You may feelfeel so lonelyy that you didn't have lots of

小题1:A小题2:C小题3:A小题1:主旨大意题,根据文章的首尾段和每段的第一句可知,作者分析了缺少朋友的原因并给出了建议,其中最重要的就是平衡友谊和工作。小题2:细节题,根据第四段可知A、B、D都是良好人际关系的表现,只有C项与之相反。小题3:词义猜测题,“Do you insist 0n doing things yourself that could be delegated to others?”由前后句的逻辑关系可知“be delegated to others”和“doing things yourself”是对立的,delegate是“委派”的意思,常与介词to连用。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Dorothy Brown was very happy as she sat in the theatre listening to the music. Today her little daughter Lauren was giving her ___1___ concert. She had been waiting for this __2__ for years and years. “Now it is here at last,” she thought. “How beautiful her ___3___ is.”The song made her ___4___ to the days when she was Lauren’s ___5___. As a young ___6___, Dorothy wanted to be a concert singer. She studied ___7___ in France, Italy and in the United States. “You can become a fine ___8___ in the future,” her teachers told her. “But you must be ___9___ to study hard and work for many years. There will be ___10___ time for anything but music in your life.”Dorothy was ___11___ at that time and she was ___12___ that music was all she wanted or needed to ___13___ her life. For almost a year Dorothy &___14___ &of nothing else. Then she ___15___ David, &a young engineer traveling Europe. They soon fell in ___16___. David asked her to be his ___17___. Dorothy also wanted to marry David. But she loved ___18___, too. She didn’t know what to do. David was against her being a singer. He said, “If you want to be a singer, you must forget about getting married. You can’t ___19___ do both.” Thus her days were gone and would never return.Now Lauren became a singer instead of her, which was her ___20___.1. A. sorry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. successful&&&&&&&&&&&& C. first&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. wonderful2. A. dance&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. moment&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. show&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. party3. A. voice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. face&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. dress&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. life4. A. think of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. bring back&&&&&&&&&&& C. go back&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. come back5. A. age&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. friend&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. mother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. teacher6. A. musician&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. pop star&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. lady&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. girl7. A. French&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. music&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. piano&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. dance8. A. actress&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. student&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. singer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. dancer9. A. prepared&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. learning&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. driven&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. waiting10. A. some&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. any&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. no&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. enough11. A. eight&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. eighteen&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. eighty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. eighty-eight12. A. lucky&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sure&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. afraid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. fond13. A. fill&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. live&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. lead&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. take14. A. heard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. knew&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. talked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. thought15. A. saw off &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. learned from&&&&&&&& C. heard of &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. met with16. A. love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. feeling&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. music&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. touch17. A. assistant&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. teacher&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. wife&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. student18. A. him&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. engineering&&&&&&&&&& C. herself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. music19. A. certainly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. possibly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. only&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. mainly20. A. thought&&&&&&&&&&B. hope&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. purpose&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. will
题型:阅读理解
