting, each convinced of his or her own   11  .Their quarreling became louder and louder.Suddenly there was a startling flash of bright lightening thunder.Rain started to pour down   12  .The colors crouched(蜷缩)down   13  , drawing close to one another for comfort.
  In the midst of the clamor(叫嚷), rain began to speak,“You foolish colors, fighting   14  yourselves, each trying to dominate  15  .Don't you know that you were each made for a special purpose,   16  ?Join hands with   17   and come to me.”
  Doing as they were told, the colors   18   and joined hands.They formed a colorful rainbow.From then on, whenever a good rain   19   the world, a rainbow appears in the sky.They remember to   20   one another.
everything
depression
at midnight
at noon or at night
at sunrise or sunset
during the day
struggle with
superiority
disadvantages
inferiority
peacefully
on purpose
themselves
equal and simple
ordinary and similar
more or less
unique and different
each other
one another
appreciate
quarrel with
来源:0101 期中题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。
&&&& The management and staff are happy to welcome you and will do all they can to make your stay an enjoyable one.                     &&&& MEAL TIMES   &&&& Our overnight charge includes a continental-type breakfast.   &&&& Breakfast: 7:30-9:30 a. m.   &&&& Lunch: 12:00-2:00 p. m.   &&&& Afternoon tea: 4:00-5:30 p. m.   &&&& Dinner: 7:00-9:15 p. m.   &&&& Meals can be served in rooms at a small extra charge. We regret that meals cannot be served outside these times.   &&&& Light refreshments including tea, coffee, biscuits and sandwiches, can be served in rooms between 10:00 a. m. and 11:00 p. m. except during the meal times listed above. Cold drinks are available in the room refrigerator.                    &&&& &&&& ROOM CLEANING   &&&& Please hang the appropriate sign on your door handle if you do not wish to be disturbed. It will be easier for the maids if you can leave the room temporarily at any time between 9:30 a. m. and 4:00 p. m.                     &&&&& VALUABLES   &&&& We are not responsible for the loss of money, jewellery, or other valuables unless they are kept in the safe and signed for by the manager.                     &&&&& DEPARTURES   &&&& Please inform receptionists of your intended leaving before 9:30 a. m. of the day concerned and leave the room by noon to allow for its preparation for incoming guests. If circumstances (情况) require, luggage can be left in the charge of the hall porter.                   &&&& A SPECIAL REQUEST   &&&& We would respectfully suggest that in consideration of the comfort of other guests, the volume of radios and televisions should be turned down after 11:00 p. m. 1. Meals can be served _______.  A. outside the room at 3:00 p. M. B. in the dining-room at 6:00 p. m.   C. in the dining-room from 7:30 a. m. to 9:15 p. M. D. in rooms at 9:00 p. m. 2. If you intend to leave the room tomorrow, you may leave at any of the following hours except _______.   A. 3:00 p. m.     B. 12:00 a. m. C. 10:00 a. m.     D. 11:00 a. m.  3. Where is this notice most likely to be found?   A. At restaurants.    B. In shops. C. In hotels.      D. In the newspapers.  4. What can we conclude from the last paragraph?   A. You should respect the other guests.   B. You are not allowed to use radios and televisions.   C. You shouldn't make the radios and televisions too loud after 11:00 p.m.   D. To comfort others, you should turn off radios and televisions after 11:00 p.m.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!We were going out for a walk it began to rain. A. while B. before C. as D. when 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
We were going out for a walk ________ it began torain.A.while&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. before&&&&&& C.as&&&&&&&&&& D. when&
【答案】D【解析】试题分析:考查连词:句意:我们刚要出去散步,这时开始下雨了。When可以表示“这时”,相当于at that time,while表示“当…时候”,而且表示一段时间,before“在…前面”,as“一边…,一边…,”,选D。考点:考查连词辨析点评:此题主要考查连词的辨析,选择连词主要是看前后句的关系,因果关系用表因果的连词,转折关系用转折连词,并列关系用并列连词,要求考生具有一定的句子分析能力和词义辨析能力。&
请在这里输入关键词:
来源:重庆市2010年高三下学期冲刺试卷(英语)
三、阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)请阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项的标号涂黑。