请问get rid of和be getsession .clearr of有区别吗,是不是都解释为“摆脱”?

有哪些童话故事会让你看到落泪?有哪些童话故事会让你看到落泪?小派爱故事百家号答|百度派 @旧巷我曾经看过一个小兔子的故事,就存在了备忘录里,不记得出处了。1.小白兔有一家糖果铺,小老虎有一个冰淇淋机。兔妈妈告诉小白兔,如果你喜欢一个人呐,就给一颗糖他。小白兔喜欢上了小老虎,那么那么喜欢,忍不住就把整个店子送给了他。回家后兔妈妈问她,那小老虎喜欢你吗。小白兔直点头,妈妈说,那他为什么不给你吃个冰淇淋呢。2.小白兔说,他是要给我来着,我说我不爱吃。兔妈妈说,那你真的不爱吃吗,有七种口味呢,巧克力味道的里面还有你最爱吃的杏仁啊。小白兔用脚划拉着地板,喃喃的说,其实我也没吃过,只是就想着把糖给他了。3.小老虎有了糖果店,小白兔说不如我帮你把冰淇淋机推到公园去卖吧。夏天可真热啊,冰淇淋每天都卖得光光的,大家都夸小白兔好聪明。小白兔呢,还是一口也舍不得吃。她就想等小老虎亲手送她一个,小白兔自己也没发现,她最爱的口味已经换成了香草,想要的也不再只是冰淇淋了。4.时间一天天过去了,小白兔还是没有吃到冰淇淋。倒是隔壁摊子卖饼干的小熊,给了她一盒小兔子造型的曲奇。小白兔留下糖果店和冰淇淋机给了小老虎,跟小熊去了更远的小公园卖饼干。兔妈妈问她,你不是不喜欢吃饼干吗,怎么又收下了呢。小兔子揉着红红的眼睛说,我就是饿了。5.后来小兔子听说,小老虎把冰淇淋机送给了小企鹅,和她一起住在了糖果店里。小熊把这些告诉小兔子的时候,她耷拉着耳朵呆了很久。小熊开玩笑的问她,你是不是后悔没有吃个冰淇淋再走呀。小白兔愣愣的转过脸说,就是有点难受,没能留些糖给你。6.小兔子卖力的帮着小熊卖饼干,没多久就又攒了一笔积蓄,买了新的糖果铺。这次兔妈妈千叮咛万嘱咐,她说宝宝啊,这糖要慢慢的给,不然后来就不甜了。小兔子 嘴上连连答应,心里却想着小熊收到糖果店该多开心啊。她只知道小熊又加班去了,不知道他小鸭子形状的饼干马上就要烤好了。7.小兔子回家看到了偷偷藏起来的小鸭子饼干,什么也没有多问,只是跑回家跟妈妈大哭了一场。她呜咽着和兔妈妈说,小熊最喜欢吃糖了,我终于可以给他糖果屋了,他为什么要离开我呢。兔妈妈笑了,她摸摸小兔子的头说,当他不爱你了,你的糖就不甜了。8.小兔子还是想不通,只好带着糖果店搬去了更远的地方。小鸭子可不是什么善茬儿,她不知从哪里打听到了糖果店的事。一天饭后,她揶揄的告诉小熊,哎呀你可不知道吧,你心里最单纯的小白兔,背着你用卖饼干的钱给自己买了好东西呢。不久之后,小兔子就收到了小熊的来信。9.信里只有短短几句话,大致是说小兔子走后饼干铺子生意一直不好,钱怎么说也是卖饼干挣来的,希望小兔子能把糖果店还给他。小兔子看完信后眼睛哭成了桃子, 她想起了妈妈的话,把店给了小熊。兔妈妈说小兔子是韭菜馅的脑子勾过芡的心啊,她说妈妈,其实糖还是甜的,只是人生太苦了。10.后来小白兔又爱过几个人,都无疾而终了。这缺心眼的小兔子啊,喜欢上一个人,就会使劲对他好,恨不得掏心掏肺给他看。她以为只有这样,才能让爱情活得更久更久一些。可惜那时候的小兔子还不明白,其实任何东西啊只要够深,都是一把刀。11.有一天小兔子出门,发现小熊醉倒在她门口。他哭着碎碎念着,说他过的不开心,说糖果店已经被吃完了,小鸭子嫌他没本事拍拍屁股就走了。 他一把抱住小兔子说,如果说着世界上我还有什么值得得回忆的,大概也只有你了。 小兔子被勒的喘不过气来,他心里想着,也许爱上一个旧人,就不会再有新的问题了吧。12.很久很久以后,小兔子和别人讲起这段故事,总是感慨万分的说,那些值得回忆的事啊,就该永远放在回忆里。既然是童话,总得有点好的不是。小兔子回到了小熊身边,日子没有想象中的糟糕。一起吃饭,逛逛公园,小熊每天都采一朵最漂亮的花回来送给她,小兔子会做一手好菜,小熊总是抢着洗完。小熊以为一切都好了,他甚至点点失望,都说感情是刻骨铭心的,可小兔子似乎没留下任何伤痕。多可笑啊,那些拿刀子去花豆腐的人,永远都不知道疼。15.直到有一天晚上,小熊从厨房出来,随手递了一块饼干给小兔子。小兔子摇摇头,说我好久不吃饼干了。然后她抬起头看着小熊,淡淡的说,你给过别人的东西,就不要再给我了。小熊一瞬间明白,这些伤口还是血淋淋的。那年小兔子扑在妈妈怀里哭得那个下午,他就已经弄丢他的小兔子了。一起弄丢的,还有原本可以幸福的可能。16.可小熊舍不得小兔子,小兔子自己也没发现自己当初的喜欢,已经只剩下不甘心。日子还在继续,小兔子除了还是不吃饼干,什么都是百依百顺的。在别人眼里,他们俨然成为了恩爱的一对儿。直到有一天,他打开一只旧箱子,里面装满了小熊每天送她的花。