高考英语定语从句和名词性从句讲解与综合训练(附答案)
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
高考英语定语从句和名词性从句讲解与综合训练(附答案)
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 19:27:19
I don’t know where he will go.
Where he will go is unknown.
The problem is how we can get so much money.
We all feel sorry about the news that he failed in the game.
whetherif“”ifwhether
&& whetherif
(1)Whether he has won the tennis is not known.(
It is not known whether/if he has won the tennis).
(2)The problem is whether he can get a job.
(3)I have no idea whether he will come.
(4)whetherI worry about whether I hurt her feelings.
That he got the first place in the competition surprised all of us.
“It is suggested/proposed/ordered/a pity/no wonder/necessary/strange/…
that”thatshoulddo
It is suggested that we(should) improve the relations between us.
It is a pity that one(should) stay in one place all ones life.
It is strange that she should have failed to see her own shortcomings.
“The reason why…is that…”thatbecause.
The reason why he didnt go to school yesterday is that he was ill.
thatwhatwhatthe
thing(s) that.
It was told in yesterdays newspaper that what the students had done was praised
&&&&& by the factory.
I know that he will study.
I know what he will study.
That he works hard at his lessons is known to us all.
What he works hard at is known to us all.
All I ask is that you should tell the truth./He is not what(the person that)he
used to be.
where“the place where”,“the place where”
Where(The place where)she has gone is still unknown.
Would you please tell me where(the place where) Mr Smith lives?
Your dictionary remains where(in/at the place where)you put.
Have you any idea where(of the place where) she is spending her holidays?
I know where he lives./Please tell me what her name is.
Whats the matter with him?&&&& She asked me what was the matter with him.
Who looks after your grandfather?&&& He asked me who looked after my grandfather.
1They want to know ______ do to help us.&&& (NMET)
&& A. what they can&&& B. how they can&&& C. how can they&&& D. what can they
&& CDhow they can dodo
&& Awhat they can do“
2His teacher ______ he ______ bright and ______ he was worth teaching.
&& A.didn’that&&&&&&& B.whether
&& C.didn’×&&&&&&&&& D.wasnt;×
&& thinkandthatthatCDBA“”A
3______ is done cannot be undone.
&& A.How&&& B.That&&& C.What&&& D.Where
&& A.How,D.WhereBthatwhat(the thing that),“”
4Take care ______ you dont make mistakes in the coming exam.
&& A.of that&&& B.about that&&& C.for what&&& D.that
&& take care“”“”that“
5To his surprise,the umbrella was not ______ he had put.
&& A.which&&& B.where&&& C.the place&&& D.that
&& was notwherein/at the place where,“”CAD
6______ we cant get seems better than ______ we have.&
&& A.what&&& B.that&&& C.that&&& D.what
&& “”“A seems better that B”whatthe thing(s) thatA
7______ we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather.&&
&& A.If&&& B.Whether&&& C.That&&& D.Where
&& depends“”Whether,IfB
8______ they are most interested in is ______ they can produce more and better cars.
A.Thow&&& B.Whow&&& C.Wwhat&&& D.Tthat
is“”what;ishow“”B
9He made a suggestion that the English test ______ until next Wednesday.
A.will be put off&&& B.be put off&&& C.will put off&&& D.put off
suggestion,order,adivceshoulddotestput offB
10I dont think ______ he said something like that is right.
A.that&&& B.what&&& C.whether&&& D.when
he said something like thatthatA
that,which,who,whom,whose,whose
&& who,whom,whose,thatthat,which,whose.
&& The man who helped you is Mr White.(who)
&& That is the person(whom/who/that) you want to see.(whom,who,that
&& Im not the fool(that) you thought me to be.(that)
&& A dictionary is a useful book which(that) tells us the meaning of words(which
when()where(),why()
Would you suggest a time(when) we can have a talk?(when)
The house where they live is not very large./This is the reason why he did not came to the meeting.
whenwhereWell visit the factory which(that) makes radios.
(whichthatwhere)
They still remember the happy days(which/that) they spent in Beidaihe.
(whichthatspentwhen)
thatLi Pings father, who works in a factory, is an engineer./He tore up my photo, which made me very angry.(whichwhichas)
He is good at physics, as is known to us all.As is known to us all, he is good at physics.(asas is known/believed, as we all know/believeaswhich)
三、thatthat
He talked about the men and the books that attracted him.
any, every, only, very, all, noThese are the very points that interest me./Thats the only watch that I like most.
