visit tog_m_填空

全国各地重点高中:
全国各地杯赛:
您现在的位置: &
2010年中考英语试题分类汇编二:词形填空
来源:中考网整合&&&&&&&& 11:23:08
  考点二、词形填空
  (2010年上海市VI 用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子每空格限填 一词。 共8分)
  57.Joanna received many_______when graduating from middle school.(gift)
  58.Alex is _________years old and is taken good care of in the kindergarten.(fourth)
  59.Whose school uniform is that on the chair,yours or________?(my)
  60.It was _________for human begins to predict weather in the past.(difficulty)
  61.There is a beautiful _________on the wall in each room of my house.(paint)
  62.You need to explain your opinions quite____________when having a debate.(clear)
  63.Let's hope that all our troubles will_________soon.(appear)
  64.The local people are ___________that the whole nation are helping them rebuild the town.(thank)
  【答案】57 gifts& 58four& 59 mine& 60difficult& 61 painting& 62 clearly& 63 disappear 64 thankful
  (2010江苏省宿迁市B) 根据句意,用括号中所给单词的适当形式或句子的语法要求填空。每小题1分)
  53. Playing too many computer games is&&& ▲&&& (harm) to you.& &
  54. We should speak to the old man&&& ▲&&& (polite).&&& &
  55. -How many&&& ▲&&& (tooth) does a dog have?
  && -Sorry, I have no idea. Let's search on the Internet.
  56. A computer is&&& ▲&&& (expensive) than a TV set.&& &
  57. Have you read&&& ▲&&& (today) newspaper? &
  58. I&&& ▲&&& (not go) to bed until my mother came back at ten last night.
  59. You need&&& ▲&&& (return) the comic book to the library at once.
  60. My sister&&& ▲&&& (be) a singer since she left the school.
  【答案】53.harmful&&& 54.politely& 55.teeth&&&&&& 56.more/less expensive &
  57.today's&&&& 58.didn't go& 59.to return&& 60.has been &
  (2010.江苏省盐城市 根据句意完成句子。计 5分)
  66.Smoke from those big factories is __________(harm) to the villagers nearby.
  67.When the fire happened ,the firemen hurried there and carried the children to_______(safe).
  68.It is well _________(know) that the Beijing Olympics in 2008 was a great success.
  69.His fans rushed towards him _________(short) after the match.
  70.To keep a lamp _________(burn),we have to keep putting oil in it.
  【答案】66-70 harmful& safety& known& shortly&&&&& burining
  (2010.江苏省无锡市.四、词汇运用A)根据句意,在答题卡标有题号的横线上, 写出括号内所给单词的适当形式,每小题1分)
  1.It takes ____________(little)time to go there by underground than& by bus.
  2.Many_______________(butterfly) have round marks on their wings that look like eyes.
  3.Last night it rained ____________(heavy)in the southern part of the city.
  4.There's not much______________(different)in price between the two mobile phones.
  5.Thank you for your ___________(value) help and practical advice.
  答案: 1.less& 2.butterflies& 3.heavily& 4.difference& 5.valuable
  (2010江苏省南京市& 四、填空B)根据句子意思,用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为51-56的相应位置上。
  51.You can't watch TV until you finish ________(do) your homework.
  52.Most parents don't think it is __________(health) for children to stay up too late night.
  53.At present,our spacecraft are too slow to_________(carry)people to Mars.
  54.The tunnel under the Changjian River makes it much__________(easy)to get to Pukou District than before.
  55.It is said that many___________(America)teenagers will come to watch the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing.
  56.-Mum,today is your day,the Women's Day.Here are some _________(flower)for you.
  & --It's very thoughtful of you.Thanks ,Kitty.& &
  【答案】 51 doing& 52 healthy& 53 carry& 54easier& 55 American& 56 flowers
  (2010.江苏省无锡市.五、动词填空 用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空,并将答案写在答题卡标有题号的横线上 ,每小题1分)
  1.The Great Wall as well as the Palace Museum ___________(attract)lots of tourists from abroad every year.
  2.If those wild animals can't find enough food,they__________(die) or have to leave their habitat soon.
  3.The law of gravity____________(discover)by Isaac Newton about 350 years ago.
