what iscare for our earthh like now

扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
A report has recently been published about what the earth might be like 20 years or so from now on. The report is a result of a three-year & 46& .
According to the report
the picture of the earth in the year 2020 is not a & 47& one. The world will be more & 48& because the population will continue to grow. The population could be & 49& 9 000 million
almost 3 000 million more than that in 2009. More people would move into cities
especially cities in & 50& countries. Cities in India and Thailand probably would & 51& have a population of 20 million by then.
Food production will & 52&
but not enough to feed all the people. Farmers will grow 90% more food than they did in 2009
& 53& most of the increase would be in countries that & 54& produce enough food for their people. Little increase is & 55&in South Asia
Africa or the Middle East. Poor farming ways are& 56& large areas of cropland
changing farms into deserts. More farmland is & 57& as cities become larger and more houses are built. & 58& will get worse as developed countries burn more coal and oil. Many of the world’s & 59& could disappear as more and more trees are cut down. Energy will continue to be a serious problem. The experts say their & 60& &of the earth for the year 2020 may be wrong. They only
&&61& &the situation as it is today. By changing the situation
by & 62& the problems
the picture can be changed. There is & 63& time for the nations of the world to & 64&a plan of action. But they considered that& 65& too long to make a decision would greatly reduce the chances of success
A.learning
B.instruction
2.A.pleased&&& B.pleasant&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.safe&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.blue
A.dangerous
B.beautiful
C.crowded
D.terrible
A.no more than
B.as many as
C.so much as
D.as large as
A.developing
B.developed
D.mountainous
D.neither
C.increase
D.continue
D.however
A.already
D.expected
A.destroying
B.protecting
C.bothering
D.interrupting
C.discovered
A.Air pollution
B.Water pollution
C.Some diseases
D.All farmland
A.animals
C.forests
B.picture
D.environment
A.stopped
B.continued
C.exchanged
D.prevented
A.solving
B.working
C.answering
D.dealing
D.lots of
A.give up
D.get off
A.visiting
B.suggesting
C.spending
D.waiting
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
1.D 名词辨析。A学习;B说明;C通知;D研究;这个报告是三年研究结果。
2.B 形容词辨析。A感到高兴的;B令人高兴的;2020年的地球不是一个让人高兴的地球。
3.C上下文串联。根据下文India and Thailand to grow说明人口增加,地球变拥挤。
4..D 固定搭配。用large修饰population。故D正确。
5.A 上下文串联。根据下文India and Thailand,说明是指在发展中国家的城市。
6.B 代词辨析。本题使用each强调印度和泰国的每个城市都有2千万的人口。
7.C 上下文串联。根据下文可知尽管粮食产量在增加,但是仍然不够。
8.B 上下文串联。虽然世界粮食产量增加了,但是都是在那些已经生产出足够粮食的国家。
9..A 副词辨析。A已经;B几乎不;C部分;D从未;句意同53解释。
10.D 动词辨析。A想B缺少C发现D预料;很少有粮食的增加被预料发生在缺粮的国家。
11.A 动词辨析。A毁坏B保护C麻烦D打断;落后的农业生产方式破坏了很多的耕地。
12.B 动词辨析。A救B失去C发现D使用;城市变大和房子被建,导致我们失去了耕地。
13.A 上下文串联。根据下文burn more coal and oil说明产生的是空气污染。
14.C 上下文串联。根据trees are cut down说明因为树木被砍到,森林消失了。
15..B 上下文串联。根据第二段第一行the picture of the earth说明B正确。
16.B 动词辨析。A停止B继续C交换D阻止;指那些专家只是在继续那些破坏行为。
17.A 动词辨析。A解决B工作C回答D处理;通过解决这些问题,情况就会改变。
18.B 副词辨析。A不B仍然C少于D很多;指仍然有时间让人们来制定计划来解决问题。
19..C 固定搭配。Make a plan of…制定…的计划。
20.D 动词辨析。A参观B建议C度过D等待;他们认为等待太久的时间会减少成功的机会。
考点:考查了新闻报告类短文。
点评:本文讲述了一个关于世界人口和粮食分布情况的短文。文章设空合理,考查全面,要求考生在上下文的语境中灵活运用语义,需要根据文章情节,了解词汇用法的同时,结合语境,做出准确的判断。
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码People often say that the earth is like our mother. She gives life to all the living things on the earth and provides us with air, food, water and other essential things we need for living. Once she w 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
People often say that the earth is like our mother. She gives life to all the living things on the earth and provides us with air, food, water and other essential things we need for living. Once she was beautiful and rich, but now she becomes dirtier and dirtier, poorer and poorer. It is due to what we have done to her. Please have a good look at her: polluted rivers and lakes, growing deserts, the destruction of the forests and wild life, and the depletion (消耗,用尽) of the ozone layer (臭氧层)...Can she bear to see her children putting the waste here and there? Can she bear to see her children cutting down the trees and destroying the grassland, to see the acid rain destroying everything? Can we bear to see our mother suffering (受苦) so much? Isn’t it time for us to ask ourselves whether this is the way to treat our mother?Floods, droughts, acid rain..., these are the punishments (惩罚) from nature. Everyone should know that there is only one earth. If we go on treating her like this, it won’t be fit for us to live in any longer. It’s time for us to love her, take good care of her and cure her. We should save the earth so as to save ourselves.小题1: What does the earth look like now?A.It has clean rivers, lakes and green forests.B.It is like a beautiful girl.C.It is more beautiful and richer.D.It is dirtier and dirtier, poorer and poorer.小题2: What is the meaning of the underlined word?A.KnowB.StandC.ImagineD.Hear小题3: What is the best title of the passage?A.The earth—our mother.B.Defenders of the Earth (地球卫士).C.The earth is very beautiful and healthy.D.The water on the earth is very clean.
