Young Wang is an outstanding valuesoldier, day he when stands guard is in charge of quarters, obviously s

Miscellaneous Newspaper Clippings2011届高考英语必修4第一轮复习测评检测试题及答案
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2011届高考英语必修4第一轮复习测评检测试题及答案
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2011届高考英语必修4第一轮复习测评检测试题及答案
文 章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 Y k J.Co m 必修4Module 1 Life in the Future
Ⅰ. 单词拼写1. The d&&& may be caused by a medical condition, or may be the result of an accident.2. The government should take certain measures to protect the natural r&& .3. All the c&&& have been arrested and sentenced to death.4. We need not have read the Fast Reading m&&& before we do it in class.5. Fishing is a common r&&& when people want to relax.6. Organ transplantation not only needs exact&&&&&& (外科手术), but also needs steady source of organ.7. The football player was wounded. The team leader had to allow an&&&&&& (可替换的) player to join in the match.8. All of them worked very hard and&&&&&&& (最终地) they finished their work on time.9. When we meet with difficulties, we should remain&&&&&& (乐观的) instead of being pessimistic.10. Do you take seriously his&&&&&& (预测) of a government defeat?Ⅱ. 辨析A. certain/sure1. ―Would you please turn down the radio a bit? ―&&&&&& .2. Once the riders are stopped, that they will have to pay money is&&&&&&& . B. be careful/take care/look out1. You must&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& about your health. 2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& wild animals when you go up the hill.3. He is in a bad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& not to step on his toes.Ⅲ. 完成句子1. In the future, besides using recycled materials, we should also&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (依赖) alternative energy.2. We should make up our mind to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (改掉) some bad habits once we realized them.3. I don’t want to buy the coat.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (首先) secondly, it is out of date.4. He is intelligent and hard-working so he will pass the examination&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (肯定).5. The government has some difficulty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (执行) the new policy. Ⅳ. 单项 从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项1. After a two-hour delay(延误)at the airport, the passengers&&&&&&& went aboard the plane for Paris.A. definitely B. eventually
C. absolutely D. formally2. ―How about this type?―I don’t like its colour. Besides, it’s&&&&&& .A. in the way B. on the way outC. under way D. out of the way3.& These products are very cheap because the industry&&&&&&& the price of raw materials remaining low. A. takes on B. relies onC. stands on D. keeps on4. Tim knows&&&&&&& what’s going on. He is too intelligent not to understand.A. in doubt& B. by chanceC. without confidence D. for sure5. With coal and oil&&&&&&& ,what long-term effects of global warming on humans will be?A. run out of B. are using upC. run out D. running out of6. He made many promises but I haven’t seen any of them&&&&&&& so far.A. carry out&&B. carrying outC. to carry out&&&& D. carried out7. It is&&&&&&& that solar energy will become the major energy in the future, though it’s not quite sure. A. suggested& B. countedC. proved&&&& D. predicted8. You’re required to&&&&&&& a recent photo to your application form before handing it in.A. attach& B. stick& C. post& D. load9. The company provides a telephone service free of&&&&&&& charge and you can dial to find out how you should pay charge&&&&&&&& for what you ordered.A. /;/& B. /;a& C.& the& D. /; theⅤ. 完形填空下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。“Billy! It is February 25, 2099, seven o’clock. Time to 1&&& and go to school.” said the clock-robot 2&&& a mental voice. Then the kitchen-robot gave him toast and eggs. Billy was 3&& . While he was eating, the whole wall 4&&& a TV screen and Billy thought that it was great having robots to do 5&&& for him. Billy ate his meal watching a TV 6&& . When he finished eating, the 7&&&& gave him his clothes very fast and8&&& him. Then Billy went off to school. When Billy went outside, he saw a car with no 9&&& waiting for him. The car said, “Hello, I will be 10&&& you to school every day. Now would you please 11&&& your school ID card?” said the car. So Billy showed the car his school ID card and got in. The 12&&& began to talk to Billy about his school and his schoolwork. After that the car said, “I will 13&&& your homework today 14&& you will have a very, very important lesson to 15&&& in school today. Please put your homework on the blackboard.” Billy did so.The car checked Billy‘s homework and then said, “You are a(n) 16&& student. All of your homework is 17&& .” When they 18&&& the school, Billy said to the car, “Goodbye. See you later.” The car said to Billy, “Good luck in your school.” Billy got into the classroom and 19&& his seat at the front of the room. Then his teacher came in and said, “Welcome, children! Today we will have a hard but& 20&& lesson ― ‘How do robots help a human being?’...”& 1. A. get up&&&&&& B. show up&&&&&& C. take up&&&&& D. dress up 2. A. in&&&&&&&&& &B. on&&&&&&&& &C. with&&&&&&& &D. by3. A. angry&&&&&& &B. amazed&&&&&& C. worried&&&&&& &D. quick 4. A. changed for& &B. became ofC. looked like&& &D. turned into5. A. something&& &B. anythingC. everything&& &D. nothing 6. A. show& &&B. screen&&& &&C. set&&&&& &&D. box7. A. driverrobot B. clockrobotC. kitchenrobot D. clothesrobot 8. A. dressed&& &&B. cleaned&&&&&& &C. pushed&&&&&&& D. pleased 9. A. teacher&& &&B. student&&&& &C. robot&&&&&& &D. driver10. A. driving B. accommodatingC. loading D. holding 11. A. give&& B. show&&&& &&C. send&&&&&&& &D. lend12. A. teacher B. driver&&&&& &C. robot&&&&&& &D. car 13. A. check&& B. prepare&&& &C. inspect&&&& &D. do14. A. if&&&&&& B. when&&&& &&C. but&&&&&&& &D. because 15. A. miss&&&& B. learn&&&& &&C. study&&&&& &D. check16. A. energetic& &B. optimisticC. great&&&&&& &D. handsome 17. A. easy&&&&&& &B. difficult&& &&C. correct&&&& &D. wrong18. A. rushed in&& &B. got toC. turned to&&&& &D. left off19. A. took&&&&&& &B. found&&&&&&&& C. made&&&&&&&& D. kept20. A. easy&& B. important&& C. boring&& D. influentialⅥ.短文改错此题要求改正所给短文的错误。请根据上下文对标有题号的每一行作出判断;如无错误,在该行右边横线上划一个勾(√);如果有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出应加的单词。此行错一个词:在错词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的单词。注意:原行没有错误的不要改。Our school had a series of activity for Girls’ Day. I had&&&&&&&&&& 1.&&&&&&& great difficulty decided to take part in the singing competition with my 2.&&&&&&& roommates. It was a really challenge for me because I had never sung& 3.&&&&&& on stage. We choose the song Seasons in the Sun and changed the words.4.&&&&&&& To make sure our performance was good, they made great efforts to 5.&&&&&&& practise it again and again. Therefore, when time came to perform, I 6.&&&&&& was too nervous to remember any words of the song!7.&&&&&& Although result was that we failed to make the finals, for me,8.&&&&&& having courage to sing on public was a great experience. I believe the 9.&&&&&&& chance I grasped it has been a turning point in my life.10.