When the man finally found yacame into my view,I found it was my father.为何用it 不能用he吗

(2007年普通高等学校夏季招生考试英语(江苏卷))E
Some people bring out the best in you in a way that you might never have fully realized on your own. My mom was one of those people. My father died when I was nine months old, making my mom a single mother at the age of eighteen. While I was growing up, we lived a very hard life. We had little money, but my mom gave me a lot of love. Each night, she sat me on her lap and spoke the words that would change my life, “Kemmons, you are certain to be a great man and you can do anything in life if you work hard enough to get it.” At fourteen, I was hit by a car and the doctors said I would never walk again. Every day, my mother spoke to me in her gentle, loving voice, telling me that no matter what those doctors said, I could walk again if I wanted to badly enough. She drove that message so deep into my heart that I finally believed her. A year later I returned to school-walking on my own!When the Great Depression(大萧条)hit, my mom lost her job. Then I left school to support the both of us. At that moment, I was determined never to be poor again.Over the years, I experienced various levels of business success. But the real turning point occurred on a vacation I took with my wife and five kids in 1951.I was dissatisfied with the second-class hotels available for families and was angry that they charged an extra$2 for each child. That was too expensive for the average American family. I told my wife that I was going to open a motel (汽车旅馆)for families that would never charge extra for children. There were plenty of doubters at that time. Not surprisingly, mom was one of my strongest supporters. She worked behind the desk and even designed the room style. As in any business, we experienced a lot of challenges. But with my mother’s words deeply rooted in my soul, I never doubted we would succeed. Fifteen years later, we had the largest hotel system in the word-Holiday Inn. In 1979 my company had 1,759 inns in more than fifty countries with an in income of $ 1 billion a year. You may not have started out life in the best situations. But if you can find a task in life worth working for and believe in yourself, nothing can stop you.71.What Kemmons’mom often told him during his childhood was_______.A.caring
C.encouraging
D.interesting72.According to the author, who played the most important role in making him walk back to school again?A.Doctors.
C.Friends.
D.Mom.73.What caused Kemmons to start a motel by himself?A. His terrible experience in the hotel.B. His previous business success of various levels.C. His mom’s support.D. His wife’s suggestion.74.Which of the following best describes Kemmons’mother?A. Modest ,helpful and hard-working.
B. Loving, supportive and strong-willed.C. Careful, helpful and beautiful.
D.Strict, sensitive and supportive.75.Which of the following led to Kemmons’ success according to the passage?A. Self-confidence, had work, higher education and a poor familyB. Mom’s encouragement, clear goals, self-confidence and hard work.C. Clear goals, mom’s encouragement, a poor family and higher education.D. Mom’s encouragement, a poor family, higher education and opportunities. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:(2007年普通高等学校夏季招生考试英语(江苏卷))E
Some people bring out the best in you in a way that you might never have fully realized on your own. My mom was one of those people. My father died when I was nine months old, making my mom a single mother at the age of eighteen. While I was growing up, we lived a very hard life. We had little money, but my mom gave me a lot of love. Each night, she sat me on her lap and spoke the words that would change my life, “Kemmons, you are certain to be a great man and you can do anything in life if you work hard enough to get it.” At fourteen, I was hit by a car and the doctors said I would never walk again. Every day, my mother spoke to me in her gentle, loving voice, telling me that no matter what those doctors said, I could walk again if I wanted to badly enough. She drove that message so deep into my heart that I finally believed her. A year later I returned to school-walking on my own!When the Great Depression(大萧条)hit, my mom lost her job. Then I left school to support the both of us. At that moment, I was determined never to be poor again.Over the years, I experienced various levels of business success. But the real turning point occurred on a vacation I took with my wife and five kids in 1951.I was dissatisfied with the second-class hotels available for families and was angry that they charged an extra$2 for each child. That was too expensive for the average American family. I told my wife that I was going to open a motel (汽车旅馆)for families that would never charge extra for children. There were plenty of doubters at that time. Not surprisingly, mom was one of my strongest supporters. She worked behind the desk and even designed the room style. As in any business, we experienced a lot of challenges. But with my mother’s words deeply rooted in my soul, I never doubted we would succeed. Fifteen years later, we had the largest hotel system in the word-Holiday Inn. In 1979 my company had 1,759 inns in more than fifty countries with an in income of $ 1 billion a year. You may not have started out life in the best situations. But if you can find a task in life worth working for and believe in yourself, nothing can stop you.71.What Kemmons’mom often told him during his childhood was_______.A.caring
C.encouraging
D.interesting72.According to the author, who played the most important role in making him walk back to school again?A.Doctors.