花都枯萎了,小兔子想起这些日子,她每天接过小熊的花都是敷衍的笑笑,转身便扔进这个破箱子里。她一下子发现,原来不爱了,是早就不爱了。17.和小熊分手后,小兔子断断续续的又开过几个糖果店,卖的卖送的送,也所剩无几了。可她还是学不会开口,说她饿,说她想要吃个带杏仁儿的冰淇淋。她把给糖果当成了一种惯性和礼节,看起来和从前没什么差别。她还给它们报了亮晶晶的糖纸,但小兔子心里明白,它们早就没有味道了。18.后来小兔子结婚了,是和其貌不扬的小猪,再后来还有了两个孩子。小猪是隔壁村子来旅行的,据他后来说,是来小兔子店里买糖的时候,一眼就喜欢上了这个小机灵。小猪一连来了好几次,每次都是买完糖,付了钱,又悄悄把糖留下。兔妈妈说,这样的孩子品行好,可以嫁了。小猪果然也没让兔妈妈失望,结婚后包揽了所有家务,他家都夸小兔子好福气。小兔子也总是笑眯眯的,她常常摸着两个孩子的头说,如果你们喜欢上一个人啊,就找他要一颗糖。19.故事就要结束了。没人知道,当年小猪留下的糖,是小兔子准备吃下的毒药。小兔子明明知道是有毒的,却也懒得阻拦就卖给了小猪。她想,这些贪图甜腻的人啊,总该受到些惩罚。当她刚准备重新拿出毒药服下的时候,发现了小猪买走的糖,居然安安静静的放在罐子中。20.第天小猪又来了,第三天也是。小兔子还是给他有毒的糖,她甚至不明白自己为什么要这样残忍,他总想着只要小猪收下一次,一切就都结束了。可小猪每次都巧妙的放回了罐子里,然后趁小兔子还来不及发现就走了。小兔子在和自己较劲中,似乎又看到了春天。他幸免的不只是那些有毒的糖果,而是小兔子这些年对这个世界巨大的失望。终于他们相爱了,后面的故事也水到渠成了。22.有一次小猪喝多了,朋友们起哄问到他当时怎么想到不收下糖果。小猪被灌了太多酒,回答的稀里糊涂,颠三倒四。但当那些字组合在一起,传到小兔子耳朵里时。在场的谁也没听懂,只有她在一瞬间放声大哭。23.小猪说,那天啊,那天我只是路过来着,小熊硬塞的钱,小老虎说如果我能把糖放回去,冰淇淋机就是我的了。24.嗯,故事说完了。别哭,这世界是守恒的。你付出的每一颗糖都去了该去的地方。那些你爱过的人,总会在平行时空,爱着你。以上内容由百度派作者提供本文由百家号作者上传并发布,百家号仅提供信息发布平台。文章仅代表作者个人观点,不代表百度立场。未经作者许可,不得转载。小派爱故事百家号最近更新:简介:百度旗下高质量问答讨论社区作者最新文章相关文章Cannot get rid of “physical connection is not usable” exception
由 匿名 (未验证)
可以将文章内容翻译成中文,广告屏蔽插件可能会导致该功能失效(如失效,请关闭广告屏蔽插件后再试):问题:
I am about to shoot myself. Spent few weeks now trying to solve this issue. We have an ASP.NET MVC 4 web app that uses SQL Server 2012 and Entity Framework as ORM and Unity for IoC. Web app is hosted on Amazon EC2. I started getting "Physical connection is not usable" exception. It happens few times a day. I searched many articles and forums and tried all the possible suggestions:
Tried removing pooling from connection string "Polling=False"
Tried limiting pool size and connection lifetime
Tried changing LifetimeManager of Unity to HierarchicalLifetimeManager, PerRequestLifetimeManager. Also made sure entities context is disposed after the end of request
Removed all TransactionScope references
When exception happens, the only way to restore application is to restart server, which is very bad!!!
