after the sirens player讲什么的,,Hugb Hood 写的,,英语文章

From Wikiquote
is an ongoing comic book series featuring the DC Comics hero of the same name. The character first appeared in Detective Comics #27, published in May 1939. Batman proved to be so popular that a self-titled ongoing comic book series began publication in the spring of 1940. It was first advertised in early April 1940, one month after the first appearance of his new sidekick, Robin, the Boy Wonder.
(1939-current)
is Bruce Wayne, a wealthy industrialist, playboy, and philanthropist. Witnessing the murder of his parents as a child, Wayne trains himself both physically and intellectually and dons a bat-themed costume in order to fight crime. Batman operates in the fictional American , assisted by various supporting characters including his sidekick
and his butler , and fights an assortment of villains influenced by the characters' roots in film and . Unlike most superheroes, he d he makes use of intellect, detective skills, science and technology, wealth, physical prowess, and intimidation in his war on crime.
Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. So my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible...
The Batman Wars Against the Dirigible of Doom Detective Comics #33 (November 1939), written by Bill Finger
I believe in Jim Gordon. I believe in Harvey Dent. I believe in Gotham City.
with art by
[To Superman] I want you to remember Clark, In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat, I want you to remember the one man who beat you.
Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are.
Criminals are a terror. Hearts of the night. I must disguise my terror. Criminals are cowardly. A superstitious terrible omen. A cowardly lot. My disguise must strike terror. I must be black. Terrible. Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. I must be a creature. I must be a creature of the night. Mommy's dead. Daddy's dead. Brucie's dead. I shall become a bat.
with art by
That vase was from the Ming Dynasty. Alfred will forgive me... eventually.
with art by
Batman: (to the Joker) Hello. I came to talk. I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we? Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later.
Batman: (to the Joker) Don't you understand? I don't want to hurt you. I don't want either of us to end up killing the other. But we're both running out of alternatives, and we both know it. Maybe it all hinges on tonight. Maybe this is our last chance to sort this whole bloody mess out. If you don't take it, then we're both locked onto a suicide course. Both of us. To the death. It doesn't have to end like that. I don't know what it was that bent your life out of shape, but who knows? Maybe I've been there too. Maybe I can help. We could work together. I could rehabilitate you. You needn't be out there on the edge anymore. You needn't be alone. We don't have to kill each other. What do you say?
with art by
Without warning, it comes...crashing through the window of your study, and mine...I have seen it before...somewhere. It frightened me as a boy... frightened me. Yes, father. I shall become a bat.
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
with art by
I made a promise on the grave of my parents that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. By day, I am Bruce Wayne, billionaire philanthropist. At night, criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot, call me... Batman.
Criminals, by nature, are a cowardly and superstitious lot. To instill fear into their hearts, I became a bat. A monster in the night. And in doing so, have I become the very thing that all monsters become - alone?
Deep down, 's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not.
They say that when you kill a man you not only take away what he was, but all he will ever be.
I have been to too many funerals.
with art by
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
with art by
(to Superman) Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired. And let's face it "Superman"... the last time you really inspired anyone -- was when you were dead.
with art by , ,
(to the Joker) And when you're sitting here alone in the middle of the night, unsleeping in the dark, remember -- every breath you take you owe to me.
with art by
And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win.
with art by
Did I finally reach the limits of reason? And find the Devil waiting? And was that fear in his eye?
with art by
Encyclopedic article on
at Wikipedia
Encyclopedic article on
at Wikipedia
Media related to
at Wikimedia Commons
at the Comic Book Database
  Creators  
  Characters  
  Live-action television  
  Live-action  
  serials and films  
  ;film series  
  The Dark Knight Trilogy  
  DC Extended Universe  
  Animated television  
  Animated films  
  Featuring Batman  
  With other heroes  
  Animated shorts  
  Novels  
  Related topics  Armed robbers leave trail of blood through South African shopping mall | Daily Mail Online
Armed robbers leave a trail of blood through South African shopping mall after heist goes wrong and terrifying shoot-out leaves seven people wounded
Two of those hurt were alleged bandits following the attempted heist at around 11.15am today at the Bedford Centre in BedfordviewThree customers and two security guards were also injured in the shootoutPolice recovered an AK-47 and an unlicensed handgun at the sceneBlood was splattered across the floor of the centre east of JohannesburgMall was in lockdown as police searched for clues this afternoonBy
16:48 GMT, 29 January 2015
08:13 GMT, 30 January 2015
