Heyou had funn in climbing mountains He __ __mountains.

当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 Peter was mad on mountains. Climbing was the lov..
阅读理解。
&&&& Peter was mad on mountains. Climbing was the love of his life. Church towers, seaside cliffs, rock faces, ice mountains, anything-"If it's there," he used to say, "then I want to climb it." So the news of his marriage gave me a surprise. I'd never known him to take much interest in girls. Well, well, Peter was a married man!I couldn't get over it. I wondered whether his wife would try to stop some of risky adventures. &&&& She was French perhaps-from that place where he usually spent his holidays. Chamonis, wasn't it? FromChamonis he'd climbed Mont Blanc on his seventeenth birthday, and one of the Aifuilles the day after! That was it, then, she was French from a family, most of whom like climbing. No doubt. No other explanation. &&&& A month later I met them both in town. Anna surprised me because she was English. She was a dancerin the theater. "Never climbed more than sixty steps in my life," she told me. "Peter has his interests, and I'vegot mine. No problems." "None at all," Peter said, smiling.&&& &"Where did you spend your honeymoon?" "I flew to New York to see the drake Dancers on Broadway. A wonderful show!" &&&& Peter said, "I didn't want to miss the good weather. So I went to Switzerland and climbed the north face of the Eiger with Allen Dunlop. Great fun, the Eiger. Grand place for a honeymoon! I'll show you the photoswe took one day."
1. "Peter was mad on mountains" means _____.
A. he disliked climbing mountains B. he was angry on mountains C. he lost his senses on mountains D. he enjoyed climbing mountains very much
2. The phrase "risky adventures" means _____.
A. expensive adventures B. dangerous adventures C. terrible adventures D. unkind adventures
3. According to the passage, after Peter's marriage _____.
A. he would stop mountain climbing because his wife didn't Iike it B. his wife would stop him from mountain climbingC. he himself would give up his love D. Peter would continue his love and so he did
4. The writer had thought the only reason why Peter married was that the girl _____.
A. might be French living near the mountain, and from a mountaineer family B. would not stop his climbing C. perhaps came from France D. might live near the mountain
5. Peter and Anna's marriage is probably _____.
A. a failure because neither of them loved the other's love B. happy because each of them respected the other's love C. painful because either of them would do their own thing D. a mistake because either of them wouldn't care the other's love
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:同步题
1-5: DBDAB
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 Peter was mad on mountains. Climbing was the lov..”主要考查你对&&故事类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
故事类阅读
故事类阅读概念:
这类文章一般描述的是某一件具体事情的发生发展或结局,有人物、时间、地点和事件。命题往往从故事的情节、人物或事件的之间的关系、作者的态度及意图、故事前因和后果的推测等方面着手,考查学生对细节的辨认能力以及推理判断能力。故事类阅读应试技巧:
1、抓住文章的6个要素:阅读时要学会从事情本身的发展去理解故事情节而不要只看事件在文中出现的先后顺序。因此,无论是顺叙还是倒叙,阅读此类文章时,必须要找到它结构中的5个W(when, where, who, why, what)和1个H(how),不过不是每篇都会完整地交待六个要素。毫无疑问,寻出这些元素是能够正确快速解题的一个先决条件。 2、注意作者的议论和抒情:高考英语阅读理解故事类文章常伴随着作者思想情感的流露和表达,因此议论和抒情往往夹杂其中。行文时或按事情发生发展的先后时间进行或按事情发生发展的地点来转换,也可能按事情发展的阶段来布局。在引出话题,讲完一件事情后,作者往往会表达个人感悟或提出建议等。这些体现作者观点或思想的语句在阅读时可以划线,它们往往体现文章中心或者写作意图,属于必考点,所以要仔细体会。 3、结合前两点归纳文章中心,把握作者态度:故事类文章是通过记叙一件事来表达中心思想的,它是文章的灵魂。归纳文章中心思想时,尤其要分析文章的结尾,因为很多文章卒章显志,用简短的议论、抒情揭示文章中心;文章中议论抒情的句子往往与中心密切相关;也有的文章需要在结合概括各段大意的基础上归纳中心。另外,叙述一件事必有其目的,或阐明某一观点,或赞美某种品德,或抨击某种陋习,这就要求我们在阅读时,通过对细节(第1点中的六要素)的理解,把握作者的态度。 4、有章有据进行解题判断:分析文章,归纳主题,属于分析、概括、综合的表述能力的考查。切忌脱离文章,架空分析,一定让分析在文章中有依据。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 Peter was mad on mountains. Climbing was the lov..”考查相似的试题有:
230955224519242520241330197092179984Climbing mountains is interesting.
