eva notty my dadd was magic的整篇翻译

My dad was driving downtown to shop and I was going along for the 51 .At least that was what I had told him- 52 I had an important question to ask-that had been on my 53 for a couple of weeks and this 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
My dad was driving downtown to shop and I was going along for the
51 .At least that was what I had told him— 52 I had an important question to ask—that had been on my
53 for a couple of weeks and this was the first time I had been able to 54 with him alone. “Dad…”I started. And 55 . “Yup?” he said. “The kids say there is no Santa Claus. They say I’m 56 to believe in Santa anymore…it’s only for little kids. But I believe what you told me. Santa is 57 .He is, isn’t he, Dad?” “The real life and spirit of this 58 elf(精灵)lives forever in your heart, my heart, Mom’s heart and in the hearts and minds of 59 people who believe in the joy that 60 to others brings. The real 61 of Santa becomes what you can give 62 what you get. Once you understand this and it becomes a 63 of you, Christmas becomes even more exciting and more magical 64 you come to realize the magic comes from you when Santa 65 in your heart. Do you understand what I am
to tell you?” My heart was filled with pride and I’m sure my eyes were shining with excitement.” Of course, Dad. I want him to be in my heart, just like he’s in yours. I love you, Daddy. You’re the best Santa there ever was in the whole world.” When it comes time in my life to 67 the reality of Santa Claus to my children, I hope that I will be as eloquent(有口才)and 68 as my dad was the day I learned that the spirit of Santa Claus doesn’t wear a red
69 .And I hope they will be as 70 as I was that day. I trust them totally and I think they will. 51. A. shopping       B. ride             C. sightseeing        D. pleasure 52. A. clearly        B. actually          C. personally         D. originally 53. A. head          B. heart            C. thought          D. mind 54. A. stay          B. fight             C. live             D. argue 55. A. laughed        B. continued         C. stopped          D. cried 56. A. honest        B. wrong           C. cheated          D. foolish 57. A. real          B. alive             C. kind             D. right 58. A. smart         B. naughty          C. generous         D. magical 59. A. every         B. some            C. few             D. all 60. A. lying          B. giving            C. talking           D. receiving 61. A. spirit         B. position          C. character         D. life 62. A. other than      B. less than          C. no more than      D. rather than 63. A. part         B. little             C. half             D. few 64. A. when         B. because          C. after            D. before 65. A. works         B. lives             C. hides            D. appears 66. A. considering     B. expecting         C. planning          D. trying 67. A. explain        B. solve            C. introduce         D. describe 68. A. strict         B. loving            C. violent           D. gentle 69. A. beard         B. belt             C. suit             D. stocking 70. A. curious        B. patient           C. receptive         D. calm
51. B&& 52. B&&&&&& 53. D&&&&& 54. A&&&&& 55. C 56. D&& 57. A&&&&& 58. D&&&&& 59. D&&&&& 60. B 61. A&& 62. D&&&&& 63. A&&&&& 64. B&&&&&& 65. B 66. D&&&&& 67. A&&&&&& 68. B&&&&&& 69. C&&&&& 70. C
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2013届贵州省湄潭中学高三上学期期末考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
There was a time when I thought my dad didn’t know a thing about being a good father. I couldn’t &&36&&him ever saying the words “I love you.” It seems to me his only purpose in life was to say “& 37& ” to anywhere I wanted to go and anything I wanted to do, including getting a &&38&. Some parents bought their kids cars when they got their driver’s licenses. Not my dad ---- he said that I’d have to get a job and buy my own.So that is what I did. I got a job at a very nice restaurant and&&&39&&every penny I could and &&40 &I had enough to buy my car, I did! The day I brought that car home, my dad was the first one I wanted to &&41 &to. “Look, dad, a car of my own. If you ever want a ride, I’ll only &&42&you five dollars.” I offered with a smile. “I see,” was all he said.One day, there was something wrong with my father’s truck. So he needed a &&43&&to work. The sun wasn’t even up when we left the house , &&44&&it was already getting warm out. It was going to be a(n) &&45&&day. As I dropped my dad off, I &&46&&him, dressed in his work clothes, getting his &&47&&from the truck (车尾箱) of my car. Watching his sun-weathered face, and even from a distance I could