Going back to school is a very excitingevent for my two boys. It means getting new school bags and books, and seeingfriends again after the summer holiday. My oldest son, 9-year-old Salem, asked meseveral times where we would go to buy a backpack, while my other son,6-year-old Abdullah, asked what school would be like this year. For the last three years, school was anightmare for many children and their parents as violence increased and therewere more attacks on schools and teachers. As a result, many parents preventedtheir children from going to school. One of six children in this country didnot attend primary school in 2009. Many kids who did attend school wereaccompanied by a parent for the entire day to make sure nothing happened totheir children. For poor families or those with largefamilies, back to school can be an expensive time. The government gives somehelp to those living in poor neighborhoods, and school bags, note books andother items(商品) aregiven for free. Most of the merchants who sell notebooksand pens now sell their products out on the street instead of in stores. Theysit on the ground and lay their items on the ground or they have a small tableto sell their goods. The bags cost between $10 and $20, whileclothes and shoes cost between $20 and $30. I found all the things I needed formy sons and even bought something for myself. I spent about $50 on each ofthem, including school uniforms. At the end of the day, we returned to ourhome carrying many shopping bags filled with items that made my children happyand excited to go back to school. I just hope this school year will be apeaceful one. 56.The author’s children are ________ to go to school.A.eager&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.afraid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.unwilling&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. surprised57.The underlined word “nightmare” is the closest in meaning to________. A.fantasy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. dreamworld&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.prison&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. terrible situation58.Many children are not going to school mainly because of ________.A. the terrible education system&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. security problems and povertyC. parents’ distrust inschools&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. the government’s inability59.As a parent, the author ________.A. is unable to afford his kids’schooling&& B. is unwilling to send his kids to schoolC. hopes his kids have a happy schoollife&&&&&&& D. complains school educationcosts too much&
来源:江苏省2010届高三下学期5月模拟考试英语试卷
题型:其他题
第Ⅱ卷& (两部分,共35分)第四部分:任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题l分,满分10分)请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。OPTIMISM HELPED US PERSEVERE(坚持)Left behind, we watched as Shackleton andthe boat sailed away from Elephant Island. The danger of what lay ahead ofthem, the chances of them ever returning to find us, the fear that we mightnever know their fate and possible delays, at first made us feel low anddiscouraged. But it was not for long. There was nothing like a good dinner ofpenguin(企鹅) and somedynamic music to make a man feel more cheerful again.Life now fell into a regular pattern. Justkeeping alive took all our time and energy. For example, we had to gather freshwater by grasping and then melting sea-ice. If this drinking But melting theice was a problem. With no trees growing on Antarctica and no oil, the onlyfuel we could use was seal fat. This gave off oily, black smoke but had headvantage of burning strongly in fierce winds. We could also eat the remainswhen the fire died down.Food was also a problem as there were novegetables or fruit to be found. As one of’ our group, Lionel Greenstreet notedin his diary after a few weeks how bored he was with the meals: “The food nowis pretty well all meat -- seal steaks, cooked seal, penguin steaks, cookedpenguin liver.” As a chef, it was my duty to clean and cook these animals, so Iwas soon being encouraged to vary the meals in whatever way I could. It wasdifficult.We had to be very particular about ourpersonal care because a changeable temperature could harm us. It was almost asdangerous to become too hot from wearing too many clothes as to become too coldfrom wearing too few. Becoming too hot led to sweating and this could freezevery quickly. Another part of the body that needed special caution was theeyes. The ice and snow reflected dangerous rays from the sun so that if we didnot wear sunglasses we would suffer from sun-blindness.Four months of this was as much as thetwenty-two of us could bear in this bone-numbing cold. We were lucky that ourgroup wolf worked hard to show an admirable mental attitude and dealt with ourever-present fears in a positive and successful way. Above all, Shackletonencouraged us to have celebrations: for birthdays, festivals or even justbecause of a good catch of penguin. This kept us cheerful and encouragedharmony in the group.When rescue did come, we felt such reliefand joy that many of us could not hide our tears. We were at last free to gohome to a warm bed, good food and the care of our family and friends. Ouroptimism and faith in Shackleton had helped us persevere in staying alive andhe had repaid us by his commitment to return and save us from a slow butpainful death.
Main Points
Shackleton and his boat having (71)&& ▲&& away, we stayed on Elephant Island, feeling low and discouraged. A dinner of penguin and dynamic music (72)&&& ▲&& us up.
Water problem
To gather fresh water, we grasped and then melt sea-ice by(73)&&& ▲&& seal fat.
