1 there,the,desk,over,book,the,on,is 2 under,bag,the,little green bag,that,what,is

您的位置: &
> 英语教案-Unit 6 Is she a stude
英语教案-Unit 6 Is she a stude
作者:mayaru
practise中的图片,如有条件可以带一些实物,更吸引学生注意力]。教师手指一张图片提问学生,Is并重复两至三遍,给学生深刻的印象后,再问学生,Is学生之间问答,Isisn’t.随着学生答案的出现,教师板书答案。A.看图说话,教师将已准备好的两张小轿车图片挂在黑板上或实物模型给学生看,让学生试着描述,帮助、启发学生运用所学过的英语句子,如ThisB.借助图片或实物教学生词white和black.如,This
Lesson 33教案示例  课题:LESSON THIRTY-THREE  重点:句型Is it his bag? No.    
and  难点:理解 Let’s go and ask him.   
发音Whose bag is that?   
Let’s go and ask him.  过程:  一、复习/热身   1.Tongue twister [配套教材第28课中Let’s play录音]  
全班学生先一起听录音进行回忆  
全班学生一起有节奏地说  2.教师发出指令,学生根据指令做动作  
T:Show me your cap.  
Show me your bag.  
Show me one’s cap.(这个学生的同桌将帽子举起)  
Show me one’s bag. (这个学生的同桌将书包举起)   Ss做相应的动作   T: This is my cap. (拿起事先准备好的教师自己的帽子)   Ss: This is my cap. (手举自己的帽子)   T: Is this your bag? (拿自己的书包问学生)   Ss: No. This is my bag.(举自己的书包)   3.
复习第32课课文   A. 小组表演第32课课文对话,同桌两人一组进行对话,并到讲台前表演。   B. 想象自述:假设自己是一个做某职业的人,用所学过的介绍自己的句子做个简单的自我介绍。   提问时间:就这个学生的自述,学生可以对他介绍过的情况进行提问,其余学生进行解答,从而考察学生们是否能认真听、是否真的明白了。  二、介绍新语言项目与教学方法  
情景展现 [出示主题图]  
A. 根据主题图内容进行师生问答  
T:How many pupils can you see in this picture?  
Where are they?  
What’s that over there?  
Whose bag is that?  
Ss answer the questions  
B. 根据主题图内容用英文进行简单描述  
C. 教师小结:There are two boys in the classroom. There is a bag on that desk. The boys don’t know whose bag it is. They are talking about it.  
课文教学  
A. 听课文录音一遍,回答教师提问 [配套录音]  
Q: What color is Sam’s bag?  
S: It’s green.  
B. 听课文录音,重复句子  教师带读句子Whose bag is that?  
Let’s go and ask him.  简单操练:Whose bag is that?中的bag替换为课前散落在窗台上、讲台上、学生座位上的文具,教师示范一个问句后,其余的由学生来完成。  教师解释Let’s go and ask him.,首先教师用手势表示come,然后再表示go,帮助学生理解新词汇go的意思,并领唱世界杯主题曲中Go, go, go部分,加深学生对这个单词的记忆。Ask一词平时在教学中经常用到,如果有的学生还是不明白就直接告诉他们中文。  两人练习:Is it his bag? No. (教师板书句子)  C. 再听课文录音一遍  D. 打开书认读课文  E. 听课文录音,学生跟读  F. 小组合作表演对话  3.
词汇教学  A. 教师对两名学生说:… and…,come to the front, please. Write down the word “go”, please. 被叫到的两名学生到黑板上书写单词go,书写完毕,教师指着板书中的单词评价:… and … are very good. They can write the word correctly. 两人带领大家一起拼读单词go。  B. 接着教师板书单词and,并示范性地说几个带有and的短句,帮助学生理解。然后简单带读两遍。  三、新语言项目操练与操练方法  1.问答练习 [出示Let’s practise中的图片,如有条件可以带一些实物,更吸引学生注意力]  
T: What’s this?  
S: It’s cap. [出示cap]  
T: Is it your cap?  
S: No, it isn’t.  
T: Whose cap is it?  
S: It’s his cap.  2.
情景对话:根据课文内容,将课文中的bag替换成Let’s practise中的词汇或学过的其他词汇。  3.
兴趣活动  A. 做游戏:四至五人一组,蒙上一个学生的眼睛,其他人将自己的文具集中放在一起,然后让被蒙上眼睛的学生回答问题猜文具是谁的,如:Whose pen is it? Whose pencil is that?。如猜不对,可以指实物问:Is it his pencil? 其余学生给与回答。  B.准备好每人自制的字母卡片,四人为一小组。教师念课文中的一句话,看哪个小组能用最短的时间用字母卡片将句子拼完整。建议教师用:Let’s go and ask him. Is it his bag? Whose bag is that?  四、练一练  听音连线 [配套课堂练习册]  五、作业:朗读并抄写本课课堂练习中的单词和句子  六、 板书设计:LESSON
THIRTY_THREE  Is it his bag?
and猜猜看小组活动的探究活动  形式:小组活动  名称:猜猜他/她是做什么的  准备:每人带一张亲属的照片,课前交给教师。  操作:  教师将收上来的照片发给每组四张,组内先轮换做问答练习。  换组发放,如发给第二组的学生第一组带来的照片,再次做问答练习。  建议:在兴趣活动中运用此项练习。
《英语教案-Unit 6 Is she a student?第三课时》出自:教务在线
Lesson 31教案示例  课题:Lesson 31  重点:句型Is she a student? Yes, she is.  词汇 middle  词组 middle school  难点:发音 She works in a middle school.  
Who’s that young man?  理解 She works in a middle school.  过程:  一、热身/复习   1. 师生相互问好   2. 师生共唱英文歌曲Where is Peter? [使用配套录音磁带]   3. 师生情景对话1:  Is everybody here?   Yes, everybody is here./No. … isn’t here.  Is she/he at school? No, she’s/he’s at home.  4. 师生情景对话2:[出示人物Zhou Min的图片] Who’s she? She’s Zhou Min.  Is she a student? Yes, she is.  What school is she in? She’s in a middle school.  She’s tall, yes? Yes.  学生之间就Zhou Min的图片进行问答,教师可以不限制问答的内容,鼓励学生创新。   5. 复习Is she /he…? Yes, she/he is.[出示人物图片出示人物图片Miss Wu、Li Yan、Joe、Kate]  教师手指一张图片提问学生:Is she a girl? Yes, she is.  
Is she a student? Yes, she is.  
Is she Kate? Yes, she is.  
Is she tall? No, she isn’t.  学生两人一组对其他图片的内容进行问答,问答可以仿照教师的示范,也可以在示范的基础上进行补充。  Guessing game:教师事先将每位学生的名字分别写在小纸条上,叠好打乱顺序后请一位学生到前面随意抽取一张,待这位学生知道要猜的是谁时,请班内其他同学提问有关问题,以寻求答案。讲台前的学生按照实际情况予以回答。
  二、介绍新语言项目与教学方法   1. 小组对话[出示第31课主题图]  A. 教师对图中内容做提示:Who are in the picture?  
What are the girls talking about?  
Is this girl a student?  B. 自愿结合小组根据图中内容准备对话  C. 小组表演3~4组(有个别小组的对话可能与书中的课文内容一样,教师也不要批评。如有的小组自遍了新内容,教师应该及时鼓励表扬,并适当做纪录,也为自己的教学做积累。)   2. 听课文对话录音两遍,回答教师提问,强调课文中的重、难点句子[配套教材录音]  Q:Who’s that girl?  
Is B’s friend a student?  
Where do she work?  A:She’s B’s friend.  
No, she isn’t.  
