Every words have no space boundut i know your means 中怎么翻译.

Other Stuff
Common Core Sheets
End of the Year Awards
So I've added a new section for the end of the year.
It's a 'Award Creator'. This was actually something I used with my class. Basically the school only had 3 awards to give out so I had to make my own.
So rather than doing something traditional I went with the ridiculous route.
For example, I gave the students who had the last name 'Smith' the 'Best Last Name' award. Because my last name is also Smith.
It's funny.
Anyway, if you want to make your own you can do so .
Or if you need some inspiration you can check out some of the ones I used .
It IS one of those things where you have to know your audience though.
Updated Create-A-Sheet
I also made a couple of changes to the create-a-sheet. Both under the hood and in presentation.
I've updated the code so that if you have a multiple choice answer with any of the phrases:
all of the above
all the above
none of the above
all of these
none of these
It will automatically assume you want that as the last choice and put it there.
I've updated the way the multiple choice answers are displayed so it takes the cumulative length when determining how to lay them out.
So basically it'll try to make them as space effective as possible. So you'll have fewer instances of things taking 2 lines when there is space for them to take 1.
Updated the multiple choice layout so that it will fill the available space instead of being a predefined amount. So it'll look better if you go over 1 page.
Updated the code to allow for line breaks inside of multiple choice answers. Good if you want to use lists inside of multiple choice problems.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Updated Create New Sheet
So one change to talk about today.
And that change is to the way the 'Create New Sheet' works.
Now instead of just taking you straight to the sheet it'll give you a bunch of options to change.
Most of the options are pretty self explanatory, but with the 'Number of Problems' it won't let you do more than the default, only less.
And if you're one of those folks who hates change (I feel ya). You can revert back to the old way in the
*Note: On a few sheets I've locked the font size. This is because if the size was set too big it would cause graphical errors.
Robert Smith (Admin)
New Feature: Favorites
So one new feature to talk about today. And that feature is 'favorites'. so on every sheet you'll see a little star
next to the title of the sheets. If you click the star it'll add that sheet to your favorites.
Then if you want to easily find it again you can just click the new menu option for '' (it's at the bottom of the math section) and it'll bring up the list of sheets you've favorited.
Also I've integrated the favorites into the create-a-review/test.
So you can now sort by 'favorites' as well.
Hopefully that'll make finding sheet a bit easier.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Review/Test Updated
So I've done a complete rewrite of the
and the backend code for many of the problems.
So... going over some of the changes to the interface.
Create-A-Review
No more boxes
Well... kinda. I mean technically the boxes are still there but now they're hidden and have variable sizes. And since everything no longer has to fit in to a 1 inch by 2 inch box it also allows for more problem types. Speaking of which...
More problem types
Yep, now almost every problem on the site is also on the create-a-review. There are some that wouldn't work or fit, but for the most part if you're looking for a problem it'll be there.
Sort By Grade
You can now sort by 1st through 8th grade or by subject. Kindergarten isn't on there simply because most of the kindergarten stuff on the site is interactive, not so much worksheets... I should probably do something about that.
Full Page Sheets
Now when you use the create-a-review it will automatically allow for full page sheets or even multiple pages.
Basically it'll try to choose the best size page for you based on the problem sizes.
You CAN force it to use the half page format, but depending on the the problem types you chose they may or may not fit. For example, trying to create a review of 10 bar graphs would be impossible to fit into half a page. So you may have to do some adjusting manually.
Updated Projector Mode
With all the other changes made, projector mode also had to be completely changed. Now it will attempt to create a 16:9 proportional page. So the page size will increase and increase to accommodate the problems. This will basically let it render everything readable, while also decreasing load times.
Shuffle for Best Fit
In order to help keep things as small as possible I've added the option to shuffle the problems for best fit. The normal worksheet shuffle will essentially sort by problem width, while the 'force half page' will shuffle by problem height.
Moveable problems
Now you can reorganize the problems to your liking. Just grab the little ??? and you'll be able to move the problem for better organization.
