look! it is ……(eat)theeat no fishh

【英语故事】The Mousetrap
One day a man put a fish on a mousetrap to catch a rat.The cat saw the fish and came out to eat it.
A cat was in the room,too.He saw the rat and wanted to eat it.
&Don't eat me,&said the rat to the cat,&You like fish.I have a nice fish for you.Look,there it is.&
So the cat walked over the mousetrap.He tried to eat the fish,but got his paw stuck in the mousetrap.
一天,有人在捕鼠器上放了一条鱼来捉老鼠。猫看见了那条鱼,就出来吃了。
房间里也有一只猫。他看见老鼠想要吃掉它。
“别吃我,”老鼠对猫说,“你喜欢吃鱼。”我有一条很好的鱼给你。看,就是这个。”
于是猫走过捕鼠器。他试着吃鱼,但爪子夹在捕鼠器里拔不出来了。
mouse [ma?s]:老鼠,鼠标
trap [traep]:陷阱
mousetrap ['ma?straep]:老鼠夹
rat [raet]:耗子
paw [p?]:爪子,手
stuck [st?k]:被卡住的
大家还在听
粤网文[8号 粤ICP备号-5
增值电信业务经营许可证 粤B2-
穗公网安备05号
荔枝全国公开举报电话:8
举报邮箱:
广州荔支网络技术有限公司 & All Rights Reserved.
本平台为信息网络存储空间网络服务平台正确教育旗下网站
网校:13343所
24小时更新:3574
总量:6783455

英语北师大版必修模块3 Unit 7 The sea Lesson 26 Protecting the Sea课件
英语北师大版必修模块3 Unit 7 The sea Lesson 26 Protecting the Sea课件
时间: 10:28:25
下载量:5167次
大小:2.14M
所属资料:无
文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
在手机端浏览文档
1/302/303/304/305/306/30
预览已结束,查看更多内容需下载哦~
&#xe6热门推荐
&#xe6相关资源
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号
在手机端浏览UsernamePasswordSign inSign in
Oh no! We're having trouble displaying this Scratch project.
If you are on a mobile phone or tablet, try visiting this project on a computer.
If you're on a computer, your Flash player might be disabled, missing, or out of date. Visit
to update Flash.
Use the arrow keys to move eat the small fish. Do be eaten by the shark.
HHHHHAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEE FUN!!
Notes and Credits
It is not perfect let me know in the comments for tips and ideas thanks.
Look for bugs and glitches.
Favorite this project
Love this project
Total views
View the remix tree
This project can be opened in Scratch 1.4 or 2.0
Download code
This project was edited in 2.0 so you need 2.0 to open it
(dialog appears on the stage)
Download 1.4 Project
More projects by BOB_THE_FISH_808
&nbsp&nbsp
Please enter the text below:
Add your ideas! You could try:
drawing a new costume
changing the scripts
creating a new sprite您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
七年级英语下 unit 6 welcome to the unit课件3牛津版.ppt 47页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
七年级英语下 unit 6 welcome to the unit课件3牛津版
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
Hear We often 观看他们打篮球. Can you see 一些鱼在水中游来游去. Did you hear someone 在隔壁唱歌 just now. On my way home I saw a wallet 躺在地上. I like to watch the fish 游来游去.
I saw some boys
football near my home when I came back. I heard someone
into the next room a moment ago. On her way home she saw the fire
. Five minutes ago I saw a boy
into the river. play cry happen fall
1.你应当更有礼貌些. You should be more polite. 2. 我喜欢金鱼是因为我喜欢看着它四处游动. I like my goldfish because I like watching it swims around. 3. 我应当把我的小狗带来. I should bring my dog here. 4. 教鹦鹉说“你好”并不困难。 It’s not different to teach the parrot to say “Hello”? feather tail wing my parrot a b c my cat
tail paw a b b a It’s very important for fish, because fish use it to swim.
tail fin Fish use this part to control their directions. Complete the sentences I keep a parrot as my p
. It has blue and yellow f
are wide and it can fly high with them in the sky. I often f
carrot to the r
. Look! The cat has only 3 p
and a short t
. How strange it is! My dog likes c
balls. The f
of fish help them swim. et ur ings eed abbit aws ail hasing ins Miller’s cat likes sleeping on her l
. I like my cat because it can c
mice. The white mouse is so small that I can h
it in my hand. ap atch ide Task 1 Match the words with the different parts of the animals on Page 97.