She works in a middle school.  教师再次出示人物Zhou Min的图片,建议教师在此时可以利用这张图片对work一词做适当解释,如:This is Zhou Min. She is a student. She is a middle school student. And B’s friend is in middle school, too. But she is not a student. She’s teacher. She’s an English teacher. She works in a middle school. 如学生还不能清楚地明白,可以直接告诉学生work表示“工作”的意思,不必耽搁很长时间。然后带读She works in a middle school.   3. 全班一起跟读课文对话[配套录音]   4. 分组分句跟读[配套录音]  教师强调:She works in a middle school.  出示两张带有学校校名的照片,教师说:“Look, this is our school. It’s a primary school. That’s not my school. It’s a middle school. Zhou Min is a middle school student.”  教师带读:middle school   
She works in a middle school.   5. 重点语言项目操练[出示配套Let’s practise中的图片]   A. 教师依次出示图片teacher、worker、doctor、nurse,先请会说这些词汇的学生站起来给大家说一说做个示范,发音准确的学生还可以被聘为小老师,负责到讲台前传授单词的发音及含义,没有提及的词汇如worker,教师可以先说:She’s a worker. 并重复两至三遍,给学生深刻的印象后,再问学生:Is she a teacher?学生回答:No, she isn’t. She’s a worker.以此来巩固词汇worker。   B. 教师板书Is she…? ,并用手试示意学生根据此线索对图片中的人物进行提问。学生之间问答:Is she …? Yes, she
she isn’t.随着学生答案的出现,教师板书答案。   6. 课文对话表演  
在学生表演之前,再放课文录音一遍  
同桌结合小组表演对话  三、新知识巩固操练与教学方法   1. 展示自编对话 [需要教师事先让学生准备好家庭成员的照片]   此对话内容可以部要求学生组织的语言材料太多,不必给学生过多的准备时间,练习的重点主要还是在问答上。   2. 对话表演 [需要教师事先让学生准备好与Let’s practise中人物有关的道具,最好每小组准备一份、教师在提供有关职业的照片,如:salesgirl、waitress、cook]   学生根据图片内容自遍对话   3. 游戏:让几名学生分别扮演teacher、doctor、driver、nurse、worker、student、man、woman等。每一次让三名扮演的学生站到黑板前,让他们先做自我介绍,然后找一名学生到讲台前来,指着这三位学生问全班学生:Is she a student?等等,学生们给与肯定或否定答案。  四、练一练  
听音、打勾或划叉 [配套课堂练习册]  五、作业:朗读并抄写本课课堂练习中的单词和句子六、板书设计:LESSON
THIRTY-ONE          Is she…? Yes, she is.          No, she isn’t.  教案点评:  本课的语言项目Is she a student? Yes, she is. 表示询问她是谁及其回答的日常交际用语。教师和学生一起对话进行热身复习。让学生听课文、跟读课文、分组读课文、表演课文。由浅入深,灵活掌握课文对话内容。然后,通过展示自编对话、对话表演、做游戏来巩固所学新知。寓教于乐,让学生自然产生对学英语的兴趣。
《英语教案-Unit 6 Is she a student?第一课时》出自:教务在线
Lesson 29教案示例  课题:Unit 5
Lesson 29  重点:句子:Where’s his homer?  词汇:ill, see.  难点:教师对新句的导入和学生对整体对话内容的把握。  教学过程(  一、 热身活动   A.Tongue twister:全班齐说第28课兴趣活动中的绕口令。   B.快速回答:教师借助自己讲桌或学生课桌上的实物或图片,在学生座位空档中走动,边说边向自己面前的学生提问,要求学生较快地给以回答。提的问馊纾?/P>    Is this my / your pen? Is it black? Is it an English pen? Is it a Japanese pen? Is it a Chinese pen? Where is your/ my pen? It is over there? What colour is it? 等,可以提问前几课所学过的内容。   2.复习第28课的会话,可以师生会话地可以做两人小组活动,同桌两人问答。  二、介绍新语言项目与教学方法   1.句型教学  课前准备工作:师生准备一些文具实物。  本课四会掌握的句型有Where is his home? 教学方法建议如下:   A.实物问答:教师可以手指实物说:This is my pen. That’s your pen. Where’s his pen? 使同学懂得Where’s his…?的意思和句子的音调。并在此基础上,教师借助实物连续问答:教师Where’s his pen? 学生:Its on the desk。 教师:It’s near the book. 教师:Wheres his pencil?学生:It’s in the pencil-box。教师:Its near the ruler. 然后转题,教师:Where’s his home? 自答:Its near the school. It’s not far. 教学本课句型,同时为会话教学铺路。   B.问答练习:重点练习问题Where is his home? 可以做小组问答,也可以做连锁练习。  学生A问B,B答后再问C,C答后再问D,以此类推。   C.替换练寻:做Lets practise一项中的替换练习。方法同前一课。   D.书写句子的方法和步骤同前。   2.词汇教学  课前准备工作:一男学生生病在家卧床休息的图片一张。  本课四会掌握的单词有ill和see,教学方法建议如下:   A.看图学词:教师手持男学生生病在家卧床休息的图片问学生:Whos that in the picture? 学生可以任意回答姓名。教师:Is he at schoo1? 学生:No。 Hes at home。 教师:Yes. He is ill. He’s at home. Lets go and see him. 教师借助图片和自己的动作讲解ill和see的词义。并带读几遍,同时给学生纠音。使学生掌握这两个单词的发音和词义以及在句子中的读法。   B.拼读与书写单词,方法与步骤同前   3.会话教学   A.听会话录音:看图听录音,即看着书中会话的图画,听录音。方法同前。   B.师生会话。可以教师问,学生集体回答,然后学生集体问,教师回答。   C.Pairwork. 同桌两人会话练习。   D.表演会话:找两名同学到讲台上表演会话。  三、兴趣活动  拼拼看游戏:教师在黑板上写句子,如:Where is his home? 学生同桌两人用字母卡片的大写字母试拼单词和完成句子。边手拼边拼读。  四、课堂练习与家庭作业   1.听音写字母  录音内容:  box→fox see→bee, bag→bat  bike→like class→glass how→now  cake→lake pig→big boy→toy  boat→goat park→dark may→way  根据录音顺序,写出相应单词中所缺的句子。  2.读和写  朗读并抄写本课课堂练习中的单词和句子。 五、板书设计:   教案点评:  引入新课时,教师可以用已学的句型Where is ...? 让学生自发的问问题。然后,教师再询问学生的家庭住址Where is your home? 自然过渡到Where is his home? 新句。 再进行单独的词汇、句型操练。最后做一做拼拼看游戏:教师在黑板上写句子,如:Where is his home? 学生同桌两人用字母卡片的大写字母试拼单词和完成句子。情景会话的探究活动  形式:小组活动  目的:帮助学生熟练掌握、并在一定情景中会用26课的语言项目  做法:将教学过程(中所用的图片进行复制,发放给每组一套,小组中的一个学生问: Where is ...? 并将问题中涉及到的人物放置到一个地点图片上,请另外一个学生回答。  (也可表述为:... is in the park.请另一个学生摆好图片。)
《英语教案-Unit 5 Where is he?第五课》出自:教务在线
Lesson 28教案示例  课题:Unit 5
Lesson 28  重点:句子:Where’s my
car?  词汇:black, white  难点:教师对新句的导入和学生对整体对话内容的把握。  教学过程(  一、复习/热身  1.热身活动:  唱歌:全班齐唱Where is Peter? / Color Song / Number Song.
