2014 2015学年度is gone, 2015 will be better!!

2014年-2015年人教版九年级英语全册:《Unit 12 Life is full of the unexpected.》习题
09:41:50&&&来源:教育城&&&评论: 点击:
2014年-2015年人教版九年级英语全册:《Unit 12 Life is full of the unexpected.》习题
四、根据汉语提示,完成下面的句子
1. 生日晚会什么时候举行? When will the birthday party ____ ____?
2. 这个小男孩想要尽可能多的礼物。The little boy wants ___ ___ ___ ___ possible.
3. 我下个月底会回来。 I will be back ___ ___ ____ ____ last month.
4. 这家商店的衬衫都卖光了。 The shop ____ ____ all their shirts.
5. 我穿好衣服就去吃早餐。 I ____ ____ and had breakfast.
6. 人们相互开各种各样的玩笑。 People ___ all kinds of ____ ____ each other.
7. 她父亲抚养她直到她结婚。 Her father supported her until she ___ ____.
8. 一架飞机将降落在机场。 A plane will ____ ____ the airport.
9. 我的年龄是她的两倍还不止。 I&m ____ ____ twice as old as she.
10.他十三岁那年离家出走。 He ____ ____ ____ home at the age of 13.
一、单项选择
1. &Why was Miss Lee angry this morning?
&Because Tom didn&t _____ his homework.
A. hand out B. hand in
C. give away D. give out
2. &Would you like to go for a picnic tomorrow?&Sorry, I have to _____ my homework.
A. work on B. put on
C. put out D. take away
3. Tom was disappointed that most of the guests ______ when he ______ at the party.
A. had arrived B. arrived
C. had arrived D. arrived
4. &I wore sports shoes to the ball yesterday evening by mistake!
& Oh, dear, you must be very ____ at the ball!
A. embarrassed B. satisfied
C. tired D. surprised
5. I got up late and _____ to school without having breakfast.
A. ran into B. rushed out
C. ran after D. ran off
二、用所给词的适当形式填空
1. When I got there the bus _____ (go).
2. By the time I got to class, the teacher ____ (start) teaching.
3. We ____ (learn) over 1,000 words by the end of last term.
4. I ____ (clean) the room before he arrived here.
5. His brother ___ (leave) home for a year when he got back.
三、按要求完成下面的句子
1. She has gone to Shanghai. (用by the time改写句子)
She ___ ___ to Shanghai by the time I arrived there. 对画线部分提问)
What ____ Tom _____ by the time you arrived?
3. Jenny had already cleaned the room when I called her. (改为否定句)
Jenny ___ ___ the room when I called her ___.
4. He had left before she could say a word. (改为一般疑问句)
____ he ____ before she could say a word? 对画线部分提问)
____ ____ Linda ____ homework?
四、根据汉语提示完成下面的句子,每空一词
1. 我当时没有找到去公园的路。 I didn&t find the way that ___ ___ the park at that time.
2. 我正在往家走的时候,天下雨了。It rained as I _____ _____ home.
3. 她转身看谁在叫她。 She ____ ____ to see who was calling her.
4. 当天稍晚的时候,她给我打了个电话。 ____ ____ ____, she called me.
5. 我会永远铭记你的忠告。 I ____ ____ ____ your advice.
一、单项选择
1. (2013 甘肃白银) _______ the time I got to the bus stop, the bus had already left.
A. On B. In C. By D With
2. (2013山东枣庄) By the time I locked the door, I realized I ____my keys at home.
A. had repaired B. had changed
C. had forgotten D. had left
3. (2013山西) How I wish I could sleep longer! However, I had to get up as soon as the alarm clock ______.
A. ran off B. went off C. took off
4. (2013湖北襄阳) &We all went to the cinema except you last night. Why didn't you come?
&Because I _____ that movie twice.
A. have watched B. had watched
C. was watching D. would watch
5. (2013湖北黄石) The teachers hope all of us can hand _______ our homework _______ time every day.
A. in B. on C. in D. on
二、用happen和take place填空
1. When will the basketball match between Class 3 and Class 4 _____?
2. I ____ to have read the article when he asked me about it.
3. When will the ceremony _____?
4. That accident _____ at the corner.
三、句型转换
1. You&re a student. I&m a student, too. (合并成一句)
_________ you _________ I ________ ________.
2. American fast food seems to be the most popular in the world. (改为同义句)
_______ _______ ________American fast food is the most popular in the world.
3. After he said these words, he went out of the room. (同义句转换)
________ ________ ________ , he went out of the room.
4. Something is wrong with him. (变成否定句)
_______ _______ _________ wrong with him.
5. You&d better finish your homework today. (改为否定句)
You&d ________ ________ finish your homework today.