&&&&&& 必修4Module 1& Life in the FutureJ基础操练Ⅰ. 1. disability2. resources3. criminals4.materials5. recreation6. surgery7. alternative8. eventually9. optimistic10. predictionⅡ. A. 1. Sure2. certainB. 1. be careful2. Look out3. take careⅢ. 1. rely on2. get rid of3. For a start 4. for sure5. in carrying outJ提升练习Ⅳ. 1. 解析:选B。考查副词词义辨析。definitely 无疑地,确定地;eventually 最后,终于;absolutely 完全地,绝对地;formally 正式地,形式上地。由句意“乘客在被延误两个小时后,终于登上了飞往巴黎的航班”可知,选B。2. 解析:选B。考查介词短语辨析。in the way 挡着……的路;on the way out 即将过时;under way 前进中,进行中;out of the way 不再挡路,不再碍事。根据语境可知,答句句意为:我不喜欢(这款的)颜色,除此之外,它也即将过时。故选B。3. 解析:选B。产品便宜的原因,工厂靠的是原材料价格低。rely on意为“依赖,依靠”;take on意为“从事;呈现”;stand on意为“根据……;坚持”;keep on意为“继续进行”。4. 解析:选D。考查短语辨析。句型“too ...n ot to ...”意为“太……不可能不……”,所以后半句的意思是:他很聪明不可能不知道。因此前半句的意思应是:蒂姆肯定知道正在发生什么事。in doubt 拿不准;by chance 碰巧;without confidence 没有信心;for sure 无疑,肯定。故选D。5. 解析:选A。考查动词短语辨析。use up, run out of和run out都有“用光,耗尽”之意,但use up和run out of是及物动词短语,而run out是不及物动词短语。在with复合结构中,use up和run out of与coal和oil之间为被动关系,故应使用它们的过去分词形式,如用run out,则需用run out的现在分词形式。故选A。6. 解析:选D。考查非谓语动词。句中的any of them 与carry out之间为被动关系;see sth. done意为“看到某事被做”,故选D。carry out promises 履行诺言。7. 解析:选D。根据后半句“though its not quite sure”知道,前半句仅仅是一种预测,所以应该用predict预测。suggest表明;count计算;prove证明。8. 解析:选A。考查动词词义辨析。attach, post和stick都有“张贴”之意。但表示“在申请表上贴张照片”,post和stick要与介词on连用;post通常用于在墙上、柱子上等张贴某物;而attach则与to连用,故答案为A项。load意为“装 载”,不符合句意。9. 解析:选D。free of charge是固定短语,意为“免费的”;for what you ordered作定语修饰charge,所以第二个charge前面应该有定冠词the。Ⅴ. 1. 解析:选A。根据下文比利要去上学,故可推测现在应该是起床时间。2. 解析:选A。表示“用……的声音”应用介词in。3. 解析:选B。根据上下文推断,比利应该对机器人提供的服务感到惊奇,故用amazed。4. 解析:选D。用turn into表示“变成”,符合文意。5. 解析:选C。考查不定代词的用法。根据上下文判断,机器人为他做了一切。6. 解析:选A。从文章判断,比利边吃早餐,边看电视节目。a TV show的意思是“电视节目”.7. 解析:选D。“给比利穿衣服”的当然是clothesrobot。8. 解析:选A。clothesrobot所做的事情当然是帮比利穿衣服了。用dress最合适。9. 解析:选D。从后文看,这辆车是自动驾驶,没有司机。故选D。10. 解析:选A。drive可以表示“开车送人”。故选A11. 解析:选B。根据后句的“... showed the car his school ID card”确定答案为B项。12. 解析:选D。根据上下文判断应选D。13. 解析:选A。根据下段首句中的check确定,此处应该选A。14. 解析:选D。此处用because引导原因状语从句。15. 解析:选B。此空可以从句意和搭配入手。miss lesson不符合句意;“学习功课”应该用learn lesson。故选B。16. 解析:选C。作业都做对了,应该说是a great student。故选C。17. 解析:选C。用correct才能与上文相符。18. 解析:选B。上文说drive you to school,此时应该是get to the school。19. 解析:选A。take ones seat 就座。20. 解析:选B。句中but表示转折,与hard相对应,此处应该用important。Ⅵ. 1. activity→activities2. decided→deciding3. really→real4. choose→chose&& 5. they→we6. Therefore→However 7. √8. 在result前加the&& 9. on→in10. 去掉it必修4Module 2 Traffic JamⅠ. 单词拼写1. He was punished because he had no driving p&& . He couldn’t continue to drive without permission.2. In every city of China, there are bicycle l&&& for bicycle riders.3. The peacock d&&&& its fine tail feathers when it noticed any gay colours.4. 200 people, including her only son, got killed in the terrible disaster. I wonder what her r&&&& would be when the news reaches her.5. In travelling, the place you want to go to is your d&&& .6. After you buy something from a shop, you will be given a&&&&&&& (收据) for your payment.7.&&&&&&& (无轨电车) use electricity as power, which reduces pollution of the air.8. The progress China has made in the past twenty years is very&&&&&&& (给人印象深刻的).9. The Internet is a very&&&&&&& (方便的)way to communicate and share information with people all over the world.10. Man has already begun&&&&&&& (探索)the Mars, hoping to find signs of life there.Ⅱ. 辨析填空A. at times/in time/in no time/at the time/at no time1. When I answer the question in English,I do feel a bit nervous&&&&&&& .2. Don’t worry, work hard, you’ll succeed&&&&&&& .3.&&&&&&& will China be the first to use nuclear weapons.4. You came here but you didn’t see me,I was out&&&&&&& .5. He was really hungry.&&&&&& , he ate up everything on the plate.B. get over/get through/get down to/get around/get along well with1. I’m&&&&&&& my new classmates.2. It’s time I&&&&&&& thinking about their suggestions.3. I think the problem can&&&&&&& without much difficulty.4. Let’s start, there is still plenty of work to&&&&&&& .5. It’s very interesting to go to Beijing and&&&&&&& the Hutong.Ⅲ. 用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空1. Unluckily, the bus was&&&&&&&& (stick) in the mud.2. During the Spring Festival, the shops were&&&&&&& (crowd) with customers.3. We should devote ourselves to the&&&&&&& (limit) service to the people.4. The result of the match is beyond our&&&&&&& (imagine).5. In other words, he&&&&&&& (narrow) passed the examination.Ⅳ. 翻译句子1. 从这个高楼顶上,你能一览整个城市的美景。(view)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2. 车轮子陷进泥里我们不能继续前进了。(stuck)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 3. 如果你明天方便的话,请来一趟。(convenient)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 4. 那个新的摩天大楼正在兴建中。(construction)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5. 尽管他们彼此深爱着对方,但他们还是决定分开。(even though)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Ⅴ. 单项填空从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. Nowadays people can get lots of information by using a computer&&&&&&& the Internet.A. is connected toB. is connected withC. connected toD. connected on2. Our house is very&&&&&&&& for me as I can get to the office in five minutes.A. reasonableB. comfortableC. convenientD. available3. Smoking does great harm to our health.&&&&&&& is smoking allowed in public places.A. At no time B. In no timeC. At all times D. All the time4. The British government has&&&&&&&& enough funds& prepare for the Olympic Games in 2012.A. forB. withC. forD. to5. ―Would you be kind enough to lend me $10 this time so that I can pull through?―&&&&&& . What a liar!A. Nothing&&& B. Not yetC. No problem D. No way6. Anyone won’t be permitted&&&&&&&& the office building without&&&&&&& .A. permittingB. a permitC. permissionD. permitted 7. Her parents left her&&&&&&&& her own friends even when she was young.A. with choosing B. to chooseC. choose&&&&&&& D. to choosing8. ―Jerry, you go to the movie The Asembly with me tonight,&&&&&& ?―Let me think it over because I watched it last Tuesday.A. do you&&&&&& B. will youC. didn’t you& D. don’t you9. In order to build Qing-Zang Railroad, the workers managed to&&&&&&&& the route in plateau. A. explode B. exploitC. explore D. export10. My father&&&&&&&& on me the importance of work before I entered into the society.(原创)A. pressed B. impressedC. imposed D. importⅥ.& 理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。