Twelve years age I flew from my home in Minnesota to spend Father’s Day with my father in California. This wasn’t a typical Father’s Day visit, but to say goodbye to my father as his cancer rapidly advanced. We hadn’t had much of a relationship up to that day and never did much talking. He wasn’t verbal (善用言词辞的) or demonstrative (易流露感情的) nor was I. I knew he loved me simply because fathers love their children. He never told me he loved me and I never told him. That’s the way we did things in our house. My father told me a bit about his career growth from a poor boy to a very successful businessman. He had got a lot through his hard work. He had reasons to be proud of what he had done and I had the benefit of his success. “Maybe I didn’t do things right. I never really knew you or your brothers. I did what I thought was right.” This visit didn’t change our ways. We shook hands and said goodbye as I left. Our relationship ended as we lived it. As a father for more than 14 years I look back and understand why I am staying at home full-time with my children. I tell my children I love them every day, I hug them and I talk with them and let them know how important they are to me. However, as much as we would like to believe that we are all ideal fathers but we are not. We all made mistakes and hopefully we learned from them, just as I learned from my father.56.Why did the author visit his father? A. He wanted to wish his father a happy Father’s Day.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. He planned to look after his sick father.&C. He wanted to express his love to his father.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. He came to see his father for the last time.57. What did the author think of his father? A. He didn’t talk much but was a good father.& B. He didn’t do anything right. C. He just did what a father should do.&&&&&&&D. He didn’t like his children at all.58. Which of the following statements about the author’s father is TRUE? A. His father had been away from their home for a long time.&&&&& B. His father gained great success through hard work.&C. His father quite understand his children.D. His father was sorry for his mistake.59. The author believes that fathers should________. A. set good example to their children through actions&&&&&&&& B. stay at home with their children all the time C. tell their children what is right D. express their love to their children
When someone steps on your toe by accident, you will hurt plenty.But it hurts even more, if you think the person does the same thing on purpose.Earlier studies have found that the feeling of pain can change with how it is experienced.That is why giving people sugar pills and saying they are medicine can make them feel better.This study examined whether self-reported pain is indeed higher when the events producing the pain are understood as intentionally caused by another person.For the study, the researchers told 40 volunteers that they were going to do a series of tasks, including color matching, number counting and discomfort assessment.This last task involved their receiving a brief electric shock to the wrist.They were told that a partner, sitting in another room, would choose which task they would do, and a computer screen helped them to know their partner’s choice.In some cases, the volunteers were told their partner had chosen the pain tolerance test.In others, they were told the computers would select the pain tolerance test regardless of their partner’s choice.When volunteers thought that their partners were making the shocks on them on purpose, the feeling made the pain worse.As a matter of fact, they were the same.This study provides evidence that the experience of pain changes depending upon how they think when people have been harmed.Specifically, the meaning of a harm — whether it was intended — influences the amount of pain it causes.So, although a broken toe may hurt, an intentionally broken toe should hurt more.小题1:It can be concluded from the text that _______.A.the feeling of pain varies from one person to another B.long-lasting pain damages people’s healthC.pain is greater if harm seems to be intentionally doneD.people suffer more from accidental pain小题2:What can we infer from the text?A.People can reduce pain by relaxing.B.Researchers study how pain is caused.C.Everyone should know the effect of pain.D.People should think more about pain.小题3:What does the underlined word “they” in the third paragraph refer to?A.Volunteers.B.Computers.C.Shocks.D.Pains.小题4:What’s the author’s attitude to the result of the study? &A.Indifferent.B.Sceptical.C.Disapproving.D.Approving.
  Some time ago ,I discovered that one of my chairs had a broken leg. I didn’t think there would be any difficulty in getting it mended ,as there are a whole lot of antique(古董)shops near my home. So I left home one morning carrying the chair with me. I went into the first shop expecting a friendly reception(接待). I was quite wrong. The man wouldn't oven look at my chair.  The second shop, though slightly more polite, was just the same, and the third and the fourth - so I decided that my approach must be wrong.  I went into the fifth shop with a plan in my mind. I placed the chair on the floor and said to the shopkeeper,“ Would you like to buy a chair?” He looked it over carefully and said,“ Yes, not a bad chair. How much do you want for it, sir?” “Twenty pounds,”I said. “OK, ”he said, “I’ll give you twenty pounds. ”“It ‘s got a slightly broken leg,”I said. “Yes, I saw that, it's nothing.”  