whom it was sunny的意思predicted那里是什么意思?为什么用whom?形式主语还是什么?

考研英语怎么准备:重难点语法突破
考研英语怎么准备:重难点语法突破,考研英语
- 江西考研英语 】考研英语怎么准备:重难点语法突破
一、主语从句的定义:
  在复合句中充当主语的句子叫做主语从句。
    二、常规主语从句示例:
  连词that引导
  1)That he finished writing the composition in such a short time surprised
  他在这么短的内完成了写作震惊了我们所有人。
  2)That he is still alive is a wonder. 他还活着,真是奇迹。
  3)That we shall be late is certain. 我们要晚了,这是确定无疑的。
  4)That he should have ignored the working class was natural.
  他忽视工人阶级是很自然的。
  5)That she became an artist may have been due to her father&s
influence.
  她成为画家可能是受她父亲的影响。
  6)That you are coming to London is the best news I have heard this long
  你将来伦敦是好久以来我听到的最好消息。
  7)That she was chosen made a tremendous stir in her village.
  她被挑选上,在她村子里引起很大轰动。
  连词whether 引导
  1)Whether we will go for an outing tomorrow remains unknown.
  我们明天是否外出仍未可知。
  2)Whether it will do us harm remains to be seen. 是否对我们有害还要看一看。
  3)Whether they would support us was a problem. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。
  3. 关系代词型What引导
  1)What caused the accident remains unknown. 什么原因引起了这场事故尙不清楚。
  2)What we nee is time. 我们需要的是时间。
  3)What we need are good doctors. 我们需要的是优秀的医生。
  4)What&s done is done. 事已成定局。
  5)What he says is not important. 他说的话并不重要。
  6)What I am telling you is mere impressions.
  我和你说的都不过是一些印象而已。
  7)What make the river more beautiful are the lotus plants growing in the
  为河水增色的是水里的荷花。
  4. 连接代词引导
  1)Whoever is top from wins the game when two matched players meet.
  两强相争勇者胜。
  2)Whichever (of you) comes in first will receive a prize.
  无论(你们)谁先到都可以得奖。
  3)Whichever you want is yours. 你要哪个哪个就是你的。
  4)Whatever you did is right. 无论你做什么都是对的。
  5. 连接副词引导
  1)When we arrive doesn&t matter. 什么时候到没有关系。
  2)How this happened is not clear to anyone. 这件事怎样发生的,谁也不清楚。
  3)How many people we are to invite is still a question. 邀请多少人还是一个问题。
  4)Where I spend my summer is no business of yours. 我在哪里过暑假不关你的事。
  6. 关系代词Who, whom, whose引导
  1)Whose watch was lost is unknown. 谁的表丢了还不知道。
  2)Who will be our monitor hasn&t been decided yet. 谁将是我们的班长还没有决定。
  3)Whom we must study for is a question of great importance.
  我们必须向谁学习是一个非常重要的问题。
    三、常规主语从句语法规则小结:
  1. 引导主语从句的连词有that, whether, who, whose, whom, what, whatever等。
  2. 连词位于句首不能省略。
  3. 主语从句大多数情况下视为&三单&(第三人称单数),但也有例外,如例3. 3)和3. 7)。
    四、由it引导的形式主语从句
  有时为了考虑句子平衡,通常在主语从句处使用形式主语it,而将真正的主语从句移至句末。这分三种情况:
  (1) 对于以连词that引导的主语从句,通常用形式主语it代替真正的主语:
  It&s a pity that he didn&t come. 很遗憾他没来。
  It is important that he should know about this. 他必须知道此事。
  It&s vital that we be present. 我们出席是至关重要的。
  It was intended that you be the candidate. 大家的意图是让你当候。
  It is important that this mission not fail. 这项使命不失败至关重要。
  It is essential that a meeting be convened this week. 本周开一次会非常重要。
  It is appropriate that this tax be abolished. 废除这个税是恰当的。
  It&s unfair that so many people should lose their jobs. 竟有这么多人失业这是不公平的。
  It&s amazing that she should have said nothing about it. 她竟未谈及此事令人惊讶。
  It&s unthinkable that they should deny my request. 他们竟然拒绝我的请求,这是不可思议的。
  (2) 对于以连接代词(副词)引导的主语从句,可以使用形式主语代主语从句,也可直接在句首使用主语从句:
  Whether they would support us was a problem. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。
  It was a problem whether they would support us. 他们是否会支持我们还是一个问题。
  It remains to be seen whether it will do us harm or good.
