英语,第一段中,when到noisy neighbourss这个括号里句子怎么理解

英语(高1下)_甜梦文库
英语(高1下)
依据现行《高中课程标准》和《高考纲要》编写新世纪私立学校高中部导学案英语(必修 3、4) (高一年级下学期适用)主 编: 编 委:张桂英 汪桂芹吴小海 侯丽娜 李雪萍 李秀月新世纪私立学校高中教研组编印 目Book 3 Unit 1 Festivals around the world Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 2 Healthy eating Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 3 The Million Pound Bank Note Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming-up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 4 Astronomy: the science of the stars Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and Reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 5 Canada-“The True North” Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar1录 Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Book 4 Unit 1 Woman of achievement Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up & Reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 2 Working the land Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 revision Period 8 Exercises Unit 3 A taste of English humour Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit4 Body language Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 Exercises Unit5 Theme parks Period 1 Words and expressions Period 2 Warming up and reading Period 3 Language Points Period 4 Grammar Period 5 Using language2 Period 6 Writing Period 7 Revision Period 8 ExercisesUnit1 Festivals around the worldPeriod 1 Words and expressions(词汇)【学习目标】在以前学习的基础上掌握本单元的生词和短语,学会用英语解释英语。 【自主学习】Ⅰ 根据音标朗读生词,感知生词。 Ⅱ 将所给单词变形 1. beauty[adj] _________________ 3. origin[adj] 5. belief[v] 7. arrive [adj] ________________ _________________ ________________ ____________ 2. starve[n] ___________________4. religion[adj] __________________ 6. poet[n]____________ [n]__________ 8. independent[n] _________________ 10. admire[adj]_________[n] __________ 12. fool[adj] _____________________ 14. apologize[n] __________________39. agriculture[adj] 11. energy[adj] 13. permit[n]________________ _________________ Ⅲ 用简单的词或短语解释下列生词或短语。 1. take place _______________________ 3. in memory of ______________________ 2.starve _________________________ 4.gain____________________________5. gather ____________________________ 6.award __________________________ 7. admire ____________________________ 8.energetic ______________________ 9. look forward to ___________________ 11. parking lot ______________________ 13. keep one’s word _________________ 10.as though _____________________ 12.turn up _______________________ 14.apologize _____________________15. sadness __________________________ 16.obvious _______________________ 17. weep _____________________________ 18. set off ______________________【问题探究】Ⅳ 用下列词语造句子 starve __________________________________________________________________ origin __________________________________________________________________ in memory ________________________________________________________________ dress up _________________________________________________________________ trick ___________________________________________________________________ arrival _________________________________________________________________ gain ____________________________________________________________________ award ___________________________________________________________________ admire __________________________________________________________________ look forward to __________________________________________________________ as though ________________________________________________________________ worldwide _______________________________________________________________ permission ______________________________________________________________ turn up __________________________________________________________________ apologize _______________________________________________________________ set off __________________________________________________________________ remind ? of _____________________________________________________________ forgive _________________________________________________________________4 Period 2 Warming up and reading(阅读)【学习目标】Ⅰ 学会用已学词汇描述节日,提高运用英语表达的能力。 Ⅱ 通过阅读篇章,了解各种节日的起源及庆祝方式。【自主学习】Ⅰ 速读课文,完成下列表格: Kinds of Festivals Festivals of the Dead Festivals to Honour People Harvest Festivals Spring Festivals Ⅱ 精读课文,根据相关段落完成下列表格: Paragraph 2: Festivals of the dead Festivals Where When Obon Names of Festivals CountriesWhat to doWhat to eatThe Day of the DeadHalloweenParagraph 3: Festivals to Honour People Festivals The Dragon Boat Festival Columbus Day5CountryPeople honoured National FestivalParagraph 5: Spring Festivals Festivals Country The Lunar Chinese New Year Carnivals The Cherry Blossom FestivalWhat to do【问题探究】Ⅰ Based on the reading passage,what do most festivals seem to have in common? Why do you think theses things might be important to people everywhere? Talk with your group and fill in the chart below. Reasons why they are important to people Three common things everywhereⅡ. Discussion 1. What are the purposes of festivals? Which festivals do you think are the most important and which are the most fun. Give your reasons.* 2. Create a festival and describe it in your own words.Period 3 Language Points (语言知识)【学习目标】学习掌握 warming-up 及 reading 中的重点单词、句型。 【自主学习】自主阅读,理解所给例句中的要点及含义,并仿照造句。Page1 1?.Festivals are meant to celebrate important times of year.6 将本句话翻译成汉语。 _______________________________________________________________ 用黑体词翻译下列句子,并总结出词的用法。 1). 这个标志表示此路不通。 ______________________________________________________________________ 2). 你打算把它怎样处理? ______________________________________________________________________ 3). 这些房间是打算用作少年活动中心的。 ______________________________________________________________________ 请总结出划线词的用法。 2. Discuss when they take place, what they celebrate and what people do at that time. 翻译句子,注意黑体词的用法。 ____________________________________________________________________ 根据句子的意思翻译或按要求填词。 1). Great changes have _________ (发生) in our hometown during the past ten years. 2). ______________ (我突然想起) I saw him on my way home yesterday. 3). I _________ (碰巧) to see your sister crying on my way to school yesterday. I was in such a hurry that I had no time to ask what had happened ________ (介词) her? 4). When the Second World War _________ (爆发), Tom was only a newborn infant. 5). I’ ll never understand how it _________ (发生) that you were late three times a week. 6). A big earthquake _________ (发生) in the south of China last year. 3. For the Japanese festibal Obon, people should go to clean graves and light incense in memory of their ancestors. 将本句话翻译成汉语 _____________________________________________________ 仿写黑体部分句式 很多典礼是为了纪念名人的。 ______________________________________________________________________ 【短语归纳】 in + n. + of 短语: in honour of 为了纪念??;向??表示敬意 in praise of 歌颂 in favor of 赞同, 支持 in charge of 负责 in need of 需要 in search of 寻找 in possession of 拥有 in place of 代替 【练习】 用 in + n. + of 构成的词组填空。 1). A monument was set up ________ ________ ________ the dead soldiers. 