(74)&& ▲& problem
Food lacked variety, with only meat from seals and penguins.
Personal care
● Sweating from wearing too many clothes and(75)&& ▲&& from wearing too few could do harm to us. ● We needed to be (76)&& ▲&& of the eyes’ being harmed by the dangerous reflected rays from the sun.
(77)&&& ▲&& for our survival
● Our positive (78)&&& ▲&&& ● Having celebrations ● Harmony in the group
Four months later, we were (79)&& ▲&& by Shackleton. And he
(80)&&& ▲&&& his promise.
来源:广东省学年高一下学期期中测试试题(英语)
To find out how the name Canada came about,we must go back to the 16th century. At that time, the French dreamed ofdiscovering and controlling more land across the world. In 1535 Francois I,King of France, ordered a navigator (航海家) named Jacques Cartier to explore the New world and search for apassage to India. Cartier first arrived at the Gulf of theSt. Lawrence, which he wanted to explore. He did not knowwhat to expect but he hoped that this Gulfwas just an arm of the ocean between two islands. If itwas, he would soon be on his way to the FarEast. So he sailed upwards along the St. LawrenceRiver. However, instead of reaching Asia hearrived at Quebec or Stadacona, as the Indians calledit. It was at this point that the term“Canada” entered the country’s history. Clearly the word“Canada” came from an Indian word “Kanata”,which means village. Cartier first used it when hereferred to Stadacona or Quebec. What ahuge “village” Canada is!57. What was Cartier ordered to do?A. To build a newcountry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. To find the New WorldC. To get in touch with the AmericanIndians&&D. To know more about America and find anew way to Asia58. When Cartier reached the Gulf of St.Lawrence he hoped ________.A. he had got to the FarEast&&&&&&&&&&&& B.it was a water way to the New WorldC. it was a water way to the FarEast&&&&&& D. he had sailed into the Pacific59. Which of the following is TRUEaccording to the passage?A. Quebec and Stadacona were towislands.&&&&B. The Indian language for village isStadacona.C. Quebec and Stadacona were two villagesin Canada.&D. Stadacona was what the Indians calledQuebec.60. Canada was first used to refer to__________.A. Asia&&&& B. the NewWorld&&&&&& C. avillage&&&&&&&& D. Quebec&
来源:学年江苏省高三上学期期中考试英语题
题型:填空题
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。Enjoy English Books on VacationEveryone needs a break, andvacations are not meant for serious study. Instead, they’re a great way to take a break and enjoy a good book. TheSpring Festival is coming up so this is the perfect time to discuss some greatEnglish language literature to take on a long train journey or while you’re hanging out with the family. Before getting into therecommendations, we need to determine your English reading comprehension levelso you don’t pick a book which is so challenging thatit’s stressful or so simple that it’s boring. If you’reat the beginner level, there are two options: reading a children’s book or reading a book that you’veread in Chinese translation. This will help you get over any unfamiliar wordsor phrases, since you’re already familiar with thestory. If you’re at the intermediate level,popular books like pop fiction, mysteries and thrillers are good options, asthey’ll be guaranteed page turners and that willincrease the possibility of your getting all the way through the book. Foradvanced readers, classic works of literature or modern prize winners (Booker, Nobel, Pulitzer) are good options.The most important thing is topick a book that you’re really interested in. When Ipick up a new book in Chinese, the first few chapters are always really hard toget through, as I have to get accustomed to the way the individual author usesthe language. But after the first few chapters, things get a lot easier,especially if I get involved in the story. Some of my favorite Chinese-languageeye candy are books that are series like Brothers by Yu Hua or The Dancer byHai Yan. I like them because there’s always a lot of action andstory development to keep me involved, which helps me make it through thosefirst few chapters.Another great way to keepyourself motivated over the holiday is to find a friend who’s interested in reading the same book. You can make goals thatyou both want to achieve and discuss plot lines or vocabulary issues with eachother by SMS or e-mail. I’m currently doing that with myfriend Laura. We’ve been doing this since we wereclassmates in Chinese at college.Some quick recommendations: HarryPotter, start with the first book
the Nanything by US writer Michael Crichton or British writer Agatha C andif you like horror, US writer Stephen King is always unusual and fun. Butreally you should just find a topic or author that you’reinterested in, and the rest will go from there. Happy reading!
(1) ?▲&&
Enjoy English books on vacation
Find a good book to read on your journey to a distant place or while spending time with your family.