ADenver’s bus system (RTD) works best if you are based in the downtown area. For any information, see the phone number and website below. To pick up schedules(时间表) or talk to an RTD employee in person you can go to the Civic Centre station or the Market Street station. The Civic Centre station is located at the south end of the 16th Street Mall(take the free bus to the south end of the line). The Market Street station is located at the 16th Street Market (take the free bus to the north end of the line). You’ll be able to find any and all schedules for buses in the RTD system. You’ll also be able to buy any pass, etc. All monthly passes and 10 ticket coupon(优待券)books (pay for 10 bus rides at a time) can be bought at any King Sooners store in the Denver subway area. All buses have bike holders on the front of the bus. These can be used at no extra charge, but it is your responsibility to load(装载) and unload your bike. The driver is not allowed to assist you. You can bring a bicycle on the light rail trains during off peak hours(非高峰时间)―it doesn’t cost extra. They just ask that you board at the back of the train. All buses are wheelchair accessible.The trains go from 30th & Downing streets to Santa Fe & Mineral every 15 minutes or so―depending on the time of day. Fares $1.25 for all stops between downtown and Hampden Ave. and $2.50 for any trip further south than that. Bicycles are allowed on the trains, but only in the back cars and only during non-peak hours. Theme: BusPhone: 303-299-6000Website: www. rtd_denver. com1. If you want to find out the fares of buses, which of the following is NOT a good way?A. Dial the number 303-299-6000.B. Land on .C. Go to the bus station directly.D. Pay for 10 rides at a time.2. According the passage, the underlined word “pass” may refer to&&&&&&& .A. the ticket for entering or leaving the bus stationB. the book for 10 ticket coupon or for free chargeC. a long time ticket for admitting a passenger to a busD. the book containing all the service information3. The biggest advantage of the RTD bus service may lie in the fact that&&&&&&& .A. the driver may actively help you set your bike on the trainB. passengers can ask for the right to get their bikes off the busC. the driver can make room for the bikes any timeD. the passenger can carry his bike to the train during some time4. From the passage , we can refer that&&&&&&& .A. many people turn to riding bikes during rush hoursB. many people prefer sitting on wheelchairs on busesC. it takes 15 minutes to go to Santa Fe & Mineral from 30th & DowningD. the fare for the trip from Downing to Hampden is $1.255. The BEST title for this passage may be&&&&&&& .A. Denver Travel GuideB. RTD Works BestC. Denver Light RailD. RTD Special ServiceB2 million road deaths worldwide occur each year, plus a further 50 million injuries. To reduce car crash rate, much research now is focused on safety and new fuels-though some electric vehicle and biofuel research aims at going faster.Travelling at speed has always been dangerous. One advanced area of research in motoring safety is the use of digital incar assistants. They can ensure you don’t miss important road signs or fall asleep. Most crashes result from human and not mechanical faults.Some safety developments aim to improve your vision. Radar can spot obstacles in fog, while other technology “sees through” big vehicles blocking your view.And improvements to seat belts, pedal controls and tyres are making driving smoother and safer. The colour of a car has been found to be linked with safety, as have, less surprisingly, size and shape.But whatever is in the fuel tank, you don’t want a thief in the driving seat and there have been many innovations(创新). Satellite tracking and remote communications can also come into play if you crash, automatically calling for help.Accidents cause many traffic jams, but there are more subtle interplays between vehicles that can cause jams even on a clear but busy road. Such jams can be analyzed using statistical tools. Robotic drivers could be programmed to make traffic flow smoothly and will perhaps one day be everyone’s personal chauffeur(司机), but their latest efforts suggest that won’t be soon.6. To reduce car crash rate, many scientists are working hard to&&&&&&& .A. design fully automatic carsB. develop faster electric vehiclesC. analyze road deaths occurring worldwide each yearD. improve the safety of cars and develop new fuels7. According to the second paragraph, most road accidents happen due to&&&&&&& .A. heavy trafficB. human mistakesC. engine failureD. bad weather8. Which of the following safety developments is NOT mentioned in the passage?A. Windscreens that can help drivers to improve their vision.B. Radars that can help drivers to see obstacles in fog.C. Devices that can help drivers to see through big vehicles.D. Improvements in seat belts, pedal controls and tyres.9. Satellite tracking and remote communication systems can be used to&&&&&&& .A. reduce oil consumptionB. remove the obstacles on the roadC. call for help when ones car crashesD. help drivers get out of a traffic jam10. Which of the following statements is TRUE of robotic drivers?A. It will take some time before robotic drivers are available.B. Robotic drivers are not allowed to drive on busy roads.C. Robotic drivers can never replace human drivers.D. Robotic drivers are too expensive to use.Module 2& Traffic Jam J基础操练Ⅰ. 1. permit2. lanes3. displayed4. reaction5. destination6. receipt7. Trolleybuses8. impressive9. convenient10.exploringⅡ. A. 1.at times2.in time3.At no time4.at the time5.In no time B. 1. getting along well with2. got down to3. be got over4. get through5. get around& Ⅲ. 1. stuck2. crowded3. unlimited4. imagination5. narrowlyⅣ. 1. Seeing from the top of the high building, youll have/get a good view of the whole city.2. The wheels of the car were /got stuck in the mud and we could not go on.3. If it is convenient to you, come here tomorrow.4. The new skyscraper is under construction.5. Even though they loved each other, they decided to part. J提升练习Ⅴ.1. 解析:选C。考查由connect构成的短语及非谓语动词的用法。connect to意为“与……连接(在一起)”;connect on无此搭配。根据句意和结构,可知此处应为过去分词作后置定语,故选C项。2. 解析:选C。考查词义辨析。reasonable合理的;comfortable 舒适的;convenient 便利的;available 可用的。3. 解析:选A。句意为:吸烟有害健康。所以在公共场合决不允许吸烟。at no time 决不;in no time 立刻;at all times 总是;all the time 一直。at no time 位于句首时,句子用部分倒装。4. 解析:选D。考查不定式表示目的的用法。句意为:英国政府已经为筹备2012年奥运会提供了足够的资金。afford意为“支付得起”,常构成afford to do sth.句式。offer, provide和supply都可表示“提供”,但搭配不同。“为某人提供某物”可表示为offer sb. sth.或offer sth. to sb., provide sb. with sth.或provide sth. for sb., supply sth. to/ for sb.或supply sb. with sth.。此题避开上述结构,考查不定式表示目的。根据句意可知to prepare ...为不定式表示目的。5. 解析:选D。根据空后的情景句“What a liar!”可推知第二个人断然拒绝了对方借钱的请求,故选D。 No way 没门儿;Nothing 没有(钱);Not yet 还没有; No problem 没问题。6. 解析:选B。permit doing sth. 允许做某事;被动语态中句子的主语是anyone,所以应该是permit sb. to do sth.表示“允许某人做某事”的结构,D项应该是being permitted。 7. 解析:选B。考查“leave+复合宾语”结构。此结构的基本含义为“让……处于某种状态”。该结构中,leave用作使役动词,后面常接由“宾语(名词/代词)+宾补(形容词/副词/介词短语/v.ing形式/v.ed形式/动词不定式)”构成的复合宾语。故选B项。8. 解析:选B。考查祈使句的反意疑问句。祈使句有时为了加强语气,指明向谁提出请求或命令,引起听话者的注意,可以把主语显示出来。祈使句的附加疑问部分一般用will you,故选B项。9. 解析:选C。考查动词词义辨析。句意为:为了建造青藏铁路,工人们努力在高原上勘察路线。explore勘察,探测;explode爆炸;exploit开发,利用;export输出,出口。10. 解析:选B。考查impress on的用法。impress on意为“使人铭记……”,符合句意。press意为“印,压,压迫”等;C项impose on意为“利用,占……便宜,欺骗”;D项意为“进口”,均不符合句意。Ⅵ.1. 解析:选D。 细节理解题。由文章第一段中的第二句话“For any information, see the phone number and website below.”可知A、B两项正确;文章紧接着提到如果你要拿时间表或与RTD员工交谈,你可以乘坐免费汽车去车站,可知要打听车费,到车站去问一下当然是最好的主意;而一次性地购买10次乘车的票是为了得到优待证,故D项不对。2. 解析:选C。 词义猜测题。由第一段“All monthly passes ...”可知实际上指的是月票,故pass在文中应当是指车票,故选C。3. 解析:选D。 细节理解题。由第一段中的“You can bring a bicycle on the light rail trains during off peak hours ...”可知,在非高峰时间,乘客可以将自行车带到轻轨火车上去,故选D。根据上文,司机是不允许帮助乘客搬动或卸下自行车的,故A、B两项不对;在高峰时间车上不得装载自行车,故C项不对。4. 解析:选A。 推理。由文章的内容可知,在高峰时间一般是不允许将自行车带到汽车或火车上的,那么更多的人就会改骑自行车,故选A。轮椅并不是任何人都可以坐的,故B项错误;由第二段的内容可知,从30th & Downing到Santa Fe & Mineral的火车每15分钟一班,并不是坐车15分钟就到了,故C项错误;D项不能从原文中得到答案。5. 解析:选A。主旨大意题。纵观全文,文章叙述了Denver交通系统的运作、服务及票价情况,应该是一篇旅行指南。故选A。6. 解析:选D。细节理解题。由文章第一段中的“much research now is focused on safety and new fuels ...”可知答案。 7. 解析:选B。细节理解题。第二段中的“Travelling at speed has always been dangerous.”和“Most crashes result from human and not mechanical faults.”