tell there were &&48&&lines than I ever remembered being there before. I realized how hard my dad works for the family. My father is a cement finisher(水泥修整工).In that instant, it&&49 &to me that he actually got down on his hands and knees to sweat over hot concrete to make a living for his family. And he did this day in and day out, &&50 &hot it got. Never, not once, had I hear him &&51&&about it. To him we were “worth” it. And never once did he “charge” us for it.When he closed the trunk, his tools set off to the side, he walked over to my window to &&52 &me five dollars. I rolled down the window and said “Good-bye, dad. Keep your five dollars. It’s my &&53&. Don’t work too hard. I love you.” His &&54&&met mine, then glanced away in the direction of his waiting tools, he &&55&&his throat and said, “Oh, and… me, too.”【小题1】A.likeB.rememberC.forgetD.care【小题2】A.SorryB.YesC.NoD.Well【小题3】A.carB.friendC.jobD.present【小题4】A.spentB.earnedC.keptD.saved【小题5】A.whenB.ifC.because D.though【小题6】A.pay it backB.hand it overC.turn it upD.show it off【小题7】A.payB.chargeC.offerD.provide【小题8】A.rideB.leaveC.tripD.hurry【小题9】A.asB.althoughC.butD.since【小题10】A.ordinaryB.hotC.workD.special【小题11】A.helpedB.followedC.leftD.watched【小题12】A.toolsB.clothesC.luggage D.bag【小题13】A.fewerB.moreC.longerD.deeper【小题14】A.happenedB.seemedC.occurredD.appeared【小题15】A.whateverB.wheneverC.whereverD.however【小题16】A.talkB.complainC.askD.speak【小题17】A.handB.passC.lendD.take【小题18】A.helpB.adviceC.treat D.reply【小题19】A.handsB.smileC.voice D.eyes【小题20】A.cleanedB.wipedC.clearedD.felt
来源:甘肃省天水一中2010届高三下学期第三次模拟考试试卷(英语)
题型:阅读理解
My daddy doesn’t know how to express love. It is my mum that makes everyone happy and calm in
while Daddy only works day and night, never looking us in the face. But Mum makes a wrongdoing list of us for Daddy scolding us. She was a spy! Once, I stole a candy. Daddy asked me to put it back and told the shopkeeper I would like to carry loads for her. Well, Mum told him I was jut a child. I broke my leg on the playground. It’s still Mum that held me tightly in her warm arms. Daddy drove us right to emergency room. He was asked to move the car away for that space was for ambulance. Daddy got angry, “What do you think of it? A touring car?” On my birthday party, it was, again, my mum that took over the cake for me. And my dad was busy with blowing balloons and setting the table and doing the housework. While looking over our album, my friends always ask, “What does your father look like?” God knows. He photos others all the time. So there are many photos of my mum and me, pretty and lovely photos.
And I still remembered the day when dad taught me riding. I asked him not to let his hands away, but he did the opposite. And I certainly fell onto the ground. I got angry and decided to get on the bike and rode. But he smiled again. Mum wrote every letter to me while I was in college. He, except checks, did write a letter, but extremely short, just a few words, saying, “Without your playing on the lawn, my son, my lawn grows prettier than before.” Every time I phoned, it seemed that he wanted to talk, but he would say, “I will get your mum.” On the day of my wedding, Mum cried as if we would never meet again, while dad went out with a nasal sound. From very young, I heard him saying, “Where have you been?” “When do you go home?” “Did you get oil for your car?” “…” Dad really knows nothing about showing love. Unless… Maybe he showed while I didn’t notice.1. From the first and second paragraphs, we can infer that ______. A. it was the daddy that was in charge of his children’s education B. the writer’s parents loved their children, at the same time, they were strict with them C. the children were all afraid of their father so they had to be cute D. the writer’s mom was like a spy who reported what the children did to the father2. Why did the father get angry when he sent the writer to the hospital? A. Because he parked his car at a wrong place. B. Because the parking space of the ambulance was very crowded. C. Because the writer’s injury made the father quite upset. D. Because the person paid little attention to his son’s serious injury.3. According to Paragraph Six, we know the father______. A. was not patient when he taught the writer riding B. might want to see his child fall off the bike C. used a wrong way of teaching his child riding D. might want his son to learn riding through independent practice4. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. The dad posted checks to the writer while he was in college. B. The dad had no single photo of his own in the album. C. The dad scolded the writer for having damaged the lawn. D. The dad got excited when participating in the writer’s wedding.