它对我们是利是害,还得看看再说。
  (3) 对关系代词型what引导的主语从句,通常直接将主语从句放在句首。
  What we need is money. 我们需要的是钱。
  What I want to know is this. 我想知道的就是这一点。
  有时也可将助用形式主语。 如:
  It is clear enough what he meant. 他是什么意思很清楚。
  (4) 如果句子是疑问句,则必须用带形式主语it的结构:
  Is it true that he is the girl&s father? 他是那女孩的父亲,是真的吗?
  How is it that you are late again? 你怎么又迟到了?
    五、连词that的省略问题
  引导主语从句的连词that
有时可省,有时不能省,其原则是:若that引导的主语从句直接位于句首,则that不能省略;若that引导的主语从句位于句末,而在句首使用了形式主语it,则that可以省略:
  That you didn&t go to the talk was a pity. 很遗憾你没去听。(that不可省)
  It was a pity (that) you didn&t go to the talk. 很遗憾你没去听报告。(that可省)
  上述语法知识只是小编的简单整理,最后,预祝广大考生成功!
热点推荐:&
&&&重点推荐:& &&
& & & & & &&&
想了解更多关于江西考研英语网的资讯,请访问:江西考研英语
· 2015江西考研英语完型填空练习
· 考研英语怎么复习——英语词汇整体解析及方法阐述
· 考研英语怎么准备:重难点语法突破
· 2014考研英语怎么复习:完形填空的三招
· 2014年考研英语——重视真题
· 2014考研英语——语法是构成语言的规则
· 2014考研英语——阅读理解中的语法知识
考研院校库(挑大学·选专业)
34所自主划线院校
院校综合实力
【推荐】下载出国留学网的快捷方式到桌面,以便下次使用。
城市推荐:
江西考研英语编辑推荐文章
英语专业考研
江西考研英语最新文章It 作形式主语和it引导强调句的比较 It 作形式主语代替主语从句.主要是为了平衡句子结构.主语从句的连接词没有变化.而it引导的强调句则是对句子某一部分进行强调.无论强调的是什么成分.都可用连——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
&& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &
1. It 作形式主语和it引导强调句的比较It 作形式主语代替主语从句,主要是为了平衡句子结构,主语从句的连接词没有变化。而it引导的强调句则是对句子某一部分进行强调,无论强调的是什么成分,都可用连词that。被强调部分指人是也可用who/whom。例如:   It is a pity that you didn’tgo to see the film.   It doesn’t interest mewhether you succeed or not.   It is in the morning thatthe murder took place.   It is John that broke thewindow.
2. 在一些表示“建议、劝说、命令”的名词后面的表语从句中,谓语动词用虚拟语气。should+动词原形表示,should可省略。如: My suggestion is that we (should) start early tomorrow. 我的建议是我们明天一早就出发。主语从句主语从句是在复合句中充当主语的从句,通常放在主句谓语动词之前或由形式主语it代替,而本身放在句子末尾。
1. 连词because可引导表语从句。如: I think it is because youare doing too much. 我想这是因为你做得太多。
3. 引导表语从句的关联词的种类: (1)从属连词that.如: The trouble is that I havelost his address. 麻烦是我把他的地址丢了。 (2)从属连词whether, as, as if.如: He looked just as he hadlooked ten years before. 他看起来还与十年前一样。 The question is whetherthey will be able to help us. 问题是他们是否能帮我们。 注:从属连词if一般不用来引导表语从句,但as if却可引导表语从句,如: All this was over twentyyears ago, but it's as if it was only yesterday. 这都是20多年前的事了,但宛如昨天一样。 能跟表语从句的谓语动词一般为系动词be, seem,look等。如: It looked as if it wasgoing to rain. 看起来天要下雨了。 (3)连接代词who, whom, whose, what, which, whoever, whatever, whichever 连接副词 where, when, how, why. 如:The problem is who we canget to replace her. 问题是我们能找到谁去替换她呢。 The question is how he didit. 问题是他是如何做此事的。 That was what she did thismorning on reaching the attic. 那就是她今晨上了阁楼干的。 解释:
2. 构成:关联词+简单句
1. 定义:用作表语的从句叫做表语从句。
第二节    书面表达(满分25分)假如你是李华,请你根据下表内容的提示,为中学生英语报写一篇有关“EarthHour ”的短文,谈谈你对此活动的认识及你在节能活动中所能做的事。
全球节能活动,每年三月份最后一个星期六的晚上,家庭及企业关灯一小时
有利于提高节能意识; ……
离开教室时记得关灯; ……
注意:1.    短文的开头已经给出,不计入总次数;2.    可根据内容要点适当发挥,但不要逐条翻译;3.    词数120左右。参考词汇:企业意识:awarenessEarth Hour is an annualinternational event created by the World Wide Fund for Nature.