可以看出大多数车祸的发生属于人为因素。8. 解析:选A。细节理解题。在文章第二段、第三段和第四段中分别提到了B、C和D三个选项。 9. 解析:选C。推理。由第五段最后一句中的“...automatically calling for help”可知答案。10. 解析:选A。细节理解题。由文章最后一句“Robotic drivers could be programmed to make traffic flow smoothly and will perhaps one day be everyones personal chauffeur, but their latest efforts suggest that wont be soon.”可知答案。必修4Module 3 Body Language and Nonverbal CommunicationⅠ. 单词拼写1. The children were f&&&& by the toys in the shop window.2. The woman was badly injured in the accident but she is still c&& .3. Deaf people use gestures to c&&& with each other.4. The French president will make a f&&& visit to our country next month.5. A good driver v&&& the speed of his car according to the condition of roads.6. The patient is&&&&&&& (轻微地,稍微地) better today.7. There are also many people who are interested in Chinese&&&&&&&& (传统的) medicine, painting and calligraphy.8. These dogs are trained to be&&&&&&& (有进攻性的).9. The dog growled(狂吠) at me&&&&&&&& (恐吓地).10. The gunfire&&&&&&& (使……受惊) the horses.Ⅱ. 辨析填空A. however/but/while/though1. My brother likes reading books&&&&&&&&& I like singing.2. So far, I haven’t had any success.&&&&&&& , I’ll keep trying.3. I can not play basketball,&&&&&&& I can play the violin, not very well,&&&&&& .B. hold up/hold on/hold back/hold out 1. Nobody can&&&&&&& the wheel of history. 2. During the rush hour they were&&&&&&& in the heavy traffic.3. We can stay here for as long as our supplies&&&&&&& .4. ―Hello. May I speak to John?―Yes, but he is not here, please&&&&&&& and wait a minute.C. give out/give off/give in/give up/give away1. People&&&&&&& much more by their gestures than by their words.2. As time goes by, all the cars and buses will not be allowed to&&&&&&& poisonous smoke.3. After such a long journey, both my strength and money&&&&&&& .4. In the crowded bus the young people&&&&&&& their seats to the old men.5. The heroic girl would rather die than&&&&&&& .Ⅲ. 用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空1. Since he took over the case, he always receives&&&&&&& (threat) e-mails.2. The fire&&&&&&& (spread) very rapidly because of the strong wind.3. Chuck sat quietly for hours&&&&&&& (stare) in the distance, thinking of what might have been.4. Television is an increasingly important means of&&&&&&&& (communicate).5. She was hit on the head by a stone and knocked&&&&&&& (conscious). Ⅳ. 翻译句子1. 他很愿意去帮助困境中的人。( in trouble)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2. 对这一点看法各异。(vary)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 3. 我不喜欢他在和我说话之前上下打量我的那种方式。(up and down)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 4. 昨天早上在去学校的路上,我偶然遇到了我的一位老朋友。(by accident)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5. 所有的孩子都参加了学校排练的戏剧。 (be involved in)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Ⅴ. 单项填空从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1.&&&&&&& guard whom we thought irresponsible was fired, because he fell asleep when he was on& guard.A. A; a B. T /C. T aD. A; /2. My parents never remember my phone number, and they always have to look it&up&&&&&&&& they call me.A. every timeB. for the timeC. at the timeD. in a time 3. We feel like ordering a lot of goods, but, it is impossible to come to&&&&&&&& unless you give us any discount.A. make an announcementB. make a dealC. make an appointmentD. make a decision4. She requested that her decision&&&&&&&& to anyone until next meeting.A. won’t be toldB. wouldn’t tellC. shouldn’t tellD. not be told5. It’s a fact that television violence encourages children’s&&&&&&&& behaviour.A. informalB. impressiveC. aggressiveD. threatening6. &&&&&& , she can help our mother do housework.A. As my sister is a childB. A child as my sister isC. Child as is my sisterD. Child as my sister is7. ―I wonder if you can do me the favour to translate this letter from German into English.―&&&&&&& Let me try.A. I’d rather not.B. No trouble at all.C. What’s the matter?D. All right.8. Not surprisingly, the prices of products vary&&&&&&&& quality and market conditions such as supply and demand.A. withB. fromC. betweenD. in 9.&&&&&&& into space, human beings will just make a small stop.A. However far they may goB. No matter they may go farC. How far they may goD. No matter far they may go10. With the final exam&&&&&&&& next week, I’ll be kept busy&&&&&&&& my lessons this weekend.A. revisingB. with revisingC. revisingD. to reviseⅥ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Many people who are overweight have poor digestion(消化). For the most part, poor digestion is not a habit given by our parents. We give it to ourselves through the way we eat. Eating to get less stress or anxiety is often the mistake most people will make.Oh, poor digestion can lead to weight problems. Here’s how: When a person feels stressed, the part of the central nervous system that connects digestion switches off. This is called the parasympathetic nervous system(副交感神经系统). At those times of stress, the body can take in food and& process some of it, but digestion doesn’t work correctly to digest all the nutritional(营养的)goodness from the food. Poor digestion is not always obvious b you can get some illnesses but not always. Poor digestion can be seemingly silent.If you eat when you are stressed, anxious, or nervous, you might as well be eating cardboard for all the nutrients your body gets. Yes, eating when stressed is a gaining situation. Now you might think, well, if I’m not digesting, the calories aren’t getting handles, so I should be losing weight. Good idea, but wrong reality. When digestion is not proper, the body starts “starving” from lack of necessary nutrients. Yes, it goes into a starvation problem and starts absorbing(吸收) fat and energy. It thinks it’s in a famine(饥荒). The good news is that it’s easy to make some corrections and get rid of stress at mealtimes.If you feel stressed often, it can be helpful to take other food that contains multiple B vitamins. These help, but you could still find yourself stressed at mealtimes.1. The author wrote the passage to tell us&&&&&&& .A. how to deal with stress at mealtimesB. what kind of food can be easily digestedC. eating when you’re stressed can cause weight problemsD. eating too much resulted in overweight problems2. How do you understand the underlined sentence in the first paragraph?A. Eating is the best way to release stress.B. We should not release the stress by eating.C. Eating too much can cause anxiety.D. The stress problem can be solved during eating.3. In what way do poor digestion and stress cause body problems?A. Poor digestion cannot absorb much nutritional goodness from the food.B. People with poor digestion take in food and process all of it.C. When people feel stressed, the parasympathetic nervous system switches on.D. Poor digestion will not lead to overweight problems.4. Which is NOT the reason why people may have weight problems when eating with stress?A. The body does not take in what they eat.B. The digestion system becomes incorrect.C. People cannot eat much when unhappy.D. The body will begin to absorb too much fat.5. What’s the author’s attitude towards the stress problem during mealtimes?A. People cannot find ways to get rid of it.B. Take vitamin B, and you will not feel unhappy any longer.C. It’s possible to make some corrections.D. Don’t eat anything while feeling stressed.