四、在下面空格处填上适当单词,使对话完整,每空一词。
(An old woman is standing on a street corner. She looks worried because she is lost in a big city.)
A: What&s the 1_____? Can I 2_____ you, granny?
B: I&m going to the 3______to see my husband. He is 4_____in hospital. But I don't know the 5______. How can I 6______to the hospital?
A: 7______ down this street until you 8______the second traffic light. Then 9_____right. Soon you will see the hospital. You won't 10______it.
B: Thank you very much.
点击下载完整版:
相关热词搜索:外研衔接版英语九上(9A)Module&1&Wonders&of&the&world检测题
MODULE 1& Wonders of the world检测题(本检测题满分:100分 ;时间:60分钟)一、听力部分(满分20分)第一部分 听句子,回答问题。每个句子读一遍。(每小题1分,满分5分)1.&A. Monday.&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. Hot.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. June 1st.2.&A. Coffee.&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. Yes, please.&&&&&&& &&C. Yes, I would.3.&A. Yes.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. That’s right.&&&&&&&& &C. Thanks.4.&A. I like it.&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. I have a headache.&&& &C. I eat well.5.&A. I’m better.&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. He’s better.&&&&&&&&& &C. She’s better. 第二部分 听对话,选择正确答案。每段对话读两遍。(每小题1分,满分5分)6.&A. Tom is from America.&&&&&&&&&&B. Tom is from Canada.& &C. Tom is from England.7.&A. He is going to play basketball.& &&&&B. He is going to watch TV.&&C. He is going to have a swim.8.&A. He stayed at home.&&&&&&&&& &&&&&B. He bought some books.& C. He went to school.9.&A. It will be fine tomorrow.&&&&& &&&&&B. It will be rainy tomorrow.& C. It will be cloudy tomorrow.10.&A. Some milk,bread and apples.&&&&&B. Some bread,eggs and oranges.&C. Some bread,milk and eggs.第三部分 听短文,根据其内容选出能完成下列句子的最佳答案。短文读两遍。(每小题2分,满分10分)11. Many&&&&&& like going to pet shows.&& A. children&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. old men&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. adults12. The children like it most when they ride on&&&&&& .&& A. an elephant&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. a goat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. a cow13. The children are happy when they ride on&&&&&& .&& A.&cats&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. rabbits&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. horses and goats14. From the story we can know that the elephant likes to eat&&&&&& .&& A. rice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. apples&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. meat
15. The children are very&&&&&&& .&& A. hungry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. sad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. happy二、笔试部分 (满分80分)Ⅰ.根据句意及汉语提示完成句子(每小题1分,满分5分)1.The Great Wall in China is one of the wonders of the&&&&&&& (古代的)world.2.I found a hole at the&&&&&&& (底部) of the old boat.3.She sent an email to the company last week, but they haven’t&&&&&&&&& (答复) to it.4.Do you have anything&&&&&&&&& (其他的) to tell me?5.The factory stands at the&&&&&&& (边缘)of the town.Ⅱ.用所给词的适当形式填空(每小题1分,满分5分)6. The________ (high) of the tower is about 200 metres.7. Can you give me a________ (describe) of the thief ?8. The room seems to become much ________(light) than just now.9. It is not ________(nature) for a child of his age to be so quiet at home.10. The Great Wall is one of the greatest&________(wonder) of the world.Ⅲ.句型转换(每小题1分,满分5 分)11. You must be quick.If not,you’ll miss the early bus.(改为同义句) & ________ quick,_________ you’ll miss the early bus.12. There are many beautiful houses on each side of the road. (改为同义句)& There are many beautiful houses on _________ _________ of the road.13. Without your help, I won’t finish the work on time. (改为同义句)________ you ________ help me, I won’t finish the work on time.&14. Miss Liu reached Shanghai last Monday. (改为同义句)&& Miss Liu _________ _________ Shanghai last Monday.15. The results will come out in two hours. (对画线部分提问)&________ will the results come out?Ⅳ.单项填空(每小题1.5分,满分15分)16. I wonder________ he is a teacher.A. which&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. who&&&&&&& &&C. what&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&D. if17. ― Shall we go shopping now?―Sorry, I can’t. I ________ my shirts.& A. wash&&&&&&& &&&&&&&B. washes&&&&& &&C. washed&&&&&& &&&&&&&D. am washing18. ― I called you yesterday evening, but there was no answer.―Oh, I am sorry. I ________dinner in my friend’s home.