2). He founded the charity (兴办那项慈善事业)______ ______ ______his late wife. 3). If you are ______ ______ ______ anything, don’t hesitate to let me know. 4). In the discussion, I was ________ ________ ________ Mr. Li. Page2 para1 4. It is now a cheldren’s festibval,when they can dress up and go to their neighbours’ homes to ask for sweet.用划线词翻译句子。注意黑体词的含义。 仿写黑体部分句式 我们在晚会上要装扮得像电影中的角色。 ______________________________________________________________________ 【短语归纳】 dress 短语: dress up for sth. 为某事而盛装 dress up as sb. 打扮成为某人 be dressed in 穿着(衣服或颜色) dress sb./oneself 给某人或自己穿衣服 【练习】 用 dress 构成的词组填空。7 1). The boy _________ _________ _________ a short pant. 2). He _________ _________ _________ Christmas Father to amuse the children. 3). The kids are too young to _________ _________, so she has to _________ _________ every morning. 5.If the neighbours do not give any seeets, the children might play a trick on them. 将本句话翻译成汉语 ______________________________________________________________________ 仿写黑体部分句式 孩子们老是对他们的老师搞恶作剧。 ______________________________________________________________________ 【短语归纳】 play a joke/jokes on sb.= make fun of sb.开某人的玩笑 laugh at sb.嘲笑某人 【练习】 填介词或用所给词的适当形式填空。 1). He was let in by playing a trick _______ (介词) the guard. 2). She hated _______ (play) tricks on in public. 6. The most energetic and important festivals are the ones that look forward to the end of winter and to the coming of spring. 仿写黑体部份句式。我盼望着假期早日到来。 ______________________________________________________________________ 【短语归纳】 短语中 to 是介词,后接名词、代词及动词-ing 形式: lead to 导致;通向 object to 反对 refer to 查阅;提到 stick to 粘住;坚持 get down to 着手做 get/be used to 习惯于 pay attention to 注意?? devote...to 贡献??给;致力于?? 【练习】 用所给词的适当形式填空。 1).The boy hurried forward ________ (see) the world-famous oil painting because he had been looking forward to _________ (see) it for a long time. 2).The day I had been looking forward to __________(come). 3). I used to ______ (get) up late, but now I’ m used to ______ (get) up early. 7. At that time people would starve if food was difficult to find, especially during the cold winter months. 用黑体部分单词或变形来翻译句子 1)我饿得要死了,让我们吃一顿丰盛的晚餐吧。 ______________________________________________________________________ 2)敌人正在企图饿死我们。 ______________________________________________________________________ 【重点用法】 starve to death = die of starvation/hunger starve sb to death 把某人饿死 starve for sth. = be starved of sth. = hope/long for sth. 希望/渴望得到某物 [练习] 用 starve 的短语的适当形式填空。 1). Thousands of people ___________ ___________ ___________ in Africa. 2). These children are ___________ ___________ love. 3). The people on the island _________ _________ _________ fresh water since it hadn’t rained for nearly half a year. 8. The Western holiday Halloween also had its origin in old beliefs about the return of the spirits of dead people. 用黑体部分单词或变形来翻译句子 1).他对那位医生无比信赖。_______________________________________________8 2).她已不相信上帝。 _______________________________________________ 【重点用法】 have belief in sth/sb 对---所具有的信心 beyond belief 难以置信 in the belief that... 相信 ?? It is my belief that... 我相信?? 【练习】 用 belief 的短语填空。 1). He came to me ________ ________ ________ ________ I could help him. 2). ________ ________ ________ ________ that nuclear weapons are immoral. 3). The cruelty of the murders was __________ __________. 9. India has a national festival on October 2 to honour Mohandas Gandhi, the leader who helped gain India’s independence from Britain. 用黑体部分单词或变形来翻译句子 1). 这些年他已获取了丰富的经验。 _______________________________________ 2). 这只钟每天快 5 分钟。 ______________________________________________________________________ 10. Some people might win awards for their farm produce, like the biggest watermelon or the most hadnsome rooster. 【重点用法】 award n.“奖品”、“奖金”,指因为作出杰出成就而受奖 win/get/receive an award for sth. vt.“授与”、“颁发”、“判给” award sb. sth. = award sth. to sb. reward n.“赏金”、“酬金”或一些非金钱的报酬 as a reward vt. 表示“报答”、“酬谢”之意 reward sb. for sth. / reward sb. with sth. 【练习】根据句子的意思在括号里填入适当的词。 1). They ________ John the first prize in the contest. 2). Is that how you ________ me for my help? 3). The film won an ________ ________ its photography.【问题探究】将自主学习部分的疑难问题列出来进行探究。【合作学习】小组成员互助总结出本单元重要的短语和句式。9 Period 4 Grammar (语法)【学习目标】学习、掌握情态动词 may/might, can/could, will/would, shall/should, must/cant’t 的用法。【自主学习】Ⅰ 重读课文,在课文中找出含有情态动词的句子,理解它们在句中的含义。 Ⅱ a. 情态动词的定义:______________________________________________________ b. 情态动词的特点: 1)有一定_____________;2)不受___________________的变化影响;3)与主要动词的原形(或称不 带 to 的不定式)一起构成_________(除 ought to 作固定词组看待) 。 c. 情态动词的基本用法 1. can (could) 1)表示________________,could 主要指_______________________。 Two eyes can see more than one. Could the girl read before she went to school? 2)表示_____________(理论上或是逻辑判断上) 。表示_____________(肯定句中) The temperature can fall to C60℃, that is 60℃ below freezing. He can’t (couldn’t) have enough money for a new car. You mustn’t smoke while you’re walking around in the wood. You could start a fire. Anyone can make mistakes. 3)表示_____________________。 (多用于口语中) Can I have a look at your new pen? He asked whether he could take the book out of the reading―room. ―Could I come here again tomorrow? ―Yes, you can. (No, I’m afraid not.) 4)表_____________________________等态度。主要用于____________________中。 Where can (could) they have gone to? He can’t (couldn’t) be over sixty. 5)比较委婉客气地__________________________________________。 Can (Could) you lend me a hand? I’m afraid we couldn’t give you an answer today. 注意: ⑴ can 表示推测时只用于____________________________________, 对过去的事情表示推测时, 其后跟__________________。couldn’t 的可能性比 can’t________。 He can’t/couldn’t have finished so much work in so short a time. You can’t be serious. ⑵ could have done 可表示________________________________。 (虚拟) We could have gone there on foot and a taxi wasn’t necessary at all. 2. may (might)10 1)表______________,might 可以指过去时间,也可指现在时间,语气更委婉。 You may take whatever you like. He told me that I might smoke in the room. May (Might) I ask for a photo of your baby? 在回答以 may 引起的问句时,多避免用这个词,而用其它方式,如_________________ ______________________________________________________________________ 2)表_______(事实上) 。可以指过去时间,也可以指现在时间,但语气更加不肯定。 He may be at home. He was afraid they might not agree with him. 【比较】It can’t be him. He has gone abroad.(语气______________) It may not be him, but I’m not quite sure.(语气_________________) 3)表示______________________ May you success! May our friendship be ever lasting! 4)表示________________(用于状语从句,也可以用 can) Deliver an email to him so that he may know in time. 5)表示________________(用于让步状语从句) Anyone may see the difference. Whatever may happen, we shall never lose hope. 6) 表示___________________, 在肯定句中表示轻微的抱怨或责备 But I think you might have told us half an hour ago! 注意:may as well _______________________________,相当于_______________ You may as well stay here over the night. You may as well do it at once. 注意:may be 和 maybe May be 是情态动词+系动词,表示______________________,否定 may not be Maybe 是副词,_________________________,在句中作状语。 He may be over thirty years old. Maybe he is over thirty years old. 3. must 1)表示_______________。意为“必须” (主观意志) 。 