Mother found him ____(be pleased with)with the gift ___(give)him on his birthday. 还有几道非谓语的

八年级英语上册:阅读理解-共享资料网
八年级英语上册:阅读理解
阅读理解&完形填空每日一练It was Sunday. Little Jim____(1) early. Two of pandas were on show in London for the first time. He didn't see such animals before. So he asked his father, Mr. Black, to take him ____(2) them. After breakfast the father and son ___(3) to the bus stop____(4). After a while, a red bus came and Mr. Black got on it___ (5) his son in his arms. But there was ___ (6) in it. He had to stand by the door. A young man___ (7) and said, &Please take my seat, sir. &&Thank you very much,& Mr. Black said and sat down. And little Jim sat on his father's knees (膝盖) . &Try to be a gentleman(绅士), Jim,& said Mr. Black. &The young must___ (8) for the old and must ask women___ (9) their seats.& Just then, a woman got on and stood by Mr. Black. Little Jim jumped off his father's knees at once and said, &Please take____ (10) seat, madam!& ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( )1. A gets up )2. A to see )3.A hurries )4. A )5.A )6. A )7. A )8. A )9. A )10.A on foot to not seat. stand up make room has. me . B got up B to look at B. hurried B by bus B of B no seat B . stands up B. make a room B have B my C will get up C to watch C hurry C by bike C with C . .not any C stood up C . made room C to have C I(A) China will host the Olympic Games in 2008. We are going to help make the Olympic a success(成功), leaving a good impression(印象) on the whole world. We would like to be volunteers(志愿者). Kate wants to help the tourists who can‘t speak Chinese. She thinks it‘s a good way to learn English. And Mary is going to be a waitress in a hotel. She wants to serve athletes. She thinks she can meet lots of athletes and make friends with them. Victor is going to clean the floor at the basketball stadium. He can see his favorite basketball players. Selina likes skating very much. So she is going to help the ice skaters do something. Tom and Kin‘s favorite sport is table tennis. So they are going to pick up Ping-Pong balls for ping-pong players. At the same time, they can enjoy some beautiful matches. All of us are very happy to be volunteers. ( )1.In which city is the Olympic Games going to be held in 2008? A. Beijing B. Paris C. Sydney ( )2.What‘s Kate going to d for the 2008 Olympic Games? A. To be a waitress in a hotel. B. To help the tourists who can‘t speak Chinese. C. To work in a hotel. ( )3.Why is Mary going to be a waitress? A. Because she would like to make friends with athletes. B. She thinks it‘s a good way to learn English. C. Because she wants to learn English. ( )4.Who is going to help basketball players? A. Victor B. Tom C. Mary ( )5.What sport does Selina like? A. basketball B. ping-pong C. skating (B) Charlie Chaplin(卓别林) was born in 1889 in London. His mother was a dancer. His father was an actor, but he has not much money. Charlie Chaplain was good at singing and dancing. In 1894, he started dancing and singing for money. In 1904, he joined a travelling theatre company and were to America. In 1910, someone asked him to perform(表演) in a film. And he went to Hollywood(好莱坞). He became a film director in 1914. He worked very hard and he made many funny films between 1914 and 1966. In 1977, he died(死) in Switzerland, people all over the world were very sad. ( )6.Charlie Chaplin was born in ______. A. England B. America C. France ( )7.Charlie Chaplin‘s parents ______. A. made a lot of money by giving performance B. were not very rich1 ( ( (C. had a travelling theatre company )8.Chaplin began to make money(赚钱) when he was _______ years old. A.15 B.21 C.5 )9.Chaplin became a film actor in ________. A.1894 B.1904 C.1910 )10.Which of the four is Not true? A. Charlie was only 15 when he came to the USA. B. When Charlie died, nobody was sad. C. Charlie went to Hollywood in 1910. 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练Mrs.Yuan is a writer.She is 1 and often helps the poor persons.It was a very cold 2 morning. On the way to her office, she saw an old man 3 on the ground. She came to him and helped him to 4 and bought some water and bread for him.The old man ate up the food quickly and 5 her very much.Then she asked, DWhere do you live, Grandpa?‖DI have no 6 , madam,‖said the old man.DI have to sleep outside 7 .‖DHow old are you?‖DNinety―two , madam.‖Yuan became 8 and went on asking, DWhy not live in the old people‘s house‖ D 9 I have a son,‖said the old man.DThey have 10 admitted(接纳)a person who has children.I have a son.‖DWhere is your son, then?‖DHe has no children, so the old people‘s house admitted him.‖DIt‘s unfair!‖said Mrs.Yuan. ( )1.A.strange B.kind C.terrible D.healthy ( )2.A.snowy B.rain C.cloudy D.sunny ( )3.A.walking B.running C.jumping D.lying ( )4.A.hurry B.look up C.sit up D.get on ( )5.A.thanked B.hated C.liked D.loved ( )6.A.farm B.trees C.clothes D.house ( )7.A.at noon B.at night C.every morning D.one morning ( )8.A.sad B.sorry C.surprised D.a number ( )9.A.As B.Because C.Since D.While ( )10.A.never B.always C.often D.Sometimes (A) Mr. White was a very busy businessman. He a1ways worked a11 day. Sometimes he could not have a rest on Sundays,so he usually forgot the date. Last Saturday. he remembered it was his wife's birthday. DI often forget her birthday.‖ he said to himself, Dbut not this time.‖ Then he went to a flower shop and bought some beautiful flowers. When Mr. White got home,he gave the flowers to Mrs. White and said,DHappy birthday! January 15 is your birthday. I didn't forget it.‖ DYes. but my birthday was yesterday. It's January 16. But thank you all the same.‖ Mrs. White said. ( ) 1.Mr White was very . A. busy B. free C. happy ( ) 2.Mr White worked on Sundays. A. sometimes B. always C. never ( ) 3.Mr White often forgot . A. his work B. his wife C. his wife‘s birthday ( ) 4.He bought for his wife. A. a blouse B. a dress C. some flowers ( ) 5.Mrs White‘s birthday was on . Saturday B.January15 C.January16 (B) Mr Jones has a special way of waking Lily in the morning.He sends Lily‘s dog, Frank, into her bedroom.Frank jumps up and licks(舔)Lily‘s face, then Lily gets out of her bed.That‘s how every school day starts.2 One Monday morning, Lily got out of bed and looked at the clock.It was 6:45.Lily washed and dressed.She moved quickly.She knew she didn‘t have much time to get ready for school. The school bus usually stops at the corner of her street at 7:30. She has to be at the bus stop by then. DWhat‘s for breakfast?‖asked Lily.Her father gave her two eggs and a glass of orange juice. DHurry up,‖said Mr Jones.DWhere‘s your homework? Do you have that note I gave you for Mrs Brown? Don‘t forget it.Here‘s your lunch money.‖ Lily got her books and homework all together.She found the note and took the lunch money.She put everything in her schoolbag.Then she rushed off to catch the bus at 7:30. The bus was right on time. Lily got on and sat down next to her friend Bill. Then Lily and Bill started to tell each other jokes.It was nice to relax. ( )1.In the morning wakes up Lily. A.Mrs Jones B.Mr Jones C.Frank D.the clock ( )2.One Monday morning Lily got up at . A.6:45 B.7:00 C.7:20 D.7:30 ( )3.Lily had to take to Mrs Brown. A.her homework B.her dog C.lunch money D.a note ( )4.This passage tells us Lily usually to school. A.walks B.rides her bicyle C.takes the bus D.takes the subway ( )5.Which of the following is TRUE? A.Lily has a dog. B.Mrs Jones is an English teacher. C.Bill is Lily‘s brother. D.Lily likes hamburgers for breakfast. 