C.Friends.
D.Mom.73.What caused Kemmons to start a motel by himself?A. His terrible experience in the hotel.B. His previous business success of various levels.C. His mom’s support.D. His wife’s suggestion.74.Which of the following best describes Kemmons’mother?A. Modest ,helpful and hard-working.
D.Strict, sensitive and supportive.75.Which of the following led to Kemmons’ success according to the passage?A. Self-confidence, had work, higher education and a poor familyB. Mom’s encouragement, clear goals, self-confidence and hard work.C. Clear goals, mom’s encouragement, a poor family and higher education.D. Mom’s encouragement, a poor family, higher education and opportunities.(2007年普通高等学校夏季招生考试英语(江苏卷))E
C.encouraging
C.Friends.
D.Strict, sensitive and supportive.75.Which of the following led to Kemmons’ success according to the passage?A. Self-confidence, had work, higher education and a poor familyB. Mom’s encouragement, clear goals, self-confidence and hard work.C. Clear goals, mom’s encouragement, a poor family and higher education.D. Mom’s encouragement, a poor family, higher education and opportunities.科目:最佳答案CDABB解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心现代大学英语精读unit1完整版(想什么有什么)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
现代大学英语精读unit1完整版(想什么有什么)
上传于||文档简介
&&想​有​什​么​答​案​就​有​什​么​答​案​。
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩4页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢《现代大学英语精读第二版》部分课后练习答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
《现代大学英语精读第二版》部分课后练习答案
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩29页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢A true apology is more than just acknowledgement of a mistake. It’s recognition that something you’ve said or done has damaged a relationship—and that you care enough about that relationship to want it ____ . It’s never ____ to acknowledge you are in the wrong. Being human, we all need the art of apology. Look back and think how ____ you’ve judged roughly, said ____ things, pushed yurself ahead at the expense of a friend. Some deep thought lets us know that when ____ a small mistake has been made, your ____ will stay out of balance until the mistake is acknowledged and your regret is ____. I remember a doctor friend, telling me about a man who came to him with ____ illnesses: headache, insomnia, stomachaches and so on. No physical ____ could be found. Finally the doctor said to the man, “____ you tell me what’s on your conscience, I can’t help you.” After a short silence, the man told the doctor that he ____ all the money that his father gave to his brother, who was ____. His father had died, so only he himself knew the matter. The doctor made the man write to his brother making an ____ and enclosing a ____. In the post office, the man dropped the letter into the mail box. As the letter disappeared, the man burst into tears. “Thank you, doctor,” he said, “I think I’m all right now.” And he ____. 