来源:学年广东执信中学高三2月月考英语卷
完形填空 (共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。Every year on my birthday, a white gardenia (栀子花) was &&&&1&&&&to my house. But no card or note came with it. Calls to the flowershop were always &&&&2&&&& -- itwas a cash purchase. After a while I stopped trying to discover the sender’s identity and just &&&&3&&& &inthe beauty and heady perfume of that one magical, perfect white flower lying insoft pink paper.But I never stopped &&&&4&&&&who the giver might be. My mother &&&&5&&&&&to these imaginations. She asked me if there was someone for whom I haddone a special kindness who might be showing &&&&6&&&&. I had more fun imagining that it might be a boy I fell in love with orone who had &&&&7&&& &me eventhough I didn’t know him.One month before my high-school graduation, my fatherdied. My feelings& &&&&8&&&& &fromsorrow to fear and &&&&9&&& : my dadwas missing some of the most important events in my life. I became completely &&&&10&&&&in my coming graduation, the senior-class play and the ball. But mymother would not hear of my losing any of those things. Mother and I had goneshopping and found an impressive dress, but it was the &&&&11&&&&size. When my father died, I forgot about the dress.The day before my ball, I found that dress-- in theright size—hanging overthe living room sofa. It was &&&&12&&&&&to me so lovingly. I didn’t &&&&13&&&&if I had a new dress or not. But my mother did. She wanted herchildren to feel &&&&14&&& , filledwith a sense that there was a beauty even in the face of &&&&15&&.My mother died ten days after I was married. Thefollowing year the gardenia stopped coming.1. A. given&&&&&&&& B.delivered&&&&&&&&&&& C.taken&&&&&&&&&&& D.brought2. A. useful&&&&&&&&&&& B.helpful&&&&&&&&& C. in vain&&&&& D.hopeful3. A. delighted&&&& B. pleasant&&&&&&&& C.pleasing&&&& D. satisfied4. A. considering&&&&&& B.remembering&&&&& C. imagining&&&&&&& D.recalling5. A. referred&&&&& B. led&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.preferred&&&&&&& D. contributed6. A. appreciation& B. honor&&&&&&&&&&& C.grateful&&&& D. respect7. A. observed&&&&& B. watched&&&&&&&&& C.noticed&&&&& D. hated8. A. ranged&&&&&&&&&&& B.differed&&&&&&&& C. suffered&&&& D.judged9. A. shock&&&&&&&& B.happiness&&&&&&&&&&& C.depressing&& D. anger10. A. uninterested B. interested&&&&&&&&&& C.unhappy&&&&& D. disappointing11. A. wrong&&&&&&&&&&& B.false&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.proper&&&&&& D. right12. A. provided&&&& B. presented&&&&&&&&&&& C.introduced&& D. awarded13. A. doubt&&&&&&&&&&& B.wonder&&&&&&&&&& C. desire&&&&&& D.care14. A. loving&&&&&&&&&& B.loved&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.respected&&&&&&& D. honored15. A. trouble&&&&& B. despair&&&&&&&&& C.problem&&&&& D. sorrow&
来源:福建省高二下学期期中考试英语试题
题型:阅读理解
My dad was never the kind to offer many wordsof love or encouragement. But we knew he loved us... he just had his own way ofshowing it.&&& WhenI was a teen, we were seasonal campers at a family campground almost an houroutside the city where we lived. Each family had their own campsite with waterand electric, and you basically parked your camper there from May throughOctober. Most &Seasonals& visited them every weekend during thosemonths, with the occasional weeklong stay. There were plenty of other kids whocamped seasonally each weekend, and they came to be some of my closest friends.Of course, many of them were boys.&&& Wekids paired up with our little boyfriends or girlfriends, and we'd hold handsas we'd walk around the campground. We'd play ping-pong, have some snacks, andplay songs. Most weekends were pretty similar, but the couples would change.You'd see so-and-so with a different so-and-so than they were with the weekendbefore. You know how it is when you're a teen — a three-week relationship is a really longtime.&&& So,needless to say, my teen years were spent with quite a few different boys. Butevery single one of them had something in common... they'd all received TheEvil Eye.&&& TheEvil Eye was a magical sort of thing. One simple look from my dad, and the boyimmediately knew not to mess with me. It was as if he could send hiswarnings through invisible laser(激光)beams that shot directly from his eyes to the boys' brains.