as perfect as it was expected

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Christine Perfect" redirects here. For the 1970 album, see . For the 1984 album, see .
Christine Anne Perfect (born 12 July 1943), professionally known as Christine McVie after her marriage to John McVie of Fleetwood Mac, is a British singer,
and songwriter. Her greatest fame came as one of the
of rock band , which she joined in 1970, while married to bassist . She has also released three solo albums. McVie is noted for her smoky, low alto vocal performances and, as described by
critic Steve Leggett, her direct but poignant lyrics about the joys and pitfalls of love. Leggett further describes her as an "Unabashedly easy-on-the-ears singer/songwriter, and the prime mover behind some of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits." Eight of her songs appeared on Fleetwood Mac's 1988
album, including "", "", "", "", "", "", "" and "".
In 1998, as a member of Fleetwood Mac, McVie was inducted into the
and received the
for Outstanding Contribution to Music. She has worked on solo material in her converted barn at her home in
in . McVie appeared on stage with Fleetwood Mac at London's
in September 2013, and rejoined the band in January 2014. Her first full shows since her return came during Fleetwood Mac's On with the Show tour in October 2014. In 2014 she received the British Academy's
for Lifetime Achievement.
McVie was born in the small
village of , England (then in , now ) and grew up in the
near , where her father, Cyril P.A. Perfect, was a concert violinist and music lecturer at , ,
and taught violin at , Birmingham. McVie's mother Beatrice E.M. (called Tee) née Reece, claimed to be a medium, psychic, and faith healer. McVie's grandfather had been an organist at .
Although McVie was introduced to the piano at age four, it was not until age 11 that she studied music seriously, when she was re-introduced to piano by Philip Fisher, a local musician and school friend of McVie's older brother, John. Continuing her classical training until age 15, McVie radically shifted her musical focus to
when John brought home a
songbook. Other early influences included .
McVie studied sculpture at an art college in Birmingham for five years, with the goal of becoming an art teacher. During that time she met a number of budding musicians in Britain's blues scene. Her first foray into the music field didn't come until she met two friends,
in a pub one night. At the time, they were playing in a band called "Sounds Of Blue" which had a few dates booked, but no bass guitarist. Knowing that McVie had musical talent, they asked her to join. Also, during that time, she often sang with . After five years, McVie graduated from art college with a teaching degree, but by that time "Sounds of Blue" had split up.
Fresh out of art college, McVie found she did not have enough money to launch herself into the art world, so she moved to London, where she worked briefly as a department store .
In 1967 McVie learned that her ex-band mates, Andy Silvester and Stan Webb, were forming a blues band, , and were looking for a pianist. She wrote to them asking to join, and they invited her to play keyboards/piano and to sing background vocals. Chicken Shack's debut release was "It's Okay With Me Baby", written by and featuring McVie. She stayed with Chicken Shack for two albums, during which her genuine feel for the blues became evident, not only in her -style piano playing, but through her authentic "bluesy" voice. Chicken Shack had a hit with "", which featured McVie on lead vocals. Perfect received a
award for female vocalist in both 1969 and 1970. McVie left Chicken Shack in 1969 after marrying Fleetwood Mac bassist
a year earlier.
McVie was a fan of Fleetwood Mac at the time, and while touring with Chicken Shack, the two bands often would meet. They also were "label mates" at , and Fleetwood Mac had asked McVie to play piano as a session musician for Peter Green's songs on the band's second album, Mr. Wonderful.
Encouraged to continue her career, McVie recorded a solo album, ; following her success as a member of Fleetwood Mac, the album was reissued under the name The Legendary Christine Perfect Album. After marrying Fleetwood Mac bassist , McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970. She had already contributed backup vocals and painted the cover for . The band had just lost founding member , and its members were nervous about touring without him. McVie had been a huge fan of the Peter Green-era Fleetwood M and since she knew all the lyrics to their songs, she went along.
McVie went on to become an integral member, another lead vocalist and keyboardist of the group and the first album with her as a full-fledged band member was , recorded at London's Advision Studios and also the first with American-born member
in place of founding member .
was still in the band at this point, but he was fired in 1972 after an incident on tour where he smashed his guitar prior to a gig after a row with Welch.
The early 1970s was a rocky time for the band, with a revolvi and only the albums
and , scored any successes. Furthermore, a group impersonating Fleetwood Mac (which later became ) was touring the United States with encouragement from the band's manager, . The tour collapsed, but it led to a protracted lawsuit between Davis and Fleetwood Mac (or Stretch?).