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 Reading newspapers has become an important part of our everyday life. Some people read newspapers 1 the first thing to do in the morning, others read newspapers as soon as they have free time during the day 2 they can learn what 3 in the world. People just choose their favorite newspapers. Some like the world news, and 4 prefer short stories. Sometimes we don‘t have enough time 5 all the news carefully, so we just 6 a quick look at the front page. At other time, we 7 be in such a hurry that we only have a few minutes to look at the titles(标题) of the passages. Today, newspapers in English have 8 of readers in the world. The English language is so popular 9 many Chinese students are reading English newspapers, such as China Daily, 21st Century and so on. They bring 10 information together with the Internet. We can‘t live without newspapers. ( )1. A.for B. to C. like D. as ( )2. A. because of B. so that C. though D. such that ( )3. A. happens B. happened C. is happening D. will happen ( )4. A. some B. others C. the others D. else ( )5. A. to read B. read C. reads D. reading ( )6. A. get B. take C. bring D. give ( )7. A. must B. need C. should D. may ( )8. A. the large number B. the larger number C. the largest number D. the most large number ( )9. A. if B. that C. because D. though ( )10. A. many and many B. many and more C. more and more D. most and most (A) Sally was a student.It was going to be her mother‘s birthday.She wanted to buy her a present that would be nice and useful but not expensive.3 A week before her mother‘s birthaday, she went shopping after a quick and simple lunch.When she had been looking for half an hour, she found a shop that was selling cheap umbrellas, and decided to take a black one since her mother had lost hers the month before. She thought, DYou could carry that when you are wearing clothes of any color. ‖So she decided to buy a lovely black umbrella and took to the school with her until her classes had finished. On her way back home in the train that evening, she felt hungry because she had such a small lunch that she went along to the buffet car(便餐车) for another sandwich and a cup of coffee.She had left the black umbrella above her seat in the compartment(车厢), but when she got back, it had gone! When she had left the compartment, there had been no other passengers in it, but now there were three. Sally began to cry when she saw that the umbrella was no longer there.The other passengers felt very sorry for her and asked what the matter was.She told them that the black umbrella she had bought for her mother was gone, and that she had to get out at the next station.After the three other passengers heard it, they asked her for her mother‘s address so that they could send the umbrella to her if someone had taken it by mistake, and brought it back after Sally had got out of the train. The next week, Sally heard from her mother.It said, DThank you very much for your lovely presents, but why did you send me three black umbrellas?‖ ( )1.Which of the following has the same meaning with the sentence DYou could carry thatwhen you are wearing clothes of any color‖? A.You can carry it when you are wearing any clothes. B.Any color of your clothes will be all right. C.The umbrella will be OK for your clothes in any colors. D.You can take any clothes that you like to wear. ( )2.Where did she find the umbrella missing? A.The compartment. C.The buffet car. ( B.Her school. D.The shop. .)3.From the passage, we can infer (推断) thatA.her mother would write to her if she didn‘t receive the present B.the three umbrellas were sent by the girl C.only four peoele had ever been to the compartment D.nobody brought the umbrella back ( )4.The best name of the story is .4 A.A Lucky Girl C.Mother‘s present ( )5.What does the writer want to tell us?B.The Missing Umbrella D.A Happy MotherA.You should take care of your things when you are traveling. B.Show your love to others, and they will bring you love. C.Chinldren should often come back to see their parents. D.It‘s no use crying when you are in trouble. (B) If you can speak English, you know a lot of English words.You can read, speak and understand.But there is another kind of language you need to know- the language of the body. All over the world, peopleDtalk‖ with their hands, with their heads and with their eyes. When Japanese people meet, they bow (鞠躬;弯腰) .When Indians meet, they put their hands together.What do American and British people do? Americans are more informal (不拘礼节的) than the British.They like to be friendly.They use first names, they ask questions and they talk easily about themselves.When they sit down, they like to relax in their chairs and make themselves comfortable. British people are more reserved (矜持的, 缄默的) . They take more time to make friends. They like to know you before they ask you something of your home. When British and American people meet someone for the first time, they shake hands.They do not usually shake hands with people they know well.Women sometimes kiss their women friends, and men kiss women friends.When a man meets a man friend, he just smiles, and says DHello‖ .Men do not kiss each other, or hold hands.Even fathers and sons do not often kiss each other. ( )6.People can communicate with each other using A.only words C.only the English language ( )7.We can learn from the passage that .B.only body language D.not only words but also body language .A.handshake and kiss can not be used in greeting B.people can Dtalk‖ with their hands, heads and eyes C.only a few people use body language D.body language is more often used by people than words ( )8.British people take more time to make friends because .5 A.they are quite conservative (保守的) B.they don‘t like people to go to their homes C.they are not as friendly as the Americans D.they find it more interesting to stay alone ( )9.When Indians meet, they A.kiss each other C.put their hands together ( )10.In the USA and British, . . B.bow to each other D.just smileA.men always kiss their women friends when they meet B.people would like to shake hands whenever they meet their friends C.women are more likely to kiss each other while men aren‘t D.fathers and sons often kiss each other阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 Flies (苍蝇) usually live in the dirty places. Let‘s look at a fly, and see where it 1 . First, it flies out of the window, 2 it stands on 3 dirty things in the street, and then it flies back to the house and walks over your 4 When a fly walks on the dirty things in the street, its 5 have got some germs 6 them. When the fly walks on your food with its dirty feet, it 7 the germs on your food. What can you 8 First, we learn that we mustn‘t leave dirty things in the street or on the ground near 9 . Second, we learn that all food must be covered so that flies may not 1 it. Third, we learn that flies often carry germs and we must kill them as soon as we see them. ( )1. A. walks B. stands C. lives D. flies ( )2. A. first B. second C. third D. fourth ( )3. A. some B. any C. every D. each ( )4. A. food B. drink C. cups D. bowls ( )5. A. body B. feet C. eyes D. head ( )6. A. in B. to C. on D. over ( )7. A. carries B. has C. leaves D. takes ( )8. A. study from B. study for C. learn for D. learn from ( )9. A. the factory B. our door C. our house D. a window ( )10. A. arrive B. get C. arrive in D. get to(A) These days most people in Britain and the U. S. A. do not wear very formal clothes. But sometimes it is important to wear the right clothes. Many British people don‘t think about clothes very much. They just like to be comfortable. When they6 want to enjoy themselves, they can wear almost anything. At theaters, cinemas and concerts you can wear whatever you like. From beautiful suits and dresses to jeans and sweaters. Anything goes as long as(只要) you look clean and tidy. But in Britain and the U. S. A. , men in offices usually wear suits and ties, and women wear dresses or skirts(not trousers). Doctors and business people always wear quite formal clothes. And in some hotels and restaurants men have to wear ties and women have to wear tidy dresses. In many ways, Americans are less formal than British people, but they are more careful with their clothes. At home or on holidays, most Americans wear uniforms or sports clothes. But when they go out in the evening, they like to look nice. But in good hotels and restaurants, men have to wear jackets and ties, and women wear pretty clothes. It‘s hard to say exactly what people wear in Britain and the U. S. A., because everyone is different. If you are not sure what to wear, watch first and then do the same. You‘ll feel more comfortable if you don‘t look too different from everyone else. ( )1. People in Britain and the U. S. A. wear informal clothes when they ____. A. go out to enjoy themselves B. are in offices C. are in big restaurants D. go out to work ( )2. At concerts, doctors wear ____. A. sweaters B. whatever they like C. what others wear D. like players ( )3. Which of the following is not true according to the passage? A. Women are usually not allowed to wear trousers in offices. B. Officers always wear formal clothes even though they are at home. C. Americans are more relaxed in their clothes than British people. D. Though everyone is different, they wear the same clothes in offices. ( )4. DAnything goes‖ in the second paragraph means D____‖. A. Any clothes are all right B. Anything wears C. All the things around are all right D. Not any clothes are all right ( )5. Men wear ties when they ____ in the U. S. A. A. meet their families B. meet their close friends C. eat something delicious D. have dinner in good restaurants (B) Quick Service A man took a pair of shoes to a shoe repair shop and said to the shoemaker, DI‘d like you to repair these shoes for me, please.