城市欧美扁平PPT模板_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
城市欧美扁平PPT模板
上传于||暂无简介
大小:967.80KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Laura lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a swim in the sea. She knew that the sea near the ____1____ has a strong tide (浪) , but she was a good swimmer, so she wasn’t __2______. Laura left her friends lying on the sands and ran into the sea. She swam quite far from the beach and waved(挥舞) to her friends in the distance. After a short while she decided to swim ____3___. She tried her best, but she couldn’t get any closer to the beach . The tide kept___4___her back. She waved her arms in the air to let her friends know that she was____5____, but they just waved back, for they didn’t know what she___6_____. After a long time, Laura became very ______7___ and she couldn’t swim any more. Her legs ____8____and she lost hope. Suddenly, her foot touched ____9____! All the time she had been swimming in a place where the water wasn’t deep! When at last she went back to the beach, one of her friends asked, “ Did you ___10____your swim?”“Yes, it was lovely.” She answered. She never told them what really happened.小题1: A town
D country小题2:A lonely
B surprised
C interested
D afraid小题3: A up
D on小题4:A pulling
C throwing
D putting小题5:A in trouble
C out of trouble
D in the water小题6:A found
D saw小题7:A hungry
D tired小题8:A came up
B were broken
C went down
D moved on小题9:A a tide
B the sand
D one of her friends小题10:A enjoy
B remember
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Laura lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a swim in the sea. She knew that the sea near the ____1____ has a strong tide (浪) , but she was a good swimmer, so she wasn’t __2______. Laura left her friends lying on the sands and ran into the sea. She swam quite far from the beach and waved(挥舞) to her friends in the distance. After a short while she decided to swim ____3___. She tried her best, but she couldn’t get any closer to the beach . The tide kept___4___her back. She waved her arms in the air to let her friends know that she was____5____, but they just waved back, for they didn’t know what she___6_____. After a long time, Laura became very ______7___ and she couldn’t swim any more. Her legs ____8____and she lost hope. Suddenly, her foot touched ____9____! All the time she had been swimming in a place where the water wasn’t deep! When at last she went back to the beach, one of her friends asked, “ Did you ___10____your swim?”“Yes, it was lovely.” She answered. She never told them what really happened.小题1: A town
B surprised
C interested
C throwing
C out of trouble
B were broken
C went down
B the sand
B remember
Laura lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a swim in the sea. She knew that the sea near the ____1____ has a strong tide (浪) , but she was a good swimmer, so she wasn’t __2______. Laura left her friends lying on the sands and ran into the sea. She swam quite far from the beach and waved(挥舞) to her friends in the distance. After a short while she decided to swim ____3___. She tried her best, but she couldn’t get any closer to the beach . The tide kept___4___her back. She waved her arms in the air to let her friends know that she was____5____, but they just waved back, for they didn’t know what she___6_____. After a long time, Laura became very ______7___ and she couldn’t swim any more. Her legs ____8____and she lost hope. Suddenly, her foot touched ____9____! All the time she had been swimming in a place where the water wasn’t deep! When at last she went back to the beach, one of her friends asked, “ Did you ___10____your swim?”“Yes, it was lovely.” She answered. She never told them what really happened.小题1: A town
B surprised
C interested
C throwing
C out of trouble
B were broken
C went down
B the sand
B remember
科目:最佳答案见解析解析
小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:B小题5:A小题6:B小题7:D小题8:C小题9:B小题10:A小题1:.根据首句她住在海边附近的村庄,她决定去那里游泳,所以她应该知道村庄附近的海有大浪,所已选择村庄的意思更符合,故选C,village。小题2:.根据前句她是个出色的游泳者,所以按照常理她应该是不害怕的,故选 D,afraid。小题3:.根据后句她不能靠近海岸,所以她应该是向回游,故选返回的单词back,所以只能选B。小题4:.在海中不能游回来,应该是浪推打着她,故选pushing(推),所以选B。小题5:.根据前后句义,她不能游回来,挥着手的意思应该是表示她处于困境中,故选A,in trouble。小题6:.但是她的朋友也向她挥手,而很长时间没有来救她,所以应该是不清楚朋友挥手的真正含义,故选meant(表示的意思)更符合,故选B。小题7:.她在水中折腾了很长的时间,按照常理应该是疲惫了,故选D,tired。小题8:.根据前句,她不能游了,应该是腿向水下沉,故选向下意思更符合,故选C,went down。小题9:.根据后句水不深,她回到了岸边,所以她应该是碰到了海里面的沙,故选B,sand。小题10:.根据后句她回答这次游泳是美好的,所以用喜欢享受的单词更符合,故选A,enjoy。知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心Mary Archer: Most men need wife to pump up ego. Jeffrey needed me to puncture his | Daily Mail Online