& A. have&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&B. had&&&&&&&& &&C. was having&&& &&&&&&&D. have had19. ―What are you going to do this Sunday?&& ―I ________ yet.A. won’t decide&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. didn’t decide& &&C. haven’t decided&&&& &&&&&&D. don’t decide20. ―What are you going to do with your pocket money?―________ giving it to the children from AIDS families?&& A. What about&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. What for&&&C. Why don’t&&&&&&&& &&&&&&D. Why not21. My uncle knows New York very well. He________there many times.A.has been &&&&&&&&B.has gone&&&&&&&& &C.was&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&D.went22. ―How was your weekend?―Great!We________a picnic by the lake.A. have&&&&&& &&&&&&&B. are having&&&&& &C. had&&&& &&&&&&&&D. will have23. I’m looking forward ________school.A. to go&&&&&& &&&&&&&B. to went&&&&& &&&& C. to going to&&& &&&&&&&D. went24. Don’t go ________ the street unless the traffic lights turn green.A. cross&& &&&&&&&&B. across&&&&& &&C. through &&&& &&&&&&D. pass25. There are about two ________ students in the newly-built school.A. thousand&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&B. thousands &&&C. thousands of &&&& &&&&&D. thousand of Ⅴ.完形填空(每小题1.5分,满分15分)&&& Have you ever been to the Great Wall in China? It’s& 26&& of the wonders of the world and is&& 27&& to people all over the world.The Great Wall&& 28&& long ago. Everybody in China will tell you that it was built in the Qin Dynasty (秦朝). In fact, it& 29&& a long period of time in China’s&& 30&& .We can&& 31&& tell how many years it took. We don’t know how many stones&& 32&& build the wall. We don’t know how many people died in building the Great Wall. We&& 33&&& can say that it was built&& 34&& the blood and sweat of the Chinese nation. If you have a chance to go to China some day,& 35&&& to go there and have a look at the great wonder. 26. A. the only one& &&&&&&&B. one &&&&& &&C. a& &&&&&&&&&D. ones27. A. unknown&&&&&&&&B. satisfied&&&&& &&C. strange& &&&&&&&&D. known28. A. built&&&&&& &&&&&B. has been built&&& &C. was built& &&&&&&&&D. had been built29. A. paid&&& &&&& &&&&&&B. used&&&&&&&&& &C. spent& &&&&&&&&D. took30. A. history&&& &&&& &&&&&&B. books&&&& &&&& C. stories&& &&&&&&&&D. drawings31. A. never&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. hardly&&&&&&&&& &C. almost &&&D. no longer32. A. are used to&&&&& &&&&&B. were used to&&C. use to &&&&&&&&D. used to33. A. alone&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. there&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. then&&& &&&& &D. only34. A. of &&&&&&&&&B. in &&&&& &&C. with &&&&&&&&&D. at35. A. sure&& &&&&&&&&B. be sure&&&&&&&&&& &C. want&&& &&&&&&&&D. being sureⅥ.阅读理解(每小题2分,满分20分)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&& Here is some information about some of the wonders of the world. I am sure you will be interested in them. The Pyramids of Egypt There are about eighty pyramids known today. The most well-known was for Pharaoh(法老) Khufu. It is known as the “Great Pyramid”. It’s also the largest one. Workers used about 2.3 million blocks of stone to build it. (A) 用了20年的时间才把它建成。The Hanging Gardens of BabylonThe garden sat on a hill. It was a large and wonderful structure(建筑物). Many parts of the garden were high up on large columns(支柱). There were many big and green trees with lovely flowers. Although there are many different ideas about the garden, we are not sure whether this wonder ever existed(存在)! The Lighthouse of Alexandria The Lighthouse of Alexandria was designed about 2,000 years ago. It was in Egypt, too. (B) It was one of the ancient wonders of the world , about 135 metres high. It was once the highest building in the world. Although it doesn’t exist now, many people come to see its relic(遗址) every year. 36. The passage has talked about _____ wonders of the world. A. one&&&&&&&&&B. two&&&&&& &&C. three&&&&&&&&&D. four37. “_____” has the same meaning as Sentence A.A. We built it for twenty years. &&&&&& &&&B. It spent twelve years building it. C. It took twenty years to build it.&& &&&D. Workers took twelve years to build it. 38. _____ raised high up the parts of the garden.A. Big green trees&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. Lovely flowersC. Stones&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&D. Large columns39. The Chinese meaning of Sentence B is “_____”.A. 