  2.复习第27课会话:找3名学生表演本课会话。  二、介绍新语言项目与教学方法:  1.词汇教学  课前准备工作:大图片两张、图中分别为白色日本小轿车和黑色英国小轿车或两个玩具小汽车。  A.看图说话:教师将已准备好的两张小轿车图片挂在黑板上或实物模型给学生看,让学生试着描述,帮助、启发学生运用所学过的英语句子,如This is my/his/her car. 等。  B.借助图片或实物教学生词white和black.如,This is my car. It’s white. That’s not my car. It’s black. 同时带读这两个词的发音。  C.借助实物检查学生对生词white和black发音及词义的掌握落实情况。可指实物如:墙This is white.粉笔This is white.黑板That’s black.黑钢笔杆That’s black.等。  D.拼读和书写单词、方法与步骤同前。  2.句型教学:  本课要求掌握的四会句型有Where’s my/your car?教学方法建议如下:  课前准备工作:图片两张,一张风筝在空中,一辆自行车在树下;让学生带玩具小汽车;教师准备一些实物如文具pen,pencil,ruler,pencil-box 等。  A.利用学过的单词教学新句型Where’s my/your…?教师手指已准备好的有关实物和图片可自问自答:This is my pen. It’s black. It’s on the desk. Where’s my pen? It’s on the desk.使学生明白Where’s my/your…?的意思。  B.问答练习:教师手指实物或图片中的物品,说:This is my/your…全班学生齐问:Where’s your/my…?教师根据实际情况给予回答。  C.替换练习:做Let’s practise中的替换练习。既可以做机械的替换练习也可以借助图片回答。可以先全班做然后分组做。  D.Pairwork:两桌两人借助自己桌上的实物,进行实际回答。如Where’s your book? It’s on the desk. Where’s my pen? It’s in the pencil-box.等。  3.会话教学:  A.排除难点:借助图片或母语使学生了解English, Japanese及number的词义,同时听懂会说其发音。  教师可手指小轿车的图片描述。This is my car. It’s white. It’s Japanese car.重复3遍Japanese,同时可画一面日本国旗。My car number is 078912. 手指车牌号,同时带读number3遍。然后,手指另一图片,以同样方法教学English一词,但要用That’s your car. It’s black. It’s an English car.等。  B.看图回答:教师提问,学生集体回答,对话如下:  T:(手指黑色轿车图片)Is that my car?  Ss: No.  T: Where is my car?  Ss: (指另一图)Over there.  T: Is it an English car?  Ss: No. It’s a Japanese car.  T: Is it black?  Ss: No. It’s white.  T: What’s the car number?  Ss: It’s 078912.  T: Yes. Right, My car is white. That is my car. Thank you very much.  C.听会话录音,方法同前。  D.全班分成两大组,会话练习。  E.Pairwork如果时间允许,可同桌两人会话。  三、兴趣活动:绕口令,方法建议如下:  1.教师示范:教师借助实物或图片边讲边说。  2.学生模仿:教师说一句学生模仿一句再带领学生一起说。  3.Pairwork:同桌两人同时说。  4.Chain exercise:全班学生每人两句,依次不停顿地快速说,做链锁练习。  四、课堂练习与家庭作业  1.听音连线  录音内容:  1 A: Excuse my. Where’s my toy car?   B: Oh, it’s over there, under the bed.   2 A: Where’s my cap?   B: It’ in the desk.  3 A: Where’s my apple?   B: It’s on the table.  4 A: Where’s my ruler?   B: It’s in the pencil-box.  5 A: Where’s my toy bus?   B: It’s in the bag.  6 A: Where’s my book?   B: It’s on the desk.  7 A: Hi! Where’s my bag?   B: It’s on the chair.  根据录音内容,将每幅图与相应的短语连接起来。  2.读和写  朗读并抄写本课课堂练习中的单词和句子。 五、板书设计   教案点评:  教师可以通过唱歌,游戏的方式来带领学生回忆起已经学过的知识。分词汇教学、句型教学、会话教学三步进行新知识的学习。期间,可通过看图说话、问答练习、做游戏、替换练习、排除难点、听音连线等小活动连接起来,既寓教于乐,又操练了语言项目。
《英语教案-Unit 5 Where is he?第四课时》出自:教务在线
Lesson4教案示例   【课题】Unit 1
What are these?
Lesson 4 New Stamps  【教学重点】  1、使用指示代词“这些”“那些”,表达复数物品。  2、课文的理解与认读,以及围绕主句型的问答练习。  3、拼写朗读单词have、like,以及These are Chinese/English/American/stamps.句子的认读和运用。  【教学难点】  1、stamps发音比较困难,“-mps”有闭唇,吐音的现象,教师要注意引导纠正,不要吞音。  2、恰当地使用一些形容词修饰名词  【教具准备】  1、教学资源:音频课文和视频课文。  2、教师为学生准备一张新邮票和几张旧邮票  3、单词卡片。  【教学过程(  一 Warm-up/Revision  1、师生问候,进行日常口语会话活动。  2、教师播放歌曲《Head,shoulders,knees and toes 》, 和学生一起演唱,边唱边做动作。  二 Presentation  1、Guessing game教师将一张邮票握在手中让学生猜。What’s this? It’s a…。引出单词stamp在适时引导学生摸仿学习stamp之后,教师又拿出一个已装有几张邮票的小盒,晃一晃让学生感受到盒里不只有一件东西。教师又问What are these? 引导学生说出These are stamps。并反复练习。  2、教师将一张邮票和盒中的几张邮票分别放在手中,引导学生描述This is a stamp. These are stamps. This is a new stamp. These are old stamps. These are Chinese stamps.  3、教师从陈列的邮票中选出一张,借助体态语表达出I like Chinese stamps. 在学生初步理解后问学生And you? 引导出对Me too.的学习。  4、教师播放资源中的视频部分,指导学生仔细观看后,引导学生回答下列问题:  ①Are Peter’s stamps new?  ②Are Peter’s stamps beautiful?  ③Are Peter’s stamps Japanese?  根据学生回答情况,教师自己选择再看录像的遍数。  5、教师播放资源中的课文跟读课件,学生跟读,教师注意及时引导纠正发音。  学生两人一组操练对话。  请学生到前面表演,教师和学生一起互相评价。  6、教师出示have,like,these,those,Chinese,stamps的单词卡片,让学生拼读单词。  三 Practice  1、悄悄话。教师将These are hens/pens. Those are pencils/apples.等句子悄悄地告诉每组的第一个学生。每组告诉一句,当教师说开始后,同时间后传,看哪组传得又快又准确。  2、教师将画有Let’s practise中物品图的一张放在面前,另一张放在较远处,引导学生,看图说话。These are ……Those are ……。  四 Add activities  教师为学生提供一些不同国家生产的物品。如Chinese bags, American books, Japanese pencils(或画出相应的图片陈列),引导学生描述这些物品,并用上I like……表达个人喜好。如:These are American ships. These are Chinese ships. I like Chinese ships.  五 Workbook and homework  
1 听录音圈答案  
2 听音标号  
3 Read and copy.  
4 仿照例子造句。  
第一、二题可在课堂上完成,后两题作为家庭作业由学生回家完成。【板书设计】
《英语教案-Unit 1 What are these?-lesson 4》出自:教务在线
重点:熟练掌握句型Howmanyhelliphelliparethere的用法并能在实践中运用。难点:理解Letrsquostalk中句子的含义,并能进行初...
重点:熟练掌握四个单词的拼写。难点:单词的正确拼、读、写。教具准备:1、本课生词的单词卡片2.配套的教学课件Unit4BLetrsquoslearn3、相配套的教学录音带4
Lesson35【课题】Lesson35【重点】1简单介绍自己以及家庭成员。2公共场所使用的一些日常用语。【难点】1介词词组的正确使用。2日常用语的适时应用...