Everything was going according to plan and I was getting excited. “What will you do with it?”I asked. “Oh, it will be easy to sell once the repair is done. ”“I'll buy it,”I said. “What do you mean?You’ve just sold it to me,”he said. “Yes, I know but I’ve changed my mind. I'm sorry, I'll give you twenty -seven pounds for it. ”“ Your must be crazy, ”he said. Then, suddenly the penny dropped. “I know what you want. You want me to repair your chair. ”“ You’re right, ”I said. “And what would you have done if I had walked in and said,’Would you mend this chair for me I wouldn't have agreed to do it,” he said. “We don’t do repairs, not enough money in it and too much trouble. But I’ll mend this for you, shall we say for a fiver?”He was a very nice man and was greatly amused(感到有趣)by the whole thing.  小题1:We can learn from the text that in the first shop the writer ________.A.was rather impoliteB.was warmly receivedC.asked the shopkeeper to buy his chairD.asked the shopkeeper to repair his chair  小题2:The expression “the penny dropped” in the last paragraph means the shopkeeper ________.A.changed his mindB.accepted the offerC.saw the writer’s purposeD.decided to help the writer  小题3:How much did the writer pay?A.£ 5.B.£ 7.C.£ 20.D.£ 27.  小题4:From the text, we can learn that the writer was ________ A.hanestB.carefulC.smartD.funny
Dear Flowermouse,?Thank you for your comments on how Americans and Chinese view each other. This is an important subject. Modern technology has given many nations the chance of destroying other nations. This is a cruel picture but it is a realistic one. It means that every nation should make sure that these weapons of great destruction are never used. This requires greater acceptance of differences among people and nations in all parts of the planet.?Your letter asks specially about Chinese-American relationships but I want to let you know my feelings on a global scale. Because China and America are the most powerful nations and I believe they have a special responsibility for promoting better understanding and for leading the way toward peaceful solutions to the world's problems.You ask how Chinese and American people view each other. This is an important question. Because I know so little about China that I am not able to judge how Chinese view Americans. I am sure that the view differs according to individual experiences that persons might have. And it is not easy to describe America to foreigners. America is a vast mass of people and cultures. These people came from all parts of the world, from Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe and Australia. Each brought a different culture and a different set of values within a single nation.  I believe that the vast majority of Americans like the vast majority of Chinese want peace and friendship between our two nations. Both China and America have suffered through generations from war and violence in our history. And I believe that it is the special responsibility of all Chinese and all Americans to impress this need for mutual understanding on our neighbors in other.?So my friend, this is my response. Please know that I write to you as a private person living in America. I do feel strongly that people everywhere have more in common than they have in differences. We all share the same basic needs for existence and we all depend upon the same need for the survival of this beautiful planet earth. Maybe we can begin to encourage better communication and better understanding through my columns. I hope so.?小题1:From the passage we can know that Flowermouse_______.?A.loves AmericansB.has read about the writer's articles?C.is an AmericanD.knows little about Americans?小题2:It is likely that the writer_______.?A.disagrees with Flowermouse?B.thinks it possible for nations to be destroyed due to modern technology?C.thinks American government share the same opinions with its people?D.believes the weapons of great destruction are never used?小题3:The letter that Flowermouse wrote to the writer, maybe have referred to .?A.American cultureB.American society?C.Chinese-American relationshipsD.Chinese society?小题4:The writer's purpose to write the passage is to_______.?A.introduce Americans to us B.make friends with Flowermouse?C.speak for the government of AmericaD.call on nations to understand each other??
I grew up in a community called Estepona. I was 16 when one morning, Dad told me I could drive him into a___1___ village called Mijas, on condition that I took the car in to be ___2___ at a nearby garage. I readily accepted. I drove Dad into Mijas, and ___3___ to pick him up at 4 pm, then dropped off the car at the ___4___. With several hours to spare, I went to a theater. ___5___, when the last movie finished, it was six. I was two hours late!I knew Dad would be angry if he ___6___ I’d been watching movies. So I decided not to tell him the truth. When I ___7___ there I apologized for being late, and told him I’d ___8___ as quickly as I could, but that the car had needed a major repairs. I’ll never forget the ___9___ he gave me. “I’m disappointed you ___10___ you have to lie to me, Jason. ” Dad looked at me again. “When you didn’t ___11___, I called the garage to ask if there were any ___12___, and they told me you hadn’t yet picked up the car. ” I felt ___13___ as I weakly told him the real reason. A ___14___ passed through Dad as he listened attentively. “I’m angry with ___15___. I realize I’ve failed as a father. I’m going to walk home now and think seriously about ___16___ I’ve gone wrong all these years. ” “But Dad, it’s 18 miles!” My protests and apologies were ___17___. Dad walked home that day. I drove behind him, ___18___ him all the way, but he walked silently. Seeing Dad in so much ___19___and emotional pain was my most painful experience. however, it was ___20___ the most successful lesson. I have never lied since. 