小题1:D小题1:B小题1:A小题1:根据第二段Once she was beautiful and rich, but now she becomes dirtier and dirtier, poorer and poorer.,联系上文可知she指的是地球,故选D.小题1:联系上下文,可知这个单词是忍受的含义,故选B,忍受.小题1:这篇短文主要描述了现在地球变得越来越脏,越来越穷的问题,好找大家保护地球.故选A,地球——我们的母亲。
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Sometimes, even the best friends have fights. They disagree with each other and begin to argue. Sometimes, they even stop talking to each other. What can be done to help the two friends make up? Finding a good friend who knows both of them very well to be a peacemaker is a good way. Maybe one day you will be a peacemaker for your good friends. Here are some useful communication strategies for you to use. State your feelings clearly but don’t criticize them. Begin with “I feel” instead of “You always…”.Don’t stop or finish the other person’s sentences.Listen carefully to what the other person is saying. Try to see the other person’s side of the disagreement.Look the other person in the eyes when you are talking.Ask questions to make sure that you understand them.Repeat the other person’s ideas as you understand them.Never put anyone down. Saying things like “You’re stupid” makes communication difficult.Try to find a solution that makes the two friends happy. Never decide who is right and who is wrong. Instead, help them to find their own “win-win” solution. A “win-win” solution allows each of them to feel good. In this way, their friendship can be continued.小题1:Which of the following is the suitable language for a peacemaker?A.“I feel …”B.“You always…”C.“You are stupid.”D.“You are wrong.”小题2:How should the peacemaker behave when talking with the two friends?A.Stop the other person’s sentences in time.B.Repeat his own ideas to make himself understood.C.Listen to the other person carefully and ask some questions.D.Don’t look at the other when you are talking.小题3:What does the phrase “put anyone down” mean in the article?A.令人失望B.提醒人C.把人放下D.羞辱人小题4:How do you understand a “win-win” solution?A.It is a way that helps make new friends.B.It is a way that makes both people pleased.C.It is a way that tells who is right and who is wrong.D.It is a way to understand a person.