The first step that we are to take is very difficult./This is the second card that he gave me.
all,little,few,much,everything,anything,nothingThere is still much that can be done about it./Have you got everything that you need?
whoWho that have seen him does not like him?
1&&& Last night ,I saw a very good film,which was about the Long
2&& This is the man from whom I learnt the news
3thatthat&&& I have found that which I was looking for.
Who is the girl with whom you just shook hands?(shake hands with…)
He built a telescope through which he could study the skies.(through which through the telescope)
“”This is the watch which youre looking for./He is a kind of man whom you can safely depend on.
situationwhere,in whichCan you imagine a situation where/in
& which you can use the word?
way()in whichthathowDo you know the way(in which/that/how) he worked out the problem?
“the same”“such”“as”as
I have the same dictionary as you(have)./Such a book as you bought is not worth buying.
The best work ______ Luxun wrote and ______ I have read has been made into a film.
A.that&&& B.×&&& C.×;that&&& D.×;×
It was in 1969 ______ two Americans got to the moon by space ship.
It was 1969 ______ two Amerians got to the moon by space ship.
A.when&&& B.which&&& C.that&&& D.×
in 1969,“It wasthat”CIt1969A
Is this the house ______ Shakespeare was born?
A.at which&&& B.which&&& C.in which&&& D.at where
in whichwhere“”C
Is this house ______ Shakespeare was born?
A.where&&& B.which&&& C.in which&&& D.at which
This house is ______ Shakespeare was born.iswhere(the place where)“”A
In the dark street,there wasn’t a single person ______ she could turn for
&& help.&&&
&& A.to whom&&& B.of whom&&&& C.from whom&&& D.that
&& “”turn to
The two things ______ they felt very proud were Jims gold watch and Dellas
&& Aabout which&&& B.of which&&& C.in which&&& D.for which
&& be/feel proud ofB
Have you ever asked him the reason ______ may explain his being late.
A.why&&& B.that&&& C.for which&&& D.what
ACthe reason,Bwhat
Farming is difficult ______ there is no rain.
A.where&&& B.in place&&& C.that&&& D.the place where
difficultwhere(in the place where),“”A
We need the same machine ______ in your factory.
A.which is being used&&&&&&&&&& B.as is being used&&
&& C.that is being used&&&&&&&&&&& D.as it is being used
&& “the same”asB
10______ the people,not things ______ are most important.
A.Twho&&& B.Tthat&&& C.Ithat&&& D.Iwho
“It is (was)…that”
“It is…that”
The people,not things are most important.
1.______ surprised me most was the news ______ our team won.
& A.Tthat&&& B.Wwhich&&& C.Wthat&&& D.Twhich
2.This is the only book ______ I want to read.
& A.which&&& B.that&&& C.what&&& D.as
3.The reason ______ I am so late is ______ the bus.
& A.I didnt catch&&&&&&&&&& B.×;that I missed
& C.because I have missed&&&&& D.×;because my not catching
The problem ______ has been completely settled.
A.which you thought&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.that you thought&&&
C.about which you thought it&&&& D.that you thought about
Is this the taperecorder you wish ______?
A.to have it repaired&&&&&&&&&&& B.to repair it
C.to have repaired&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.repairing
The electric toy ______ last month has gone out of order.
A.I bought it for him&&&&&&&&&&& B.which I bought to him
C.I bought for him&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.that I bought to him
His head soon appeared out of one of the second storey windows,______ he oculd see nothing but tress.
A.frm which&&& B.from where&&& C.where&&&& D.from there
Every minute ______ full use of to study our lessons will do our students good.
A.which makes&&& B.that is made&&& C.that made&&& D.what is made
Will it be two months ______ we can get another one?
A.that&&& B.when&&& C.before&&& D.in which
10.After graduation we should go ______ our Party needs us most.
A.to the place which&&& B.in which&&& C.that&&& D.where
11.There is a popular belief among parents ______ schools are no louger interested
&& in handwriting.
& A.who&&& B.whose&&& C.that&&& D.which
12.He lent me a lot of maney,______ I couldn’t buy the TV set.