Armed robbers left a trail of blood and destruction as they rampaged through a shopping mall in South Africa, leaving seven people injured.Two of those hurt were alleged bandits following the attempted heist at around 11.15am today at the Bedford Centre in Bedfordview, a town around 12 miles east of central Johannesburg.Gauteng police had sealed off the crime scene this afternoon to collect evidence following the shootout between a group of armed men
and security guards.
A police officer stands next to a trail of blood reportedly from one of the robbers after a botched heist inside the Bedford Shopping Centre near Johannesburg
A handgun and blood splatter left after the shooting at the shopping mall in Bedfordview
Seven people were wounded in the shootout, including two alleged robbers and three store customers
People attend to the injured, left bleeding on the floor next to a pile of broken glass left by stray bullets
Among the injured were three customers caught in the crossfire and two security guards. Police recovered an AK-47 and an unlicensed handgun at the scene.The 9mm could be seen in one of a number of dramatic pictures showing the popular shopping centre's bright white floor smeared with a vivid trail of blood, while the ground was also strewn by broken glass caused by stray bullets.A video tracking the path of blood was posted onto a page called Special Operations Group on Facebook.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
The botched robbery reportedly targeted a bank inside the mall, according to , with the gang approaching security guards who were collecting cash from a bank before a short but intense firefight broke out. He added that the guards were both shot in the leg and are in a stable condition.Netcare 911 spokesperson Santi Steinmann told
that the shooting happened at about 11:15, and paramedics received the call at about 11:30.Those who had been shot are in a serious to critical condition and have been taken to various hospitals, Netcare 911 spokesperson Santi Steinmann. Other suspects may be at large, police confirmed.
Medics carry a victim on a stretcher before a swarm of emergency vehicles outside the Bedford Centre
The centre was placed on lockdown as police investigated the shooting and ambulances massed outside
Seven people were hurt in the shooting at the shopping centre at around 11.15am
Police and support units flood the area around the mall after gunmen stormed the buildingA grey VW Jetta sedan, with blood stains on it, was sealed off by the police looking for clues.A firearm was spotted underneath the vehicle and a shoe lay nearby.
A tweet on an account for Bedford Centre said: 'Bedford are investigating this horrific incident. We will release a statement as soon as we have more information.'Another tweet said: 'No stores were involved. Shootout between SBV and robbers.'One person was shot in the head, arm and abdomen while another was shot in the arm, said paramedics spokesperson Danielle Dooley.One suspect was shot in the leg and tried to run away but was found in the basement area, she added.Another suspect had been shot in the chest and was found near the escalators. An elderly woman was found hiding between clothing rails at a store. She had a heart condition and was experiencing chest pain. She was treated on scene and transported to hospital by for further medical treatment.Police wouldn't confirm the number of suspects but witnesses told an eNCA reporter they saw at least five suspects.
Popular Bedford Shopping Centre is in Bedfordview, around 12 miles east of central Johannesburg
Read more:
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BEST
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your messageThe Florida peninsular ( September 22, 1860 )您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
(江苏省扬州市学年度高三第一学期期中质量检测英语试题.doc 16页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
需要金币:60 &&
(江苏省扬州市学年度高三第一学期期中质量检测英语试题
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
扬州市学年度高三期中质量检测英语试卷本试卷分五部分。满分120分。考试时间120分钟。第一部分:听力(共两节,满分20分)做题时,先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。第一节(共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1.Whichcolorwillthemanchoose?A.Blue.
B.Green. C.Brown.2.Whatcanwelearnfromtheconversation?A.Thewomanthoughttherewerenoticketsleft.B.Thewomanthoughtthatticketswouldbeavailablesoon.C.Theaudienceweredeeplyimpressedbytheconcert.3.Whatkindofteadoesthewomanwant?A.Teawithmilk.
B.Teawithsugar.
C.Teawithmilkandsugar.4.Whatdayisittoday?A.Sunday.
B.Saturday.
C.Thursday.5.Whatdidthewomanthinkofthemovie?A.Terrible.
B.Fantastic. C.Average.第二节(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各个小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。6.Whatistheprobablerelationshipbetweenthetwospeakers?A.Husbandandwife.
B.Salesmanandcustomer. C.Teacherandstudent.7.Whatkindofdressdoesthewomanfinallybuy?A.Alightcottondress.
B.Adarkcottondress.
C.Alightsilkdress.听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。8.Whatcanweinferaboutthewoman?A.Sheoftengetsupearlyinthemorning.B.Shefeelsnervousaboutherexams.C.Shecannotsleepatnight.9.Whatdidthedoctoradvisethewomantodo?A.Takesomemedicine. B.Gotoanotherhospital. C.Getenoughsleep.听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。10.Whatcanwelearnabouttheman?A.Heisquiet.
B.Heishard-working.
C.Helikesspendingtimewithpeople.11.Whatdoesthewomanwantthemantodo?A.TeachherChinese.B.TellherwhathesawandheardinLondon.C.Writeanarticleforamagazine.12.Inwhatlanguagewillthemanwritethearticle?A.English.
B.Chinese.
C.Japanese.听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。13.Inwhichfielddoesthemanhaveamaster’sdegree?A.Chemistry.
B.Nuclearphysics.
C.Literature.14.Whatdoesthewomanthinkofchemistry?A.Shethinksitisinteresting. B.Shethinksitisdifficult. C.Shethinksitispopular.15.Whatcanwelearnabouttheman?A.Heprefersphysicstochemistry.B.Hejustgraduatedfromhighschool.C.Hehasyearsofhardstudyahead.16.Whatdoesthewomanwanttobe?A.Awriter.
B.Adoctor.
C.Ateacher.听第10段材料,回
正在加载中,请稍后...

我要回帖

更多关于 sirens player 的文章

随机推荐