be popular withpopulous 区别

User Rastapopulous - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
493 reputation
Rastapopulous
Current Role: Cloud Architecture & Engineering
Currently playing with:
GOlang, Spring, AngularJS, Puppet, Cloudforms, The Foreman, RHEV (KVM), VMware, Openshift
Pennsylvania
Member for 3 years, 9 months
65 profile views
Posts % 13
Badges (19)
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabledpopulous - definition of populous by The Free Dictionary /populous
populous Also found in: , , .
pop·u·lous
(pŏp′yə-ləs)adj. Containing many p having a large population.[Middle English, from Latin populōsus, from populus, the people; see
popular.]pop′u·lous·ly adv.pop′u·lous·ness n.populous (ˈpɒpjʊləs) adj1. contain abundantly populated[C15: from Late Latin populōsus] ˈpopulously adv ˈpopulousness npop•u•lous
(ˈpɒp yə ləs)
containing many resi heavily populated:
a populous area.
jammed or crowded with people.
forming or comprising a larg numerous.
[;50; late Middle English populus & Latin populōsus. See , ]
pop′u•lous•ly, adv.
pop′u•lous•ness, n.
Adj.1.populous - densely populated - "the inhabited regions of the earth"populousadjective , , , , , , heavily populated,
Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world.
populous [ˈpɒpjʊləs] ADJ → the most populous city in the world → la
populous [ˈpɒpjʊləs] adj [city] → populeux/eusepop-up book n →
<i(avec pliages qui s'ouvrent)m animé >pop-up menu n &#x2192;
<i(qui s'affiche à l'écran sur commande)m >populous adj country &#x2192; ; town, area also &#x2192; mit vielen , einwohnerstarkpopulous [&#x2c8;p&#x252;pj&#x28a;l&#x259;s] adj &#x2192; popoloso/a,
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
The populous States would, with little difficulty, overrun their less populous neighbors. by
From the nature of what he was now doing it was inferable that the place was not so populous as its register may have shown it to be. by
There were great cages populous with fluttering and chattering foreign birds, and other great cages and greater wire pens, populous with quadrupeds, both native and foreign. by
▲populous▼
For webmasters:《查理周刊》遇袭后,中国与西方的反应如何不同
核心提示:袭击发生后,全世界几乎都认为言论自由应该得到保护,即使是这家讽刺性媒体所揶揄的对象也这么认为。发生在世界范围内的支持言论自由的抗议活动却没有得到这个共产主义国家的任何关注。
The&terrorattacks in France&were inspired by the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo'scontinued caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.
发生在法国的这次恐怖袭击源于这家讽刺性媒体对先知默罕默德持续性的漫画讽刺。
The world largely responded to the attackon its office as a sign that free speech should be ardently defended, evenamong those whom the newspaper mocked.
袭击发生后,全世界几乎都认为言论自由应该得到保护,即使是这家讽刺性媒体所揶揄的对象也这么认为。&
In China, however, reactions have been alittle different, reports CBS News correspondent Seth Doane.
然而,中国的反应则有点不同,哥伦比亚广播公司记者报道。&
Demonstrations&around the world in support of free speechhave received muted attention in communist nation.
发生在世界范围内的支持言论自由的抗议活动却没有得到这个共产主义国家的任何关注。&
China's state news agency, Xinhua, ran acommentary by its Paris bureau chief in which he said: "Unfettered andunprincipled satire, humiliation and free speech are not acceptable."
新华社发表了巴黎分社社长的一篇评论文章,文章中称:&无拘无束和没有原则的讽刺、羞辱以及言论自由是不能接受的。&
A&commentary posted on the Xinhua website&also warns that wenow live in "a reality that demands basic respect and prudence beexercised in mass communication so as to reduce inter-culture andinter-religion misunderstanding and distrust, which can easily be exploited byterrorists."
新华社网站上的一篇文章还警告道&我们现在所面临的实际情况要求我们在大众传媒中保持最基本的尊重和谨慎,如此才能减少文化间和宗教间的误解和不信任,否则会被恐怖分子利用。&
Inside China, there has recently been aclamping down on journalists.
而中国最近开始对记者进行打压。&
Just this week in Hong Kong, the home andoffices of a prominent media tycoon who supported pro-democracy demonstrationsthere was firebombed.
就在本周的香港,一名支持民主运动的著名媒体大亨的住家和办公室被投燃烧弹。
No one was injured and no arrests have beenmade, but they do send a message about free speech in the world's most populouscountry.