爬山很有趣。(经验)
Why do humanity's best choose to undertake difficult tasks, such as climbing mountains and crossing oceans?
为什么人类总是喜欢选择从事那些艰难的工作,例如攀爬高山或穿越海洋?
And the most likely reason for such an intelligence to make universes is the same for doing things like climbing mountains, or studying the nature of subatomic particles – because we can.
而且这类智能创造宇宙最可能的原因,与从事诸如爬山或者研究亚原子粒子的性质这类事情的原因差不多——因为这些事情我们也能够做到。
Both work and study are important, while proper relax and recreation are also important. At weekends of spring, let's go out together for an outing, climbing mountains, which are big pleasures.
工作重要、学习重要,而适当的放松和休闲也很重要,春天的周末,呼朋引伴,一起去踏青、去爬山,享受大好春光,是一大乐事。
Paul:Is it?Mine is climbing mountains on Sunday mornings.
是吗?我最喜欢的是星期天早上爬山。
Do you like climbing mountains?
你喜欢爬山吗?
Climbing mountains on Double Ninth Festival was already prevailing in the Tang Dynasty, and a lot of poems were devoted to this custom.
重阳节登高,在唐代就开始盛行了,古时也有很多跟重阳登高有关的诗歌。
I had had a lot of fun going for picnics, learning to swim and climbing mountains.
我的假日生活趣味横生——野餐,学游泳,爬山。
Also for this reason people believe that climbing mountains can make people live a more longevous life.
除此之外,人们还相信登山能使人健康长寿。
Another reason that climbing mountains are valued by people, especially by the elderly is that is has a meaning of “climb to a longevous life”.
登高之所以受人重视,特别受老人重视,是因为人们认为登高还意寓“登顶长寿”。
And the custom of climbing mountains and eating a special cake also features the day.
登山和吃特色糕的风俗也是这一天的特色。
working in the field as gardeners and farmers, going to work on foot, cycling to work, having a walk after supper, climbing mountains, traveling, attending all kinds exercises in health clubs, etc.
像园艺师和农民一样在田野劳作,步行,骑自行车去工作,饭后散步,爬山,旅游,参加健身俱乐部的所有活动等等。
This custom of climbing mountains can be dated back as early as West Han Dynasty.
登山的风俗可以追述到很早的西汉时期。
Ulcers is what you get from climbing mountains over mole hills .
把小土堆当作高山来爬,你会得溃疡。
By the end of this month he will have been training horses/climbing mountains for twenty years.
到了这个月底他驯马/登山就满20年了。
You're not climbing mountains; you're meeting people and exchanging ideas. It feels great.
而你没有爬到山顶,你在约会别人和与之交换意见,那样感觉棒极了。
Don't worry. I hear you are very keen on climbing mountains. We can go there by bus, and go to the top of the mountain on foot.
别担心。我听说您非常喜欢爬山。我们可以坐公交去那里。然后步行到山项。
My hobbies are hiking, fishing and climbing mountains.
我的嗜好是徒步旅行、钓鱼和爬山。
He is climbing mountains with his father.
他打算和他的爸爸一起去爬山。
My grandfather's interests range from playing chess to climbing mountains although he is 70 years old.
我爷爷虽然70岁了,但他的爱好广泛,从下国际象棋到爬山,多种多样。
His favourite sport is climbing mountains.