(2) ?▲& &&of proper books
●Beginners may pick a children’s book or a book whose story is (3)& ▲&&& to them. ●Intermediate-level readers will find it (4) &?▲&&&
to read popular books from cover to cover. ●Advanced readers may feel classic works of literature or modern prize winners(5)?▲&& &for their level.
Ways to keep up your (6) ?▲ &&for reading
● Choose a book that is interesting enough to (7) ?▲& you in the story and help you get through some difficult chapters . ●Read along with a friend a book you both feel interested in and (8) ?▲&&& views on plot lines or vocabulary to achieve your common goals.
Books (9)&& ▲&&
● Harry Potter series ● Narnia series ● Works by Michael Crichton ● Works by Agatha Christie ●(10) ?▲&& &fiction by Stephen King
来源:学年江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷
Our boat floated on between walls offorest. It was too thick for us to get a view of the land we were passingthrough, though we knew from the map that our river must be passing throughchains of hills from time to time. Nowhere did we find a place where we couldhave landed: although the jungle did not actually spread right down intothe river, banks of soft mud prevented us from going ashore. In any case, whatwould we have gained by landing? The country was full of snakes and otherdangerous creatures and the jungle was so thick that one would be able toadvance slowly, cutting one's way with knives the whole way. So we stayed inthe boat, hoping that when we reached the sea, a friendly fisherman would pickus up and take us to civilization.As for water, there was a choice. Wecould drink the muddy river water, or die of thirst. We drank the water. Menwho have just escaped from what appeared to be certain death lost all worriesabout such small things as diseases caused by dirty water. In fact, none of ussuffered from any illness as a result.One day we passed another village, butfortunately nobody saw us. We did not wish to risk being taken prisoners asecond time: we might not be so lucky as to escape in a stolen boat again.1.What they could see on theboat was only___ .A. high walls&&&&&&&& B. chains of hills& C. heavy woods D. vast land2.They couldn't land because_______ .A. the mud on the shore wastoo soft&&&&& B. they could not find anyoneC. they could not find the mark on the map D.the forest was too thick to go through3.From the passage, we canlearn that_____ .A. they were in an uninhabited area&&&&&& B. they were on a journey home happilyC. the country was a civilized society&&& D.the country was a tropical jungle coutry4.The best title for thispassage might he______A. I he Problem of Landing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Escape in the JungleC. An Entirely New Experience&&&&&&&&&&& D. Exploration of a River【答案】5.C6.A7.D8.B【解析】略【题型】阅读理解【适用】一般【标题】2011届江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷【关键字标签】江西省吉安市,高三英语,期末【结束】&&18【题文】If you travel to a new exhibition at the San Francisco Conservatory ofFlowers, you will have chances to see some meat-eating plants. Take bladderworts, a kind of such plant, forexample. They appear so small and grow in a quiet pond. &But these are thefastest known killers of the plant kingdom, able to capture a small insect in 1/50 of a second using a trap door!&Once the trap door closes on thevictim, the enzymes (酶)similar to those in the human stomach slowly digest the insert.When dinner is over, the plant opens the trap door and is ready to trap again.Meat-eating plants grow mostly in wetareas with soil that doesn't offer much food nutrition. In such conditions,these amazing plants have developed insect traps to get their nutritional needsover thousands of years. North America has more such plants than any othercontinents.Generally speaking, the traps may haveattractive appearance to fool the eye, like pitcher plants, which get theirname because they look like beautiful pitchers full of nectar (花蜜).Hair-like growths along the pitcherwalls ensure that nothing can escape, and the digestive enzymes can get towork. A tiny insect can be digested in a few hours, but a fly takes a couple ofdays.Some of these pitchers are large enoughto hold 7.5 liters. Meat-eating plantsonly eat people in science fiction movies, but sometimes a bird or other smallanimals will discover that a pitcher plant isn't a good place to get a drink.9.FromParagraph 1,we learn that bladderworts can__ .A. kill an insect in a second&&&&&&&& B. digest a fly in a few hoursC. be found floating on a quiet lake& D.capture an insect in 1/50 of a second10.Ifthe trap door of a meat-eating plant is closed, the plant isA. fooling insects into taking a sip& B. producing nectarC. tempting insects to come close&&&& D.enjoying a dinner11.Meat-eating plants can growin wet and poor soil because they&&& .A. can get nutrition from animals&&&& B. don't need much food nutritionC. can make the most of such conditions&&& D.have developed digestive enzymes12.What can be captured bymeat-eating plants for food?A. A child. B. A dog.