‖ DCertainly, sir.‖ the shoemaker said. DWhen will they be ready?‖ the man asked. DI‘m a bit busy, but they will be ready for you on Thursday,‖ he said. DThat‘s fine.‖ the man said and left the shop. The next morning he received a letter, offering him a job in another country. Within 24 hours he was on an airplane to his new job. Twenty years passed and he returned to his hometown. He remembered his shoes. DThey were a good pair of shoes,‖ he thought, DI wonder if the shoemaker is still there and still has them. I‘ll go and see. ‖ The same shop, although he was an old man by now. DGood morning. ‖ he said to the shoe maker, DTwenty years ago, I brought in a pair of shoes. Do you still have them?‖7 DName?‖ the old shoemaker asked. DSmith.‖ the man said. DI‘ll go and see. They may be in the back.‖ The shoemaker went out to the back of his shop and a few minutes later returned, carrying a pair of shoes. DHere they are.‖ he said, DOne pair of brown shoes. I‘m a bit busy now, but they‘ll be ready on Thursday.‖ ( )1. Why did the man go to a shoemaker? A. They were old friends. B. He wanted him to make a new pair of shoes. C. He wanted him to repair a pair of shoes. D. He had a very old pair of boots. He wanted to repair it. ( )2. Why didn‘t the man return to the shoe repair shop on Thursday? A. He forgot. B. He went to another country. C. He was too busy. D. He knew the shoes would not be ready. ( )3. The man was away from his hometown ____. A. until Thursday C. until the next morning C. for about 20 years D. for a few days ( )4. What did the man do when he returned to his hometown? A. He looked for a new job. B. He bought a new pair of shoes. C. He visited all his friends. D. He returned to the shoemaker. ( )5. The man finally found that ____. A. his shoes were still there, but the shoemaker didn‘t repair them B. his shoes were not there C. the shoemaker repaired the shoes D. the shoemaker lost the shoes 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 I like my bike. It brings me a lot of fun. When I was an 1 boy, my father bought it for me. It is my Dhorse‖. I often go to school 2 my bike. I like riding a bike 3 it is very convenient. If I go out by bike, it is 4 to find a place for parking it. Bikes are very cheap, so most people can buy one. There are three people in my family. 5 of us has a bike. My parents are teachers in my school. In the morning, Mum, Dad and I each 6 to school. However on a rainy day we walk to school, because the road is bad for riding. I think riding bikes can make us 7 . It not only helps us exercise more but also 8 the air clean. The bike is very important in Chinese people‘s life. So riding bikes can help you to 9 more about China and the Chinese people. Now people in the world say China is the country of bikes because there are 10 bikes in China. I hope people all round the world like them. ( )1. A. eight years old B. eight year old C. eight-year-old D. eight-years-old ( )2. A. by B. on C. from D. in ( )3. A. so B. but C. while D. because ( )4. A. hard B. late C. happy D. easy ( )5. A. Each B. Both C. None D. Some ( )6. A. walk B. run C. drive D. ride ( )7. A. strange B. busy C. strong D. poor ( )8. A. feels B. keeps C. sees D. likes ( )9. A. tell B. know C. visit D. ask ( )10. A. so many B. so much C. too much D. many tooWhen Mr. David retired(退休), he bought a small house in a village near the sea. He liked it and hoped to live a quiet life in it. But to his surprise, many visitors came to see his house in summer holidays, for it was the most interesting building in the village. From morning to night, there were visitors outside the8 house. They kept looking into the rooms through the windows and many of them even went into the house. He decided to drive the visitors away. So he put a notice on the window. The notice said,DIf you want to satisfy your curiosity(好奇心),come in and look around. Price: twenty dollars.‖Mr. David was sure that the visitors would stop coming, but he was wrong. More and more visitors came and Mr. David had to spend every day showing them around his house. DI came here to retire, not to work as a guide(导游)‖, he said ( )1. Mr. David‘s house was that many visitors came to see it. A. so small B. so quiet C. so interesting D. such interesting ( )2. Mr. David put a notice on the window in order . A. to drive the visitors away B. to satisfy the visitors curiosity C. to let visitors come in and look around D. to get some money out of the visitors ( )3. The notice made the visitors . A. more interested in his houseD. feel happy about the price ( )4. After Mr. David put up the notice . A. the visitors didn‘t come any more B. fewer and fewer visitors came to see his house C. more and more visitors came for a visit D. no visitor would pay the money for a visit ( )5. At last he had to sell his house and move away because . A. he did not like it at all B. he could not work as a guide C. he made enough money and wanted to buy a new expensive house D. he could not live a quiet life in it I was born in the Tronto, Canada. Life looked bright and was filled with hope for my parents and me. My father and mother were married in 1980, and I was born next year. As I grew into a man, I often looked to my father for advice and support. There were many things about his character that I admired, but like any young boy, I often thought that my father‘s ideas were from the past and out of date. I did well as a student and was the first person in my family to graduate from university. I went on to be a university professor and writer, and most people would say that I have had a very successful life. But I know much of my success is because of the lessons that he passed onto me. On Father‘s Day, I will look in the mirror and smile. My dad gave me many gifts, including my now bald head (秃顶), and the friendly smile that my friends say I have. Thank you again, dad. I miss you. Happy Father‘s Day. ( ) 1.This passage should be a(an) _____________. A. note B. letter C. invitation D. poster ( ) 2.What does the underlined phrase Dout of date‖ mean? A.时尚 B. 迂腐 C. 固执 D. 过时 ( ) 3.From the passage we can know ____________. A. the writer is grateful to his father for what his father has done B. the writer misses his father very much C. the writer‘s life is bright and full of hope D. the writer‘s father is loving9 B Have you ever seen snow? Many people in the world have not. Some count some have only a little on the tops of very high mountains. In the north of England, there is quite a lot of snow every winter, but in the south of England, there is usually little. When a student from a warm country comes to England in autumn for the first time, he feels cold at first. There are often dark clouds, grey sky and cold rain in England in autumn, and most students from warm countries do not like this. But snow is different. Though it is cold, it is also beautiful. Perhaps, after several dark mornings, the student wakes up one day, and there is a lot of light in his room. He thinks DIs it so late?