Lesson36教案示例课题:Unit6Lesson36重点:Checkpoint6中的Usefulexpressions本单元要求四会掌握的10个单词:middle
Unit6ourfashionshowTeachingaimsmasterthenewwordsandthedrillsTeachingstepsIGreeting
看过 英语教案-Unit 6 Is she a stude 的人还看过
Powered by人教版高中高一英语下册全册教案下载 2(还有1,3哦)
我的图书馆
人教版高中高一英语下册全册教案下载 2(还有1,3哦)
Period 5& 第五节
(一)明确目标1. Do some listening to improve the students listening ability.
2. Making simple dialogues to train the students speaking ability.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationToday we come to the Workbook and do the listening comprehension and also do some talking practice.
(三)过程
Step 2 Listening comprehension
LISTENING TEXT
London has many museums. The British Museum is the oldest public museum in the world. It has a famous li&brary where many great writers and scientists studied and wrote their books. The museum is opened daily from 10:00 o'clock in the morning till 5:30 in the afternoon, and until 8:30 on Thursdays and Fridays. It is closed from 24 to 26 December, 1 January and Good Friday every year. The British Museum is free to all visitors.
If you are interested in nature and natural disasters, you can visit the Natural History Museum. The museum shows information about the animal world and our en&vironment. You can go to the Earthquake Experience, and feel what it is like to be in an earthquake. In another part of the museum you can learn about the story of our planet. You can hear the roar of a dinosaur, see their eggs and bones and learn more about the development of life on earth. The museum is open every day, includ&ing Sundays, but is closed on 24-25 December. On week&days the opening hours are from 10 am till 5:30pm, while on Sundays the museum opens at eleven. Tickets are free.
If you are more interested in science, you may want to visit the Science Museum. Here you will find all about science. You can see the first aeroplanes. They also have the American space capsule that made the first flight around the moon. Tickets for the Science Museum are now free for everyone! The Science Museum is open seven days a week, from 10:00 to 18:00. The museum is closed from 24 to 26 December.
Answers to Exercise 1:
1 The British Museum is very famous because it is the oldest public museum in the world and has a library where many great writers and scientists wrote their books.
2 The Natural History Museum is a museum about nature and the environment.
4 In the Science Museum you can see the first aeroplanes and the American space capsule that made the first flight around the moon.
Answers to Exercise 2:
The opening hours of the museums during the weekend are as follows. (BM = British Museum; NM = Natural History Museum; SM = Science Museum.
Answers to Exercise 3:
Step 3 Talking practice
You are in a thunderstorm
Physics experiment
Hiking t rip
Chemistry experiment
Step 4 Sample talking
Step 5 Summary 小结
Step 7 Homework
Period 6& 第六节
(一)明确目标1. Discuss all the answers to the exercises in the Workbook.2. Learn to use the grammar knowledge
3. Further develop the students’ writing skills.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationIn the class &
(三)过程Step 2 VocabularyAnswers to Exercise 1:
1 wheelchair&& 2 storeroom 3 framework 4 drugstore& 5 key ring
Answers to Exercise 2:
1 economy& 2 comfortable& 3 electric&& 4 fasten&&&&&& 5 conclusion& 6 conduct& 7 activities
Answers to Exercise 3:
1 Franklin's kite experiment showed that lightning and electricity are the same.
2 Some people think that the threat that nuclear energy forms to the environment weighs much more than the good it does for society.
3 A light electric shock does no harm to the human body, but a strong one can kill.
4 There was a great deal of talk about the scientist's family life.
5 How can you prove that you didn't do it?
6 The wheel, one of the earliest inventions, still plays an important role in human activities.
7 Linda was so angry that she tore the letter into pieces and threw them into the dustbin.
8 British law says that every new drug must be tested on at least two different kinds of animals.
Step 3 GrammarAnswers to Exercise 1:
Answers to Exercise 2:
I undersea _ seafood
2 wheelchair _ chairman _ man-made
3 high school _ schoolboy _ boyfriend _ friend&ship
4 homework _ workbook _ bookshop _ shop win&dow _ window shopping
5 greenhouse _ housework _ workday _ daytime –timetable-- tabletennis
Answers to Exercise 3:
Albert Einstein, the greatest scientist of the 20th cen&tury, ( ) famous for his Theory of Relativity (). He was born in German, but he took the American na&tionality. He began to study in Switzerland when he was seventeen. He takes a doctor's degree and later won the Nobel Prize for Physics. In 1933, he and his family left Europe to the USA. He worked at a university as a Pro&fessor of Physics. However he was very famous, he lived a simple life. He took no interest to money. He often gave lectures for free. All through his life he liked not only physics, but also music. It ( ) said that in music he found the peace that were missing from a world full of war and killing.
1 is& 2 Germany& 3 took& 4 for& 5 Although& 6in&& 7 is / was& 8 was
Step 4 Integrating skillsWe have learnt how to give advice. Now let’s try to write letters giving advice. Here in our textbook there are letters asking for some advice. Read them quickly, then write down four pieces of advice for each of them using "had better (not) , "ought (not) to or should (not) .
Many students like having snacks. Is the habit good or bad? Let s read “Snacks".
Step 5 Listening to the Passage
Step 6 Reading comprehension
After fast reading, do the following True-or-False exercises.
Answers to the questions:
1 Brown ink is a mix of different colours of ink. When separating these colours, they suddenly come out. When we could not see them, it seems as they were "hidden colours".
2 The colour green is made by mixing yellow and blue. The colour orange is made by mixing red and yel&low. The colour purple is made by mixing red and blue.
3 The water should not touch the ink dot because then the ink would get into the water, and the results of the experiment would not be clear.
4 If the experiment does not work, and the ink does not "travel" up the paper strip then there can be two reasons:
1 The ink from the markers does not go up with the water. (The ink is not water soluble). '
2 The paper is not good for this experiment (The paper either does not let the water through or lets the water through too fast.)
5 The police can use this technique by separating liquids such as blood or urine to check whether they contain drugs or poison.
Step 7 Sample writng
(四)总结扩展
Step 5 Summary
Have we ever tiled to make snacks or seen our mother make snacks. Let’s try to write the recipe for your favorite dish. Before writing, you should read Tips first.
4. Workbook1&He was born in Germany, but later took on the American nationality.& take on& []1. ; 2.
3.;& []The insect can take on the color of its surroundings.&&&&&&& &&&&&&& He is unwilling to take on heavy responsibilities.&&&&&&& 2&The following simple experiment is used to separate different liquids.& separate& [] unit 3& is used to separate& []..., unit 113&It is the technique that can be used by the police to find out whether people have used drugs or not.& It is the technique that...& [], unit 2; unit 6& the police& [],,.
Step 7 Homework
Period 7& 第七节
高一第十七单元
Great Women
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I. Teaching aims and demands 教学目标和要求:
1.Topics 话题
& 1&Taling about great women
2.Function: 交际功能& &&
Describing people& She seems to be the king od woman who...& The impression she makes on me is...& I think she is the kind of person who...& She could be...&&&&&&&&&&&& She looks as if...& She might be...&&&&&&&&&&&& You can see that...& People like her...&&&&&&&&& She doesn't seem...
3.Vocabulary 重点词汇和短语
& graduation& come to terms with
4.Grammar:语法
(Subject-Verb Agreement)&
II. Difficult points
III. Main teaching aids教具:A tape- Multimedia, projector, role cards
Ⅳ. Main teaching methods 教法:
1. The interaction between the teacher and the students, and among the Attention to the students’ listening, speaking, and so on.
2. Listening-and–answering activity to help the students go through with the listening material.
3. Use both individual work and group or pair work to make every student work and think in class
V. Teaching procedure:
(一)明确目标 
1. Warming up to arouse the students love in talking. Learn how to describe people in English.
2. Do some listening to improve the students listening ability.
3. Making simple dialogues to train the students speaking ability.
(二) 整体感知
Step 1 Presentation
&People often admired great persons, especially great women. Why? It has often said that life is difficult as it is. For women it sometimes twice as difficult. That is, it is more difficult t for women to become famous or get jobs in high positions. What do you think?