&& C. A little bird.&& D. A little fish.&【答案】13.D14.D15.A16.C【解析】略【题型】阅读理解【适用】一般【标题】2011届江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷【关键字标签】江西省吉安市,高三英语,期末【结束】&19【题文】You know Australia is a big country, but you may not know how easy it is toget around. The untouched beaches that go for miles and deserts that touch thehorizon are just there, waiting to be reached and explored. The following arethe different ways you can explore our vast country.Flying is the best way to cover largedistances in a short time. You can spend more time on the Australia'scan't-miss landscapes and relaxing lifestyle. Moreover, competition amongairlines makes great flying fees available for you.Australia has a vast network ofwell-maintained roads and some of the most beautiful touring routes in theworld. You have no difficulty finding car rental companies at major airports,central city locations, suburbs and attractions.Bus travel in Australia is comfortable , easy and economical. Buses generallyhave air conditioning, reading lights, adjustable seats and videos. Servicesare frequent, affordable and efficient. RailTrain travel is the cheapest and givesyou an insight into Australia's size and variety, all from the comfort of yourcarriage. Scheduled services are a great way to get quickly between our citiesand regional centers. (轮渡)The Spirit of Tasmania runs a passengerand vehicle ferry service between Melbourne and Tasmania nightly. Extra senices are running during summer rush hours. Sea-link ferries connect South Australia and KangarooIsland several times a day. Ferries connect suburbs in our capital cities.With easy-on-the-feet pedestrian.(行人)streets, walking is a great way to getaround our cities.Besides all the above, you can alsoexperience some of the longest:tracks and trails in the world in central Australia——impressive journeys of a thousandkilometers or more that can take several weeks to complete.17.The underlined word&untouched& in Paragraph 1 means__ .A. secure&&&&&&&& B. special&&&&&&&&& C. natural&&&&&&&&& D.artificial18.Whichof the following is true about travelling in Australia?A.&& You can easily rent a car toexplore its beautiful touring routes.B.& More travellers make the flying feesamong airlines higher than before.C.& Taking a bus tour is the mostcomfortable, economical and efficient way.D.& Train services can offer you morecomfort than any other means of transport,19.Ferryservice between Melbourne and Tasmania usually runs_ •A. several times a day&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. only at night hoursC. between different cities&&&&&&&&&& D.only during rush hours20.Fromthe passage, we know that_____ .E.&& travelling in centralAustralia is time-consumingF.&& central Australia has theworld's shortest railway lineG.& pedestrian walking is a great way totravel between citiesH.& you have no choice but to walk over 1,000 kilometers in centralAustralia21.C22.A23.B24.A【解析】略【题型】阅读理解【适用】一般【标题】2011届江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷【关键字标签】江西省吉安市,高三英语,期末【结束】20【题文】BUKHANNON, West Virginia~~Two rescue teams slowly moved along a two—mile path on Monday night to the siteof a coal mine explosion that trapped 13 miners, who had not been heard from since the early morningaccident.Meanwhile, at a nearby church, morethan 250 family members and friendsgathered, waiting for updates on the rescuers' progress.The miners were trapped at about .6:30 and many families weren'tinformed of the accident until about 10 a.m.~~more than three hours after it happened. &It's veryupsetting, but you've got to be patient, I guess,& said John Helms, whosebrother, Terry, was trapped in the mine.The trapped miners were about 260 fee underground and about 10,000 feet from the Sago Mine'sentrance, said Roger Nicholson, a lawyer from International Coal Group.At a late night news conference,Nicholson said one team had advanced about 4, 800 feet in the four hours since enteringthe mine just before 6 p.m. Another team entered the mine about 30 minutes later.He said the crew was very experienced,with some members having worked underground for 30 to 35 years. The miners were equipped withal&out one hour of breathable oxygen each. The company has not released thenames of the miners.The teams test the air about every 500 feet, and have to disconnect the powerto the phones they use to communicate with the surface before doing that.&We don't want to be electrifying anything if it's in an atmospfiere withhurnahle gases,& Kips said.The cause of the explosion was notimmediately known. High levels of carbon monoxide ( 一氧化物) were discovered shortly after theexplosion, which delayed rescue efforts, but those levels have weakened sincethen, authorities said.25.Accordingto the passage, we ran infer that_ .I.