英语知识运用(共两节,满分30分)
第一节:单项填空 (共20小题;每小题0.5分,满分10分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项标号涂黑。
1. — Lisa, let me pay for it.
— ________. It’s my treat.
A. No wonder
C. No problem
D. No doubt
2. According to a recent study, getting enough sleep is ________ to both physical and mental health.
A. fundamental
B. positive
C. faithful
D. sensitive
3. — Is this Thursday the deadline for the report?
— You ________ be right but I need to check it in my notebook anyway.
D. have to
4. Be open to the possibilities that can change your life — they may bring you a greater ________ of joy and achievements.
A. practice
B. expression
C. knowledge
5. The stories about this secret person, _______ this is one example, are widely spread among people.
A. of which
B. of them
C. with which
D. with them
6. Tony is a fantastic pianist. I’m ________ certain that his concert this Sunday will be a success.
B. gradually
C. consequently
D. absolutely
7. Actually ________ new knowledge and skills into practice, I believe, can be a great way to improve learning.
A. to be putting
B. having put
C. putting
8. — We all went to the wonderful concert. It’s really a pity you didn’t attend it.
— How I wish I ________!
9. We would appreciate it if you don’t ________ to leave your suggestions on our product and your expectations.
A. pretend
B. undertake
C. hesitate
10. I called Hannah many times yesterday evening, but I couldn’t get through. Her sister ________
on the phone all the time!?
A. has been talking
B. was talking
C. has talked
11. _______ of your parents has to come to sign the papers because your signature doesn’t count.
D. Neither
12. Joan is absent from school today. She is not ________ herself these days.
C. getting
D. feeling
13. Europe has achieved more in controlling the AIDS virus than Asia in the past ten years, ________ the number of people infected with the virus is going up sharply.
14. Finance for research is already ________, with which scientists can go on with their further medical experiments.
A. in advance
B. in demand
C. in order
D. in place
15. Black Friday is the Friday following ________ Thanksgiving Day, often regarded as the beginning of ________ Christmas shopping season.
16. Through all his efforts, Thomas eventually accomplished his dream ________ he could play in one of the top teams.
17. — Have you found a new job, Jim?
— Not yet. I really regret ________ the IBM’s offer.
A. taking down
B. turning down
C. putting down
D. setting down
18. There is not much time left. But ________, we must get well prepared for the sports meeting.
B. besides
C. somehow
D. however
19. With everything _______, the committee thought their plan was much better than yours.
A. being considered
B. considered
C. to consider
D. considering
20. — It’s so nice to finally have a warm, sunny day!
— _______! Now I’m expecting our picnic this weekend.
A. You can count on me
B. You’ve got me
C. You name it
D. You can say that again
第二节:完形填空 (共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21— 40 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项标号涂黑。
When I was about twelve, I was going to a restaurant for dinner with my family. It was winter, and on that
night, the wind was really blowing.
As my mom and I headed towards the
from our car, a girl about my age and her mother came up to us. They asked if we had any
change. My mom immediately asked where they kept their things. They pointed to an old car in the parking lot across the street. The girl said there were six of them
in that car.
them a few dollars, my mom said she had
to do and we said good-bye to them. Then my mother
me inside the restaurant with my dad and my three siblings (兄弟姐妹).?But she didn’t enter.
Later, I found out that she had gone home and practically
our cupboards in our kitchen into a few bags. Then she brought the food over to the car and handed the
to the family. I wasn’t there when that part happened, but I can imagine the
it brought to them.
A few days later, when I
found out about what she had done, I asked her
she helped those people. She told me that we were
and that they weren’t as lucky. I remember the face of that girl who had asked us for
. She was the same age as me, yet we looked so
Here I stood, dressed in almost new clothes, headed to eat in a restaurant and then back home to the bedroom I
with my younger sister. I
thinking that girl didn’t have any food to eat, and that she was headed back to a cold
shared with 5 other people.
After painting this picture in my mind, I
why my mom had done so. I will never forget what she did that night, and how she taught me one of the best
I ever learned.
Thank you mom, I love you.