Ⅶ.短文改错此题要求改正所给短文的错误。请根据上下文对标有题号的每一行作出判断;如无错误,在该行右边横线上划一个勾(√);如果有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出应加的单词。此行错一个词:在错词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的单词。注意:原行没有错误的不要改。As neither she nor her husband smoke, Mrs Henry was&&& 1.&&&&&& surprising to see cigarette ash on her doorstep. When she opened 2.&&&&&&& the living-room door she saw a strange man fast asleep in&& 3.&&&&&&& an armchair. Took care not to disturb him, she left the&&&&&&& 4.&&&&&& house immediately. She called at a taxi and went&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5.&&&&&& straight the police station, where she explained what&&&&&&&&&&& 6.&&&&&&& had happened and added that the man could have&&&&&&&&&&&&& 7.&&&&&& got into the house through an opened window. She&&&&&&&&&&&& 8.&&&&&& returned home together with two police. But it was too late.&&&&& 9.&&&&&& The man was disappeared. Luckily, nothing valuable had&&&&&&& 10.&&&&&& ever been taken.Module 3& Body Language and Non-verbal CommunicationJ基础操练Ⅰ. 1. fascinated2. conscious3. communicate4. formal5. varies6. slightly7. traditional8. aggressive9. threateningly10. panickedⅡ. A. 1. while2. However3. thoughB. 1. hold back2. hold up3. hold out4. hold onC. 1. give away2. give off3. gave out4. give up5. give inⅢ. 1. threatening2. spread3. staring4. communication5. unconsciousⅣ. 1. He is more than willing to help those in trouble.2. Opinions vary on this point.3. I don’t like the way he looks at me up and down before speaking to me.4. On my way to go to school yesterday morning I met an old friend by accident.5. All the children were involved in the school play.J提升练习Ⅴ. 1. 解析: 选B。考查冠词。当guard意为“哨兵,警卫;看守”讲时,作可数名词,前面加定冠词the,表示特指;on guard为固定短语,表示“值/当班;(保持)警惕”。故 场的供需状况而改变。vary强调不规则或连续地改变。vary with 随……而变化;vary between ...and ...在……和……中有不同/呈现差异;vary from ...to ...在……到……之间变动;vary in在……方面不同。根据句意,故选A。9. 解析:& 选A。考查状语从句。however引导让步状语从句,相当于no matter how。故选A。10. 解析:& 选A。考查非谓语动词。根据句意 “下周参加考试”,可知表示将来的动作,故with 复合结构使用不定式。现在分词表示进行,过去分词表示完成。表示“忙于……”时,busy 后用doing sth.或with sth.。故选A项。Ⅵ. 1. 解析:& 选C。 主旨大意题。通过文章可以看出,作者先讲述了消化不良怎样影响体重,进而又介绍了带着压力吃东西可以造成消化不良,故选C。2. 解析:& 选B。 细节理解题。从第一段的第三句“We give it to ourselves through the way we eat.”可知,很多人为了消除紧张或焦虑的情绪吃饭,才是消化不良的祸端。3. 解析:& 选A。 推理判断题。从第二段的第四句“At those times of stress, the body can take in food and process some of it, but digestion doesnt work correctly to digest all the nutritional goodness from the food.”得知,它会导致不能吸收食物中的全部营养。4. 解析:& 选C。 推理判断题。从第三段可知,人们在压力下进食,消化系统就会运作不正常,造成身体不能吸收食物中的营养成分,反而会吸收更多的脂肪和能量,于是就有可能会变胖。但是文章中并没有提到人在有压力的情况下吃的会少,故选C项。5. 解析:& 选C。 推理判断题。根据文章最后一段可知,药物虽然能减轻压力,但不能从根本解决问题,可排除B;根据文章倒数第二段最后一句“The good news is that its easy to make some corrections and get rid of stress at mealtimes.”可知,此问题是能够根除的。故选C。Ⅶ.1. smoke→smoked2. surprising→surprised3.√4.Took→Taking5. 去掉at6. 在straight后加to7. could→must8. opened→open9. police→policemen10. 去掉was或was→had必修4Module 4 Great ScientistsⅠ. 单词拼写1. Everyone else caught the disease, but I e&& .2. She was the v&&& of a road accident. 3. According to the rules of the work you should prefer quality to q&& .4. With new technology used in a&&&& more crops are produced.5. While watching the performance, the children cheered and c&&& their hands.6. He is a&&&&&&&& (主要的) figure in the rice growing world.7.The&&&&&&&& (本来的)owner of the house was the Duke of Wellington. 8. The new car is&&&&&&& (出口) to other countries.9. Stephen Hawking is a very&&&&&&&& (才华横溢的) disabled scientist. 10. Scientists have made a great&&&&&&&& (突破) in gene engineering.Ⅱ. 辨析填空A. escape/escape from/flee1. In the great fire, he was lucky to&&&&&&& being killed.2. You can not&&&&&&& the fact that there are many difficulties before you.3. The enemy soldiers were&&&&&&& in all directions but few of them could&&&&&&& .4. We had to break the door out to&&&&&&&& the fire. B. result in/result from/as a result/as a result of1. I was caught in the rain last night,&&&&&& , I’ve had a bad cold.2.&&&&&&&&& a serious illness, she could not move her left leg.3. The accident&&&&&&& careless driving.4. Some of the houses were destroyed&&&&&&& the flood.5. The traffic accident&&&&&&& three deaths.C. bring up/bring in/bring about/bring out/bring back1. How much do you suppose this set of equipment will&&&&&&& ?2. Nearly all educators believe that a challenging situation can often&&&&&&& the best qualities of a person.3. His new suggestion&&&&&&& at the meeting. 4. His story&&&&&&&& our happy childhood together. 5. Science has&&&&&&& many changes in our lives.Ⅲ. 用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空1. Don’t use words, expressions, or phrases&&&&&&&& (know) only to people with specific knowledge.2. Such&&&&&&& (be) the case, I couldn’t help but&&&&&&& (support) him.3. In the face of big fire in October in California, many people in the fire-struck areas moved out to escape&&&&&&& (burn).4. It is generally considered that Gilbert&&&&&&& (discover) electricity while Edison& (invent) the electric light bulb.5. They now have a good government&&&&&&& (support) by all the people. Ⅳ. 翻译句子1. 这两个人因为在发展较高产量杂交水稻中努力工作而受到尊重。(be honoured for)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2. 由于这两位杰出科学家做出的贡献和努力工作,他们在两个大陆成百万人的生活中产生了很大影响。(make a difference to)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 3. 他们正在完整地记录自然保护区内所有的植物。(make a list of)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 4. 保持身体健康的秘诀是有规律的吃饭和睡觉。(the& key to ...) &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5. 在过去,他以每天搬运10个小时的砖块谋生。(earn one’s living)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Ⅴ. 单项填空从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. You’re fortunate enough to escape&&&&&&& for drunken driving, but don’t drink again.A. fittingB. to fineC. being finedD. to be fined2. To get different views, could I&&&&&&& some experts to attend the programme?A. bring inB. bring aboutC. bring upD. bring out3. With the fast development of economy, a lot of farmlands were&&&&&&& to industrial, residential or other uses.A. replacedB. convertedC. madeD. returned4. Ever since that political congress&&&&&&& last year took many effective measures to develop economy, great changes of people’s life have&&&&&& .A. taken placeB. been taken placeC. been taken placeD. taken place5. A new library&&&&&&& downtown. They hope to complete it by the end of this year.A. is being builtB. has been builtC. will be builtD. is building6. This morning he got up very late,&&&&&& which he missed the early bus and was late for class. A. as a resultB. becauseC. asD. as a result of 7.&&&&&& food and vegetables&&&&&&& southern China where people have being suffered from snow storms since mid-January.A. L are sent toB. A are sent toC. P is sent toD. A are sent to8. Mother’s face&&&&&& at the news that her daughter had been admitted to a key middle school.A. cleaned upB. cleared upC. cleaned outD. cleared out9. Having good&&&&&&& relationships is a most important thing for people in the modern society. A. personnel B. privateC. individual D. personal10. Her&&&&&&& plan was to stay here for a month, but she had to leave after two weeks.A. special B. stapleC. personal D. originalⅥ. 