&&&& communication with thetrapped miners was cut offJ.&&& the rescue started as soonas the accident happenedK.& the two rescue teams entered the mineat the same timeL.&& all the miners who weretrapped underground were still alive26.Ifthe first team advanced at an average speed, they could dig about______per hour.1,000 feet&&&&&&&& B. 1,200 feet&&&&&& C. 2,400 feet&&&&&& D.4,800 feet27.Whereran the passage he seen?A. Iii a magazine.&&& B. In a science hook. C. On an advertisement. D. In a newspaper.【答案】28.A29.B30.D【解析】略【题型】阅读理解【适用】一般【标题】2011届江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷【关键字标签】江西省吉安市,高三英语,期末【结束】21【题文】You wake up in the morning, the day isbeautiful and the plans for the day are what you have been looking forward to for a long time. Then the telephone rings, yousay hello, and the drama starts. The person on tbe other end has a depressingtone in his voice as he starts to tell you how terrible his morning is and thatthere is nothing to look forward to. Are you still in a wonderful mood?Impossible!Communieating with negative people canwash out your happiness. It may not change what you think, but communicatinglong enough with them will make you feel depressed for a moment or a long time.Life brings ups and downs, but somepeople are stuck in the wrong idea that life has no happiness to offer. Theyonly feel glad when they make others feel bad. No wonder they can hardly winothers' pity or respect.When you communicate with positivepeople, your spirit stays happy and therefore more positive things areattracted. When the knife of a negative person is put in you, you have theheavy feeling that, all in all, brings you down.Sometimes we have no choice but tocommunicate with negative people. This could be a co-worker, or a relative. Inthis case, say what needs to be said as little as possible. Sometimes it feelsgood to let out your anger back to the negative person, but this is to loweryou to that same negative level and they won't feel ashamed of themselves aboutthat.Negativity often affects happinesswithout even being realized. The negative words of others at the start of theday can be attached to you throughout the rest of your day, which makes youfeel bad and steals your happiness. Life is too short to feel negative. Staypositive and avoid negativity as much as possible.31. Which of the following shows theposition where the miners were trapped? (E: entrance P: position where the miners were trapped)32.Thepurpose of Paragraph 1 is to____ .A. make a comparison&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. introduce a topicC. offer an instructive story&&&&&&&& D.tell a true story33.Howcan negative people have effect on us?A. By influencing ouremotion.&&&&&&& B. By telling us the nature of life.C. By changing our way of thinking.&& D.By comparing their attitude to life with ours.34.Some negative people basetheir happiness on —.A. their pity for other people&&&&&&& B. their respect for others 'C. building up a positive attitude&&& D.making other people unhappy 35.According to the passage, to reducenegative people's influence on us, we are advised.A.& to change negative people's attitude tolifeB.& to show our dissatisfaction to negativepeopleC.& to make negative people feel as hamedof themselvesD.& to communicate with negative people aslittle as possible&&& . 【答案】36.A37.B38.A39.D40.D【解析】略【题型】阅读理解【适用】一般【标题】2011届江西省吉安市高三上学期期末教学质量评价英语试卷【关键字标签】江西省吉安市,高三英语,期末【结束】&【题文】对话填空(本节共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分) 个英语单词的完整、正确的形式,使对话通顺。&&&&&&W = Wendy.M: I'd like to 41.d_ something with you. Do you have aminute?&&&&&& 42. ______W: Sure. Ijust got off my eleven o'clock class. I don't have another class until thisafternoon.M: Good, listen! I've just 43.r ‘ an e-mail from the computer center.They are &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&44.______looking for students to help with the work of the school website thissummer.They need two 45.a____ to help with the project. They asked meif I knew&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&46.______any qualified students who might be 47.i& in it. I thought you mightlike &&&&&&&&&&48.______to have a 49.t___ .&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&50.______W: 51.S______ interesting, but my knowledge ofcomputers is&&&&&&&& 52.______53.p______ limited.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 54.______ —M: Well, I don't think any 55.s experience or knowledge is necessary.&& 56.______And with your interest in computers andthe Internet, I think you would be goodfor the job. 57.B___ , they are paying good money. What doyou think? &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&58.______.W: It seems like a great 59.c______to get some experience.Thanks for thinking &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&60.______of me!&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 before time began 的文章

随机推荐