you are almost a cripple... tooh my brotherr

1. disappearing/nonexistent/missing/lacking/lost&& 2. sit/rest&& 3. refuse/hate/dislike&& 4. equal 5. indifferently&& &6. children/babies&& 7. Causes/Analysis&& 8. smoothly&&& 9. tired&&&10. effort
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:江西省模拟题
题型:阅读理解
阅读表达。&&&& 阅读下面短文,并根据短文后的要求答题(请注意问题后的字数要求)。[1]If you are worried about things and are under a lot of stress at work or school,then you areprob-ably not sleeping well. Worry can keep you awake,tossing and turning in bed until the early hoursof the morning when you eventually fall asleep. When you wake up,you don't feel refreshed,but tired andworn out and unable to face a new day.[2] Dr. Henry Winkle,i n a recent newspaper article entitled Stress and Sleep,indicates that &&&&&&.Dr. Winkle says,"The more we worry,the less we sleep,the more we are unable to deal with stress. If&&we can find a way to get a good night's sleep,"he adds,"we can often find the energy to deal with what'sworrying us." [3]So,what is a good night's sleep? Research shows that the amount of sleep which people need in order to keep healthy varies a lot. Seven hours is about the average amount,though strangely enough,sleeping longer often gives you a headache instead of making you feel more refreshed.[4]Dr. Winkle believes that preparing for sleeping is important. People who work late should try togive themselves a short break and do something restful before going to bed. This could be watching TVor listening to music. Doing some exercise earlier in the day should help you to feel physically as well asmentally tired. A bedtime drink can also help,but coffee or tea should be avoided as they contain caffeine and will keep you awake.[5] "When you put the light out," Dr. Winkle says,"concentrate on relaxing your muscles,working slowly up from your feet,and you 'll be asleep before you know it."1. What is the main idea of the text? (no more than 5 words)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&2. Complete the following statement with words from Paragraph 2. ( no more than 3 words)People shouldn't go to sleep immediately but should&&&&&&&&&& after working late in the night.3. Point out the disadvantage of drinking coffee and tea before going to bed. (no more than 6 words)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&4. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 2 with proper words. (no more than 10 words)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&5.What does the word "it" (Line2,Paragraph5) probably refer to? (no more than 3 words)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
来源:同步题
题型:完形填空
&&&& In the depths of my memory, many things I did with my father still live.These things have come torepresent, in fact, what I call__1_and love.&&&& I don't remember my father ever getting into a swimming pool.But he did__2_the water.Any kind of __3_ride seemed to give him pleasure.__4_ he loved to fish;sometimes he took me along.But I never really liked being on the water, the way my father __5_.I liked being at the water, movingthrough it, __16__it all around me.I was not a strong __7_,&&or one who learned to swim early, for I had my__8__.But I loved being in the swimming pool close to my father's office and__9__those summerdays with my father, who&&10 & come by on a break.I needed him to see what I could do.My fatherwould stand there in his suit, the&&11&& &person not in swimsuit.&&&& After swimming, I would go&&12& &his office and sit on the wooden chair in front of his big desk,where he let me&&13& &anything I found in his top desk drawer.Sometimes, if I was left alone at his desk&&14& & he worked in the lab, an assistant or a student might come in and tell me perhaps I shouldn't beplaying with his&15&&. But my father always&&16& &and said easily, "Oh, no, it's&&17& ."Sometimes he handed me coins and told me to get&&&18 & & an ice cream…
(&&&& )1. A. desire&&&&&& (&&&& )2. A. avoid&&&&&&&&(&&&& )3. A. boat&&&&&&&& (&&&& )4. A. But&&&&&&&&&&(&&&& )5. A. expected&&&& (&&&& )6. A. having&&&&&& (&&&& )7. A. swimmer&&&&&&(&&&& )8. A. hopes&&&&&&&&(&&&& )9. A. spending&&&& (&&&& )10. A. should&&&&&&(&&&& )11. A. next&&&&&&&&(&&&& )12. A. away from&& (&&&& )13. A. put up&&&&&&(&&&& )14. A. the moment&&(&&&& )15. A. fishing net (&&&& )16. A. stood up&&&&(&&&& )17. A. fine&&&&&&&&(&&&& )18. A. the student (&&&& )19. A. memory&&&&&&(&&&& )20. A. as&&&&&&&&&&
B. joy&&&&&&&&&&&& B. refuse&&&&&&&&&&B. bus&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Then&&&&&&&&&&&&B. desired&&&&&&&& B. to leave&&&&&&&&B. rider&&&&&&&&&& B. faiths&&&&&&&&&&B. saving&&&&&&&&&&B. would&&&&&&&&&& B. only&&&&&&&&&&&&B. out of&&&&&&&&&&B. break down&&&&&&B. the first time&&B. office things&& B. set out&&&&&&&& B. strange&&&&&&&& B. the assistant&& B. wealth&&&&&&&&&&B. but&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. anger&&&&&&&&C. praise&&&&&& C. train&&&&&&&&C. And&&&&&&&&&&C. wished&&&&&& C. make&&&&&&&& C. walker&&&&&& C. rights&&&&&& C. wasting&&&&&&C. had to&&&&&& C. other&&&&&&&&C. by&&&&&&&&&& C. play with&&&&C. while&&&&&&&&C. wooden chair C. showed up&&&&C. terrible&&&& C. myself&&&&&& C. experience&& C. or&&&&&&&&&&
