较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢中国访问量和人气最高的顶级学习平台:
您的位置:&&&&&&&&&&
美国普林斯顿大学对推荐信有好的建议吗?
请问:美国普林斯顿大学推荐信有好的建议吗?
时代焦点:3封&(必须)
相关推荐:
 Letters of Recommendation/Committee Letter
  I am a sophomore hoping to apply to medical school starting a year from now (summer after junior year), to go straight into med school after graduation. You request that we have 4-6 letters of recommendation submitted to your office by April 13. I read that you forward all recommendations to medical schools. Do these 4-6 recommendations take the place of us having professors send letters directly along with our applications over the summer? Or do I need to ask professors to write two sets of recommendations? My brother informed me that medical schools only want 3 letters of recommendation. So how does HPA forward 4-6 to medical schools? Will admissions committees read them, or does someone assign priority to them?
  Answer: Generally speaking, medical schools require at least 3 letters of recommendation. We collect up to 6 for each applicant in this office, and forward them along with our evaluative letter, which is based on your pre-application interview. The entire packet of material is referred to most often as your &committee letter.& We forward these packets to medical schools for you in early August of the year you're applying (2008 for you). Your recommenders do not send letters directly to medical schools, nor should you ask them to do so. All letters come directly from this office. We know which ones to expect as you have cited them on your Form 4 (in the Application Guide you will receive at the mandatory pre-application meeting in December). We cannot know whether the schools read every letter or not. We hope that they do. But in case they don't, we do put the very best letters right behind our evaluative letter, so that your strongest are on top. We limit everyone to 6 letters max, most applicants gather 4-5. The April 13th deadline applied only to this year (2007) but will probably remain sometime around mid-April in future years.
  Additional Recommendation Letters If Wait-listed
  I am wondering about getting more letters of recommendation to augment my application at wait-list schools. At this point, can I just have the writer send the letters directly to the schools or, to save them time, can I take the letter myself and copy and send it to the schools? My PI here at the NIH has written me a letter already, but I may have one of the post-doctoral fellows with whom I work very closely write me another one. I know they would be happy to do so.
  Answer: The letters should still be confidential, so give your recommenders the stamped-addressed envelopes and ask them to send the letter as soon as possible to the schools where you are wait-listed. This is a very good idea. They could also email the letter if their letterhead appears in the email. In that case you could give admission deans& titles and email addresses to the recommenders to use. Good luck!
  MD/MPH Recommendation Letters
  If I am planning to apply for an MD/MPH joint degree, how should I go about asking for recommendations? Can I ask the same people to discuss their experiences with me with respect to both medicine and public health in one letter? Or do I need to find two different sets of people to write separate recommendations for the MD and MPH?
  Answer: Each MPH program has slightly different requirements concerning letters of recommendation, so it's always best to check directly with the programs you've chosen to destermine what they would prefer. Generally speaking, we would recommend that you obtain separate letters of recommendation for the two programs, MD and MPH. Your committee letter from our office, which contains recommendation letters for medical school that you have asked your recommenders to submit to us, will go to your medical schools. For MPH programs, however, you should gather approximately 3 letters discussing your interest in public health. The people who write your MD and your MPH letters m you need only ask each to tailor his/her letter to each advanced degree, creating two versions - often the changes needed are very slight. How do the MPH letters get to your schools of public health? The Career Services office on campus has a credentials service that will gather your letters and distribute them to your MPH programs, and it might be a good idea to register for this service if you are applying to many MPH programs. Go to:
  http://web.princeton.edu/sites/career/
  Undergrad/GradSchool/credentials_info.html
  for more information. But if it's only a few schools you've chosen, it may be simple enough to ask your recommenders to send their letters individually to the programs (supply your recommenders with addressed, stamped envelopes, of course). The sending of your med school letters is taken care of entirely by the HPA office.
  Securing Recommendations from Professors Teaching Large Classes
  I just had a quick question about good sources for recommendations here at Princeton. I am majoring in Econ, which I love. However, since most of the science classes I have taken thus far - as a non-major - are large classes, how would you suggest I go about getting recommendations for med school? Anyway, thank you again for all your help. I truly appreciate it!
  Answer: When the time comes to apply to medical school, we will recommend that you find at least two people in science (preferably people who have taught you, but not always) to write you letters of recommendation. If this seems difficult given the size of the pre-med science courses, our first hope would be that you will continue beyond the med school requirements and take smaller, upper-level science classes during junior and senior year, where you will get to know your faculty more easily. Non-science majors should continue to take some science throughout their college years. However, if for some reason it is still a concern of yours at the time you're applying, then you should approach the professor or TA in person, ideally after making an appointment (not hectic office hours, if it can be helped). Bring with you a copy of one assignment from the class, just a resume or informal list of activities, often in the form of your Form 2 from the packet of material that you will complete for our office (which lists your activities); and a rough draft of a statement about why you are pursuing medicine (often this is a draft of the Autobiography that you will write for our office, but not always). Have this material available in a folder and offer it to your recommenders. It's probably much more than they need, but it's better to have too much information about yourself rather than too little. As long as you performed well in their classes and you've provided the recommenders with additional info, there's really nothing to worry about. It is very rare that a professor refuses to write a letter, or writes a poor one, if the student goes to that much trouble.
  Is it OK if one of my fellow students writes a letter of recommendation for me?
  I'm applying to medical school this summer. I'm collecting letters of recommendation, and I'm wondering if it's okay to have a letter from
时代焦点热报课程
时代焦点快播
最新排行榜
24h全国免费电话:400-&/&010 -
北京时代焦点国际教育咨询有限责任公司
Copyright@ Focus Education.All Rights Reserved.京ICP备号
去美国读高中
去美国读本科
去美国读研究生请问申请美国研究生,推荐信晚于deadline可以吗?_百度知道
请问申请美国研究生,推荐信晚于deadline可以吗?
然后就过了网申的截止日期了,我有三个推荐信,教授那边还能递交推荐信嘛,按时上交了,有两个都很热情,不知道过了截止日期后,但有一位教授正好不在国内我之前申请的美国研究生
提问者采纳
如果你是网上递交的申请,网上递交推荐信是晚了点也没事的,等资料齐全了program’s Admissions Committee就会看的。
提问者评价
其他类似问题
deadline的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁2015留学特别推荐——学雅思去美国(研究生篇)_新东方网_第9页
您好,欢迎来到新东方
& 文章正文
13:59&&作者:&&来源:新东方网&&字号:|
威斯康星大学麦迪逊分校工程物理学
学术英语成绩
机械工程Mechanical Engineering
目标入学时间
实习经历相关
1. 2006年8月& 斯伦贝谢中国海洋服务有限公司
2006年7月& 龙山环保科技实业有限公司
3. 2005年8月& 威德福亚太有限公司
实习成长:
工作经历:
工作经验:
2012年模拟出通过Savonius 和巴赫类型风力涡轮机的窗口,按时间函数模拟刀片的压力传递,优化涡轮设计;
计算从大型星系风发出的伽马射线的数值,模拟宇宙射线电子光谱建模的冷却效应;从费米伽马射线太空望远镜比较了γ射线对观测数据的预测。
Dynamical Role of Cosmic Rays in Galactic Winds, Astronomical Society of the
Pacific Conference Series, vol. 438.
Dynamic Interstellar Medium: A Celebration of the Canadian Galactic Plane
Survey, pp. 45-51. ed. 2010
2012至今 伊利诺理工大学 助理研究员
威斯康星大学麦迪逊分校 本科助理研究员
2010、2009年 工程物理学奖学金 威斯康星大学麦迪逊分校
&2008年 L. R. Ingersoll 奖学金 威斯康星大学麦迪逊分校
威斯康星大学麦迪逊分校院系荣誉榜
申请院校和录取结果
卡内基梅隆大学
H同学在美国完成本科,并获得Wisconsin奖学金,有做过助理研究员的经历和发表过2篇论文,但是学生把申请都拖到deadline才提交;他联系的好几个老师都不肯给他写推荐信,给他写推荐信的老师对他的评价不是很乐观,最后在我们的精心指导下完成文书的写作,我们也积极与教授联系拿到推荐信并赶在deadline前提交申请,最后如愿获得2所名校的录取。
(实习编辑:袁梅)
更多&&文章推荐
相关文章导读
精彩是人生持续一辈子的过程,绝对不是高考和中考一锤子就可以定下来的,这一锤子只是你的精彩之一!
猫猫猫猫猫猫咪呀
Scarlettonly
明教小魔女

我要回帖

更多关于 研究生自我推荐信 的文章

随机推荐