Create-A-Test
More problems
More problems. Quantity wise. Now you can add up to 50 problems. The way that'll work with the answer column though is if you go over 30 it'll create a separate answer page (with 2 student answer keys).
Answer Bank
Now you can add an answer bank to the test. The way I've set this up is that not every problem will show up in the answer bank though, but logical ones will. For example the question:
Which is more? 83 or 38
That answer won't show up in the bank because it'd be a 'gimme'. Same thing with multiple choice answers.
Space Below Problems
Yep, now you can add more or less space between the problems... not much else to say about this...
Updated layout algorithm
Without going into too many nerd details... I've changed the way the problems will lay out if they span two pages. Now instead of being a set size they'll expand to a percentage of the available size.
And as always if you notice anything not working or looking quite right, please .
Oh yeah, if you absolutely hate change and want to use the old version of the c-a-r or c-a-t you can find them here:
Robert Smith (Admin)
Halloween Sheets
So I've done a bit of modifying on the . For the rest of October when you visit
it will generate a Halloween themed set of sheets.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Spelling Sheet Maker Update (Crossword Puzzles)
So I've updated the
... again.
This time I've added an option to generate a crossword puzzle page. Yep...
Not really much else to say about this...
So on to the next news.
New Section 'Grade Scale'
I've also added a new section which is basically a .
This was actually something I used daily in my class. You know the scenario that always plays out when you have students grading papers:
Teacher: "Okay, if you missed 1, you scored a 94. If you missed 2 you scored an 89. If you-"
Student A: "What was it again if I missed 1?"
Teacher: "Missing one is a 94. Continuing on. If you missed 3 you scored an 83. If-"
Student B: "What if I missed 5?"
Teacher: "..."
15 Minutes later.
Teacher: "Okay, we're (finally) done. Do I need to go over any of them for anyone?"
*Every hand shoots up.*
Anyway, this helps to eliminate all that.
It's your basic grade scale, but it'll also resize to whatever size your window is. So it should be easily seen by all students when put through a projector.
If you notice any bugs or weirdness with either though, please let me know:
Robert Smith (Admin)
So I've been running this site for several years now, usually working on it about 14-17 hours a day (developing new material, site maintenance, etc).
Basically the site has become my social life... which is kinda pathetic when you say it out loud.
But anyway, there's still so much more I want to do with it. Which is why I've signed up with patreon.
So what is patreon?
Patreon is a way to help support content you like. Essentially you can pledge a certain amount per month (as much or little as you'd like) and it helps out content creators.
So what benefit do you get?
Unfortunately since everything on the site is free for everyone I don't really have much to offer. BUT if you do pledge $3 I'll remove all the ads from the site, just for you.
So wait, you're gonna start charging now?
NO! The site is and always will be free. I designed the site to be as user friendly as possible (minimal ads, no signup, constant updates) and none of that will change.
There won't be any 'members only' content or anything like that. Any new material created will still be available for free for all.
Your pledge will allow me to make more new content, more frequently, for more subjects.
So if you want to help support the site or if you just want to say thank you for what's come out in the past four years check out the link below. Signing up takes just seconds.
*Note: If you've donated to me in the past, I went ahead and set it up for you to have the ads killed based on the amount you donated.
Just head on over to
and put in the email you used.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Updates to Create-A-Sheet
So I've made a couple changes to the
Added an option for multiple fill in the blank answers. So what this means is that if you want to have multiple blanks in a problem you can.
Added an option to stylize text. So now if you want your problem to have a bold, italic, underlined, or strike through now you can.
Added an option for more than one correct multiple choice answer.
Changed the way true/false problems are answered, so now you can just tick true or false instead of typing it.
Changed the way multiple spaces are handled. Before if you had multiple space in a problem &&&&&&&& (like that) it would condense them to one. Now it won't.
Removed the case sensitive nature of defined multiple choice answers. So for example, before if you wanted an answer to be D you would have had to put D. (in caps) but now it'll work with d.(no caps).
Added an option to change the font size.
Added an option to include a word bank (will only pull answers from the Fill in the Blank).
Added an option to include instructions mid sheet.