21. A. ordinary
C. particular
D. familiar
22. A. restaurant
B. parking lot
D. shopping center
23. A. necessary
D. useless
24. A. driving
B. sleeping
C. working
25. A. lending
B. handing
C. showing
D. charging
26. A. anything
B. nothing
C. everything
D. something
27. A. carried
B. allowed
D. dragged
28. A. emptied
B. divided
29. A. cupboards
B. dollars
C. clothes
30. A. sorrow
D. concern
31. A. nearly
B. unfortunately
D. actually
32. A. when
33. A. rich
34. A. change
35. A. special
B. different
C. similar
36. A. decorated
B. exchanged
D. occupied
37. A. remember
38. A. room
B. kitchen
39. A. proved
B. understood
C. believed
D. considered
40. A. stories
B. incidents
C. experiences
D. lessons
第二部分 阅读理解(第一节20小题,第二节5小题;每小题2分,满分50分)
第一节:阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项标号涂黑。
Mom was right! If you say thank you, for even the smallest gift or slightest show of kindness, you’ll feel happy.
Gratitude, says Robert A. Emmons, a professor of psychology at the University of California, is an important element of happiness. In his recent book, Thanks!, Emmons uses the first major study on gratitude to prove mom’s point. In acknowledging and developing this much-ignored expression of thankfulness, he explains how people have benefited — even improved their health.
As one of the leading scholars of the positive psychology movement, he admits gratitude may be difficult to express. He advises you to begin by admitting that life is good and full of events and elements that make daily existence a wonder. Second, recognize that the source of life’s goodness is more than just you. That source may be your mom, a friend, partner, child, colleague at work or play, or any combination of these.
Gratitude is always other-directed, notes Emmons. You can be pleased or angry with yourself and feel guilty about doing something wrong, but you can never be grateful to or for yourself.
Expressing gratitude shouldn’ it should be a state of mind. To feel grateful when life is a breeze and you have more than you need is easy. To feel grateful in time of crisis — anger, hatred and bitterness — is easier. Also, too many people are aware of life’s blessings only after these are lost.
It’s crisis and chaos — danger, disease, disability and death — that bring many individuals to realize just how dependent they are on others. Yet it’s the way each of us begins life and ends it. It’s too bad that so many people waste those decades in between laboring under the illusion (幻觉) they are self-sufficient, says Emmons.
The abundance of voices expressing gratitude from his studies of individuals with health problems is many. But Emmons goes beyond his “groundbreaking” science to make his case for gratitude by including the inspirational writings of philosophers, novelists and saints, as well as the beliefs of various religions and their respective scriptures (经文). Taken together, these observations are summed up quite nicely by famous humanist Albert Schweitzer, who said the secret of life is “giving thanks for everything.”
To enable and embrace gratitude, Emmons encourages the readers of Thanks! to keep a gratitude diary. He even provides easy-to-follow directions on how to practise and develop gratitude.
I’m not a reader or advocate of self-help books, but I am thankful for the reference I found in a newspaper article to the research Emmons was conducting on gratitude involving organ givers and receivers. The chance discovery led me to this book.
Mom implied that kindness seems to find its way back to the giver because life really is all about giving, receiving and repaying. So I’ll pay attention to her professional advice and say: Thank you, professor Emmons.
41. What is the text mainly discussed?
A. There are many ways of being thankful.
B. Gratitude is important to happiness.
C. Mom is great for her being thankful.
D. Being thankful will keep you fit.
42. The author mentions Robert A. Emmons’ book Thanks! in order to prove that __________.
A. Professor Emmons supports mom’s study on psychology
B. mom is as great a psychologist as Professor Emmons
C. Professor Emmons is a famous psychologist
D. mom is right about her viewpoint on gratitude
43. It will be easier for you to feel grateful when __________.
A. you live a comfortable life
B. you receive gifts on your birthday
C. you get help during your hard times
D. you are congratulated on your success
44. What is the opinion of Professor Emmons?
A. It is enough to thank others orally.
B. Whether you are thankful is always up to you.
C. Remember to be thankful anytime and anywhere.
D. It is easier to be thankful for yourself than for others.
45. In the writer’s opinion, Emmons’ book Thanks! on gratitude is __________.
A. one-sided
B. reasonable
C. puzzling
D. helpful
Sagrada Familia (2,056,448 visits / year)
Opening hours: 09:00-18:00 (October-March); 09:00-20:00 (April-September)
Admission: $11, or $10 with the Barcelona Card.