【小题1】3 M+ O$ S0 `) R
T* N9 Z. P A.built4 @* B* ?" e8 X% b- i" `( H/ [ B.formed0 g) f, d, I2 L1 _+ @+ @ C.repaired2 \& P' G8 U
L; ? D.damaged3 I2 Q" W
G" e0 M9 B % d9 T3 B
\4 Y) X0 T+ O 【小题2】3 g* G: N" ]: a
e3 [& `/ Z; h, H5 d A.difficult% S& @3 S+ \+ F
M( @1 P. A4 i1 e C.foolish: U# h1 `+ a' j
W/ N0 G D.shy# _0 j) ^; Y, F3 O$ U9 Q' D
^0 W" P" Z 【小题3】3 f+ E0 j7 a* E0 M' _4 h' I$ g A.long! j+ h/ K* V; c. D7 `, P B.often5 K* U/ U7 Z! K: V- V# W; @ C.much5 L# W5 `6 [5 T( K8 Q( ? D.soon) a2 A& X2 M' A* G' h# A ! j" G8 j" K6 H2 C2 L0 c 【小题4】" N: i6 S2 g8 F- P A.unusual- R2 g+ O- ^7 W# X0 g7 T& j) R B.harmful& P$ e* F2 [. E+ E% R C.worthless+ h' V# `& A& F. h3 Y& c D.unkind* J& S/ [0 [( ^5 j . X. M% D: C; ] 【小题5】
R1 K; \- O, C$ A3 D/ F: i A.hardly: ]- S2 Q( F0 R$ @ B.even/ M# a- ?- F' @ C.only# A: W" P9 J6 A D.such0 g/ C$ S8 X4 D! B( j. S+ Z 7 h0 A* f$ _; h+ L% ^$ C# Q# ` 【小题6】2 d+ g
N4 O; A4 D A. ?: B1 N7 g
M# g* W7 J9 \/ V B.brain7 B! I! a+ h( a7 @/ H! d C.weight% Y2 @$ a4 j- E& P. J# _) O D. i! j* E4 M' [9 U2 e6 H# F+ N $ @3 [3 Q% L, H/ d$ A 【小题7】9 T" K, ]; B% P: F A.apologized5 ?* _- ]: ]2 g5 B: W B.explained* W+ X0 O7 j. T4 Z5 c, Q6 X1 Z C. F8 J; b" O6 h" J. U) M" D+ ? D.expressed, e# H, E' X# ]& A0 L% B ' b. T5 X9 ^0 B4 W' R 【小题8】9 f+ K' e2 N" e) F- I/ @ A.strange% C# c, R" S
e4 [8 c B.fatal- ^2 ]* P$ J$ X' g C.various! ]% B. _& K. g# U. J# O6 g8 _ D.dangerous
E7 H% b& U+ g$ Z " `0 G2 H) ]; ?3 c- T' c 【小题9】* V8 @2 h4 e$ O, F0 _6 ` A.sign9 X7 _) Q1 F' X4 Z- P1 Y) V B.injury! Z6 A* J% J& b) W C.cause7 H- g1 Q
W8 G2 F: j0 P) F* O D.symptom2 c4 E9 Z4 E
H. C1 U$ C0 ` 6 ^- P6 C$ M; Y" S2 j) A 【小题10】+ O; S1 e4 a1 D+ N5 g A.Whenever' @# K$ X1 R% e& c) ?% W B.Unless' [( g$ Y9 Z+ Y& D7 @7 V C.Suppose7 g( B" E+ A( Y+ E! j& I& Q; a) E4 c8 G D.Although0 K; a3 d3 i* I1 c( V% a+ D ) S2 a1 E: Z# a- e. \7 b 【小题11】4 [( W+ P! P: V& P5 I' N# ^ A.neglected3 V( ?+ j8 e* [ B.accepted3 U: ?1 E9 X: N& O1 D C.seized% M5 [+ P* N: B. P- J D.wasted- ]3 A. V3 _# R: F4 Y 1 X" O% \6 K, ? 【小题12】- _
i* W2 d& [ A.mad5 i" G5 N1 C
Y9 e$ ^. ] B.lost1 Y8 K# X, f/ W8 X( G9 V* D3 h/ X C.abroad+ R* Z9 F; ?0 ]- S% S D.dead" S* d7 b/ H3 Q/ a! U
b6 Q! X6 J, G7 e$ S4 h3 \$ G 【小题13】) _
f9 d! _: h/ M: h8 A A.order/ \+ X3 d
