l( )to a village ()my father andme and my mother作文.

扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
..第1题 It can take up three months to() a man to do this work.A、guide B、raise C、train D、learn 第2题 Under no ()_ will I try it again.A、circumstances B、situation C、time D、occasion 第3题 My father can speak three languages () Chinese and English.A、beside B、besides C、except D、except for 第4题 They finally got to the village ()_ a rainy evening.A、in B、on C、at D、by 第5题 Hardly had Julie graduated from university () she got a job in a bank.A、than B、while C、when D、then 第6题 () ,mother will wait for him to have dinner together.A、However late is he B、However he is late C、However is he late D、However late he is 第7题 Not only() the data fed into it,but it can also analyze them.A、can the computer memorize B、the computer can memorize C、do the computer memorize D、can memorize the computer 第8题 You can not see the doctor() you have made an appointment with him.A、except B、unless C、even D、however 第9题 () we hurry up,we won’t be able to catch the last bus.A、Except B、Without C、Even D、Unless 第10题 I bought a shirt because it was good in quality and() in price.A、reasonable B、valuable C、comfortable D、enjoyable 没分了,没办法,有分我不会给这么少的.
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
cabbcdabda
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
CABBC DABDA
CBBBC DABDA
1.C 2.A 3.C 4.A 5.D 6.D 7.A.8.B 9.C.10.B
CABBC DABDA
扫描下载二维码《小升初英语作文范文5例》 www.wenku1.com
小升初英语作文范文5例日期:
小升初英语作文范文5例 (1) I have a best friend.She has long straight black hair, big black eyes and a small nose. She is very thin and kind.She is cute too. Her English and Chinese are very good. She is hard-working.Her favorite season is summer, because it's hot.She can eat ice- cream. She likes playing the piano, reading books and singing songs.Who's she? She is my best friend ---Sun Meng Qi. She has a very good English name, too---Angle.我有个最好的朋友她有着长长的黑色直发,大大的黑眼睛和一个小鼻子。她很瘦,对人非常和蔼,她也很可爱。她的英语和语文非常好。她学习十分认真。她最喜欢的季节是夏季,因为夏天很热,她能吃冰淇凌。她喜欢弹琴,读书和唱歌。她是谁?她就是我最好的朋友——孙梦琪。她还有一个很好听的英文名——Angle.(安琪儿)(2) My FamilyThis is my family. There are four people in my family. My grandmother, my father, my mother and me.My grandmother has short white hair. She looks very nice. My father has short black hair and small eyes. He looks very fat, so I often call him“fat man”. He works at a factory. My mother works at a L.D.T. My mother has long black hair. She likes sports and traveling, so I often go on sports with my mother. On holidays my family often goes to travel. I study at Guiyuan Primary School. We are very happy.家人这是我的家. 有4人在家里. 奶奶、爸爸、妈妈和我. 奶奶短白发. 她看起来很漂亮. 爸爸小眼睛,短黑发. 他看起来很肥,所以我常常称呼他为 (3)感谢帮过你的人Last week I saw a young man giving up his seat to a woman with a baby in her arms on a bus. To my great surprise, the woman did not on the contrary,She glared at him coldly, which made him embarrassed.This incident set me thinking. If everyone acted like that woman, who would like to help others? And what would our society be like?If anyone gives you a hand, you should express your sincere gratitude to him or her. Only in this way will everyone be ready to help others and feel satisfied with it.上周,我在公共汽车上看到一个年轻人给一个怀抱婴儿的妇女让座。让我感到奇怪的是,这位妇女没有感谢这位年轻人,反而用冷淡的目光盯着他,使他感到困窘。这事令我深思。如果每个人都像那个妇女那样,谁还愿意帮助别人?我们这个社会将会变成什么样子?如果有人帮了你,你应表示衷心感谢。只有这样,大家才会愿意帮助别人,并从中得到满足。(4) 想念爸爸(I Miss My Father)I am a girl of ten, and I live in a small mountain village far from Taiyuan. The only person that lives with me is my mother, because my father is away for eight years, working in a city.During the Spring Festival, my father came back home. He looked thin and tired. He gave my mother two thousand yuan, and told her that he would work even harder, earn more money, and then he could take us to the city He stayed at home for only ten days. We are living a poor life now. But what I want most is not money, but my father. I miss him very much! 【参考译文】我是一个十岁的女孩,我住在离太原很远的一个小山村。和我共同生活的唯一的人是我妈妈,因为我爸爸离家已经八年了,他在城里干活。春节期间爸爸回家了。