它是世界奇迹之一&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. 它是世界古代奇观之一C. 它是世界古代奇观&&&&&&&&&& &&&D. 它是世界自然奇观之一40. Which is NOT true?A. The Great Pyramid used many stones to build.B. Scientists can prove that the Hanging Gardens of Babylon has ever existed. C. The Lighthouse of Alexandria was in Egypt. D. The Lighthouse of Alexandria was about 135 metres high.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B&&& The Sydney Opera House is a very famous building in the world.It has become Sydney’s best-known landmark and international symbol.The Opera House with a “sailing roof ” was designed by a famous Danish architect (丹麦建筑师),Utzon.The base for the building was started in 1959,years before the designs were finished.Utzon spent four years designing the Opera House.In 1962,the designs were finalized (定稿) and the construction began.In 1967,they started the decoration inside.It took 14 years in total to build the Opera House.Queen Elizabeth Ⅱ officially opened it on October 20th,1973.The Sydney Opera House cost around $100 million and was paid for by the public. 6,225 square meters of glass was used to build it.The Opera House includes 1,000 rooms.It is 185 meters long and 120 meters wide.The building’s roof sections weigh about 15 tons.Each year,this fantastic building attracts 200,000 tourists to come for a visit or enjoy events in it.The Opera House reaches out into the harbour (港湾).It is amazing and unforgettable,offering people a strong sense of beauty.41.The designer of the Sydney Opera House was from_____.A.America&&&&&&&&B.Australia &&C.England &&&&&&&&D.Denmark42.Building the Sydney Opera House lasted_____.A.from 1959 to 1973&&&&&&B.from 1962 to 1973C.from 1959 to 1967&&&&&&D.from 1962 to 196743.The underlined word “construction” means_____in Chinese.A.创立&&&&&&&&&B.设计&&&&C.施工 &&&&&&&&D.竣工44. _____paid for the cost of the building of the Sydney Opera House.A.Utzon &&&&&&&&B.The public&&&C.Queen Elizabeth Ⅱ&&&&&&D.The government 45.Which is the best title for the passage?A.Sailing Roof&&&&&&&B.Travelling in SydneyC.The Sydney Opera House&&&&D.The Opening of the Opera HouseⅦ.书面表达(满分15 分)请根据下列提示写一篇词数为80左右的日记(开头已为你写好)。假如你是李明,今天游览了世界自然奇观之一――黄山。黄山位于安徽省的南部,每年都能吸引数以百万计的游客来游览。清晨,你乘小汽车到达黄山,那时正下着雨。你一下车就开始登山。大约半小时后,云开始散开,雨停了,太阳也出来了。在登山过程中,你领略了黄山的云海、奇松(wondrous pines)、怪石(unique rocks)等秀丽的风景。August 15, Wednesday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Rainy & fine&& Today I visited the Yellow Mountain, one of the wonders of the natural world. __________________________________________________________________________________________
| 关于我们 -& -& - 网站地图 -& -您的位置:&&
&&江西省吉安一中2015届高三上学期第一次段考英语试卷 Word版含答案
江西省吉安一中2015届高三上学期第一次段考英语试卷 Word版含答案
地区:江西
上传人:IiCl****@
版本:通用
类型:月考/阶段
下载扣点:1点
上传时间:
已有2318人下载该资源
江西省吉安一中2015届高三上学期第一次段考英语试卷 Word版含答案
江西省吉安一中2015届上学期高三第一次段考
第Ⅰ卷(选择题)
听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Where will the woman go first?
A. To the beach.
B. To the bank.
C. To the bathroom.
2. What does the woman mean?
A. The man forgot to do his hair.
B. The man forgot to put on a tie.
C. The man is wearing clothes that don’t match.
3. How does the woman probably feel?
A. Annoyed.
B. Hungry.
C. Excited.
4. Why didn’t the man answer the phone?
A. He lost it.
B. He didn’t hear it.
C. His phone ran out of power.
5. Who did the woman want to call?
C. Daniel.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,共22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。
6. What does the man order?
A. Hot dogs and fries.
B. Burgers and fries.
C. Sandwiches and sodas.
7. How much does the man give the woman as a tip?
A. Three dollars.
B. Two dollars.
C. One dollar.
听第7段材料,回答第8、9题。
8. Where are the speakers?
A. In a car.
B. On a boat.
C. On a motorcycle
9. What is the woman doing?
A. Looking at a paper map.
B. Trying to find a website.
C. Using a phone to give directions.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
10. What does the man like about YouTube?
A. Watching funny home videos.
B. Learning about the special TV channels.
C. Putting his own videos on the website.
11. What kind of meals do the guys make in Epic Meal Time(《超级开饭时间》)?
A. Low fat meals.
B. Unhealthy meals.
C. Vegetarian meats.
12. What happens to the meals in the end?
A. They are tasted by the audience.
B. They are given to the homeless.
C. They are eaten by the cooks and their friends.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
13. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Their vets.