In 1974 McVie reluctantly agreed to move with the rest of Fleetwood Mac to the U.S. and make a fresh start. Within a year
joined the band, giving it an added dimension. Their first album together, 1975's , had several hit songs, with McVie's "" and "", both reaching 's top-20 singles chart. It was "Over My Head" which first put Fleetwood Mac on American radio and into the national Top 20.
In 1976 McVie began an on-the-road affair with the band's lighting director, which inspired her to write "", a top-10 hit on the landmark smash , one of the best-selling albums of all-time. Her biggest hit was "", which climbed all the way to number three. The Rumours tour also included McVie's "Songbird", a ballad played as the encore of many Fleetwood Mac concerts.
By the end of the Rumours tour, the McVies were divorced. The 1979 double album
produced three more US top-20 hits ("Tusk", which is also the band's first "conceptual" music video,[] "Sara", and Christine's "Think About Me"), but it came nowhere near to matching the success of the Rumours album. The Tusk tour continued into 1980 after which the band took time apart. They reunited in 1981 to record the album
at the 's studio in France. The album, released in 1982, returned the band to the top of the US charts and also contained the top-5 hit "", co-written by McVie. McVie's inspiration for the song was her tortured relationship with
drummer . Her song, "Love in Store", became the third single from the album peaking at #22 in early 1983.
In 1984 McVie recorded another solo album. She created hits with the songs "" (Top 10 pop and #1 ) and "Love Will Show Us How" (#30). A Third single, "I'm The One", was released but did not chart. McVie is quoted in The Billboard Book of Number One Adult Contemporary Hits as saying of her solo album, "Maybe it isn't the most adventurous album in the world, but I wanted to be honest and please my own ears with it."
McVie also met keyboardist Eddy Quintela (12 years her junior), whom she married on 18 October 1986. Quintela went on to co-write many songs with her that were featured on subsequent Fleetwood Mac albums. The couple divorced in the mid-1990s. She rejoined Fleetwood Mac to record the
album, which went on to become the band's biggest success since Rumours 10 years earlier. The biggest hit from the album, which was top 5 in both the UK and U.S., was McVie's "Little Lies", co-written with her husband Quintela. Another McVie single from the album, "Everywhere", reached #4 in the UK, which would be the band's third highest ever chart peak there and their final top 40 UK hit to date (the single peaked at #14 in the U.S.).
In 1990 the band (now without Lindsey Buckingham) recorded , but the album only reached Gold status in the U.S., and only McVie's song "Save Me" made the U.S. Top 40. The album did, however, enter the UK album chart at #1 and reached Platinum status there. The second US single release from the album, McVie's "Skies the Limit" did not make the top 100, but did chart the A/C at number 10. McVie had always been reluctant to go on concert tours, preferring to stay close to home with friends and family. Upon the death of her father, Cyril Perfect, while she was touring for Behind the Mask, McVie made the decision to retire from touring altogether. Despite the departure of Stevie Nicks, McVie remained loyal to Mick Fleetwood and her former husband John McVie, writing and recording a new track ("Love Shines") for the 1992 boxed set , and five songs for the band's 1995 album .
The members of the band seemed to have gone their separate ways until Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Lindsey Buckingham got together again for one of Buckingham's solo projects. Christine was soon asked to sing and play on some of the tracks. The four of them decided a full reunion was possible and Stevie Nicks was called back into the fold and the resulting live album, 1997's , went to #1 on the U.S. album charts. Despite her reservations, McVie complied with the band's touring schedule, and then performed for the group's 1998 induction into the , as well as the Grammy Awards show, and the
in the UK. McVie later revealed (in a 2014 "Rolling Stone" interview) that she had developed a phobia about flying, which was later treated with psychotherapy. This phobia was the reason she decided not to continue with Fleetwood Mac after 1998.
named McVie, together with bandmates
and , as the 83rd greatest living songwriter or songwriting team.
After The Dance, McVie returned to England to be near her family and stepped out of public view until 2000 when she appeared in public to receive an
in music from the . Sometime after leaving Fleetwood Mac, she and Quintela divorced.[]
In a 2004 interview, McVie admitted to not listening much to pop music anymore and stated instead a preference for . In December 2003, McVie went to see Fleetwood Mac's last UK performance on the Say You Will tour in London, but did not join her former bandmates on the stage. Mid-2004 saw the release of McVie's new solo album, , her third in a career spanning five decades. Recording in her converted barn in , she worked on the project with her nephew, Dan Perfect, who contributed guitar-playing, backing vocals, and songwriting. No tour was organized t instead McVie conducted several press interviews in both Britain and America.