Disabled Access: Yes.
The temple has been under construction since 1882 and they’ve still got another 30 to 80 years to go before it will be finished. The project’s vast scale and its special design have made it one of Barcelona’s top tourist attractions for many years.
La Pedrera (1,133,220 visits / year)
Opening hours: November-February: 09:00-18:30; March-October: 09:00-20:00
Admission: $ 9.50. Save 20% with the Barcelona Card.
Disabled Access: No.
This building used to be called Casa Mila but nowadays it’s more commonly known as La Pedrera. It is a unique modernist building in Barcelona and was made of bricks and had colorful tiles (瓦). It was built between 1906 and 1912 by famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi () and in 1984 it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site with other Gaudi buildings in Barcelona. Visitors to La Pedrera can see the amazing 800 square meters attic with 270 brick arches that give you a feeling that you are walking inside the skeleton (骨架) of a whale. The roof is equally impressive and is preserved exactly the way that it was built in 1912 with six staircases and seven chimneys each made in a unique style.
Barcelona FC Museum (1,032,763 visits / year)?
Opening hours: 6th April-4th October: (Monday to Saturday) 10:00-20:00; the rest of the year: 10:00 -18:30
Admission: $8.50 for entry to the museum and $17 for a guided tour.
When you buy your ticket you have two options. You can buy a ticket for the museum to see the football stadium or you can buy a dual (双的) ticket for $ 15 where you get to see the museum and the scenes at the club.
Miro Museum (518,869 visits / year)
Opening hours: Check the website for details as they vary depending on the time of the year.
Admission: $8. Save 20% with the Barcelona Card.
This museum has a wide range of Miro’s work dating back as far as 1914. This artwork collection not only includes his paintings but also a good selection of sculptures.
Picasso Museum (887,958 visits / year)
Opening hours: Check the website for details as they vary depending on the time of the year.
Admission: $9 for main exhibition — extra for special showings. Save 50% with the Barcelona Card.
The museum has arranged Picasso’s paintings in chronological order from his early days to his final works. Arranging the paintings in this way gives you a fascinating insight into the development of Picasso thinking over time and shows how he developed the distinctive designs that he is famous for today. Very popular art gallery.
46. Which of the following attractions is the most popular with people?
A. Sagrada Familia?????????????? ?????
B. La Pedrera
C. Barcelona FC Museum? ??????? ??
D. Picasso Museum
47. What do we know about the tourist attractions mentioned in the above passage?
A. Miro Museum was built in 1914.
B. La Pedrera was built in a unique style.
C. Barcelona FC Museum may attract baseball fans.
D. Sagrada Familia is the largest building in Barcelona.
48. If you visit the stadium and the club with a tour guide in Barcelona FC Museum, you should pay __________.
A. $ 25.5?????????????????????????????B. $ 32???????????????????????? C. $ 42.5????????????????????????????? D. $ 34
49. What do all the attractions have in common?
A. They are famous for their architectural style.
B. They are available for the disabled people.
C. Their opening hours are changeable in different seasons.
D. Tourists can have a discount of 20% with the Barcelona Card.
We all remember dozing off (瞌睡) during a boring class at school. A robotic teacher that monitors students’ attention levels and follows the techniques human teachers use to hold their pupils’ attention promises to end the doze, especially for students who have their lessons online. Tests indicate the robot can improve how much students remember from their lessons.
Intelligent tutoring systems that use virtual (虚拟的) teachers to interact with students could play a key role in the expanding field of online education. The trouble with online courses is that it is usually impossible to know whether the student is concentrating and engaging with the lesson. Unlike virtual teachers, human teachers have a series of tricks for keeping their classes focused — changing the tone of their voice, for example, or gesturing to emphasize points and engage with their audience. Bilge Mutlu and Dan Szafir at the University of Wisconsin-Madison wanted to find out whether a robot could use some of the same techniques to improve how much a student focuses.
“We want to look at how learning happens in the real world.” says Mutlu. “What do human teachers do and how can we draw on that to build an educational robot that achieves something similar?”