B. Money spent on pets.
C. Ways to buy dogs’ medicines.
14. What is the man’s dog’s name?
C. Ferguson.
15. What doesn’t the woman like about her vet?
A. The limited services.
B. The prices her vet charged.
C. The difficulty of getting an appointment.
16. What isn’t one of the man’s suggestions?
A. Going to his vet.
B. Looking online.
C. Going to a special pet store.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
17. When will the fire arrive close to Lakewood?
A. By six o’clock in the evening.
B. By five o’clock in the evening.
C. By six o’clock in the morning.
18. Where shouldn’t residents go to escape the fire?
A. Springfield.
B. Western Hilt.
C. Point Cabina Station.
19. How long will it take residents to reach the safe zone?
A. Less than 10 minutes.
B. Less than 20 minutes.
C. Less than 30 minutes.
20. What are residents advised to do before they leave?
A. Leave all pets behind.
B. Stay calm and do not panic.
C. Tell the state police where they are going.
英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)
单项填空(共10小题;每小题0.5分,满分5分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. —Can you help me with the math problem, Dad? ___________.
—OK, let me think it over.
A. I’m fed up with it
B. I’m stuck
C. I didn’t get it
D. I can’t find it
22. __________ most efficient way to understand thousands of new words is to gain __________ good knowledge of basic word formation.
23. Most of the inhabitants (居民) can’t afford to buy houses of their own, because the price is rising __________.
A. all the way
B. at last
C. at the same time
D. in total
24. In our city there are several big public parks __________ many people can go to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
A. in which
B. at which
C. from which
D. to which
25. Knowledge from real life isn’t easier to forget than __________ achieved from textbooks.
26. __________ there is no law stating how you may dress, not all fashions are respectable.
A. Because
27. Churchill warned Hitler, “If you dare to invade Britain, you __________ pay for it with great cost.”
28. It is reported that many a new house __________ at present in the disaster area.
A. are being built
B. were being built
C. was being built
D. is being built
29. There is some doubt among people __________ $750 is too much for an iPhone 6.
B. whether
30. The good service at the hotel __________ the poor food to some degree.
A. got rid of
B. got on with
C. made up for
D. made up of
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
Born in 1963 in Sierra Visa, Arizona, USA, Jessica learned to live her life with her feet. Born without arms, she faced many
There were many questions at the time about whether Jessica would be able to live a “
” life. However, Jessica’s father said he
had a tear about her birth condition. He had full confidence in her potential.
of her parents and family, Jessica became confident in herself as an adult and continued to
the world with her feet.
As a child, Jessica studied dance in her hometown. When her first
arrived, she asked to be put in the back row. Her dance teacher told her there was no
Tentatively she took the stage with the other students and performed her
. When she finished, the applause from the audience gave her encouragement and
to continue dancing for 14 years.
. Jessica earned her first Black Belt in the International Taekwondo Federation at the age of 14.
from high school, Jessica attended the University of Arizona
she earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology. When talking about her degree, she frequently
that psychology trusts the way people think has a greater
on their lives than a physical limitation.
Jessica’s most famous accomplishment was learning how to
. It took three states, four airplanes, two flight instructors and a discouraging year to
the right aircraft: a C European Airplane. She
, the Guinness World Record
being the first person, certified to fly an airplane with only her feet.
Jessica now
a motivational speaker. She travels the world sharing her story and
people to be creative and innovative.