D. worry&&&&&&&&&&&&D. love&&&&&&&&&&&& D. bike&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Still&&&&&&&&&&&&D. did&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. get&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. runner&&&&&&&&&& D. fears&&&&&&&&&&&&D. ruining&&&&&&&&&&D. ought to&&&&&&&& D. last&&&&&&&&&&&& D. inside&&&&&&&&&& D. work out&&&&&&&& D. before&&&&&&&&&& D. lab equipment&&&&D. turned out&&&&&& D. well&&&&&&&&&&&& D. himself&&&&&&&&&&D. practice&&&&&&&& D. and&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
题型:完形填空
&&&& A true apology is more than just acknowledgement of a mistake.It's recognition that something you've said or__1__has damaged a relationship-and that you__2__enough about that relationship to want it__3__.&&&& It's never__4__to acknowledge you are in the wrong.Being human,we all need the art of apology.Look back and think how __5__you've judged roughly,said__6__things,pushed yourself__7__at the expense of a friend.Some deep thought in us know that when__8__a small mistake has been made,your__9__will stay out of balance until the mistake is acknowledged and your regret is__10__.&&&&& I remember a doctor friend,__11__me about a man who came to him with__12__illnesses: headache,insomnia (失眠),stomachaches and so on.No physical__13__could be found.Finally the doctor said to the man,"__14__you tell me what's on your conscience,I can't help you."&&&& After a short silence,the man told the doctor that he__15__all the money that his father gave to his brother,who was__16__.His father had died,so only he himself knew the matter.The old doctor made the man write to his brother making an__17__and enclosing (附寄) a__18__.In the post office,the man dropped the letter into the mail box.As the letter disappeared,the man__19__into tears.&&&& "Thank you,doctor,"he said,"I think I'm all right now."And he__20__.
(&&&& )1.&& A.done(&&&& )2.A.lost (&&&& )3.A.built(&&&& )4.A.difficult(&&&& )5.A.long (&&&& )6.A.unusual(&&&& )7.A.ahead(&&&& )8.A.still(&&&& )9.A.sense(&&&& )10.A.shown(&&&& )11.A.asking (&&&& )12.A.strange(&&&& )13.A.signs(&&&& )14.A.Whenever (&&&& )15.A.stole(&&&& )16.A.mad(&&&& )17.A.order(&&&& )18.A.note (&&&& )19.A.broke(&&&& )20.A.should
B.thought B.care B.formed B.easy B.oftenB.harmfulB.awayB.evenB.brainB.explainedB.telling B.serious B.reason B.UnlessB.acceptedB.lostB.excuseB.cardB.burst B.did
C.announced C.adviseC.repairedC.foolish C.muchC.preciousC.downC.onlyC.weigh t C.offered C.requiring C.various C.cause C.Suppose C.seizedC.abroadC.agreement C.check C.laughed C.had
D.ex pectedD.heard D.damaged D.shy D.soon D.unkind D.off D.such D.feeling D.expressedD.settingD.muchD.marksD.Although D.wastedD.deadD.apologyD.photoD.criedD.was
阅读理解&&&&& You feel happiest when you create a healthy balance between giving and receiving. If you give and give without making time to fill your own needs, then it's likely you will bum out, or feel upset. When you take and take without giving anything back, you never feel fulfilled, so you are always searching for ways to fill the void in your life.&&&&&&The way to create a healthy balance between giving and receiving is to know and then live by your values. I break values up into two groups which I call being and having values. Your being values are the character traits (特点 ;特征)&&of the ideal person you would like to be. I suggest to my clients that they choose three being values that they are willing to make a commitment(信奉; 信仰) to live by. An example of some being values are: kind ,loving, generous , inspirational, peaceful, wise&&and even powerful. By acting on these values you give to others through your actions and you inspire others by being a positive role model. Mastering being these character traits becomes your life purpose.&&&&Your having values are, the feelings you need to create in order to be happy. These could be companionship , achievement , support , being&&valued&&or financial&&security. This is what you receive. You take responsibility for filling your own needs by taking steps to create these feelings and conditions in your life.&&&& When you make a commitment to live by your being values, it becomes easier to make conscious choices rather than reactionary ones. If your usual pattem is to talk about your problems, you could choose to think and act like a calm person. A calm person might go for a walk, meditate (沉思 ) ,or set a time limit before responding. If your usual pattern is to worry, you could choose to act like a responsible or wise person. In other words, you would act like the person you choose to be this is the key to personal power.&&&&When you choose to act on your values, you not only feel good about yourself, you reinforce (加强) your chosen beliefs. Over time acting in this way changes how you see the world, and in turn the way other people think of you.1. The main purpose of this passage is to&&&&&&&&&&.&&& A. persuade the readers to make a commitment&B. explain to the readers what personal values are<rm the readers how to be truly happyD. instruct the readers how to make wise choices2. According to the text, living by your being values, you would&&&&&& .&&& A. gain a lot of powerB. form positive personalityC. seek all human virtuesD. fill your own needs3.The underlined word "void" in paragraph I means&"&&&&&&&&&&."& A. a feeling of emptinessB. an absence of one's mindC. a break of continuityD. a state of confusion4. What can be inferred from the text?&A. Having values are bettB. A calm person does not choose to complain.C.The way other people think of you decides who you are.D. A responsible person does not care about financial security.