第一节   短文填词(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)阅读下面短文,根据以下提示:1)汉语提示,2)首字母提示,3)语境提示,在每个空格内填人一个适当的英语单词,并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的横线上。所填单词要求意义准确,拼写正确。Hello,everyone!It’s my turn to say something about the topic of graduation.Graduation is a timewhen we move on,from middle school    university. 76.Before   (毕业)fromschool,we usually have a variety ofactivities,like  77.taking pictures,leavingencouraging words to one another in m   of our  78.friendship,orgiving presents to our teachers to    (表达)ourthanks and 79.respect.    ,Ihave mixed feelings about moving on.1want to stay and     80.have more fun with my     (朋友),butI have to realize my dream. 81.Graduation m  growing up and taking up moreresponsibilities.We          82.must face our future   (勇敢).Whetherwe are ready or not,graduation   83.is coming near, So   important for USto treasure every minute of our       84.time.Tomake our dream come     ,let’stry our best.               85.Thanks for your attention!
第二节(共15小题,每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独自读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。6.Howwould the man like his coffee?A.Black.            B.White.                C.Blackor white.7.Whatkind of music does the woman probably like?A.Folkmusic.        B.Classicalmusic.         C.Countrymusic.听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。8.What’sthe conversation probably about?A.Exams.            B.Music.                C.Schoollife.9.What’sthe probable relationship between the two speakers?A.Classmates.         B.Bossand worker.        C.Teacherand student.10.Whatwas Allen good at in the school?A.Math.             B.Takingpictures.         C.Playingthe guitar.听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。11.Whatkind of car does the man want to buy?A.LincolnMS 560.     B.LincolnMF 558.        C.LincolnMF 650.12.Whatdoes the woman say about the second-hand car?A.It’sin good condition    B.It’sin poor condition.     C.It’sexpensive.13.Howmuch does the man have to pay if he wants to get the car?A.$3500.            B.$3015.                C.$3050.听第9段材料,回答第14至16题。14.Whoare the two speakers?A.Mikeand Kylie.     B.Ronand Kylie.          C.Ronand Mike.15.Whatare the speakers here for?A.Doingsome math work.B.Attendinga conference.C.Meetingan old friend.16.Whatmight be Kylie’s major field of study?A.Literature.         B.Physics.               C.Medicine.听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。17.Whenis the news broadcast?A.Inthe evening.      B.Atnoon.              C.Inthe morning.18.Whatis the first piece of news about?A.Anair crash.        B.Atalk.                C.Astrike.19.Whydid the workers go on strike?A.Forbetter working conditions.B.Forfewer working hours.C.Fora higher pay.20.Whatwill the weather be like towards late afternoon?A.Sunny              B.Cold.                 C.Rainy.第二部分  英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)第一节  单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。例:Itis generally considered unwise to give a child     he or she wants.A.however         B.whatever        C.whichever       D.whenever答案是B。21.Asfar as I know, some of the corn is from Argentina.Whatabout    ?A.another         B.others           C.theother         D.therest22.一Doyou think the room is big enough to     so many people?一Well.Iguess not.A.contain          B.carry           C.have           D.hold23.一Excuseme,butI wonder if Bill is free at 3 o’clock this afternoon.一I’mnot sure.Iam afraid he    Slumdog Millionaire.A.willwatch       B.willbe watching    C.isto watch        D.iswatching24.Themurder suspect couldn’t explain why his fingerprints were found on the     .A.scene           B.sight           C.view           D.scenery25.一CouldI get the passport in 20 days?一Itdepends.Anyway,you     have my answer tomorrow.A.could           B.must           C.shall           D.need26.     confidence in herself, she decided to giveup the project.A.Lost            B.Tolose          C.Havinglost      D.Havingbeen lost27.一Itis really hard for Nancy to accept the fact that Jason has passed away.一That’strue,butshe is supposed to     her sadness and start a new life as soon aspossible.A.putaway        B.workout        C.comeacross       D.getover28.Doyou know it was not until 1876     thetelephone was invented?A.when           B.that            C.since           D.before29.