What_____you______(talk)talk about usat 7.00 yesterday evening

2015山西高三第三次四校联考英语试题及答案_高考_3773考试网
| | | | | | | | |
&&-&&-&&-&&-&正文
2015山西高三第三次四校联考英语试题及答案
来源:3773高考
2015届高三年级第三次四校联考英语试题命题:临汾一中& 康杰中学& 忻州一中& 长治二中【本试题分第I卷和第II卷两部分,听力不计入总分】【时间120分钟,总分150分】第I卷第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)
做题时,先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。第一节&(共5小题; 每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1. What does the man want to do tonight?& A. Go out to eat.&&&B. Eat at home.&&&C. Learn how to cook.2. What does the woman most probably think of the man?& A. Naughty.&&&&B. Kind-hearted.&&&&& C. Careless.3. Why is there no food left in the fridge?& A. Jim ate all the food.& B. Alice took all the food. & C. Jim took all the food to the kitchen.4. How does Susan probably look now?& A. Pleased.&&&&B. Surprised.&&&&& C. Upset.5. What does the man’s father want him to be?& A. A musician.&&&B. A doctor.&&&&& C. A programmer.第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)&听下面5段对话。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。请听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。6. What time is it now?& A. 11:00 am.&&&B. 11:30 am.&&&& C. 12:00 noon.7. Where does the conversation take place?& A. On the train.&&&B. At the train station.&& C. At the restaurant.听第7段材料,回答第8、9题。8. Why can’t Adam go boating with the woman tomorrow?& A. He is busy preparing a speech contest.& B. He is taking a vacation in China now.& C. He has to work overtime tomorrow.9. What will the man do tomorrow?& A. Read a new book.& B. Write at home all day.& C. Spend an hour in the park.听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。10. What was the news about?& A. Jenny’s famous songs.& B. Jenny’s saving a baby’s life.& C. Jenny’s winning a music contest.11. How much money did Jenny receive?& A. 2,500 dollars.&&&B. 3,000 dollars.&& C. 5,000 dollars.12. What do we know about the woman?& A. She performed at the TV station.& B. She is well known to the public.& C. She is an unknown songwriter.听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。13. In which city did the man live?& A. Shanghai.&&&B. Beijing.&&& C. Wuhan.14. What was the man’s main reason for going to Los Angeles?& A. To visit his aunt.& B. To visit his grandma.& C. To study English there.15. What did the man think of the people in Los Angeles?& A. Direct.&&&&& B. Humorous.&&& C. Rude.16. Where did the man usually eat when he was in Los Angeles?& A. At restaurants.&&&& B. At a university.&& C. At his aunt’s home.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。17. What inspired the speaker to eat in a more healthy way?& A. A report about Americans’ eating habits.& B. A report about a restaurant owner.& C. A report about fast food restaurants.18. What do we know about Alice Waters’ restaurant?& A. It is famous in the US.& B. It was started in France.& C. It used to be a fast food restaurant.19. Where do the vegetables used by Alice Waters’ restaurant come from?& A. Overseas markets.&&&& B. Supermarkets.&&&&& C. Local farms.20. How much weight has the speaker lost in the past five years?& A. 30 pounds.&&&B. 40 pounds.&&&C. 70 pounds.第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分60分)第一节 (共15小题;每小题3分,满分45分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&Sure, it’s good to get along with your teacher because it makes that time you spend in the classroom more pleasant. And yes, it’s good to get along with your teacher because, in general, it’s smart to learn how to relate to the different types of people you’ll meet throughout your life.&But really, there’s one super-important reason why you should get along with your teacher. Kids who get along with their teachers not only learn more, but they’re more comfortable asking questions and getting extra help. This makes it easier to understand new material and do your best on tests. When you have this kind of relationship with a teacher, he or she can be someone to turn to with problems, such as problems with learning or school issues, such as bullying.&As a kid in elementary or middle school, you’re at a wonderful stage in your life. You’re able to take in lots of new and exciting information. Apart from that, you’re able to think about all this information in new ways. Your teacher knows that, and in most cases, he or she is thrilled to be the person who’s giving you all that material and helping you put it together. Remember, teachers are people, too, and they feel great if you’re open to what they’re teaching you. That’s why they wanted to be teachers in the first place to teach! &Some kids may be able to learn in any situation, whether they like the teacher or not. But most kids are sensitive to the way they get along with the teacher, and if things aren’t going well, they won’t learn as well and won’t enjoy being in class.21. Paragraph 2 mainly talks about_______.