他最喜欢的运动是登山。
Climbing mountains is quite a different experience.
我父亲是一个很有经验的老师。
I bought a pair of heavy duty shoes for climbing mountains.
我买了一双结实的登山鞋。
Spent Saturday climbing mountains and exploring caves.
星期六爬上访山和下溶洞探险。
THE sound of the bagpipes is as familiar to the Scottish as wearing a kilt and climbing mountains.
对于苏格兰人来说,风笛的声音就如同穿苏格兰方格呢短裙或爬越高山一样亲切而熟悉。
This custom of climbing mountains can be dated back as early as West Han Dynasty.
爬山这一习俗可以追溯到早在西汉时代。
爬山这一习俗可以追溯到早在西汉时代。
点击关注有道词典
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!首字母填空 Do you enjoy climbing mountains?_九年级_风采教学网
|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
首字母填空&Do&you&enjoy&climbing&mountains?
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
首字母填空&Do&you&enjoy&climbing&mountains?
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 15:05:59
短文填空&&
根据短文内容及首字母提示,补全空格内单词,使短文完整、通顺。
Do you enjoy climbing mountains? I’d like to tell you a true story about John and Peter. They were b__1__ mountaineers(登山者). As John was experienced, he was always asking Peter to copy his example. “Would you like to stand on the t__2__ of the world, Peter?” “Of course. It has already been my d__3__,” Peter answered.
On a sunny morning, the two men started for the top of Mount Qomolangma. After they climbed over one of the most d__4__ slopes(斜坡), they found a man lying in the snow. “He’s going to d__5__,” Peter looked at John and said, as if he would help the man. “Leave him by himself and just follow me! But if you bring the burden(累赘) with you, I’m a__6__ you will lose your life.” John warned Peter. Then he turned around and walked forward a__7__. It was too cold. After thinking for a w__8__, Peter made up his mind to help the dying man. He carried the man on his back and made his way forward. Little by little, Peter’s temperature made the man w__9__. The man came to himself! And soon he could move all by himself. Together they moved side by side.
About two hours later, they kept up with John. To their surprise, they found that John was almost dying in the s__10__. He had been frozen to death.
1. both& 2. top&& 3. dream& 4. dangerous& 5. die
6.afraid 7. alone/again 8. while 9.warm& 10. snow
试题录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一个试题: 下一个试题: 没有了
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)答案:D;B;D;A;B
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:学习·探究·诊断  高二英语(下)
  Dog owners now have a little help understanding their furry friends. A new device called Bow-Lingual “translates” dog barks into English, Korea or Japanese.
  Bow-Lingual's Japanese inventors spent much time and money-analyzing dog barks. They found that dog noises can be broken down into six different emotions: happiness, sadness, frustration, anger, assertion and desire.
  Part of the Bow-Lingual device hangs on the dog's collar. The other part is a handle-held unit for the owner. When the dog barks, the unit displays translated phrases.
  Some people have scoffed at Bow-Lingual. “Who would pay US $ 120 to read a dog's mind?” they ask.
  But those who have purchased Bow-Lingual praise the device. Pet owner Keiko Egawa, of Japan, says it helps her empathize with her dog, Harry. “Before we go to the par, he always says he wants to play,” says Egawa, “and after a walk, he always says he is hungry.”
  Bow-Lingual is riot yet available in Chinese. So you'd better keep studying Studio Classroom, or soon your dog may know more English than you do!
1.This passage is mainly talking about ________.
A.Bow-Lingual's inventors
B.dog barks and their different emotions
C.talking dogs
D.a little help for dog owners
2.Which of the following sentences is TRUE according to the passage?
A.Dog owners now can understand their dogs better.
B.Bow-Lingual is a new device that enables dogs to talk in English, Korean or Japanese.
C.More and more Chinese dog owners would keep studying Studio Classroom in order to know more English than their dogs.
D.People who have used the Bow-Lingual say it helps them better understand their dogs.