他看起来瘦瘦的,很疲倦。他把2,000元交给妈妈,并告诉她说他要拼命地干活,多赚点钱,然后把我们接到城里去。他在家只呆了十天。 我们的日子很苦,可是我最需要的不是钱,是爸爸!我很想念他!(5)Planting Trees 植树Spring is coming. It is the season for planting trees. On Sunday, our teacher led us to the suburb to plant trees. We brought some spades, pails and saplings with us. On arriving there, everybody went into action in no time. We dug square pits first. Then two persons were needed to plant a tree. One held the sapling carefully and the other put the soil in. I wish the saplings would grow up quickly.【译文】 春天来了,又是一个植树的季节。星期天,老师带领我们去郊区植树。同学们拿着铁锨、水桶和小树苗上路了。到了目的地后,大家不由分说,争先恐后地干起来。我们先挖坑,然后两个人合作,一个扶着小树苗,一个培土。小树啊,你快快长大吧。 小升初常见作文题目:(1) 我的学校(My School)(2) 自我介绍(3) 我的家人(My Family)(4) 我的周末(My Weekend)(5) 我的朋友(My Friend)(6) 我的笔友/网友(My Pen pal/Net friend)本文由(www.wenku1.com)首发,转载请保留网址和出处!
免费下载文档:扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
My mother a__ with my father because he drank too much again
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
填argueargue with 与…争辩翻译:我的妈妈与爸爸争吵,因为他又喝多了.望采纳谢谢!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码January 14th, 2009
Published in
The candidacy and election of President Barack Obama drew international eyes to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, where his parents met. But among some at the university, it is Obama’s late mother who stirs strong emotions of memory and hope.
Stanley Ann Dunham took an unconventional approach to life on both personal and professional levels. Her son’s book portrays her as an innocent, academics who knew her and reporters who have discovered her describe the idealism and optimism of her worldview and work ethic.
In her work, she was not a romantic, rather appreciating the artistic while dealing with the realistic, one contemporary observes.
Dunham was born in Kansas and attended high school in Washington State. Moving to Hawaiʻi with her parents, she entered UH in 1960. In Russian class, she met the first African student to attend UH, charismatic Barack Obama Sr., who moved in politically liberal, intellectual student circles that included future Congressman Neil Abercrombie. They married and had Barack Obama Jr. in 1961.
Obama Sr. left his family for Harvard and then Kenya. Dunham returned to UH, earning a math degree. She pursued graduate work, married another international student, Lolo Soetoro, and returned with him to Indonesia. There she began extensive research and fieldwork and welcomed the birth of daughter Maya Kassandra Soetoro, nine years Barack’s junior.
Although eventually divorced a second time, Dunham is credited with encouraging her children’s appreciation of their ethnic heritages.
&She was one of the most caring mothers you can imagine,& recalls UH Librarian Bron Solyom, a fellow graduate student who shared scholarly interests and a lasting friendship.
Weaving her studies as an anthropologist with her role as a mother and using United States-based correspondence materials, recordings of gospel singer Mahalia Jackson and speeches by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Dunham home-schooled both of her children in the early morning hours before classes at the nearby Indonesian school.
&She instilled in us a love of books, based on the understanding that we could journey anywhere and that any world could belong to us,& Maya Soetoro-Ng told an overflow audience at a September 2008 UH Mānoa symposium about her mother’s work.
&She had an expansive notion of the world and of our possibilities within it. What a remarkable person she was.&
Anthropology in Indonesia
Dunham’s fieldwork immersed the children in the experiences of rural villages and of the peasants who hammered at iron, wove fibers, threw pots and expertly dyed fabrics in the method of batik. While her children were exposed to a world that embraced ancient traditions of craftwork in a modern world, Dunham worked to preserve and strengthen the crafts as viable industry for Javanese villages.