This is full exception:
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Session Provider, error: 19 - Physical connection is not usable)
I confirm now, by changing connection string on the server to use "." for data source instead of domain name, exception seem to have disappeared. Very weird as domain name used to work before. Must be some sort of update on SQL Server
I know this is an old post but I've recently had a horrible time with this error and there were no solutions on any of the blogs.
Specific details about my problem:
ASP.NET web app with target .NET framework 4.5, MVC ver. 5.2.3, Entity ver. 6.0.0.0, MS SQLServer Express 2014. My dev system is running Windows 7 Pro SP1.
Symptoms: The error came on suddenly (I had not worked on the project for almost three weeks, at which time it had functioned fine). When I started the app, after logging the user in, the second query sent to the database by the Entity framework ALLWAYS generated the error "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Session Provider, error: 19 - Physical connection is not usable)". It did not matter which table was queried. The error was not intermittent and rebooting the server did not help. The error occurred using IIS and IIS express.
SqlConnection.ClearAllPools() prevented the error for ONE query only, and I did not want to add this before every single Entity call in the program. I tried every single solution on all the blogs to no avail, even solutions to other Transport-Level Errors. I rolled back package updates for my references in an attempt to get back to a working state. Nothing!
The Solution: The culprit was Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP1 Security update (KB3070446)!! I rolled back this update and everything worked like a charm!
I lost two days of dev work dealing with this problem, hopefully this post can help someone else avoid this agony!
I encountered this error as well. In my case, the issue was that the connection was closed by the database server but the connection remained valid in the connection pool of my app.
Resetting the application pool got my app back up and running.
Had this error after removing MaxDegreeOfParallelism which is set by default to -1 or no limit while setting the db.Database.CommandTimeout = 0.
The suggestion is to set the MaxDegreeOfParallelism explicitly to a safe value.
Another scenario:
The network connection is down even for a few seconds while the application is communicating with the server database.
The database connection is closed by the database server.
The connection remains valid in the connect as a result, when you pickup the shared connection string and try to execute it's not able to reach the database.
If you are developing Visual Studio, simply close the temporary web server on your task bar.
If it happens in production, resetting your application pool for your web site should recycle the connection pool.
Maybe due to an update on Intrusion Prevention System.
Please try to refer to the following thread:
Hope it can help.
添加新评论Office of Information Management and Technology - by OIMT | Recent
Office of Information Management and Technology
Browse Recent ideas
Please create an account to cast your vote and join our community!
All banks in town have tools available to assist the state with products & services to streamline their operations-ACH, EDI, Remote Deposit Capture, Image Lockbox Services, Credit Card Terminals)
Submitted by
in Mar 2013
Just like the Fed government, require all payments from SOH & its related entities be electronic (ACH, Wires)
Submitted by
in Mar 2013
March 1st is when all DOE District Exceptions are due. Being that I work in a field where users can apply online, or send a .pdf document, or load docs a Sharepoint site for sharing, emailed, or loaded in drop boxes it was surprising & frustrating see that I needed to complete carbon copy forms (5 pages) & deliver the principal signed copy to the individual schools.
