You might also like
More in Comedy
You might also like
Entertainment
Life & Style
Tech & Science
Our Mobile Apps
GET UPDATES FROM Inga Batur
Inga Batur is a blogger, mommy and a big-time travel fan. She loves to be on the road with her two girls and husband with 25 pounds of photo equipment in tow. You can visit her virtual home at . She lives in Europe, but if was up to her she'd wouldn't stay put anywhere for too long.
For a moment there, I was under the impression that it was n she would always stay my sweet little girl. But then, almost of the blue, it hit: She was kicking and screaming her discontent at the top of her lungs. It was the mother of...
Lake Bled might be the synonym for Slovenia and probably rightly so. There is no way of denying, it's one of the prettiest, famous and top visited locations in the country. And it's very well aware of this fact, because it's always crowded and overpriced, especially the cream pies. But...
The capital of Slovenia might be small in terms of size but it's quality over quantity that makes Ljubljana special. It has everything you need, it is easily accessible, intimate and it quickly makes you believe you know its every nook and cranny. That is precisely why it is a...
Don't leave home without my crown and when I am feeling particularly good, I put on my princess costume, too. Swear by pink, violet could pass but I wouldn't be caught dead in anything black. Wear flip-flops when it's cold and Wellies when it's hot. Take "no" as the beginning...
If I had to describe the beautiful Nockalm road in one sentence, that's what I would use to get people to visit it. I got your attention, didn't I? But, you are probably wondering: Why such a description? Well, let me not leave you in suspense for too long. It's...
We are not modern nomads traveling the world and eating cool, different and uniqe foods. For the better part of the year we are stuck at home, planning our next great escape but until that date comes, we don't just sulk in the corner and wait. No, we go out...
What's there not to like about Pinterest? It has cool images of places (that might be dull looking in real life), great recipes (that frankly don't work) and creative DIY ideas (that a few can pull off). Still I am there, because it allows me to dream and be inspired....
I have read somewhere that over , and let's say that is true. Why do so many of us do it? I know I take trips to explore, to see something new, to escape and to forget, to experience, to broaden my horizons,...
Every time my daughter grows an inch, I feel as if I know a little less about her, as if she is slowly inching away out of my warm embrace. When it was only "what to expect when expecting" I was fine. From the tiny embryo to the development of...
I first need to point out that I don't usually do this -- dish on royals or celebs. It's fine to make fun of myself and my family, well they've kind of signed up for it, but how can I judge people I don't even know. OK, so I do...
I am biased so, when I say this is the most beautiful glacial lake, it might not be so. I have grown up watching the seasons change it, while staying virtually the same. In the winters long times ago though, I could try me twirls and triple axels, if I...
I was laying on the beach after a nice swim and was reading a book trying to get some tan. But I wasn't relaxed like the rest. I was wishing for a little less people, more refreshing sea and a few degrees less, so I could actually finish a sentence...
Every year it's the same. I get completely carried away with the Academy Awards. For years I've felt as if my life was a movie and then I spent forever dreaming I was starring in one. As none of it turned out to be true and I never actually made...
Less and less people think of me as weird when I say this. Of course more and more of these people are parents like me. Because let's face facts -- if we loved exploring the big wide world before we had our children, isn't it only natural to continue doing...
Slovenia is still reeling after winning its first gold medal in the Winter Olympics. The media frenzy was astounding due to the fact it was also a first-ever split, when two skiiers had the same time. People are walking around proudly, my four-year-old daughter keeps singing the national anthem and...
The awards season has started. My fellow movie fans know what I am talking about, though I am ashamed to admit that I used to be far better at watching all the nominated films. This year I only saw one. Well, since I've realized I will never win one myself,...
I remember the first time I held my newborn daughter in my arms. I looked at her wrinkled, chubby, red face. She wasn't perfect, but to me she was. I was in awe of her and remain so, despite the fact she has wreaked havoc on my life and turned...