  4.You must try your best to stop him___________(make)the same mistake again.
  5.As soon as he came into the office,he____________(shake)hands with every one of us.
  6.Since last August,the old lady__________(have)bad headaches three to four times a month.
  7.By 5.30 yesterday afternoon he____________(finish)writing the laboratory report.
  8.Bangkok ,the capital of Thailand,____________(know) as the &City of Angels'.
  9.We should do everything we can _____________(protect)the environment.& &
  10.Jack said he_____________(return)the two books to the library in a week.
  答案: 1.attracts& 2.will die& 3.was discovered& 4.making& 5.shook& 6.has had& 7.had finished& 8.is known& 9.to protect& 10.would return / was going to return
  (2010.四川省内江市& 动词填空& ,满分10分)
  用所给动词的正确形式完成短文,并将答案依次填在短文后面相应的横线上。
  Dear Zhang Lin,
  &&&& How's it going?I__81__(have )some problems at school.I find it difficult to work in the evening and I can't concentrate on anything at the moment.I spend most of my time _82_(listen)to records or watching TV instead of doing my homework .The other students in my class_83_(be)much better than me .I have the following problems as well. I can't always take down the important things my teacher_84_(say),because I write too slowly, She _85_(tell) me that I'm falling behind my classmates in my studies.I'm not good at _86_(write)and I usually hand in my homework late because I won't do it until the last minute.So I often have to find different excuses_87_(let)my& teacher know why I haven't done& the homework.I'm sure I_88_(get) through my final exam in January. I'm now so far behind the other students that I don't know how I can _89_ (catch)up with them.Last week,when my teacher _90_(help)me with my homework ,she found so many mistakes,which made me more upset.
  Could you please give me some good suggestions?
  && &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &Yours,
  && &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &&& &Wei Hua.
  【答案】81. have&& 82. listening& 83.are& 84. say s& 85. tells
  86. writing&& &87. to let 88. will get 89. catch& 90. helped
  (2010山东省潍坊市 六、词汇应用 ,满分13分)
  During the Second World War,John's family didn't have a washing machine.Therefore,_1_(keep) clothes clean became a problem for them.
  Before long ,a family friend decided -2_(join) the army and his wife was going with him.John's family told them that they could take care of their furmiture while& they were away.To the _3_(family)surprise,the frind suggested they should use his Bendix washing machine. &It would be better for it to_4_(use),rather than sitting _5_(quiet),&he said.
  Young John helped with the washing ,and he developed a deep love of the old,green Bendix._6_(Late),the war ended and the family's friend returned .When he came to take the machine away.John became very sad.His mother saw this and said to _7_(he), &Son,you must remember that machine didn't belong to us in the _8_(one)place.It was a gift for us to be able to use it for such a long time.So ,instead of _9_(be) sad about the loss,let's be grateful that we _10_(be )able to use it at that time.&
  We have all experienced loss:loss of people and things.However ,if we see the thing we _11_(lose)ad a gift that we were given for a time,maybe the sad _12_ (momory) will change into _13_(thank )ones.
  【答案】1.keeping/to keep& 2.to join 3. family 's& 4.be used& 5. quietly& 6. Late r&& &
  7.him& 8.first& 9.being& 10.were& 11.have lost 12. momories 13. thankful
  (2010&河南省,五,10)阅读短文,从方框中选择适当的词并用其正确形式填空,使短文通顺、意思完整。请将答写在短文后相应题号的横线上。每空限填一词,每词限用一次。方框中有两个词是多余的。
  dirty& with have& always time they large& want& speak lesson& first drop
  &&& After a quick breakfast, I went into the lecture hall in a hurry.A famous teacher was& 66& to
  the students.He was holding up a $100 bill.Then he said to the three hundred students,&Who
  would like this $1 00 bill?& The students put up& 67& hands at once.Then he said,&I am going to give this $100 bill to one of you,but& 68& ,let me do this.&He made the bill into a ball.Then he said. &Who& 69& it now?& The hands went back into the air.&Well,& he said,&what if I do this?& and he& 70& it on the floor and stepped on it.He picked up the& 7l& bill and said.&Who still wants it?& Hands went back again into the air.