一Beingdefeated by Liverpool Club Was a    disappointment for Chelsea Club.一Iagree,butI do hope they won’t lose heart.A.worthy          B.firm            C.bitter           D.violent30.一Howwas your weekend,Joshua?一Awful!That was the first time I     alone at home,boredto death.A.hasleft          B.hadleft         C.hasbeen left       D.hadbeen left31.一Mum,mayI play tennis with Jack now?一Well,I’drather you    at home.A.stayed          B.stay            C.willstay         D.hadstayed32.Interms of English learning,youfocus more on vocabulary than on reading comprehension andI think that’s      you are mistaken.A.what           B.when           C.where           D.how33.Acrossthe River Cam     more than one bridge,theMathematical Bridge beside Queen’sCollege being the most famous one.A.lay             B.lie             C.lies            D.lied34.Iwill never forget the Hakka Earth Building    Ispent many happy hours there with myparents last summer.A.where          B.because         C.which          D.though35.一Peter,I owe you a thank-you for all your help.一A.Ifyou want it     B.Don’tmention it  C.That’sit           D.Gotit第二节  完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。I was eight or nineyears old.when1 wrote my first poem.At that time my fatherwas head of Paramount  36  .Mymother was involved in various intellectual projects.My mother read thelittle poem and began to  37  .“Buddy,you didn’t really write this beautiful,beautifulpoem!’’Istammered(结结巴巴地说)that I had.She  38 her praise.Why,this poem was nothing short of genius!‘'Whattime will Father be home?” I asked.Icould hardly wait to  39  him.Iadmired my father.Hehad begun his moving-picture career 40  a written.He could  41  this wonderful poem of mine evenmore than my mother.Ispent the best part of that afternoon 42  for his arrival.1wrote the poem out in my finest flourish(花体字).As seven o'clock drew near, I  43 placed it on my father’s plate on the dining-room table.The  44 my father came in,mymother began to tell him,“Ben,Buddyhas written his  first poem! Andit’s beautiful,absolutely  45  …”“Ifyou don’t mind,I’d like to decide for  46 .”Fathersaid.Ikept my face lowered to my plate as he read that poem.Itwas only ten lines.  47   it seemed to take hours.I  48  why it was taking so long.Nowcame the moment of  49  .“Ithink it’s lousy(差劲的),”he said.“Ben,”mymother was saying.“Heneeds  50  .Theseare the first lines of poetry a boy has  51 written.”“Idon’t know  52  .Isn’tthere enough lousy poetry in the world already?” My father53  hisground.Theyquarreled over it.Icouldn’t  54  it another second.Iran from the dining room crying.Upin my room I  55   myself on the bed and sobbed….Theconflicting words-wonderful…lousy…wonderful…lousy-liketwo opposing winds blowing against me,gaveme the confidence to go forward,todo and to become.36.A.Studios      B.University       C.Hospital         D.Company37.A.laugh       B.announce        C.cry            D.scold38.A.pouredout   B.droppedout     C.tookout         D.figuredout39.A.offer        B.show           C.read           D.trade40.A.with        B.by             C.for            D.as41.A.produce     B.shoot           C.appreciate       D.translate42·A.caring        B.preparing        C.calling          D.standing43.A.bravely      B.casually         C.immediately      D.confidently44.A.moment     B.evening         C.afternoon        D.night45.A.valueless     B.surprised        C.amazing         D.funny46.A.himself      B.herself          C.myself          D.yourself47.A.For         B.But            C.However        D.Otherwise48.A.knew       B.understood       C.wondered        D.planned49.A.explanation  B.examination      C.instruction       D.decision50.A.courage      B.encouragement   C.progress         D.improvement51.A.never       B.ever            C.even           D.still52.A.how        B.when           C.where          D.why53.A.broke       B.changed         C.had            D.held54.A.stand       B.watch           C.expect          D.refuse55.A.threw       B.put             C.pushed          D.found第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题,每题2分,满分40分)阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。