In 2006, McVie was awarded the ' Gold Badge of Merit at a ceremony held in London's . In November 2009, McVie went to see Fleetwood Mac's last UK performance on their Unleashed tour in London, but did not join her former band mates on the stage.[] During the announcement of Fleetwood Mac's 2012 world tour,
downplayed the likelihood of McVie ever rejoining the group: "She went to England and she has never been back since 1998 [...] as much as we would all like to think that she'll just change her mind one day, I don't think it'll happen [...] We love her, so we had to let her go."
It was announced in October 2013 that McVie was in the process of recording a solo album for the first time in nine years. The album is yet to be released.
In 2013, McVie appeared on stage in ,
performing with the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band which included Mick Fleetwood and ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist . This was her first appearance on stage in 15 years. Later in September, Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac on stage for the first time in 15 years to play 'Don't Stop' at , . She played on two dates and her appearance on stage was received with rapturous applause.
On 11 January 2014, Mick Fleetwood announced during a concert he performed in Maui that McVie would be rejoining the band, and it was officially announced two days later that she had rejoined. The band's most popular lineup (Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie and Stevie Nicks) performed together for the first time since 1998 in its
beginning in
on 30 September 2014.
McVie was married to bass guitarist
in 1970, the couple divorced in 1976. From 1979 to 1982 she dated and was engaged to Dennis Wilson of the Beach B they broke up before his death. McVie married keyboardist Eddy Quintela on October 18, 1986. They divorced in the mid 1990s. McVie has no children.
McVie sang with
on his song "Love Surrounds Me" for ' 1979 album . She also sang with
on the song "Never Stop Believing" on his 1988 album , as well as with
on his solo version of "Sentimental Lady".
Additional information
Additional information
First Fleetwood Mac album to feature Christine McVie as a session musician. According to Mike Vernon, Producer, Christine played piano on all of Peter Green's songs, whereas Jeremy Spencer played piano on his own.
Christine McVie featured as a session musician on this album. Although piano appears on a few of the tracks it is not clear if it was played by Christine or Jeremy. Christine has said she contributed background vocals to the album.
Christine McVie created the album art and duetted vocals with Danny Kirwan on "Station Man" (uncredited but audible). While Jeremy Spencer is credited with all keyboard parts on the album, Christine may have played the electric keyboard on "Tell Me All the Things You Do".
First album with Christine McVie as a full member of Fleetwood Mac. She contributed and sang two songs.
Included McVie's "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love" and "Homeward Bound".
McVie's "Remember Me" and "Did You Ever Love Me" were selected as singles but neither charted.
- Contains four McVie songs, on which she sings lead vocals, and a lead vocal on one of Welch's. Her voice is also featured prominently in the mix on Welch's tunes "Somebody," "Miles Away," "Emerald Eyes" and "Hypnotized".
McVie's title track was selected as the album's only single. It did not chart. She contributed and sang four songs.
First album with Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. Christine McVie's own "Over My Head" became Fleetwood Mac's first radio hit in the US, peaking at #20 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her "Say You Love Me" was also a Top 20 record. "Warm Ways" was selected as the album's first single but did not chart. The uptempo blues, "Sugar Daddy" has never been performed live.
Featured Christine's biggest charting single with Fleetwood Mac—"Don't Stop" — coming in at #3 on the US Charts. It also included her "You Make Lovin' Fun", which made the US Top Ten. Christine's signature tunes, "Oh Daddy" and "Songbird", are also included.
Featured her "Think About Me", which hit #20 on Billboard in 1980. Peter Green added some guitar to McVie's "Brown Eyes"
Featured a new Christine McVie song—"One More Night"
Featured Christine McVie's "Hold Me" (US#4) and "Love in Store" (US#22).
Included Christine McVie standards "Little Lies" (UK#5, US#4), "Everywhere" (UK#4, US#14), and "Isn't It Midnight" (UK#60).
Featured two new songs including Christine McVie's "" which peaked at #43 on Billboard's Hot 100, #15 on its Rock chart, and #1 on Adult Contemporary
Christine McVie's "Save Me" reached the US Top 40 in 1990. McVie stopped touring with Fleetwood Mac after the Behind The Mask tour was complete
The last studio release with Christine McVie as a full-time member. "" was released as a single and reached #62 in Canada.