&& A. new materials learned from teachers&& B. ways to develop relationship with teachers&& C. benefits in getting along with teachers&& D. avoiding problems happening around kids22. What’s the writer’s attitude towards getting along with teachers?&& A. Doubtful.&&&&&&& B. Objective.&&&&& C. Uncaring.&&&&& D. Favorable.23. What can we know from the passage?&& A. Kids are unable to understand lots of exciting information.&& B. Kids are bullied while communicating with others in schools.&& C. Kids will leave the class when not doing quite well with their teachers.&& D. Kids will leave the class when not satisfied with teachers’ teaching methods.24. The passage is most probably taken from______.&& A. children’s literature&&&&B. an education magazine&& C. a science report&&&&&D. an advertisement&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& BSelena Gomez and I are scheduled to meet at a low-key coffee shop in Encino. Not wanting to keep the superstar waiting, I arrived at nine, 20 minutes early. As I was catching up on e-mails, Selena quietly scooted into the seat next to me. No bodyguard. Not even a drop of makeup. She was ten minutes early and so inconspicuous that no one else in the restaurant looked up so much. Selena was wearing Bebe shorts. She had a baby face and ordered a hot chocolate.After making small talk about what she wore for the shoot, she dived into the subject of her career. Selena declared 2012 the year of movies. She filmed three: Spring Breakers, The Getaway, and Hotel Transylvania, a comedy. Each is a marked move away from the teen style that made her a household name.&&& Now that her Disney days are behind her, Selena is at that unstable point in a child star’s career where she is trying to grow up---both as a person(she turned 20 in July)and as an artist. “Being part of the Disney Channel was such a blessing, and I’m super happy with what my show accomplished, but acting is something I would like to take on more seriously.” She continued, “I don’t necessarily feel accomplished. I want to creat a whole different persona when it comes to acting.”Selena has been working fulltime since she was seven years old and scored a role on Barney&Friends. In 2007, when she was offered the lead in Wizards of Waverly Place, Selena, her mother, and her stepfather uprooted from Grand Prairie, Texas, to LA, where they are settling now.25. When was it that Selena arrived at the low-key coffee shop?&& A. At ten.&&&&&&&B. At ten to nine.&& C. At ten past nine.&&&&&D. At thirty past nine.26. Which of the following statements is ture according to the second paragraph?&& A. Selena went into her film career as soon as we met in the coffee shop.&& B. Three famous films filmed in 2012 have shown her teen style.&& C. The film Hotel Transylvania is an action flick filmed in 2012&& D. Each of the three films marks Selena’s move away from her teen style.27. How did Selena think of Disney days which were behind her?&& A. She thought of playing in Disney a blessing.&& B. She didn’t feel very satisfied with her show in Disney.&& C. She found her not accomplished in her performance in Disney.&& D. She believed her being part in Disney Channel a blessing.28. The underlined word in the last paragraph probably means “ _______”.&& A. moved&&&B. picked&&&C. changed&&D. informed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Shark KeeperGet up close and very personal with the Aquarium’s largest exhibit and its biggest predators(食肉动物) with the new Shark Keeper program! After each participant prepares to feed the sharks and other fishes in the 120,000-gallon Lost City of Atlantis Exhibit, they will then get the once-in-a-lifetime chance to feed our sand tiger sharks! Participants will also experience a tour of other behind-the-scenes animal care work areas and take home a real-life shark tooth.&&& Program Outline:&& ~Greeting from Educator&& ~Educational Program: misunderstandings about sharks, biology, pictures, shark tooth comparisons, animal overview, what to expect during the experience.