完形填空阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。I think that sleeping is the most wonderful thing in the world. While 1&& I do nothing, but close my eyes, leaving all my work behind. In fact, I 2&&&& get up early nearly every morning.My classes begin at 8:00, but the teacher asks us to arrive before 7:15 so we have 3&&& time to prepare for the class. If you are 4&& , you’ll lose one point. And when you reach 10 5&& , parents’ visit to school will be a must. Though I think its 6&& , I still don’t want to lose any points.One morning, my alarm clock 7&& . I woke up with a 8&&& and found that it was already 7:00. What was worse. I lost six points in a 9&& , that is to say, I was late every day that week. My teacher said that he 10&&& me to be late. My friends joked that my 11&&& was coming soon. I finally 12&&& to do something. I bought a new 13&& . It sings songs on time, 14&& I shut it down.It’s perfect for a lazy cat like me. The first time I 15&& it I successfully got up at 6:00 the next morning. Proud of 16&& , I took a deep breath and found that the early morning air is surprisingly 17&& . I did some reading, finding that English is really beautiful. I hadn’t realized 18&&& that the morning is so wonderful.“Life is 19&&& a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Just as Forrest Gump said, sometimes we should break our 20&& . You may find that a new way can change things for the better.1. A. tired B. asleep C. silent D. awake2. A. shall B. can C. used to D. have to3. A. enough B. no C. Many D. any4. A. lazy B. sleepy C. late D. noisy5. A. times B. points C. days D. classes6. A. surprising B. impossibleC. interesting D. boring7. A. failed B. lied C. sounded D. disappeared8. A. jump B. thought C. start D. dream9. A. class B. day C. week D. month10. A. believed B. expected C. advised D. hoped11. A. exam B. mistake C. duty D. day12. A. decided B. wanted C. offered D. tried13. A. alarm clock B. schoolbagC. watch&&&&&& D. bike14. A. as if B. if C. even if D. only if15. A. had B. used C. watched D. bought16. A. itself B. them C. myself D. us17. A. cool& B. warmC. comfortable& D. fresh18. A. after B. yet C. ago D. before19. A. as B. like C. from D. with20. A. rules B. ideas C. habits D. dreamsⅦ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Alexander Fleming was born in Scotland in 1881. He left school when he wa for a few years he worked in a shopping company. When he was about twenty years old, an uncle died and left him some money.At his elder brother’s advice, he took an entrance examination for medical school. He passed brilliantly and joined St. Mary’s Hospital in London. There he met Sir Almroth Wright and that meeting changed the course of his life. When he graduated, he joined Wright’s laboratory staff instead of going into private practice as he had earlier intended.During the First World War, he served in the Royal Army Medical Corps and was shocked by what he saw in France. Hundreds of wounded soldiers, with bacteria crawling in their wounds, were brought to his hospital. But there was little he could do for them as the antiseptics in use then were not effective for deep wounds.& He was horrified by the suffering and the numerous deaths, but Fleming was a determined man full of courage and he vowed to discover something that would kill these bacteria and save lives.After the war he continued his research. Fo then in September 1928 he made one of the greatest discoveries of all time. He had been growing colonies of bacteria in flat, open dishes. A few days later he saw that mould had settled in one of the dishes. However, he did not instead he examined it and saw that no bacteria grew near the mould. “Had the mould killed the bacteria?” he asked himself.A chemical from the mould had done just that. Fleming later named this chemical penicillin. Thus one of the greatest achievements of man had taken place.But penicillin was not immediately used―years were to pass before that happened. More knowledge about the drug was gained and in 1941 many people were successfully treated. Before long penicillin was produced on a large scale, and during the Second World War it helped save thousands of wounded soldiers.1. When Fleming was around twenty years of age, he ______.A. worked in a shipping companyB. received some money from his uncle who had diedC. joined Wrights laboratory staffD. served in the Royal Army Medical Corps2. During the First World War, Fleming was horrified by ______. A. the lack of proper useful things in hospitalsB. the lack of antiseptics available for deep woundsC. the suffering and numerous deaths of the soldiers brought to the hospitalD. the amount of bacteria crawling about in the wounds of the patients 3. Fleming decided to ______.A. discover penicillinB. invent a new antisepticC. help lessen the suffering of the woundedD. discover something that would kill the bacteria and save lives4. In the third paragraph the underlined word “vow” means “______”.A. 发誓& B. 高兴 C. 不愿& D. 放弃5. Which of the following titles BEST sums up the passage?A. A Strange ChemicalB. Killing the BacteriaC. AntisepticsD. The Discovery of PenicillinModule 4& Great ScientistsJ基础操练Ⅰ. 1. escaped 2. victim 3. quantity4. agriculture 5. clapped 6. leading7. original 8. exported9. brilliant 10. breakthrough& Ⅱ. A. 1. escape 2. escape3. escape 4. escape fromB. 1. as a result 2. As a result of3. resulted from 4. as a result of5. resulted inC. 1. brin g in 2. bring out3. was brought up 4. brought back5. brought aboutⅢ. 1. known 2. support3. being burnt 4. invented5. supportedⅣ. 1. Both men were honoured for their work in the development of new hybrid rice plants which produce higher yields.2. Because of their dedication and hard work, the two outstanding scientists have really made a difference to the lives of millions of people in two continents.3. They are making a complete list of all the plants in the nature reserve.4. The key to keeping good health is to eat and sleep regularly. 5. In the past, he earned his living by carrying bricks ten hours a day.J提升练习Ⅴ.1. 解析:& 选C。考查动词escape的用法。escape+n./pron./v.ing表示“逃避、逃脱;避免做……”;escape being done表示“避免被……”。fine与主语you之间是被动关系,故选C。2. 解析:& 选A。考查动词短语辨析。bring in 赚钱,引进,让参加; bring about 导致,造成;bring up 提出,养育;bring out 阐明,推出。句意为:为了得到不同的观点,我可以让一些专家参加这个节目吗?故选A项。3. 解析:& 选B。replace代替,取代,通常与with连用;convert改变,转变,比较正式;return归还,回来。4. 解析:& 选D。考查非谓语动词和语态。句意为:自从去年上台执政的政党采取了很多发展经济的措施,人们的生活发生了很大变化。在ever since引导的从句中,took是句子的谓语,come to power (上台执政)在句中作定语,与被修饰词congress是逻辑主谓关系,故用现在分词表示主动;take place (发生)无被动语态。故选D项。5. 解析:& 选A。考查时态和语态。由提供的信息“They hope to complete it by the end of this year”可知,图书馆应是正在(被)建设中,故用现在进行时的被动语态。 6. 解析:& 选D。在这个复合句中,which 引导非限定性定语从句,代替整个主句的内容,并作as a result of的宾语。A、B两项均不可接宾语;as 作介词,意为“作为”,与句意不符。7. 解析:& 选A。考查主谓一致。large quantities of/a large quantity of, plenty of都既可以修饰可数名词又可以修饰不可数名词。区别是:“large quantities / a large quantity of+n.” 作主语时, 谓语动词的单复数依据quantity的单复数而定,而不看它所修饰的名词;“plenty of+n.”作主语时, 谓语动词的单复数依据后面所接的名词的单复数而定。a great deal of 只可修饰不可数名词,作主语时,谓语动词用单数。&& 8. 解析:& 选B。考查动词短语辨析。clean up 打扫干净;clear up (天)放晴;(脸色)开朗起来;clean out 把(房间、抽屉等)弄干净整洁;清除;clear out 清理;走开。根据句意选B项。9. 解析:& 选D。personnel人事;private私人的;individual个别的,个人的;good personal relationship良好的个人关系,符合题意。10. 解析:& 选D。考查形容词词义辨析。