And lastly, I've increased the limit from 20 problems to 30.
If you have no clue what any of that stuff I said means, no worries, you can check out all of it in action on the .
Updates to the Spelling Sheet Maker
Not done yet. I also made a couple changes to the
Added an option to remove the word bank for each sheet generated.
Added a new page 'Find the Correct Spelling'.
Added a new page 'Writing Four Times'.
Fixed a bug with traditional printing mode.
And if you notice any bugs or weirdness, please let me know:
Robert Smith (Admin)
New Feature 'One atta Time'
So I've add a new feature to the site called 'one atta time'.
Now I know what you're thinking, "That's not how you spell 'at a'."
... ANYWAY, what this does is randomly generate one problem at a time. It was designed with Smart Boards in mind, but I've also optimized it for use with tablets, phones or desktop computers.
To see it in action just click 'select a worksheet' and it's the very last option.
Or you can click
for the bar graph version, to help you get an idea of what it's all about.
In any case, this feature is available for ALMOST every worksheet (some worksheets don't really translate that well).
So let me know what you think.
Also if you notice any bugs or weirdness, please let me know either via the report bug button on the page or here:
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Sheet Improvements... Part 2
So a couple more changes to the 'create-a-sheet'.
o Changed the way multiple choice problems are displayed. Now if they are over a certain length it will run them vertically. Ie.
A. I'm a choice.
B. I'm another choice.
C. I'm a third choice.
D. I too am a choice.
Which basically means depending on the answers length it will display the multiple choice options in the most space saving (readable) way possible.
o Added an option to hide the numbers. So if you don't want the problems numbered anymore, now you don't have to.
o Added a total page count. So what that means is that if you have 3 pages at the bottom of the sheet there will be a 'page 1 of 3' displayed. This only applies to sheets longer than 1 page.
o Fixed a bug with 0 values as an answer. Before if you put 0 as an answer it wouldn't display. Now it will.
o Fixed a bug with multiple choice, defined letters under 4 choices. So if you had like 3 choices and had one choice set as a letter, it would still display all 4 choices (one would show blank). Now it only displays the choices that aren't blank.
And if you haven't checked it out already, you can find it at:
If you notice any bugs or weirdness, please let me know:
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Sheet Improvements
So over the last week I've been making some changes to the 'create-a-sheet' feature. A couple of the more visible changes:
o It will no longer split a problem between pages. Before if you had a long problem the line to write the answer could appear on the following page, but now it'll shift the entire problem to the next page instead (making reading a bit easier).
o I added the option to specify a multiple choice position. So if you want D. to be 'All of the above' (like the pic above) then you just type 'D.' before the answer.
You get the idea.
o I changed the true / false format so it will appear on the same line. This should save some space and prevent extra pages.
o I changed the page spacing if every question is multiple choice. Now it will automatically make the content portion wider and the answer key thinner.
And if you haven't checked it out already, you can find it at:
Robert Smith (Admin)
Improving A Paragraph Creator
So I've added a new feature to the site called the 'Improving A Paragraph Creator'.
What this does is let you generate a weeks worth of prompts and paragraphs for students to fix.
Actually technically this kind of existed before, but now you're able to add your own prompts, view others prompts, favorite prompts and edit premade prompts.
So yep, lots of neat stuff.
You can check it out at:
I've tried to keep the interface as simple as possible, but I'm always open to suggestions on ways to make it better.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Sheet
So I've added a new feature to the site called 'create-a-sheet'.
What this does is let you generate a sheet using several different question types.
You can check it out at:
I've tried to keep the interface as simple as possible, while still providing a lot of usability options. But I'm always open to suggestions on ways to make it better.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Spelling Maker Added
So I've finally got the 'spelling maker' up and running:
What this does is generate a weeks worth (or less) of spelling activities .
You've got scrambled words, a word find, alphabetical order, writing sentences and fill in the blank sentences.
The first four are pretty straightforward and the computer will do all the work, but the last one (fill in the blank) does require you to write out the sentences if you want that type.