&& ~Behind-the-scenes food prep&& ~Brief overview of Safety and Policies&& ~Feeding&& Schedule:&& Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 3:40 pm&& Session: 3:40 pm&& Length: 60 minutes&& Requirements: All participants must be 16+.&& Price: $50.00, plus Admission(Members: $45.00). Space is currently limited to three participants per scheduled session.&& How to Book: Phone: 631 208 9200,ext.H2O(426)Online: When purchasing your Admission ticket, please select the Shark Keeper add-on under the Aquatic Adventures section of the shopping cart.&& Guests with Special Needs:Long Island Aquarium&Exhibition Center makes every effort to accommodate guests with special needs. Please be aware that to participate in this program, guests must be able to navigate the animal habitat spaces with minimum assistance, and must be able to understand and take direction in English from staff members. To ensure the best experience, please contact the Call Center at 631 208 9200, ext. H2O(426) to discuss your individual needs.&& Cancellations(取消):&& There is a 72-hour cancellation policy. Any cancellation made within 72 hours will not be refunded. No-shows will not be refunded or rescheduled. Guests arriving late (after the required program check-in time) will not be permitted to participate in the program and will not be refunded or rescheduled. We encourage guests to arrive at the Aquarium with plenty of time to park, enter, and check into the program. Adventurers should report to the Main Entrance at least ten minutes ahead. The sessions will begin quickly at the scheduled time. Please plan accordingly.29. After joining the program, you will _______.&& A. feed sharks once a life time&&&&B. get a real shark tooth as a souvenir&& C. meet the biggest predators of sharks&&D. draw some pictures of sharks30. As a guest with special needs, you are expected to _______.&& A. make sure of your individual needs&&B. move around the center alone&& C. follow the directions of staff members&&D. seek as much assistance as possible31. If you want to give up the program, you’d better _______.&& A. report it to the center 10 min before the session&& B. manage your plan again with 72 hours&& C. expect to refund from the center&& D. report the center 3 days in advance32. What information can we learn from the program?&& A. You can book the program in advance online.&& B. There is no limit to the age of participants.&& C. You need to pay $95 at least for the program.&& D. A session is scheduled for 3 children every week. DFund Tianhong Zenglibao has become the first fund in China to hit 100 billion yuan ($16.30 billion) of sales thanks to its cooperation with Yu’ebao, Alibaba’s wealth management product.Alipay(支付宝), attached to the e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, announced in June it would offer its users the option to directly invest with the private Tianhong Fund using spare cash from Alipay accounts. The business is called Yu’ebao.&&& The past five months have seen this fund blossom, owing to the prosperous Interet e-commerce platform, and the Singles Day shopping spree on November 11 had helped Yu’ebao. In the process of a deal on Taobao, once the buyer pays for the order, his or her money is first accepted by Alipay, then after he or she receives the goods, a final confirmation is made and Alipay then gives the money to the seller. If a buyer forgets to confirm payment, the money is transferred into the seller’s account after 10 days by the system.The Singles Day had a total volume of 35 billion yuan($5.75 billion) and thus a large amount of money passed through Alipay’s account. Analysts estimated that Alipay may have also bought the fund using the extra income, which powerfully enlarged the scale of Yu’ebao. Profit purchasing investors tend to choose safe financial management tools. The relatively stable yields of Yu’ebao is favored by most customers, the report said.Chinese e-commerence giant Alibaba allows consumers to invest their spare cash in the money market funds through its Alipay online payment service. The product, called Yu’ebao, or “Leftovers Treasure,” has netted 130 billion yuan so far, making the fund’s management firm, Tianhong Fund, the country’s largest fund management company. Meanwhile, due to the cooperation with Alipay, the management scale of Tianhong monetary fund has doubled from 55.653 billion yuan at the end of September to over 100 billion yuan. During the Singles Day, the frequency of payment of Alipay and Yu’ebao exceeded 188 million and 16.79 million with total transaction volume at 35 billion yuan and 6 billion yuan.33. The fund has been successful so far mainly because ________.