chinese traditionall women tea的作用

Traditional tea-seed oil mill in SE China
( People's Daily Online )
Oil is extracted from -seed cakes. [.cn]
"There are only four oil mills left in the village," said Li Huidou, owner of a traditional hand-pressed tea-seed oil mill in Hongtian Village in southeast China’s Fujian province. He and his brother, Li Huihuang, inherited this mill from their parents.
It’s not easy to extract tea-seed oil by hand. Before the tea seeds go into the semi-automatic oil press machine, they need to be shaped into cakes with a diameter of 33 centimeters and thickness of 5 centimeters by hand.
"With the appearance of the modern press machines, few young people want to learn the traditional craft of oil extraction," said Li Huihuang.
Previous Page
Related Articles
Editor's Picks
Most PopularTraditional Medicinals, Tea, Herbal -
1-24 von 60
Sortieren nach
Meistgekauft
Customer Rating
Preis: Aufsteigend
Preis: Absteigend
Am neuesten
Höchstes Gewicht
Geringstes Gewicht
Nicht auf Lager
Nicht auf Lager
Nicht auf Lager
Nicht auf Lager
Nicht auf Lager
Fr5 - Fr10
Fr10 - Fr20
Fr20 - Fr40
Caffeine-Free
Fair Trade
0.0 - 0.1 lb
0.1 - 0.2 lb
0.2 - 0.3 lb
0.3 - 0.4 lbTraditional Medicinals, Tea, Herbal -
Best Selling
Customer Rating
Price: Low to High
Price: High to Low
kr0 - kr50
kr50 - kr100
kr100 - kr200
kr200 - kr400
Fair Trade
Caffeine-Free
0.0 - 0.1 lb
0.1 - 0.2 lb
0.2 - 0.3 lb
0.3 - 0.4 lbPregnancy& Tea - Traditional Medicinals
Most Recent Articles
Pregnancy& Tea
SHARE THIS ITEM
Personality
Glowing, beautiful and full of life.
Herbal Power
Supports your pregnancy, traditionally used to prepare the womb for child birth.*
Reason to Love
You&re big, you&re round, you&re beautiful. Or maybe you&ve got just a hint of a bump showing. Either way, you&re probably doing everything you can to nurture that new life inside you. That&s why our herbalists created this blend of supportive herbs to help tone the uterus and prepare the womb for childbirth.* A combination of raspberry and nettle leaf, as well as other herbs like alfalfa, we love this tea both for its pleasingly mild, minty taste as well as for its gentle support of a healthy pregnancy.*
Mildly sweet and spearminty.
Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.
Cover cup & Steep for 10-15 minutes.
Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup.
Enjoy 3 cups daily.
Called a partus preparator in Latin (a term meaning, &delivery preparer&) for its role in preparing the womb for childbirth, herbalists have used raspberry leaf for thousands of years to support pregnant women.* We get our raspberry leaf from the Gorazde collection region of Bosnia, a place of gorgeous rolling hills and meadows. Picked in the wild by a group of collector families and neighbors who live on small plots of land, the young leaves are best when harvested in early summer before the fruits develop.
Pregnancy& Tea is rated
4.445 out of
Rated 4 out of
New to Teas Mommy from
Peace of Mind
I had heard about pregnancy teas in my first pregnancy, but didn&t know where to find them. Little did I know how popular they were and when I discussed with my Midwife for this, my second pregnancy, that she highly recommended them. I have tried both the pregnancy tea and the raspberry leaf tea. I honestly don&t taste much difference between the two, but I haven&t made a point to compare them side-to-side. The taste is bland - I sometimes mix it with other safe herbal teas like peppermint, chamomile or raspberry to give it a different flavor, but really enjoy knowing that there is something I can do to keep hydrated and possibly improve my upcoming labor experience. I plan to purchase these as gifts for my other pregnant friends for baby showers!
Rated 5 out of
Tal W from
Used even before I was pregnant!
With my previous baby, I drank a lot of the Mother&s Milk tea, so when we started talking about having another, I picked some of this up from a local grocer. The taste is great! Not bitter or overpowering at all. 11 weeks along and still drinking it! I would love to see more motherhood related teas from this company!