  & &My friends,&? he said,&you have learned a valuable(有价值的)& 72&& today.No matter what I did to the $100 bill! Many&& 73& in our life,we are dropped and stepped on.We feel as if we are worth nothin9.But remember, no matter what& 74&& happened to you,you will never lose your value:You are& 75& valuable to those people who love you.Your value doesn't come from what you do or whom you know, but who you are.''
  66.&&&&&&&&& 67.&&&&&&&&&& 68.&&&&&&&&&& 69.&&&&&&&&&& 70.&&&&&&&& &
  71.&&&&&&&&& 72.&&&&&&&&&& 73.&&&&&&&&&&& 74.&&&&&&&&& 75.&&&&&&&&& &
  【答案】66 speaking&&& 67 their&&& 68 first&&& 69 wants& 70 dropped
  71 dirty&&&&&& 72 lesson&& 73 times&& 74 has&&& 75 always
  (2010&山西省,VII.,5)阅读下面短文,写出括号中所给单词的正确形式,使短文意思完整。
  Dear Dad ,
  The day before yesterday was Father's Day .I couldn't celebrate it for you because Iwas busy taking the high entrance exam . But I have said &I love you , Dad !& in my heart many times .
  & You are an ordinary (普通的) man ,but in my eyes ,you are the& 71.&&&&& (great )father in the world .Every time I have trouble ,you always give me advice and help me out . I remember once I 72 .&&&& (fail) in a competition ,and I felt very upset . Instead of complaining , you just said to me 73._&&& (quiet) , &It doesn&t matter . A& real man must learn to face many failures (失败) in life bravely .Cheer up !&
   Dad , I am not going to buy you anything as a present because I don't think it express my thanks to you .I'll try my best to get good 74 .&&&&& (grade).I think that is the best& present
  You are looking forward to 75 .&&&&& (get). I'm sure I won't let you down .
  Hope my dear dad is healthy forever .
  【答案】71.greatest& 72.failed&& 73.quietly&& 74.grades&& 75.getting
  (2010&福建省晋江市,四,10)(B) 遣词造句:根据提供的图画和提示词,写一个符合图意的完整、正确的句子。(10分)
  91.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 92.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 93&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
  there ,be. under&&&&&&&&&&&&&& enjoy, climb&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& play, now&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
  94&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 95
  make, tomorrow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& brush,& twice
  【答案】91. There are some flowers under the tree.
  92. The monkey enjoys climbing the tree.
  93. He is playing computer games now.
  94. We will make a snowman tomorrow./Shall we go to make a snowman tomorrow?/Let's go to make a snowman tomorrow&& &
  95. You should brush your teeth twice a day./The boy brushes his teeth twice a day.
  (2010&新疆省阜康市,六,5)用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空
  1.&& &Please call me if you have any problems __________(work)out.
  2.&& &Marie Curie received the Nobel Prize __________(two)during her life time.
  3.&& &I think it is __________(danger)for children to be close to wild animals.
  4.&& &The old man has been ___________(die)since three years ago.
  5.&& &I know only one of the ___________(visit),how about you?
  【答案】1.working&& 2.twice&& 3.dangerous&& 4.dead&& 5.visitors
  (2010&陕西省,四,10)
  用所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。
  1.&& &Lots of ___________(foreign)come to visit the old town every year.
  2.&& &Don't mind _____________(offer)your help to others whenever necessary.
  3.&& &He works in the ____________(big) computer company in the world.
  4.&& &There are ______________(hundred)of people dancing at the square after supper.
  5.&& &My mother was ___________(water) flowers in the garden when I came back.
  6.&& &She is proud of _____________(she)for not giving up easily.
  7.&& &The boy sat down excitedly because he answered the difficult question ___________(correct).
  8.&& &Everybody likes to ask him for help because he often _____________(come)up with good ideas.& &
  9.&& &It is a good habit to brush your ____________(tooth)after each meal.
  10.&& &Many school things were ___________(send)to Yushu last month.