ALastyear, I took a sightseeing trip to Washington.D.C.Isaw many of our unfortunate and homeless fellow citizens on the street.Standingoutside the Ronald Reagan Center,I heard a voice say, “Can you help me?’ When I turned around,Isaw an elderly blind woman with her hand extended.Immediately,I pulled out an of my loose change and placed it on her hand without evenlooking at her.Iwas annoyed at   beingbothered by a beggar.But the blind womansmiled and said,“I don’t want your money.Ijust need help find it the post office.”In an instant,Irealized what I had done.Iacted with prejudice--I judged another person simply for what I assumed she hadto be.I hated what I saw inmyself.Thisincident re-awakened my belief in humility(谦卑)Ilost for a moment.The thing I hadforgotten about myself is that I am an immigrant.Ileft Honduras and arrived in the U.S.at15.Istarted my new life with two suitcases,mybrother and sister, and strong,no。nonsensemother.Throughthe years,I have been a doorkeeper,roofer, cashier, mechanic and pizza delivery driver among many other humble(卑微的)jobs,andeventually became a network engineer.Inmy own life,I have experienced many openacts of prejudice.Iremember a time,at age 17-I was a busboy, and Iheard a father tell his little boy that if he did not do well in school,towould end up like me.SoI know what it’s like,and I should have known betterButnow,livingin my American middle-class lifestyle,itis too easy to forget my past,Iforget who I am,where I have been,andto lose sight of where I want to be going.Thatblind woman on the streets cured me of my self-induced(自我引发的)blindness.Shereminded me I my belief in humility and to always keep my eyes and heart open.Bythe way, I helped that lady to the post office.Ihope to thank her for the priceless lesson56.Howdid the writer give the blind woman money?A.Ina modest way.                   B.Ina polite way.C.Inan impatient way.                 D.Ina painful way.57.Accordingto the passage,the writerA.stilllives a poor life                  B.wasbusy with his workC.wasborn in Honduras                 D.wasa native of Washington D.C.58.Howmany jobs are clearly mentioned in the passage?A.4.            B.5.            C.6.             D.7.59.Whatwould be the best title of the passage?A.APriceless Lesson.                 B.AnAct of Prejudice.C.ASightseeing Trip.                  D.AHumble Moment.
 BIt is a typical case.Ayoung professional has just moved to a new city.Sheis very active in her new job but wishes to meet people socially outside ofwork.Howdoes she do this?Signing up for a nightclass is always a good starting point.Notonly is it an ideal way to  meetlike-minded people,it can also be a great newlearning experience.Pubsand clubs can be a good meeting place but call be a bit hard if you are on yourown.Join a gymGL-14health club in Manchester city centre is a gym which also has lots of memberactivities outside the gym from charity fashion shows to dinner dances givingmembers a chance  to socialize awayfrom the treadmill(跑步机).Orif you want a gym with a difference.trya ‘Green Gym’ for people who want to exercise but wish to be outdoors and doingsomething that will benefit the environment at the same time.The‘work out’ could involve such activities as  practical conservation or gardening work.It'sa great way to get people’s heart and muscle working.And many agree that meeting other people and having a matter and a laugh is abig attraction of the scheme.Reading groupsInthe Reading Groups,Jenny Hartley suggested thatthere may be as many as 50,000people in reading groups in the UK.Theyrange from informal groups of friends or colleagues who meet in someone’s homeor at the local pub,to discuss a book.Ifyou want something a bit more structured,lotsof libraries have reading groups and could have a broader group of members.StatisticsTheBBC recently conducted a survey called Going solo:singlelife in the 21 st century.YouCan look at the overall results or search by area.Itfound that:n  69%ofpeople thought that the gym was a good place to meet new peoplen  Pubs or clubs were consideredto be good meeting places by 58%ofpeople in the UKn  68%thoughtthat work was a good place to meet peoplen  72%thoughtthat internet chat was not an ideal way to meet people60.“GreenGym” in Paragraph 3 refers to an activity in which you can     .A.havenight classes with like-minded peopleB.dosomething good for the environment on your ownC.discussa book with other members at a pubD.benefitthe environment while doing outdoor exercise61.Whichof the following is a Green Gym activity?A.Gardeningwork.                  