Tina seems to be happy now. 改为unhappy的同义词句

Posted in:
I have been spending my days with . I had to replace , and people told me that I should put an ad on the grocery-store bulletin board. That’s how people get jobs . So I did that. I got two responses.
The job listing said $10/hr and Jeanenne said she’d do it for $20. That’s something I would do. So I hired her. Everyone knows everyone in this town. And when I mentioned Jeanenne’s name, everyone said, “But she’s a Jehovah’s Witness.”
I didn’t really know what this meant. I mean, I knew that they’d probably say something like that about me, being (probably) the only Jewish family in the county. And I knew that when I was a latchkey kid, and Jehovah’s Witnesses would knock on our door, I would often invite them in to talk.
They never made any sense to me.
Now I know why. Jehovah’s Witnesses are all about being happy. They are all about having the answers, knowing the rules, and following them to happiness.
1. The real path to happiness is contentment, and it looks a lot like hell.
Jeanenne recognizes that this is the big difference between us. She took this photo for me. She said, “The cow reminds me of you.”
I laughed right away. The cow has acres of land with corn and grass to feed on all day long. But she went to the edge of the fence and poked her head through to somewhere else. That’s how I am.
Happiness is not interesting to me. I ask Jeanenne why she does not want to argue with the . I ask her why she does not want to try doing bad things to see what it feels like. I say, “If you’re going to make your whole life about living according to the Bible, then why not learn to read the Bible in the original language instead of reading someone else’s translation?”
This is so completely not interesting to her. She trusts the unnamed person who tells her what the Bible says. When I question whether it is okay to use birth control if it’s not okay to masturbate, she sends me a three page, well-reasoned email response.
So here’s where we are: I want to find what is wrong, what is unsettling, what leads to inner turmoil and conflict. She wants to have peace and happiness by believing that there is one way to interpret the Bible, and that the Jehovah’s Witnesses know that one way. She wants to help other people find that.
I want to help people find conflict and self-doubt.
2. Contentment is intellectually boring and creatively unchallenging.
So the happiness in Darlington, Wisconsin is killing me. People are genuinely happy here. They do not want to fly to New York City to see what they’re missing at . They have better things to spend their money on. Like family togetherness or something.
It’s just not in me to be happy. I love questioning everything. Now that I’m a Jew among Christians, I realize that the big difference isn’t Jesus—the big difference is that Jews are always asking more questions. Jews celebrate doubt, angst, and searching in dark places. We love that stuff.
The other day my son asked the farmer why we can’t use dirty napkins at dinner.
The farmer said, “Don’t ask why. It’s rude.”
I nearly fell over. Really. I had never heard that ever in my life.
3. Uncertainty and disquietude make life worth living, but they don’t make contentment.
This is another thing about living in farm country: If you want to say something nice about someone, you say they are a hard worker.
Apparently, people here have not read
about how you should never be the hardest worker. Because here, it’s a competition. You know how if you want to go home early, you make sure to send a bunch of emails as the very last thing you do so that everyone thinks you’re working? The farm version of that is cutting hay. Or corn. Or soybeans. Everyone can see how far along you are.
The farmer is always early. He says he’s early because he’s a hard worker.
We pass a farm and I say, “Why do you think the corn isn’t cut?”
He says, “I don’t know. Maybe they’re lazy.”
I say, “Maybe the husband just killed the wife and the kids are trying to deal with a grand jury while they’re trying to get the corn cut.”
You know what is most lovable about me to me? I can find drama in anything.
4. Intense solitude and internal voices are essential to life, albeit an unhappy one.
Now that the positive psychology types are coming out with , we know tha. Those people spend too much time thinking miserable thoughts.
The problem is that this seems so nice to me.
And the problem is that now it all starts to make sense to me that Jeanenne is always busy doing stuff for Jehovah’s Witnesses. For instance, 400 people volunteered their time to build a new meeting place. I don’t think Jews would do that. We would donate money so that we could have more time to think dark, unsettling thoughts. But the Jehovah’s Witnesses keep busy. And anyway, going door-to-door is a lot of work.
The farmer and I went to visit.
We had to leave after only a short time because we had to pick the kids up from my Ex and I still needed to fight with the farmer about whether or not he can boss me around with my chickens if he won’t let me boss him around with his pigs.
5. Intellectual angst and constant turmoil are so fun and interesting that you won’t miss being content.
My friend came to visit. She is a friend who has been a professional flutist, novelist, gardener, and now I think she’s on her way to professional photography. Here is a random picture she took of the cows and the barn.
Anyway, she has a nose for nuisance, and she took one look at Jeanenne and said, “I can tell she brings a lot of stability to you. It’s good you have her.”