Task 2 Make a dialogue with the words about different parts of the following animals Yes, it does./No, it doesn’t./ It has … Does a cat have … ? / What does a cat have? What does it have? It has… Task 3 Fill in the missing words.
1. Goldfish swim around with their f___s and t_s_ _ . 2. A cat doesnot have ____s_ , so it can’t fly. But it has p____, so it can catch a mouse. 3. A parrot’s _____
正在加载中,请稍后...
13页12页11页11页11页11页12页14页11页25页The fish we don’t eat - Salon.com
via )The fish we don’t eatThere are plenty of (delicious) fish in the sea. So why are we stuck on salmon and cod?It's hard to imagine just how many edible fish there are until you see them arrayed in their multicolored, multi-finned glory. Lobster Place, a bustling seafood shop in the center of New York’s Chelsea Market, is a good place to start. The store’s open display cases hold live sea urchins that
fat, juicy chunks of Hawaiian W gigantic, whole tilefish that stare, glassy-eyed at
and other offerings that, were they not labeled, you’d need a degree in marine biology to recognize.Some, like baby squid and octopi, razor clams, and fillets of specialty catch that retail for upward of $25 per pound, might intimidate the standard home chef in search of something to serve for dinner. This is intentional. Chelsea market draws tourists, upper-class gourmands and Food Network fans in search of weird fish that’s hard to find anywhere else.Other offerings, though, are just … different. There’s no reason to believe most of the fillets priced by the pound are less tasty or harder to cook than typical supermarket fare. Yet Davis Herron, Lobster Place’s director, says standard fillets of salmon, tuna, cod and halibut are still the specialty market’s biggest sellers.It’s no coincidence that the most endangered fish are also staples of the American diet. When we talk about overfishing, we’re referring to individual species that consumers -- and the market – latch on to, often to the exclusion of other options. As much as we extoll the virtue of seafood, our enthusiasm for those select few suggests, we’re really not all that comfortable with it.“There’s a fear of seafood,” said Rick Moonen, a renowned seafood chef who was one of the first to advocate sustainable fishing. “For some reason, people get nervous.” Fish are complicated, expensive and easy to overcook. They’re laced with small, sharp bones ready to choke the incautious diner. They smell. The limited number of species we stick to aren’t exceptions, but at least they’re familiar. Yet by refusing to broaden our options, we’re threatening to eat them out of existence.* * *Cod has been an American favorite , when early American settlers found that the species packed the Atlantic Ocean seemingly as tightly as sardines in a can. Colonial fishermen in New England merely had to lower their baskets into the water and watch them fill
off the coast of the U.S. and Canada right up until the 1950s, when large factory trawlers arrived.In the half-century since, cod has become a poster fish for what happens when a species becomes too popular. We’ve been eating the mild, flaky whitefish at such a rate that in the mid-'90s, the entire Atlantic population came close to commercial collapse. It’s survived, so far, but barely: Just this year, the amount of cod that fisheries are legally allowed to harvest from the Gulf of Maine was . Fishermen who rely on the catch decried the regulations for their perceived
regulators, in turn, tried to explain that this is the last hope for there being any cod industry at all. As an NOAA administrator
when the cuts were announced last January, “It’s midnight and getting darker when it comes to how many cod there are.”While that drama plays out in the Gulf of Maine, haddock swims by unperturbed. A mild, flaky whitefish, it swims the same waters as cod, and it’s more. Lobster Place displays fillets of bot when I visited, they cost the same per pound. To the extent that there’s a difference, it’s mainly the name, and in the fact that only one is being overfished. How come cod is one of the market’s most popular fish, while the haddock, in Herron’s experience, is more difficult to sell?“New York is a cod market,” is his only explanation.Lobster Place doesn’t even bother selling another mild, flaky whitefish that is currently more plentiful than cod or haddock. The Atlantic spiny dogfish is caught off the shores of the eastern U.S., and in recent years, its population has exploded. In 2008, the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Councils, which regulate fishing in federal waters, had imposed a quota of 8 million pounds on the fish. By 2012, as the species replenished, they bumped that number up to 20 million, and fishery attained the Marine Stewardship Council’s certification of sustainability. This year, the quota more than doubled, to just over 40 million. “It’s a locally caught, wild fish that can be fished at sustainable levels,” is the pitch that John F. Whiteside, Jr., an attorney who represents the Atlantic dogfish fishery, gave me.The Atlantic dogfish is much more popular in Europe, where the British deep-fry it as an alternative to cod in fish and chips. Five months into the fishing year, only 25 percent of its quota has been met, meaning there’s plenty to go around.