31. A. challenges
B. trouble
C. advantages
D. influences
32. A. unique
B. special
D. unusual
33. A. frequently
D. certainly
34. A. argument
B. understanding
C. opposition
D. support
35. A. decorate
B. explore
C. explode
D. establish
36. A. performance
C. exhibition
D. appearance
37. A. back
38. A. line
B. emotion
C. routine
D. behavior
39. A. sympathy
D. confidence
40. A. Unfortunately
B. Delightedly
C. Disappointedly
D. Hopefully
41. A. admitting
B. entering
C. graduating
D. settling
42. A. which
43. A. dreamed
B. ignored
C. explained
D. refused
44. A. symbol
B. frustration
C. evidence
45. A. board
46. A. find
47. A. experienced
B. scheduled
C. received
D. praised
48. A. for
B. against
49. A. describes as
B. regards as
C. treats as
D. works as
50. A. amazing
B. encouraging
C. enjoying
D. astonishing
阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
This is a story from 28 years ago. My dad was a used car salesman. Every Thursday night, he would head off to Shreveport, LA for an auction (拍卖会). Most of the time, I drove a car over there for him so he could sell it at the auction.
One day I was riding with my dad when he noticed a hitch-hiker(搭便车的人) with a backpack. Without hesitation, he pulled the car over and offered him a ride. Dad asked him his name, and proceeded to talk to him about all sorts of things. Dad asked him where he was going. The hitch-hiker told him that he was heading for the west. I can’t recall why but he told Dad a lot of things that had occurred to him and that persuaded him to make that decision. He talked about the tragic events that occurred to him several years before. He was low in spirits, but t could see that the hitch-hiker’s attitude was changing as someone was really listening to him.
We drove 45 minutes before the hitch-hiker got off. We pulled over and Dad told him to keep his head up and things would start looking up for him soon. He reached into his pocket and handed the hitch-hiker a twenty-dollar bill. The guy smiled. He nearly lit up right there on the cold, dark highway.
We drove on and my dad did not say a single thing. I was still completely amazed by what I had just witnessed. I was always told by everyone never to pick up a hitch-hiker and yet my dad did it every single time he saw one. While reflecting upon that story I came to understand that just one single kind act could change someone’s life, and I am sure that my father’s deed made that poor man’s day.
51. The underlined words “that decision” in Para. 2 refer to “__________”.
A. catching the car
B. heading for the west
C. talking about his experiences
D. driving 45 minutes
52. What made the hitch-hiker become less upset?
A. The writer’s father offering him a free ride.
B. The writer’s father really listening to him.
C. The writer’s father agreeing to drive him to his destination.
D. The writer’s father talking to him about all sorts of things.
53. When his father helped the hitch-hiker, the writer __________.
A. was deeply moved
B. strongly disagreed
C. admired his father
D. couldn’t understand
54. Which of the following words CANNOT be used to describe the father?
A. Willing to help.
B. Easy-going.
C. Far-sighted.
D. Full of sympathy.
55. The author wrote the text mainly to __________.
A. show his respect for his father
B. tell a story of his father
C. prove his father is the best teacher
D. advise people to learn from their father
How to improve our life? Many people think that they have to accept whatever life throws at them. They’ll say, “This is my destiny (命运). I cannot change it.”
Of course not! You don’t have to suffer needlessly. Your life depends on you, not on any other external (外部的) factor.
I know a woman who says she just accepts what life gives her because she has done everything she can to improve it. Guess what her lifestyle is? She wakes up in the morning, goes to work, comes back home, relaxes, chats with people, watches TV, and then goes to sleep. Next day, the same routine cycle follows.
Huh! Is this what she calls “doing her best”? She believes she has tried her best and just accepts it in her heart that this is the life that has been intended for her, and that her luck can only change if God wills it. She hasn’t realized that we have to do our share of making the effort to live the life of our dreams.
Remember that you harvest what you sow. You have to get off the sofa, get your eyes off the TV screen, get our hands off the phone (unless it contributes to your success), and get your mind and body to work! Don’t expect your luck to change, unless you do something about it. If something goes wrong, don’t just regard it as instead, learn your lesson, make the most of the situation, and do something to solve the problem. It’s not enough you also have to act positively.
If someone’s life is in trouble, do you just hope and pray that things will turn out fine? Of course not! You get to do anything you can to save the person. So it is with your own life. It is not enough to hope for the best, but you have to do your best. In other words, don’t just stand (or sit) there, do something to improve your life.
