乔布斯在美国里德学院院学的什么专业

《名人传记》之乔布斯一代创意天才2:入读里德学院_《名人传记》史蒂夫·乔布斯_VOA英语网
《名人传记》之乔布斯一代创意天才2:入读里德学院
发表时间:内容来源:
Redse came from a troubled family, and Jobs shared with her his own pain about being put up for adoption. &We were both wounded from our childhood,& Redse recalled. &He said to me that we were misfits, which is why we belonged together.& They were physically passionate and prone to public d their make-out sessions in the NeXT lobby are well remembered by employees. So too were their fights, which occurred at movie theaters and in front of visitors to Woodside. Yet he constantly praised her purity and naturalness. As the well-grounded Joanna Hoffman pointed out when discussing Jobs&s infatuation with the otherworldly Redse, &Steve had a tendency to look at vulnerabilities and neuroses and turn them into spiritual attributes.&
莱德斯来自一个问题家庭,乔布斯跟她分享自己被领养的痛苦。&我们都在童年受到伤害,&莱德斯回忆说,&他对说,我们都生错了地方,正因如此我们才属于对方。&他们充满激情,也喜欢公开表现他们的感情;他们在NeXT大堂亲热的场景,很多雇员都记忆犹新。他们吵架也同样公开,在电影院,在伍德赛德的访客面前,都曾发生过。然而他常常称赞她的纯洁和自然。他还赋予她各种各样的精神特质。我们后来讨论乔布斯对超凡脱俗的莱德斯的痴迷时,就像直言不讳的乔安娜&霍夫曼所说的那样,&乔布斯会把柔弱和多愁善感当做一种气质。&
When he was being eased out at Apple in 1985, Redse traveled with him in Europe, where he was salving his wounds. Standing on a bridge over the Seine one evening, they bandied about the idea, more romantic than serious, of just staying in France, maybe settling down, perhaps indefinitely. Redse was eager, but Jobs didn&t want to. He was burned but still ambitious. &I am a reflection of what I do,& he told her. She recalled their Paris moment in a poignant email she sent to him twenty-five years later, after they had gone their separate ways but retained their spiritual connection:
当乔布斯1985年被排挤出苹果时,莱德斯跟他去欧洲旅行,陪他在那里疗伤。某晚,在塞纳河的一座桥上,他们浪漫多于严肃地争论着一个想法:留在法国,也许永久地定居在那儿。莱德斯很渴望那样,但是乔布斯不想。他很受挫但依然野心勃勃。&我做的正是我想做的。&他告诉她。他们后来分开了,却一直保持着精神交流,25年之后,她在给他的一封令人心酸的邮件中追忆了在巴黎的那一幕。
We were on a bridge in Paris in the summer of 1985. It was overcast. We leaned against the smooth stone rail and stared at the green water rolling on below. Your world had cleaved and then it paused, waiting to rearrange itself around whatever you chose next. I wanted to run away from what had come before. I tried to convince you to begin a new life with me in Paris, to shed our former selves and let something else course through us. I wanted us to crawl through that black chasm of your broken world and emerge, anonymous and new, in simple lives where I could cook you simple dinners and we could be together every day, like children playing a sweet game with no purpose save the game itself. I like to think you considered it before you laughed and said &What could I do? I&ve made myself unemployable.& I like to think that in that moment&s hesitation before our bold futures reclaimed us, we lived that simple life together all the way into our peaceful old ages, with a brood of grandchildren around us on a farm in the south of France, quietly going about our days, warm and complete like loaves of fresh bread, our small world filled with the aroma of patience and familiarity.
1985年夏,我们在巴黎的一座桥上。阴天。我们倚在光滑的石栏上,看着绿色的水从桥下流过。你的世界破裂了,停滞了,等着你选择方向再重新安排。我想逃离过去遇到的一切。我试图说服你跟我一起在巴黎开始新的生活,抛下我们过去的自我,体验别样的人生。我希望我们可以穿越你那破碎的世界黑暗的深渊,走出来,隐姓埋名,重新开始,过简单的生活,我为你做晚餐,我们可以每天厮守,就像孩子玩一个美妙的游戏,没有任何目的,只为了游戏本身的快乐。我多希望你能先想一想再大笑着说,&我能干什么呢?我已经把自己槁得没人敢用了。&我多希望在我们被冷酷的未来俘虏之前,在那一刻的犹豫不决中,我们选择了一直过那种简单的生活直到我们平静的晚年,在法国南部的一个农场,儿孙铙膝,尽享天伦,日子像新鲜出炉的面包那么温暖充实,我们小小的世界里弥漫着耐心和熟悉的芳香。
The relationship lurched up and down for five years. Redse hated living in his sparsely furnished Woodside house. Jobs had hired a hip young couple, who had once worked at Chez Panisse, as housekeepers and vegetarian cooks, and they made her feel like an interloper. She would occasionally move out to an apartment of her own in Palo Alto, especially after one of her torrential arguments with Jobs. &Neglect is a form of abuse,& she once scrawled on the wall of the hallway to their bedroom. She was entranced by him, but she was also baffled by how uncaring he could be. She would later recall how incredibly painful it was to be in love with someone so self-centered. Caring deeply about someone who seemed incapable of caring was a particular kind of hell that she wouldn&t wish on anyone, she said.