We must do everything step by step. You mustn’t talk to her like that. --Must we hand in our exercise―books now? --No, you needn’t. / No, you don’t have to. 2)表示________。意为“想必、准是、一定”等,只用于肯定句。其否定形式是______ 对过去的推测用_________________________的形式。 He must be ill. He looks so pale. Look at his new car. He must have earned a lot of money. 3)表示“__________________” ,表示说话人不耐烦的态度。 Why must you do it? Why must it rain on Sunday? 4)表示____________________________ All men must die. If you don’t hurry, you must miss the train. 5)表示___________________,若表示没必要,不必时,用______________________ You mustn’t smoke in the office. You needn’t go there at once. 4. shall 1)表__________________________,用于第一、第三人称疑问句。 Shall I get you some tea? Shall the boy wait outside? 2)表___________,有“命令/允诺/警告/决心”等意思,用于第二、第三人称陈述句。 You shall do as I say.(_________)11 You shall have my answer tomorrow. (_________) He shall be sorry for it one day, I tell you. (__________________) Nothing shall stop us from carrying out the plan.(________________) 3)用于第一人称表示_________________。 We shall finish the task before Friday. 4)用于表示________________________________。 If a person seeks to murder the citizens of Venice, all his or her shall go to the city of Venice. 5. should 1)表____________________。意为“应该” (某件事宜于做) ,用于各种人称。 You should be polite to your teachers. You shouldn’t waste any time. 2)表____________________,意为“想必一定、照说应该、估计”等。 The film should be very good as it is starring first―class actors. They should be home by now. 3)用于_________________________________,意为“竟然,居然” 。 I’m surprised that you should speak in such a way. It’s strange that she shouldn’t have been invited. 4)与疑问词连用,表示__________________________等,意为“究竟是,到底是” Why should you think that way? How should I know? 6. will 1)表_____________________,用于各种人称陈述句。 I will do anything for you. If you will read the book, I’ll lend it to you. 2)表_____________________,用于疑问句。 Will you close the window? It’s a bit cold. Won’t you drink some more coffee? 3)表示_____________________。 Fish will die out of water. The door won’t open. The boy will sit there hour after hour looking at the traffic go by. 4)表示_______________________ You’ll report to me afterwards. They will get enough money from me. 5)表________________________ This tree will live for three months without water. The bottle will hold a pint of milk. 7.would 1)表________________________。 They would not let him in because he was poorly dressed. I said I would do anything for you. 2)表委婉地_______________________。 Would you like another glass of beer? They wouldn’t have anything against it. 3)表______________________________。 Every time she was in trouble, she would go to him for help. He would sit near the fire for hours on winter evenings.possessions【问题探究】12 **阅读下面的例句,讨论情态动词的含义及用法。 1. Swimming can be fun in summer. 2. Sometimes he can be very difficult to deal with. 3. He doesn’t like music, so he might not go to the concert. 4. Anyone who arrives early enough shall get a perfect present. 5. He must have read the novel, for he said so much about it. 6. He can’t be in the classroom, for I saw him playing basketball just now. 7. When we were in the countryside, we would often have tea together, 8. How can it be true that he has left his job without saying anything? 9. You should have no difficulty finding the post office. 10. Whenever he has trouble, he will come to me for help. ** 情态动词除了含义之外,还有什么要点需要掌握? _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________【课堂练习】单项选择。 1. “__________ I take it out?” “I’m sorry, you __________.” A. C couldn’t B. M might not C. C can D. M can’t 2. You were stupid to climb the tree. You __________ hurt yourself. A. may B. might C. will D. might have 3. You __________ those letters. Why didn’t you ? A. should post B. should have posted C. must have posted D. ought to post. 4. All the lights are on, the Smiths __________ up. A. must get B. is getting C. must be getting D. would get 5. He __________ lead a horse to the water but he __________ not make it drink. A. will?can B. may?can C. may?dares D. dare?can 6. “Need we do this job now?” “Yes, __________.” A. you need B. you should C. you must D. you can 7. __________ to have lunch with us today? A. Do you likes B. Would you like C. Will you liked D. Have you liked 8. He said that you __________ watch TV all the evening if you wished. A. may B. must C. can D. might 9. ---Is John coming by train? ---He should, but he __________ not. He likes driving his car. A. must B. can C. need D. may 10. Peter __________ come with us tonight, but he isn’t very sure yet. A. must B. can C. may D. will 11. Michael __________ be a policeman, for he’s much too short. A. needn’t B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. won’t 12. I thought you __________ be hungry, so I have brought you some cakes. A. may B. might C. can D. could13 Period 5 Using language (语言应用)【学习目标】了解第 2 篇阅读内容,掌握其中的要点。【自主学习】Ⅰ 阅读课文,了解课文内容,回答问题: What do people do on Valentine’s Day? Do you think only lovers send gifts to each other on that day? Do we have our own Valentine’s Day in China?Ⅱ Fast reading 1. The girl Li Fang loved and waited for didn’t turn up.( ) 2. Because her most lovely daughter got married to a human secretly, the Goddess got very angry.( ) 3. Zhinu was made to return to Heaven without her husband. They were allowed to meet once a year on the seventh day of the tenth lunar month.( ) 4. Hu Jin had been waiting for Li Fang for a long time with a gift for him.( ) Ⅲ Careful reading: Read carefully and answer the following questions. 1. How did Li Fang feel at the beginning of the story? Why? 2. What was Li Fang afraid that Hu Jin was doing? 3. How did Li Fang know the manager wanted to shut the coffee shop? 4. Why did Hu Jin not meet on time? 5 How did Li Fang feel at the end of the story? Why? Ⅳ With a partner, answer the following questions. 1. Why was the TV story what Li Fang needed? 2. Why do people want the weather to be fine on Qiqiao Festival?【问题探究】Ⅰ 阅读课文,找出短语: 1.在咖啡店 ______________________ 2. 下班后 ___________________ 3. 信守诺言 _____________________ 4. 擦桌子 ___________________ 5. 出发,使爆炸 _________________ 6. 结婚 ___________________ 7. 银河系 _______________________ 8. 使人想起?________________ 9. 在拐角处 _____________________ 10. 屏息 ____________________ Ⅱ Llanguage points: 1. But she didn’t turn up .翻译下列句子注意 turn up 的意思。 He hasn’t turned up so far.14 You’re always turning up late for everything! The cellphone you have lost will turn up one day. Please turn up the fire/tap. 相关短语: turn down 拒绝 turn off 关掉 turn on 打开 turn out 结果是...... turn to sb. for help 向某人求助 2. He had again failed to keep his word. 翻译这句话,了解 keep one’s word 含义。___________________________________________________________________ 注意:keep one’s word 和 break one’s word 中的名词 word 不能用复数形式。 How do I know you'll keep your word. eat one’s words break one's word = break one's promise 毁约、说话不算数 give one’s word 许下诺言 You can trust him. He is a man who never _ _____ _____________his word. What children hate most is that adults often __ ____ ________their word to them. Don't cry. I'll buy you a new one tomorrow. I___ __________ you my word. 3. It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave... obvious adj. 