\, \7 ]$ W5 _3 V" W6 C, V' B B.excuse. _! E4 g6 _1 @ C.agreement/ Y% U+ ^$ b) E* [# S8 d D.apology" K$ C9 P7 E2 H/ \' \" G8 b $ T6 Q( L3 b5 V) f/ f9 D 【小题14】. d% f3 D0 J8 d- E% Z+ \- e A.note6 H3 b! N, ^- \9 Q B.card% X0 P- \: S+ U! N& c
H C.check. b, ]0 j6 G3 R' V7 U" ^ D.photo2 a0 K5 ^3 B9 F2 ?, b+ S6 j8 S $ F* E/ Z3 A# V. i2 W' I& L 【小题15】% V
`" A. F% D% S/ ?$ Q( N A. L0 j) ?3 g/ j$ Y9 A. P4 K B.did4 O. J
e/ j4 c C.had# M! [+ X* \; X4 \ D.was0 ?9 T- `3 e# W6 V* O
J8 `4 V& a% j
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:A true apology is more than just acknowledgement of a mistake. It’s recognition that something you’ve said or done has damaged a relationship—and that you care enough about that relationship to want it ____ . It’s never ____ to acknowledge you are in the wrong. Being human, we all need the art of apology. Look back and think how ____ you’ve judged roughly, said ____ things, pushed yurself ahead at the expense of a friend. Some deep thought lets us know that when ____ a small mistake has been made, your ____ will stay out of balance until the mistake is acknowledged and your regret is ____. I remember a doctor friend, telling me about a man who came to him with ____ illnesses: headache, insomnia, stomachaches and so on. No physical ____ could be found. Finally the doctor said to the man, “____ you tell me what’s on your conscience, I can’t help you.” After a short silence, the man told the doctor that he ____ all the money that his father gave to his brother, who was ____. His father had died, so only he himself knew the matter. The doctor made the man write to his brother making an ____ and enclosing a ____. In the post office, the man dropped the letter into the mail box. As the letter disappeared, the man burst into tears. “Thank you, doctor,” he said, “I think I’m all right now.” And he ____. 【小题1】3 M+ O$ S0 `) R
T* N9 Z. P A.built4 @* B* ?" e8 X% b- i" `( H/ [ B.formed0 g) f, d, I2 L1 _+ @+ @ C.repaired2 \& P' G8 U
L; ? D.damaged3 I2 Q" W
G" e0 M9 B % d9 T3 B
W/ N0 G D.shy# _0 j) ^; Y, F3 O$ U9 Q' D
^0 W" P" Z 【小题3】3 f+ E0 j7 a* E0 M' _4 h' I$ g A.long! j+ h/ K* V; c. D7 `, P B.often5 K* U/ U7 Z! K: V- V# W; @ C.much5 L# W5 `6 [5 T( K8 Q( ? D.soon) a2 A& X2 M' A* G' h# A ! j" G8 j" K6 H2 C2 L0 c 【小题4】" N: i6 S2 g8 F- P A.unusual- R2 g+ O- ^7 W# X0 g7 T& j) R B.harmful& P$ e* F2 [. E+ E% R C.worthless+ h' V# `& A& F. h3 Y& c D.unkind* J& S/ [0 [( ^5 j . X. M% D: C; ] 【小题5】
R1 K; \- O, C$ A3 D/ F: i A.hardly: ]- S2 Q( F0 R$ @ B.even/ M# a- ?- F' @ C.only# A: W" P9 J6 A D.such0 g/ C$ S8 X4 D! B( j. S+ Z 7 h0 A* f$ _; h+ L% ^$ C# Q# ` 【小题6】2 d+ g