Most men need a wife to pump up their ego. Jeffrey needed me to puncture his: A fascinating insight into a famously colourful marriage by MARY ARCHER
01:40 GMT, 24 August 2013
13:01 GMT, 24 August 2013
Married for 47 years: Mary and Jeffrey Archer
One thing my husband has certainly never lacked is self-confidence. Right from the start, when we met at Oxford in our 20s, he had lashings of it — matched only by his ebullience and impetuosity.So when I read this week that Julian Fellowes attributes his success to the confidence bestowed by marriage, I laughed. For although I recognised the sentiment, this was one attribute Jeffrey was never lacking in. While there’s no doubt our 47-year-long marriage is at the root of Jeffrey’s enduring success, I would say that his success is thanks to my grounding influence, rather than my boosting his self-esteem. Married people are perhaps more willing to take the risks which often lead to success, in the knowledge that someone will always be there — through the ups and the downs — to provide a safety blanket for them.As A.A. Milne wrote in his wonderful poem Us Two, ‘Wherever I am there’s always Pooh/ There’s always Pooh and me.’ Of course, there have been some very public troughs, but our marriage has proved robust. We have always supported each other.Many people have questioned why I didn’t leave Jeffrey when he was unfaithful, but the way I see it, no one is perfect. Jeffrey certainly isn’t — but then again, neither am I.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
To walk out of a marriage tears such a chunk out of your life. The bargain is for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health,Infidelity is not helpful, but it doesn’t have to be terminal either. It was I who chose to have a career which took me to Cambridge, while Jeffrey remained in London . . .It might sound unfeeling, but the occasional infidelity is not fundamental to me. Other things — loyalty in the broader sense, kindness and a loving attitude to children and family, for example — are far more significant.I think indifference is the worst. To be married to someone who doesn’t care about you must be truly awful.
Supportive: Mary with Jeffrey on stage at the 1999 Conservative Party conference after his speech
Indeed, while I’ve helped Jeffrey along the way, I have certainly benefitted from our relationship as well. If it weren’t for my husband’s influence, I would have remained hidden away in my ivory tower: a bookish academic with no grasp on the myriad joys of life outside.Although I was never an anxious type, my confidence didn’t match Jeffrey’s. I hated public speaking so he spent hours coaching me — he still does — how to vary my pitch and add in the odd joke, which I find difficult.I think in a marriage your personalities gradu you grow more similar over the years.Initially, though, it was our differences that brought us together. We first met at a party given by newspaper editor Nick Lloyd and I thought Jeffrey so alive.Having been to boarding school, I had led a relatively quiet life. I was mightily impressed by all the things Jeffrey did — such as bringing the Beatles up to Oxford to support an Oxfam campaign in 1963.He had tremendous vivacity, an in-built energy. Life with Jeffrey would be led in the fast lane: our marriage was — and is — never boring.In terms of what drew him to me, he was never an academic so I think he was impressed by my conventional brains: the good school grades and later my first-class degree.Although I must add I think he
fell for my looks, too: he is a man, after all!But when we married in Great St Mary’s Church in Oxford in July 1966, I remember my father said to Jeffrey: ‘By all means marry Mary, but promise not to stop her from doing what she wants with her career.’I wish my father, who died in 1971, had
lived long enough to see that Jeffrey has always kept that promise. My
job meant I wasn’t always around as much as I would have liked, but
Jeffrey never complained.