明显的,清楚的 1) obvious+ to + 表示人的名词或代词 Her disappointment was obvious to her friend. 2) It + be + obvious +that-clause It was obvious that she was in danger. 辨析:obvious/apparent/clear a. obvious 是三者中程度最强的,含有“一目了然” 之意。 It is obvious that you are wrong. b. apparent 指具有某些明显的迹象的,侧重与经历推理才能看出结果。 It was apparent from his face that he was lying. c. clear 作“明白的,清楚的”讲。指不模糊含混,易于观察,了解和识别。 He seems clear about his plans. 4. He was not going to hold his breath for her to apologize. .翻译这句话了解 hold one’s breath 的含义 hold one’s breath= stop breathing for a time 屏息 类似结构:take (one’s) breath get one’s breath be out of breath lose one’s breath under one’s breath breathe v 5. apologize vi ①apologize to sb. for (doing) sth.= say sorry to sb. for doing sth. ②apologize to sb that You must apologize to the teacher for being so rude. apology n. make an apology to sb. for (doing) sth offer an apology to sb for doing sth accept/refuse an apology 6. drown (drowned, drowned ) 1) 浸,泡 The floods drowned the streets and houses The cook drowned the fruit with cream. 2) 淹死 There is a drowning man in the river. 3) 借?消愁 drown one’s sorrow / sadness in? 7. forgive (forgave, forgiven) 原谅,饶恕,宽恕翻译下列句子体会 forgive 用法:15 Please forgive me for my being rude. I'll never forgive you! Please forgive him for what he has done to you. forgive sb for doing sth /sth forgiving adj. 宽仁的,宽大的 forgiveness n. 宽恕 ask for forgiveness receive forgiveness 原谅某人还有下列说法:pardon/excuse sb for doing sth. 8. As Li Fang set off for home, he thought... set off: 动身, 出发; 使(地雷、炸弹)爆炸; 使某物更有吸引力 Tom and his father set off for America yesterday. The bomb set off among the crowd. A woman’ beauty is set off by her clothes and jewelers. 相关短语: set about doing sth.着手做 set in 开始 set up 建立,创立 set down 写下,记下 set somebody to do something. 使某人开始工作 set somebody doing something 使某人处于某种动的状态 Ⅲ Important sentences: 1. She could be with her friends right now laughing at him. 你知道黑体部分是什么结构? 又做什么成分吗? They stood there for several hours, watching the game. Walking out of the room, he found the boy still there. Her husband died last year, leaving her a lot of debts. 2. I’ve been waiting for you for a long time! 你能说出划线部分的时态吗?举例体会其用法及含义。 I’ve been painting the room the whole afternoon .I am very tired. She has been playing the computer games for the whole morning.【课堂练习】1. When Alice came to, she did not know how long she _______there . A. had been lying B. has been lying C. was lying D. has lain 2. In our childhood, we were often _______by Grandma to pay attention to our table manners. A. demands B. reminded C. allowed D. hoped 3. I will not wait for him for a second ----he may have something else to do ,so he could not _______ here. A. come up B. come out C. turn out D. turn up 4. Don’t sit here _______nothing .Come and help me with this table . A. do B. to do C. doing D. and doing 5. The letter I ______ hasn’t arrived yet. A. was looking forward to B. am looking forward C. have been looked forward D. have been looking forward to 6. ______ means to do what you promised. A. Keeping your words B. Giving your word C. To keep your word D. To have words 7. Just on the first day of the summer day they _____ for Mount Tai for a climbing. A. set aside B. set down C. set off D. set up 8. ______ reminded me ______ your father is the way you speak. A. T to B. W of C. W to D. W of 9. Can you tell me anything ______?16 A. B. C. D.who Lucy and Lily have as twins in common that Lucy and Lily have as twins in common with that Lucy and Lily have as twins in common Lucy and Lily have as twins in common with17 Period 6 Writing (写作)【学习目标】通过基础性练习,学生写作的语言基本功能得到一定的巩固和提高;通过要点提示性的写作练习,学生能在逻辑思维和创造思维方面能得到某些发展和提高。【自主学习】Part One 基础性写作练习 Ⅰ 用方框内所给短语的适当形式完成下列句子(其中有两个多余选项) 。 keep one’ hold one’ earn one’ take place 1. They traveled ________ until they reached the temple. 2. We’re really _________ skiing in Aspen. 3. We invited her to dinner but she didn’t even _________. 4. His promises ate written in water, that is, he never _________. 5. The audience ________as the acrobat walked along the tightrope between the two buildings. 6. The child ought to be punished. You shouldn’t let him ________ telling lies. 7. Don’t __________those rotten vegetables. We can feed them to the pigs. 8. He had to ____________by delivering newspaper in his youth. 9. She was _________when she was poor, but she has been out of debt since she got rich. 10. Many students said they _________ doing endless homework. Ⅱ 用括号内所给动词的适当形式完成下列句子。 1. Great changes _________ (take place) in China in the past ten years. 2. A group of 80 planes, _______(lead) y Lieutenant Commander Egusha, was on its way to attack. 3. £45,000 _________ (award) to a typist with an injured hand. 4. Doctors ________(research) into the causes of the disease believe they may have found a cure. 5. The boy stood there without _________ ( say) a word. 6. Men hold most of the top jobs, and this _______(limit) women’s opportunities for promotion. 7. Since the ground is wet, it ___________ (rain) last night. 8. Many people enjoy _________ (combine) a holiday with learning a new skill. Ⅲ 根据括号内的提示翻译下列句子。 1. 好学生永远不会对学习感到厌倦。 (be tired of) ___________________________________________________________________ 2. 大家都对他的改变很惊讶。 (be amazed at) ___________________________________________________________________ 3. 我不会让你久等的。 (have sb. doing) ___________________________________________________________________ 4. 这个计划会让所有老人受益,同时,他们的子女也能从中受益。 (benefit from) ___________________________________________________________________ 5. 我们怎样才能除掉房间里的苍蝇?(get rid of) ___________________________________________________________________【探究合作与指导】Part Two 指导性写作练习 近几年,圣诞节在中国青少年中越来越受欢迎,而春节却少了许多热闹和生动。 你校以“青少年是否应 该过圣诞节”为主题组织了一次座谈会。请根据所给内容提示介绍一下此次讨论的情况,并谈谈你自己的 看法和建议。60%赞同 1.春节形式比较单调;甚至放鞭炮都受到了限制;2.圣诞节在形式上更有表现力和想 像力,很轻松。 25%不赞同 1. 春节是阖家团圆的节日; 2. 我们应该保护自己的传统节日。 15% 其它??18 参考词汇: 焰 火 fireworks 有表现力 creativeStep1:Generate ideasStep2: Outline and draftStep3: EditStep4 FinalizeAs we can see, _____________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ About 25% of the students think ____________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ About 15% of the students think ____________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________19 Period 7 Revision (复习课)【学习目标】通过对单元的复习,掌握其中的要点。解决存在的疑难。 【自主学习】阅读课文,总结归纳本单元重要的单词、词组和语言功能。Ⅰ 重点单词回顾:Ⅱ 重点短语回顾:20 Ⅲ 语言功能: 情景交际 1. 邀请2. 感谢【问题探究】小组合作,互相补充、解决单词、短语和语言功能的不足与存在的问题。