没有人受伤,也没有逮捕任何人,但是在这个世界人口最多的国家,这个事件确实对言论自由发出了某种讯息。&&&&&
以下是来自美国网友评论:
★typical china response, tell the extremiststo start showing some respect you slant eyed pricks
这是典型的中国式反应,你们这些斜眼的家伙,还是要求恐怖主义者展现出一点敬意吧。&
★I think satire should be fearless, but itshould also be smart.& &Shouting nigg*** at black people in a satirenewspaper will make them more likely to get youth angry/riot rather than seeproblem with rioting.&&siimlar with shouting insults at white cop by ablack writer of satire... more likely for a bad cop to be mad and beat someoneup when he thinks he can get away with it.Satire should instead convince people togive up foolish violence, see own foolishness, rather than encourage more foolishness....
我觉得讽刺应该是无所畏惧的,但是要聪明点。在一份讽刺性媒体中骂黑人为黑鬼,这只会让年轻的黑人更加的愤怒和暴乱,而无法解决问题。同样的,一名黑人讽刺作家对白人警察大喊大叫,这只会让坏警察变得疯狂,并且在他认为可以逃之夭夭时殴打某人。而讽刺的目的应该是说服人们放弃愚蠢的暴力,让人们看到自己的愚蠢之处,而不是鼓励人们犯下更多愚蠢的行为。&&
★(I tried to post this as reply to my othercomment, but it kept being all caps, even when I wasn't typing in caps, so madea new post.&&i am using google chrome, the reply feature seems to have aproblem)Bahrain - saudi tanks crush "prodemocracy' protestors, ability to protest/form of free speech is not big dealto west.&&Similar in places like Syria and "killing his ownpeople".US shoots down commercial jet of Iran byaccident in 1988, many civilian passengers die...& &no big deal.&&Eastern ukraine might have shot down jet, reason for sanctions in russia forbacking eastern ukraine with likely less than US backs Egypt (after latestattacks on opponents and free speech)It is free speech to compare Bush or Reaganto a chimp/ape 100s of times, it is racist hate speech that should be stoppedto do same to obama once...&&(free speech is only important if it is ourpolitical side, otherwise it is inciting hatred)
巴林和沙特的坦克镇压民主抗议人士,对西方来说,抗议的能力和言论自由根本就不是什么大不了的事情。类似的事情也发生在叙利亚并&杀害自己的人民&。1988年美国意外击落了伊朗客机,很多乘客死亡。这对他们来说也没什么大不了的。乌克兰东部可能击落了马航客机,俄罗斯因支持乌克兰东部而被制裁,然而,俄罗斯支持乌克兰东部的可能性比美国支持埃及的可能性还要低(在对反对派和言论自由进行最新的攻击后)。成千上万次的将布什与里根比作大猩猩就是言论自由,而如果将奥巴马比作大猩猩就是种族主义仇恨言论。。。。(言论自由只有站在我们这一边时才是重要的,否则的话只会引起仇恨)&
★Meanwhile US funds Egypt $500 milliondollars after egypt jails lots of western journalists, and mass sentenceshundreds to death at a time in speed trials, and adversing for other side inreferendum gets jail sentence.&&France is trying to sell frigates andother military weapons to Egypt.Feedom of speech matters mainly when oncorrect side of cold war.
与此同时,在埃及关押大量西方记者,将几百人快速的判处死刑以及将反对派关进牢房后,美国还向埃及提供5亿美元的资金。法国还试图向埃及销售护卫舰和其他武器。如此看来,只有站在冷战的正确一边时,言论自由才是言论自由。&&
★laugh my ass off. Freedom of speech????? Mycomments are better to be shown here. Here is a popular joke circulating in theChinese internet domain. An American brags about freedom of speechby giving an example " we can criticize our American president forwhatever he does wrong. What do you have??? In your country, you Chinese donthave such freedom."The Chinese responded to this American,"yes, we do. we have freedom to criticize your American president, as wellas the freedom call his names. Black Ape." That is the joke, get it?What a world out there??? That sounds soooarrogant to me. From the perspective of the Chinese, gun issues make Americareally "what a world out there!". There are soooo many ignorant retards inthis world. In the US, I cannot have the freedom to use racist words. in China,I use whatever racist words I want to use. That is the real freedom of speech.Get it? the N word, the C word, the Ching Chang Chong word. whatever racistphrase I wish to use.
哈哈,笑死我了。言论自由?????以下是中国网络上非常流行的一个笑话。一名美国人吹嘘自己所拥有的言论自由,他说&不管美国总统做错了什么事情,我们都可以批评他。你们有什么???在你们国家,你们中国人没有这样的自由。&一名中国人回应这名美国人说,&我们当然有。我们有自由批评你们美国总统,我们还可以称他为&黑猩猩&。这就是那个笑话,懂了吗?中国是人住的吗?这句话在我看来有点自大了。在中国人看来,枪支问题让中国人觉得&美国是人住的吗?&这个世界有太多无知的人了。在美国,我不能使用种族主义的词汇,而在中国,我可以使用任何种族主义词汇,这才是真正的言论自由。&&
请支持独立网站,转载请注明本文链接:/9808.shtml
文章来源:龙腾网 | 责任编辑:瓶子

我要回帖

更多关于 popular 的文章

随机推荐