Submitted by
in Mar 2013
It is very difficult to read the diagrams and exhibits, either printed or on screen.
Submitted by
in Oct 2012
This forum can be helpful or not.
Let's make it useful.
Show the simplicity and clearly define the objective for all to understand.
Before you get too detailed, remember your audience. &Improvements in government services are not always costly or difficult. Pull in resources of those who have experience dealing with multiple agencies (i.e. other states).
For example some payroll services have staff who have worked with federal and state agencies and have networked with other states sharing programming ideas and functions that save time and $$.
Do you know how to find such help?
&To start, make sure that the direction of ideas have value not just sound good.
If the state can't explain why a business owner has to go through so much red tape access their own data, then maybe the red tape needs to be removed.
Let's talk.
Submitted by
in Jun 2012
After reading through the comments and knowing some of the fee structures that we have in the state, I'd like to propose a question and what I think the answer should be.&The
question: Should the public be charged a fee for information?&Currently, some services are fee based and that supports the build out of the service in the first place. It's especially common in areas when the contractor built the service at little to no cost to the state with the knowledge that they are building a revenue stream at the same time. But is that a sustainable and desirable model?&I believe we need to be careful in what we charge for and how we assign "value" to a service. If anything, the public should be charged a pass-through for fees the service costs to run and nothing more as the public and public information shouldn't be a profit center.&I understand that we (the collective we) have battered government agencies with the "why can't you think more like a business" line for decades. However, I believe that that comment meant the decision making process and not creating business opportunities for internal and external organizations.
Submitted by
in Jun 2012
Hawaii is to be commended for recognizing that cloud based technologies play an important role in our current “Social” and global society.
is thrilled to see the Hawaiian State government put together the Information Technology Transformation Strategy.
We believe that every good cloud strategy involves private clouds, public clouds and hybrid clouds.
As the leader in the public cloud market Salesforce believes that the business or program functions matched with the available applications and solutions should drive the decision on where the State of Hawaii should get the cloud application and services.
Salesforce provides applications for government that we have developed but also provides an “Apps-Exchange” and a “Government Apps-Exchange” so that governments can reuse the work of others.
Many states are putting applications that they have built on the Salesforce platform to make them easily deployable to other states.
This amazing exchange of ideas and technology allows governments to rapidly deploy applications such as citizen relationship management, case management, contact center automation, enterprise collaboration, social media monitoring and participation, permits, licensing, legislation tracking, economic development, tourism programs, asset tracking, legal management, workforce development, IT help desks, student achievement, emergency preparedness, health programs and hundreds of other applications.
The average time to go live with these powerful enterprise applications is just over 50 days.
The real power of the cloud is in the availability of applications and solutions that can be easily and quickly deployed to serve the citizens of Hawaii.
We strongly encourage you to make the public cloud an equivalent option to your private cloud strategy and allow yourself the choice based on the solutions available to meet your requirements.We would be delighted to brief your leadership team on what Salesforce is doing for government.
Salesforce was recently named “The most innovative company in the world” by Forbes Magazine.
Submitted by
in Jun 2012
I am with DLIR and my line of business is administration of workers' compensation law by an attached agency.
The judiciary has alreadly implemented electronic filing of appeals and records (JIMS system) and is progressing next with district court, and thereafter all circuit courts.
State attached agencies should be prepared to go electronic as well so that all appeals, pleadings, records, etc. can be electronically filed with the agency.
The system should be compatible with the Judiciary's JIMS system.
For our office, I would like our customers to be able to log into a secured website so they can check the status of their cases, see what hearings or conferences have been scheduled in their cases, or what orders or other documents have been filed.
This information should be accessibe only to the parties and the agency.
It would be great if we can provide our customers or clients with electronic text message, voicemail, or email reminders of upcoming hearings and conferences and a vehicle to make online updates of contact information.
The technology is already available to do all of this.
Also, an idea for IT help desk: sometimes I just need to consult with an IT person and the solution may be quite simple and the problem can be resolved over the phone.
Sort of like the Apple Genius Bar or even Oceanic Cable---a person to talk you through the problem.
For more complex problems, then require a job help request.
If I have to submit a job help request, it could take days or weeks before someone comes.