‖ and jumps out of bed. But no, it is not very late. He looks out of the window and there is the snow on the ground and on the houses and everywhere. The light of his room comes from clean, beautiful snow. ( )4. In which part of England is there much snow in winter? A. In the east. B. In the north. C. In the west. D. In the south. ( )5. In the autumn of England, we can NOT often see __________. A. grey sky B. dark clouds C. strong winds D. cold rain ( )6. Why does the student ask himself DIs it so late?‖ A. Because he has some work to do. B. Because it is bright in the room. C. Because it is really late. D. Because he usually gets up early. ( )7. Which of the following statements is true? A. Every country in the world has snow in winter. B. Foreign students like the weather in England. C. It is often very warm in the autumn of England. D. Many people in the world haven‘t seen snow. C One night a man came to our house and told me, DThere is a family with eight children. They have nothing to eat for days.‖ I took some food and went. When I finally came to the family, I saw the ugly face of those little children by hunger. There was no sorrow (悲伤) or sadness in their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She divided(分) it into two, and went out, carry half the rice with her. When she came back, I asked her, DWhere did you go?‖ She gave me this simple answer, DTo my neighbours----they are also hungry.‖ ( ) 8. The writer thought poor people were _________. A. lucky B. generous C. ugly D. sad ( ) 9. The mother went out to _________. A.give some rice to her neighbours B.look for her children C. cook the rice D. buy some rice ( ) 10. Which is not true about the story? A. The story happened at night. B. The family was kind and generous. C. The family had nothing to eat because they were lazy. D. As a rule, we have no time for others when we are in trouble.阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 What does Dgetting along with your teacher‖ mean, anyway? DGetting along‖ means you and your10 teacher have a relationship that 1 for both of you, and that you both get what you 2 from the relationship. For your teacher, he or she wants to make 3 you are careful, being respectful and polite, and 4 your best to learn. For you, you 5 a teacher who respects you, answers your questions, and tries to 6 you learn. You can get along with your teacher and learn without being friends with him or her, although it‘s 7 if that happens. In every school, kids say some teachers are too 8 or serious, but don‘t judge a teacher 9 you are in his or her class and can see for yourself. Most of time, your teacher is on your 10 . And a teacher who‘s strict may be someone who 11 to do his or her job well―teaching you the 12 you should learn. It‘s also 13 to remember that making mistakes is a 14 of learning. By pointing out your mistakes and helping you 15 them, a teacher is teaching you. 1. A. works B. offers C. looks 2. A. hate B. agree C. need 3. A. right B. sure C. able 4. A. trying B. making C. taking 5. A. become B. refuse C. want 6. A. encourage B. help C. ask 7. A. well B. wrong C. nice 8. A. brave B. strict C. strange 9. A. until B. since C. when 10. A. place B. team C. side 11. A. expects B. fails C. allows 12. A. homework B. subject C. example 13. A. successful B. possible C. important 14. A. part B. piece C. chance 15. A. practice B. receive C. correct (A) The following rules will be used for the Reading Club: 1. All books must be read from page one to the last page in the book. 2. The partner or the teacher will initial the booklist after a student has finished reading a book. Teachers will initial the booklist only for the books read at school. It is the responsibility of the students and parents to write the name of all books read, and the number of pages of the book on the booklist. 3. All books read must be of the student‘s reading level or above. e.g. A third grade student should not read first grade books if he or she is able to read at a third grade or higher reading level. 4. All books the student finishes during the school year will be counted towards the 100 books. Comic books and the like will not be counted. Books of good quality read from the school library, public library, classroom, home, etc. will be counted. 5. When a student has finished a club booklist (one sheet of 25 books or 1,500 pages), he/she should bring the sheet to the office. The child will get a small reward and may get another piece of booklist to go on reading. It takes four booklist sheets for 100 books or four 1,500 pages to reach 6,000 pages. Either way―You‘re a Winner! Choose the best answers. ( ) 1. The students needs to ask his/her parents or teacher initial the booklist ______. A. before he/she reads a book B. after he/she reads a book C. while he/she is reading a book11 ( ) 2. What kind of book will not be counted? A. Story books. B. History books. C. Picture books. ( ) 3. How many books should a student read before he/she get another booklist? A. 25 B. 100 C. 1,500 ( ) 4. What does Dinitial‖ mean in Chinese? A. 借给 B. 还给 C. 签名 ( ) 5. According to the rules, which of the following is NOT true? A. The students should read the whole book through. B. A third grade student can read the first graded books if he/she likes to do so. C. The students needs to read 100 books or 6,000 pages in the school year to be a winner. (B) China will host the Olympic Games in 2008. We are going to help make the Olympic a success(成功), leaving a good impression(印象) on the whole world. We would like to be volunteers(志愿者). Kate wants to help the tourists who can‘t speak Chinese. She thinks it‘s a good way to learn English. And Mary is going to be a waitress in a hotel. She wants to serve athletes. She thinks she can meet lots of athletes and make friends with them. Victor is going to clean the floor at the basketball stadium. He can see his favorite basketball players. Selina likes skating very much. So she is going to help the ice skaters do something. Tom and Kin‘s favorite sport is table tennis. So they are going to pick up Ping-Pong balls for ping-pong players. At the same time, they can enjoy some beautiful matches. All of us are very happy to be volunteers. 46.In which city is the Olympic Games going to be held in 2008? A. Beijing B. Paris C. Sydney ( )6.What‘s Kate going to d for the 2008 Olympic Games? A. To be a waitress in a hotel. B. To help the tourists who can‘t speak Chinese. C. To work in a hotel. ( )7.Why is Mary going to be a waitress? A. Because she would like to make friends with athletes. B. She thinks it‘s a good way to learn English. C. Because she wants to learn English. ( )8.Who is going to help basketball players? A. Victor B. Tom C. Mary ( )9.What sport does Selina like? A. basketball B. ping-pong C. skating . 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 It was Sunday. Little Jim____(1) early. Two of pandas were on show in London for the first time. He didn't see such animals before. So he asked his father, Mr. Black, to take him ____(2) them. After breakfast the father and son ___(3) to the bus stop____(4). After a while, a red bus came and Mr. Black got on it___ (5) his son in his arms. But there was ___ (6) in it. He had to stand by the door. A young man___ (7) and said, &Please take my seat, sir. &&Thank you very much,& Mr. Black said and sat down. And little Jim sat on his father's knees (膝盖) . &Try to be a gentleman(绅士), Jim,& said Mr. Black. &The young must___ (8) for the old and must ask women___ (9) their seats.& Just then, a woman got on and stood by Mr. Black. Little Jim jumped off his father's knees at once and said, &Please take____ (10) seat, madam!& ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( )1. A gets up )2. A to see )3.A hurries )4. A )5.A )6. A )7. A )8. A on foot to not seat. stand up make room B got up B to look at B. hurried B by bus B of B no seat B . stands up B. make a room C will get up C to watch C hurry C by bike C with C . .not any C stood up C . made room12 ( ()9. A has. )10.A me.B Bhave myC Cto have I(A) Charlie Chaplin(卓别林) was born in 1889 in London. His mother was a dancer. His father was an actor, but he has not much money. Charlie Chaplain was good at singing and dancing. In 1894, he started dancing and singing for money. In 1904, he joined a travelling theatre company and were to America. In 1910, someone asked him to perform(表演) in a film. And he went to Hollywood(好莱坞). He became a film director in 1914. He worked very hard and he made many funny films between 1914 and 1966. In 1977, he died(死) in Switzerland, people all over the world were very sad. ( )1.Charlie Chaplin was born in ______. A. England B. America C. France ( )2.Charlie Chaplin‘s parents ______. A. made a lot of money by giving performance B. were not very rich C. had a travelling theatre company ( )3.Chaplin began to make money(赚钱) when he was _______ years old. A.15 B.21 C.5 ( )4.Chaplin became a film actor in ________. A.1894 B.1904 C.1910 ( )5.Which of the four is Not true? A. Charlie was only 15 when he came to the USA. B. When Charlie died, nobody was sad. C. Charlie went to Hollywood in 1910. (B) Mr. White was a very busy businessman. He a1ways worked a11 day. Sometimes he could not have a rest on Sundays,so he usually forgot the date. Last Saturday. he remembered it was his wife's birthday. DI often forget her birthday.‖ he said to himself, Dbut not this time.‖ Then he went to a flower shop and bought some beautiful flowers. When Mr. White got home,he gave the flowers to Mrs. White and said,DHappy birthday! January 15 is your birthday. I didn't forget it.‖ DYes. but my birthday was yesterday. It's January 16. But thank you all the same.‖ Mrs. White said. ( ) 6.Mr White was very . A. busy B. free C. happy ( ) 7.Mr White worked on Sundays. A. sometimes B. always C. never ( ) 8.Mr White often forgot . A. his work B. his wife C. his wife‘s birthday ( ) 9.He bought for his wife. A. a blouse B. a dress C. some flowers ( ) 10.Mrs White‘s birthday was on . A. Saturday B.January15 C.January16 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 Fire can help people in many ways. 1 it can be very harmful(有害的). Fire can make water 2 and the house warm, 3 light and cook food. But fire can burn(烧毁) things, 4 . It can make trees, houses, animals and other things 5 fire. If some people can't 6 away from fire, it can kill them. This can be seen in every country.Sometimes big fire can burn forests and destroy (毁坏) many tall buildings. Nobody knows clearly whenpeople began to make a fire, but there 7 many interesting stories about the first time people started a fire. One story from Australia tells us that a long time ago a man 8 up to the sun and took fire down. Today people know 9 to make a fire with matches(火柴). Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous. The matches can burn a piece of paper and then it can burn a house. A small fire can become a big fire. Fire kills many people every year. So you must be carefull 10 fire. ( ) 1. A. But B. And C. So13 ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( () 2. A. cool ) 3. A. give ) 4. A. either ) 5. A. bringing )6. A. run ) 7. A. are ) 8. A. go ) 9. A. what ) 10. A. ifB. cold B. take B. also B. catch B. walks B. is B.goes B. how B. withC. hot C. shows C. too C. to set C. stepped C. be C. went C. when C. atA Michael Jordan is the most famous basketball player in the world. He was born in Brooklyn, New York. He didn't like to talk to other people about himself. He was also very short. He didn't play very well when he joined the basketball team in his high school at first. But the next year things changed a lot for him as he grew much taller. Michael Jordan became famous when he joined the university basketball team in North Carolina. Michael used his speed and strength (力量) to reach the basket again. He played so well that people called him DAir Jordan‖. After college, Michael became a basketball team member in the Chicago Bulls. The NBA was very surprised at this high-flying player. He was named DRookie‖ (新秀) of the year in 1985 and DMost Valuable Player‖in 1996.He once set a record(记录) by getting 63 points in one game. ( )1. Jordan is a basketball superstar in _________. A. England B. America C. Canada ( )2. When he joined the basketball team in his high school, he_______at first. A. didn't'play very well B. played very well C. grew much taller ( )3.He began to become famous in _________. A. the university basketball team B. the NBA C. his high school at first ( )4. He is often called D___________‖. A. Rockie B. the NBA C. Air Jordan ( )5. The NBA was very surprised at the superstar when _________. A. he joined the basketball team in his high school B. he joined the university basketball team C. he joined the Chicago Bulls B We each have a memory(记忆力). That's why we can still remember things after a long time. Some people have very good memories and they can easily learn many things by heart, but some people can only remember things when they say or do them again and again. Many of the great men of the world have got surprising memories. A good memory is a great help in learning a language. Everybody learns his mother language when he is a small child. He hears the sounds, remembers them and then he learns to speak. Some children are living with their parents in foreign countries. They can learn two languages as easily as one because they hear, remember and speak two languages every day. In school it is not so easy to learn a foreign language becanse the students have so little time for it, and they are busy with other subjects, too. But your memory will become better and better when you do more and more exercises. ( )6. Why some people can easily ]earn things by heart? Because they ___________. A. have good memories B. study hard C. practice a lot ( )7. If you have a good memory, ___________.14 ( ((A. you can do everything well B. you can learn a language well C. you must be a great man in the world )8. What a child first learns to do is to ________. A. speak B. read C. hear )9. When everybody is a child, he learns _________. A. a foreign language B. two languages every day C. the language of his own country )10. Which of the following is TRUE? A. Everyone has a good memory. B. Every great man in the world has a surprising memory. C. Everyone doesn‘t have a good memory.阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 Life in the 2020s will be very different from life today. Between then and now many changes(改变) will take place(发生). So 1 will the change be? The population(人口) is growing 2 . There will be many people in the world and 3 of them will live longer than people live now. The computer will be even smaller and 4 and there will be at least(至少) one in every home. And 5 study will be one of the important subjects in school then. People will work fewer hours than they 6 now and they will have more 7 time for sports, watching TV and traveling. Traveling will be even easier and cheaper. And many more people will go to other countries for 8 . There 9 changes in our food, too. More land(土地) will be done for building new towns and houses for all the people. Then there will be less room(空间) 10 cows and sheep, so meat will be more expensive. Maybe no one will eat it every day. Instead they eat more fruits and 11 . Maybe people will be 12 . 