& A.with it&&& B.for which&&& C.without which&&& D.by which
13.Water power stations are bulit ______ big water falls.
& A.which are&&& B.which has&&& C.where there have&&& D.where there are
14.The direction ______ a force acts can be changed.
& A.how&&& B.which&&& C.towards&&& D.×
15.Was it yesterday ______ you received the letter from her?
& A.when& &&B.which&&& C.on which&&& D.that
16.In the end she decided to sell the house ______ windows were almost broken.
& A.which&&& B.that&&& C.of which&&& D.whose
17.That ______ you lent me wasn’t _____ I wanted.
& A.all&&& B.all&&& C.what&&& D.that
18.Each time ______ they met,they would talk long hours together.
& A.during&&& B.which&&& C.where&& D.×
19.This is the third week ______ for the rubbish.
& A.that they didn’t come&&&&&&&&&&& B.they aren’t coming&&
& C.they haven’t come&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&D.when they haven’t come
20.On the desk ______ a Chinese brush ______ he had made drawing.
& A.with which&&& B.by which&&& C.in which&&& D.on which
21.Well never forget the days ______ we spent on the seashore.
& A.during which&&& B.in which&&& C.when&&& D.×
22.The beautiful church ______ we see there is very famous.
& A.the tower which&&& B.of whose tower&&& C.the tower of which&&& D.of which tower
23.The 11th Asian Games, ______ China won 183 gold medals,was held in the autumn
& of 1990.
& A.which&&& B.that&&& C.at which&&& D.at that
24.The only thing ______ is wrong with this is ______ a friend of mine said to me
&& the other day.
& A.what&&& B.that&&& C.what&&& D.which
25.Who is he man ______ is talking with John?
& A.which&&&& B.who&&& C.what&&& D.that
26.The farmer uses wood to build a house ______ to store grains.
& A.with which&&& B.to where&&& C.which&&& D.in which
27.I really dont know ______ I had my pocket picked.
& A.where was it that&&&&&&&&& &B.it was where that
& C.where it was that&&&&&&&&&& D.was it where that
28.He insisted that he ______ right in doing that.
& A.should be&&& B.was&&& C.would be&&& D.is
29.――Have you heard from Mary recently?
&& ――Yes,she said she was thinking ______ she should do next.
& A.that&&& B.of what&&& C.what&&& D.how
30.Can you guess ______?
& A.who that man is&&&&&&&&&& B.who is that man&&&
& C.what is that man&&&&&&&&& D.whom that man is
31.Tom told his aunt that he ______ what he was doing during the time when he was
&& in the country.
& A.had just asked&&& B.had just been asked&&& C.was just asked&&& D.just asked
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章: 没有了
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)后使用快捷导航没有帐号?
您好,欢迎来到新东方社区!&nbsp&nbsp
查看: 523|回复: 0
UID11763积分1110主题帖子贡献907 银币347 阅读权限120在线时间22 小时注册时间最后登录
该用户从未签到帖子银币347 在线时间22 小时注册时间
一、概说名词性从句,即指具有名词性质的从句,它包括主语从句、宾语从句、表语从句和同位语从句。名词性从句是高中英语学习中的一个语法重点,也是历年高考重点考查的内容之一。学习名词性从句主要应注意其引导词的用法与区别,从句的词序以及名词性从句与其他从句的区别等。
二、主语从句1. 主语从句的引导词主语从句通常由连词that和whether、连接代词或连接副词以及关系代词型what引导:That he is still alive is a wonder. 他还活着,真是奇迹。When we arrive doesn’t matter. 什么时候到没有关系。What we need is money. 我们需要的是钱。What I want to know is this. 我想知道的就是这一点。Whether they would support us was a problem. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。
2. 主语从句与形式主语it有时为了考虑句子平衡,通常在主语从句处使用形式主语it,而将真正的主语从句移至句末。这分三种情况:(1) 对于以连词that引导的主语从句,通常用形式主语代主语从句:It’s a pity that he didn’t come. 很遗憾他没来。(2) 对于以连接代词(副词)引导的主语从句,可以使用形式主语代主语从句,也可直接在句首使用主语从句:Whether they would support us was a problem. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。It was a problem whether they would support us. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。(3) 对关系代词型what引导的主语从句,通常不用形式主语,总是主语从句放在句首:What we need is money. 我们需要的是钱。What I want to know is this. 我想知道的就是这一点。(4) 如果句子是疑问句,则必须用带形式主语it的结构:Is it true that he is the girl’s father? 他是那女孩的父亲,是真的吗?How is it that you are late again? 你怎么又迟到了?