56. According to the woman mentioned in Para. 3, her life __________.
A. doesn’t need improving
B. couldn’t be improved
C. will be better someday
D. will be worse in the future
57. What does the author think of the woman’s life?
A. Positive.
B. Passive.
C. Colorful.
D. Boring.
58. Which of the following statements is the author’s opinion?
A. Your temporary problem is not discouraging.
B. Your luck can be changed by your efforts.
C. You can only achieve success when God wills it.
D. You should treat yourself in the way you treat your friends.
59. In Para. 5, the author emphasized the importance of __________.
A. positive thinking
B. positive action
C. hope for the best
D. intention to succeed
60. The text is mainly written to advise you to __________.
A. understand yourself
B. improve your life
C. believe in yourself
D. change your normal way
A single letter written by Albert Einstein was sold for more than $400, 000. But could an e-mail printout or an electronic file reach similar heights? That’s the question facing those who deal in the literary artifacts of public figures, as they struggle to work out how to do business in the electronic world where information can be copied and spread out more easily than ever before.
“Booksellers, collectors and libraries are already trading in digital objects,” Joan Winterkorn, a researcher told people. When Emory University Library bought author Slaman Rushdie’s archives (档案) in 2006, it received a desktop computer, three laptops, a hard drive and a smart phone along with his paper flies. And the writer John Updike, who died last month, started using computers in the 1980s, Winterkorn pointed out, so his “papers” will include a big store of electronic documents.
So far, however, digital archives have been traded as just a small part of a larger, mainly paper-based archive. Indeed, no one is quite sure how much the digital documents of a historical figure are worth.
“I don’t feel the same way about the printout of an e-mail as I do a letter,” said Gabriel Heaton, a literary manuscript specialist, adding that more tangible (有形的) digital objects were easier for auctioneers (拍卖商) to price and sell, “What about a laptop? For example, the one used by J. K. Rowling to write Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in an Edinburgh cafe has real value,” he said. “Because she used it.” Even if the hard drive had been cloned by a library, the artifact would still be valuable.
Gordon Bell, from Microsoft Research, suggested that prices will actually fall to almost nothing. “Once it’s been copied and spread out the value is gone. It’s just a piece of memory.”
61. What is the purpose of the example mentioned in Para. 1?
A. To introduce the topic of the passage.
B. To show that some written letter are of great value.
C. To get readers interested in electronic documents.
D. To tell us to pay attention to public figures, artifacts.
62. According to the text, the trade in digital archives ___________.
A. has been well developed
B. is still in its early stage
C. is enjoying a period of prosperity
D. is developing very rapidly
63. The underlined part in Para. 4 implies that ___________.
A. the printout of an e-mail has no value to keep
B. the auctioneers like to sell tangible digital objects
C. the printout of an e-mail is difficult to price
D. Gabriel Heaton likes to keep famous letters
64. Who doesn’t think digital archives are of great value?
A. Joan Winterkorn.
B. Salman Rushdie.
C. J. K. Rowling.
D. Gordon Bell.
65. What is the author’s attitude towards the trade in electronic documents?
A. Negative.
B. Positive.
C. Neutral.
D. Hopeful.
Does your local town have a nickname (绰号)? If so, what does it say about the area and the people who live there?
Many cities are recognized across the world by their unofficial titles. New York is the Big Apple, London is the Big Smoke, and Los Angles is famously called La La Land (used to mean that the people who live there are slightly crazy).
Now Britain’s national mapping agency, Ordnance Survey, and the British linguistics charity (语言学慈善机构), the English Project, are launching a project to uncover the nicknames people use for local places.
The project, which got started last week to coincide with English Language Day, is called Location Lingo. It aims to identify the names people use every day, whether it’s a term of endearment(昵称) or a hate name.
The University of Winchester’s Professor Bill Lucas is a supporter of the English Project. He explains that unofficial place names often show what people think about a place. “The name that people create for a place forms an emotional connection,” he says. “So Basingstoke becomes Amazingstoke, Swindon is known as Swindump and Padstow, hometown of chef Rick Stein, is nicknamed Padstein.”
Basingstoke is a town in central England. The local nickname, Amazingstoke, shows the affection that locals seem to have for the area Swindon, on the other hand, is sometimes called, Swindump, showing that some people think it’s a dump (垃圾场). Stanford Le Hope in Essex is called Stanford No Hope by locals. And Padstow in Cornwall is so closely associated with the local celebrity Rick Stein that it’s become known as Padstein.
Since launching the online database last week, the creators have already received 3,000 alternative titles for places and famous buildings.
Glen Hart, Ordnance Survey’s head Of research, says the information could be very helpful to the emergency services. For example, “By having the most complete set of nicknames we could help the emergency services quickly locate the right place, and maybe even save lives,” he says.