N4 O; A4 D A. ?: B1 N7 g
M# g* W7 J9 \/ V B.brain7 B! I! a+ h( a7 @/ H! d C.weight% Y2 @$ a4 j- E& P. J# _) O D. i! j* E4 M' [9 U2 e6 H# F+ N $ @3 [3 Q% L, H/ d$ A 【小题7】9 T" K, ]; B% P: F A.apologized5 ?* _- ]: ]2 g5 B: W B.explained* W+ X0 O7 j. T4 Z5 c, Q6 X1 Z C. F8 J; b" O6 h" J. U) M" D+ ? D.expressed, e# H, E' X# ]& A0 L% B ' b. T5 X9 ^0 B4 W' R 【小题8】9 f+ K' e2 N" e) F- I/ @ A.strange% C# c, R" S
e4 [8 c B.fatal- ^2 ]* P$ J$ X' g C.various! ]% B. _& K. g# U. J# O6 g8 _ D.dangerous
E7 H% b& U+ g$ Z " `0 G2 H) ]; ?3 c- T' c 【小题9】* V8 @2 h4 e$ O, F0 _6 ` A.sign9 X7 _) Q1 F' X4 Z- P1 Y) V B.injury! Z6 A* J% J& b) W C.cause7 H- g1 Q
H. C1 U$ C0 ` 6 ^- P6 C$ M; Y" S2 j) A 【小题10】+ O; S1 e4 a1 D+ N5 g A.Whenever' @# K$ X1 R% e& c) ?% W B.Unless' [( g$ Y9 Z+ Y& D7 @7 V C.Suppose7 g( B" E+ A( Y+ E! j& I& Q; a) E4 c8 G D.Although0 K; a3 d3 i* I1 c( V% a+ D ) S2 a1 E: Z# a- e. \7 b 【小题11】4 [( W+ P! P: V& P5 I' N# ^ A.neglected3 V( ?+ j8 e* [ B.accepted3 U: ?1 E9 X: N& O1 D C.seized% M5 [+ P* N: B. P- J D.wasted- ]3 A. V3 _# R: F4 Y 1 X" O% \6 K, ? 【小题12】- _
Y9 e$ ^. ] B.lost1 Y8 K# X, f/ W8 X( G9 V* D3 h/ X C.abroad+ R* Z9 F; ?0 ]- S% S D.dead" S* d7 b/ H3 Q/ a! U
\, \7 ]$ W5 _3 V" W6 C, V' B B.excuse. _! E4 g6 _1 @ C.agreement/ Y% U+ ^$ b) E* [# S8 d D.apology" K$ C9 P7 E2 H/ \' \" G8 b $ T6 Q( L3 b5 V) f/ f9 D 【小题14】. d% f3 D0 J8 d- E% Z+ \- e A.note6 H3 b! N, ^- \9 Q B.card% X0 P- \: S+ U! N& c
H C.check. b, ]0 j6 G3 R' V7 U" ^ D.photo2 a0 K5 ^3 B9 F2 ?, b+ S6 j8 S $ F* E/ Z3 A# V. i2 W' I& L 【小题15】% V
`" A. F% D% S/ ?$ Q( N A. L0 j) ?3 g/ j$ Y9 A. P4 K B.did4 O. J
J8 `4 V& a% j A true apology is more than just acknowledgement of a mistake. It’s recognition that something you’ve said or done has damaged a relationship—and that you care enough about that relationship to want it ____ . It’s never ____ to acknowledge you are in the wrong. Being human, we all need the art of apology. Look back and think how ____ you’ve judged roughly, said ____ things, pushed yurself ahead at the expense of a friend. Some deep thought lets us know that when ____ a small mistake has been made, your ____ will stay out of balance until the mistake is acknowledged and your regret is ____. I remember a doctor friend, telling me about a man who came to him with ____ illnesses: headache, insomnia, stomachaches and so on. No physical ____ could be found. Finally the doctor said to the man, “____ you tell me what’s on your conscience, I can’t help you.” After a short silence, the man told the doctor that he ____ all the money that his father gave to his brother, who was ____. His father had died, so only he himself knew the matter. The doctor made the man write to his brother making an ____ and enclosing a ____. In the post office, the man dropped the letter into the mail box. As the letter disappeared, the man burst into tears. “Thank you, doctor,” he said, “I think I’m all right now.” And he ____. 【小题1】3 M+ O$ S0 `) R