3. 连词that的省略问题引导主语从句的连词that 有时可省,有时不能省,其原则是:若that引导的主语从句直接位于句首,则that不能省略;若that引导的主语从句位于句末,而在句首使用了形式主语it,则that则可以省略:That you didn’t go to the talk was a pity. 很遗憾你没去听报告。(that不可省)It was a pity (that) you didn’t go to the talk. 很遗憾你没去听报告。(that可省)
三、宾语从句1. 宾语从句的引导词宾语从句通常由连词that和whether (if)、连接代词或连接副词以及关系代词型what引导:We believe that he is honest. 我们相信他是诚实的。I don’t know whether he’ll arrive in time. 我不知道他是否能及时到。I don’t know who (m) you mean. 我不知道你指谁。He asked why he had to go alone. 他问他为什么必须一个人去。Please tell me which you like. 告诉我你喜欢哪一个。She has got what she wanted. 她要的东西得到了。注:有时介词后可接跟一个宾语从句(但介词后通常不接that和if引导的宾语从句):From what you say, he is right. 根据你所说的,他是对的。有极个别介词(如but, except)可接that引导的宾语从句:She remembered nothing about him except that his hair was black. 她对他什么都不记得,只记得他的头发是黑的。
2. 宾语从句与形式宾语it当宾语从句后跟有宾语补足语时,通常在宾语从句处使用形式宾语it,而将真正的宾语从句移至句末:I think it best that you should stay here. 我认为你最好住这儿。He hasn’t made it known when he is going to get married. 他还没宣布他何时结婚。
3. 连词that的省略问题引导宾语从句的连词that 通常可以省略:She said (that) she would come to the meeting. 她说过要来开会的。I promise you (that)I will be there. 我答应你我会去。注:有时为了强调,that引导的宾语从句可位于句首,此时that不可省略:That she is a good girl I know. 她是一个好姑娘,我是知道的。
4. 宾语从句与否定转移当动词think, believe, suppose, expect, imagine 后接一个表示否定意义的宾语从句时,其否定通常转移到主语:I don’t suppose that it is true. 我认为那不是真的。I don’t imagine that he will come. 我想他不会来的。
四、表语从句1. 表语从句的引导词引导表语从句的词有连词that, whether,连接代词和连接副词,关系代词型what,以及as if, as though, because等连词:The fact is that he doesn’t really try. 事实是他没有做真正的努力。The question is whether the film is worth seeing. 问题是这部电影是否值得看。The problem is how we can find him. 问题是我们如何找到他。That was when I was fifteen. 这是我15岁时发生的事。It isn’t as if you were going away for ever. 义不是你离开不回来了。It is because I love you too much. 那是因为我太爱你了。注:whether 可此导表语从句,但与之同义的if却通常不用于引导表语从句;because 可引导表语从句,但与之同义的since, as, for等也不用于引导表语从句。
2. 连词that的省略问题引导表语从句的that通常不省略,但在口语或非正式文体中有时也可省略:My idea is (that) we should do it right away. 我的意见是我们应该马上干。The trouble is (that) he is ill. 糟糕的是他病了。
五、同位语从句1. 同位语从句的引导词引导同位语从句的词语通常有连词that,whether,连接代词和连接副词等:We heard the news that our team had won. 我们听到消息说我们队赢了。They were worried over the fact that you were sick. 他们为你生病发愁。I have no idea when he will come back. 我不知道他什么时候回来。There is some doubt whether he will come. 他是否会来还不一定。The question whether it is right or wrong depends on the result. 这个是对还是错要看结果。注:whether 可引导同位语从句,但if不能引导同位语从句