McVie's "" was released as a single and reached #99 in Germany .
Christine McVie was credited as an additional musician. She played keyboards and provided background vocals on "Bleed to Love Her" and "Steal Your Heart Away".
Additional information
McVie's Cover of "" reached #14 on the U.K. Charts
Featured two U.S.
(U.S. #30) an
(U.S. #10)
Christine McVie co-produced this album with her nephew Dan Perfect. "Friend" reached #29 on the Adult Contemporary Chart.
Christine Perfect
Christine McVie
In the Meantime
Leggett, Steve. .
Pakinkis, Mike (22 May 2014). .
(London, England: Intent Media) 2014.
Doerschuk, Bob (October 1980). . Contemporary Keyboard.
Richards, Andy (29 September 2013). . Birmingham Mail 2015.
. Sunday Express. 27 June 2004.
. Blafleetwoodmac.netaccessdate=27 September 2014.
Fleetwood Mac, by Steve Clarke, Proteus Books, 1984, p. 47
Fleetwood Mac, by Steve Clarke, Proteus Books, 1984, p. 48
Mike Vernon's CD Booklet, Fleetwood Mac: The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions , Chapter 2
. Bla.fleetwoodmac.net 2015.
. . 15 April .
" – Fleetwood Mac: Behind The Masks", Hodder & Stoughton, 1990.
Fleetwood Mac, by Steve Clarke, Proteus Books, 1984, p. 92
. Uncut Magazine. May 2003.
. . 25 September 1982.
Fleetwood, Mick & Stephen Davis. My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Avon Books, 1991.
. Discog.fleetwoodmac.net 2014.
Connelly, Christopher.
, 7 June 1984
Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums. London: Guinness World Records Limited
Recording Industry Association of America sales figures. Certified 'Gold' on 19 July 1990.
Mick Fleetwood autobiography, "Play On", 2014
. 3.gre.ac.uk 2014.
Hodgkinson, Will (18 June 2004). . The Guardian (London) 2010.
Christine McVie (2004). . Interview with Amy Scott.
Christine McVie (2004). . Interview with Amy Scott.
. Digital Spy 2014.
. BBC News. 13 September .
. The Guardian (London). 22 November .
Brown, August (13 January 2014). .
. Billboard. 13 January 2014.
Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 104.  .
Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 205.  .
Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 341.  .
Christine McVie
: Hidden categories:解析试题分析:考查only的倒装句:only+状语(介词短语,副词,状语从句)后面的主句要部分倒装,这句话only+when引导的时间状语从句,(从句不倒装),后面的主句倒装,did提到主语前面,句意:只有当我做翻译的时候,我才知道掌握英语多么的重要。选D。考点:考查Only的倒装句点评:Only放在句首,强调状语的时候,后面使用倒装句的语序。但如果only后面接的是主语或宾语,就不用倒装句。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2012年全国普通高等学校招生统一考试英语(北京卷带解析)
题型:完型填空
“Mama, when I grow up, I’m going to be one of those!” I said this after seeing the Capital Dancing Company perform when I was three. It was the first time that my __36__ took on a vivid form and acted as something important to start my training. As I grew older and was __37__ to more, my interests in the world of dance __38__ varied but that little girl’s dream of someday becoming a __39__ in the company never left me. In the summer of 2005 when I was 18, I received the phone call which made that dream a __40__; I became a member of the company __41__ back to 1925.As I look back on that day now, it surely __42__ any sense of reality. I believe I stayed in a state of pleasant disbelief __43__ I was halfway through rehearsals (排练) on my first day. I never actually __44__ to get the job. After being offered the position, I was completely __45__. I remember shaking with excitement.Though I was absolutely thrilled with the chance, it did not come without its fair share of __46__. Through the strict rehearsal period of dancing six days a week, I found it vital to __47__ up the material fast with every last bit of concentration. It is that extreme __48__ to detail (细节) and stress on practice that set us __49__. To then follow those high-energy rehearsals __50__ a busy show schedule of up to five performances a day, I discovered a new __51__ of the words “hard work.” What I thought were my physical __52__ were pushed much further than I thought __53__. I learned to make each performance better than the last.Today, when I look at the unbelievable company that I have the great __54__ of being a part of, not only as a member, but as a dance captain, I see a __55__ that has inspired not only generations of little girls but a splendid company that continues to develop and grow-and inspires people every day to follow their dreams.