  【答案】1.foreigners& 2.offerring& 3.biggest& 4.hundreds& 5.watering& 6.herself& 7.correctly& 8.comes& 9.teeth& 10.sent
  (2010&湖北省荆门市,四,6)(每空限填一词)
  71. Mind your table manners. It is ____▲_ (polite) to talk with your mouth full.
  72. Miss Wang speaks English with excellent ___▲___ (pronounce).
  73. Tony is badly ill. We are all ____▲__ (care) about his health.& &
  74. J___▲_ is the first month of the year.
  75. If you try your best, I'm sure you can a__▲_____ your dream one day.
  76. Pandas' favorite food is bamboo l__▲_______.
  【答案】71. impolite 72. pronunciation 73. caring 74. January 75. achieve 76. leaves&& &
  (2010&广西省定西市,二,5)用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空。
  1.&& &It's&&&& (real)cold today.
  2.&& &This&&&& (write)writes lots of interesting stories for kids.
  3.&& &Many people don't enjoy&&&& (live)in big cities.
  4.&& &I am in my&&&& (three)year in this middle school.& &
  5.&& &As we all know,the weather in southwest China is&&&& (dry)than any other time in history
  【答案】1. really& 2. writer& 3. living& 4. third& 5. drier
  (2010&山东省莱芜市,五,10)阅读下面短文,用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空(必要时可加情态动词或助动词)。
  I am John.I am l7 years old,and I live in England.My father works in a horse-riding school.I have been riding since I(61) _____ (be)six.I go horse-riding every Saturday.Now, I can ride quite well.I often(62) _____ (spend)all Saturdays at the riding sch001.I help to get the horses ready.I also help the new students.
  Look,there are some people(63) _____ (train)horse-ridin9.The girl named Xinyi (64) _____ (walk)the horse around(遛马)and getting ready to get onto the horse.She is from China.She looks beautiful.She(65) _____ (study)here three times.Last time,I helped her move up and down at the same time as the horse(随着马动的频率).while we were learning how to jump the horse,suddenly she fell off the horse and(66)_____(hurt)her knees badly.I felt sorry that I(67)_____(not help)her at that time.I thought she wouldn't come this Saturday.To my surprise。she came again! What a brave girl! Last month,she(68) ____ (invite)to come to England for a fashion show.She said she was glad to have the chance to come here and she enjoyed herself.
  &&& Oh,Xinyi is riding towards me. &
  &&& &Hi,Xinyi! You're great! I have never seen such a brave girl like you.&
  &&& 'Thanks.John! I am leaving for Beijing tomorrow.Thanks for helping me these days.I will never forget the exciting experience.I(69) _____ (share)it with my friends.&
  &&& &I hope(70) _____ (meet)you soon.&
  【答案】61.was&&& 62.spend&&& 63.training&&& 64.is walking
  65.has studied& 66.hurt&&& 67.couldn't help& 68.was invited
  69.will share&&& 70.to meet
  B)阅读短文,然后从短文括号中所给词的适当形式填空。
  &&& Climbing the highest mountains in the world is not an&& 78&& (easily) job.You have to fight bad weather,illness and fear.But Jordan Romero,a thirteen-year-old boy from America,will climb 79 (Asia) highest mountain,Mount Qomolangma.He will set out this month. 80& (He)parents and helpers will climb with him.He plans to take&& 81&& (second)months for his climb.&I'm ready.But if I don't reach the top&& 82&& (successful),I'll try next time,&he said. Jordan has already climbed the highest mountains of six other continents(洲).If he&& 83&& (get)to the top this time,he will become the youngest person to climb the world's highest mountain.
  【答案】78.easy 79.Asia's/Asian 80.His 81.two82.successfully 83.gets
  (2010&江苏省镇江市,四,10)
  A)根据句意,用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空,每空一词。
  36? So far, I have?to made a& (decide) about where to go for the coming summer holidays.
  37? This year it has rained so& (heavy) in South China that lots of problems are caused.
  38? When we walked past the playground yesterday, we found him& (lie) on the grass, enjoying the sunset.
  39? Jack is busy preparing for a party to celebrate his sister's& (twelve) birthday. He wants to give her a big surprise.
  40? -On April 14th, an earthquake hit Yushu and destroyed its& (beautiful) completely.
  -It's& a great pity.