2. 同位语从句与定语从句的区别:(1) 意义的不同:同位语从句是用于说明所修饰名词的具体内容的,它与被修饰词语通常可以划等号;而定语从句是限制所修饰名词的,它的作用是将所修饰的名词与其他类似的东西区别开来:We are glad at the news that he will come. 听到他要来这个消息我们很高兴。(news的内容就是that he will come,故that引导的是同位语从句)We are glad at the news that he told us. 听到他告诉我们的这个消息我们很高兴。(that从句是限制the news的内容的,即我们高兴只是因为他告诉的这个news而不是其他的news,故that从句为定语从句)(2) 引导词的不同:what, how, if, whatever 等可引导名词性从句,但不引导定语从句。(3) 引导词的功能上的不同:that引导同位语从句时,它不充当句子成分,而引导定语从句时,它作为关系代词,要么充当定语从句的主语,要么充当定语从句的宾语。如上例 that he told us中的that就充当told的宾语。(4) 被修饰词语的区别:同位语从句所修饰的名词比较有限,通常有hope, wish, idea, news, fact, promise, opinion, suggestion, truth等,而定语从句所修饰的名词则非常广泛。 另外,when和where 引导定语从句时,通常只修饰表示时间和地点的名词,而它们引导同位语从句时却不一定;又如why引导定语从句,它通常只修饰名词the reason,而它引导同位语从句时则不一定:I have no idea when they will come . 我不知道他们什么时候来。(同位语从句)I’ll never forget the days when I lived there.. 我永远不会忘记我住在那儿的日子。(定语从句)We don’t understand the problem why this is the best choice. 我们不明白这个问题,为什么这是最好的选择。(同位语从句 )The reason why he didn’t come to the meeting is that he is ill. 他未能来开会,原因是他生病了。(定语从句)
六、名词性从句中两个易错问题1. 词序问题名词性从句总是用陈述句词序,则不能使用疑问句词序,尤其是当名词性从句由“疑问词”引导时,不能受疑问句的影响而误用疑问句词序:误:I didn’t know where did he live.正:I didn’t know where he lived. 我不知道他住哪儿。误:Who will he marry remains unknown.正:Who he will marry remains unknown. 他同谁结婚还不知道。
2. 时态问题由于由when引导的时间状语从句和以if引导的条件状语从句要用现在时表示将来意义,而不能直接使用将来时态,所以许多同学容易受此影响在when和if引导名词性从句时也用现在时表示将来意义。请看几题:(1) I don’t know if he ________ or not tomorrow.A. come& && && && && && &&&B. comes& && && && && && & C. will come& && & D. is coming此题答案选C,句中if引导的不是条件状语从句(if≠如果),而是宾语从句(if=是否),句意为“我不知道明天他是否会来。”(2) I don’t know if she ________, but if she ________ I will let you know.A. comes, comes& && &&&B. will come, will comeC. comes, will come& &D. will come, comes答案选 D,第一个 if 引导的是宾语从句,第二个 if 引导的是条件状语从句。(3) “When he _____ is not known yet.” “But when he ____, he will be warmly welcomed.”A. comes, comes& && &&&B. will come, will comeC. comes, will come& &D. will come, comes答案选 D,第一个 when 引导的是主语从句,第二个 when引导的是时间状语从句。另外,当主句为过去时态时,宾语从句通常要用过去的某种时态与之呼应(表客观真理时除外):The teacher told us that he knew everything. 老师告诉我们他知道一切。The teacher told us that light travels faster than sound. 老师告诉我们光比声音传播得快。
七、几组引导词的辨析1. what 与that的用法区别两者均可引导主语、表语、宾语从句,区别是what可在从句中用作主语、宾语或表语,意为“什么”或“所…的”,而that仅起连接作用,本身没有实际意义,在从句中也不充当任何句子成分(引导宾语从句时通常可以省略):He doesn’t know what she likes. 他不知道她喜欢什么。What you say is quite right. 你所说的相当正确。I believe (that) he will come to see us. 我相信他会来看我们的。It’s a pity (that)he didn’t finish college. 真遗憾他大学没毕业。另外,that 可引导同位语从句,但 what 通常不用于引导同位语从句。如:I had no idea that you were here. 我不知道你在这儿。
2. whether与 if的用法区别两者的用法异同注意以下几点:(1) 两者均可引导宾语从句,表示“是否”,常可互换:He asked if [whether] we wanted a drink.&&他问我们是否想喝一杯。He didn’t tell me if [whether] he would come. 他没有告诉我他是否会来注:若是引导条件状语从句,则只能用 if(意为“如果”)。(2) 当引导一个否定的宾语从句时,通常用 if 而不用 whether:I don’t care if it doesn’t rain. 我不在乎天是否下雨。注:在个别词语(如 wonder, not sure 等)后的从句否定式有时也可用 whether引导:I wonder if [whether] he isn’t mistaken.&&我想知道他是否错了。(3) 在以下两种情况引导宾语从句,要用 whether 而不用 if:① 引导宾语从句且置于句首时:Whether he has left, I can’t say. 他是否走了,我说不定。② 引导主语从句且放在句首时:Whether he will come is still a question. 他是否会来还是个问题。注:若在句首使用形式主语 it,而将主语从句放在句末,则有时也可用 if 来引导:It was not known whether [if] he would come. 