(三)过程
Step 2 Warming up
&1. Ask the students to look at the pictures of the four great women and tell who they are?
2. Divide the students into small groups to discuss the questions given.
Show the students pictures on the text. Ask some questions about those women, or give some clues for them to guess who they are.
Note: Song Qingling () married Dr Sun Zhongshan in 1915. she was the vice-president of the People’s Republic for many years. She busied herself with various welfare activities, ranging from heading the Women’s Federation to a number of committees involving children.
Maria Curie () was born in Poland, moved to Paris and studied chemistry and physics there. She married Pierre Curie and together they studied radio-active materials and discovered radium. In 1911 she received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Her death in 1934 was almost certainly due to radiation in her work.
Pearl S. Buck () was born in the USA but grew up in Zhejiang Province after her parents moved to China in 1895. she first learnt Chinese and was later taught English. From 1910 to 1914 she studied in America and then returned to China. In 1931 she wrote her best-known novel, The Good Earth. She won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1938.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta () was a world-famous Catholic nun. For more than 30 years she took care of people who were often mentally or physically disabled. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979. In 2003, she was honoured with the name of Blessed Teresa.
Sample answer to Question 2:
Of the four women, I admire Song Qingling most. She is one of the greatest women of China. At that time, it wasn't normal that women could get a good education. I think Song Qingling was a woman with a very strong will. She always worked for her ideas that the power must go to the people. She was very brave. In the early 1920s she escaped from Guangzhou and in later years she did many dangerous things helping the communists win the war. As a woman, she had a number of impor&tant positions. She was already a minister in the gov&ernment of the first republic. Later she was the vice presi&dent of the People's Republic of China. She always had the good of the people in mind and opened her heart for many simple people. I think we can learn a lot from Song Qingling.
Instructions for Question 3:
In a discussion of this statement, students will bring for&ward any number of arguments along the following lines:
1 In the past it was unusual for women to get the chance to go to school. After high school, very few women could go on to university. It is a good thing that this has now changed.
2 Society expects different things from men and women. People also have different ideas about the things that men are good at and women are good at. As a result, it is more difficult for women to get jobs in high positions. For example, many people think that:
A Men should get a job and make money for the fam& women should stay at home and take care of the children and the house.
B Men are str women are weak& and cannot be leaders.
C Families give boys better opportunities to study than girls. .
D Companies prefer to give more good jobs to men than to women.
E In companies men usually get more money than women, even when they do the same job.
F Some people think women can do some jobs very well (e.g. in schools, hospitals etc) but other jobs not.
Sample answer to Question 3:
I think it is true that it is more difficult for women to get jobs in high positions than it is for men. Look how few women have jobs as leaders and managers. It is not be&cause women are less intelligent, but because men al&ways choose other men. They don't look at the qualities of women, they just prefer to give the job to a man.
Step 3 Listening comprehension
Now let s have some listening training.
&1. Listen to the tape and fill in the form.
2. Listen to the tape again and do true-or-false exercises.
LISTENIN G TEXT
In the dialogue, L = Lucy, A = Alice
L: Hi Alice, what are you doing?
A: I am looking at some old school photographs. L: Can I have a look? When was this photo taken?
A: That photo was taken more than seven years ago. L: Who's that smart girl?
A: That's Lily. At first I didn't like her because I thought that she was too serious. She always had high marks for maths. One day, I found out that she was very friendly and helpful. Then we became good friends.
L: What has become of her?
A: I heard she went back to Sichuan and now she is a teacher in a small town.
L: Who were the other girls you used to be friends with?
A: Er...Rose, Jane and Sandra. Rose used to be quite fat. She used to sing very well. Everybody liked her because she was loyal and very honest. I see her quite often. We're still the best of friends. She's married and has a lovely daughter.
L: Hm. I think you told me about her and the fights she used to have with other girls. Who's that girl over there. Isn't she the girl that Rose hated? Weren't they always fighting?
A: That girl? No, you've got it all mixed up! Sandra and Lily were like fire and water. This here is Jane. She and Rose could get along alright. Jane has al&ways been very quiet, warm and kind. I always thought she wanted to become a painter, just what you would expect from such a gentle person. But now she works in a department store in Dalian.
L: I see. And who is the pretty girl there?
A: Now that is Sandra. She has changed a lot. It isn't true to say that she was lazy as a student, but she did not do too much if she could help it. She was also always in trouble. But now she's a strong and hard&working woman. She has her own company, together with a friend of hers.
Answers to Part 1 :
Answers to Part 2:
1 serious&& 2 fire, water&& 3 get along&& 4 has changed, company, friend
Step 4 Speaking practice
&Look at the pictures and tell what kind of people they are by using the words and useful expressions given.
Photo 1: There is a woman in an office. She's about middle-aged and _essed in a gray jacket. She's talking on the phone. She is holding a pen in her right hand to write down some information from the phone call. The desk she is working at is perhaps a reception desk. There's a pile of papers on her left. There's also a bag with sunflower seeds. There's an empty chair beside her with what looks like a computer. There are some plants on the window sill. The woman seems to be a hard&working person. You can see that she's very careful, because she is listening attentively, and has a pen and writing pad ready to make notes. I don't think people like her are unfriendly, but she may be a bit cold. She could be a manager or an office worker.
Photo 2: There's a girl using a mobile phone. She's wear&ing a red jacket. I can't see her face very well. From the way she's dressed, I think she's perhaps a cheerful and friendly person. She might be a student.
Photo 3: In Photo 3, there's a mother feeding her baby. The baby is sitting in a special chair. The impression that she makes on me is that of a woman who is friendly, caring and warm.
Read the sample dialogue in the book and make sure the students understand the game. Ask the students to practise the game in groups of four or five students. You can later practise the game with the class as a whole. The student or group that need the lowest number of . questions wins.
(四)总结扩展Step 5 Necessary language pointsToday we ve done some listening and speaking, and learn how to give advice and some everyday English used between doctors and patients.&
Listening and speaking听说要点&1&Do you know a woman who really inspires you?& inspire& []vt.1. ,,(+to)& 2. ...,... &&&&&&&&&& 3. ,(,)(+in/with)& []His speech inspired us to try again.&&&&&&& 2&It has often been said that life is difficult as it is.& as it is& []‘’& []I thought things would get better, but as it is they are getting worse.&&&&&&& 3&What has become of her?& become of& [],...& []What will become of the children now the parents are dead?4&The impression she makes on me is ...& impression& []n.[C]
& []I had a very good impression of him. &&&&&&& &&&&&&& What are your impressions after reading the book? &&&&&&&
Step 6 Summary小结:
Step 7 Homework
Period 2第二节
(一)明确目标1. Develop the students reading ability, especially their reading comprehension.
2. Read the reading passage and know about the great woman Helen Thayer.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationToday we come to the Reading. It is freezing cold in the North Pole and the South Pole. Few people, in the world have ever been there. However, there was a brave woman who had traveled alone to the North Pole and the South Pole. Do you know who she was? Right, Helen Thayer. She was the first woman who traveled alone there. Today we are going to read about the great woman the great woman, Helen Thayer.
(三)过程
Step 2 Pre-reading discussionsSuggested answers:
Question 1: A warm coat, gloves, a cap, wool pants, long underwear, boots, dark sunglasses, rope, a back&pack, skis or snowshoes, a tent, sled, a radio transmit&ter, a cellphone, dried food, compass, maps, a sleeping, bag, a small stove, matches, cooking fuel, an ice pick, flags, etc. All of these items are needed to keep warn, to provide shelter and food, to give directions, and to explore safely on snow and ice. What does not need to be brought? (Drinking water)
Question 2: Countries that are part of the North Pole: Norway, Sweden, Russia, Finland, US, Canada, Greenland (which is part of Denmark).