&&&& Computers are very important to modern life.Many people think that in the future computers will be used a lot in everyday life.It is thought that we won't have to go shopping because we will be able to get most things which are sold in shops on the Internet.There will be no more books because we will be able to get all texts from computers.The Internet will be used to play games, see films and buy food.Most telephone calls will be made by computers, too.&&&& Some people are glad about those new ways of shopping and communicating.Others do not think that computers will replace our old ways.&&&& Let's look at books, for example.Some people think that one day we will not read books made of paper.Instead, we will buy and read books using computers.We will read texts on small pocket computers.The computers will keep many different books in them at the same time.We won't need to turn lots of pages and paper will puterized (计算机化的) books will be used more and more.&&&& Is Internet shopping such a pleasure as going to the shop?Many people say it is not.It is a pleasure to go into shops and look at things you want to buy.It is also unlikely that many people will want to read large texts on our computers, because paper books will perhaps be more friendly.Maybe computers won't change these two habits.1. In the first paragraph, it is thought that people will use computers for________.A. playing games, shopping and making telephone callsB. making telephone calls, having meals and seeing filmsC. seeing films, buying food and going for holidaysD. playing games, making telephone calls and seeing the doctor2. Which reason for using computerized books is NOT mentioned in the passage?A. Computerized books won't be very expensive.B. Computers can keep many different books in them.C. We won't have lots of pages.D. We won't need any paper.3. The fourth paragraph tells________.A. about the old and new ways of shopping and communicatingB. if the Internet will change our habitsC. about computerized booksD. about future uses of computers4. The best title for this passage is________.A. Computers Will Replace Shops and BooksB. Computers in the FutureC. Computers Will Do Everything for ManD. How Computers Change Our Habits
阅读理解&&&& Each year, road accidents kill a million people and injure millions more.The economic costs are greatest for developing countries.Earlier this year, the United Nations called for a campaign to improve road safety.&&&& One way to avoid accidents is better driving.Another is better roads and bridges.Engineers in the United States have designed ten new concrete mixtures that they think could make bridges last longer.&&&& Professor Paul Tikalsky leads the experiments by a team at Pennsylvania State University.He says bridges made of concrete now last about twenty-five to thirty-five years.But he says the new mixtures might extend that to seventy-five or even one-hundred years.&&&& Concrete is made of stone, sand, water and cement (水泥). The materials in the cement hold the concrete together.Ancient Romans built with concrete.Yet strengthened concrete bridges did not appear until the late 1800s.People keep looking for new ways to improve concrete.Professor Tikalsky says it is one of the most complex of all chemical systems.&&&& The new mixtures designed by his team contain industrial waste products.He says these make the concrete better able to resist damage from water and salt over time.One of the products is fly ash.This is released into the air as pollution when coal is burned.&&&& Professor Tikalsky says particles (颗粒) of fly ash are almost exactly the same size and chemical structure as Portland cement.This is the most costly material in concrete.So using fly ash to replace some of it would save money.&&&& Over the next two years, engineers will study ten bridges in Pennsylvania.These were built from the different cement mixtures designed by Professor Tikalsky's team.He says longer-lasting bridges could save the state more than 35 million dollars a year.And he says the materials would be environmentally friendly.&&&& The federal government is paying for part of the research.Engineers anywhere can use the technology.Professor Tikalsky says some of the ideas have already been put to use in China, the Philippines and other countries.1. Why did the United Nations launch the campaign?A. Because the United Nations wanted to reduce road accidents and economic costs.B. Because two million people were killed in the accidents.C. Because engineers wanted to design ten new concrete mixtures.D. Because the United Nations made bridges of the new mixtures which could last for about &&&& 20 to 35 years.2. What does the underlined word "This" in the sixth paragraph refer to?A. Fly ash.&&B. Portland cement.C. Sand.&&D. Chemical.3. Which of the following statements is TRUE?A. Ten new concrete bridges have already been built in the United States.B. A new concrete bridge could last 50 more years than an ordinary concrete one.C. People didn't know how to build with cement until the late 1800s.D. Water and salt won't do any damage to bridges over time.4. What can we conclude from the passage?A. Engineers have to pay a lot of money to use the new bridge technology.B. Pennsylvania State University is paying all the money for the research.C. Bridges built with fly ash are cheaper than common bridges.D. Fly ash is much more expensive than Portland cement.5. What does the passage mainly tell us?A. The causes of road accidents.B. The advantages of fly ash.C. The measures of avoiding road accidents.D. Latest information about long-life concrete bridges.