【小题1】A.hobby B.plan C.dream D.word【小题2】A.connected B.expanded C.exposed D.extended【小题3】A.rarelyB.certainly C.probably D.consistently【小题4】A.director B.trainer C.leader D.dancer【小题5】A.symbol B.memory C.truth D.reality【小题6】A.bouncing B.dating C.turning D.tracking【小题7】A.lacksB.addsC.makesD.brings【小题8】A.while B.since C.until D.when【小题9】A.caredB.expectedC.askedD.decided【小题10】A.motivatedB.relaxedC.convincedD.astonished【小题11】A.challengesB.profitsC.advantagesD.adventures【小题12】A.putB.mixC.buildD.pick【小题13】A.attentionB.associationC.attractionD.adaptation【小题14】A.apartB.asideC.offD.back【小题15】A.overB.byC.withD.beyond【小题16】A.functionB.meaningC.expressionD.usage【小题17】A.boundariesB.problemsC.barriersD.efforts【小题18】A.necessaryB.perfect C.properD.possible【小题19】A.talent B.honor C.potential D.responsibility【小题20】A.victory B.trend C.tradition D.desire
来源:2013届山东省青岛二中高三10月阶段性测试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
Inspiration“Mama, when I grow up, I’m going to be one of those!” I said this after seeing the Capital Dancing Company perform when I was three. It was the first time that my __36__ took on a vivid form and acted as something important to start my training. As I grew older and was __37__ to more, my interests in the world of dance __38__ varied but that little girl’s dream of someday becoming a __39__ in the company never left me. In the summer of 2005 when I was 18, I received the phone call which made that dream a __40__; I became a member of the company __41__ back to 1925.As I look back on that day now, it surely __42__ any sense of reality. I believe I stayed in a state of pleasant disbelief __43__ I was halfway through rehearsals (排练) on my first day. I never actually __44__ to get the job. After being offered the position, I was completely __45__. I remember shaking with excitement.Though I was absolutely thrilled with the change, it did not come without its fair share of __46__. Through the strict rehearsal period of dancing six days a week, I found it vital to __47__ up the material fast with every last bit of concentration. It is that extreme __48__ to detail (细节) and stress on practice that set us __49__. To then follow those high-energy rehearsals __50__ a busy show schedule of up to five performances a day, I discovered a new __51__ of the words “hard work.” What I thought were my physical __52__ were pushed much further than I thought __53__. I learned to make each performance better than the last.Today, when I look at the unbelievable company that I have the great __54__ of being a part of, not only as a member, but as a dance captain, I see a __55__ that has inspired not only generations of little girls but a splendid company that continues to develop and grow-and inspires people every day to follow their dreams.【小题1】A.hobby B.plan C.dream D.word【小题2】A connected && B. expanded &&&&&&& C. exposed &&&&&&&& D. extended【小题3】A.rarelyB.certainly C.probably D.consistently【小题4】A.director B.trainer C.leader D.dancer【小题5】A.symbol B.memory C.truth D.reality【小题6】A.bouncing B.dating C.turning D.tracking【小题7】A.lacksB.addsC.makesD.brings【小题8】A.while B.since C.until D.when【小题9】A.CaredB.ExpectedC.AskedD.Decided【小题10】A.motivatedB.relaxedC.convincedD.astonished【小题11】A.challengesB.profitsC.advantagesD.adventures【小题12】A.put B.mixC.buildD.pick【小题13】A.AttentionB.associationC.attractionD.adaptation【小题14】A.apartB.asideC.offD.back【小题15】A.overB.byC.withD.beyond【小题16】A.functionB.meaningC.expressionD.usage【小题17】A.boundariesB.problemsC.barriersD.efforts【小题18】A.necessaryB.perfect C.properD.possible【小题19】A.talent B.honor C.potential D.responsibility【小题20】A.victory B.trend C.tradition D.desire
来源:学年山东省兖州市高三9月入学诊断检测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Famous as “the king of chefs and the chef
of kings,” Auguste Escoffier helped raise the position of cooking from a
laborer’s task to an artist’s job. Escoffier was born on October 28, 1846, in
the small village of Villeneuve-Loubet, near Nice, France. Among the key
figures in the boy’s life was his father, who worked primarily as a blacksmith(铁匠). His grandmother, an
enthusiastic cook, was perhaps more responsible than anyone for introducing the
boy to an appreciation of the delights of cooking.