  【答案】36? decision37? heavily38? lying39? twelfth40? beauty
  (2010&广东省,五,5)根据下列句子及所给单词的首字母写出所缺单词。在填写答卷时,要求写出完整单词。(每空只写一词)
  66. When will you come back, Dad? I m&&&&& you so much.
  答案:miss
  67. After the examinations, I need to take a good r&&&&& .
  答案:rest
  68. The concert last night wasn't very good. Before it ended, the theatre was almost e&& .
  答案:empty
  69. There weren't enough chairs in the meeting room, so some of the students had to s&& on
  答案:stand
  70. Tomorrow is my cousin's birthday. I'm going to buy a g&&&&&& for her.
  答案:gift& &
  (2010&甘肃省兰州市,八,10)B)
  91. The old should be spoken to ______(polite).
  92. My family lives in the ______(center) park of the city.
  93. He is too ______(care) to pass the final exam.
  94. Poetry is a beautiful way to express ______(think) and feelings.
  95. Children's ______(expect) ideas often surprise the adults.
  96. Betty is often seen ______(help) the old man with his housework.
  97. He prefers ______(take) part in the public activities rather than stay at home alone.& &
  98. They ______(agree) with each other, so they argued for a long time.
  99. Animals are our friends, so ______(protect) them is our duty.
  100. You have ______(award) a scholarship to study violin at our School of Music.
  【答案】91. politely& 92.central& 93. careless&&&& 94. thoughts&&&& 95.unexpected
  96. to help&&& 97. to take&&&& 98. disagreed/didn't agree& 99. protecting& 100. been awarded
欢迎使用手机、平板等移动设备访问中考网,2016中考一路陪伴同行!
中考网版权所有Copyright© . All Rights Reserved.> 【答案带解析】完形填空 阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A, B, C和D)中,选出...
完形填空阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A, B, C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(注意:请将答案转涂到机读卡上相应小题标号处!机读卡上的36~40小题处空出,不要填涂!)The requirements for high school graduation have just changed in my community. As a result, all students must ________
sixty hours of service learning,
________ they will not receive a diploma. Service learning is academic learning that also helps the community. ________
of service learning include cleaning up a polluted river, working in a soup kitchen, or tutoring a student. ________a service experience, students must keep a journal(日志)and then write a
about what they have learned.Supporters claim that there are many ________
of service learning. Perhaps most importantly, students are forced to think
their own interests and become________
of the needs of others. Students are also able to learn real-life skills that ________ shouldering responsibility, solving problems, and working as part of a team. ________ , students can explore possible careers ________
service learning. For example, if a student wonders what teaching is like, he or she can choose to work in an elementary school classroom a few afternoons each month.________there are many benefits, opponents ________ problems with the new requirement. First, they________
that the main reason students go to school is to learn core subjects and skills. Because service learning is time-consuming, students spend
time studying the core subjects. Second, they believe that forcing students to work without________
goes against the law. By requiring service, the school takes away an individual’s freedom to choose.In my view, service learning is a great way to ________
to the community, learn new skills, and explore different careers. ________
, I don’t believe you should force people to help others – the ________
to help must come from the heart. I think the best________
is one that gives students choices: a student should be able to choose sixty hours of independent study or sixty hours of service. Choice encourages both freedom and responsibility, and as young adults, we must learn to handle both wisely.1.A. spend
C.complete
D. save2.A. and
D. for3.A. Subjects
C. Procedures
D. Examples4.A. During
D. After5.A. diary
D. notice6.A. courses
B. benefits
C. challenges
D. features7.A. beyond
D. in8.A. careful
D. aware9.A. possess
C. develop
D. include10.A. Gradually
B. Finally
C. Luckily
D. Hopefully11.A. through
D. on12.A. So
D. While13.A. deal with
B. look into
C. point out
D. take down14.A. doubt
C. overlook
D. admit15.A. much
D. more16.A. cost
D. praise17.A. contribute
D. belong18.A. However
B. Otherwise
C. Besides
D. Therefore19.A. courage
C. emotion
D. spirit20.A. decision
B. purpose
C. solution
D. result 
试题分析:这是一篇议论文,美国高中生毕业要求已经改变。本文介绍人们对高中生是否应该...