special 特殊的;staple 主要的;personal 个人的;original 最初的。句意为:她最初的计划是在这儿住上一个月,但是,两周后她就不得不离开了。故选D项。Ⅵ.1. 解析:& 选B。从第一句及下文所交代的语境看,此处只能是“睡着的”。2. 解析:& 选D。从第二段中的第一句可知,此处应为客观上的,表示“我不得不早起”。3. 解析:& 选A。由文意可知,八点上课,七点十五前到,应是我们有“足够的”时间为上课作准备。4. 解析:& 选C。从下文的语境不难推出,此处谈论的是“迟到”。5. 解析:& 选B。从上文中的“point”可知答案应为B项。6. 解析:& 选D。前两句所说的情况肯定是作者所不喜欢的,D项恰当地表达了作者的心情。7. 解析:& 选A。由下文作者谈到起床时已经七点了。因此,可以判定因为闹钟出“故障”,作者起晚了。8. 解析:& 选C。此处介词“with”表示原因,意为“我猛地一惊而醒来”合乎逻辑。9. 解析:& 选C。从下文的提示句“I was late every day that week”可知答案为C。10. 解析:& 选B。由于“我”多次迟到,老师能“料到”我迟到。11. 解析:& 选D。上文提到“parents’ visit to school”,显然,朋友开玩笑说“我”的“死期”到了,其他选项均不符合这一语境。12. 解析:& 选A。从下文作者的行动看,该行动是其“决定”后的结果。13. 解析:& 选A。从上文闹钟出了故障,以及下文“It sings songs on time”可判断出作者买了一个新闹钟。14. 解析:& 选C。句意为:即使我关闭了闹钟铃声开关,它还会到时自动响铃。其他选项不符合语境。15. 解析:& 选B。根据句意“第一次使用它我就成功地在第二天早晨的六点钟起床了”,用used最为恰当。16. 解析:& 选C。通过“a lazy cat like me”和“I successfully got up”的对比,显然是,“作者为自己感到自豪”最为合理。17. 解析:& 选D。该句中的连词and表承接关系。因此通过“took a deep breath”自然 必修4Module 5 A Trip Along the Three GorgesⅠ. 单词拼写1. The driver has been f&&& to drive because he caused two deaths in the accident yesterday.2. I live in a house with trees s&&&& it.3. She has achieved great success, and she is at the p&&& of her career. 4. David and I are c&& . We work in the same company. 5. The stories about King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table are l&&& not history.6. We left on the following morning and sailed _______(向下游) through a fertile region.7. In this country, more people live in _______ (海岸) areas than inland.8. This is the_______ (地点) where he was murdered.9. The child was surprised to see an oil tanker _______ (驶过) by.10. Our geography teacher said that Qinghai-Tibet& _______ (高原) is the highest in the world. Ⅱ. 辨析填空A.view/scene/sight/scenery1. There is a happy _______ of children playing in the garden. 2. There I can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful _______ of the sea.3. Such an unusual _______ had already become the most realistic reflection of society.4. I don’t know you live on the top- you must have a great _______ everyday.B. be going to/be about to/be to1. I _______ go to bed when the telephone rang.2. The meeting _______ held the coming week. 3. We_______& have a picnic tomorrow. 4. Look, it _______ rain.C.mostly/mainly/almost/most1. _______ people don’t think of tea as an exciting drink. 2. Preparation of the budget is a complex political process, beginning _______ a year in advance.3. Houses in the small village are _______ made of stone.4. For humans and other creatures that live _______ by day, the night could almost be another planet.Ⅲ. 用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空1. The headmaster is now giving a wonderful lecture _______ (surround) by his students. 2. I’m sorry but you are not forbidden _______ (play) here. 3. I _______ (stick) for an hour on my way home this afternoon. 4. How about the two of us _______ (take) a walk down the garden?5. Though this area is rich in natural resources, they will be used up soon if& _______ (exploit) too much.Ⅳ. 完成句子1. 我们在远处能看到大坝的建筑工地。We can see the construction site of the dam _______ _______ _______.2. 无论谁违背这些规则都要受到惩罚。Whoever_______ _______ _______ _______& will be punished.3. 我从游览了很多漂亮的地方和经历了不同的文化中得到了乐趣。I have_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ visiting so many beautiful places and experiencing different cultures. 4. 他逐题检查。He_______& _______the exercises one by one.5. 他父母禁止他玩电脑游戏。His parents _______ him_______ _______computer games.Ⅴ. 单项填空从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. ― Sunny said you were crazy about basketball, really?― Yes. And that’s why I join the volunteers for the Olympic Games and I really _______volunteering.A. get hold of& B. get along withC. get away with& D. get a kick out of2. Liu Xiang found himself _______ by reporters and his fans on his arrival at the airport.A. surrounding& B. surroundedC. being surrounded& D. to surround3. Doctor Wang_______ at seven o’clock for the conference, but she didn’t turn up. A. should have arrived& B. should arriveC. should be arrived&&& D. should be arriving4. We allow_______ in the woods but anyone is forbidden _______here.A. to smoke& B. smokingC. smoking&& D. to smoke5. Some children were seen _______in the garden all the morning. It must have been _______who picked the flowers.A. they B. theyC. them D. them6. _______ you have tried yourself can you learn what an exciting game it is!A. Only if& B. Even ifC. If only& D. As if7. Do you know that Britain trades _______ many European countries _______ furs and skins?A. of&& B. inC. of D. with8. It’s required that mineral resources_______ hand in hand with the local environment protection.A. be exploited& B. exploitC. have exploited D. exploited9. ― What _______ the children be doing?―They _______ be playing a game called Bingo.A. can& B. mightC. might D. can10. John told me he’d like to go hiking with me, his voice _______joy.A. was heavy with& B. was full ofC. heavy with& D. full withⅥ. 阅读理解 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。AA famous American John Muir said in 1898: “The Grand Canyon ...as unearthly(神秘的) in the colour and grandeur (壮观) of its architecture as if you had found it after death on some other star.” Like Muir, those of us who stand along the rim are prompted to wonder about the unearthliness and the forces that created and are still changing this place.After more than 100 years of studies, many things are still mysterious. Today visitors come by the thousands ― the great and simple of the earth ― all in a spirit of wonder. Travelers come from every state of the Union, from every country in Europe and Asia.From the depths of the canyon comes silence. Seldom can you hear the roar of the river, for all sounds are swallowed in this gulf of space. “It makes one want to murmur.” A woman once whispered to her companion. This silence is not
rather, it is a presence. It is like a great piece of music. But music made of man works up to a climax(高潮) and stops.Now, visitors to the South Rim alone may number 18,000 in a single day. Some of that number will travel by mule train down Bright Angel Trail to the canyon’s floor, cross the raging river by a suspension bridge and walk to the North Rim. Though the two rims face each other across only 12 miles, it is a journey of 214 miles by car from one to the other. Nor can you visit the North R some 1,200 feet higher than the South Rim, it is snow covered much of the year except in July and August.But there is no day that you may not visit the South Rim and find the sun warm on your face and the air perfumed with the incense(香气) of smoke from an Indian hearth(香炉). No wonder an American writer and journalist said, “I came here an atheist(无神论者), and departed a devout(虔诚的)believer.”1. What is it that attracts so many travelers to the Grand Canyon?A. The unearthliness and the grandeur of its architecture.B. The presence of American super stars.C. The saying made by American writers and journalists.D. The roaring of the river in the Canyon.2. What does the underlined word “simple” refer to?A. peaceful stream& B. land surfaceC. common people&&& D. tamed animals3. If you want to visit the North Rim from the South Rim, which of the following won’t be the way of traveling for you?A. By train.