【课堂练习】Ⅳ 重点语法:情态动词 选出最佳选项 1. As he had heart attack, he was told that he _______ continue the work. A. needn't B. may not C. mustn't D. can't 2. An Englishman who _______ not speak Italian was once traveling in Italy. A. must B. could C. may D. might 3. I ________ like to make a suggestion. A. could B. would C. must D. might21 4. I know things are hard with you, but you ____ try to get over the difficulties. A. can B. may C. must D. ought 5. We hope that as many people as possible ______join us for the picnic tomorrow. A. may B. must C. should D. can 6. ― I think I’ll give Bob a ring. ―You ________. You haven’t been in touch with him for ages. A. will B. may C. would D. should 7. ― Could I have a word with you, Mum? ― Oh dear, if you ______. A. can B. must C. may D. should 8. It is usually warm in my hometown in March, but it _______ be rather cold sometimes. A. must B. can C. should D. would 9. You don’t have to know the name of the author to find a book. You ______ find the book by the title. A. must B. need C. can D. would 10. Although this _______ sound like a simple task, great care is needed. A. must B. may C. shall D. should 11. You _______ be hungry already ― you had lunch only two hours ago! A. wouldn’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t 12. According to the air traffic rules, you _______switch off your mobile phone before boarding. A. may B. can C. would D. should 13. She ______ have left school, for her bike is still here. A. can’t B. wouldn’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’tPeriod 8 Exercises (习题课)【学习目标】通过练习及讲评,夯实知识要点,形成解决问题的能力。【自主学习】Ⅰ 根据提示,用所学短语完成下列句子,每空一词。22 1. We shouldn’t _______ _______ _______ (捉弄)people with disabilities. 2. I haven’t much _______ _______ (相信)him, because he often tells lies. 3. Reading in bed will ______ ______ _______ (有害于) your eyes. 4. The two girls are ______ ______ _______ _______ (同岁). 5. We are all ______ ______ (以?为自豪)what we have already achieved. Ⅱ 单项选择 1. It looks you are ill. You should go to see the doctor. A. as B. as though C. which D. even though 2. It is a _______ to eat mooncakes at the Mid-autumn Day. A. custom B. habit C. favour D. requirement 3. The manager meant _the workers that being 5 minutes late meant the company. A. to tell, to leave B. telling, leaving C. to tell, leaving D. telling, to leave 4. Because she was known for keeping her , no one was surprised when _______ came that she had won the election. A. the word, words B. words, word C. a word, the word D. word, word 5. I’m preparing the report for tomorrow’s meeting. Would you please _______the radio a little? A. turn on B. turn off C. turn up D. turn down 6. --Where does your little daughter want to go during her holidays? --She is always looking forward to to the Wu Yi Mountain. A. take B. taking C. being taken D. be taken 7. ---Can I get you a cup of tea? --. A. That’s very nice of you B. With pleasure C. You can, please D. Thank you for the idea 8. Be careful! The slightest spark could the fireworks. A. set about B. set off C. set out D. set up 9. Please your sister to bring the ticket for the concert. A. remind B. remember C. warn D. let 10. The government tried its best to _____ the people’s needs, but the people were still not _______. In fact, what the government did was not________. A. satisfying B. satisfied C. satisfying D. satisfied 11. Tom, you ________ leave all your clothes on the floor like this! A. wouldn’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. may not 12. John, look at the time. _______ you play the piano at such a late hour? A. Must B. Can C. May D. Need 13. ―Will you stay for lunch? ― Sorry,_______, my brother is coming to see me. A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t 14. ― Tom graduated from college at a very young age. ― Oh, he_______ have been a very smart boy then. A. could B. should C. might D. must 15. We are busy now because we are________ some information about the experiment. A. getting B. looking C. thinking D. gathering23 Ⅲ 完形填空 Around the end of my stay in Yellowknife, I had a chance to ride in a dogsled (狗拉 雪橇). I went to 1 a man who had 2 dogsled tournaments (锦标赛) more than four times. In his house, there were lots of awards on the shelves. I had a girl take my picture in 3 of the awards. Finally, the time came to take a 4 in a dogsled. The instructor asked me time and time again if the clothes I was 5 were warm enough. Because it wasn’t so 6 outside, I thought I was wearing 7 .However, my thinking 8 right after the 9 dogs started to 10 the sled on the frozen lake. It was freezing! I don’t know how fast they were running, but I lost all 11 in my hands and feet. Sometimes the snow which the dogs 12 up hit me.After my ride in the dogsled, I went to see an igloo (圆顶建筑),which is a house 13 snow. There I had a 11 to hear the stories about Eskimos(爱斯基摩人).Of course, as a person from Japan, I couldn’t 14 what they were talking about. 15 , there was a(n) 16 beside me, so he translated everything the Eskimo was saying. Then the Eskimo kindly 17 me some of the tools that they used. I had 18 seen such strange things before. He talked about the 19 he needed to learn while traveling in the Arctic, such as how to make an igloo, how to make water from ice, and how to hunt using their inventions. I 20 that I didn’t take pictures of their tools be-cause I didn’t have my camera at that time. 1. A. instruct B. invite C. take D. visit 2. A. beaten B. won C. received D. defeated 3. A. front B. need C. honor D. Celebration 4. A. drive B. look C. ride D. tour 5. A. buying B. wearing C. choosing D. borrowing 6. A. cool B. warm C. cold D. hot 7. A. enough B. obviously C. comfortably D. Fully 8. A. gathered B. reminded C. remained D. Changed 9. A. push B. pull C. drive D. Carry 10. A. blood B. temperature C. feeling D. movement 11. A. kicked B. picked C. turned D. made 12. A. covered with B. decorated with C. made of D. filled with 13. A. chance B. time C. moment D. message 14. A. hear B. understand C. realize D. admire 15. A. Therefore B. Otherwise C. However D. Besides 16. A. villager B. teacher C. instructor D. Translator 17. A. lent B. showed C. sold D. gave 18. A. ever B. also C. usually D. never 19. A. skills B. materials C. experiments D. conditions 20. A. think B. consider C. regret D. infer【问题探究】小组内合作学习确定答案,组际之间解释疑难。24 Unit 2 Healthy eatingPeriod 1 Words and expressions【学习目标】在以前学习的基础上掌握本单元的生词和短语,学会用英语解释英语。 【自主学习】Ⅰ 根据音标朗读生词,感知生词。 Ⅱ 词形变换 1. balance ___________adj 2. hostess ___________v 3. weak _______________n4. strong ____________n 5. limit __________adj 6. benefit _____________adj 7. weigh_____________n 8.curious____________n 9. poison______________adj 10 lie(躺,位于) 过去式 _________过去分词 _________ 现在分词________lie (说谎)过去式,过去分词__________ lay 过去式,过去分词_______ _______ Ⅲ 用简单的词或短语解释下列生词或短语。 1. diet ____________________________________________________________2. balance ____________________________________________________________ 3. lie ____________________________________________________________4. customer ____________________________________________________________ 5. weakness ____________________________________________________________ 6. debt 7. slim 8. raw ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________9. poisonous ___________________________________________________________【问题探究】Ⅳ 根据英语解释写出下列单词 1. the strong wish to know about something2._________ a piece of paper, metal etc in a public place with words etc giving information 3._________ to watch someone secretly 4._________ to stop someone from using as much of something as they want 5._________ to bring advantages to someone or improve their lives in some way 6._________to ex to mix or join together to produce a new single thing Ⅴ 用下列词造句子(课前预习) diet balance ________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________25 sign debt glare spy limit benefit________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________combine _________________________________________________________________ Ⅵ 用书上词汇表中的 18 个有关食物的单词,用英语编写一道菜谱或做菜的过程(至少用 8 个词) _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________Period 2 Warming up and reading (阅读)【学习目标】1. 