Countries that are part of the South Pole: Chile, Argen&tina, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand
Question 3: Some animals that live on the North Pole: polar bear, wolf, snow fox, seal, walrus, reindeer, moose, killer whales
Some animals that live on the South Pole: penguin, seal, walrus, whales,
Step 3 ReadingRead the text carefully again, and give the students some explanations. First show the students some pictures of Antarctica in order to arouse the student’s interest there.
Then ask some questions about the lonely continent.
1. Imaging if you are traveling alone to the South Pole. What will you take with you? Why?
2. Can you name out some typical animals or plants there?
3. tell out the animals on the picture which animals live on the North Pole? And which on the South Pole?
Step 3 Reading
Students read the text fast to find the answer to the questions in the part --- Post-Reading.
The answers are: 1. B& 2. B& 3. B& 4. D& 5. C
Step 4 Listening to the reading passage&&& Play the tape for the students to listen and follow. Pay attention to the pro- nunciation and intonation.
Step 5 Post-readingAnswers to Exercise 1:
1B& 2B& 3B& 4D& 5C
Sample answer to Exercise 2:
Helen Thayer is a special woman. To go on such diffi&cult and dangerous journeys at her age proves that Helen Thayer has a very strong will. She enjoys great chal&lenges. She is brave and very active. She also knows that the people in her life, such as her family, are more important than her personal achievement.
Answer to Exercise 3:
If students express their admiration for Helen Thayer, they could use words and phrases such as: I think Helen Thayer is a brave woman. It is unusual for women of her age to do things like that. The description of the terrible weather conditions and the way she deals with her accidents show that Helen Thayer is a very strong woman. She has the power to go on even when the cir&cumstances or conditions are very hard (perseverance and endurance). She is a responsible person. She dem&onstrates this by her good decision to stop and not risk her life after her accident. The description of her jour&ney also shows that she is an honest woman.
(四)总结扩展
Step 6 Summary 小结
Step 7 Homework
Period 3第三节
(一)明确目标1. Learn about the useful words and expression in the reading text.
2. Learn how to use Subject-Verb Agreement”, especially about the collective nouns.
3. Discuss the answers to all the exercises in the Students’ Book.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationIn this class we’ll first go through the text and learn to use some language points. And then we’ll discuss the exercises together with each other.
(三)过程
Step 2 Language points in the reading text
1&Another journey of challenge and danger was about to begin.& challenge& []& be about to& []() & []2&But changes were just around the corner.& around the corner& []3&I found myself spending a whole day on the tent.& find oneself ...& []...& []Then I found myself surrounded by half a dozen boys.&&&&&&& &&&&&&& Dick found himself walking in the direction of Mike's place.&&&&&&& DickMike4&I had travelled only two hours one day when the winds increased so much that I had to put my tent up before the winds became too strong.&
&had done...when...& []... & []I had hardly opened the door when the dog barked.&&&&&&& &&&&&&& The students hadn't played football long when the bell rang.&&&&&&& & increase& & []n./v. & & []His fear increased at every step. &&&&&
&&&&&&& He increased in knowledge with the increase of age. &&&&
&&&&&&& a steady increase in population &&&&&
&&&&&&& an (the)increase of warmth &&&&&
& put up& [](1)
&&&&&&& (2)
& []Put your hands up. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& They put up a new house here. &&&&&&&
5&Within a few minutes the winds increased to a howling storm that threatened to blow me away.& threaten& []vt.& []He threatened that he would make it public. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& The boss threatened to fire him. &&&&&&&
6&On November 12th the storm died down.& die down& []1. 2. 3.& []The noise had died down.&&&&&&& 7&I thawed a frozen cake over my fire, placed a candle on the top, lit it and sang 'happy birthday to me' at the top of my voice.& thaw& []vi.
& []If the sun stays out, it will probably thaw today. &&&&&&& , &&&&&&& It thaws in March here. &&&&&
& freeze& [](1)vt./vi. ( (2) v.
& []Water freezes at 0 degree &&&&&&&
&&&&&&&& The pool has frozen.&
&&&&&&& I must put a warm pullover on because I'm freezing. & at the top of one's voice& [] & []Seeing the little boy fall into the river, she shouted for help at the top of her voice. &&&&&&&
8&I was moving forward over a slope that seemed safe when suddenly my world dropped out from under my skis.& was/were doing...when...& []whenand at that time& []I was walking along the stream, when I met my teacher of English. &&&&&&&
9&I had fallen into a hole and was hanging on the ropes tied to the sled.& hang& []v. & []A lamp hangs from the ceiling. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Curtains hang at the windows. &&&&&&&
& tie...to& [] 10&I was in good health and all my equipment was working well.& in good health& []& []My uncle is in poor health. &&&&&&
&&&&&& Jean is ill -- she is not in good health. &&&&&& —— 11&I couldn't stand on my left leg and my head was woozy from hitting the ground.& stand on...& [] ... & []stang on one's head &&&&&&& stand on on leg like a cock & from& []prep.
& []The child cried from hunger. &&&&&&&
12&Lying on the ice,I would soon die.& Lying on the ice& []lyingI13&I did so without regret.& regret& []v./n. & []I didn't regret the choice I had made. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& She regretted having missed the film. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& ng spent my time in this way. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Much to my regret, I didn't go with them. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& a matter for regret &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& refuse with much regret &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& express deep regret at &&&&&&& … & []regret to do () &&&&&&& regret doing () 14&.It is an experience I shall never forget and value for the rest of my life.& value& []n. 1. 2. 3. vt. 1. 2. & []What is the value of this picture by Rubens? &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& He doesn't know the value of fresh air and sunlight. &
&&&&&&& I shall always value your friendship. & ?
Step 3 Practice: VocabularyThe answers are:& cheerful&& inspires/inspired&& mean&& miserable&& threatened&& slopes&&& optimistic&& shelter&& solo&& value
Step 4 Practice: Grammar
First introduce the content about subject-verb Agreement. Then finish the exercise in the following part.
The answers are: 1 is 2 do 3 is 4 is/are 5 is 6 have 7 has/have& 8 have/has
Check the answers to exercise 2:
1. They/We are preparing for a party.
2. Yes, they seem to enjoy themselves./ Yes, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.
3. Yes, if they finish the work today.
4. Tell them there will be a meeting this morning.
5. Tell them to phone this number.
(四)总结扩展
Step 5 Summary
Have we ever tiled to make snacks or seen our mother make snacks. Let’s try to write the recipe for your favorite dish. Before writing, you should read Tips first.
Step 6 Homework
Period 4& 第四节
(一) 明确目标 
1. Review the language points learnt last period.
2. Get the students to know about the great woman Oprah Winfrey.
3. Let the students know what is needed to e a successful man, especially a successful woman.
4. Do some writing to develop the students writing skill.
(二) 整体感知
Step 1 Presentation
At the beginning of this unit, we’re got to know about several great women, such as Song Qingling, Madame Curie, and pearl S. Back, mother Teresa and Helen Thayer. Today we are going to read about another great woman named Oprah W Oprah Winfrey is not just a very successful TV personality in the US but also a woman who has inspired millions of people.
(三)过程
Step 1 Question the students on some language points
Step 2 Integrating skillsRead the text careful and then do the writing exercises below the passage.
Step 3 Listening to the Passage
Step 4 Reading comprehension
Sample answers to Part 1:
1 Oprah Winfrey is not just a successful TV personal&ity. She has inspired millions of people through her talk shows. She helped people by giving informa&tion about difficulties that they had in their lives and talked about things that people could not or were afraid to talk about. In that way she helped people come to terms with problems that worried them or for which they could not find solutions.