The two of us have always loved to travel and we were determined that bringing kids into our life will not change that. But it did. I was so scared when having to decide where we should go, with our then eight-month-old daughter. How can I pack the entire nursery...
The experts say it's boys. Well, OK, they don't really, even though there have been several findings lately on the differences between genders. Reading those reports and being a woman, I'd say men get the better end of the deal. Why? How about 12 hours of labor for starters? Too...
At thirty-something, I have around 20 years of New Year's resolutions behind me. That would be valuable experience if all of them hadn't failed. Some were just doomed from the start, others made it through, but none lasted past the first quarter of the year. A smarter person would just...
Most Popular
Izabela Habur via Getty Images
PhotoAlto via Getty Images
youtube/Universal Pictures
101cats via Getty Images
NBCU Photo Bank
The Morning Email
Newsletters
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day..
More Posts by
HuffPost Lightbox网站地图1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.25.26.27.28.29.30.32.33.34.35.36.37.38.39.40.41.42.43.44.45.46.47.48.49.友情链接网站地图1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.25.26.27.28.29.30.32.33.34.35.36.37.38.39.40.41.42.43.44.45.46.47.48.49.友情链接Royals back in business after business-as-usual Game 2 victory | MLB | Sporting News
October 23, am EDT
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The sixth inning of Game 2 of the World Series had a pretty familiar feel for the Royals and their fans at Kauffman Stadium.As they have done with great regularity this month, the Royals cobbled together a game-changing string of hits and runs to pull ahead in a very important contest. This particular grouping of Kansas City goodness resulted in five runs, more than enough for the Royals’ dominant bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland to lock down a 7-2 victory against the Giants that sends the World Series to San Francisco tied at one win each.
It was quite an emphatic way to respond to the relatively
after — gasp! — the Royals lost the opener of the World Series. “I mean, I guess with the run we were on no one was expecting us to lose, but that happens,” Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain told Sporting News after Wednesday’s victory. “I guess you can’t win them all. We lost yesterday, but we all came into the clubhouse after the game and we all said to each other, ‘Keep your heads up and we’ll bounce back.’ And we did that in a huge way tonight.”SN AWARDS:
| Turns out, the sky wasn’t falling after the Royals had their eight-game postseason winning streak snapped. Go figure.And even when the sky starts falling, that doesn’t mean it’ll completely collapse. This group of Kansas City newbies — 21 of the 25 guys on the World Series roster had never played in a postseason game before — learned that lesson in the wild-card game. Lorenzo Cain (Getty Images)Ask anyone in the Kansas City clubhouse, and they’ll tell you the same thing. Call it confidence or maturation or whatever you want. The Royals believe that coming back from a four-run deficit in the eighth inning of the wild-card game against the A’s matters, so it does matter. Their perception is their reality.FOX SPORTS: “I feel like everybody goes through a growing point, or a point at which they feel confident in their abilities once they’ve gotten here,” left-hander Jason Vargas told SN during Monday’s media day. “And I think a lot of guys who were probably a little bit unsure of their place have really matured and seen that their abilities are more than enough to put the team on their back and help us to get where we want to go.”So even though the Royals lost the World Series opener, they didn’t lose the talent that helped bring them to the World Series. They didn’t lose their belief, either.Which is why, when they had an opportunity to even the series in that sixth inning, they capitalized. Maybe more important, guys who had struggled succeeded in a huge situation.Billy Butler, who was batting .233 in the postseason heading into Wednesday’s game, came through with an RBI single that plated Cain to put Kansas City ahead 3-2. Two batters later Salvador Perez, who was at .135, delivered a two-run double. And then Omar Infante, who was at .188, smoked a two-run homer over the wall in left field. “We showed them we have fight in us, and I think they knew that,” Butler said. “But we stepped up big there as a team.”And everything about that Butler quote has a familiar feel to it.
Around the Web

我要回帖

更多关于 royalslider 的文章

随机推荐