It’s true, really, that you can SEE stability in Jeanenne. That’s how she is. And she has a stable family and her kids are growing up and being good Jehovah’s Witnesses. And she doesn’t care that they’re not going to college because really, what is college about except challenging everything you already know?
This is one of my favorite pictures. It’s my son sitting in a crowd of boys watching my other son play a video game where he kills everyone.
This is a picture of the life I’m raising my boys to enjoy: a tangled life of misery and conflict, and gatherings to celebrate that. I am not crazy for wanting this. We are officially in the backlash period of the positive psychology movement (I am declaring that period beginning: Now.) As a backlasher myself, I’ you have to . Adam Philips recently made
in the Guardian with a review of one of my favorite books, , to show that people want interesting lives over happy ones.
was so far ahead of this curve that he had to disguise his
as an economic treatise. And I credit him with making me understand that an interesting life is a better goal than a happy one.
The farmer and I wake up very early in the morning. There’s a lot written about why you’ll be happier if you
, but who cares? Because the farmer doesn’t want more happiness —if he did, would he have married me? I’m way too much trouble. The farmer wants to be busy. He put in
and every day he wakes up early to chop dead trees in our forest.
I wake up early to think. Because I don’t want to be happy. I want idle time to let my mind wander because the unhappy result is so interesting. I watch the sunrise through the smoke, then I sip coffee and stress about what I’m doing with my life. Then Jeanenne comes to remind me that the other side’s always there if I change my mind.
Related posts
on November 30, 2010 at 10:12 pm
December 12th, 2016 in
November 9th, 2016 in
October 31st, 2016 in
October 12th, 2016 in
Advance your career. Advance your life.
Quistic is my newest startup, and it’s a place to find online courses that will help you in your career.下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
这些英语题题我不会啊,谁来帮帮我1.Sally lives a_____because her parents work in another city.2.___you___
____ speak English?
你会说英语吗?3.Tina seems to be happy now .(同义句)____
____ that Tina is happy now.
kfhiu0080C
1. Sally lives alone because her parents work in another city.2. Are you able to speak English?
be able to 与can通用,“有能力”3. It seems that Tina is happy now.
第三题为什么那样做?
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
1.Sally lives alone because her parents work in another city.2.Can you___
____ speak English?3.It seems
that Tina is happy now.
zhengque daan:1.Sally lives_ alone____because her parents work in another city.2._Are__you_able__
__to__ speak English?
你会说英语吗?3.Tina seems to be happy now .(同义句)__It__
_seems___ that Tina is happy now.
1.alone3.It seems第二道题是不是有问题啊? 做不出来。
1.Sally lives alone__because her parents work in another city.2.are_you_able_
to__ speak English?
你会说英语吗?3.Tina seems to be happy now .(同义句)__it_seems that Tina is happy now.
1.Sally lives alone__because her parents work in another city.2.are_you_able_
to__ speak English?__it_seems that Tina is happy now.
扫描下载二维码如果我是你 我会把钱捐给穷人 的翻译是:If I were you I would donate the money to the poor 中文翻译英文意思,翻译英语
请在下面的文本框内输入文字,然后点击开始翻译按钮进行翻译,如果您看不到结果,请重新翻译!