考点分析:
考点1:日常生活类
一、完型填空题的命题特点&
& & &完型填空题是一种综合性比较强的测试题,它把单项填空和阅读理解等题型融为一体,它不仅考查学生对词汇、词组、语法、句型和常识逻辑等语言基础知识的掌握情况和正确使用语法知识的能力,而且也考查学生的理解能力、推理能力、以及情景语感等方面综合理解和运用语言的能力。完型填空题通常有两种题型:一种是选择填空题,即四选一;另一种是短文填空题。其中,以第一种较为普遍。&
二、完型填空的命题趋势 & &&
1、体裁、题材多样,考察学生涉猎各种信息的能力&
& & 体裁有记叙文、说明文等;题材涉及到趣味故事、幽默小品、科普知识、日常生活、人物小记、社会热点话题等等。短文一般文章短小,情节连贯,层次分明,线索清楚。目的是考查学生是否有阅读各种体裁、题材文章的能力以及获取各种新息的能力。 &
2、侧重整体理解、考查学生快速阅读理解能力。
& &解完型填空题需要学生具备视读、跳读、查读、猜词等各种快速阅读技巧。因为解题时间有限,在短短的时间内,要完成全文和选项的阅读,还要进行正确判断、推理、核查等工作。可见阅读速度非常重要。 & &&
3、侧重基础知识,考查学生语言知识的能力。
& & & 完型填空以文入手,结合文章的内容考查学生的基础知识,主要是词语搭配、近义词辨 异、辨析句子结构、掌握语法规则的能力。 &
4、上下文对照,考查学生捕捉关键词的能力。
& & & 解完型填空题时,单独看一句话是找不到正确答案的,需要阅读下句或者若干句才能明白。所谓上下对照,即在上文和下文中找到与正确答案相同的关键词。因此,在做题时要边读边在大脑中储存上下文信息的能力,捕捉关键词。 &
5、设置语境,考查学生的分析推理能力。
& & &旨在考查学生在选项都符合语法及句子结构的情况下能否利用前后语境去推断出正确答案。 & &
6、结合生活,考查学生利用常识题的能力。
& & &目的考查学生的生活常识,看看学生是否善于观察生活,积累生活常识,能否利用常识去做恰当的选择。 & &&
7、关注连词,考查学生对行文逻辑、句子关联的理解能力。 & & 此项用来考查学生在缺少连词的情况想,通过阅读能否理解句子的与句子的关系,是否了解行文逻辑的要求,能否掌握表示因果、转折、并列、条件、让步等的连词的用法。&
三、完型填空题的解题步骤: & & &
1、通读全文,了解大意 & &
& & & 越过空挡,通读全文,理顺题意,找出信息词,建立语言的整体感。这是做好完型 填空题的关键。因为完型填空题的特点是着眼于整体理解。 & &&
2、细读首尾,推测意图 &&
& & &文章的首句是全文的“窗口”,尾句是文章的总结、结论或点睛之笔。这样,通过阅 读首句和尾句,就可以了解背景知识,对于空格位置的词语进行大胆分析和判断,以便揣测作者的意图,理顺思路,为后面的答题做好铺垫。 & &&
3、综合考虑,瞻前顾后 &
& & & 在通读全文的基础上,根据全文大意,展开逻辑思维,瞻前顾后,分析这一空格处在 句中的地位,前后的关系和它所起的作用,认真观察选项,仔细推敲,确定最佳答案。&
初中各年级课件教案习题汇总
语文数学英语物理化学
4、复读全文,验证答案 &做完题目以后,要立足整体,再次通读全文,从语法入手,检查一下句子的时态、语法、主谓一致、代词的性、数、格以及词语的搭配等是否正确。若有疑问,必须根据文章的中心思想,从意义、语法的角度来仔细权衡,加以改正,弥补疏漏。
相关试题推荐
七选五补全短文根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。I was ten when I first sat with my grandmother behind the cashier(收银台)in her general store.
1._I quickly learned the importance of treating customers politely and saying “thank you.”At first I was paid in candy.
I worked every day after school, and during the summer and on weekends and holidays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. My father helped me set up a bank account.