3.What does “scoffed at” mean in the 3rd paragraph?
A.shouted atB.questioned at
C.laughed atD.doubted about
4.How do you understand the sentence “Bow-Lingual is not yet available in Chinese” in the last paragraph?
A.Bow-Lingual has not yet appeared in Chinese market.
B.Bow-Lingual can not yet recognized Chinese dogs' barks.
C.Chinese dog owners do not know yet how to use Bow-Lingual.
D.Dog barks can not yet be translated into Chinese phrases with Bow-Lingual.
5.The writer of this passage is most likely to be ________.
A.a dog ownerB.a reporter
C.an advertiserD.an expert on dog barks
来源:安徽省桐城六中2010届高三第二次模拟月考英语试卷
  Student Puts School President On eBay
  An Ohio State University student has put their school president on the online auction(拍卖)site eBay.Bidding started at a penny and the seven-day auction had 64 bids from 19.bidders topping out at almost $100 million.
  Skydiver, 96, Hurt In Attempt To Set Record
  In Washington, a 96-year-old man aiming to become the oldest person to make a solo skydiver had a rough landing and suffered a dislocated shoulder, but otherwise safe.
  Pets Fight In Car, Cause Wreck
  An American Lovell man was moving to his new home with all his belongings packed into his car when his pet cat got loose, found his pet snake and started fighting inside the car, causing him to lose control and crash into a narrow ditch(沟).
  Thieves Steal Built-In Swimming Pool
  When a Norwegian family visited their mountain cabin over the weekend, they discovered a big hole in the yard in place of the built-in swimming pool that had been installed 20 years ago.
  Man Burns Down Home Over No Gifts
  In Southampton, Long Island, Wednesday.A man, angry that he got no presents for
  Christmas, burned down his parents' home early Christmas morning.
According to this passage, which of the events happened at the weekend?
A man's pets fought in the car and caused a car crash.
An old man aiming to set a record got hurt.
A man burned down his parents' home over no gifts.
A family found their swimming pool stolen.
Which of the following events happened to the Lovell man?
He was put on the online auction site eBay.
His car crashed into a narrow ditch.
His built-in swimming pool was stolen.
He burnt down his parents' home.
The passage is most probably taken from _______.
a science magazine
a research paper
a personal diary
a newspaper
来源:山东省济宁市鱼台二中2012届高三11月月考英语试题
  Teach children basic safety around dogs and review regularly:
  ·Do not approach an unfamiliar dog.
  ·Do not run near a dog or scream.
  ·Remain still when approached by an unfamiliar dog.
  ·If you are knocked over by a dog, lie still and hold your breath.
  ·Do you play with a dog unless watched by an adult.
  ·Immediately report stray(流浪的)dogs, or dogs displaying unusual behavior to an adult.
  ·Avoid direct eye contact with a dog.
  ·Do not disturb a dog who is sleeping, eating, or caring for baby dogs.
  ·Do not pet a dog without allowing it to see sniff you first.
  ·If bitten, immediately report the bite to an adult.
  A study on fatal dog bites lists the breeds(品种)involved in fatal attacks over 20 years.It does not find specific breeds that are most likely to bite or kill.Each year, 4.7 million Americans are bitten by dogs.These bites result in about 12 deaths every year:about 0.0002 percent of the total number of people bitten.These few deaths offer little information about breeds involved in dogs of a particular breed, and no way to determine which breeds are more likely to bite or kill.
  Many practical alternatives hold promise for preventing dog bites.For prevention ideas and model policies for the control of dangerous dogs, please see the American Veterinary Medical Association Task Force on Canine Aggression and Human – Canine Interaction:a community approach to dog bite prevention.
When you are knocked down by a dog, you should.
get up and run away as fast as possible
run away and shout loudly for help
not allow the dog to sniff you
pretend to be dead
Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage?
Children should not look a dog in the eye.
Children should not touch a sleeping dog.
Children should not be afraid of dogs.