如果我是你 我会把钱捐给穷人
选择语言:从
罗马尼亚语
罗马尼亚语
If I were you I will donate money to the poor
If I were you I would donate the money to the poor
If I were you I would donate money to the poor
If I am your I can donate the money the poor person
相关内容&a除了以上一些已发表的结构,我们还发现一些更为新颖的结构 Except above some already the structure which publishes, we also discover some more novel structure & a我舍不得我的兄弟们. I do not give up me brothers. & ahe meets many other little wate drops 他遇见许多其他一点wate下落 & a我不等你 睡觉 正在翻译,请等待... & a空に向かうように 它面对对天空的方式, & aThank you for your visitation and your valuable observations. Please assist in terms of training material and technical advise............... 谢谢您的访问和您可贵的观察。 请协助根据训练材料和技术劝告............... & aChinese saying 中国说法 & aThe IMF estimates that it needs about $500bn in additional funding to try to ensure that the instability swirling around the eurozone doesn't create further problems for the global economy. Countries which use the euro have pinned their hopes for some time on a build-up in IMF resources. They want it to help create a m IMF估计它需要关于$500bn在另外的资助设法保证打旋在eurozone附近的不稳定不制造进一步问题为全球性经济。 使用欧洲的国家在IMF资源有一段时间了别住了他们的希望在积累。 他们要它帮助创造一个更大的财政防火墙防止eurozone债务危机吞噬的更大的经济,例如意大利和西班牙。 & aThat was phenomenal. 那是现象的。 & a产品包装:纸盒包装 Product packing: Paper carton packing & a必须控制好自己的情绪 Must control own mood & a应收款回款 Should receive money the funds & aFOR DIRECT CNEE 为直接CNEE & abaleno attitude baleno态度 & aGeschichte der Islamischen Kunst
& aThanks!The people who helped me! 谢谢! 帮助我的人民! & aI would feel unwelcome and was afraid to look at others. 我会感到不受欢迎并且害怕看其他。 & a我希望他平安 正在翻译,请等待... & aThe lonely people always is accustomed to lonely 孤独的人民总习惯孤独 & aghost rider 鬼魂车手 & a海伦每天花一些闲暇时间写作 Helen spends some leisure time writing every day & aMany industries, such as travel firms,traffic companies,restaurants ,hotels and so on ,earnde enough money . 许多产业,例如旅行企业,交通公司,餐馆,等等旅馆, earnde足够的金钱。 & ais therea small supermarket 是therea小型超市 & a清明前后,种瓜点豆 Around Pure Brightness, plants a melon bean & a(palm, olive, sunflower oil etc) it is quite busy business as you need to be in touch with clients and suppliers most of the time that is of course beside the headache of the marketing side.. (棕櫚、橄欖,向日葵油等)它是相當繁忙的事務,因為當然是在營銷邊頭疼旁邊。的您大多時間需要是和客戶和供應商保持聯繫。 & awhat do you do on your birthday party? 您做什么在您的生日聚会? & awanna go do something? 想要去做某事? & a225,plaza66,nanjing west road,shanghai 200040,china 225, plaza66,南京西部路,上海200040,瓷 & aYou are very warm in my winter 您在我的冬天是非常温暖的 & a男なら!谁のために强くなれ! 男性のなら! のためにの強いくなれかだれ! & a这是供老师使用的房间。 This is a room which uses for teacher. & aWithout a sense of identity, there can be no real struggle 不用身分感觉,不可以有真正的奋斗 & a成都真是个好地方! Chengdu really is a good place! & aYou are so bad . 正在翻译,请等待... & aOr give me the future, or now go away-, 或给我未来或者现在走开, & a我希望我能和你们成为朋友 正在翻译,请等待... & ado you have any ideas to make something by yourselves 正在翻译,请等待... & awhose is younger? we are as old as each other? 谁是更加年轻的? 我们是一样老象? & a赏灯 Enjoys the lamp & aLe but ultime de la vie c'est la joie. Le,但ultime de la竞争c'est la joie。 & a乔布斯被认为是计算机业界与娱乐业界的标志性人物,同时人们也把他视作麦金塔计算机、iPod、iTunes、iPad、iPhone等知名数字产品的缔造者,这些风靡全球亿万人的电子产品,深刻地改变了现代通讯、娱乐乃至生活的方式。 Qiao Booth was considered is the computer field and the entertainment field symbolic character, simultaneously the people also regard him do the wheat Chinta computer, iPod, iTunes, iPad, iPhone and so on the well-known digital product founder, these are all the rage the whole world trillion human o & aTina seems to be happy now Tina现在似乎是愉快的 & a一年里有多少个季节? How many seasons in does a year have? & awill you please correct 意志请您正确 & aReceived Matching Bonus Report ( ~ ) 正在翻译,请等待... & atrade mark 正在翻译,请等待... & a缠绵;不舍丶那一刻的邂逅 T Not shed dot that moment meeting unexpectedly & a为你而留 正在翻译,请等待... & a灵魂的归宿 Soul home to return to & a地铁建造 Subway construction & a有更少的工作做 Has less work to do & aA smile is the shortest distance between me and you! 微笑是我和您之间的最短的距离! & aThe extraction of neutral Hg complexes into the organic phase with solvating extractants 正在翻译,请等待... & a如果我是你 我会把钱捐给穷人 If I am your I can donate the money the poor person &下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
That story seems to be intresting 同义句
同义句:It seems that that story is interesting.
你回答里有两个 that
这题今天老师讲过了
不过你回答也辛苦
修改一下答案吧 对了给采纳
额,两个that是没错的
it seems that + 从句 (that story is interesting)
当然第一个that是可以省略的:It seems that story is interesting.
额 老师不是这么说的
这是初二英语
那就听老师的。
不用that 是 like
怎么用like了?
It seems like that story is interesting. 这样子?
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
it seems an interesting story
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 unhappy的同义词 的文章

随机推荐