B.Chattingon the internet.C.Acharity fashion show.              D.Adinner dance away from the treadmill.62.What’sthe most popular place to meet new people outside of work?A.Pubsor clubs.   B.TheInternet.     C.Theworking place.D.Thegym.63.What’sthe writer’s attitude towards the suggestions given in the passage?A.Critical.        B.Objective.      C.Doubtful.       D.Indifferent.CLastweek Chinese warships departed on a 3-month mission to protect commercialvessels (ships)andcrews from pirate(海盗)attacks off Somalia.Thefleet,whichcontains two missile destroyers and a large supply ship,isarmed with special forces and helicopters.Themission also plans to share information with other countries working in thearea,militaryofficials said.Theoperation is China’s first major naval mission abroad.Thetwo missile destroyers Haikou and Wuhan are top-of-the-line Chinese navyvessels.Theysail at a speed of 30 knots.Onboard the destroyers,there are two helicopters,anti-aircraftmissiles and anti-vessel missiles.The destroyers can direct fire at a target 10 kilometers away.Onemajor issue for the ships is how they will resupply so far from home.Officialssaid it will mostly depend on the supply ship,butChina will also negotiate(谈判)withother countries in the area to allow the ships to resupply.Thoughthe purpose of the mission is to protect Chinese ships and crews,Chinahas called for stepped-up cooperation on anti-piracy efforts.Chinaannounced it was sending warships to the area after the UN Security Councilauthorized nations to conduct land and air attacks on pirate bases.Piracyhas taken an increasing toll oninternational shipping,especially in the Gulf of Aden,one of the world’s busiest sea-lanes.Pirateshave made an estimated $30 million hijacking(劫持)shipsthis year, seizing more than 40 vessels off Somalia’s 3.000 kmcoastline.TheChinese Navy has primarily focused on defending China’s coastline and,untilnow, limited operations abroad to port calls,goodwillvisits and exercises with other navies.64.Itcan be learned from the passage thatA.theChinese warships can resupply anywhereB.onlytwo missiles are carried on each destroyerC.thedestroyers can direct fire at a target 1 0 miles awayD.Haikouand Wuhan arethe most advanced Chinese warships65.Theunderlined word “toll” inParagraph 6 is closed in meaning toA.feeor fare   B.damageor lossC.soundof bell   D.chargefor a phone call66.Thepassage is most probably taken fromA.anewspaper  B.astory book   C.ahandbook  D.ascience bookDOpeninga car trunk or controlling a home air conditioner could become just a wish awaywith Honda’s new technology that connects thoughts inside a brain with robotics.HondaMotor Company has developed a way to read patterns of electric currents on aperson’s scalp(头皮) as well aschanges in cerebral(大脑的bloodflow when a person thinks about four simple movements -moving the right hand, moving the left hand, running and eating.Honda succeeded in analyzing such though patterns, and then relaying them aswireless commands for Asimo, its human-shaped robot.Ina video shown Tuesday at Tokyo headquarters, a person wearing a helmet satstill but thought about moving his right hand-athought that was picked up by thin wires attached to his head inside the helmet.After several seconds, Asimo, programmed to respond to brain signals, liftedits right arm.Hondasaid the technology wasn’t quiet ready for a live demonstration because ofpossible distractions(注意力分散) in the person’sthinking.Another problem is that brain patterns differ greatly among individuals, andso about two to three hours of studying themin advance are needed for the technology go work.The company, a leader in robotics, acknowledged the technology was still at abasic research stage with no immediate practical applications in the works.Researchon the brain is being done around the world, but Honda said its research wasamong the most advanced in figuring our a way to read brain patterns withouthaving to hurt the person.Hondahas made robotics a centerpiece of its image, sending Asimo to events andstarring the waling , talking robot in TV ads.Among the challenges for the brain technology is to make the reading-devicesmaller so it can be portable, according to Honda.Araididn’t rule out the possibility of a car that may some day drive itself-evenwithout a steering wheel.