Children should tell adults about bleeding bitten by a dog.
We can infer from the second paragraph that.
dog bites result in about 100 deaths in America each year
lots of information about breeds involved in dog bites has been collected
many dog bites are not treated properly nowadays in America
more effort needs to be made to determine which dog breeds are more likely to bite
The last paragraph provides readers with information about.
where to get dog bite prevention ideas
how to keep pet dogs
easy cures for dog bites in country areas
deaths caused by dog bites
Where can you read this passage?
entertainment news in newspapers
scientific research in magazines
health and life in magazines
Sports events in newspapers
来源:2010年普通高等学校招生全国统一考试、英语(全国二)
  When I was six, Dad brought home a dog one day, who was called“Brownie”, My brothers and I all loved Brownie and did different things with her.One of us would walk her, another would feed her, then there were baths, playing catch and many other games.Brownie, in return, loved each and every one of us.One thing that most touched my heart was that she would go to whoever was sick and just be with them.We always felt better when she was around.
  One days, as I was getting her food, she chewed up(咬破)one of Dad's shoes, which had to be thrown away in the end.I knew Dad would be mad and I had to let her know what she did was Wrong.When I looked at her and said,“Bad girl.”She looked down at the ground and then went and hid.I saw a tear in her eyes.
  Brownie turned out to be more than just our family pet.She went everywhere with us.
  People would stop and ask if they could pet her.Of course she'd let anyone pet her.She was just the most lovable dog.There were many dines when we'd be out walking and a small child would come over and pull on her hair.She never barked(吠)or tried to get away.Funny thing is she would smile.This frightened people because they thought she was showing her teeth.Far from the truth, she loved everyone.
  Now many years have passed since Brownie died of old age.I still miss the days when she was with us.
What would Brownie do when someone was ill in the family?
Look at them sadly.
Keep them company.
Play games with them.
Touch them gently.
We can infer from Paragraph 2 that Brownie ________
would eat anything when hungry
felt scary for her mistake
loved playing hide-and-seek
disliked the author's dad
Why does the author say that Browrnie was more than just a family pet?
She was treated as a member of the family.
She played games with anyone she liked.
She was loved by everybody she met.
She went everywhere with the family.
Some people got frightened by Brownie when she
rushed to thhem
tried to be funny
Which of the following best describes Brownie?
来源:黄冈题库练考新课堂 高一英语
  Of all the fish we catch in the world, we eat only three quarters of it. The rest goes to glue(胶水), soap, margarine(人造黄油), pet food and fertilizer.
  Fishermen usually freeze fish they catch at sea. Back in port, they defrost(除冻) the fish, make the fish have no bones in and sell it as fresh fish.
  Over ninety-five percent of fish caught is in the northern hemisphere. Thus, only about five percent of all fish caught is from south of the equator.
  The Japanese are the world champion fish eaters. They eat twice as much fish as the Scandinavians, and five times as much as the Americans. The Russian sturgeon(鲟鱼) is the most expensive fish in the world. The eggs of the sturgeon are called caviar(鲟鱼籽).
1.What do we do with the fish we catch in the world?
A.We eat all the fish we catch.
B.We use some of it to make pet food and fertilizer.
C.We do not use 25% of it.
D.We freeze all the fish we catch.
2.We catch most fish ________.
A.south of the equator
B.on or just north of the equator
C.in the northern part of the earth
D.in the southern hemisphere
3.In the second paragraph, the word“defrost”means ________.
A.make the fish dead
B.make the fish alive
C.make the fish become unfrozen
D.make the fish clean
4.Which of the following statements is correct according to the passage?
A.Americans eat five times as much fish as the Scandinavians.
B.Scandinavians eat five times as much fish as the Americans.
C.Japanese eat more fish only than the Americans and Scandinavians in the world.
D.The Americans don’t eat so much fish as the Japanese.
5.The best title for this passage is ________.
A.Fishing
C.Fish and Ocean
D.Fish and Japanese
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 had fun 的文章

随机推荐