不知他是否会来。③ 引导表语从句时:The question is whether we should go on with the work. 问题是我们是否应该继续进行这项工作。注:在很不正式的场合if偶尔也用于引导表语从句,但远不如用 whether 常见。④ 引导让步状语从句时:Whether he agrees or not, I shall do that. 不管他同意与否,我都要那样做。⑤ 引导同位语从句时:The question whether we need it has not been considered. 我们是否需要它还没有考虑。⑥ 用于不定式之前时:I’m not sure whether to stay or leave. 我不知是留还是去。I didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry. 我真是哭笑不得。⑦ 用于介词之后时:It depends on whether the letter arrives in time. 这取决于信是否来得及时。I worry about whether I hurt her feelings.&&我担心是否伤了她的感情。⑧ 直接与 or not 连用时:I will write to you whether or not I can come.&&我能不能来,我将写信告诉你。注:若不是直接与 or not 用在一起,则有时也可用 if:I don’t know whether [if] he will win or&&not. 我不知他是否能赢。⑨ 在 discuss(讨论)等少数动词后引导宾语从句时:We discussed whether we should hold a meeting. 我们讨论了是否要开一个会。
3. that ,why 与 because的用法区别它们在引导表语从句中很容易混淆,区别于下:(1) 当主语是reason(原因)时,后面的表语从句的引导词通常用that:The reason why he didn’t attend the party yesterday is that he hasn’t come back yet. 他昨天没有参加取聚会是因为他还还有回来。注:在现代英语中,有时也用 because,但不如用 that 普通。(2)&&why和 because 都可引导表语从句,但前者强调结果,后者强调的原因:I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella. That’s why I got wet all through. 我既没穿雨衣,也没带雨伞,所以全身都淋湿了。I got wet all through. That’s because I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella. 我全身都淋湿了,因为我既没穿雨衣,也没带雨伞。
4. that 与 whether (if)的用法区别从意思上看,两者不应该发生混淆,因为 whether (if) 表示“是否”,而that却不表示任何含义,但实际使用时,有的同学却经常将其用混,并且高考也常考查它。两者的原则区别是:that 表示一种肯定、明确的概念,而 whether (if) 则表示一种不肯定、不明确的概念。请看几道高考真题:(1)______ the 2000 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing is not known yet. (1992)A. That& && && && && && && &B. If& && && && && && && && & C. Whether& && &D. Whenever& &[选C](2)______ we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather. (1996)A. If& && && && && && && && & B. Whether& && && && && &C. That& && && && & D. Where& && & [选B]由于以上区别,所以动词 doubt后接宾语从句时,通常要用 whether (if) 来引导,而不用 that,因为 doubt 表示“怀疑”,其意不肯定、不明确;但是如果它用于否定式,其后的宾语从句则要通常用 that 来引导,因为 not doubt 表示“不怀疑”,其意是肯定的、明确的。如:I doubt if [whether] he’ll come. 我拿不准他是否会来。I don’t doubt that he will succeed. 我敢肯定他会成功。Do you doubt that he will win? 你不相信他会赢吗?注:在现代英语中,doubt用于肯定式时其后也可接 that 从句,不过此时的that仍表示whether的意思:I doubt that we’ll ever see George again. 我怀疑我们是否还会见到乔治。类似地,be sure后的名词性从句通常用that引导,而 be not sure 后的名词性从句则通常用whether / if 来引导:I’m sure that&&he is honest. 我肯定他是诚实的。I’m not sure whether (if)&&he is honest. 我不敢肯定他是否诚实。
八、关系型 what引导名词性从句的五种用法1. 表示“…的东西或事情等”:We’ve done what they can to help her. 他们已经尽力帮助了她。He saves what he earns. 他赚多少,积蓄多少。What Mary is is the secretary. 玛丽的职务是秘书。
2. 表示“…的人或的样子等”:He is no longer what he was. 他已经不是以前的那个样子。He is what is generally called a traitor. 他就是人们通常所说的叛徒。Who is it that has made Fred what he is now? 是谁把弗雷德培养成现在这个样子的?