“Our products are for people to use.It is important for us to understand human behavior.”hesaid, “We think this is the final goal in making machines move.”67.Asimois a robot thatA.speakslike a human beingB.issimilar to a human being in appearanceC.canthink about four simple movementsD.canread brain patterns with a person hurt68.Whatdoes the underlined word “them”In Paragraph 4 refer to ?A.Individuals  B.Distractions  C.Brainpatterns  D.Wirelesscommands69.Fromthe last paragraph, we know thatA.carswithout a steering wheel have been put to useB.carswithout a steering wheel might come into being one dayC.Hondahas made robotics a centerpiece of its imageD.thefinal goal is to make the reading-device as small as possible70.Thepassage is mainly aboutA.theintroduction to Honda’s new robot-AsimoB.thebrain technology in Honda’s Motor CompanyC.theway to open a car trunk with Honda’s technologyD.Honda’stechnology to operate robots with human thoughts.EGrantWood’s American Gothic caused a stir(轰动)in1930 when it was exhibited for the first time at the Art Institute of Chicagoand awarded a prize of 300 dollars.Newspapers across the country carried the story, and the painting of a farmerand younger woman posed before a white house brought the artist instant fame.In1930 , Grant Wood, an American painter with European training, noticed a smallwhite house built in the small southern Iowa town of Eldon.Wood was so fascinated by it that he decided to paint the house along with thekind of people he thought should live in that house.Inthe painting,the farmer is modeled on hisdentist,Dr.ByronMcKeeby.Hisyounger sister Nan served as a model for the woman(imaginedto be the farmer’s wife or daughter).Woodwanted to give a description of the traditional roles of men and women as theman is holding a pitchfork symbolizing hard labor.Eachelement was painted separately;themodels sat separately and never stood in front of the house.TheGothic style of the house inspired the painting’s title.American Gothicremains one of the most famous paintings in the history of American art.Thepainting has become part of American popular culture.Somebelieve that Wood used it to satirize(讽刺)thenarrow-mindedness that has been said to characterize Midwestern culture.Thepainting may also be read as a praise of the moral virtue of rural America oreven as a mixture of praise and satire.American Gothicis one of the few images to reach the status of cultural symbol,alongwith Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.71.Whichof the following is true about American Gothic?A.Itwon a prize of£300 .B.Thetwo characters in it posed before the White House.C.Itwas the first painting by Grant Wood.D.Itwas on show at the Art Institute of Chicago in 1 930.72.Fromthe passage we can infer Iowa is in     .A.thesouthern town of Eldon             B.theMidwest of the United StatesC.aEuropean country                   D.thecity of Chicago73.GrantWood chose the two models      .A.todescribe traditional roles of men and womenB.topraise the moral virtue of rural AmericaC.tomake his dentist and his sister famousD.tocarry the story across the country74.Thetitle of the painting is based on     .A.thename of a small town              B.theman and the womanC.theGothic style of the house             D.thepitchfork symbolizing hard labor75.Thepurpose of this article is to     .A.sellan oil painting    B.introducean Oil paintingC.showoff the painting skill  D.satirizethe narrow-mindedness of the time第二卷(非选择题  共35分)
做题时,先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。例:Howmuch is the shirt?A.£19.15.      B.£9.15.       C.£9.18.答案是B1.Whose English dictionaryis the cheapest?A.The man’s.         B.The woman’s.           C.Catherine’s.2.What do we know aboutTom?A.Tom is taking photos.  B.Tomhas many cameras.   C.Tomis crazy.3.Whichof the following is not included in the packed lunch?A.Drinks.            B.Cake.                C.Fruit.4.Whereis the common room?A.Oppositethe kitchen.  B.Atthe end of the corridor.  C.NearYellowstone Park.5.Whendid the man leave for Beijing?A.9:50.            B.10:30.               C.10:45.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 whom it may concern 的文章

随机推荐