Rated 5 out of
Chelsea R from
Enjoyable iced
I&ve been drinking this since the start of my pregnancy 29 weeks ago and I like it a lot.
I think it tastes better iced with a bit of honey in it, but the incentive that it could possibly make labor and delivery a bit easier was definitely a hook for me as I&m trying to keep this pregnancy and L&D completely drug free. So far so good! Going to be buying this for the multitudes of pregnant friends I have this year!!
Rated 4 out of
jbloom from
Great Tasting Tea!
A sample of this was given to me by a friend who recently had a baby. I just got through the worst of my nausea so I thought I&d try it out. I love it! The taste is mild enough and not overwhelming like some of the other herbal teas I have tried.
Rated 5 out of
katie519 from
Good stuff
My family members bought 2 boxes of this tea for me during my pregnancy and I love it. It has a nice taste to it and great benefits of the herbs so I try to drink 2-3 cups a day.
Rated 5 out of
Swpalt from
Prompt and just what was ordered
I ordered three different types of tea for a friend - quantities and types arrived correctly, in good condition, and in good time. No complaints!
Rated 2 out of
justus1993 from
Cannot stand the taste
I bought this product for the first time this morning and honestly cannot get past the taste to drink more then half a cup. I was dissapointed to say the least because I assumed a pregnancy tea would have a better taste. I&m in the early part of my pregnancy so maybe later on I&ll try this product again but its not very likely.
Rated 5 out of
JenniP from
I bought this tea and began to drink it as soon as I decided I wanted to get pregnant. Taste is lovely, not bitter at all. Will conitnue to drink once I get pregnant. Eased me off the coffee and green tea. Would love to see more prenatal and postnatal tea from Traditional Med. Thank you! Also, huge fan of all other teas.
SHARE THIS ITEM
Related Products
Related Content
Join our community of plant people!
EmailJoinJoin
Join our community of plant people!
You&ll get herbal tidbits, inspirational DIY plant projects, recipes to expand your herbal apothecary and discounts to our online store. Sign up now and we’ll send you digital wallpaper adorned with plant power.
EmailJoinJoin
No thanks.中国最具影响力高考资源门户
最近更新: 1981 昨天: 3964 本周: 164062 总量:
今日:696套
总数:5174647套
会员数:131942位
当前位置:全国大联考
江苏省泰兴中学学年高一5月阶段性检测英语试题
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
所属地区: 江苏
上传时间:
下载次数:0次
资料类型:试卷
文档大小:1.21M
所属点数: 0.1点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0.1 点,】
资料概述与简介
江苏省泰兴中学高一英语阶段性检测
命题人:张海丽
说明: 1. 本试卷分第一卷(选择题)和第二卷(非选择题)两部分。满分120分,考
试时间120分钟。
2.在答题纸的密封线内填写学校、班级、姓名、考号等,密封线内不要答题。
3.请将所有答案均按照题号填涂或填写在答题卡/纸相应的答题处,否则不得分。
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分20分)
第一节 (共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
What does the man usually do on Sunday afternoon?
A. Work in the garden.
B. Go to the church.
C. Do some reading.
Which book is the most expensive?
A. The blue one.
B. The green one.
C. The red one.
What is the man going to do?
A. Find a new job.
B. Found his own company.
C. Ask the woman to join him.
When will the two speakers probably go to the concert?
A. At 7:45.
B. At 8:30.
C. At 10:00.
Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a restaurant.
B. In a coffee shop.
C. In a hotel.
第二节 (共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。
What are the two speakers doing?
A. Visiting a place of interest.
B. Checking a building.
C. Having a swim.
What do we know about the woman?
A. She wishes to enter the temple.
B. She feels disappointed.
C. She thinks the building charming(迷人的).
听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。
How does the man feel about the additional English courses?
A. Difficult.
C. Helpful.
What do we know about such English schools?
A. They will test you first.
B. They charge high fees.
C. They train oral English only.
What will the woman do next?