L; ? D.damaged3 I2 Q" W
G" e0 M9 B % d9 T3 B
W/ N0 G D.shy# _0 j) ^; Y, F3 h ; O$ U9 Q' D
N4 O; A4 D A.sense; ?: B1 N7 g
M# g* W7 J9 \/ V B.brain7 B! I! a+ h( a7 @/ H! d C.weight% Y2 @$ a4 j- E& P. J# _) O D.feeling; i! j* E4 M' [9 U2 e6 H# F+ N $ @3 [3 Q% L, H/ d$ A 【小题7】9 T" K, ]; B% P: F A.apologized5 ?* _- ]: ]2 g5 B: W B.explained* W+ X0 O7 j. T4 Z5 c, Q6 X1 Z C.offered; F8 J; b" O6 h" J. U) M" D+ ? D.expressed, e# H, E' X# ]& A0 L% B ' b. T5 X9 ^0 B4 W' R 【小题8】9 f+ K' e2 N" e) F- I/ @ A.strange% C# c, R" S
`" A. F% D% S/ ?$ Q( N A.should; L0 j) ?3 g/ j$ Y9 A. P4 K B.did4 O. J
J8 `4 V& a% j 科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】C【小题2】B【小题3】B【小题4】D【小题5】B【小题6】D【小题7】D【小题8】C【小题9】C【小题10】B【小题11】C【小题12】C【小题13】D【小题14】C【小题15】D解析试题分析:本文而叙述了人们说的话或做的事伤害了朋友的时候,为了修复这种朋友关系,人们就不得不向朋友真诚的道歉,否则的话人们的心情就会失去平衡,本文还举例进行了论述。【小题1】考查动词及上下文的呼应。build建立; form形成; repair修理;damage破坏。根据上文可知has damaged a relationship所以这里指修复关系,故选C。【小题2】考查形容词及上下文的呼应。difficult困难的; easy容易的; foolish愚蠢的;
shy 害羞的。认识到自己的错误是不容易的,故选B。【小题3】考查形容词及上下文的呼应。long长的; often 经常; much 多; soon不久。回顾一下自己是否常作出粗鲁的决定,故选B。【小题4】考查形容词及上下文的呼应。unusual不寻常的; harmful有害的; worthless无价的; unkind无情的,不友好的。根据上下文可知说一些不友好的话,故选D。【小题5】考查副词及上下文的呼应。hardly几乎不; even 甚至; only 仅仅; such这样。深思让我们知道什么时候犯下了甚至这么小的错误,这里用even来加强语气,故选B。【小题6】考查名词及上下文的呼应。sense感觉; brain头脑; weight体重;feeling感情。你的感情会让你失去平衡直到你认识到错误,故选D。【小题7】考查动词及上下文的呼应。apologize道歉; explain解释; offer提供;express表达。你的感情会让你失去平衡直到你认识到错误和表达”个人后悔之意,故选D。【小题8】考查形容词及上下文的呼应。strange 奇怪的; fatal 致命的; various各种各样的; dangerous危险的。根据headache, insomnia, stomachaches and so on.可知指各种疾病,故选 C。【小题9】考查名词及上下文的呼应。sign迹象; injury 伤害; cause 原因; symptom症状。没有身体的原因被发现,故选C。【小题10】考查连词及上下文的呼应。whenever无论何时; unless 除非; suppose假设;
Although尽管。除非你要告诉我,故选B。【小题11】考查动词及上下文的呼应。neglect疏忽; accept接受; seize独占;夺取;抓住;waste 浪费。他告诉医生他父亲给他的弟弟的钱他都独占了,故选C。【小题12】考查形容词及上下文的呼应。mad 疯狂的; lost失去的; abroad海外的;
dead死的。他告诉医生他父亲给他的弟弟的钱他都独占了,他的弟弟在国外,故选C。【小题13】考查名词及上下文的呼应。order命令; excuse借口; agreement协议;
apology道歉。医生让这人给他的弟弟写信道歉,故选D。【小题14】考查名词及上下文的呼应。note笔记; card 卡片; check支票; photo照片。医生让这人给他的弟弟写信道歉,并且附上一张照片,故选C。【小题15】考查动词及上下文的呼应。should应该; do 做; have有; was是。此句完整的是And he was all right,故选D。考点:考查人生百味类阅读。知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 came into 的文章

随机推荐