The pair programmed a robot to tell students a story in a one-on-one situation and then tested them afterwards to see how much they had remembered. Engagement levels were monitored using a $200 EEG sensor to monitor the FP1 area of the brain, which manages learning and concentration. When a significant decrease in certain brain signals indicated that the student’s attention level had fallen, the system sent a signal to the robot to produce a cue (提示). “We can’t do it just at any given moment, we have to try and do it like human teachers do.” says Mutlu.
The robot teacher first told a short story about the animals that make up the Chinese animal zodiac (生肖), in order to get a baseline EEG reading. Next, the robot told a longer 10-minute story based on a little-known Japanese folk tale called My Lord Bag of Rice, which the student was unlikely to have heard before.
During this story the robot raised its voice or used arm gestures to regain the student’s attention if the EEG levels dipped. These included pointing at itself or towards the listener — or using its arms to indicate a high mountain, for example. Two other groups were tested but the robot either gave no cues, or tested them randomly throughout the storytelling. Afterwards, the students were asked a few questions about the Chinese zodiac to distract (分散注意) them before being asked a series of questions about the folk tale.
As the team had expected, the students who were given a cue by the robot when their attention was disappearing were much better at recalling the story than the other two groups, answering an average of 9 out of 14 questions correctly, as compared with just 6.3 when the robot gave no cues at all.
The idea of regaining students’ attention in this way would have “significant meanings for the field of education”, says Andrew Ng, director of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab.
“One-on-one tutoring has been repeatedly shown to give notable results in student learning, but the main problem with it is the cost, and that it’s just difficult to measure,” Ng says. “The imagining of automatically measuring student engagement so as to build a more interactive(互动的)teacher is very exciting.”
50. What does the author tell us in Paragraph 2 about online education?
A. It has trouble in monitoring the students.
B. It plays an important part in students’ learning.
C. It is more popular with students than traditional education.
D. It enables students to follow teachers’ instructions better.
51. The underlined word “dipped” in Paragraph 6 is closest in meaning to “__________”.
C. remained
D. continued
52. Which of the following is the result of Bilge Mutlu and Dan Szafir’s test?
A. The robot teacher’s voice made the students remember more.
B. The students who were given cues from the robot were much better at remembering.
C. The students could stay focused due to the attractive gestures of the robot teacher.
D. The robot teacher was better at telling stories to students in an individual situation.
53. Which of the following would Andrew Ng probably agree with?
A. A robot teacher can distract the students’ attention.
B. One-on-one tutoring costs less than a robot teacher.
C. A more interactive robot teacher will be very promising.
D. Attention plays the most important role in students’ education.
54. What would be the best title for the text?
A. How to Hold Pupils’ Attention
B. Fun Programs for Robot Teachers
C. How to Avoid Dozing Off during Classes
D. Robot Teachers Keep Students Focused
Holly was confused as she opened the gift from her best friend, Susan.
“I...I thought you could use it for something.” Susan’s explanation did nothing to help us understand why a twelve-by-eighteen-inch dark blue carpet was being presented as a birthday gift.?
The murmured “thanks” was barely heard as Holly tried hard not to allow her disappointment to show. She laid the piece of carpet on the kitchen counter, and the two girls headed outside to play with the family dogs.
Holly’s disappointment over the incident didn’t become evident until the following evening when she came downstairs to say good night. “Well, I guess we know how much my best friend thinks of me, huh, Mom?” Her attempt at a cheerful tone failed completely.
The next morning, I carried a kitchen rubbish bag outside. My heart wrenched as I opened the rubbish can and saw Susan’s carpet lying among the other waste items. Hesitating only a moment, I reached in and pulled it out of the can. After giving it a light brushing, I brought it into the house and put it away in the hall closet. Occupied by the business of daily living, the carpet was soon forgotten.
Before Holly’s birthday, Susan had been a regular visitor in our home. On several occasions, she rode the bus home with Holly and was one of the few friends ever permitted to stay over on a school night. The girls did their homework together and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Now as I cooked the evening meal, I realized it had been nearly three weeks since we’d even heard the mention of Susan’s name. I missed her warm smile and eager-to-please ways.
The noise at the front door told me Holly had arrived home from school. “Susan invited me to come over to her house after school tomorrow.” She announced as she put her books down on the kitchen table. Although her voice carried a so-what attitude, I sensed she was pleased by the invitation.