66. According to Bill Lucas, unofficial place names ___________.
A. are mostly positive
B. make many people confused
C. don’t show the real condition of a place
D. are a good way for people to express their feelings
67. We can learn from the passage that Swindump is probably ___________.
A. a hate name
B. a place of interest
C. a term of endearment
D. a famous person’s name
68. In the opinion of Glen Hart, Britain’s nickname survey ___________.
A. is of little value
B. has a practical use
C. will face lots of difficulties
D. will honor local celebrities
69. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. London is called La La Land.
B. Swindon has many nicknames.
C. People consider Basingstoke a dangerous place.
D. People in Stanford Le Hope are disappointed with it.
70. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Organizations collect unofficial place names.
B. Cities across Britain have special features.
C. Unofficial titles are bringing cities trouble.
D. People have a great affection for their cities.
第Ⅱ卷(非选择题)
语法填空(共一节,满分10分)
A motto is a sentence or a phrase
can inspire us especially when we are
(face) with difficulties. Many of us have our mottoes, such as “Where there is a will, there is a way.” or “Nothing is difficult if you put your heart into it.”, and so on. My motto is “God helps those who help
.” Sometimes I am lazy and don’t want to make efforts
(work) hard,
the moment I think of my motto I will get energetic again and devote myself
what I am doing. I write my motto
I can see it easily. Every time I fail in my exam and begin to lose heart, the sight of my motto inspires me with much
(confident). My motto also makes me become
independent person. That is to say, I won’t rely on others easily.
My friends, what is your motto? If you still haven’t got a motto, please choose
because a motto can have a great effect on you.
71. __________ 72. __________ 73. __________ 74. __________ 75. __________
76. __________ 77. __________ 78. __________ 79. __________ 80. __________
写作(共两节,满分35分)
阅读表达(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
[1] Do you remember the title of the last book you read? Are names sometimes just beyond your brain’s reach? While forgetfulness isn’t necessarily a sign that something’s wrong, it can be frustrating (令人沮丧的). But simple methods can help to sharpen your memory.
[2] Challenge your habits. Sometimes a little bit of habit changing goes a long way. For example, use the ‘wrong’ hand to do an everyday task several times a day. If you usually brush your teeth with your right hand, use your left. The brain ‘knows’ when you’re using the wrong hand. It’s that confusion that stimulates new brain circuits, as the brain struggles to master a new task.
[3] Get involved in music. Listening to music can improve your ability to concentrate and help you to remember what you’ve learnt. Some types of music actually cause brain neurons (神经细胞) to fire more quickly. If you’re really looking forward to sharpening your memory, take up a musical instrument. Whatever the instrument, learning to play will tune your brain’s ability to analyze and focus.
[4] Go out of your way to stay mentally active. What realty counts is not the amount of book learning you did at school or university, it’s how much you actively use your mind. For example, doing crossword puzzles, learning a second language or playing games can exercise your brain.
[5] ___________. Make sure that you get enough of the B vitamins in your diet. They help to repair brain tissue, and turn food into mental energy. Eat fish 2 or 3 times a week. If you drink coffee, you’ll not only get a short-term boost in your ability to concentrate but also long-term benefits as well Besides, the brain is 85 %water, so if you don’t drink at least 8 large glasses of water a day, you could suffer from memory loss.
81. What is this text mainly about? (no more than 5 words)
I’m the mother of a 16-year-old. I have set a rule for my daughter: be among the top five students or get punished in one way or another. She has been doing very well in school, but some friends of mine keep telling me that I put too much pressure on her. Am I wrong?
要点:1.陈述自己的看法。
2.说明理由(可举例子)。
3.提出建议。
78. confidence
81. Ways/How to sharpen your memory.//Methods of sharpening your memory.
82. To introduce the topic.//For introducing the topic.
83. Listening to music and/or taking up a musical instrument.
84. (1) Doing crossword puzzles. (2) Learning a second language. (3) Playing games.(任选两个)
85. Watch/Pay attention to your diet.//Get your diet improved.//Have a healthy diet.
Puzzled Mom,
What puzzles you is actually a puzzle for many parents in China. My idea is that what you do may not be right.
Though grades are an important factor in evaluating students and for their future university admission, development in wisdom, emotion, health and life attitudes should never be ignored. There are many examples around us. Some all-A students in school have turned out not to be as successful in society as they were expected. The reason is often that the pressure from their parents allows them no time for other activities. Furthermore, punishment is by no means a wise choice to help them grow up mentally and physically.
I suggest that you take your friends’ advice. Let your daughter take part in more social activities and let her make mistakes, which is quite normal.
版权所有:中华资源库

我要回帖

更多关于 2014 2015女排联赛 的文章

随机推荐