Dunham reluctantly sent 10-year-old Barack to live with her parents, Stanley and Madelyn &Toot& Dunham in Honolulu, where he attended Punahou School on scholarship. Maya’s home- often while accompanying her mother on excursions as photographer or note-taker. Dunham received her master’s degree from UH in 1983.
Soetoro-Ng said her brother credits Dunham’s empathy for his own ability to build bridges between people and countries, within the nation and with the rest of the world.
Solyom, who also studied Indonesian blacksmithing, said men admitted Dunham into their smithies, where she focused on both the intricacies of the work itself and the smithies’ role within the social and economic environment.
&Women were not welcome in the forge,& she told the symposium audience, whose members ranged from Dunham’s college contemporaries to youthful Obama supporters. &She worked with ease in what was a male workplace and was accepted in an industry dominated by men. This was an important achievement on her part. From a ceremonial or ritual point of view, the presence of a woman could be seen as the cause of a problem.&
Sound scholarship
Dunham’s extensive data proved the importance of non-agricultural rural industry alongside agriculture in a developing region’s ability to survive and thrive, Solyom says.
A detailed ethnographic study of Indonesian blacksmithing makes up the central portion of Dunham’s 1,000-page doctoral thesis. She completed the thesis in 1992 and was working with advisor Alice Dewey, emeritus professor of anthropology, to get parts of it published when she died of cancer just three years later at age 53.
A translated portion of part of Peasant Blacksmithing in Indonesia: Surviving and Thriving Against All Odds is under review by an Indonesian publishing house. Dewey and UH colleagues are hoping to find U.S. publishers interested in introductory and concluding sections of the thesis, which they say is of continuing relevance and broader general interest.
&She found hope everywhere she went and delighted in all the beauties and many layers each place provided,& Soetoro-Ng recalled.
&She believed every place, every group of people has something valuable to give. Instead of slash and burn, she would look at the plants and the crops and encourage us to see what emerges, to see the surprising and lush things that emerge from the fertile soils of the earth and the fertile soil of our minds, as we grow in the presence of one another.&
Social activism
Dunham worked as a consultant for the U.S. , setting up a village credit program, and served as a
program officer in Jakarta, specializing in women’s work. She helped establish microfinancing networks in Pakistan, India and New York.
She joined Indonesia’s oldest bank to work on what was described as the world’s largest sustainable microfinance program to assist poor farmers and rural entrepreneurs with credit and savings projects.
While Dunham didn’t invent microfinancing, she was recognized for her keen ability to bridge the gap between peasant village workers and the financial institutions she persuaded to provide financial support.
&Ann made friends everywhere. She would come into a village and was part of the family,& Dewey recounted at the symposium. &She considered peasants just as important a people as those of high rank.&
Dunham’ fierce drive to improve the lives of those she stood shoulder to shoulder with was impressed upon her children, Dewey continued. &Ann brought Barry up in a world where it is complex and where you become appreciative of the culture that captures you.
&I think she was the hardest-working person I’ve ever met, and did it without seeming to be. If we have Barry as president and he works that hard, we’re fine.&
Tags: , , , , ,
Related Stories
This story list is automatically generated from the Mālamalama archives.
Talk StoryMyths and Legends of the Sioux by Marie L. McLaughlin - Free Ebook
No cover available
Bibliographic Record
Myths and Legends of the Sioux
Release Date
Oct 1, 1995
Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
58 downloads in the last 30 days.
Download This eBook
//www.gutenberg.org/files/341/341-h/341-h.htm
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="6 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/341.epub.images?session_id=447fc23baadf806f3dbbab3aad8419ae
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="3 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/341.epub.noimages?session_id=447fc23baadf806f3dbbab3aad8419ae
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="3 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/341.kindle.images?session_id=447fc23baadf806f3dbbab3aad8419ae
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="1 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/341.kindle.noimages?session_id=447fc23baadf806f3dbbab3aad8419ae
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="1 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/files/341/341-0.txt
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="6 kB
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/341/
Enter your search terms separated by spaces,
then press &Enter&.
Avoid punctuation except as indicated below:
exact match
Always put spaces around these.
this query
shakespeare hamlet
"Hamlet" by Shakespeare