3. 表示“…的数量或数目等”:Our income is now double what it was ten years ago. 我们现在的收入是10年前的两倍。The number of the students in our school is ten times what it was before liberation. 现在我校学生的数量是解放前的10倍。
4. 表示“…的时间”:After what seemed like hours he came out with a bitter smile. 似乎过了几个小时他才苦笑着出来。The young girl was too frightened to speak, standing there for what seemed like hours. 小女孩吓得不敢说话,在那儿站了几个小时。
5. 表示“…的地方”:This is what they call Salt Lake City. 这就是他们称为盐湖城的地方。In 1492, Columbus reached what is now called America. 1492年哥伦布到达了现在所称的美洲大陆。注:(1) 这样用的what相当于“先行词+关系代词”,所以其前不能有先行词:你喜欢什么就拿什么吧。正:You can have what you like. / You can have everything (that) you like.误:You can have everything what you like.(2) 有时what 可用作限定词,其后修饰一个名词:I gave him what books I had. 我把我所有的书都给他他。He gave me what money he had about him. 他把身边带有的钱全给了我。(3) What 后的名词可以是复数名词或不可数名词,但通常不能是单数可数名词:误:I gave him what book I had.(4) What后接不可数名词时,有时可有little修饰。注意区别:what+不可数名词=所有的都,what little+不可数名词=虽少但全部。如:I spent what time I had with her. 我所有的时间都是与她一起度过的。I spent what little time I had with her. 我仅有的一点时间都是与她一起度过的。
九、whatever, whoever, whichever引导名词性从句1. whatever引导的名词性从句Whatever的意思是“所…的一切事或东西”,可视为what的强调说法,它在含义大致相当于anything that,whatever在从句中可用作主语、宾语、定语:Whatever he did was right. 无论他做什么都是对的。I will just say whatever comes into my mind. 我想到什么就说什么。Goats eats whatever (food) they can find. 山羊找到什么(食物)就吃什么(食物)。He does whatever she asks him to do. 她要他做什么,他就做什么。I will just say whatever comes into my mind.&&我想到什么就说什么。
2. whoever引导的名词性从句Whoever的意思“任何…的人”,在意义上大致相当于 anybody who。whoever在从句中可用作主语或宾语:I’ll take whoever wants to go. 谁想去我就带谁去。She can marry whoever she chooses. 她愿意嫁谁就嫁谁。Whoever wants the book may have it. 任何人要这书都可拿去。Whoever breaks this law deserves a fine. 违反本法者应予以罚款。I’ll give the ticket to whoever wants it. 请想要这票,我就把它给谁。注:(1) whoever既用作主格也用作宾语(作宾语时不宜用whomever,因为在现代英语中whomever已几乎不用)。(2) 注意以下受汉语意思影响而弄错的句子:误:Who wins can get a prize. / Anyone wins can get a prize.正:Whoever wins can get a prize. / Anyone who wins can a prize. 谁赢了都可以获奖。
3. whichever引导的名词性从句Whichever的意思“…的那个人或事物”,在意义上大致相当于 the person orthe thing that。whichever在从句中可用作主语、宾语、定语:Buy whichever is cheapest. 买最便宜的。I’ll take whichever books you don’t want. 你不要的任何书我都要。Whichever of us gets home first starts cooking. 我们当中无论哪个先到家,哪个就先开始做饭。注:whatever, whoever, whichever除用于引导的名词性从句外,还可用于引导状语从句。参见本讲义“状语从句”。
(转自普特英语)
& && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && && &&&& && &
Neworiental Team、新东方老师特殊组专属勋章
请您点击选择所在城市或附近城市咨询。