skype和a conferencemake a phone call哪个便宜点

Microsoft Video Investments within Skype for Business Server 2015
It was almost a year ago when I wrote up a
on a new role within the next installment of Lync Server (now Skype for Business Server 2015) that Microsoft refers to as “VIS”. At that time information was limited. Microsoft had shown us a , but for the large part I was theorizing. Whilst the majority of my analysis was not far off, Microsoft have now lifted their NDA and they are now sharing with partners and customers more information on this new functionality.
So with this in mind, I’m going to share some more detail here and clarification around the video investments Microsoft have made as a part of this upcoming release due in 1H 2015.
Skype Video Federation
First up let’s talk about the bi-directional Skype consumer to Skype for Business video calling. This was originally enabled back in December following a
from the Skype Team. It’s gone through some
but nothing you wouldn’t expect when you open up a video workload from the largest telecommunications client in the world (with over 40% of the international call market share).
Microsoft have enabled this capability by leveraging a cloud gateway service, with video being offered via the V2 of this gateway (V1 offered IM/P and point-to-point voice calling). The major difference with V2 is that point-to-point video is now available, unlike the first gateway whereby media and signaling flow in all cases via this service (audio is transcoded), a common media and networking (ICE) stack can now be leveraged via Skype and Lync client updates. This means that now only signaling traverses the gateway and media can be negotiated directly, in most cases H.264 SVC for video and Silk for audio.
Remember content sharing and conference calling between Skype (consumer or business) and Lync is still not available. For deeper analysis Jeff Schertz has covered this .
Clients supported include (taken from Microsoft slide):
Lync / Skype for Business
Skype for Business
Lync 2013 CU4 (audio with SILK)
Lync 2010 (audio only)
7.1 and above
Windows 8 app
Lync for Windows 8–2.1 (audio with SILK)
Coming soon
Mobile (Windows Phone, iOS, Android)
Mobile 5.4 release (audio with SILK)
Coming soon
Not supported
Coming soon
Not supported
Coming soon
So what is new here with Skype for Business? Today with Lync Server 2013, all Skype clients need to be registered with a Microsoft account, whereas the new server/client will permit you to add any user (Microsoft or Skype account registered).
Skype for Business Video Interoperability Server (VIS)
VIS is a new role that can be deployed on-premises, within Skype for Business Server 2015. It breaks the mold so far as the “brick” model is concerned and requires a dedicated server (or servers dependent upon scale). The primary focus for VIS is to allow net new Skype for Business customers to leverage their existing investment in Cisco VTCs (specifically those running TC 7.0 or higher and Microsoft has tested Cisco C40, Cisco C60, Cisco C90, Cisco MX200, Cisco MX300, Cisco EX60, Cisco EX90, Cisco SX20, the list will no doubt grow over time).
The feature-set on offer here wouldn’t be as extensive as say a Lync Optimized Room System (i.e. Lync Room System) or Qualified VTC (with native support), but in certain cases it might be “enough” or more to the point it will result in less of a burden when you’re making a business case to transition away from a Cisco UC platform to Microsoft.
Back at Lync Conference 2014 Microsoft demonstrated a direct registration operating mode, at launch an alternate mode (which may resonate more with customers) of CUCM SIP trunking is on offer. Whilst this requires existing Cisco infrastructure to remain in place (CUCM is leveraged here and not VCS), it’s likely that this will offer a smoother transition (until you turn all that Cisco stuff off, okay maybe the switches and routers are good for keeps
Calling capabilities include point-to-point calling (Skype for Business to CUCM not at release), and conference join (not via click-to-join, but instead escalation to conference via the Conference Auto Attendant and no drag/drop or CCCP). One last consideration here is that we are limited to VTCs within the organization i.e. Edge traversal isn’t possible.
Now let’s take a look at what is happening within the VIS component so we can understand things better. In the diagram below we can see signaling called out in grey and media in red (Cisco VTCs are registered to CUCM which is in turn trunked directly to VIS). One important take away is that in all cases both signaling and media need to traverse the VIS component – no media bypass. It’s easy to understand that signaling requires some manipulation (as we need to perform translation between Cisco and Microsoft SIP), but why media?
In my previous post I mentioned that whilst Microsoft have adopted H.264 SVC, it’s not the same as H.264 AVC and understandably nor is it the same as H.264 SVC from other vendors. H.264 SVC comes in multiple flavors (I won’t cover this here), but nevertheless heavy lifting is required to make these disparate media types interoperable. Furthermore the VIS server, if it is to provide a cohesive Lync 2013/Skype for Business client experience more than a single resolution type needs to be shared in a conference scenario (more on this below).