& A. it is the country’s largest fund management fund.&& B. it was the first fund in China to cooperate with Yu’ebao.& C. consumers can directly invest the spare cash in it through online payment service.&& D.The online shopping is prosperous and the Singles Day shopping makes great&&&&&&&&&&&& contribution.34. From the passage, we can know that Alipay ________.&& A. allows sellers to invest their spare cash in the money market funds&& B. offers the business called Yu’ebao&& C. has doubled to 55.653 billion yuan at the end of September&& D. transfers the money from the buyer to the seller directly35. Which of the following is the best title of the passage?&& A. Yu’ebao, the right choice to invest&&&&& B. Alibaba helps make China’s largest fund& && C. Celestica, the largest fund in China&&&&& && D. Alipay, a branch of Alibaba group
第二节(共5小题;每小题3分,满分15分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。&&& It’s normal to wake briefly during the night.&& 36&& But if you’re waking up during the night and having trouble falling back asleep, the following tips may help.&&& Stay out of your head. The key to getting back to sleep is continuing to prepare your body for sleep, so remain in bed in a relaxed position. Hard as it may be, try not to stress over the fact that you’re awake, because that very stress and anxiety encourage your body to stay awake.&& 37&& &&&&&& 38&&& If you are finding it hard to fall back asleep, try a relaxation technique such as visualization(想象), or deep breathing, which can be done without even getting out of bed. Remind yourself that although they’re not a replacement for sleep, rest and relaxation still help refresh your body.&&& Do a quiet, non-stimulating activity. If you’ve been awake for more than 15 minutes, try getting out of bed and doing a quiet, non-stimulating activity, such as reading a book. Keep the lights dim so as not to think that it’s time to wake up.&&& 39&&& A light snack might relax you, but be careful not to eat so much that your body begins to expect a meal at that time of the day.&&&&&& 40&&& If you wake during the night feeling anxious about something, make a brief note of it on paper and delay worrying about it until the next day when you are fresh and it will be easier to resolve.A. Make relaxation your goal, not sleep.B. Put off worries and troubles.C. Use a flashlight to go to the bathroom at night.D. In fact, a good sleeper won’t even remember it.E. Also avoid screens of any kind-computers, TVs, cell phones, iPads.F. You’ll be much more productive and creative after a good night’s rest.G. A good way to stay out of your head is to focus on the feeling in your body.第三部分&& 英语知识运用(共两节,满分55分)第一节& 完形填空(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。&&& As a child, I started learning to play the piano, my favorite musical&& 41& ,but I was forced to give up when I started my middle school&& 42&& I could concentrate more on my studies.&It’s one of my biggest&& 43&& to stop practicing the piano when I recall sadly today. During the following years, I kept telling my piano teacher that I would& 44& . However, I didn’t keep my promise because I was&& 45&& with my study.&& 46&& I lost touch with my teacher. Some years later, my teacher died. I was very sad because I lost such a good teacher. She was a very warm and gentle person. It hurts me to think she may have been&& 47&& that I never returned. I haven’t taken lessons since then but to be honest, I&& 48&& to. Sitting at the piano, I couldn’t help recalling many&& 49& -- times of my practising at home and playing before my teacher and one time my teacher&& 50&& me after I played entire pieces of music wrong in front of her colleagues. I was so&& 51&& that I could hardly say anything. But her& 52&& helped ease my shame. These memories,&& 53& , good or bad, never caused my&& 54&& for playing the piano again.&This thought then led me to think that& 55& is like music, and that we all try to play different&& 56& in the instrument of our life. Sometimes the pitch(音高) is&& 57& when we play it well, but sometimes we are out of tone. However, we all continue to create our own&& 58& style of music. No matter what style our music is, it is&& 59&& that we sing the songs of joy, quietness and love. Though I may never make it back to piano lessons, it doesn’t& 60&& that I’ve stopped making music.