A. Learn English with the man.
B. Register(登记) for the class immediately.
C. Ask for her mothers permission.
听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
When does the conversation probably take place?]
A. In the morning.
B. In the afternoon.
C. In the evening.
How does the man drink his tea?
A. Strong with milk and sugar.
B. Strong with milk but a slice of lemon.
C. Strong without milk but a slice of lemon.
What doesn’t the man take if he drinks with a pie?
听第9段材料,回答第14至17题。
What will the man do on the 30th of this month?
A. Move to a new flat.
B. Help the woman to move.
C. Buy some furniture.
How much may the man pay the woman for 3-hour service?
How long does it take to go to the new place by car?
A. 20 minutes.
B. 15 minutes.
C. 10 minutes.
Which of the following is TRUE according to the conversation?
A. The packing service is reasonable for the man.
B. Workers will get to the man’s place at 9:00 a. m.
C. The man now lives on the fifth floor.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
What is the chief duty of every government?
A. To collect taxes.
B. To teach and train citizens.
C. To protect people and possessions.
How did the government raise money in the past?
A. By selling public lands.
B. By selling coal and other natural products.
C. By selling services that make our life comfortable.
What is the talk mainly about?
A. Environmental pollution and protection.
B. Taxes and services for the public.
C. Police efforts in protecting people.
第二部分:英语知识应用(共两节,满分40分)
第一节:单项选择(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
21. He is so busy .He cannot afford enough time with his son ________ he wants to .
B. because
D. even if
22. Across the Yangtze River ________ more than one bridge, the Nanjing Changjiang Bridge being the first one.
23. I am sure nobody will________his old trick.
24. More and more people go jogging in the morning, ________ benefits for health come from the air rich in oxygen.
25. Once ________ to the hospital, the boy was operated on by the best doctor.
A. rushing
C. being rushed
D. to rush
26. The Rainforest Fund was founded in 1989 ________ a direct request for help from an Indian leader in Brazil to protect his people and culture.
A. in memory of
B. in answer to
C. in honor of
D. in regard to
27. The school took the students’ proposal into consideration that a party ________ be held to celebrate the victory.
28. Ever since the new park was opened to the public last month, I ________ a walk in it every morning.
A. am taking
C. have taken
D. have been taking
29.Mr. Clark working in our company is from the United States. But he is a Canadian___________.
A. by origin
B. by nature
C. by source
D. by history
30. China _______the revelant parties to keep calm and adopt a responsible attitude.
A. suggests
31. With no rain for months and food supplies ________ out, the situation here is getting from bad to worse.
B. running
D. to be run
32. To raise the waiters’ ________ of service, the two restaurants launched a program for their waiters to exchange experience on Nov. 1.
A. shortcomings
B. expression
C. contribution
D. awareness
33. --- What do you think of friends?
--- Personally, ________ we have in common with each other ________ among friends.
A. something, counts
B. what, counts
C. what, is counted
D. that, counts
34. It was not long ________ a helicopter arrived on the ________ to rescue the survivors of the plane crash.
D. scenery
35. When changing lanes, a driver should use his turning signal to let other drivers know ________.
A. he is entering which lane
B. which lane he is entering
C. he is entering what lane
D. what lane is he entering
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项并在答题纸上将该项涂黑。
The first KFC opened in Beijing in 1982. Three years later, the first McDonald’s restaurant opened in Shenzhen, a major city in Southern China. In just a few decades, they have become part of Chinese people’s
life. Why?
In recent years, Western fast food is more
to common people. But in the past, they were very expensive, but
people still crowded into the stores. Why? In fact, the high price there might have partly worked in the fast food chains’
. Western fast food was considered
of a luxury at the time. The image made Western fast Food something special and
Just as Chinese consumers are
Western foods, Western fast food chains are
changed from their original ones to better meet Chinese
. Food items at KFC all taste
or mild in order to
Chinese people’s favor of spicy foods. Western fast food chains are not simply
foreign foods to the Chinese market.
, Western chains integrate(整合) aspects of Chinese foods into traditional Western fast food.