As I mentioned previously VIS isn’t a light-weight role, it’s not only taking an H.264 AVC video stream and making is H.264 SVC compliant (by updating PACSI NAL etc.), it’s also creating up to three simulcast (output) streams.
This is to offer a better experience for clients who are not capable of receiving the native resolution on offer by the Cisco VTC. Below is a potential real-world example whereby we can see the Cisco VTC sending 1080p and the AVMCU clients (Lync Room System, Skype for Business desktop and a Skype for Business tablet) receiving their requested resolution type:
You’ll notice in the example above no reference to VIS performing transcoding to RT-Video (VC-1), this is because this isn’t in scope here. This will ultimately result in any Lync 2010 clients not receiving video from a VTC (and vice-verse) for point-to-point or conference calling.
In conclusion Microsoft have made a significant investment in video interoperability in the next server edition. The take-away here is that this is significant for Cisco to Microsoft transitions – especially as VTC life spans are significantly longer than other endpoints deployed within enterprises.
With that in mind there are some limitations worth noting, for example H.323 isn’t in scope here (which is still widely deployed within enterprises). Another key point here is that the VTC will get a Lync 2010-style experience i.e. active speaker switching and content sharing is also a gap right now. For these reasons Microsoft continue to enhance existing Lync room systems and run a program for VTCs and MCU that are natively interoperable.
EmailNot published
Recent Posts
Upcoming MUCUGL Events
Select Month
January 2016 &(1)
September 2015 &(1)
February 2015 &(1)
January 2015 &(2)
November 2014 &(1)
September 2014 &(1)
August 2014 &(1)
March 2014 &(1)
January 2014 &(2)
September 2013 &(1)
August 2013 &(2)
July 2013 &(1)
May 2013 &(1)
March 2013 &(1)
February 2013 &(1)
December 2012 &(1)
November 2012 &(1)
October 2012 &(1)
September 2012 &(2)
August 2012 &(2)
July 2012 &(1)
June 2012 &(2)
May 2012 &(2)
April 2012 &(1)
March 2012 &(1)
February 2012 &(2)
January 2012 &(2)
December 2011 &(2)
November 2011 &(2)
October 2011 &(1)
September 2011 &(2)
August 2011 &(2)
July 2011 &(1)
June 2011 &(5)
May 2011 &(7)
April 2011 &(4)
March 2011 &(9)
February 2011 &(5)
January 2011 &(8)
December 2010 &(4)
November 2010 &(4)
October 2010 &(3)
September 2010 &(6)
August 2010 &(5)
July 2010 &(2)
June 2010 &(7)
May 2010 &(6)
April 2010 &(15)
March 2010 &(9)
February 2010 &(5)
January 2010 &(9)
December 2009 &(7)
November 2009 &(14)
October 2009 &(13)
September 2009 &(14)
August 2009 &(54)
July 2009 &(75)
June 2009 &(42)
May 2009 &(50)
April 2009 &(15)Skype - Download
Skype 7.23.0.105
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Latest version:
Last month's downloads:
Developer:
Skype is fully compatible with:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
You'll also need:
Minimum requirements
Recommended
Processor:
Free space:
Skype is also
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Skype is also available in
7.8.388 (OS X 10.9+)
2.0.0.6 Series 60 (3rd Edition)
0.9.0.0 Beta Series 60 (3rd Edition FP2)
7.33.206 (OS X 10.6 - 10.8)
Report this software
Thank you! Your feedback will help us make software better for all of us.
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
What's the issue?
Please select one option
Software doesn't work
Broken download link
Contains viruses or malware
Bundled with unwanted software
Copyright or trademark infringement
Offensive content
Need to get in touch with us?
Available languages
Chinese Simp
Portuguese
Portuguese
Limitations
Versions of Skype
All versions of Skype
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Apps & Games content ratings on Softonic
Content ratings help you understand the type of content you might find in an app or game, so you can decide if they are suitable for you and your family.
What do the ratings actually tell me?
Content ratings describe the minimum age we feel the content is suitable for. It does not indicate that the app was specifically designed for that particular age, or if a certain level of skill is required to play the game or use the app.
Where can I find the content ratings?
You will find the content ratings on every app or game page.
Why are some apps or games unrated?
If an app or game does not have a rating, it means that it has not yet been rated, or it’s been rated and we’re working to update the page.
Rating Systems
Softonic uses the rating systems by PEGI and ESRB.