&&& &Youwill not put your hands on my daughter... You will not kiss my daughter... Youwill not even whisper sweet nothings into my daughter's ear.&&&& Iremember one night in particular, walking with a boy around the campgroundafter dark. We came from one direction, and my dad from the other. The boy andmy dad locked eyes for a brief second, then the boy dropped my hand like a hotpotato and turned away, giving me a quick, &See ya later.&&&& Yes,the Evil Eye. Best way ever to keep wandering teen boy hands away from yourdaughters.&& 1.The Evil Eyein the passage implies that _____.A. Dad getsangry easily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Dad’seyes are like evil’s C. Dad’s eyes areugly-looking&&&&&&&&& &&&D. Dad’seyes are protective to his daughter2. Theunderlined words “mess with” in paragraph 5 most probably means _____.A. make untidy&&&&&&&&& B.cause trouble&&&&&&&&&&& C. get married to&&&&&& D. talkto3. Which ofthe following is true according to the passage?A. Asteenagers, we went camping every weekend.B. We madelots of friends during the seasonal camping.C. We hadregular boyfriends or girlfriends and enjoyed ourselves.D. The boydropped my hand and turned away because he loved The Evil Eye.4. It can be inferred from the passage that the author _____.A. is ateenage girl who loves her fatherB. is a teenageboy who hates his fatherC. is now anadult who has come to understand her father’s loveD. used to be a naughty boy who changedgirlfriends now and then&
来源:哈尔滨六中高一下学期期中英语试题
Many years ago& my dad was diagnosed (诊断) with a terminal illness . He wasunable to work at &&&&36& &job . He wouldbe fine for quite a while , but would then fall suddenly &&37&&&&and have to be admitted to the hospital .He wanted to do something to keep himself &&&38&&&, so he decided to volunteer at the local children &&&39&&&. My dad loved kids . He would talk to them and play with them.Sometimes , he would &&&40&& &one of hiskids . In certain instances , he would give &&41&&&&to the sad parents of these children .One of his kids was a girl who had been admittedwith a &&&42&& &disease that paralyzed (使…瘫痪) her from the neck down . I don’tknow the &&&43&& &of the disease , but Ido know that it was very sad for a little girl . My dad decided to try to helpher . He started &&&44&& &her in her room, bringing paints , brushes and paper . He stood the paper up &&&45&& &abacking , put the paintbrush in his mouth and began to paint . He didn’t usehis hands at all . Only his &&&46&& &wouldmove . He would visit her &&&47&& &hecould and paint for her . All the while he would tell her , “see , you can do &&&48&&&you set your mind to .”& 49&&& &, she began to paint using her mouth ,and she and my dad became friends . Soon after , the little girl was discharged(允许出院). My dad also &&&50&&&the children hospital for a little while because he became ill.Sometime later after my dad had recovered and &&&51&&&to work , he was at the volunteer counter one day and &&&52&&&the front door open . In came the little girl who had been paralyzed, but this time she was &&&53&& &. She ranstraight to my dad and hugged him really tight . She gave my dad a picture shehad done using her &&54&&& &. At thebottom it read, “thank you for helping me walk .” Sometimes love is more &&&55&&&than doctors , and my dad-who died just a few months after the littlegirl gave him the picture-loved every single child in that hospital .1.. A.an important &&&&&&& B.a steady &&&&&&&&&&& C.an easy&&&&& D.agood 2...A.ill&&&&&&&& B.behind &&&&&&&&& C.asleep&&&&&& D.down3...A.well&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wealthy&&&&&&&&& C.busy&&&&&&&& D.healthy 4.. A.palace &&&&&&&&& B.hospital&&&&&&&& C.center &&&&& D.park5...A.teach&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.miss&&&&&&&&&&&& C.lose&&&&&&&& D.treat 6...A.speech&&&&&&&&& B.comfort &&&&&&&& C.praise &&&&& D.help7...A.special&&&&&&&& B.curious &&&&&&&& C.strange &&&& D.rare8.. A.result&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.reason&&&&&&&&&& C.name&&&&&&&& D.course 