The differences between Western and Chinese food indicate some
. Though Chinese tastes have changed Western fast food, Chinese still
the food to be new and different. As was said by a young female customer of KFC, “Chinese food, that’s all I ever ate when I was growing up … I want something
Western fast food chains not only sell Western food, but sell a dining
that did not exist in China before. In contrast to Pizza Huts in the US, which mainly
pizzas to customers, Pizza Hut in China offers a casual dining experience. Pizza Huts are said to be favored by Chinese customers for its comparably friendlier
and cleaner setting in comparison to local
restaurants.
36. A. traditional
B. everyday
C. general
37. A. fit
B. luxurious
C. affordable
D. changeable
38. A. many
C. several
39. A. advantage
B. shortcoming
C. strength
40. A. something
B. nothing
C. anything
D. everything
41. A. interesting
B. desirable
C. delicious
42. A. referring to
B. applying to
C. turning to
D. adapting to
43. A. in return
B. in turn
C. in exchange
D. in effect
44. A. foods
45. A. spicy
C. delicious
46. A. agree
D. interest
47. A. presenting
B. gathering
D. creating
48. A. However
49. A. thoughts
B. reasons
C. results
D. puzzles
50. A. consider
D. imagine
51. A. similar
D. different
52. A. adventure
B. experience
C. performance
D. behavior
53. A. provide
C. deliver
54. A. service
B. treatment
C. customers
D. friends
55. A. American
B. Chinese
C. Western
D. Eastern
第三部分 阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每小题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。
Here are some of our favourite spots for eating, sightseeing and shopping.
|Need inspiration?
|Scott Monument
|This remarkable Gothic building was built in memory of the life and work of Sir Walter Scott.
|Climb the 287 steps to the top and you’ll be rewarded with some pretty special views.
|History lovers?
|Edinburgh Castle looks over the city skyline from Castle Rock. You can take a tour (human or
|audio) or just wander through it with a map. Listen out for the One o’clock Gun --- it fires
|every day except Sunday. At one o’clock. Obviously.
|Time your trains with cheap train tickets to Edinburgh to coincide
|Feeling hungry?
|A satisfying dinner:
|With ingredients carefully sourced from local growers, plus home-grown fresh fruits and edible
|flowers, Timberyard has favourable reviews.
|A light lunch:
|Thomsons Bar claims to serve “the best steak pie in Edinburgh”, to match with real beer (it’s in |
|the Good Beer Guide) and enough whiskies (威士忌酒) to take up a whole page on the drinks menu.
|Shopping centre
|Princes Street:
|You’ll find all your favourites on Edinburgh’s main shopping drag, Princes Street. There’s M&S,
|Gap and Waterstones and also a bit of a retail landmark in the shape of Jenners department store.|
|Harvey Nichols:
|A byword (代名词) for luxury, Harvey Nicks is loved by the fashion pack. Gucci, Victoria Beckham |
|and Marc Jacobs will try to separate you from your cash.
|Hidden Edinburgh
|Edinburgh’s deepest secret (literally) is a network of underground streets, which you can tour with a guide. Try “The Real
|Mary King’s Close” to uncover some of the myths and mysteries as to how the street, once open to the skies, found itself
|underground.
|Need trains to Edinburgh? We’ll get you sorted....
56. While shopping in Edinburgh, we may find that __________.
A. Princes Street is the place where celebrities go shopping
B. many high-end brands can be found in Harvey Nichols
C. Edinburgh’s main shopping drag is extremely expensive
D. one cannot pay in cash when shopping in Harvey Nichols
57. The underlined word “edible” is closest in meaning to __________.
A. beautiful
B. visible
C. eatable
D. delicate
58. This page is most likely to be found at __________.
A. /en-hk/destinations/edinburgh/flights-to-edinburgh
B. /en/tour-scotland/one-day-tours-scotland-from-edinburgh
C. http://www.edinburghcastle.gov.uk/discover/about-the-castle
D. /our-destinations/edinburgh-overview ]
All that extra carbon dioxide blocking our atmosphere might be useful for something new. In a process described at the American Chemical Society meeting in Boston, Massachusetts, the carbon from piped-in air was spun into tiny nanofibres— a raw material used to build strong composites(复合材料) such as those used in aircraft, fitness equipment and sports cars.