3.By the time I was 12, my grandmother thought I had done such a good job that she promoted me to selling cosmetics(化妆品)I developed the ability to look customers directly in the eye. Even though I was just a kid, women would ask me such things as “What color do you think I should wear?” I took a real interest in their questions and was able to translate what they wanted into makeup(化妆)ideas.
4.The job taught me a valuable lesson: to be a successful salesperson, you didn’t need to be a rocket scientist—you needed to be a great listener. 5.
Expect they are no longer women purchasing cosmetics from
instead, they are kids who tell me which toys they would like to see designed and developed.A. Later I received 50 cents an hour.B. Before long, she let me sit there by myself.C. I ended my selling a record amount of cosmetics.D. Today I still carry that lesson with me: I listen to customers.E. My grandma’s trust taught me how to handle responsibility.F. Soon I found myself looking more beautiful than ever before.G. Watching my money grow was more rewarding than anything I could have bought. 
Throughout the history of the arts, the nature of creativity has remained constant to artists. No matter what objects they select, artists are to bring forth new forces and forms that cause change---to find poetry where no one has ever seen or experienced it before.Landscape (风景) is another unchanging element of art. It can be found from ancient times through the17th-century Dutch painters to the 19th-century romanticists and impressionists. In the 1970s Alfred Leslie, one of the new American realists, continued this practice. Leslie sought out the same place where ThomasCole, a romanticist, had produced paintings of the same scene a century and a half before. Unlike Cole who insists on a feeling of loneliness and the idea of finding peace in nature, Leslie paints what he actually sees. In his paintings, there is no particular change in emotion, and he includes ordinary things like the highway in the background. He also takes advantage of the latest developments of color photography to help both the eye and the memory when he improves his painting back in his workroom.Besides, all art begs the age-old question: What is real? Each generation of artists has shown their understanding of reality in one form or another. The impressionists saw reality in brief emotional effects, the realists in everyday subjects and in forest scenes, and the Cro-Magnon cave people in their naturalistic drawings of the animals in the ancient forests. To sum up, understanding reality is a necessary struggle for artists of all periods.Over thousands of years the function of the arts has remained relatively constant. Past or present, Eastern or Western, the arts are a basic part of our immediate experience. Many and different are the faces of art, and together they express the basic need and hope of human beings.1.The underlined word “poetry” most probably means ________ .A. an object for artistic creationB. a collection of poemsC. an unusual qualityD. a natural scene2.Leslie’s paintings are extraordinary because ___________.A. they are close in style to works in ancient timesB. they look like works by 19th-century paintersC. they draw attention to common things in lifeD. they depend heavily on color photography3.What is the author’s opinion of artistic reality?A. It will not be found in future works of art.B. It does not have a long-lasting standard.C. It is expressed in a fixed artistic form.D. It is lacking in modern works of art.4. Which of the following is the main topic of the passage?A. History of the arts.B. Use of modern technology in the arts.C. New developments in the arts.D. Basic questions of the arts. 
I am a writer. I spend a great deal of my time thinking about the power of language—the way it can evoke(唤起) an emotion, a visual image, a complex idea, or a simple truth. Language is the tool of my trade. And I use them all—all the Englishes I grew up with.Born into a Chinese family that had recently arrived in California, I’ve been giving more thought to the kind of English my mother speaks. Like others, I have described it to people as “broken” English. But I feel embarrassed to say that. It has always bothered me that I can think of no way to describe it other than “broken”, as if it were damaged and needed to be fixed, as if it lacked a certain wholeness. I’ve heard other terms used, “limited English,” for example. But they seem just as bad, as if everything is limited, including people’s perceptions(认识)of the limited English speaker.I know this for a fact, because when I was growing up, my mother’s “limited” English limited my perception of her. I was ashamed of her English. I believed that her English reflected the quality of what she had to say. That is, because she expressed them imperfectly her thoughts were imperfect. And I had plenty of evidence to support me: the fact that people in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her, or even acted as if they did not hear her.I started writing fiction in 1985. And for reasons I won’t get into today, I began to write stories using all the Englishes I grew up with: the English she used with me, which for lack of a better term might be described as “broken”, and what I imagine to be her translation of her Chinese, her internal(内在的) language, and for that I sought to preserve the essence, but neither an English nor a Chinese structure. I wanted to catch what language ability tests can never show: her intention, her feelings, the rhythms of her speech and the nature of her thoughts.1.By saying “Language is the tool of my trade”, the author means that ______.A. she uses English in foreign tradeB. she is fascinated by languagesC. she works as a translatorD. she is a writer by profession2. Which of the following is TRUE according to Paragraph 3?A. Americans do not understand broken English.B. The author’s mother was not respected sometimes.C. The author’ mother had positive influence on her.D. Broken English always reflects imperfect thoughts.3.The author gradually realizes her mother’s English is _____.A. well structured
B. in the old styleC. rich in meaning
D. easy to translate4.What is the passage mainly about?A. The changes of the author’s attitude to her mother’s English.B. The limitation of the author’s perception of her mother.C. The author’s misunderstanding of “limited” English.D. The author’s experiences of using broken English. 