The ratings you see may vary by country or region.
Skype, the telephone of the 21st century
How to create an account in Skype and start using it
Make Skype Calls Directly From
How to share the screen during a Skype call
How to use Skype video messages
How to make group video calls with Skype
New features in Skype 5
Profile tab
Profile tab
Profile tab
Profile tab
Skype is the most popular application on the market for making video calls, mobile calls, and sending instant messages and SMS. On top of all that it's now emerging as the successor to Messenger.
Skype's functions
With Skype, you can communicate with your friends wherever they are and with whatever device you use, whether it's a latest generation phone, smart TV, PC or Mac.
Its main interest lies in video calls, where it's becoming something of a benchmark. They're free, although if you want to make group video calls of up to 10 people, then you need to pay.
In addition, Skype lets you call regular telephone numbers worldwide at a reduced rate, which is then deducted from your balance.
Finally, Skype, like a good successor to Messenger, lets you chat with your friends regardless of the service they're using, whether Skype, Messenger or Facebook.
Skype's usability
Using Skype isn't difficult, as long as you limit yourself to the basics.
Calling another Skype user is really simple, and the same applies to making phone calls: the difficulties only appear if you want to use some of the more advanced features.
Some functions are hidden in menus or buttons which aren't very descriptive (e.g.screen sharing), which requires a bit of prior learning and practice to take full advantage of it.
The fact that Skype has become a reference point when it comes to regular calls and video calling is no coincidence: it's a real all-rounder.
Skype is adaptable to almost any configuration, webcam, and network speed without requiring anything more than minimum configuration. It works without much, and does so very well.
There are many variables when it comes to good quality picture and sound, and Skype knows how to squeeze the full potential of your system, adapting the quality to the situation to keep the conversation flowing and stable.
Conclusion: an essential program
Its functions, quality, and extent of its network users make it a program that's indispensable, not only on your PC, but also on your phone and tablet.
As for its future, you just need to remember that Microsoft has staked everything on Skype, which ensures that the program will continue to improve and increase its market share in the coming years.
Brief history of Skype
The creators of Kazaa, the famous P2P download program, brought Skype into the world in 2003. This is the same technology that enables the program to allow voice calls between users and phones.
Video calls, the star function of the program, didn't appear until two years later, along with a range of functions that eventually disappeared over time, including Skypecast, SkypeFind, and even sending money.
Since its inception, Skype has changed ownership several times, passing via eBay before it came to Microsoft, which acquired it in 2011. Within a year, it turned into the top messaging program on the market.
Group videoconferencing
Talk-chat-type
Excellent audiovisual quality
Calls to mobile
Integration with Facebook
Requires a good connection
High consumption of resources
Some features are extra
&Another painful Skype update&
There was a reason I put off updating for as long as I could, but to my dismay I received an automatic update and yet again all that's been done is worsen the Skype experience. Conversations have become hard to read, far too close together, and unless I'm mistaken and simply haven't explored this new update to its fullest yet from my sheer disgust I cannot find a way of telling when my messages or my chat partner's was sent at, which was a feature I liked a lot - and also to look back at messages months away using a single button. Now my chats are cut horribly and the layout is so disgusting, I cannot see now basic information on my partner's end as such their time and little bits about them, which was also a feature I liked to check up on! Urk, and I haven't even had it for more than ten minutes... If anyone can stop their computer from self-updating now then please do. Please do what I did. I have yet to find the rest of the horrors and lesser features in this new update...
Was this review useful?
What do you think about Skype?
In the next step, you can expand your comments.
Advertisement
Top Downloads: Internet phone
Softonic - Top Downloads
Top Downloads
Skype, the telephone of the 21st century
Articles Skype
by Softonic Editorial Team
WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype….there are countless VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) apps...
by Softonic Editorial Team
Windows 10 is widely touted as the 'best Windows ever!'. While many users are super stoked with the...
Advertisement
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for Skype
Alternatives to Skype
Send messages and make free calls from your PC
Perform tele-conferences with this robust application
Find and connect to open WiFi access points with a mouseclick
Addons for Skype
Skype your Outlook contacts
Access Skype directly from MS Office
Integrate Skype in Firefox
Advertisement
Developers
We use own and third party cookies to improve our services and your experience. This includes to personalise ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you continue browsing, you are considered to have accepted such use. You may change your cookie preferences and obtain more information .PeopleLink DUO | Buy HD Audio Conference Phone

我要回帖

更多关于 aphone7 的文章

随机推荐