A team led by Stuart Licht of George Washington University in Washington DC has designed a process that actively uses carbon from the air and turns it into a product that can be sold for much more than the cost to produce it. Carbon nanofibres sell for about $25,000 per ton, but making a ton of them using this process would cost only about $1,000. “We’re transforming the CO2 into something useful,” says Licht. “We hope there’ll be significant demand.”
The technique works in an electrolytic cell(电解槽),in which atmospheric carbon breaks up in lithium carbonate, a common industrial chemical. So far, the team’s efforts have revealed no unexpected barriers. The electric current could come from conventional sources but Licht has also successfully run it on solar power. If it’s used on a large scale, the process could in theory have a great effect on fighting climate change. “We calculate that with a physical area less than 10 per cent the size of the Sahara Desert, out process could remove enough CO2 to decrease atmospheric levels to those of the pre-industrial revolution within 10 years,” Licht says.
That’s a fearless project—and not everyone believes it. “I’m extremely skeptical of these ideas, ” says Ken Caldeira of the Carnegie Institution for Science in Stanford, California. Caldeira doubts whether this kind of solar-to-chemical conversion(转化) is near being economically working. “I would be highly surprised if these people have broken this nut,” he says.
Nate Lewis of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena says one limitation of using Licht’s method on a large scale might be that carbon dioxide would be used up. Getting CO2 from the atmosphere above an area with high efficiency would mean that more would have to blow in from elsewhere after only a few hours. “It will require much longer time than they calculate,” Lewis says.
59. By mentioning the numbers in Paragraph 2, the author means that __________.
A. carbon nanofibres are significantly valuable
B. there’s a great demand for carbon nanofibres
C. carbon nanofibres can benefit the government
D. it’s worthwhile producing carbon nanofibres
60. Who will be most likely to support the team’s efforts?
A. Physicists   B. Astronomers   C. Physcians   D. Environmentalists
61. What does Ken Caldeira mean by saying “this nut” (underlined part)?
A. The technique isn’t quite practical.
B. Carbon nanofibres aren’t very marketable.
C. Carbon nanofibres aren’t so environmental as we thought.
D. The technique needs to be acknowledged by more people.
62. Which would be the best title for the passage?
A. Fighting against climate change
B. Making nanofibres into car parts
C. Turning CO2 from the air into useful things
D. Protecting the environment by reducing CO2
Sebastian Faulks has written many novels, including Devil May Care, the latest James Bond book. This cutting comes from a very different kind of novel called Charlotte Gray. The setting is a transit (中转) camp near Paris during the Second World War, where a group of people, including two small children, Andre and Jacob, await transport to take them to a concentration camp outside France. Although these people --- the ‘deportees’(被放逐者) of the cutting --- are not fully aware of this, they face certain death.
The Last Night
Andre was lying on the floor when a man came with postcards on which the deportees might write a final message. He advised them to leave them at the station or throw them from the train as camp orders forbade access to the post. Two or three pencils that had survived the camp’s search were passed round among the people in the room. Some wrote with weeping passion, some with great care, as though their safety, or at least the way in which they were remembered, depended upon their choice of words.
A woman came with a sandwich for each child to take on the journey. She also had a bucket of water, round which they gathered, holding out food cans they passed from one to another. One of the older boys hugged her in his gratitude, but the bucket was soon empty. When she was gone, there were only the small hours of the night to go through. Andre was lying on the straw, and Jacob leaned close to him for warmth.
Five buses had come in through the main entrance, and now stood trembling in the corner of the yard. At a long table ... the commandant of the camp himself sat with a list of names that another policeman was calling out in alphabetical order. Andre heard his name and moved with Jacob towards the bus. From the other side of the courtyard, from windows open on the dawn, a shower of food was thrown towards them by women crying and calling out their names.
Andre looked up, and in a chance angle of light he saw a woman’s face in which the eyes were fixed with terrible fierceness on a child beside him. Why did she stare as though she hated him? Then it came to Andre that she was not looking in hatred, but had kept her eyes so intensely open in order to fix the picture of her child in her mind. She was looking to remember, for ever....