1. A. lonely&&& B. small& C. distant D. familiar2. A. kept&&&&&& B. washed&&&&&& C. watched&&&& D. serviced3. A. agreed&&& B. planned&&&&& C. determined D. promised4. A. village&&& B. community C. garage D. theater5. A. however B. Then&& C. Therefore&& D. Still6. A. realized& B. found out&& C. thought&&&&& D. figured out7. A. went&&&&& B. ran&&&& C. walked&&&&&& D. hurried8. A. started&&& B. left&&&& C. arrived&&&&&& D. come9. A. word&&&&& B. face&&& C. look&&& D. appearance10. A. find&&&&& B. decide C. believe&&&&&& D. feel11. A. turn up B. drive out&&& C. go away&&&& D. come out12. A. questions&&&& B. problems&&& C. mistakes&&&& D. faults13. A. ashamed&&&&& B. frightened& C. nervous&&&&& D. surprised14. A. nervousness& B. sadness&&&&&& C. silence&&&&&& D. thought15. A. you&&&&& B. myself&&&&&& C. me&&&&& D. yourself16. A. where&& B. how&&& C. why&&& D. when17. A. meaningless B. useless&&&&&& C. helpless&&&&& D. worthless18. A. asking& B. persuading& C. begging&&&&& D. following19. A. physical&&&&&& B. practical&&&& C. personal&&&& D. natural20. A. indeed& B. always&&&&&& C. also&&& D. almost
In kindergarten your idea of a good friend was the person who let you have the red crayon(蜡笔) when all that was left was the ugly black one.In primary school your ___1___ of a good friend was the person who went to t ___2___ your hand as you walked through the scary(可怕的) ___3___ their lunch with you when you left ___4___ saved a ___5___ on the bac knew ___6___ you had a crush on(迷恋) and never understood why. In ___7___ school your idea of a good friend was the person who let you ___8___ their soc went to that “cool” party with you& ___9___ you wouldn’t wind up(结束) being th did not let you lunch ___10___.In pre-university your idea of a good friend was the person who gave you___11___& comforted you when you broke up with Nick or Susan: found you a(n) ___12___ to the prom(舞会) or went to the prom with you(both without dates); helped you pick a university and assured you that you would get into that ___13___; helped you deal with your parents who were having a ___14___ time letting you go. On the threshold(开始) of ___15___& your idea of a good friend was the person who was there ___16___ you just couldn’t de assured you that now you and Nick or you and Susan were ___17___ together, you could make just silently hugged you as you ___18___ through blurry(模糊的) eyes at 18 and reassured you that you would ___19___ it in university as well as you had these past 18 and most importantly ___20___ you off to university knowing you were loved.1. A. idea&&&&&& B. thought&&&&& C. mind&& D. sight2. A. placed&&& B. shook& C. held&&& D. waved3. A. cooked&& B. seized C. shared D. bought4. A. ours&&&&&& B. hers&&& C. his&&&&& D. yours5. A. ticket&&&& B. seat&&&& C. chair&& D. stand6. A. what&&&&& B. that&&&& C. who&&& D. why7. A. primary& B. secondary&& C. college&&&&&& D. pre-university8. A. do&& B. see&&&&& C. check& D. copy9. A. and B. so&&&&&& C. as&&&&&& D. but 10. A. together&&&&&& B. far&&&&& C. lonely D. alone 11. A. seat&&&&& B. time&&& C. money&&&&&& D. rides12. A. car&&&&&& B. excuse C. friend D. date13. A. school& B. prom& C. club&&& D. university14. A. good&&& B. wonderful& C. hard&&& D. modern15. A. boy&&&&& B. baby&& C. child&& D. adulthood16. A. where&& B. when& C. how&&& D. why17. A. back&&&& B. happy C. up&&&&& D. over 18. A. looked& B. went&& C. came&& D. passed 19. A. have&&&& B. get&&&&& C. make& D. take 20. A. put&&&&&& B. got&&&& C. took&&& D. sent
Life is difficult.It is a great truth because once we truly understand and accept it, then life is no longer difficult.Most do not fully see this truth. Instead they complain about their problems and difficulties as if life should be easy. It seems to them that difficulties represent(代表) a special kind of suffering especially forced upon them or else upon their families, their class, or even their nation.What makes life difficult is that the process of facing and solving problems is a painful one. Problems, depending on their nature, cause in us sadness or loneliness or regret or anger or fear. These are uncomfortable feelings, often as painful as any kind of physical pain. And since life causes an endless series of problems, life is always difficult and is full of pain as well as joy.Yet, it is in this whole process of solving problems that life has its meaning.Problems are the serious test that tells us success from failure. When we desire to encourage the growth of the human spirit, we encourage the human ability(能力) to solve problems, just as in school we set problems for our children to solve. It is through the pain of meeting and working out problems that we learn. As Benjamin Franklin said, “Those things that hurt, instruct.” It is for this reason that wise people learn not to fear but to welcome the pain of problems.56. From the passage, it can be inferred that ______.A. everybody has problems&&&&&&&&&&B. we become stronger by facing and solving the problems of lifeC. life is difficult because our problems bring us painD. people like to complain about their problems57.The writer probably used just one short sentence in the first paragraph to ______.A. save space&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. persuade readers&C. make readers laugh&&&&&&&& D. get reader's attention58. The main idea of paragraph 3 is that ______.A. most people feel life is easy&&&&&B. the writer feels life is easyC. the writer likes to complain about his problemsD. most people complain about how hard their lives are59. According to the passage, we give school children difficult problems to solve in order to ______.A. encourage them to learn&&B. teach them to fear the pain of solving problemsC. help them learn to deal with painD. teach them how to respect for problems

我要回帖

更多关于 i feel lonely 的文章

随机推荐