这段恋情起起伏伏持续了5年。莱德斯讨厌住在他简陋的伍德赛德房子里。乔布斯聘请了一对曾在潘足斯之家餐厅(ChezPanisse)工作的时髦的年轻夫妇担任管家和素食厨师,而他们让她感觉自己像个外人。她有时会搬出来到她自己在帕洛奥图的公寓居住,尤其是在她跟乔布斯的一次大吵之后。她曾在通向他们卧室的走廊墙壁上写道:&忽视是一种虐待。&她为他着迷,可是也因为缺少他的关心而困扰。她后来回忆,爱上一个如此以自我为中心的人,那种痛苦令人难以置信。深深地关心一个似乎没有能力关心别人的人,那是某种地狱般的感觉,她不愿任何人去体验。
They were different in so many ways. &On the spectrum of cruel to kind, they are close to the opposite poles,& Hertzfeld later said. Redse&s kindness was manifest in
she always gave money to street people, she volunteered to help those who (like her father) were afflicted with mental illness, and she took care to make Lisa and even Chrisann feel comfortable with her. More than anyone, she helped persuade Jobs to spend more time with Lisa. But she lacked Jobs&s ambition and drive. The ethereal quality that made her seem so spiritual to Jobs also made it hard for them to stay on the same wavelength. &Their relationship was incredibly tempestuous,& said Hertzfeld. &Because of both of their characters, they would have lots and lots of fights.&
他们的不同体现在很多方面。&在从残忍到仁慈的坐标轴上,他们分别接近相反的两极。&赫茨菲尔德后来说。莱德斯的仁慈体现在从大到小很多方面:她总是给街上的流浪汉钱,她做义工去帮助那些(像她爸爸一样)患精神疾病的人,她努力让丽萨甚至克里斯安跟她在一起都感觉很舒服。她比其他任何人都更多地说服乔布斯要多陪伴丽萨。但是她没有乔布斯那样的野心或进取心。这种让她在乔布斯眼里与众不同的不食人间烟火的特质,也使他们很难保持在同一频段上。&他们的关系充满了风暴,&赫茨菲尔德说,&由于他们的个性,他们会有很多很多争吵。&
来自: 文章地址:
Latest News全国咨询热线&&&8:00~24:00
您身边的启德留学
您身边的启德留学
您身边的启德留学
您身边的启德留学
您身边的启德留学
您身边的考试培训中心
加拿大高中学分课程
美国高中学分课程
美国大学学分课程
您的位置: >
拒绝排名,乔布斯的母校:盛产博士又傲娇的里德学院
拒绝排名,乔布斯的母校:盛产博士又傲娇的里德学院
【导读】 里德学院(Reed College)成立于1908年,坐落于俄勒冈州波特兰市,是一所私立的自主的文理学院,也是苹果公司前CEO乔布斯的母校。这所严肃又傲娇的学校可是拒绝了US NEWS的大学排名呢!
字体大小选择A-A+
里德学院(Reed College)成立于1908年,坐落于俄勒冈州波特兰市,是一所私立的自主的文理学院,也是苹果公司前CEO乔布斯的母校。里德学院以严肃的人文学科和自然科学学科的教育闻名。上世纪90年代,里德学院一直保持着文理学院Top10的顶尖排名。但是,里德学院十分反感US News通过校友捐款数额、学生SAT成绩和录取率等来衡量学校排名,质疑部分院校操纵数据,以提高自身排名。在1995年,里德学院宣布将不再为US News提供参考数据,也就是拒绝参与US News大学排名,成为历史上第一家不参与US News排名的大学。对此怀恨在心的US News人为降低了里德学院的排名,里德学院的排名从Top10直线下降到Top100.但事实上里德学院无论是人文还是科学教育认可度都非常高,毕业生获得博士学位的比例更是出奇的高。耶鲁大学社会学家巴顿克拉克称其为美国高等学府中最独特的学院之一。它规定大一新生必须学习一年的人文课程,此课程涵盖了古希腊、罗马、圣经和古代犹太人历史等方面。此外,里德学院还是美国文理学院中唯一一所拥有用于科学研究项目的核反应堆且大多由学生自主管理的学院。小班教学、小组讨论式教学是该校的一大特点。里德学院设置的小班课规模在14人左右,注重课堂参与,学生和教师的交流机会多,论文指导也是一对一交流。里德学院的学术要求非常高,学生只有在大三结束时通过资格考试才能开始写毕业论文。论文答辩不仅涉及研究课题,还会涉及所学过的任何课程。作为一所非常有个性的高校,在招生中,除了学术成果,推荐信和考试成绩,学校还看重学生的性格特点,以免出现学生和学校风格不合拍的现象。难怪在这里能出现像乔布斯这样的怪杰天才。(编者:简露)欢迎访问启德留学 欢迎咨询启德教育 &&&&免费获取留学规划方案,您可以通过以下3种方式联络我们:&1、欢迎致电启德教育客户服务中心400-;&2、欢迎
进行网络咨询;&3、填写表单,我们会在1-3天内为您提供专业的服务。
启德教育网版与免责声明:
1、本网转载其他媒体稿件是为传播更多的信息,此类稿件不代表本网观点,本网不承担此类稿件侵权行为的连带责任。
2、在本网上发表言论者,文责自负。
3、本站原创文章,欢迎转载,但转载时必须标明 “来源:启德教育(www.)”
免费领取第38届教育展参展门票9.23-11.25,百所海外名校现场招生
请选择城市
精彩活动推荐
关注启德教育
启德教育官方微信订阅号 - 关注启德留学,掌握一手留学资讯
手机请直接输入:如1860086xxxx
座机前加区号:如xxxx