63. What can we learn from the first part of the passage?
A. The background and the situation of World War II.
B. The author, the setting and the main characters.
C. The transit camp and the transportation in Paris.
D. The main idea and the names on the list.
64. Which of the following is true about the things going on in the transit camp?
A. The deportees were eager to leave their final messages.
B. A humble breakfast was served to children late that morning.
C. Andre happened to witness the deportees’ routine camp life.
D. The camp commandant stood by a long table calling the roll.
65. The woman stared at her child fiercely probably because __________.
A. she found her child was trembling and crying for food
B. she was driven mad by the life in the transit camp
C. she was filled with an attempt to escape from death
D. she thought she would never see her child any more
66. The author told the story in a(n) __________ tone.
B. desperate
D. innocent
Men and women are still treated unequally in the workplace. Women continue to earn less, on average, for the same performance, and they remain underrepresented in top jobs. Research has shown that both conscious and subconscious biases (偏见) contribute to this problem. But we’ve discovered another, subtler source of inequality: Women often don’t get what they want and deserve because they don’t ask for it. In three separate studies, we found that men are more likely than women to negotiate(谈判) for what they want. This can be costly for companies—and it requires management intervention.
The first study found that the starting salaries of male MBAs who had recently graduated from Carnegie Mellon were 7.6%, or almost $4,000, higher on average than those of female MBAs from the same program. That’s because most of the women had simply accepted the employer’s
in fact, only 7% had tried to negotiate. But 57% of their male counterparts—or eight times as many men as women—had asked for more.
Another study tested this gender difference in the lab. Subjects were told that they would be observed playing a word game and that they would be paid between $3 and $10 for playing. After each subject completed the task, an experimenter thanked the participant and said, “Here’s $3. Is $3 OK?” For the men, it was not OK, and they said so. Their requests for more money exceeded the women’s by nine to one.
The largest of the three studies surveyed several hundred people over the Internet, asking respondents about the most recent negotiations they’d tried or initiated and when they expected to negotiate next. The study showed that men place themselves in negotiation situations much more often than women do and regard more of their interactions as potential negotiations.
There are several reasons accounting for the phenomenon. First, women often are socialized from an early age not to promote their own interests and to focus instead on the needs of others. The messages girls receive—from parents, teachers, other children, the media, and society in general—can be so powerful that when they grow up they may not realize that they’ve internalized(内在化) this behavior, or they may realize it but not understand how it affects their willingness to negotiate. Women tend to think that they will be recognized and rewarded for working hard and doing a good job. Unlike men, they haven’t been taught that they can ask for more.
67. According to this passage, what causes the inequality in the workplace?
A. social bias
B. women’s less negotiating
C. women’s worse academic background
D. women’s poorer working ability
68. Which can be the result of the following survey, according to Para 4?
When do you expect to negotiate next?
M-----Male
F------Female
69. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Women accept the employer’s initial salary offer willingly.
B. Men believe that the better they work, the better they’re paid.
C. Women care more about other’s interest instead of themselves’.
D. Men tend to ask for more money than woman.
70. What will be discussed in the following paragraph?
A. The suggestions given to women.
B. The warnings to men.
C. Another reason for men’s asking.
D. Another reason for women’s not asking.
第Ⅱ卷(共三部分;满分30分)
第四部分: 任务型阅读 (共10小题;每小题l分, 满分l0分)
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。
It is commonly understood among females that makeup is going to improve their beauty, but they are unaware of the reason that they should not wear makeup. It is true that a woman can still look beautiful by letting her inner and natural beauty shine. It is not good to carry makeup all the time. Here are some surprising reasons why one should think carefully before applying makeup.
Most of the makeup carries harmful ingredients such as propylene glycol, sodium benzoate and other acids. Our skin may have an allergy(过敏) to them. These toxins(毒素) are extremely harmful to sensitive skin and may cause reaction over time if they are used repeatedly. Many people are also ignorant about the fact that makeup can cause acne(痤疮). The reason behind this is that makeup blocks pores(毛孔) and cause more acne on the skin.