41.&A. instrument&B. performance&C. room&D. stage42.&A. because&B. so that&C. now that&D. for43.&A. successes&B. regrets&C. decisions&D. hobbies44.&A. play&B. graduate&C. leave&D. return45.&A. occupied&B. angry&C. satisfied&D. patient46.&A. Actually&B. Constantly&C. Suddenly&D. Gradually47.&A. astonished&B. glad&C. disappointed&D. amazed48.&A. liked&B. needed&C. wanted&D. decided49.&A. dreams&B. expressions&C. words&D. memories50.&A. instructed&B. hurt&C. punished&D. respected51.&A. frightened&B. moved&C. embarrassed&D. excited52.&A. happiness&B. satisfaction&C. comfort&D. sigh53.&A. instead&B. meanwhile&C. therefore&D. however54.&A. hope&B. courage&C. feeling&D. effort55.&A. life&B. learning&C. attitude&D. enjoyment56.&A. cards&B. sports&C. roles&D. games57.&A. hard&B. wonderful&C. surprising&D. complex58.&A. unique&B. boring&C. common&D. similar59&A. necessary&B. strange&C. possible&D. important60&A. matter&B. mean&C. report&D. appear
第Ⅱ卷注意:将答案写在答题卡上。写在本试卷上无效。第二节 语法填空 (共10小题;每小题I.5分,满分15分)阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(一个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。Hongbao, a red envelope with small amounts of money in, is a gift that is guaranteed to be warmly received, not just because of the cash, but also because of its&&&& 61&&&& (tradition) symbolism and best wishes for the future. This is true throughout China, but&& 62&&&& (especial) in the south where people regard receiving hongbao&&&& 63&&&& an auspicious(吉祥的)beginning to the New Year.&& Legend in the south has it that a devil used to appear to harm children and the elderly&& 64&&&& loud noise would frighten&&&& 65&&&& devil away, as did the color red.&&& Firecrackers took care of the noise and during Spring Festival couplets(对联) also helped keep him away. But firecrackers couldn't go off all day so childrenn and the elderly also got hongbao, red envelopes&&&& 66&&& (contain) money.&&& The tradition&&&& 67&&& (survive) millennia and giving hongbao to children and the elderly remains popular among Chinese people all over the world. It has also made its way into workplaces where bosses often give&& 68&&& (employ) hongbao and most recently, companies have adopted online marketing strategies&&&& 69&&& hongbao are distributed, hoping&&&& 70&&&& companies and staff members have a good start.Giving hongbao at the beginning of the Lunar New Year indicates best wishes for the future.第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题I分,满分10分)  假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。&&& 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。&&& 删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;&&&& 2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。Ladies and gentlemen,&Welcome to our English Corner. This Corner was set up three years before. Every Sunday morning, students from different schools and some foreigners often took part. Gather around here, we practise spoken English by talking about everything we are interested. We also exchange my experience in English study. We all have a good time here. Thousand of people have been here when it was set up.We think that they have learned a lot by taking part in activity here. It is a really supplement to our English class and it is welcome by students, their parents and teachers. They all think it is of helpful. If you want to know much about the corner, you may talk to the students here. 第二节&书面表达(满分25分)&&& 假如你是星光中学的学生李华,将参加主题为“My Chinese Dream”的英语演讲比赛,请撰写一篇演讲稿,主要内容包括:1.&梦想成为一名山村教师,帮助山村孩子;2.&山区偏僻,教育落后;3.&父母和朋友都反对;4.&我会......注意: 1. 词数100左右;&&&&&& 2. 开头和结尾已为你写好。Good morning, everyone!&Thank You!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
四校联考三联英语试题答案听力&& 1-5 BCBCB&&& 6-10 ABACC&&& 11-15 ACBCA&&& 16-20 CBACB
阅读&&& A篇21-24:& C D C B&&&&&& B篇25-28:& C D D A&&&&&&&& C篇29-32:& B C D A&&&&&&& D篇33-35:& D AB&&&&&&&&&&& 七选五36--40:D G A E B
完形&& 41-45ABBDA&&& 46-50DCCDA&&&& 51-55CCDBA&&& 56-60CBADB
语法填空&& 61. traditional& 62.especially& 63. as& 64.But&& 65. the& &66. containing&& 67. has suevived& 68. employees& 69.& where&& 70. their改错:1.before---ago& 2. took---take& 3. Gathering&& 4. interest后加in&& 5. my---our& 6.when--since&& 7. activities&& 8. really--real&& 9. Of去掉 或者helpful--help 10. Much---moreOne possible version:Good morning, everyone!I’m Li Hua from Xingguang Middle School. The topic of my speech is “My Chinese Dream”.As we know, the education of rural areas is falling behind other areas. And the children there are longing for knowledge. Therefore, the problem about the lack of teachers is especially serious. It puzzles me that parents and friends aren’t in favour of my idea of being a rural teacher. And they think I am foolish. I understand their thoughts and feelings, but I think the children in rural areas are in great need of me. I will study hard to go college, thus realizing my dream.I won’t regret my choice. I will struggle for my dream. Come on and join me!Thank You!