As always I'm open to suggestions and feedback or if you notice anything wonky, please let me know.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Review Updated
So I finally updated the Create-a-Review. The interface and coding has been completely updated (it's now more like the 'create-a-test').
So a rundown of the new features.
More Problem Types:
A lot more. While I couldn't include EVERY problem type (space issues), between the Create-A-Review and the Create-A-Test most problem types are covered. Compared to the old version this one has about 300 more problem types.
Save your templates:
Yep, no more starting from scratch, now you can save your daily review to the database and load it up at a later date.
Easier to use:
Since it's using the the 'Create-A-Test' UI, you can now duplicate problems with the click of a button.
Projector Mode:
Rather than printing off 3 pages for each student, now you click the 'projector mode' and have a pdf that's ready to be displayed via projector / smartboard. Students will use 1 sheet of paper through the entire week with all their answers on it.
Daily Fact Drills:
Also with the projector mode is the option to include daily fact drills.
Customizable Quantities:
The old version required 10 problems, but with the new version you can have anywhere from 1 to 10, so if you want fewer problems, now you have that option.
Oh, if you absolutely hate the new version, I DO still have the old version available as a link at the top of the 'create-a-review' page.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create-A-Test
So after 10 months, 12 completely different versions and several million lines of code, the 'Create-A-Test' is ready to go.
Now comes the fun game I like to call, 'See how many bugs we can find'. Keep in mind this is like a super super super early version and things can and will change. But in the meantime you can check it out .
Some of the features are:
Over 350 different problems / types
Sort by Subject or Standard
Save / Share your sheets
This is actually something thats TECHNICALLY been available since the site first launched, but just disabled.
In the bottom right hand corner of all the pages is the 'quick options' menu. Which lets you add the ccss, due date or disable modified sheets on any newly generated sheet.
Additionally there is a link under 'other stuff' called (appropriately) .
And a couple things about the options.
1. When you select 'add ccss to sheets' or 'disable modified', it WILL stay checked across pages, from one day to the next.
2. The 'add due date' will NOT stay checked if you leave the site (this is so you don't accidently come back the next day and print off a bunch of sheets with the wrong due date).
3. The 'Options' page has an option to change the colors of printed sheets. This is NOT implimented on all sheets... yet. But more are being added. If you need a specific sheet converted, let me know.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Sort By Grade
Added the option to sort by grade (right now I've just got it open for k - 4, though more are coming shortly). Additionally almost all of the sheet have the closest standard listed next to them in blue.
Newest Sheets
Added an option to view the newest sheets uploaded .
Share Sheet
Added an option to link directly to a sheet. Next to the standard on a sheet is the share option. This will generate a direct link to the sheets as well as a couple embedding options.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Create New Sheet
Any worksheet with the double arrows (>>) will have the option to generate a new worksheet. Right now there are only a few worksheets that have this option but new ones are being added daily as well as any new sheet that is created will have this option.
In combination with the 'create new sheet' option there is also the 'my class' option. On any worksheet that is created this will swap out the default names for students from your class.
Modified Sheets
On a lot of the new worksheets (and old ones that are being converted over) you may see the modified badge next to the difficulty level. This means in addition to the regular worksheet and answer key, a modified version of the worksheet will be created. These have changes such as:
Answer Boxes
Reduced Quantity
Words to numbers ('one' changes to '1')
Visual examples
Multiple Choice
Interactive Sheets
A new section has been added for interactive material. This material is ideal for use with a smart board or other interactive screen as it often requires dragging and dropping (ie. drag 6 circles to the box) or selecting an answer via touch. It is in the development phase so please let me know if any issues or bugs pop up.
Updated Create a Review
The 'Create-A-Review' has been updated to include more content and better usability. You can now hover over the question to display the answer, the full question, etc. Some of the new question types are 'shapes', 'angles', 'negative numbers', 'function machines' and 'multistep'.
Robert Smith (Admin)
Advertisement:
Only works on 'Create New Sheet' (>>).
Include standard on Sheet
Do not include modified sheet

我要回帖

更多关于 space bound 的文章

随机推荐