Submitted by
in May 2012
If the four business outcomes can be achieved without OIMT having to take on the role of approver, OIMT would be much better off. Being an approver looks better on paper than in reality. There will always be pressure to take shortcuts and approve projects that don’t make sense in terms of the strategic plan (and sometimes don’t make sense at all). That’s because in the State "what the right things are" are often: 1. Get the money. 2. Spend the money. In state government it is a cardinal sin to turn down or turn back federal dollars. As long as the requirements of the grant are met everything else becomes secondary. As an approver OIMT will be right in the middle of this game and end up using 80% of its resources on 20% of projects that are nothing but a headache that someone is trying to get rid of. There’s a better way.&I suggest that the OIMT begin with a review not to approve a project but to determine whether or not it wants to become involved. A review for all IT purchases that exceed the amount required by HRS 103D for small purchases (don’t hard code the current number) would be a good place to start. This psychologically ties the review to existing processes so it seems like an extension of current rules and not a whole new set. By the time a program has decided to forgo the small purchase procedures and pursue a RFP or RFQ it's braced for the long haul. At worst the OIMT review will be seen as a minor inconvenience and may even be welcomed as helpful.&When the purpose of the review is to determine whether or not it makes sense for OIMT to apply its limited resources to the project, OIMT can stay more focused. There will be $200,000 COTS projects that are low risk, low priority in terms of the strategic plan, but high priority in terms of a program or a grant. There will also be $80,000 build from scratch projects that are high risk but give OIMT access to resources that push forward some strategic central element. Sometimes OIMT will just have a full plate and can’t take on another project without reducing the overall quality of its work, and yet, a program won’t be able to wait and will need to move forward now to meet grant requirements. OIMT needs to implement a safety valve, the ability to return the project to the program with no further review requirements.&Is OIMT relinquishing the control of IT resources in these cases? A lot of money coming into the State is earmarked. In these cases OIMT will not have the flexibility to divert the money to more worthwhile projects. So in reality OIMT had no control over the money to begin with. It needs to decide whether or not to fight the program in order to take control. In most cases it just won’t be worth it, the energy would be better expended elsewhere. OIMT needs to retain the right to make these types of judgments until it has unlimited resources. Then it can take responsibility for approving everything.&The same could be said for the ELC. Let them do a preliminary review and decide for themselves the projects they want to look at in detail. This is the model the Supreme Court uses. If the Supreme Court had to hear every case it would quickly become overwhelmed.&At the small purchase level OIMT needs to question why it’s getting involved at all. There’s not that much to gain, and in the big picture any apparent efficiency gained on the OIMT side is going to be paid for on the program side. Programs waste a lot of resources getting permissions for inconsequential purchases from people that know nothing about the program. Is it possible to enlighten approvers to the extent that they can make as good a judgment as a branch chief? Is it worth the effort? Not in the case of small purchases. I spend so much time justifying forgone approvals that I often feel like my primary job is creative writing, not IT. The goal is to please my audience.&Instead of approvals, pursue standardization at the small purchase level through the OneNet model. Become the vendor of first choice. In the meantime, control standards by getting DAGS to issue price lists instead of vendor lists. Keep WSCA but use lists of approved items to change WSCA from a superstore to a supply depot. Only require review of exceptions. Exceptions will almost always be part of a larger project that will have been reviewed anyway. Drawing attention to exceptions is also a good way to catch large projects that haven’t been submitted for review.&Make it a priority to get DAGS to come up with a statewide leasing contract for desktops. Actions like these will go a long way toward standardizing purchases of commodity items so that the State can provide central support for them, AND, at the same time eliminate any need for small purchase approvals for technical reasons.&If it can, OIMT should convince DAGS to get rid of the T-205 altogether. If it can’t OIMT should divorce itself from it completely. The T-205 has a bad reputation and a bad image. If a department wants more control over small purchases they always have the ability to implement stricter standards. Let the department be responsible for obsolete procedures, not OIMT.