2 Oprah was a bright girl at school. When she was at kindergarten she asked her teacher to let her go to the primary school earlier. At the primary school she also skipped grades. From the age of 14 she devel&oped discipline and worked hard on self-improve&ment. She followed her father's example and always listened to his advice. At high school she worked hard to be the best of all the students. In that way she won a scholarship.
3 Oprah's show is one of the most popular in history. The history of television is of course not very long. Oprah has been successful with her TV programme for more than 20 years.
Sample answers to Exercise 2:
You must first know what you want. You must set goals you want to work towards. You must find out what you are really very 'good at and what you most like to do. Then you should think about all you need to do and achieve to reach that goal. If you want to become a scientist, you must study hard and go to university. If you want to become a dancer or musician you must practise a lot. In all cases you must work hard and keep on work&ing to reach your goal. If your results are not very good or you have difficulty you must think about this care&fully. You have to go on or make a decision. Then, you must either find solutions or different ways to reach your goal. If you are lazy or waste too much time on other things, you must find ways to improve your way of life. The most difficult decision to make is when you realise that you cannot reach your goal in any possible way. Perhaps you are not good enough at it or your ambi&tions are too high. The most important thing is to be&lieve in yourself and not to give up too early.
Give the students some explanations when necessary.
Step 5 Writing
Now let s have some listening training. Learn to write a fan letter, read the tips about describing people before beginning to write.
Many people write f_ letters to people they admire. Pop singers, film stars and writers receive most fan mail, but there are also people who write fan mail to sportsmen and women or even scientists. In their letters the writers usually express their admiration. Of course, many writers of fan letters hope to receive a re&ply. Letters that look good will often get a reply, pro&vided that an international reply coupon (to cover for return postage) and an addressed return envelope were included. It may sometimes take several months before a reply is received. The biggest surprise is for the reply to contain a signed photograph or a "personal" note. We don't encourage students to do so.
Sample fan letter:
12 North Street
Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
April 2, 200&5
Dear Mrs. Rowling,
My name is Yang Qingyu. I am a 17-year-old high school student from Chengdu in China. I loved Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was great! I thought that it was very funny when the memory charm didn't work. It really puzzled me to discover to whom the bodyless voice belonged.
I always read your books three or four times. The first time I read in Chinese. And then, I read the English one. When I am finished with that, I read the Chinese again. I really love all your books. Please go on writing other Harry Potter books, because I would like to read more of Harry's adventures. Reading your books is also very good for my English.
I think you are a great writer. Your books are so full of crazy ideas and funny surprises. You must be very creative. That's great. I hope that in the future I can write such good books for children as yours, but I think I will write them in Chinese.
Your sincerely,
Yang Qingyu
(四)总结扩展Step 6 Necessary language pointsToday we ve done some listening and speaking, and learn how to give advice and some everyday English used between doctors and patients.1&Winfrey is not just a very successful TV personality in the US,she is also a woman who has inspired millions.& personality& []n.; & []Ray has a happy personality. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& The guest speaker certainly has personality. &&&&&&&
2&She has helped thousands of people come to terms with things that bother them.& come to terms with& []& []He'd finally come to terms with that company.&&&&&& & bother& []vt.1. , 2.
3. ,&&&&&&& vi.1. ,(+with/about) 2. ,(+with/about)[+to-v][+v-ing]&&&&&&& n.1. ,[U] 2. ()& []I can't bother him with my little affairs.&&&&&&& &&&&&&& The way my brother talked to mother bothered me.& 3&For her family, life seems to hold no promise.& promise& []n.& []If you make a promise, you must keep it. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Our country is full of promise. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& The girl's singing ability shows promise. &&&&&&& & []promise v. 1. && 2. …& & []He promised her some jewels for her birthday. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& He promised the boy a book if he passed the examination. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& His plan promises well. &&&&&&&
&4&Her father showed her how hard work and discipline could lead to self-improvement.& discipline& []n. 1. 2.& &&&&&&& vt. 1. 2. 3. & []The people's army keeps very good discipline.&&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Our soldiers are strict in discipline. &&&&&&&
& lead to& []& []Hard work leads to success. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Labour leads to happiness. &&&&&&&
5&Success and happiness in life are within reach for everyone.& reach& []v.
n.& []He reached his hand across the table. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Please reach me the newspaper. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Not so fast, little one, you will reach your school soon enough. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& within reach &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& The station is within easy reach of my house. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Put it within my reach. &&&&&&&
6&I wish you a lot of success in the future.& wish& []vt.
& []I wish you a pleasant journey. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& I wish you joy! &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& Let's wish you a long life. &&&&&&&
&&&&&&& I wish you luck! &&&&&&&
Step 7 Homework
Period 5& 第五节
(一)明确目标1. Do some listening to improve the students listening ability.
2. Making simple dialogues to train the students speaking ability.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationToday we come to the Workbook and do the listening comprehension and also do some talking practice.
(三)过程
Step 2 Listening comprehension
LISTENING TEXT
Every year since 1994, the Women's World Summit makes the announcement of the winners of the Prize for Women's Creativity in Countryside Life. Each year about 30 women from all parts of the world are given the award. Little by little the world is recognising the important role of women in many fields of development, such as the production of food and care of the environ&ment. Women in the countryside get this award, and the prize money of $500, when their ideas or work have helped to make a better life in their villages.
Mrs. Victoria Adetona is 54 years old and lives in Nige&ria, Africa. She comes from a very poor family. For more than 15 years, she worked for the Women and Development group in her village. Through her work, other women in the village could get loans to start small busi&nesses. In this way, Mrs. Adetona helps to make the life better for the poorest women in her village. The organisation that she set up has helped more than 1,000 people. Today, many of these people are now farmers who can take care of their families and send their chil&dren to school.
Over the past 10 years, more than 25 Chinese women have received the award. One of them is Mrs. Zeng Guanglan from Da Zhuang in Qinghai Province. Through her work she helped other women in her vil&lage to change traditional ways of thinking. She started to organise cultural activities on International Women's Day. At first, few women came but over time women enjoyed meeting together. Zeng helped them to plant potatoes and raise sheep. She gave new-born sheep to poor villagers, so they started making more money. Zeng also taught the villagers about the need to take care of the environment by planting trees on the hills around the village. In 2002, she was chosen to be one of the village leaders. No other women in the village had ever been chosen for that position before.
Answers for part 1:
The listening passage talks about: Villages, Countryside, Nigeria and Creativity.
Answers for part 2:
1 Women may get the award when their ideas or work have helped to make life better in their villages.
2 Mrs. Adetona has helped women in her village (get loans) to start small businesses.&&&&&&
3 Mrs. Adetona's work was important because with her help now more than a thousand people can take care of their families and send their children to school.
4 Mrs. Zeng taught the villages 1) how to plant potatoes, 2) how to take care of sheep and 3) how to take care of the environment by planting trees on the hills around the village.
5 In 2002 Mrs. Zeng was chosen to be one of the vil&lage leaders.&&&&& .
Answers for part 3:
Sample answers to Question 1:
Yes. I think women such as Mrs. Adetona and Mrs. Zeng should get awards for their work because it will inspire other women to start helping people in their own villages.
No.There are many women everywhere who do good things for other people (the community) without get&ting a prize. To do this kind of work is normal, and people should not be given awards for it.
Sample answers to Question 2:
It is -Impossible to provide a sample answer. However, in every community, village or town, students should be able to cite at least one woman, who has helped to make the life better in their community though her work or ideas. Students can think about volunteers who help (organise) activities for others or women who take the initiative to actually start doing things. If students can&not answer this question in class, it would be a good idea to give it to them as homework.