Young Escoffier attended the local school
until age 12, upon which time his father thought it necessary that the boy
learn a trade. In school he had shown a talent for drawing, yet he was told to
regard this art only as a hobby, and to find his career in a more practical
profession. Thus his father took him to Nice in 1859, where he would work as an
apprentice(学徒)in
his uncle’s restaurant, the respectable Le Restaurant Francais.
At Le Restaurant Francais, Escoffier was
not treated as the close relative of the boss. Rather, he experienced a
classically demanding apprenticeship. For this strictness of training he would
later, in his memoirs(回忆录), express gratefulness. During this time Escoffier also attended
night school, and had to deal with his studies as well as the demands of a
promising career.
When Escoffier was 19 and had taken on yet
more responsibilities in his uncle’s restaurant, a customer recognized his
skills and offered him work in Paris. This was the owner of Le Petit Moulin
Rouge, one of the finest restaurants in Paris, where Escoffier was to become a
sous-chef, ranking below the head chef. After three years in this position, he
rose to the level of head chef, wearing the respected chef’s hat.
1.It was his __________ who first influenced
Escoffier to be interested in cooking.
D.grandmother
2.We can infer that as a schoolboy,
Escoffier might hope to be __________.
B.a businessman
C.an artist
D.a blacksmith
3.According to Paragraph 3, Escoffier
__________.
A.was badly treated by his uncle
B.showed great interest in writing
C.disliked working as an apprentice
D.was thankful for the strict training
4.Which of the following can best describe
Escoffier?
A.Hard-working.
B.Honest.
C.Warm-hearted.
D.Modest.
5.What is the text mainly about?
A.How to become a chef in France.
B.The influence of Auguste Escoffier.
C.What an apprentice is required to do.
D.The early life of a famous French chef.
来源:学年上海市高三上学期期中考试英语卷
题型:阅读理解
The temperature of the sun is over 5000 degrees
Fahrenheit at the surface, but it rises to perhaps more than 16 million degrees
at the center.The sun is so much hotter than die earth that
matter can exist only as a gas, except at the core.In
the core of the sun, the pressures are so great against the gases that, despite
the high temperature, there may be a small solid core.However,
no one really knows, since the center of the sun can never be directly observed.
Solar astronomers do know that the sun is
divided into five layers or zones.Starting at the outside and going down into the
sun, the zones are the corona, chromosphere, photosphere, convection zone and
finally the core.The first three zones are regarded as the sun's
atmosphere.
But since the sun has no solid surface, it is
hard to tell where the atmosphere ends and the main
body of the sun begins.
The sun's outermost layer begins about 10000
miles above the visible surface and goes outward for mllions of miles.This
is the only part of the sun that can be seen during an eclipse(日食) such as the one in February 1979.At
any other time, the corona can be seen only when special instruments are used
on cameras and telescopes to shut out the glare of the sun's rays.
The corona is a brilliant, pearly white, filmy
light, about as bright as the full moon.Its beautiful rays
are a sensational sight during an eclipse.The corona's rays
flash out in a brilliant fan that has wispy spikelike(一束束穗状) rays near the sun's north and south poles.The
corona is thickest at the sun's equator.
The corona rays are made up of gases streaming
outward at tremendous speeds sad reaching a temperature of more than 2 million
degrees Fahrenheit.The rays of gas thin out as they reach the space
around the planets.By the time the sun's corona rays reach the
Earth, they are weak and invisible.
1.Matter
on the aim can exist only in fee form of gas because of the sun's ___.
&&&& A.size&&&&&&&
& B..age&&&& &&&&&&&& C.location&&&&
&& D.temperature
2.All
of the following are parts of the sun's atmosphere EXCEPT the ___.
&&&& A.corona&&&&&&&
&&&& B.chromosphere &&&&&&&&& C.photosphere
&&& D.core
3.According
to the passage, as the corona ra5,'s reach -die plaasts, they become ___.
&&&& A.hotter&&&&&&&&
B.clearer &&&&&&&& C.thinner&&
&&&&&&&& D.stronger
4.Which
of 'die following do the paragraphs following the passage most likely discuss?
&&&& A.The
remaining layers of the sun.
&&&& B.The
evolution of the sun to its present form.
&&&& C.The
eclipse of February 1979.
&&&& D.All
the above.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 夫妻用手机道晚安 的文章

随机推荐