&Acknowledging up front that OIMT cannot be omnipotent in the State’s IT world and letting programs have final say on some decisions will improve OIMT’s image, but not enough. The governance plan reflects the org chart too well. It does not take into consideration the org chart’s limitations. Directors come and go. Branch chiefs are forever. The primary reason the civil service system was created was to provide continuity of government services regardless of changes in administration. In order to do that the civil service system does in fact place limitations on the power of an administration. You can see why this is necessary. A new administration could come in, replace all the managers with friends and relatives, and then proceed to blow most of the budget on pet projects, not leaving enough money to provide adequate essential services.&In spite of what the org chart says, directors and program managers share power. In the case of earmarked funds, program managers have the lion’s share of the say. This is a very big way that government differs from commercial enterprises. This plan seems to forget that. It gives Director’s the same amount of authority they would have in an enterprise, much more authority than they currently have now. OIMT then proceeds to assume much of that power for itself. It is really bad public relations. It makes it look like an attempt at a power grab.&OIMT would do better positioning itself as a service provider and educator, a kind of internal consultant. OIMT would have a lot of influence and avoid the political wars.&Program managers absolutely hate it when they think someone is telling them how to run their program. They best understand the limitations imposed on them by the laws covering their program. They rightly believe that they are in the best position to make business decisions, not some upstart Director or IT group. On the other hand program managers love it when someone really helps. The program managers are happy to pay for that service (except for having to get payments through the approval process). And that brings me to my last suggestion.&OIMT should investigate becoming self-supporting along the lines of the special fund model. Besides earmarks, another big reason for the variability in IT maturity is that general funded programs are always maintained at subsistence levels and even those levels are always being tested. Nobody wants to be seen as responsible for the death of a program. By keeping general funding for any given program at an absolute minimum, there’s more money to spread around and the total number of programs in existence can increase. Everyone can take credit for supporting programs without having to take blame for eliminating others. Federally funded programs get just enough State funding to make match. It’s the earmarked federal money, which the program manager controls, that gives them the ability to invest in IT.&Using a fee for service model has several advantages. Instead of asking for big-ticket items, it makes it possible for OIMT to spread out costs by having programs put a barely noticable line item in their budget for information technology services. It also gives OIMT an easy way to draw off earmarked funds. It’s not a perfect solution. I don’t know if it’s ever been done for internal services. It will take a legislative fight and even if OIMT gets special fund status the legislature can always raid the fund, but it beats being in a position of constantly just scraping by.&DAGS uses a fee for service model to charge special and federally funded programs for accounting services. In their case however it doesn’t work. The money ends up in the general fund and is then given to other programs that have more political visibility than an accounting program. DAGS ends up providing lousy service due to a lack of resources. In some cases this happens directly and in other cases it’s indirect but it’s effectively the same result. The money goes to other services and people don’t get what they paid for.&I’ve talked to several people with more than 20 years experience in the State and they all think the OIMT plans are too ambitious and that they will never be implemented. I agree. It’s just too much to digest all at once. I can’t imagine a legislator taking the time to look at these plans in detail. On the surface it looks like an IT proposal. In terms of political visibility, IT falls much closer to the accounting side of the scale than the education side. But all is not lost, a combination of service orientation, support from the programs, and fee for service could give OIMT a chance to bootstrap these plans into existence when the business argument fails.
Submitted by
in May 2012
While it is not perfectly clear from these documents, it appears as though this "state-wide plan" in fact only covers the Executive branch ("The “we” in this case are the CIO, the Department Directors, and the Departmental IT leads.")
As this is the largest branch, and has many ties into enterprise, I can certainly see why you would start with this, but I would also like to see a vision that covers the Legislative and Judicial branches.
The Legislative branch is particularly important to enterprise as it enacts the laws, and its electronic version of the statutes is out of date for about 6 months out of the year (that's the approximate time period between the end of session, when many bills become effective, and the uploading of the amended HRS).
This delay is caused by the need to compile and proof all of the Acts, which is understandable.
However, making the legislative data available to developers via API would allow them to pull in the latest data on statutory amendments from the bills themselves and thus ensure that they are complying with all applicable laws on a timely basis.
Therefore, the Legislative branch should be part of this plan and should participate in governance.