Step 3 Talking practice
Sample answers to the questions to the right of the graph:
-- It is difficult for women in China to get jobs in high positions because men in those positions give jobs to other men, but not to women.
-- Although women have a good education, there are still people who doubt whether they have the right qualities to do this job.
-- Some people feel that women are weak and cannot force their decisions on people who are stronger than themselves, so women cannot be managers or lead&ers.
-- There are also still some people who are very tradi& they believe the position of women should be at home to take care of the household and the chil&dren.
Before the role play
Yes. It is more difficult for women to get good jobs. Statistics show that the number of women in manage&ment positions is much lower than the number of men. Some of the arguments for that are listed above.
No. Women can also get very good jobs. There are many women who are managers in for example hospitals, schools and department stores. There are also jobs that women cannot do so well, for example jobs that are very heavy or dangerous, work in the police, army or fire stations, etc.
Sample answers to Question 2:
Yes. I think it is more difficult for women to get a posi&tion as a leader or boss in a company. Too many people believe that women are not suitable to do this kind of job. Also, women already in these positions prefer to work with other men, so when jobs are available they prefer to give them to other men.
No. Only in some fields there are perhaps not so many women. It could be because these fields are not so suit&able for women or that women themselves don't want to work in them.
For both questions a large number of other arguments can be given. .
Sample dialogue:
The roles in the dialogue are: B = Boss of the company, M = Manager who is leaving, C = Colleague, W = Worker and 0 = Owner of the company.
B: Okay. As we all know M, the manager here will leave next month. So our company will hire a new staff member. We have received many letters from men and women who would like to take this job. In this meeting" we hope to make a decision whom to give the job. M, maybe you can say something first.
M: OK. Well, we all know that my job is no easy one. Therefore we are looking for somebody who is re&sponsible and has good communication skills. There is no need to say that we are looking for somebody who is hard-working and loyal to our company. I think the person for this job must be good at dealing with people and he or she must be a real team worker. The job is difficult because sometimes there can be conflicts between staff. You have to be a strong kind of person and hold a firm stand.
B: Well. Together with the owner of the company, we have already looked at most letters and made some choices. Manager of this department is an impor&tant job in our company and that's why I want that person to be a strong and inspiring personality. Quali&ties that the right person for this job should have are that he or she is friendly and warm, but also strong and smart. We are now left with two, a man and a woman. I would like to hire the man, because I think a man will do this job better. But the woman has better qualifications and although she does not have as much work experience as the man. It looks as if she could do the job well. The owner of the com&pany has said, well maybe he can explain himself.
0: Yes. I have no preference for myself. I believe both the man and the woman could do the job very well. The things, however, I would like all of you to con&sider are: 1 It might be good if we had more female managers in our company, so the management team could learn more from different experiences, and 2 Most staff that the new manager has to work with are women. I know there never were any problems with X, but I have also heard that some colleagues in the department would welcome a woman in this position. We are here to hear their opinion, before making a decision.
C: Well, many of our colleagues are women and they do their jobs just as well as the men. I think it could be either a man or a woman, though I prefer we choose a woman. It is very pleasant to work with different people and because there are already so many men working as managers in the company, it might be a good idea to hire the woman.
M: Qualities that the right person for this job should have are that he of she should be honest, strong and hard-working. And as far as I can see, both men and women can have all these qualities. The most im&portant thing is that the job gets done.
C: Sure. Maybe men and women have different ways to solve problems, but we should not say that it isn't a good thing. I'm sure a female manager will hold her stand in conflicts and can be strong.
W: I haven't met this person. I'm not sure whether we should take a man or a woman. I suppose if both are equal in many ways, I agree with the owner that we should take a woman. In some ways it would be easier for female staff to talk to a female manager. She might understand some problems better. I be&lieve that women should get the same opportunities. provided that she is well qualified and possesses the qualities we feel are needed. On the other hand I am sure that if everybody feels that the man is the better of the two, then we should decide to take him.
B: Well, that should not make any difference. I think the person for this job could either be a man or a woman. The qualities that the right person for this job should have are to treat all staff, men and women equally.
Step 4 Sample talking
Step 5 Summary 小结
Step 7 Homework
Period 6& 第六节
(一)明确目标1. Discuss all the answers to the exercises in the Workbook.2. Learn to use the grammar knowledge
3. Further develop the students’ writing skills.
(二)整体感知Step 1 PresentationIn the class &
(三)过程Step 2 VocabularyAnswers to Exercise 1:
&1 struggled, struggle 2 increase, increase& 3 regretted, regret&& 4 shelters, shelter&& 5 value, value
Answers to Exercise 2:
1 something&&& 2 someone&& 3 sometimes&&& 4 sometimes&&&&&& 5 somewhere& 6 somehow& 7 Sometimes& 8 somehow
Answers to Exercise 3:
Step 3 GrammarAnswers to Exercise 1:
1 has&&&&&& 2 have&&&& 3 has&&&&&& 4 was& 5 know& 6 was& 7 is / are& 8 are& 9 is& 10 is
Answers to Exercise 2:
1 is& 2 they / he / she / her& 3 her& 4 has& 5 themselves& 6 had been& 7 has& 8 is& 9 his / her& 10 has
Answers to Exercise 3:
1 is& 2 is& 3 is &4 were& 5 was& 6 had been& 7 was& 8 was& 9 had been
Step 4 Integrating skillsWe have learnt how to give advice. Now let’s try to write letters giving advice. Here in our textbook there are letters asking for some advice. Read them quickly, then write down four pieces of advice for each of them using "had better (not) , "ought (not) to or should (not) .
Many students like having snacks. Is the habit good or bad? Let s read “Snacks".
Step 5 Listening to the Passage
Step 6 Reading comprehension
What can we expect from classmates?
- They always do their homework well, so no time is lost.
- They also ask the teacher questions.
- They actively take part in our lessons.
- They behave correctly in class.
- They help other classmates with problems and questions.
- They take responsibility for their part of tasks.
- They work together with their classmates.
What can we expect from teachers?
- They prepare their lessons well.
- They try their best to make the lessons interesting for the students.
- They are fair and treat all students with respect.
- They keep order in the classroom but are not too strict.
Answers to Question 3:
deali management
Knowledge: engineering.
Characteristics: hard- endurance
Answers to Question 4:
Yes. I think the women in the reading passage are great women. I think so because there aren't very many women who are successful in technical jobs especially not in space engineering.
No. I agree that they are smart and hard-working, but they were probably just lucky to get such a good job. In fact, they are people just like you and me.
Step 7 Sample writng
&My future career:
At school:
I have always been very good at maths and science. I don't like language so much but I have to get good marks in all subjects to go to university. The time I save study&ing maths can help me become better at languages.
At university:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
I hope to get a good knowledge of my two favourate subjects (maths and science), so I can later choose the job that I would like to do. I will have to work hard and diligently, to get the best results.
Work experience:
If I am lucky, I can get the perfect job when I graduate from university. But even if I first have to do one or two other jobs, I hope these jobs are in my field and give me opportunities for on-the-job learning. I think on-the-job learning will be very important because there are many things that you cannot learn from books.
Continued learning:
The world around us is changing all the time. I think in the future we will have to take courses in our jobs to learn more work skills. We will also have to study new things to create better opportunities to do our work well, or get on finding other jobs.
Sample essay
&&& I have always been very good at maths and science. I don’t like language so much but I have to get good marks in all subjects to go to university. The time I save studying maths can help me become better at languages. I think the time at high school will be the businest and most difficult in my career. There are so many subjects, and it is so important that we try to be good at all of them.
&&& I am looking forward to going to university. I hope to get a good knowledge of my two favorite subjects (maths and science) there, so I can later choose the job that I would like to do. I will have t

我要回帖

更多关于 little green bag 的文章

随机推荐