来源:安徽省期中题
阅读理解&&&& What is your favorite color? Do you like yellow, orange, and red? If you do, you must be an optimist(乐观者), a leader, an active person who enjoys life, people and excitement. Do you prefer grays and blues? Then you are probably quiet, shy and you would rather follow than lead. If you love green, you are strong-minded and determined. You wish to succeed and want other people to see you are successful. At least this is what psychologists tell us, and they should know, because they have been seriously studying the meaning of color preference(爱好), and the effect that colors have on human beings. They tell us that we don't choose our favorite color as we grow up. If you happen to love brown, you did so as soon as you opened your eyes, or at least as soon as you could see clearly.&&&&& A yellow room makes us feel more cheerful and more comfortable than a dark green one, and a red dress rings warmth and cheer to the saddest winter day. On the other hand, black is depressing(压抑). Light and bright colors make people not only happier but more active. It is a fact that factory workers work better, harder, and have fewer accidents when their machines are painted orange rather than black or dark gray.&&&& Remember, then, that if you feel low, you can always brighten your day or your life with a new shirt or a few colorful things. Remember also that you will know your friends and your enemies better when you find out what colors they like and dislike. And don't forget that anyone can guess a lot about your character when you choose a piece of handkerchief.1. According to this passage,&&&&&&&&&&&&.A. one can choose his color preference B. one is born with his color preferenceC. one's color preference is changeableD. one has to choose his favorite color as soon as he can see clearly2. The main idea of this passage is&&&&&&&&&&&&.A. one's color preference shows one's characterB. you can brighten your life with wonderful colorsC. psychologists have been studying the meaning of color preferenceD. one's color preference has something to do with his character and colors have effects on human beings3. The writer believes that in realizing the four modernizations of country, we need more &&&& people who love&&&&&&&&&& .A. yellowB. redC. greenD. black
来源:江苏期末题
&&&& The producer of a new Indonesian movie about President Obama's childhood years in Jakarta(雅加达) is hoping that interested Americans will flock to see the film, Little Obama, in theatres across the country.&&&& Little Obama is the creation of Damien Dematra, an Indonesian writer and artist who has worked on the project since November when he was struck with the idea of writing about the time a young Obama lived in Jakarta with his mother and stepfather in the late 1960s and early 1970s.&&&& The film is based on a novel published in March Obama Anak Menteng, and focuses on the president's childhood friendships in Indonesia.&&&& The novel and the film are fictionalized(把-编成小说) accounts of the president's time in Jakarta and are based on interviews with people who are childhood friends and neighbours of Mr. Obama. Many Indonesians share a deep pride about a man who spent part of his shaping years in the country and went on to become U.S. president.&&&& The film star is a 14-year-old Hasan Faruq Ali, an American who has lived in Indonesia with his family for about 10 years. Like the president, he is the son of a white mother and a black father. Since filming began, he has been under the shine of media attention. "My whole life changed overnight," he says.&&&& The film, which was made on a budget of $1 million, won't get its first public screening until Wednesday, but ads for the movie on YouTube have got a few thousand hits. It isn't clear whether Little Obama will get a U.S. release(发行), but the film's producer says he is in talks with a U.S. distributor(发行人).1.&&&& What is the film Damien Dematra produced mainly about?&&&&&A. The friendship between America and Indonesia.B. The political views of Obama from his childhood.C. The determination and hard work of young Obama.D. Mr. Obama's friends when he was young in Indonesia.2.&&&& Which is NOT true about Obama and Hasan Faruq Ali?&&&&&&A. Their nationality is American.B. They shoot a film when they are young.C. they have the experience of living in Indonesia.D. Hasan has a white mother and a black father.3.&&&& What can we learn from the last paragraph?A. The future of Little Obama is unknown.B. Little Obama will be popular in America.C. Little Obama will be popular in Indonesia.D. Ads for Little Obama proved unsuccessful.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 you are my brother 的文章

随机推荐