掌握文章的篇章结构,概括文章的主旨大意并查找一些细节信息。 2. 通过阅读篇章,了解健康饮食。【自主学习】Ⅰ 速读课文,回答下面的问题 1. Who are mentioned in the story? 2. What was Wang Peng worrying about?Ⅱ 精读课文,回答下列问题 1. What was included in Wang Peng’s menu?2. What was included in Yong Hui’s menu?3. How did Yong Hui feel when she had the meal in Wang’s restaurant?26 4. What did they find after their chat?Ⅲ 找出每一家餐馆的优缺点。 Wangpeng’s restaurant strengthYonghui’s restaurantweaknessⅣ 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.判断正误 根据课文,判断下列句子,如果正确,打“√” ,不正确的打“” ,并说明理由。 Usually Wang Pengwei’s restaurant was full of people. He provided a balanced diet in his menu. Yong Hui served a balanced diet. Yong Hui could make people thin in two weeks by giving them a good diet. Wang Pengwei’s customers often became fat after eating in his restaurant. Yong Hui’s menu gave them energy foods. Wnag Pengwei’s menu gave them food containing fibre. Wang Pengwei admired Yong Hui’s restaurant when he saw the menu. Wang Pengwei decided to copy Yong Hui’s menu.【问题探究】Ⅰ 课文可分为三部分,请你给出每个部分的主旨大意。 1. 2. 3. Ⅱ 用英语解释下面课文中的句子 1. Something terrible must have happened if Li Chang was not coming to eat in his restaurant as he always did.2. He could not have Yong Hui getting away with telling people lies!3. Perhaps with a discount and a new sign he could win his customers back.Ⅲ discussion 1. How to eat healthily?27 2. How do you think the story will end?Period 3 Language Points (语言知识)【学习目标】学习掌握 warming-up 及 reading 中的重点单词、句型。 【自主学习】自主阅读,理解所给例句中的要点及含义,并仿照造句。Page9 warming up 1. diet 节食_____________________ 均衡饮食____________________ 2. balance 保持平衡 ____________ 失去平衡________________ 平衡感 ________________ 翻译句子 You have to balance the advantages of living in the country against the disadvantages. _____________________________________________________________________ Page10 para1 3. Wang Peng sat in his empty restaurant feeling very frustrated. 分词做什么成分? _____________________________________________________ 用分词翻译下列句子 完成工作之后,他回了家。________________________________________________ 他坐在椅子上,陷入了沉思。______________________________________________ 4. 翻译 Nothing could be better. _______________________________________ (句型仿写)这件衣服是最便宜的。 ______________________________________ 翻译 ―Did you sleep well last night? ________________________________ ―Never better, like a log. ________________________________ You couldn’t have chosen a more satisfying present for me. _______________________________________________________________ Para2 5. Tired of all that fat.用下列短语造句 be tired of ________________________________________________________ be tired from/with___________________________________________________ be tired out_________________________________________________________ 6. Only slimming foods served here.用划线词翻译下列句子 有时候旧报纸可以做毯子用。_________________________________________28 晚餐已经准备好了。 ________________________________________________ 他们通常在 3 点钟供应茶点。___________________________________________ Para3 7. be amazed at 用 amazing 和 amazed 各造一个句子。 _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ 8. He could not have Yong Hui getting away with telling people lies. 翻译句子并用黑体词造句______________________________________________ 我不能容忍你考试作弊而不受惩罚。____________________________________ 我不允许你熬夜到这么晚。 ________________________________________ 造句 have +[n]+ doing ______________________________________________ have+ [n]+ do ____________________________________________________ have +[n]+ done __________________________________________________ have+ [n]+ to do _________________________________________________ have +[n]+ to be done ____________________________________________ P14 9. in debt 英汉互译 很多大公司都负债累累。(heavily)_______________________________________ We were poor ,but we never got into debt._____________________________ It’s hard to stay out of debt when you are a student. _______________________________________________________________ 他设法在两年内还清了所有的债务。 _______________________________________________________________ 10. glare at, stare at, glance at 的区别11. spy 翻译: The police have been spying on the robber’s movements. _______________________________________________________________ I spied someone coming up to the house. _______________________________________________________________ 12. limit set a limit to 翻译下列句子。 我们要为这次旅行的花费设个界限。 _______________________________________________________________ 我们愿意无限制地提供援助。 _______________________________________________________________ 你的钱数限制着你的选择。(v) _______________________________________________________________ 13.用下列词或短语造句。 benefit(v)你应该把钱花在让大家都受益的事上。 _______________________________________________________________ benefit from 我从学习外语中受益很多。29 _______________________________________________________________ be of benefit to sb.=be beneficial to 翻译句子 每天适量的运动对健康很有好处。 _______________________________________________________________ 14.admit 翻译句子 他承认他那天说谎了。 _______________________________________________________________ 我终于被北京大学录取了。 _______________________________________________________________ 15. Don’t you think it would be better if you were a bit thinner? 句中为什么不用 will 和 are? _______________________________________________________________ 6. combine 翻译句子 我们应该把理论和实践结合在一起。 _______________________________________________________________ 17. cut down 翻译:The manager cut down workers’ wages. _______________________________________________________________ We shouldn’t cut down trees to protect the environment. _______________________________________________________________ cut off 翻译 _______________________________________________________________ cut out 翻译 _______________________________________________________________ cut in 翻译 _______________________________________________________________【问题探究】将自主学习部分的疑难问题列出来进行探究。【合作学习】小组成员互助总结出本单元重要的短语和句式。30 Period 4 Grammar (语法)【学习目标】学习掌握情态动词 ought to/ought not to/have to/don’t have to/mustn’t/needn’t【自主学习】Ⅰ 重读课文,在课文中找出各种情态动词,感知各种情态动词。 Ⅱ 思考,回忆关于情态动词的知识。重点掌握以下内容: 1. ought to 1)表_____________,意为“应该” (因责任、义务等该做) ,口气比 should 稍重。 You are his father. You ought to take care of him. You oughtn’t to smoke so much. 2)表___________________________,暗含很大的可能,语气较弱。 Han Mei ought to know his telephone number. There’ it ought to be a fine day tomorrow. 2.have to 表示_______________________________________________。 