13 in the future will be different, too. Dangerous and 14 work will be done(被做) by robots(机 器人). Because of this, many people will not have any work to do. This will be a 15 . ( ) 1. A. when B. where C. what D. how ( ) 2. A. slowly B. fast C. carefully D. well ( ) 3. A. one B. most C. none D. few ( ) 4. A. more useful B. less useful C. more expensive D. bigger ( ) 5. A. Chinese B. English C. computer D. science ( ) 6. A. study B. like C. do D. get ( ) 7. A. important B. busy C. full D. free ( ) 8. A. business B. sports C. work D. holidays ( ) 9. A. will be B. are C. be D. have ( ) 10. A. to B. for C. in D. with ( ) 11. A. meat B. hamburger C. vegetables D. coffee ( ) 12. A. more negative B. better C. angrier D. healthier ( ) 13. A. Music B. Work C. Sports D. Food ( ) 14. A. hard B. easy C. long D. small15 () 15. A. balance B. program C. information D. problemCaptain Good Fellow Do your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Good Fellow will be ready to teach all these things to children at the City Theater on Saturday morning at 10:00 free. Films at the Museum Theater Two American films will be shown on Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theater. See Broken Window at 1:30.The Workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 498-7898. International Picnic Do you dislike eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5 : 00 p. m. Take Me Out to The Ball Game It's October, and Saturday night (7:00 ---9:00 ) is your last chance to see the Red Birds this year. Get your tickets at the gate. It might be cold. Don't forget sweaters and jackets. Do You Want to Hear &The Zoo& DThe Zoo‖, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first U. S. concert this Saturday night, at eight in Rose Hall, City College. ( )1. On Saturday morning, you can ________. A. go to watch a ball game B. take children to play games at the City Theatre C. go to the Central Park for a picnic ( )2. The Red Birds ball game ________. A. is in the afternoon B. is outside C. is at the gate ( )3. You can eat many kinds of different food from all over the world if you ________. A. go to the City Theatre B. go to the Central Park C. buy tickets at the gate ( )4. &The Zoo& is ____________. A. a concert B. a park with many red birds in it. C. going to give their 1st concert in U. S. ( )5. Mr Turner wants to have a nice Saturday. Which is not possible for him to do? A. Watching a ball game and having a picnic. B. Having a picnic and seeing a film. C. Seeing a film and listening to a concert. (B) A computer is used in many ways. In a few years the computer may touch the lives of everyone, even people in far-away villages. Most computers have a memory. That means information can be kept in them and be taken out at any time. Computers are getting smaller and smaller, and computing faster and faster. Computers can do many kinds of work. In some large factories now there are very few people.Robots do most of the work. For example, in a car factory, when a different kind of car comes along the line, the robot changes its work just as a man would do. How does the robot know this? A computer &tells& it what to do. In the last few years there have been great changes in computers. Many scientists agree that computers cannot do everything people can do, but they also agree that computers can now do most the things people can do. Who knows what the computers of tomorrow will be like? Will they make life better16 or worse, or will they bring bad things to people? The scientists of today will have to decide how to use the computers of tomorrow. ( )6. Computer is a wonderful machine because ________ . A. it is very useful B. it helps people a lot C. A and B ( )7. Computers are getting ________ A. bigger and bigger B. faster and faster C. smaller and smaller ( )8.______knows what the computers of tomorrow will be like. A. No one B. We C. Scientists ( )9.In the future computers must help people _________ A. do more things B. do less things C. make life harder ( )10.Computers can do __________ people can do. A. everything B. nothing C. most of the things 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 It‘s easier to go downhill than 46 uphill, so it‘s easier to fall into bad habits than into good 47 . Bad habits do not come 48 . they come little by little, so you don‘t know their 49 . Schoolboys first pick up little bad habits at school and on the streets. When they cannot do their homework, they 50 from their classmates. If they see bigger boys 51, they want to learn to smoke, too. If they see their friends gambling(赌博), they want to gamble. When they get 52, their habits become stronger and stronger. Then they can 53 give them up. From copying, they learn to steal from gambling, they learn to cheat(欺骗). 54 no one believes in them. How 55 it is that we stop the bad habits at the beginning! 46.A.climb B.to climb C.climbing D.climbs 47.A.other B.others C.ones D.one 48.A.slowly B.suddenly C.exactly D.usually 49.A.danger B.idea C.hope D.plan 50.A.write B.read C.listen D.copy 51.A.to smoke B.smoking C.smoked D.smokes 52.A.oldest B.old C.elder D.older 53.A.not longer B.no long C.no longer D.not any long 54.A.At last B.at first C.at least D.at most 55.A.silly B.difficult C.important D.easy A Miss Rose taught physics in a London school. Last week she was explaining to one of her classes about sound, and she decided to test them to see how successful she had been in her work. She said to them, D Now, I have a sister in Washington. If I was calling her on the phone, and at the same time you were 20 meters away, and listened to me from the other side of the street, who would hear what I said earlier, my sister or you, and why?‖ The cleverest boy at once answered, DYour sister, Miss Rose, because electricity travels faster than sound waves.‖ DThat‘s very good,‖ Miss Rose answered. But then one of the girls put up her hand, and Miss Rose said, DYes, Betty.‖ DI don‘t agree,‖ Betty said, DYour sister would hear you earlier because when it‘s eleven o‘clock here, it‘s only six o‘clock in Washington.‖ ( ) 1. Miss Rose was teaching her students about _______. A. telephone B. time C. sound D. electricity ( ) 2. She wanted her students to know________. A. which was faster, sound waves or electricity B. whether Betty was cleverer than the boy17 C. whether she could call her sister in Washington D. whether her students could hear her from 20 meters away ( ) 3. The boy thought that_________. A. sound waves travel faster than electricity B. sound waves travel slower than electricity C. the students would hear Miss Rose earlier D. the students would hear her sister earlier ( ) 4. From the passage, we know Miss Rose________. A. was pleased with the boy‘s answer B. was not pleased with what the boy had said C. thought Betty‘s answer was much better D. thought both of the answers were right ( ) 5. Betty thought the boy was wrong because________. A. electricity was slower than sound waves B. electricity was faster than sound waves C. electricity traveled as fast as sound waves D. clocks in Washington showed a different time from those in London B For several years, Americans have enjoyed tele-shopping: watching TV and buying things by phone. Now tele-shopping is starting in Europe(欧洲). In a number of European countries, people can turn on their TVs and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys, and many other things. Tele-shopping is becoming popular in Sweden, for example. The biggest Swedish company sells different kinds of things on TV in 15 European countries, and in one year it made $100 million. In France there are two tele-shopping channels, and the French spend about $20 million a year to buy things through those channels. In Germany, until last year tele-shopping was only possible on one channel for 1 hour every day. Then the government allowed ( 允 许 ) more tele-shopping. Other channels can open for tele-business, including(包括) the largest American tele-shopping company and a 24-hour tele-shopping company. German businesses are hoping this new tele-shopping will help them sell more things. Some people like tele-shopping because it allows them to do their shopping without leaving their homes. With all the problems of traffic in the cities, this is an important reason. But at the same time, other Europeans do not like this new way of shopping. They call tele-shopping Djunk (垃圾)on the air‖. Many Europeans usually worry about the quality (质量) of the things for sale on TV. Good quality is important to them, and they believe they cannot be sure about the quality of the things on TV. The need for high quality means that European tele-shopping companies will have to be different from the American companies. They will have to