youravatcatos worldlinee的汉语

Next post:
Previous post:
Welcome to Stonesoup! It's a blog about delicious, simple recipes. I'm Jules Clancy. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE real food and tame my type 2 diabetes by eating (mostly) low carb high fat. I have a degree in Food Science and am the author of
My Meal PlansDraw Me Like One of Your French Girls | Know Your Meme
Also Trending:
Like us on Facebook!
“Draw Me Like One of Your French Girls” is an expression from the 1997 drama film Titanic which is often used to caption photos of people or animals laying down in an alluring pose.
The phrase was first used in a scene from the 1997 film Titanic starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. After seeing nude drawings Jack Dawson (DiCaprio) had done, Rose (Winslet) tells him, “Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French girls” (shown below).
The earliest known use of the quote for comedic effect can be traced to an entry in a Moviefone caption contest for the superhero film Iron Man in 2008, which paired the phrase with a photo of Tony Stark (played by Robert Downey Jr.) showing off an arc reactor mounted in his chest to Obadiah Stane (played by Jeff B shown below). The first image macro instance featuring the phrase was a LOLcat image posted to I Can Haz Cheezburger on May 4th, 2008.
The phrase did not gain much traction until years later on January 7th, 2011, when Tumblr user meguhime added the caption on a photo of a plump pug dog (shown below) originally taken by Flickr user mylulabelles. In less than 24 hours, the post had received more than 11,000 notes.
In the coming days, meguhime’s image macro was shared on the Internet humor blogs Pleated Jeans and I Has A Hot Dog. On July 5th, 2011, the Internet news blog Uproxx featured a slideshow of notable examples from the series. On May 27th, 2012, 9gag user La_Pomme submitted a post titled “Draw Me Like One of Your French Girls,” featuring a photoshopped screen capture of the scene from Titanic with Jack using the Draw Something mobile app (shown below). Within one year, the post gained over 38,000 up votes and 3,700 Facebook shares.
French Girls Mobile App
On March 23rd, 2013, the mobile software company APPEK released an iOS app titled “French Girls,” which allows its anonymous users to draw sketch portraits of strangers and upload their own photos for others to draw. In the weeks following its release, the app was featured in several tech news blogs, including Softpedia, Fast Code Design and Gizmodo.
Notable Examples
Additional image macros can often be found on the microblogging site Tumblr under the tag “#draw me like one of your french girls.”
Search query volume for the phrase first spiked in January 2011, dipping slightly until May when it began steadily growing.
External References
Recent Videos
Recent Images
Sup! You must login or signup first!
Already a memeber?
Don't have an account?Advertisement
Tags: , , , , , ,
This entry was posted on Friday, February 8th, 2013 at 3:06 pm
and is filed under , , .
You can follow any comments to this entry through the
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
My New Book!
A New York Times Bestseller!
Recent Posts
Subscribe by email
All About Skimmers
Click image for my skimmer series.
The Value of a Hacked PC
Badguy uses for your PC
Tools for a Safer PC
Tools for a Safer PC
The Pharma Wars
Spammers Duke it Out
Badguy Uses for Your Email
Your email account may be worth far more than you imagine.
eBanking Best Practices
eBanking Best Practices for Businesses
Most Popular Posts
Category: Web Fraud 2.0
Innovations from the Underground
ID Protection Services Examined
Is Antivirus Dead?
The reasons for its decline
The Growing Tax Fraud Menace
File 'em Before the Bad Guys Can
Inside a Carding Shop
A crash course in carding.
Beware Social Security Fraud
How Was Your Card Stolen?
Finding out is not so easy.
Krebs’s 3 Rules…
...For Online Safety.Hans Rosling: The best stats you've ever seen | TED Talk |
You have JavaScript disabled
For the best experience, please turn JavaScript on.
48 subtitle languages
Help with subtitles
Share this idea
TED Talks are free
thanks to support from
You've never seen data presented like this. With the drama and urgency of a sportscaster, statistics guru Hans Rosling debunks myths about the so-called "developing world."
G data visionary
In Hans Rosling’s hands, data sings. Global trends in health and economics come to vivid life. And the big picture of global development—with some surprisingly good news—snaps into sharp focus.