We had to get everything ready that night. You have to eat food with plenty of fibre that helps you digest better. And you should stop drinking cola or eating sweet food. You don’t have to worry too much a little fried chicken will do you good. 3.musn’t31 机关、学校等的文书、公告里的“________________________” 。 You mustn’t smoke in the classroom. You must not speak ill of others. 4.need’t 表示________________________________________。 You needn’t telephone him now. needn’t+不定式完成式 表示___________________________________________。 Terence has done so little work,he needn’t have bothered to come to school today.【问题探究】1.情态动词后跟完成式和进行式的用法: a.情态动词后跟完成式,表“________________________________________”等意。 I should have finished the work earlier. He isn’t here. He must have missed the train. Where can (could) he have gone? You may (might) have read about it. You could (might) have been more careful. He needn’t have worried about it. b.情态动词后跟进行式,表示“_____________________________________ ”等意。 It’s twelve o’clock. They must be having lunch. They may be discussing this problem. He can’t be telling the truth. She shouldn’t be working like that. She’s still so weak. 2.注意几组词的辨异 : a. can 和 be able to 1)_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ Mary can play the piano. She has been able to play it since she was 5. 2)_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ He could swim across the English Channel. But he didn’t feel like it that day. Yesterday I was able to get home before the heavy rain. b. must 和 have to _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ I told her that she must give up smoking. We had to get everything ready that night. c. would 和 used to 1)_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ People used to think that the earth was flat. She would go out for a walk in the morning when she was in the country. 2)_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ He used to Mwould smoke while writing. She used to be fat.【课堂练习】I.完成句子(注意题干部分的时间,判断可能性的大小,和谈论的是什么时候的事情.) 1. Lily ___________________(have lunch) now. Her telphone is turned off. 2. The problem ____________________________(solve), for they look so happy. 3. Mr. White hasn’t arrived yet. He _____________________(inspect)our classes. 4. You ________________(design)your project before the meeting, which will be held next Monday.32 5. The poor child ___________(use up)all his money. Now he can’t buy the books. 6. My new MP5 is broken. You _______________________(be more careful)with it. 7. The group of people said you ___________(ignore) her mistakes and went on with your speech. In that case the speech would be better, and you _______(quarrel). 8. What?Thirty thousand dolloars? You _______________________(joke)! 9. Tony ____________(prepare)his lesson. I can hear loud music from his room. 10. Please forgive him. He ___________________________(destroy) your toy.Period 5 Using language【学习目标】了解第 2 篇阅读内容,掌握其中的要点。(语言应用)【自主学习】Ⅰ Review What do you think Wang Peng will do to win his customers back? How do you think the story will end? ⅡFast reading: How and why do Wang Peng and Yong Hui get married? III Careful reading :True or false 1. Wang Peng can earn his living now, but he will be in debt. 2. Yong Hui thought Wang Peng spied on her menu. 3. Yong Hui didn’t like the food in Wang Peng’s restaurant. 4. Wang Peng would miss his dumplings and fatty pork even if in his own restaurant. Ⅳ. In pairs discuss these questions after reading: 1.How did Yong Hui feel when she came to Wang Peng’s restaurant? Why? 2.How did they solve their problems and become good friends?3. Why was their cooperation a success?【问题探究】阅读课文,掌握下列要点。 ⅠExplain the words and phrases in English: earn one’s living in debt glare at spy on limited benefit combine cut down put on weight ⅡKey points: 1. earn 1) to get (money) by working 赚,挣(钱) I earn 2,000 yuan a month by selling newspapers. 2) to get sth because of one’s qualities or actions 博得,赢得33 She earned her place in the team by training hard. 谋生 earn one’s living (by) earn one’s/a living (by) make one’s/a living (by)acquire, obtain, gain, get, win, earn 这些动词均含“获得、取得、得到”之意。 acquire: 强调通过不断的、持续的努力而获得某物,也指日积月累地渐渐地获得。书面语用词。 obtain: 较正式用词,着重通过巨大努力、要求而得到所需或盼望已久的东西。 gain: 侧重指经过努力或有意识行动而取得某种成就或获得某种利益或好处。 get: 普通用词,使用广泛,可指以任何方式得到某物,也不一定要经过努力。 win: 主要指通过努力、斗争、比赛等而获得胜利。 earn: 侧重指依靠自己的劳动或因付出代价与有功而获得。 2. be in debt the state of owing 欠债,负债 I’m heavily in debt at the moment, but hope to be out of debt when I get paid. get / run into debt 负债 in debt to sb. = in one’s debt 欠某人的债,受某人的恩惠 out of debt 还清债务,不欠债 3. glare vt. to
to shine with a strong light glare at 表示“怒目而视” glance at 表示“粗略地看一下” 4. a second 序数词与 the 连用表示 “第几”,强调排列的顺序。序数词与 a 连用表示 “又一,再 一” ,强调在原来的数量上再加一的概念。 You are the second to tell me the news. Please try it a second time. He failed a sixth time, but he said he would go on trying until he succeeded. 5. combine : combine A and B / combine A with B 联合?和? Let’s combine my knowledge and your business skills and start a company. The new teaching method combines education with pleasure. 6. They served ... boiled the potatoes rather than fried them. I’ll have a cold drink rather than coffee. If you run rather than walk for 30 minutes, you’ll cover more distance. rather than 意为“而不是,而没有”,侧重客观上的差别 ; 还可以表示“与其??,倒不如 (或宁 可)??”,构成句式:would rather ... than ... / prefer to do ... rather than (to) do“宁愿?? 而不愿??”,than 后面的 to 常省略。侧重句子主语或说话人主观上的选择。经常用在&平行结构&里, 即连接两个对等成分。它连接的并列成分可以是名词、代词、形容词、介词(短语)、动名词、分句、不定 式、动词等。 如: I'd prefer to go in August rather than July. 我愿八月去,不愿七月去。 I'd call her hair chestnut rather than brown. 我宁愿说她的头发是栗色,而不是棕色。 We ought to invest in new machines rather than buildings. 我们应该在新的机器上而不是在房屋上投资。 I decided to write rather than telephone. 我决定写信而不打电话。 Rather than get money in such a dishonest way, he would beg in the streets. 他宁 愿 在街 上 乞讨,也不愿以这种不正当的手段挣钱。 提示:rather than 连接两个名词或代词作主语时,谓语动词应与 rather than 前面的名词或代词在 人称和数上保持一致。如: You rather than I are going to go camping.是你而不是我要去野营。 He ran rather than walked.他是跑,而不是走。(连接两个动词) 7. cut down 削减;压缩;缩短 We must cut down our expenses. You'd better cut the story down one third. 同义词有:reduce、 lower34 cut 的其它短语:cut off cut in cut up cut into cut out 8. But don’t you think it would be better if you were a bit thinner? 虚拟语气,表示与现在事实相反的假设时,条件状语从句的谓语动词用过去式(be 用 were),而主句的 谓语动词用 would(should, could ,might)+动词原形。例如: If I were you, I should study English better. If he had time, he would attend the meeting. 9. My research has shown me that neither your restaurant nor mine offers a balanced diet. Neither?nor 既不?也不? 1)引导并列主语时,谓语的数于最靠近谓语的主语保持一致 Eg. Neither the students nor the teacher has suffered from the fire with the timely help of the firefighters. 2) 引导两个分句时,这两个分句中的主谓均要倒装。 Eg. Neither do I know her address, nor does he. Neither could the patient eat, nor could he drink.【课堂练习】1. Nuclear science should be developed to benefit the people ______ harm them. A. more than B. rather than C. other than D. better than 2.. It was ______ that they all went swimming in the river. A. such a hot weather B. so hot a weather C. so hot weather D. such hot weather 3. The form cannot be signed by anyone ________yourself. A. rather than B. more than C. other than D. better thanPeriod 6 Writing (写作)【学习目标】通过基础性练习,学生写作的语言基本功能得到一定的巩固和提高;通过要点提示性的写作练习,学生能在逻辑思维和创造思维方面能得到某些发展和提高。