be more careful about the quality of the things they sell. They will also have to work harder to sell things that the buyers cannot touch or see in person. ( ) 1. Tele-shopping is _____in Europe. A. not popular B. growing C. not possible D. cheap ( ) 2. People like tele-shopping because it is _____. A. American B. cheaper C. easier D. more popular ( ) 3. Some Europeans don't like tele-shopping because they _____ . A. don't like to buy things B. don't watch TV C. believe the things sold on TV are expensive D. think the things sold on TV are bad quality ( ) 4. In Germany, tele-shopping may _____ . A. help businessmen get more money B. keep the shops open longer18 (C. have fewer buyers D. bring better TV programs ) 5. The best title of this passage is _____ . A. American Tele-shopping B. Tele-shopping Companies C. Tele-shopping in Europe D. Tele-shopping ― Junk on the Air阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 Mr. and Mrs Wang are very forgetful. For example, Mr. Wang sometimes goes to work on Sunday morning, because he thinks it is 36 . And Mrs. Wang sometimes forgets to cook supper for the family. One summer they planned to 37 to New York for their holidays. They got to the airport only ten minutes 38 the plane took off. So time was short. But 39 Mrs. Wang said she must tell Lingling, their daughter, not to forget to 40 the front door when she went to school. But Lingling then was at school. They couldn‘t tell her about it by 41 . So they hurried to the post office. Mrs. Wang wrote a short 42 to Lingling, and Mr. Wang bought a 43 and an envelope. Soon the note was ready. They put the stamp on the envelope in a hurry and dropped it in the letter 44 , but suddenly Mrs. Wang began to cry. The short note was 45 in her hand. She had put the plane tickets in the 46 . ( )36. A. sunny B. cloudy C. Monday D. Sunday ( )37. A. walk B. drive C. fly D. run ( )38. A. before B. often C. when D. because ( )39. A. often B. ever C. always D. suddenly ( )40. A. open B. lock C. close D. push ( )41. A. plane B. train C. telephone D. bus ( )42. A. e-mail B. book C. note D. story ( )43. A. note B. pen C. stamp D. letter ( )44. A. envelope B. box C. / D. office ( )45. A. still B. already C. always D. not ( )46. A. plane B. envelope C. hand D. school (A) On morning Mrs Peter said to her husband, DJack, there is a meeting of our ladies club (俱乐部) at Mrs. Green‘s house at lunch time today, and I want to go to it. I‘ll have you some food for your lunch. Is that all right?‖ DOh, yes,‖ her husband answered, Dthat‘s quite all right. What are you going to leave for my lunch?‖ DThis tin (罐头) of fish,‖ Mrs. Peter said. DAnd there are some cold, boiled potatoes (土豆) and some beans (豆子) here, too.‖ DGood‖ Then Mrs Peter went to her meeting. All the ladies had lunch at Mrs Green‘s, and at three o‘clock Mrs Peter came home. DWas your fish nice?‖ She asked. DYes, but my feet are hurting,‖ he answered. DWhy are they hurting?‖ Mrs Peter asked. DWell, on the tin it was written: Open the tin and stand in hot water for five minutes.‖ ( )1. Mrs Peter wanted to _______________. A. meet her husband B. meet Mr. Jack C. go to Mrs Green‘s house D. see Mrs Green ( )2. Mr Peter had to _________. A. have lunch outside B. have lunch at home by himself C. cook dinner by himself D. ask his wife to buy some food for him ( )3. Mrs Peter asked her husband to eat ________ for his lunch.19 A. some cold, boiled potatoes, some beans and a tin of fish. B. some beans, some cold potatoes. C. a tin of fish, some beans and tomatoes. D. some cold potatoes and a tin of fish. ( )4. Mrs Peter had her lunch ___________. A. at home B. at Mrs Jack‘s house C. at a restaurant D. at Mrs. Green‘s house ( )5. Mrs Peter‘s husband‘s feet were burting because ______________. A. the tin of fish hurt his feet B. he fell down and hurt his feet. C. he stood in hot water for five minutes D. his wife hurt him with that tin of fish (B) Mr Grant moved to another town. One day he went to see a doctor. He sat down in the waiting room and looked round. The doctor‘s degrees (学位证书) were on the wall. Suddenly Mr Grant remembered there had been a classmate with the same name in his class at school, and he had become a doctor. As he went in to see the doctor, he remembered a young, handsome student and he was sad to see how old this man looked. He said to him, DGood morning, Doctor. Did you go to King High School?‖ The doctor answered, DYes, I did.‖ DWere you there from 1942 to 1946?‖ Mr Grant asked. DYes, I was.‖ the doctor answered. DHow did you know?‖ Mr Grant laughed and said, DYou were in my class!‖ DOh?‖ the doctor said and looked at him carefully for a few minutes. DWhat were you teaching?‖ he asked. ( )1. Mr Grant went to see the doctor because _________. A. he had nothing to do that day B. he was ill that day C. he knew the doctor very well D. he was very busy that day ( )2. Mr Grant suddenly found the doctor‘s name was the same as one of his ________. A. teachers B. students C. classmates D. friends ( )3. When Mr Grant found the doctor was old, he __________. A. became worried B. got angry at once C. felt very happy D. was very sorry ( )4. Who was in King High school from 1942 to 1946? A. Both Mr Grant and the doctor were in King High School.B. Only the doctor was there. C. Neither of them was in King High School. D. Only Mr Grant was there. ( )5. Mr Grant thought the doctor was old, but the doctor thought Mr Grant _________. A. was as young as he B. was even older C. was much younger D. was as old as he 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 It was Monday. Mrs. Smith‘s dog was 47 , but there was not any meat in the house. Thinking that there was no 48 way, Mrs. Smith took a piece of paper, and wrote the following words 49 it:DGive my dog half a pound of meat.‖Then she gave the paper to her dog and said, D 50 this to the butcher, and he‘s going to give you your lunch today.‖ 51 the piece of paper in its mouth, the dog ran to the butcher‘s shop. It gave the paper to the butcher. The butcher read it 52 , recognized that it was 53 the lady‘s handwriting and soon did 54 he was asked to. The dog was very happy, and ate the meat up at once. At midday, the dog came to the shop again. It gave the butcher a piece of paper again. After reading it, he gave half a pound of meat 55 . The next day, the dog came again just at midday. And as usual, it brought a piece of paper in the mouth. This time, the butcher did not take a look at the paper, and gave the dog 56 meat, for he had regarded the dog as one of his customer. But, the dog came again at four o‘clock. And the same thing happened once again. To the butcher‘s surprise, it came for the third time at six o‘clock. The butcher 57 puzzled. He said to himself, DThis is20 a small dog. Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today? ‖ Looking at the piece of paper, he found that there were not any words there. ( )47. A. hungry B. thirsty C. hot D. ill ( )48. A. another B. other C. others D. the other ( )49. A. under B. in C. on D. above ( )50. A. Take B. Bring C. Get D. Carry ( )51. A. Eating B. Drinking C. Dropping D. Holding ( )52. A. carefully B. quietly C. slowly D. clearly ( )53. A. possibly B. really C. hardly D. strongly ( )54. A. when B. since C. as D. after ( )55. A. too B. also C. again D. either ( )56. A. its B. his C. himself D. it ( )57. A. felt B. turned C. stayed D. kept (A) Happiness is for everyone. You don‘t need to care about those people who have beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools or those who have nice cars and a lot of money and so on. Why? Because those who have big houses may often feel lonely and those who have cars may want to walk on the country roads at their free time. In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. When you are in trouble at school, your f when you study hard at your lessons, your parents are always taking good care of your