Arrangements were made, and the girls rode home together on the school bus the following day. As I travelled along the winding country road that led to her house, Susan talked nervously about her foster mom (养母) and the seventeen cats she had taken in and cared for with Susan’s help.
Susan guided us through the house. She proudly showed us her room, which was decorated with used furniture. An old picture frame (框架) sitting beside the bed contained pictures of Susan’s parents and siblings from whom, we later learned, she had long since been separated.
I followed Susan’s foster mom — who introduced herself as Glenda — into the kitchen. After clearing a small area, Glenda placed a couple of cups on the table. Her hand trembled slightly as she poured us each a cup of steaming black coffee. She began to relax as we drank our coffee and chatted about her cats.
Her eyes shone as she showed her fondness for Susan. But her expression turned blue when she referred briefly to the girl’s past. In a short time, I came to respect this generous-hearted woman who had opened her home to a young girl and attempted to make a difference in her life.
As daylight began to fade, we offered our thanks for the visit and said good-bye.?
Holly sat quietly in the car on the way home. Stealing a glance, I noticed her back was straight. Her head and shoulders were thrust forward as if willing the car to move faster. No sooner had we come to a stop in the driveway than she threw open the car door and walked purposefully toward the side gate. Curious, I followed. My throat tightened as I observed my daughter standing next to the rubbish can looking inside. Her shoulders dropped as she replaced the lid of the can and dragged into the house.
“Is this what you were looking for?” I placed the piece of carpet on the table in front of her. “Thanks, Mom.” A tear or two slipped from her eyes and splashed onto the dark blue carpet that, as if by magic, had become the most precious birthday present in the whole world.
55. It can be inferred from the first four paragraphs that Holly __________.
A. was not happy but sincerely grateful for the birthday present from Susan
B. didn’t care what Susan gave her as a birthday gift
C. didn’t show any disappointment until later the following evening
D. was both confused and dissatisfied with the present from Susan
56. The underlined words in the fifth paragraph probably mean the writer felt __________.
A. nervous
C. embarrassed
57. What can we learn from the sixth and seventh paragraphs?
A. The author missed Susan very much, but Holly didn’t.
B. Holly was a girl who behaved casually in her daily life.
C. What Holly said did not agree with what she really thought.
D. The friendship between Susan and Holly was broken.
58. According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Glenda was nervous throughout the author’s visit.
B. Poor as her family was, Susan enjoyed her life.
C. Glenda loved to keep cats and was fond of Susan.
D. Glenda and Susan lived in a farmhouse with old furniture.
59. Why was Holly’s behavior so strange on her way home?
A. She felt completely tired after the day’s visit to Susan’s house.
B. She realized why Susan had given her a piece of carpet as a present.
C. She was angry that Susan hadn’t told her about her family background.
D. She was shocked since she had never seen such a poor family.
60. Which is the best title for this passage?
A. Susan’s Magic Carpet
B. Friendship?and?Family
C. A Silly Birthday Present
D. The Honesty of Poor People
第二节: 下面文章中有5处(第61—65题)需要添加小标题。请从以下选项(A、B、C、D、E和F)中选出符合各段意思的小标题,并在答题纸上将相应选项的标号涂黑。选项中有一项是多余选项。
A. How to deal with listening practice B. Class atmosphere matters a lot in learning C. Monitoring activities is one of the main tasks of teachers D. How to evaluate student performance E. Group work needs organizing properly F. Communication skills play a big role in language learning
Both instructors and learners can get benefits from the following learning strategies as long as they are properly made use of in language learning. 61. __________
Many of the activities in this section involve the students’ cooperating work in class. Generally, such an activity taken up by four members seems to work the best. Groups of three or five members may also be effective, depending on the activity. The first unit includes guidelines for organizing group work, with students taking on the following roles: leader, reader, summarizer, reporter, and observer (if necessary). Organizing all activities in this way makes the course truly learner-centered since students must take full responsibility for carrying out each activity. As for seating, group members should arrange their seats or chairs in a small circle to encourage interaction. 62. __________
In a speaking or listening course, students’ anxieties can affect their learning. For this reason, it is important to establish a friendly, relaxed classroom environment. It may help students to think of the classroom as a laboratory where they can experiment and take risks with the language. In such circumstances, students should realize that errors are a natural and expected part of learning a language. In addition, one of the goals of this part is to encourage students to examine their own opinions and values while at the same time showing respect for the opinions and values of others. 63. __________