Instead of treating acne, females try to hide them with makeup which increases blemishes(瑕疵). They do not allow their acne to heal properly and hide it with makeup, eventually resulting in more acne and blemishes. This cycle continues and never ends until women realize that the makeup is damaging their skin and not fixing their acne. Women need to understand the root cause behind blemishes and avoid covering them up with harmful toxins.
Many women feel that by wearing makeup they will win great popularity. But this is not the case in reality, as its opposite is quite acceptable that females cherish their natural beauty, not just makeup. Although females feel more confident wearing makeup, it does not mean that they can turn a blind eye to their flaws.
Most cosmetics, which people put on their face to make themselves more attractive, are full of chemicals that cause serious damage to the largest organ of the human body-skin. Usually these cosmetics are made up of chemicals like carcinogens, and parabens that have the potential to damage your skin to a great extent.
Not only do cosmetics harm our skin and cause acne, but they cost a lot of money. On average, a woman spends around $300 on makeup each year. Even if she finds it at low prices, there is the possibility that its quality is compromised. Therefore, it is much easier to let your skin breathe properly without blocking its pores.
|Stop Wearing Makeup
|Common (71)________
|Wearing makeup will make them look (72)________.
|A woman with inner and natural beauty looks beautiful and makeup is greatly (73)________ to |
|her skin.
|(74)________ for avoiding using|Makeup causes allergy or acne.
|* If one uses makeup for a long time, an allergic (75)________ may
|* Makeup can block pores and cause people to develop acne.
|Makeup increases blemishes.
|The improper practice of treating acne by (76)_______ it with makeup can only contribute to |
|more acne and blemishes.
|Women wearing no makeup can also stay (77)________ with others.
|Females do (78)________ their natural beauty.
|Makeup contains harmful chemicals.
|Harmful chemicals in cosmetics may do serious damage to people’s skin.
|Makeup costs too much.
|* On average, a woman’s (79)________ cost of makeup is about $300.
|* Cheap makeup always has poor (80)________.
第五部分:词汇运用 (共10小题;每小题0.5分, 满分5分)
根据给出的首字母或汉语提示在下面各句的横线上完成或填上适当的单词,使句意完整。
81. Put an a________ in the local paper to sell your car.
82. She f_______the old man out of all his money .
83. He often makes c_________on the news in the newspaper .
84. When you are applying to a company for a job, you are usually required to have one of your recent photos a__________ to your resume (简历).
85. Within the last 10 years ,both sales and profits have _________(成倍增加).
__________(推荐)for the post by a colleague.
87.The course is ___________(设计)as an introduction to the subject.
88.We made an __________(呼吁) to the villagers for money to build the bridge.
89. We’ve _________(为……预算)for a new car next year.
90.After repeated _________(尝试)they finally succeeded in doing the experiment.
第六部分: 书面表达 (满分20分)
目前,为提高高一学生的阅读兴趣和增加高一学生的阅读量,高一年级组织并开展了内容丰富的悦读节。请就你在此时间所阅读的英语读本根据以下提示进行简要介绍。以My favorite English reading为题,写一篇150词左右的短文,反映表中内容,并简要阐述自己的观点。
|我所喜欢的英语读本及它的主要内容
|喜欢的理由
|英语课外阅读的优点
注意:1.词数:150字左右,短文的开头已为你写好,不计入总词数。
2.短文需包括表中所有要点,内容可适当发挥,使行文连贯。
3.参考词汇:extracurriculum
My favorite English reading
In a bid to broaden our reading horizon, our school carries out a reading campaign ,which calls for more students involved in extracurriculum reading.
江苏省泰兴中学高一英语阶段检测答案
第一部分:听力
1—5 ACBBC
6—10 ABCAC
11—15 BCBAA
16—20 BCCAB
二、单项选择21—25 DBCCB
26—30 BDDAB
31—35 BDBCB
三、完形填空36─40 BCADA 41─45 BDBCA
46─50 BADBA 51─55 DBCAB
四、阅读理解56—58 BCD