Submitted by
in May 2012
I noticed that there is going to be an attempt at doing a dataset inventory during the month of July. These sorts of things usually turn into a last minute scramble with frazzled nerves, disrupted work, and negative feelings all around. A lot of people will look at this as another useless exercise.&On July 2nd, before asking for something from the troops, give them something. I know purchasing is covered in the long term but we desperately need a uniform policy toward the purchase of computer hardware incidentals now. And it would be good publicity. This item can be included under organizational alignment and could be a quick win for the strategic plan.&My hardware approvals are reviewed by six offices outside of my branch. Those reviews are required for something as mundane as a mouse or a flash drive. This makes no sense. The review process costs more than the item being purchased. It also has a high cost in terms of morale.&I suggest as a more sensible policy, that the purchase of computer hardware incidentals, within the HRS 103D purchase requirements, be at the sole discretion of the branch chief and exempt from the T-205 process. OIMT can define incidentals any way it likes.&One option could be a dollar amount. This will be helpful in eliminating a lot of unnecessary work even if the dollar amount limit is as small as $30 per item.&Another option could be a list of exempt items such as flash drives, usb hubs, memory card readers etc. Personally I would really push it and include digital cameras. These are purchases in which the only two considerations are first, do we need it, and second, do we have the money? If a branch chief can't be trusted to figure that out on his own there's no hope.&A third option would be a list of items that are exempt when purchased as a direct replacement for a broken item. These would be things like hard drives, video cards, and maybe even monitors.&If OIMT should decide to do this, the office needs to know that when a directive comes from the governor, DAGS staples its own version of the directive on top, and then the other departments staple their own version of the directive on the top of that. The troops on the ground never read past the department's directive. I would make some phone calls and make sure that the first sentence in the department's directive goes something like, "As part of the new strategic plan created by OIMT...."&This policy would go a long way toward demonstrating that OIMT is capable of making positive changes at the ground level and instill a bit of hope in the troops while they're busy listing their datasets.
Submitted by
in May 2012
The stumbling block to transformation in Hawaii is culture, not just in government but in the community in general. I'm glad to see that the IT/IRM Strategic Plan recognizes that it is proposing a cultural shift. I'm concerned that the plan is lacking in specfic actions.&As I was looking at Table 2, I noticed that three of the four outcomes had at least one initiative with a specific schedule. The one outcome that didn't, organizational alignment, is going to be the bigest stumbling block to achieving the other three.&To overcome the stovepiping problem, the culture of non-communication needs to be addressed. OIMT may be doing a good job of communicating with the upper echelons but it's not getting through to the lower ranks. I work in IT. I heard about this plan through AITP. I asked a few of the non-IT program supervisors where I work if they heard of OIMT. Nope.&I think OIMT needs to come out with a monthly email to let people know what's coming. Working for the State in any support capacity is incredibly frustrating. This plan addresses a lot of those frustrations. People should be told about the initiatives now. Give them a chance to adjust to the idea and maybe even get excited that their job will be less frustrating in the future.&If nothing else, OIMT should have an email list of every IT employee in the State, and send them announcements when plans are made available or web sites like this one are launched. I was looking at the users of this site. I couldn't find one that didn't work for OIMT. Maybe OIMT needs to be less stovepiped.
Submitted by
in May 2012
HAWAII’S ROADMAP FOR TRANSFORMATION
On October 4, 2012, the State Office of Information Management and Technology unveiled its plan as directed by Governor Neil Abercrombie to create an environment in Hawai’i for innovative industries to thrive and simultaneously apply technology to all sectors.
The 12-year roadmap for this major initiative is described in the Transformation Plan.
To read the Transformation Plan, go to:
We want to hear your comments.
to submit your ideas, discuss and refine others' ideas, and vote the best ones to the top.
The life-cycle management of processes and policies that guide the management and oversight of the state’s portfolio of business transformation and IT investments, acquisitions, and projects, including system development, business process re-engineering, and infrastructure improvements.
Comments will be taken through Friday, June 1. Feedback will be considered by OIMT and incorporated in the final version of the Business and IT Transformation Strategic Plan that will be published in July.
If you have any questions, email the Office of Information Management and Technology at
The Business and IT/IRM Transformation Strategic Plan documents the mission, vision, goals, strategies
objectives, and performance measures of the transformation effort, as well as specific prioritized projects and initiatives that will be launched over the next 10 years.
Comments will be taken through Friday, June 1. Feedback will be considered by OIMT and incorporated in the final version of the Business and IT Transformation Strategic Plan that will be published in July.
If you have any questions, email the Office of Information Management and Technology at
The blueprint for change that provides the framework for the design and development of IT systems, applications, business information, and processes to best support the goals and missions of the various departments’ line of business. This also describes the details relative to ongoing and planned investments and projects that will address the transition from the
state’s current information technology environment to the future vision and the sequence that projects should be implemented over the next eight to ten years.
An overview of the business process reengineering and IT/IRM projects that have been completed, are currently being implemented, or planned.