【自主学习】Part One 基础性写作练习 Ⅰ 根据中文或首字母提示,填写所缺单词的适当形式。 1. Chocolate can offer you some e________ when you are tired or hungry. 2. Having a b________ diet is quite good for our health. 3. Parents shouldn’t always satisfy children’s c________ without limit. 4. He is in deep d________ in order to cure his mother of the disease. 5. Our government hoped that these measures would b________ all the people. 6. To our surprise, he ________ (平静地) accepted the unfair treatment. 7. Scientists are doing _______(研究) on how to prevent bird flu spreading all over the world. 8. After two hours’ journey, his ________ (力气) gave out at last. 9. A person’s life is ________ (有限的), but love is lasting. 10. After ____(联合) with that large company, his business gradually picked up.35 11. 12. 13. 14. 15.Mc Donald’s cares about healthy eating and provides food that is of high _______(质量). Foreigners were a______at the achievements of China during the past 20 years. C________ are always God to businessmen. They’re going to hold their wedding in the ________ (新开业) restaurant near their house. Chinese diet is considered to be one of the h________ one in the world.Ⅱ 请从下面方框中选择适当的单词或短语,并用其正确形式填空。 earn one’s living, throw away, get away with, get rid of, cut down, tell lies, full, frustrate, glare, tired, debt, amaze 1. After ________ at each other for several minutes, the two men began to fight fiercely. 2. When life was difficult in the past, she ________ by singing in a nightclub. 3. I have eaten the same food for a month ― now I ________ it and I will never try it any more. 4. The concert hall ________ people when I got there. 5. You ought to ________ on your intake of rich foods in order to keep healthy. 6. I used the weed-killer to ________ the weeds in the garden. 7. So when are you going to ________ those old magazines of yours? 8. ________ is a bad habit especially for the young. 9. The couple who are ________ to their relatives have gone to another city. 10. If I thought I could ________ it, I wouldn’t pay any tax at all. 11. She ________ how calm she felt after the accident. 12. He doesn’t listen to what I say and it’s so ________. Ⅲ 下列各句均有一处错误,请找出并改正。 1. Why not having a try once again? 2. The pipe serves for all the houses with water. 3. Perseverance (毅力) is a kind of quality ― and that’s that it takes to do anything well. 4. I couldn’t get through the gate because your car was on the way. 5. Tim has married to Mary for more than 10 years. 6. He speaks English well indeed, but of course not as fluent as a native speaker. 7. Who would you have to post the letter? 8. The man slipped and falling when getting off the bus. 9. They provided the sufferers for food and clothes. 10. “We can’t go out in this weather,” said Bob, and looking out of the window.【探究学习】 Part Two 指导性写作练习Ⅰ 完成句子 1. 鹏伟跟着李茂昌来到街尾一家新开张的小餐馆。 Pengwei_________Li Maochang_______smallrestaurant ______the street. 2. 王鹏坐在他那空荡荡的餐馆里,感到很沮丧。 WangPeng sat in his ____________ restaurant ___________________. 3. 突然间他看到自己的朋友李茂昌匆匆的走过。 ________________ he saw his friend Li Maochang __________________. 4. 他可不希望由于餐馆不受欢迎而负债。 He did not _______________because his restaurant was no longer popular. 5. 多读书对于孩子们很有好处。 Reading more books is _________________________ children. 6. 他们让机器整天运转着。 They___________ the machine ___________________.36 7. 我并不想让你心烦,不过我发现你菜谱上的菜太少了,所以我也就不着急了,我也开始宣传我的食物 的好处。 I don’t want to ________you, but I found your menu ______limited________ I stopped __________and started ____________my food. 8.我本以为你是一位顾客,现在我发现你只是来打探我和我的菜谱的。 I________a new______and now I find you came _______me and my menu. Ⅱ 句子翻译 1.他的餐馆本来应该是宾客盈门。 ( ought to )2.他想: “ 再没有比这些更好的了。” ( 否定式+ 比较级)3.他对在国外的生活厌烦了,他正考虑回到中国定居。(tired of )4.王鹏伟对此感到吃讶,特别是对它们的价格。( be amazed )5.他们损坏了汽车却逃之夭夭。 ( get away with )6.这样,他们减少了饭菜中脂肪的含量,增加了纤维素。( cut down )7.他们只能讨论这两个题目。 ( limit )8.不过,难道你不认为瘦一点更好吗?( if 引导的虚拟语气 )37 Period 7 Revision(复习课)【学习目标】通过对单元的复习,掌握其中的要点。解决存在的疑难。 【自主学习】阅读课文,总结归纳本单元重要的单词、词组和语言功能。Ⅰ 重点单词回顾:Ⅱ 重点短语回顾:Ⅲ 语言功能:38 情景交际【问题探究】小组合作,互相补充、解决单词、短语和语言功能的不足与存在的问题。39 【课堂练习】Ⅵ 重点语法:情态动词 选出最佳选项 1. You _______ your tooth pulled out before it rot completely. A. had better got B. had to get better C. had better to get D. had better get 2. When we got to the cinema, the film hasn’t started yet, so we _______. A. needn’t hurry B. didn’t need hurry C. needn’t to hurry D. needn’t have hurried 3. It was r you _______ him seriously. A. might have injured B. could injure C. should have injured D. must injure 4. As he had heart attack, he was told that he _______ continue the work. A. needn’t B. may not C. mustn’t D. can't 5. We ought to help each other in our work, _______? A. oughtn’t we B. should we C. shouldn't we D. ought to we 6. Two eyes _______see more than one. A. can B. may C. will D. should 7. When I got to the cinema, the film I______ there earlier. A. ought to get B. ought to have got C. must have got D. must get 8. I thought you _____like something to read, so I have brought you some books. A. may B. might C. would D. must 9. Where is my pen? I _______it. A. might lose B. would have lost C. should have lost D. must have lost 10. I didn’t hear the phone. I _______asleep. A. must be B. must have been C. should be D. should have been 11. ---There were already five people in the car, but they managed to take me as well. ---It _______a comfortable journey. A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been 12. It’s nearly seven o’clock. Jack _______be here at any moment. A. must B. need C. should D. could 13. ---Did the train arrive in time? ---No. It _______two hours ago. A. must have arrived B. ought to have arrived C. must arrive D. ought to arrive 14. ---Must I drive to his house and pick up the children? ---No, . A. you shouldn’t B. you might not C. you needn’t D. you mustn’t 15. We didn’t see Tom at the meeting yesterday. He it. A. mustn’t have attended B. cannot have attended C. needn’t have attended D. would have not attended40 16. There is someone knocking at the door. it be Tom? A. Can B. Must C. Should D. Ought to 17. You ________ take me to the station, and my brother is taking me. A. don’t have to B. mustn’t C. can’t D. shouldn’t 18. ― Must I hand in the homework now? ― _________. You can hand it in tomorrow morning. A. Yes, you must B. No, you needn’t C. Yes, you need D. No, you mustn’t 19. ― Mum, I climbed to the top of the shelf and got the Teddy Bear. ― My goodness! You may have hurt yourself. You _______ do that again. A. don’t have to B. may not C. needn’t D. mustn’t 20. Everybody is working hard. There _______ be trouble in finishing the work on time. A. ought not to B. needn’t C. mustn’t D. ought to not41 Period 8 Exercises(习题课)【学习目标】 通过练习及讲评,夯实知识要点,形成解决问题的能力。 【自主学习】Ⅰ单词拼写 请根据汉语提示或首字母写出单词的正确形式 1. Foods, such as rice, sugar, butter, oils and so on can give us e___________. 2. We should try our best to keep

我要回帖

更多关于 nearest neighbours 的文章

随机推荐