when you get success, your friends will say co when you do something wrong, people around you will help you to correct it. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy, too. All these are your happiness. If you notice a bit of them, you can see that happiness is always around you. Happiness is not the same as money. It is a feeling of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are very happy, because you have something also that can‘t be bought with money. When you meet with difficulties, you can say loudly you are very happy, because you have more chances to challenge yourself. So you cannot always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes, life is like a revolving (旋转的) door, when it closes, it also opens. If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person. ( ) 1. Happiness is for__________. A. those people who have beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools B. those who have nice cars C. those who has lots of money D. everyone ( ) 2. Which of the following sentence is not right? A. If you feel you are happy, you will be happy. B. If you have lots of money, you must be very happy. C. If you put your heart into it, happiness is always around you. D. If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person. ( ) 3. Why is happiness not the same as money? A. Even if you are poor, you can also feel happy. B. Even if you have lots of money, you may feel very lonely. C. Happiness is a feeling of our heart. D. All the above is right. ( ) 4. What does DLife is like a revolving door, when it closes, it also opens‖ mean? A. Life is a revolving door. B. When a revolving door closes, it also opens. C. When you loose a chance sometimes, you may get another once later. D. Revolving door makes your life happy. ( ) 5. What is the best title of this passage? A. Happiness B. Happiness and Money C. A Revolving Door D. When are you happy? (B) When Mr. David retired(退休), he bought a small house in a village near the sea. He liked it and hoped to21 live a quiet life in it. But to his surprise, many visitors came to see his house in summer holidays, for it was the most interesting building in the village. From morning to night, there were visitors outside the house. They kept looking into the rooms through the windows and many of them even went into the house. He decided to drive the visitors away. So he put a notice on the window. The notice said,DIf you want to satisfy your curiosity(好奇心),come in and look around. Price: twenty dollars.‖Mr. David was sure that the visitors would stop coming, but he was wrong. More and more visitors came and Mr. David had to spend every day showing them around his house. DI came here to retire, not to work as a guide(导游)‖, he said ( )1. Mr. David‘s house was that many visitors came to see it. A. so small B. so quiet C. so interesting D. such interesting ( )2. Mr. David put a notice on the window in order . A. to drive the visitors away B. to satisfy the visitors curiosity C. to let visitors come in and look around D. to get some money out of the visitors ( )3. The notice made the visitors .( )4. After Mr. David put up the notice . A. the visitors didn‘t come any more B. fewer and fewer visitors came to see his house C. more and more visitors came for a visit D. no visitor would pay the money for a visit ( )5. At last he had to sell his house and move away because . A. he did not like it at all B. he could not work as a guide C. he made enough money and wanted to buy a new expensive house D. he could not live a quiet life in it 阅读理解&完形填空每日一练 When you wave(挥手)to a friend, you are using sign language. When you smile at someone, you mean 51 . When you put one finger in front of your 52 , you mean DBe quiet‖. But people in different countries, may use different sign languages. Once an Englishman was in Italy. He could 53 a little Italian. One day while he was walking in the street, he felt 54 and went into a restaurant. When the waiter came up, the Englishman 55 his mouth, put his fingers into it and took them out again and moved his lips (嘴唇) . In this way, he 56 to say, DBring me something to eat.‖But to be the waiter brought him a lot of things to 57 , first tea, then coffee, then milk, but no food. The Englishman was sorry that he was not able to tell the waiter he was hungry. He was 58 to leave the restaurant when another man came in and put his hand on his stomach. And this sign was 59 enough for the waiter. In a few minutes, the waiter brought him a large plate of bread and meat. 60 the Englishman had his meal in the same way. 51. A. well B. friendly C. fine D. careful 52. A. eyes B. legs C. mouth D. head 53. A. write B. read C. say D. speak 54. A. hungry B. tired C. cold D. ill 55. A. pointed to B. reached for C. touched D. opened 56. A. needed B. meant C. decided D. had 57. A. eat B. watch C. drink D. read 58. A. ready B. sure C. again D. afraid 59. A. quick B. big C. strong D. clear 60. A. At once B. At last C. At first D. At times22 (A) The mascot first came along in the Olympic Games in 1972 in Munich(慕尼黑) in Germany. After that it played an important part in each Olympic Games. So it will be in the Beijing Olympic Games. The mascot for the 29th Olympic Games has been discussing the subject since Beijing won the right to host it. There is a competition for mascots of the Beijing Olympic Games. So far (到目前为止)Beijing has received more than 600 mascot designs(设计) from around the world.The result will come out in June this year. The lovely panda, the Monkey King, the golden monkey and the redCcrowned crane(红王冠起重机)all have been chosen. But it‘s difficult to decide because it should not only show the spirit (精神)of the Olympic Games, but also the Chinese culture (文化)as well. It should be welcomed by young and old, men and women. And it should have a market worth (价值) that can be used easily in different Olympic things, such as T-shirts, bags, cups, pens and so on. At the same time, it should also look good on TV, the Internet, mobile phones and anything else that has something to do with(与……有关) the Olympics. What will be the mascot of the 2008 Olympic Games? What‘s your idea? Why not think about it? 56.The Chinese for the word Dmascot‖ in the passage is ________. A.会徽 B.会歌 C.会旗 D.吉祥物 57.The mascot first came along in the ______ Olympic Games. A.first B.twentieth C.nineteenth D.twenty-ninth 58.We‘ll know what the mascot of the Beijing Olympic Games is in ________. A.2005 B.2006 C.2007 D.2008 59.Which of the following is WRONG about the mascot of the Beijing Olympics? A.It should be popular with the people. B.It can help people to know more about China. C.It must be designed by the Chinese. D.It should show the spirit of the Olympic Games 60.From the passage we know________. A.it‘s hard to choose a mascot B.there is a mascot in each Olympics C.there are four mascots in the Beijing Olympics D.the mascot can be used everywhere (B) Tom saw an advertisement in a newspaper for a beautiful modern bike. It cost 55 pounds. So he went to the shop and asked to see one of the wonderful bike. The owner of the shop was happy to show one to Tom. Tom examined it carefully, and then turned to the owner and said, DThere isn‘t a lamp on this bike, but there was one on the bike in your advertisement.‖ DYes, sir,‖ answered the man, Dbut the lamp isn‘t included in the price of the bike. ‖ DNot included in the price of the bike?‖ Tom said angrily. DBut that‘s not honest. If the lamp is in the advertisement, it should be included in the price. ‖ DWell, sir,‖ answered the shop owner coldly(冷淡地). DThere is also a girl on the bike in the advertisement, but we can not give you the girl with the bike, either.‖ 61.In the advertisement , there was a_________ and _________ on the bike. A. man B. lamp C. man D. girl 62.After he read the advertisement, Tom decided to _________. A.see and buy the lamp B.see and buy the girl C.see and buy the bike D.examine the bike 63.Tom _________ after he looked at the bike carefully A.returned the bike to the shop owner B.didn‘t find a lamp on the bike C.bought the bike at once D.found a girl on the bike 64.Tom thought it was _________ for the shop owner to sell the bike without a lamp.23 A.necessary B

我要回帖

更多关于 be pleased with 的文章

随机推荐