9...A.observing &&&&& B.drawing &&&&&&&& C.painting &&&&&&& D.visiting 10...A.with&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.across&&&&&&&&&& C.against&&&&& D.over11...A.head &&&&&&&&& B.neck &&&&&&&&&&& C.fingers &&&& D.eyes 12...A.with whoever &&&&& B.whenever &&&&&&& C.as if &&&&&&&&&& D.as soon as 13.. A.everything &&&& B.something &&&&&& C.anything &&&&&&& D.nothing 14.. A.Basically&&&&&&&&&& B.Naturally&&&&&&&&&&& C.Eventually&&&&&& D.Suddenly 15.. A.left &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.entered &&&&&&&& C.rushed to &&&&&& D.stayed at 16...A.stopped &&&&&&&&&& B.returned &&&&&&&&&&& C.hesitated &&&&&& D.refused 17...A.pushed &&&&&&&&&&& B.noticed &&&&&&&& C.observed &&&&&&& D.kicked 18...A.shouting &&&&&&&&& B.lying &&&&&&&&&& C.walking&&&&& D.jumping19...A.hands &&&&&&&& B.pens&&&&&&&&&&&& C.paper&&& D.mind 20...A.thankful&&&&&&&&&& B.useful&&&&&&&&&& C.thoughtful&&&&&& D.powerful&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!My dad was magic.He served as a large animal vet…阅读理解及答案_高考模拟试题_英语学习网
最新公告:
&&没有公告
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
My&dad&was&magic.He&served&as&a&large&animal&vet…阅读理解及答案
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
My&dad&was&magic.He&served&as&a&large&animal&vet…阅读理解及答案
文章来源:
更新时间:
My dad was magic.He served as a large animal vet(兽医)for more than 40 years. Hetravelled from farm to farm every day,helping and healing.He seemed to know everything
about everything.He could make a comer store appear out of nowhere.That was summer for me.The smell of dust and animal waste,hot on a summer breeze,pushed fast through the windows as we drove down winding roads.Even now,and I know howawful it sounds,the smell of animal waste makes me think of my dad.For years I have enjoyedthat smell,and breathed it deeply,whenever I ran into it.It transports me back to those summer&days-days with my dad.Dad could make magic happen.&& On a snowy night,Dad took me out to work when 1 was 6.Nothing could be seen at a11.Wehad to park the car at the side of the road,waiting.But 1 was unconcerned because with myfather I knew nothing bad would happen.Out of the darkness,1 watched with open-mouthedwonder as a horse.drawn sleigh(雪橇)drew up beside US.In time,my dad let me be magic.While he treated the animals chatting with the farmers,1 was allowed to run around.Iwould run after cats everywhere,trying to catch just one so that I could pet it .I would returntowhere my dad was working,carrying one with pride.Unavoidably,the farmer would glance over,do a double-take andsay:“That cat’S near on wild.No one has been able to pet that one inforever.”1 would hold it a little tighter happily,then let it go.Even after I became an adult,my dad was magic.He and my mother were very progressive in their way of raising me,encouraging me to get aneducation and career,and then think about a husband and family.But they let me choose my ownway to get there,and didn’t say a lot when I chose a different order of achieving those things.And now that his days are over,1 wish I had thanked him more.For being my father.Forgiving me so many memories.For being magic.56.What would be the best title for the passag e?A.Dad Was Magic &&&&&B.What A Large Animal VetC.Dad Made Me Magic&&&&D.What A Magical Experience57.The detailed description in Paragraph 2 mainly indicates that the writer____.A.has got accustomed to the smell of animal wasteB.had unforgettable summer days with her dadC.was ta ken to the countryside in a vehicleD.10ves hot summer in the countryside
58.What does the underlined phrase“do a double―take’’probably mean?A.Look at someone again surprisingly. B.Refuse to talk to someone.C.Take care of someone.&&&&D.Glare at someone.59.It can be inferred from the passage that the writer______.A.depends on her parents too muchB.holds a positive view on marriageC.iS forbidden to make her own choiceD.thinks well of her parents’way of raising her
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:zfj&
上一个文章: 下一个文章:
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)

我要回帖

更多关于 eva notty my dad 的文章

随机推荐