But if you live in the United States and would like to try it – if you live, even, in New Bedford, Mass., where two of the three seafood processors that handle spiny dogfish are located -- you can’t buy it. All of the Atlantic catch is shipped abroad, because the U.S. just isn’t a spiny dogfish market.“Certain fish have a great name,” Moonen said. Others don’t
It’s as simple as this: most would hesitate before eating something called a Patagonian toothfish, but the same fish became an American sensation once a shrewd fishmonger rechristened it Chilean sea bass.“A lot of people think we should give it a different name, but I’m not convinced,” Whiteside said about the spiny dogfish. After all, he points out, catfish does fine. And while attempts to give out free samples have resulted in more than a few confused 20-somethings thinking they were lining up for free , he insists that once people try it, the name ceases to matter.To get people to take that first bite, it can help a fish to have someone with credible taste to vouch for it. Certain restaurants – Herron mentioned New York’s
-- have enough cachet that diners will try just about anything the chef puts on the menu. Herron, who supplies a number of restaurants, has been known to try and talk respected chefs into trying something different. With less esteemed establishments, though, he’ll often run into the same problem that comes up with his own sales. Places don’t want to stray from the familiar favorites, because they know they’re what people want to order.Rick Moonen is one those chefs interested in trying new fish, and with the prestige to back up his recommendations. He insists that he isn’t trying to serve “creatures from the black lagoon” at his Las Vegas restaurant, but nonetheless finds that anything deviating from the mainstream can be a tough sell. The key to getting at least some people to try something new, he said, is cross-marketing: few customers will look at a menu and be immediately grabbed by Petrale sole. But put a crabmeat crust on it, and “you’ll sell the heck out of it.”For chef Peter Hoffman, a locavore celebrity in the New York restaurant scene, it all goes back to the fear of fish – and to our desire to see our seafood as anything but. People prefer chicken-like fillets, he said, which keeps us from being willing to try out small fish, like his favorite: the porgy. Getting the meat off the bones of small fish isn’t worth the effort for fishermen, and people don’t tend to buy whole. That’s especially a shame, said Hoffman, because cooking whole fish is actually one of the easiest ways to do it. For less-experienced chefs, as he puts it, “The chances of culinary excellence are higher.”Regardless of how they go about it, fish need great salesmen, because attempts to market them come with a small margin of error. Meat can stay refrigerated for weeks, but fish doesn’t stay fresh for long. Catch reaches retailers days after it’s harvested, said Herron, who then typically only have another day or two to get it into customers’ hands. That doesn’t leave the seller, ever-conscious of his profit margin, much time for cajoling someone into trying something new.* * *The simplest way to make a fish catch on – that speaks much strongly to our unadventurous tendencies -- is just to call it salmon. That may well be why spiny dogfish, called “rock salmon” in England and “little salmon” in France, works so well for Europe. The salmon trick seems to work for just about anything: When it appears on his menus, Moonan tells his staff to refer to Arctic char as “salmon lite,” and what he calls steelhead salmon is actually trout.Regardless of how salmon-y these alternatives are, we need them, because demand for the pink fish far outpaces what wild populations are able to supply. Customers who have learned to turn their noses up at farmed salmon, said Herron, have been known to insist upon purchasing the wild variety year-round, relying, when it’s out of season, on wild cuts that, as he puts it, “taste like shit.”One of the best alternatives may be the barramundi. In the wild, barramundi can be found swimming in the waters of the Indo-West Pacific. A large fighter, it’s a popular with recreational fishers armed with a line and rod. And , as Brian Walsh wrote in
in 2011, the fish was born to be farmed.Barramundi was brought to American consumers via a single operation: Australis, an aquaculture facility located in Turner Falls, Mass. The clean, indoor tanks in which barramundi are raised pose no disease or escape risk. The fish itself evolved, in the wild, to thrive in tightly packed, stressful environments, and it subsists on a mostly vegetarian diet. High in omega-3s, it’s increasingly recognized as a superfood, and it is, by common consensus, delicious.Small, mild and easy to pan-sear, it too, Herron said, has trouble gaining traction among his customers – perhaps because wild barramundi has a reputation for tasting “swampy.” The farmed variety sold by Australis, though, is very clean. It’s superior, for an eater, to the wild version. And from a sustainability perspective, it’s a better choice than salmon, too.I would be loath to give up salmon completely, and I imagine many would agree. But there’s a place for barramundi alongside the old favorite. Incorporating more of it onto menus and dinner tables would ease pressure on salmon populations, and it would also mean adding variety to our diets. As Hoffman put it, “there are so many flavors out there.”“Good” seafood, after all, can mean many things: health, taste, price, availability and the impact eating it will have on larger systems all need to be taken into account. Some fish fit some categorie few fit all. “Everything we carry has some redeeming quality,” Herron told me. The more we vary what we’re willing to eat, the closer we can get to achieving a better balance.
Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Fullscreen
Thumbnails
Calling it && may not be the best marketing technique, but the
of the monkfish's tail is often compared to that of the crustacean.
Spiny dogfish
The white meat of the , also sold as Cape Shark, has a sweet, mild flavor and firm texture. Its high oil content makes it ideal for deep frying (as the British do for fish and chips) or for smoking.
A number of fish are grouped und the
of them are farmed in British Columbia. &Everybody enjoys their eggs as caviar,& said Rock Moonen, &but the fish itself hasn’t reached a critical point of popularity.& Their
makes for a fine steak.
A white meat fish with a sweet, rich flavor, cobia makes for great sashimi. Rarely fished in the wild, the majority of cobia are farmed in China. A
raises them to standards .
Greater amberjack
Recreationally fished in
and New Orleans, the Greater Amberjack has
and a sweet flavor. Rick Moonen thinks its name is holding it back.
One of the fastest fish in the sea, it's taste has been compared to
and, when grilled, to . Thought to be named for a mispronunciation of the island Oahu, its other name, &ono& is Hawaiian for &.&
Arctic char
What Rick Moonen refers to as &salmon lite& has been
as falling somewhere between that and trout, though it has finer flakes than either. It's rated as a && for sustainability.
Full-flavored, oily and high in fat, pompano &.& They're
off the Gulf Coast and are .
Barramundi
, that the fish is
as a &superfood& should be all the promotion it needs.
Petrale sole
Actually a flounder, this
has a tender white meat that's sweet and mild in flavor.
Pacific sanddab
Fans of the sanddab
about its nutty flavor, and they're billed as a better alternative to flounder.
Another name for hake, it's one of those small fish that Peter Hoffman says are best cooked on the bone, or in a stew. It was
but is increasingly seen as a good alternative to cod or halibut.
butterfish due to its melty, oily meat, it also goes by the name of black cod. It's
to have the best qualities of Chilean sea bass, except it's much more sustainable.
So as not to confuse it with the
about SeaWorld, this fish can be called by its Native American name, Tautog. It swims the waters
and, like monkfish, also is sometimes called &poor man's lobster& for its sweet taste. Common
is that it's ugly and slimy, yet delicious.
Atlantic croaker
This little fish is
in the Gulf of Mexico and on the southern Atlantic coast of the U.S. Those who chose to eat it instead of using it as bait for larger catches
it's &very succulent and not too fishy.& And yes, it .
Flying fish
also found in Japanese sushi, the tropical fish has a firm, tender white meat.
Red mullet
A species of goatfish popular in France and the Mediterranean, it has a && flesh, while its creamy liver is seen as a delicacy.
A great substitute for the North American , this aquaculture-friendly
is lean, tender and almost boneless.
It's neither a ling nor a cod, but actually a , harvested off the West Coast of the U.S., where chefs
to prefer it to halibut.
Also known as sea bream -- officially sparidae -- it's Chef Peter Hoffman's choice for a great, affordable fish that's best cooked whole or in a stew.
Recent Slide Shows
MORE INMore from
Fearless journalism in your inbox every daySign up for our free newsletter

我要回帖

更多关于 eat fish 的文章

随机推荐