题型:完形填空
A new term has begun. Teachers are &&36 &&about the fact that new students are not easy to handle. They like to bring cellphones and MP3 players to school. What is &&37&&,some students even use cellphones to do with out-of-class matters in class,or sometimes just for fun. Some other students listen to MP3 players when they are having a lesson that they are not interested in. Are these new students really that&&&38&&? ’Yes,’ says Delaney Kirk,a professor at Drake University.&&39&&she adds it’s not their fault. Instead, the things that they bring into school---cellphones,MP3 players and so on --- and the teachers are to blame. Kirk first began thinking about students’ manners six years ago. ‘I had my first class in which students were sleeping or talking to each other. It seemed that learning well &&40&&nothing to do with them,’ she says. ’At first,I got worried about this,but then I said to myself, "You’re teaching&&41&,and you need to &manage this…These students need to know more about manners. It’s time to help them develop some good &&&42&&. They shouldn’t waste time doing nothing when they are young. Sooner or later,they might regret the time they have wasted."’ Kirk also &&&43&&&a list of suggestions to help teachers better manage their classes. The following are among her suggestions:●& Tell students how they will benefit by taking the class. On the first day of class,emphasize its importance &&&44 &&giving some homework that students must turn in next time.●& Do not allow them to bring cellphones and MP3 players to the class at all.■& Decide& 45&&formal and informal the class will be.小题1:A.excitedB.worriedC.surprisedD.interested小题2:A.badB.worseC.goodD.better小题3:A.rudeB.politeC.friendlyD.curious小题4:A.ButB.HoweverC.AndD.Therefore小题5:A.learnedB.didC.hadD.shared小题6:A.managementB.EnglishC.ChineseD.lessons小题7:A.ideasB.speechesC.habitsD.classes小题8:A.makesB.bringsC.getsD.takes小题9:A.OfB.onC.atD.by小题10:A.whatB.howC.whichD.Why
My name is Li Li. I’m eleven. I’m from China. My mum and dad work in a big factory. They go to work every day but rest two days. I have a sister. We look like each other very much and we like to help each other. She is a middle school student and comes home in the afternoon. Everyone in my family likes to look after me.My sister and I are in the same school. I’m a good student in my class. There are forty-two students in our class, twenty boys and twenty-two girls. We have our lessons from eight o’clock in the morning to four o’clock in the afternoon. My teacher of English, Miss. Green is from England. She is a good teacher. We go to school from Monday to Friday .We have five English classes a week. Now we can say a hundred words, and play games in English. We like English. We like our English teacher.小题1:Li Li’s family has &&&&&people.&A.threeB.fourC.sixD.five小题2:Li Li’s father and mother work &&&&&&a week.A.seven daysB.five daysC.six daysD.four days小题3:Li Li’s English teacher is &&&&&&A.an AmericanB.a JapaneseC.an English womanD.a Chinese小题4:Li Li’s sister is &&&&&&&A.a good teacherB.a nice girlC.a bad studentD.a good worker小题5:We have &&&&&a day.A.one English classB.six English classesC.no English classD.five English classes
阅读下面短文,简要回答所给问题。The first telephone cards, produced in 1976, were Italian. Five years later the first British card appeared, and now you can buy cards in more than a hundred countries. People usually start collecting cards because they are small and light and you do not need much space for them. It is also a cheap hobby for beginners, although for some people it becomes a serious business. In Paris, for example, there is a market where you can only buy telephone cards, and some cards cost up to £4,000. The first Japanese card has a value of about £28,000. Most people only see cards with prices like these in their collectors’ magazine. 小题1:When were the first Italian telephone cards produced?& _________________________________________________小题2:How many countries can produce telephone cards now?& _________________________________________________小题3:Where can we find a market to buy telephone cards? _________________________________________________小题4:What is the price of the first Japanese telephone card? _________________________________________________小题5:In which magazine do most people see cards with prices? _________________________________________________
The bicycle is one of the simplest yet most useful inventions in the world. What is most surprising is that it was not ___1__ earlier, although the great inventor Leonardo Da Vinci had drawn pictures for bicycles and also for flying machines and some other things. Those things were not produced___2___ long after he died.  A person riding a bicycle uses ___3___ energy to make the bicycle move, and there is no pollution at all when you are riding. Even so, in developed ____4___, most people don’t travel to work by bicycle. It is not because the bicycles are expensive or people feel___5____ if they ride to work. It’s because __6___ cars on the roads becomes larger. It certainly becomes ___7___ to ride a bicycle. As a result, more people put their bicycles away and go to work ___8___ their cars , and in this way, the situation is made more serious.___9___ the best way to make riding safer and more popular is to create paths (开设通道) only for bicycles, and to make ___10___ so difficult and expensive for drivers to take their cars into the city that they will go back to use their bicycles. 小题1:A.invent B.inventing C.invented D.to invent小题2:A.before B.when C.since D.until小题3:A.much B.quite a lot of C.very little D.many小题4:A.world B.countries C.land D.earth小题5:A.lucky B.glad C.sorry D.tired小题6:A.the number of B.a number ofC.this kind ofD.all kinds of小题7:A.safer B.more dangerousC.much dangerous D.safe小题8:A.by B.in C.use D.drive小题9:A.Hardly B.May be C.Perhaps D.Nearly小题10:A.it B.them C.us D.that