&&&&& B. By animal.C. By car.&&&&&&& D. On foot.4. The last sentence “I came here an atheist, and departed a devout believer.” implies that _______. A. natural wonders such as the Canyon have some effect on human activitiesB. all visitors to the Grand Canyon are God believersC. atheist can’t see the magnificence of the Grand CanyonD. the Grand Canyon is an unearthly sight that only God could createBLeaf Rapids, the small town in northern Manitoba that was the first in Canada to ban plastic shopping bags, is now turning its attention to gas-powered vehicles.Ed Charrier, the town’s leader, wants local people to drive electric cars around town to reduce greenhouse gases. “Why would you start your gas-powered vehicle for a two-second ride when you could jump in an electric car?” asked Charrier, who plans to buy his own electric car next spring.While he doesn’t plan to ban gas-powered automobiles, he will promote energy-saving electric cars. The town of 600 people is only about three kilometres from end to end, with homes, shops, parks and a lake connected by a network of roads.Charrier said they’re examining some incentives for residents to try to electric cars that can travel about 70 kilometres before the batteries need recharging.Hundreds of officials from towns and cities across North America have called to ask about Leaf Rapids’ historic by-law (地方法规)& that banned plastic bags last April. The town was getting so many calls that it posted the by-law on its website.“I never ever dreamt that it would be this& big,” said Charrier. Tofino, another town in Canada, followed Leaf Rapids’ example and banned plastic bags. The Ontario Environment Ministry has asked people to reduce their plastic bag use by 50 per cent over the next five years.Leaf Rapids’ move also caused threats of legal action from the Canadian Plastics Industry Association. “It’s our opinion that Leaf Rapids’ actions are illegal,” Association spokeswoman Cathy Circo said. But nothing has come of it, Charrier added.Circo noted that Leaf Rapids has only a half-dozen stores so its ban would be difficult to replicate(效仿) elsewhere.The plastics industry supports voluntary reductions as well as reuse and recycling programmes, Circo said.5. According to Ed Charrier, driving electric cars in Leaf Rapids is _______.A. common and comfortableB. safe and fashionableC. convenient and popularD. eco-friendly and economical6. Leaf Rapids’ by-law that banned plastic bags _______.A. caused many problemsB. was questioned by its residentsC. attracted lots of attentionD. caused legal action from the plastics industry7. By saying “nothing has come of it” in the seventh paragraph, Ed Charrier means that the Canadian Plastics Industry Association _______.A. hasn’t taken his town to courtB. hasn’t started any recycling programmesC. has won no legal support from courtD. pays no attention to the protection of environment8. Which of the following is the opinion of Cathy Circo?A. It is easy for Leaf Rapids to ban plastic shopping bags.B. It is illegal for Leaf Rapids to ban gas-powered cars.C. The government should take measures to limit the use of plastic bags.D. The most convenient means of transport in Leaf Rapids is the electric car.9. What’s the main idea of the passage?A. A small town is banning plastic shopping bags.B. A small town is planning to ban gas-powered vehicles.C. A small town is taking measures to protect the environment.D. A small town has become the biggest enemy of the plastics industry.Module 5 A Trip Along the Three Gorges J基础操练Ⅰ.1. forbidden 2. surrounding3. peak 4. colleagues5. legends 6. downstream7. coastal 8. spot9. sailing 10. Plateau Ⅱ. A. 1. scene 2. scenery3. sight 4. viewB. 1. was about to 2. is to be3. are going to 4. is going toC. 1. Most 2. almost3. mostly 4. mainlyⅢ. 1. surrounded 2. to play3. got (be) stuck 4. taking5. exploited Ⅳ. 1. in the distance2. is against the rules3. got a kick out of4. went through5. forbid/ to playJ提升练习Ⅴ.1. 解析:选D。考查get的短语辨析。get hold of 抓住;掌握;得到;get along with 友好/和睦相处;取得进展;get away with 逃脱;get a kick out of 乐于;从……中得到乐趣。由“I join the volunteers for the Olympic Games”可知“我乐于做志愿者工作”,故选D项。2. 解析:选B。考查“find+复合宾语”结构。 surround与himself为被动关系,故用过去分词作宾语补足语,表示被动或状态。3. 解析:选A。考查情态动词。“should/could+动词的完成式”常用来表示“本应该/能够做某事,而实际上并没有做”, 通常表示遗憾,埋怨之意。其否定形式表示“本不应该/不可能做某事,而实际上却已经做了”。4. 解析: 选D。考查allow和forbid的用法。allow和forbid后接sb. to do或直接加v.ing作宾语,此处forbid使用了被动语态形式,即将forbid sb. to do中的sb.提前作主语。故选D项。5. 解析:选A。看到孩子们在花园里玩绝不会是整个过程,因为如果看到整个过程就知道他们是否摘花了。第二个句子是强调句型,强调的是主语,故用they。6. 解析:选A。考查状语从句。only if 只有引导条件状语从句,且从句位于句首时主句才用部分倒装。even if 即使;if only 要是……就好了;as if 好像,通常使用虚拟语气。7. 解析:选B。考查trade的用法。表示“与某人在某方面做生意”时应该用trade with sb. in sth.。8. 解析:选A。考查虚拟语气。require后的从句应用虚拟语气,即should+动词原形,其中should可省略。根据句意可知,resources与exploit之间为被动关系,故选A。句意为:资源开发与保护当地的环境应同步进行。9. 解析:选B。考查情态动词can和might的用法。can表示潜在的可能性,用于否定和疑问句中表示猜测;might表示客观的可能性,常用于肯定句和否定句中表示猜测。10. 解析:选C。考查独立结构。根据句子结构可知,his voice ...joy应为句子的状语部分, 可排除A、B两项;his voice heavy with joy为“n.+ adj.”构成的独立结构,作状语,表示伴随情况,故选C项。Ⅵ. 1. 解析:选A。细节理解题。短文第一段约翰缪尔所说的“科罗拉多大峡谷在色彩上神秘莫测,景观上是壮丽无比,只有在人死之后,在天堂里才能见到”,由此可知科罗拉多大峡谷吸引游客的是它的神秘和壮美。2. 解析:选C。推理判断题。由前面的the great(伟人,大人物)联想猜测可知,the simple是“普通老百姓”。3. 解析:选A。细节理解题。由第四段可知:by mule train(骑骡子),walk和by car,只是没有提到train(火车)。4. 解析:选D。推理判断题。此句表面意义是:我来时是无神论,离开时却是一个虔诚的信徒。用此句来表达科罗拉多大峡谷是一个神奇的地方,只有上帝才能创造出如此神秘壮丽的景色。5. 解析:选D。细节理解题。Ed Charrier希望小镇居民驾驶电动汽车,这样可以减少温室气体的排放量,所以他肯定认为这样做是环保的;Leaf Rapids方圆只有三公里,Ed Charrier说“Why would you start your gaspowered vehicle for a twosecond fide...?”所以他认为这么短的路程没必要开汽油车,而应该使用节约能源的电动汽车(he will promote energysaving electric cars),既然是energysaving,肯定是省钱的、经济的。故D项正确。6. 解析:选C。推理判断题。在第五、六段提到,有数以百计的地方官员打电话到Leaf Rapids询问该地方法规的情况,甚至有地方进行效仿,对此Ed Charrier说“I never ever dreamt that it would be this big”,由此可推知该地方法规反响很大,引起了许多人的关注,故C项正确。7. 解析:选A。句意理解题。对于Leaf Rapids的做法,加拿大塑料制品产业协会只是发出了提起法律诉讼的威胁。其发言人Cathy Circo在讲话中只是说:我们认为Leaf Rapids的所作所为是不合法的。他们只是对Leaf Rapids的做法表达了是否合法的疑问和不满,并没有采取实际的法律行动,故A项正确。8. 解析:选A。推理判断题。文章倒数第二段提到“Circo noted that Leaf Rapids has only a half-dozen stores...”可推断Circo认为在Leaf Rapids禁止使用塑料袋是较容易的。9. 解析:选C。主旨大意题。全文主要讲了加拿大北部小镇Leaf Rapids继禁止使用塑料袋后推出又一保护环境的措施。必修4Module 6 Unexplained Mysteries of the Natural WorldⅠ. 单词拼写1. In Welsh, the red dragon on the flag is a positive symbol, i&&& strength and a sense of national identity.2. Many beautiful fishes are fast d&&& because of the severe pollution.3. Bob is so d&& . He must have failed again.4. His recent discoveries have added to his r&&&& in the field of science.5. Your uncle is very g&&& to buy you that car for your birthday.6. The c(破坏) of the railway by the floods was a big loss for the country.7. I’m rather ______ (怀疑的) about their so-called sympathy for the poor.8. I can hardly ______ (生存)on the wage I’m getting, there is no money for entertainment.9. There is something______ (神秘的) about the childhood of this famous writer.10. The doctor predicted that the disease that often ______ (侵袭)children would be prevented.Ⅱ. 辨析填空A. die away/die of/die from/die out/die down1.As a UN report warns, animals ______ at a speed 100 times faster now than any time in the past.2.It took a long time before the excitement ______. 3.The old man ______ sadness after his son’s death.4.The soldier ______ a wound in the breast.5.The

我要回帖

更多关于 outstanding value 的文章

随机推荐