该用户还上传了这些文档
英语口语初级下册
官方公共微信Start by marking “Blind Spot” as Want to Read:
Want to Read
Want to Read
Currently Reading
Enlarge cover
Want to Read
Error rating book. Refresh and try again.
Rate this book
Clear rating
See a Problem?
We’d love your help.
Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of
Blind Spot by Laura Ellen.
It’s the wrong book
It’s the wrong edition
Details (if other):
Blind Spot
(Goodreads Author)
small image
[url=/book/show/-blind-spot?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_book][img]http://d./books/l/.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=/book/show/-blind-spot?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_book]Blind Spot by Laura Ellen[/url]
switch to:Our Top 50 Facebook Recipes
Food Network Sites
All Rights Reserved.
Browse By:
Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
Chicken and Dumplings
My mom made a similar recipe for this comforting dish, and I still remember the wonderful aroma of chicken and dumplings cooking throughout the house. She didn't make it often, but when she did, what a treat. I especially loved the light, tender dumplings, which is still my most favorite part of this dish. (In a pinch, Bisquick dumplings are also very good). For those of you, like my good friend Cindy, who like a more Southern style of dumpling (heavier, chewier), the recipe is at the bottom. This recipe is from Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness. This is my favorite website for recipes.
Ingredients
, peeled and sliced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can
tablespoons
1 1&2 teaspoons
DUMPLINGS2
tablespoons
Directions
Combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, parsley, chicken bouillon granules, salt and pepper in a lar add enough water to cover chicken.
B reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Remove skin from chicken and tear meat away from bones.
R discard skin and bones.
Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Return soup to a simmer.
In a mixing bowl, combine dumpling ingredients and mix well to form a stiff dough.
Drop by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup.
Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
*SOUTHERN STYLE DUMPLINGS (heavier and chewier) 2 cups flour, 1 cup chicken broth, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 beaten eggs. Combine flour, broth, ba mix well to form a stiff batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Most Helpful
I had made a chicken stew to use for several preparations, one of which was to make Chicken and Dumplings, so I only used the dumpling part of this recipe.
The dumplings were light and had a delicious ('perfect' in my book) texture and flavor.
I used melted unsalted butter instead of oil, and used a scant teaspoon of salt.
I also cooked them close to 30 minutes.
Just wonderful.
DH was very suspicious - his experience had always been with heavy, gooey dumplings - but he loved this.
The secret to a light dumpling is to never lift the lid until they're done (just like cooking rice).
Thanks for a great recipe for an old standard.
Very good, very fast recipe that the family loved. The only thing I changed was that I used two sets of veggies. The first set of veggies I boiled with the chicken for flavor as the recipe stated. I discarded them after that( way to mushy for my taste). The second set of veggies I added right before adding the dumplings, and finshed the recipe the same. This step made the veggies firmer instead of mushy.
Although this dish is normally considered "comfort food" this simple recipe is worthy of a dinner party. I followed instructions tit for tat except that I used 3-1/2 lbs. of boneless, skinless thighs (my favorite in soupy chicken dishes because the rich chicken flavor does not get washed out). Your recipe rocks, Ms. Vezina! Thank you for sharing and know that this is now my default Chicken 'n dumplings recipe. Booyah!!!
More Go-To Meal Ideas
Make Tonight's Meal a Knockout
Drop the Granola Bar - You Can Do Better
Start With 911 Meatball Subs
Advertisement
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 936.5
Calories from Fat 464
Saturated Fat