The information presented in this section focuses on specific conversation, discussion, or presentation skills. The activities are generally self-explanatory, with students expressing opinions, making decisions, solving problems, planning presentations, and so on. Engaged in these activities, students have the possibility of communicating with each other in class. This section also includes lists of expressions used to make clear different language functions, such as agreeing, disagreeing, and asking for clarity in order to help students expand their knowledge of English. 64. __________
Being a teacher, in the course of group activities, you should circulate from group to group, which helps ensure that students are on task and are using English. While you should not participate in pair or group activities, you need to stay involved in what the students are doing. One important reason to circulate during activities is to keep track of the kinds of problems students have, such as grammatical accuracy, fluency, word choice, pronunciation and intonation discussion strategies, etc. However, it is generally not effective to correct students’ errors when they are involved in an activity. The most practical way to deal with communication problems is to make notes of what you observe as you are circulating. You can then use this information to provide feedback after the activity or to develop future lessons. 65. __________
At the beginning of the course, when they need to build up their confidence, students benefit most from encouragement and positive comment. If possible, you’d rather not grade the students first few efforts at speaking in a group or to the class. Many students suffer such anxiety in speaking situations that any criticism at this stage can have the opposite effects. Commenting on students’ work does not necessarily mean grading them on the scene. Even if the program requires formal grades, you should try to put off assigning grades until later in the term.
非选择题部分(共40分)
写作(共两节,满分40分)
第一节:短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
下面短文中有10处语言错误。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11起)不计分。I have a good friend — a smart cat. He enjoys playing with me, that brings much happiness to me.
One evening, I noticed that my cat stopped playing. I looked up, and here, about three meters ahead of my cat, was a big mouse. It seems to be eating something, their little eyes turning to look around from time to time.
I held my breath and felt a bit exciting. I couldn’t help wondering whether my cat was able to catch so big mouse. Suddenly, he jumped at the mouse with his mouth widely open. The mouse tried to escape, and it was too late. The poor mouse was killed before it realized that what had happened. Then my cat held the mouse between his tooth and brought it over to me as if to say he had done a good job.
第二节: 书面表达(满分30分)
假如你是育才中学高三学生李越,打算毕业后到美国留学,请给你的美国朋友Jim写一封英文电子邮件,内容要求如下:
1、留美原因;
2、目前困扰;
3、征求对方意见。
注意:词数100-120左右。
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
浦江县2014年高考适应性考试英语试题参考答案
第一节:短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
I have a good friend — a smart cat. He enjoys playing with me, that brings much happiness to me.
One evening, I noticed that my cat stopped playing. I looked up, and here, about three meters
ahead of my cat, was a big mouse. It seems to be eating something, their little eyes turning to look
around from time to time.
I held my breath and felt a bit exciting. I couldn’t help wondering whether my cat was able to
catch so big∧mouse. Suddenly, he jumped at the mouse with his mouth widely open. The mouse
tried to escape, and it was too late. The poor mouse was killed before it realized that what had
happened. Then my cat held the mouse between his tooth and brought it over to me as if to say he had
done a good job.
I’m writing to tell you about my final decision to go to America for further study after graduation. As you know, I’ve been longing to go to America. For one thing, I want to experience American culture, which is believed to be the most diverse in the world. For another, I hope to broaden my horizons in this developed country.
But to tell you the truth, I have some worries about it. Firstly, I don’t have a good command of English, especially spoken English, so I’m afraid I’ll have difficulty fitting in very soon. Besides, I may be faced with high pressure from college courses, and I’m not sure whether I can handle it.
With so many things bothering me, I hope you can offer me some practical advice.
Looking forward to your reply.
版权所有:中华资源库
It was very nice to get your invitation to spend∧weekend with you. Luckily I was
completely free then, so I’ll to say “yes”, I’ll arrive in Bristol at around 8:00 p.m. in Friday

我要回帖

更多关于 when she cries 的文章

随机推荐