For better and for worse: Mary leaving the High Court with Jeffrey in 1987 during his successful libel action against the Daily Star
Although in the early days of our marriage, his career was far more prominent than mine. After obtaining a diploma in education, he was elected to the Greater London Council as one of three members for Havering and started a couple of companies. By the age of 29, he’d been elected to parliament as MP for the Lincolnshire borough of Louth. I gave him stability he needed — not in terms of slippers and a hot meal — but emotional support. Success, sure enough, followed. Our marriage helped him in other ways, too. In those days the Tory Party looked at the candidate’s wife to see if she was suitable. I was working as a post-doctoral fellow at St Hilda’s College, Oxford, so that ticked a few boxes.Meanwhile, I went on to have our sons, William, now 41, and James, 39.The first hurdle we faced as a
family was the Aquablast catastrophe in 1974 — an investment in a Canadian company which proved fraudulent and sadly forced Jeffrey to leave Parliament.We had two young children and had to leave our lovely, large five-bedroomed house in The Boltons, in South Kensington, and rent a small house in Cambridge.It was a very difficult time and many other relationships would have splintered, but we got through it. I seldom lose my temper —
what’s the point? — and I think my serenity in hard times has helped Jeffrey turn the situation to his advantage. And, in truth, deep down I felt a certain pride that I could be the one to keep the show on the road.Just before we left our home in London, I remember him announcing: ‘I am going to write a novel!’ And that’s how his extraordinarily successful writing career began. It greatly amused me at the time because he’d hardly even written a letter before that, but I just said: ‘OK, go ahead.’ I didn’t scoff or try to put him off.He’s always been one who requires peace
and quiet to work — not like JK Rowling, who can write in busy cafés —
so he took went to stay in a friend’s spare room for six weeks. Again I
respected this decision without complaint.
Long-lasting: Mary says that after decades of marriage, since 1966, she seldom loses her temper
When he returned with reams of paper, I settled down to read
them and I was very impressed. Some people have said it was
me who made his books
readable, but no, no, no, that’s not the case at all.Yes, I used to copy-edit the early books, because I’ve always been better with commas than Jeffrey, but I couldn’t invent a compelling story to save my life. Any help I have given him through our
marriage certainly hasn’t been in that way.Jeffrey found himself an agent who worked very hard — she had to try 18 different publishers before his first book, Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less, was accepted.I don’t think either of us realised how difficult it is to get a book published. I certainly never imagined the success writing would bring
Jeffrey: at first I simply thought it would be nice for him to have something published, but that he’d then go out and get a proper job!It wasn’t until his third book, Kane And Abel, which had great international success, that things really took off. That enabled us to buy the Old Vicarage in Grantchester — from where I’m writing this.Today, we lead a peaceful life. But when in 2010 I suffered bowel cancer, Jeffrey really came into his own. He has always had a positive attitude and although deeply worried, he had an innate sense I would sail through. It really takes the strain off you when you have someone like that around. And he was right. Well, I didn’t sail through, exactly, but I survived and thrived — I am very pleased with the new bladder they fashioned from half a metre of my small intestine.His support helped me to take up a portfolio career again, chairing four different organisations that work in the field of healthcare, which I love. While these days Jeffrey is working hard on the Clifton Chronicles, his saga of the intertwined lives of two families.
We have had difficult moments over the decades, but you have to work through these things.
The rewards for this are the mutual tolerance and respect we have for each other. Not to mention the incredible bond that binds us after all the drama, both private and public.For a successful long-term relationship is one that gradually wears away your rough edges over time, leaving a smooth and harmonious interface between the two partners. Not only can marriage boost a career, and heighten one’s success, it helps you become a better
version of yourself — as I’m sure Jeffrey would agree.n Mary Archer’s fee for this article is being donated to Addenbrooke’s Abroad (actcharity.org.uk/abroad)
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your message

我要回帖

更多关于 laura mercier 的文章

随机推荐