Young people are often unhappy when they are with their parents. They say that their parents don’t understand them. They often think their parents are too strict& 41& them.Parents often find& 42 difficult to win their children’s trust and they seem to& 43&how they themselves felt when they were young. For example, young people like to do things without much &44 . It’s one of their ways to show that they grow up and they can& 45&any difficult problems. Older people worry more easily. Most of them plan things ahead and don’t like their plans to be changed. So when you want your parents to let you do& 46 , you will have better success if you ask& before you really start doing it.Young people often make their parents angry by clothes they wear, the music they enjoy and something& 47 . But they don’t mean to cause any trouble. They just feel that& 48&this way they can be cut off from the old people’s world and they want to make a new culture of their own. And if their parents don’t like their music or clothes or their way of speech, the young people feel very sad. Sometimes instead of going out with their parents, they just want to stay at home& 49&and do what they like.If you plan to do something, you’d better win your parents over and get them to understand you. 50 , your parents will certainly let you do what you want to do.小题1:A.onB.withC.inD.to小题2:A.itB.thisC.thatD.one小题3:A.forgetsB.rememberC.forgetD.remembers小题4:A.thinkingB.speakingC.readingD.saying小题5:A.knowB.findC.find outD.solve小题6:A.anythingB.nothingC.somethingD.everything小题7:A.elseB.oneC.oldD.more小题8:A.byB.throughC.inD.over小题9:A.sadlyB.aloneC.lonely D.sad小题10:A.If notB.OrC.If soD.However
&&& Plants are very important. This is because plants can make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals and man cannot make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals can get their food by eating plants and other animals. Man gets his food by eating plants and animals, too. So animals and man need plants to live. This is why there are so many plants around us.There are two kinds of plants: flowering plants and non-flowering(无花) plants. Almost all the trees around us are flowers and fruit. Non-flowering plants don’t grow flowers. You can’t see many non-flowering plants around you.If you look carefully at the plants around you, you’ll find that there are many kinds of plants. Some plants are very big and some very small. Most of them are green. We can live on the earth because of the plants around us.小题1:Which of the following is the most important according to the passage?A.Man.B.Plants.C.Animals.D.Air, water, and sunlight.小题2: We need many plants around us because _______ .A.plants can grow easilyB.plants are greenC.we can get what we need from plantsD.we like all kinds of plants小题3:There are ______ non-flowering plants than flowering plants around us.A.much fewerB.much moreC.much largerD.much better小题4:Which of the following doesn’t come from a plant?A.Basket.B.Bread.C.Cabbage.D.Stone Forest小题5:The best title(标题)for this passage may be _________ .A.Food from PlantsB.Plants Make FoodC.Man and AnimalsD.Plants around us
Take a class at Dulangkou School, and you’ll see lots of things different from other schools, You can see the desks are not in rows(排)and students sit in groups. They put their desks together so they’re facing each other. How can they see the blackboard? There are three blackboards on the three walls of the classroom!The school calls the new way of learning “Tuantuanzuo”, meaning sitting in groups. Wei Liying, a Junior 3 teacher, said it was to give students more chances to communicate.Each group has five or six students, according to Wei, and they play different roles(角色).There is a team leader who takes care of the whole group. There is a “study leader”who makes sure that everyone finishes their homework. And there is a discipline(纪律)leader who makes sure that nobody chats in class.Wang Lin is a team leader. The 15-year-old said that having to deal with so many things was tiring.“I just looked after my own business before,”said Wang. “But now I have to think about my five group members.”But Wang has got used to it and can see the benefits(好处)now.“I used to speak too little. But being a team leader means you have to talk a lot. You could even call me an excellent speaker today.”Zhang Qi, 16, was weak in English. She used to get about 70 in English tests. But in a recent test, Zhang got a grade of more than 80.“I rarely(很少) asked others when I had problems with my English tests. But now I can ask the team leader or study leader. They are really helpful.”小题1:What makes Dulangkou School different from others? &&&&&&&&&A. The students desks are in rows.&&B. Students sit and study in groups.C. There are three blackboards in the classroom.&D. Both B and C.小题2:A discipline leader is supposed to&&&&&&&&&&.A.take care of the whole groupB.make sure that everybody finishes homeworkC.make sure that nobody chats in classD.collect all the homework and hand it in to teachers小题3:The new way of learning is said to give students more chances to&&&&&&&&&&.A.chat with each otherB.listen to the teacher C.make friendsD.communicate小题4:We can see from the story that some students &&&&&&this new way of learning.A.get benefits fromB.are tired ofC.cannot get used toD.hate小题5:How many leaders are there in one group?A.Three.B.Four.C.Two.D.Five or six.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 ourlittle earth 的文章

随机推荐