Read the advertisements carefully. Then answer the questions that follow.INTERESTED IN CHILDCARE?Qualified person or preschool teacher needed for busy childcare center, south of the river. Full-time work guaranteed. Immediate start necessary. The candidate must be able to work as a co-operative team member. Phone 6345 2345 for an interview and fax resume to 6345 2345.WE NEED OFFICE CLEANERS!Three people are required for professional cleaning in the CBD area. Working hours from 5:00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Approximately five hours per shift. A good record is necessary. Experience preferred.
Phone 6345 7843 now.WANT TO WORK AS A DENTAL NURSE?This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified dental nurse with a confident and cheerful personality to work in the School Dental Health Scheme. You must be able to get along well with children because the work involves talking to groups about dental health practices. For further information, visit our website at: schooldentalservices@ gov. sg.
And fax your resume to 6234 4567.FLORIST WANTED!Are you a creative and trained florist with at least two years of experience? Then this may be just what you are seeking. The city’s leading Florist Artist Studio needs another part-time member on their wedding team. Please phone 6098 7888 now!1.The position of a(n)_______is a part-time job.A. preschool teacher
B. artistC. florist
D. dental nurse2.Which of the following is the most important for the childcare job?A. Cooking skills.B. Childcare experience.C. The ability to start work in two weeks.D. The ability to work well with other people.3. The office cleaners will be required to work about _______ hours a week.A.5
D.20 
EP Portable HeaterWe all know that the cost of heating our homes will continue to be a significant burden on the family budget. Now millions of people are saving on their heating bills with the EP Portable Heater. With over one million satisfied customers around the world, the new EP heats better and faster, saves more on heating bills, and runs almost silent.The EP has no exposed heating parts that can cause a fire. The outside of EP only gets warm to the touch so that it will not burn children or pets.The EP will not reduce oxygen in the room. With other heaters, you’ll notice that you get sleepy when the heat comes on because they are burning up oxygen.The advanced EP also heats the room evenly, wall to wall and floor to ceiling. It comfortably covers an area up to 350 square feet. Other heaters heat rooms unevenly with most of the heat concentrated to the center of the room. And they only heat an area a few feet around the heater. With the EP, the temperature will not vary in any part of the room.The EP comes with a 3-year warranty (保修) and a 60-day, no questions asked, satisfaction guarantee. If you are not totally satisfied, return it at our expense and your money will be given back to you.Now, we have a special offer for 10 days, during which you can enjoy a half price discount and a free delivery. If you order after that, we reserve the right to either accept or reject order requests at the discountedprice.Take action right now!1. What is mainly discussed in Paragraph 2?A. the safety of the EPB. the heat of the EPC. the appearance of the EPD. the material of the EP2.From the passage, we can learn that the EP _______.A. runs without any noiseB. doesn’t burn up oxygenC. makes people get sleepyD. is unsuitable for children and pets3.The underlined word “evenly” in Paragraph 4 probably means ________.A. separately
B. equallyC. quickly
D. continuously4.The main purpose of the passage is to ________.A. compare the difference of different heart brandsB. advise people to save on heating billsC. report the new development of portable heatersD. persuade people to buy the product 
题型:完形填空
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 visit to 的文章

随机推荐