听力材料(Text 1) W: How about going out to eat now?M: I ate out yesterday. I really want to cook something at home tonight. (Text 2) M: Have you seen my maths textbook, Mom?W: What? Again? Why do you always leave your books everywhere? (Text 3)M: There is nothing left in the fridge. Did Jim eat everything?W: No. Alice went camping with some friends, so she took everything with her.M: Is there anything left in the kitchen? I’m starving.(Text 4)W: What’s wrong with Susan?M: She tried and tried ― but she failed again.W: Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. I thought she would pass the test for sure this time.M: Not everyone is as lucky as you are. (Text 5) W: What do you want to be in the future, Sam?M: I want to be a musician, but …W: But what?M: My dad wants me to study medicine and my mother wants me to become a computer expert. (Text 6) W: Good afternoon, sir. When is the next train to London?M: Let me check. The next train to London departs at 11:30 am, half an hour from now.W: One ticket, please.M: OK. It costs 25 pounds.W: And here is 30 pounds. By the way, is food served in the train?M: Yes. Lunch is served at noon, just half an hour after you get on the train.W: Thanks.(Text 7) W: Would you like to go to the park tomorrow, Henry? I really want to go boating. M: I’d like to, but I can’t. I’m working on my new book now, and I want to spend some time at home tomorrow writing. Why not ask Adam to go?W: Adam is busy, too. He is preparing for a speech contest. M: Then what about Jack?W: He’s in China right now on holiday. He won’t be back until next Friday. So, Henry, do you have to write all day tomorrow?M: No. W: Then why not spare just an hour to go boating? You find yourself inspired by getting out.M: OK, but one hour at most. I must finish my book by next Saturday.(Text 8) W: Did you watch the 6:30 news on TV yesterday evening?M: No. Was there any big news?W: No, not really, but Jenny was on the news!M: Really? Was it because of her saving that baby’s life the other day?W: No, it was because she won a music contest. Do you know what the prize was?M: 5,000 dollars?W: No, half that, and also a trip to the television station. While she was there, she got to perform the song I wrote for her.M: That’s great. I love your song. It’s beautiful. Now after Jenny’s performance, both Jenny and you will be known to the public.W: I hope so. I’ve been writing songs for so many years. Now the public has finally heard my music. M: I’m so happy for you and Jenny. (Text 9) W: Where did you spend the summer? Here in Beijing? M: No. I told my parents I didn’t want to spend the summer in Beijing, so they asked me to go to visit my grandparents in Shanghai.W: Did you go there?M: No. My grandma was traveling in Wuhan then. She called and told us that she wanted to go to Los Angeles to spend the summer with my aunt. I wanted to improve my English, so I asked her if I could go with her.W: Really? Did you go with her?M: Yes. She flew to Beijing and spent a few days with us. Then we flew to Los Angeles together. I took a class in a university there to work on improving my English. W: Did you find anything there surprising?M: Yes. Students could sit anywhere they liked in the classroom and were allowed to discuss whatever they liked with the teacher.W: What did you think of the people there?M: People there just say what they think. I couldn’t believe my ears at first. But then I got used to it. W: Did you like the food there?M: Not so much. But luckily, my grandma and aunt cooked at home. So I ate at home most of the time.(Text 10) Most Americans enjoy eating fast food. Five years ago, I liked eating fast food, too. I weighed 170 pounds then. One day, I read a report about Alice Waters, and I decided to change how I eat. Alice Waters opened her French restaurant in Berkeley, California when she was 27 years old. Today it is considered one of the finest restaurants not only in the US but also around the world. Unlike other restaurants, her restaurant encourages people to eat healthy food. She buys fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers and prepares them in a healthy way. Alice Waters even started a movement called “slow food”, to try and encourage people to prepare food in the more traditional, slow manner ― and avoid fast food. Her story greatly inspired me and I realized that eating healthily is very important. Since then, I’ve tried my best to avoid fast food. Now I seldom eat out, and when I do go out, I order only healthy food. Now I weigh just 130 pounds.
您可能喜欢的文章
上一个文章:
网站版权与免责声明
①由于各方面情况的不断调整与变化,本网所提供的相关信息请以权威部门公布的正式信息为准.
②本网转载的文/图等稿件出于非商业性目的,如转载稿涉及版权及个人隐私等问题,请在两周内邮件联系.
???????????????
???????????????

我要回帖

更多关于 talk about us 的文章

随机推荐